Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  TheMightyMol... : (02 June 2020 - 07:01 PM)

Megatron's coupon has failed! Now I, Starscream, shall speak to your manager!

@  -LittleAutob... : (02 June 2020 - 06:39 PM)

(i just want to make jokes excuse my doing)

@  -LittleAutob... : (02 June 2020 - 06:38 PM)

ITS STARSCREAM.... AND HIS CLONES

@  Steevy Maximus : (02 June 2020 - 06:31 PM)

And there was no one there when I started!

@  Steevy Maximus : (02 June 2020 - 06:31 PM)

I swear, I'm in line to use a coupon, there is something wrong with said coupon, and suddenly I'm holding up a line of 3 or 4 people

@  -LittleAutob... : (01 June 2020 - 12:15 PM)

Ha! Talk about getting away with something!

@  Maximus Ambus : (01 June 2020 - 09:08 AM)

Carnivac was still an evil Decepticon at heart, and no one shot him in the back for it.

@  -LittleAutob... : (30 May 2020 - 06:52 PM)

*stares at the light switch* .... I see what you did there

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (30 May 2020 - 01:40 PM)

*hands llittleautobot1218 a light switch* There you go.

@  -LittleAutob... : (30 May 2020 - 10:53 AM)

I feel a need to lighten up the mood.... ;)

@  -LittleAutob... : (30 May 2020 - 10:38 AM)

:p

@  Maximus Ambus : (30 May 2020 - 02:14 AM)

Shockwave did it.

@  NotVeryKnightly : (30 May 2020 - 12:21 AM)

I'm not in the US and at least some of the episodes seem to work for me. I don't know the actual list of places it's available, though.

@  Shockwave 75 : (29 May 2020 - 10:37 PM)

Unfortunately It seems Cyberverse is only available in the US on YouTube.

@  -LittleAutob... : (29 May 2020 - 09:19 AM)

Yes, and its ongoing.

@  NotVeryKnightly : (29 May 2020 - 01:05 AM)

Cyberverse is already officially uploaded to YouTube.

@  fourteenwings : (29 May 2020 - 12:36 AM)

Spin Master is abridging current episodes of Bakugan Armored Alliance and posting the result on YouTube. Maybe Hasbro does that someday too.

@  -LittleAutob... : (28 May 2020 - 10:59 PM)

I see... :/

@  wonko the sane? : (28 May 2020 - 08:14 PM)

Within the US anyway. Those channels aren't easy or cheap to access in other countries, and their website often region lock content. Tubi is the only good thing on that list: largely identical (but not perfectly so. Damnit. I wanna watch COPS.) country to country and free.

@  Steevy Maximus : (28 May 2020 - 07:24 PM)

So yeah, Hasbro is using plenty of venues to spread exposure of their brands

@  Steevy Maximus : (28 May 2020 - 07:23 PM)

Starz currently licenses Transformers G1 and the GI Joe movie (as well as MLP specials). Netflix has more current series available.

@  Nevermore : (28 May 2020 - 07:21 PM)

Study shows: Holders of the title "world's oldest person" have a severely increased risk of dying.

@  Steevy Maximus : (28 May 2020 - 07:18 PM)

Tubi TV and Youtube both host various Hasbro cartoons. Both are freely accessed and ad supported. Any basic TV package (barring straight antenna) includes channels like USA Network, SyFy and FX, all of which regularly air the films from Transformers and GI Joe.

@  wonko the sane? : (28 May 2020 - 06:18 PM)

I dunno what to tell you, media might be changing slowly, but at least it's still accessible. Even the folks that DON'T get one of the streaming services can watch it on the company website. It's a vehicle for the toy line after all, they need to make an effort to make it as consumable as possible.

@  -LittleAutob... : (28 May 2020 - 05:41 PM)

Well. Thats said, then.... I guess... :doh

@  wonko the sane? : (28 May 2020 - 04:13 PM)

As long as the the cartoons are profitable, then they'll make more. The media it's shown on is completely irrelevant. I say that as a guy whose earliest surviving memory is a big red truck turning into a big red robot.

@  ZakuConvoy : (28 May 2020 - 03:06 PM)

Might be the end of an era. With the rise of streaming, who knows if Transformers will ever be on broadcast TV again.

@  -LittleAutob... : (28 May 2020 - 11:46 AM)

3 seasons on a show is usually enough... but yeah ;-;

@  Roddie Luver : (27 May 2020 - 09:37 PM)

I’m also sad Cyberverse has no season four.

@  Paladin : (26 May 2020 - 08:10 PM)

it's too hugging hot today.

@  -LittleAutob... : (25 May 2020 - 03:39 PM)

I'll agree with you on that.

*Figured -_-

I fugured

@  Steevy Maximus : (25 May 2020 - 01:37 PM)

I'm actually sad Cyberverse won't get another season. 2 and 3 (of what I've seen) have REALLY nailed it in being fun little actions shows, like the Sunbow series.

@  Rycochet : (25 May 2020 - 01:00 PM)

Yes.

@  Maximus Ambus : (25 May 2020 - 12:52 PM)

I'm waiting for Animated season 4. Am I insane?

@  wonko the sane? : (25 May 2020 - 11:22 AM)

I'm waiting for the next season to show up on netflix.

@  Sabrblade : (25 May 2020 - 10:59 AM)

Many of us have already watched the rest of the Cyberverse episodes since the whole third season aired in the UK last September.

@  -LittleAutob... : (25 May 2020 - 10:18 AM)

*9th

@  -LittleAutob... : (25 May 2020 - 10:17 AM)

I just saw the 8th episode... omg

@  Bass X0 : (25 May 2020 - 01:28 AM)

Already seen it online.

@  -LittleAutob... : (24 May 2020 - 09:42 PM)

Who's excited for tomorrow? The only thing that makes Monday worth it is the Cyberverse episodes .-.

@  wonko the sane? : (24 May 2020 - 12:30 PM)

Welcome. I just came into that trick myself recently, so happy to share.

@  Nevermore : (24 May 2020 - 12:05 PM)

Thanks, wonko the sane? for the tip with the cloning. That helped a lot!

@  -LittleAutob... : (24 May 2020 - 12:02 PM)

Heheh.... yes... I don't think a sniper would be very good at making a vaccine... 0.0

@  Nevermore : (24 May 2020 - 11:48 AM)

All right! Cloning my old HHD to an SSD and then swapping out the drive was successful, it would appear. Finally.

@  Bass X0 : (24 May 2020 - 11:30 AM)

Scientist Perceptor is. Sniper Perceptor less so.

@  -LittleAutob... : (24 May 2020 - 10:51 AM)

Perceptor would be more responsible.

@  -LittleAutob... : (24 May 2020 - 10:48 AM)

Oof x~x

@  TheMightyMol... : (24 May 2020 - 10:45 AM)

He'd cure the virus, but he'd probably commit at least two crimes against nature and weaponize a third in the process.

Photo
- - - - -

The Star Wars Toy Thread

2206 replies to this topic

#541 ZacWilliam1

ZacWilliam1
  • Citizen
  • 17704 posts
  • Faction::RIRFIB

Posted 28 July 2015 - 05:28 AM

I really don't get SW collectors complaining about 5 PoA. It's what SW was for most of its life. Were all those toys from 1977 to fairly recently complete garbage to be thrown out because they were 5 PoA?

Honestly if there was ever a line where 5 PoA IS the legacy to be continued and cherished Star Wars is it IMO.

-ZacWilliam, not saying all current 5PoA figures are perfect or couldn't be improved here and there (HATE the non removable helmet on Skiff Lando for instance) but on the whole I'm quite happy with them.
Ever wonder about the speed of Turbofoxes?
Or the proverbial ailerons of Titanium Moosebots?

*Visit the one and only Cybertronic Bestiary.
For a mechazoologic tour of the mechanimals of Cybertron.

#542 HellCat

HellCat

Opinionated idiot

• Citizen
  • 29095 posts

Posted 28 July 2015 - 05:36 AM

Star Wars collectors tend to complain a lot.

#543 SwiftEagle

SwiftEagle
  • Citizen
  • 6339 posts

Posted 28 July 2015 - 06:47 AM

I feel about 5POA figures like I feel about G1 Transformers, VHS tapes and the original King's Quest game - I've got fuzzy nostalgia, but I don't want to return to the style.

ASM
Tomorrow's nostalgia today!

#544 ZacWilliam1

ZacWilliam1
  • Citizen
  • 17704 posts

Posted 28 July 2015 - 08:03 AM

I feel about 5PoA SW like I do about Comic Books: some of the modern more realistic stuff is nice, but I'd much rather have the solid, fun all ages type super hero adventure books I grew up with. Dan Slott and Squirrel Girl vs Bendis or Alias.

-ZacWilliam, to push a metaphor really far. Basically I think the 5PoA is just as fun now as then, while the fully poseable stuff at 3 3/4 has never appealed to me much.

#545 Eneon

Eneon
  • Citizen
  • 6166 posts
  • Faction::Maximal

Posted 28 July 2015 - 08:32 AM

I agree that 5POA is as fun as it ever was.

That being "not very".(personally)

Toylines I was into as a child:

regular Hot Wheels

Attack Pack

Zbots(especially the combining ones)

Kenner Batman

TMNT

Power Rangers(and other Saban properties)

Ronan Warriors

Transformers

Jurassic Park Chaos Effect

Digimon

Lego(mostly Bionicle)

Medabots

(bold means I was into them way more than the others on the list)

Now, there were some "standard" action figures as part of some of those, but I was only ever interested in them when they came with cool vehicles, armor, accessories, or could transform in some way. The poor articulation was something that often frustrated me.

I liked Star Wars, and enjoyed a few of the Marvel cartoons, but the toys never grabbed me until very recently.

Edited by Silent_Magnus, 28 July 2015 - 08:53 AM.

#546 HellCat

HellCat

Opinionated idiot

• Citizen
  • 29095 posts

Posted 28 July 2015 - 09:59 AM

This is fun- just popped Figurarts Vader's head off for a photo and it actually has the bumpy collar and the back of Anakin's head! Don't think it comes off but that's amazing detail given most will likely never even see it.

#547 SwiftEagle

SwiftEagle
  • Citizen
  • 6339 posts

Posted 28 July 2015 - 11:00 AM

Ugh, I've only just gotten addicted to expensive Japanese action figures of statues. Don't drag me into Star Wars ones too.

Missed the SDCC First Order Stormtrooper, dangit. Though I've gotten the impression there's likely to be nothing actually exclusive about him except his fancy packaging.

ASM

#548 Dake

Dake

Resident resident

• Supporter
  • 19576 posts

Posted 28 July 2015 - 12:06 PM

I really don't get SW collectors complaining about 5 PoA. It's what SW was for most of its life. Were all those toys from 1977 to fairly recently complete garbage to be thrown out because they were 5 PoA?

Honestly if there was ever a line where 5 PoA IS the legacy to be continued and cherished Star Wars is it IMO.

-ZacWilliam, not saying all current 5PoA figures are perfect or couldn't be improved here and there (HATE the non removable helmet on Skiff Lando for instance) but on the whole I'm quite happy with them.

For me at any rate, it's more along the lines of "loving then losing". Had we never moved away from 5 POA that's one thing. But to see what they could accomplish with increased articulation on figures (not necessarily even Super-articulated) while maintaining great aesthetics, and then return to not only 5 POA but mediocre-sculpted 5 POA is sad.

The POTF 2 stuff was 5 POA but the sculpts got better and better and there was a hint of dynamism to the figures that was nice. Returning to the stiff-as-a-board and soft sculpting of the 80's in a modern line is insulting (and again - the figures were made like that back then because it was the best they could do).

In the end yes, everyone has different play patterns. We've been arguing this same topic over in the Joe thread though, and what it boils down to for me is: I didn't stop asking for Star Wars and start asking for Joes as a kid because I didn't like Star Wars anymore. It was because Joes were so much more interesting and fun to play with. They could interact in ways other than goose-stepping and Nazi-saluting! They could be posed when you weren't playing with them and look almost human!

Anyway - I gotta go wash this dead horse off my shoes.

Edited by Dake, 28 July 2015 - 12:07 PM.

8ZSy6aw.jpg

#549 Fishbug

Fishbug

Coming out of my can and I've been doing just fine

• Citizen
  • 11945 posts
  • Faction::Predacon

Posted 28 July 2015 - 01:19 PM

Maybe next they can stop making lightsabers seperate accessories, and make them weird little noodles that come out of the figure's arm again.
25aputg.jpg
#WHERESINJECTOR

#550 Steevy Maximus

Steevy Maximus

Snarky Siegie

• Citizen
  • 4836 posts
  • Faction::Unicron's Spawn

Posted 28 July 2015 - 01:27 PM

Maybe next they can stop making lightsabers seperate accessories, and make them weird little noodles that come out of the figure's arm again.

Only if they light up:

http://www.rebelscum...Darth_Vader.asp

Because light up Sabers is AMAZING

I kind of wonder if stuff like Movie Heroes will be what Force Awakens Armor figures end up being: SA figures with some gimmick feature.

Which would be AWESOME!

#551 SwiftEagle

SwiftEagle
  • Citizen
  • 6339 posts

Posted 28 July 2015 - 01:36 PM

Heck, it's a pretty big stretch to argue that 5POA is what the line was for most of its life. POTF95 started with six points of articulation, and they began adding more pretty soon after that. Five points is literally just 1978 through mid-1985 -- seven and a half years out of 27.5.

ASM

#552 Betty Nor

Betty Nor
  • Citizen
  • 7819 posts

Posted 28 July 2015 - 02:12 PM

i always liked the FX Figures that lit up - except Obi-wan since LED costs gave him a green lightsaber.

The Emperor was probably my favourite.

#553 HellCat

HellCat

Opinionated idiot

• Citizen
  • 29095 posts

Posted 29 July 2015 - 10:43 AM

Falcon issues/parts piling up due to lack of time currently. Most interesting thing to report is that you get a set of transparent plastic jigs, similar to the trays you find in larger toy packaging. Apparently as the thing goes on combined sub assemblies will become so large you'll need these to rest the metal frames on you can correctly add hull pieces and the like. Assuming once that's done they can be disposed of.

Beyond that not much to say. It's currently repetitive stuff like building similar corridor pieces again and again leading from the main hold from earlier. I am finding it easier to actually let issues build up as there's a lot of 'Here's a part. Keep it safe cause you ain't using it for another eight issues'. I'm off for this and next week so hopefully before I'm done I'll have finished up everything in the backlog.

#554 HellCat

HellCat

Opinionated idiot

• Citizen
  • 29095 posts

Posted 30 July 2015 - 05:30 AM

uQRhgXoh.jpg

Half of bottom hull frame. It big, yo.

#555 Betty Nor

Betty Nor
  • Citizen
  • 7819 posts

Posted 30 July 2015 - 01:50 PM

It took a lot of finagling (the hands pop off way too easily), but I finally got my Ashigaru Stormtrooper in the pose that I wanted:

IMG_6238.jpg

...and then today:

IMG_6236.jpg

Praise the lord, he arrived! (I hate wait)

Admittedly, I'm probably having more fun with jazz hands than I'm supposed to (especially when the light-katana is so prettiful).

IMG_6247.jpg

"Hadouken!"

Edited by Betty Nor, 30 July 2015 - 01:53 PM.

#556 HellCat

HellCat

Opinionated idiot

• Citizen
  • 29095 posts

Posted 30 July 2015 - 02:30 PM

i always liked the FX Figures that lit up - except Obi-wan since LED costs gave him a green lightsaber.

The Emperor was probably my favourite.

Hasbro used to be really good with display piece Star Wars items back in the day. I remember there were some figures on big blister cards and with octagon bases with a dial, so you could rotate them for viewing even if you didn't open them. There was a Boba in the set but I could only ever find the Vader and Luke from the Bespin fight.

Plus they had those McFarlane-style pre-posed figurines where it was characters in dramatic poses.

#557 Betty Nor

Betty Nor
  • Citizen
  • 7819 posts

Posted 30 July 2015 - 02:55 PM

I remember those rotating base ones.  The PotF2-era was my golden age in collecting just because distribution was so scattered, sporadic, and varied.  You could walk into any given store and either find something completely new and unexpected, something odd, or empty pegs.  Or Greedo.  Scores and scores of Greedo.

I actually had fun tracking down my PotF2 collection because it was before internet shopping was a thing, and it took considerable effort to be a completionist.

#558 ZacWilliam1

ZacWilliam1
  • Citizen
  • 17704 posts

Posted 30 July 2015 - 04:22 PM

I don't mind pre-posed statue-type figures though I have little interest in buying them, I HATE pre-posed action figures in action poses. I despised all the early Prequel era Jedi that were stuck in one lunging attack pose.

-ZacWilliam, Action figures need to have a relatively neutral pose so you can play with them doing lots of adventurous things. Lunging full out with blade extended is the opposite of that.

Edited by ZacWilliam1, 30 July 2015 - 04:23 PM.

#559 Steevy Maximus

Steevy Maximus

Snarky Siegie

• Citizen
  • 4836 posts
  • Faction::Unicron's Spawn

Posted 31 July 2015 - 02:06 PM

Anyone want to be Senior Brand Marketing Manager US Division of Star Wars at Hasbro?

http://jobs.hasbro.c...2901/280406600/

Edited by Steevy Maximus, 31 July 2015 - 02:08 PM.

#560 SwiftEagle

SwiftEagle
  • Citizen
  • 6339 posts

Posted 31 July 2015 - 02:24 PM

Yes.

TWO-LIMBED MAX REBOS FOR ALL!

ASM

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users