Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  TheMightyMol... : (06 June 2020 - 11:46 AM)

The toys had some good parts. They also had Side Swipe.

@  wonko the sane? : (06 June 2020 - 10:55 AM)

I mean, still addicted to minicons...

@  -LittleAutob... : (06 June 2020 - 10:46 AM)

Energon and Cybertron WERE boring... and Starscream was just messed up in those shows....

@  Cyoti : (06 June 2020 - 10:01 AM)

a toyline searching for a story

@  TheMightyMol... : (05 June 2020 - 07:47 PM)

Eh. It had a few ideas that could've been interesting. They just never went anywhere because it was easier to have Megatron brainwash everyone.

@  Nevermore : (05 June 2020 - 07:41 PM)

Energon's biggest problem is that it was made.

@  Paladin : (05 June 2020 - 05:15 PM)

remember when Energon had to switch animation styles because their CGI models were completely incapable of expressing emotions ?

@  Thundercrack... : (05 June 2020 - 04:42 PM)

And what was done to Demolisher to a lesser extent.

@  Thundercrack... : (05 June 2020 - 04:34 PM)

Energon's biggest problem is what it did to Starscream.

@  TheMightyMol... : (05 June 2020 - 04:00 PM)

I mean, they took all of that and the series is still dull enough to use as a sleep aid, so....

@  wonko the sane? : (05 June 2020 - 02:46 PM)

It's a food source, a weapon and so unstable that looking at it funny makes it explode. If energon is boring, blame the writers not the element.

@  TheMightyMol... : (05 June 2020 - 02:17 PM)

Energon's big problem is that it's boring.

@  Maximus Ambus : (05 June 2020 - 01:48 PM)

Double post ignore.

@  Maximus Ambus : (05 June 2020 - 01:44 PM)

Energon was the worst of the lot.

@  Bass X0 : (05 June 2020 - 05:39 AM)

"I know I can't catch you.... but I can... trap you...!"

@  Maximus Ambus : (04 June 2020 - 11:51 PM)

They dubbed reaction shots and running scenes in the first two UT shows with "huh?" and grunts. very annoying.

@  Sabrblade : (04 June 2020 - 06:10 PM)

Watch it in Japanese with English subs. Karyuudo did all that work for us so that we could. ;)

@  wonko the sane? : (04 June 2020 - 06:08 PM)

I tried... but it just wasn't that good. The comics were better.

@  PlutoniumBoss : (04 June 2020 - 04:07 PM)

I didn't even watch Armada when it originally aired.

@  -LittleAutob... : (04 June 2020 - 01:52 PM)

Anyone watch Armada anymore ._.

@  JRSBill : (03 June 2020 - 01:06 PM)

bain

@  Maximus Ambus : (03 June 2020 - 04:14 AM)

UBI is coming.

@  -LittleAutob... : (02 June 2020 - 09:30 PM)

I can just HEAR his screechy G1 voice saying that....

@  -LittleAutob... : (02 June 2020 - 09:30 PM)

*Dies laughing* XDDDDDD

@  TheMightyMol... : (02 June 2020 - 07:01 PM)

Megatron's coupon has failed! Now I, Starscream, shall speak to your manager!

@  -LittleAutob... : (02 June 2020 - 06:39 PM)

(i just want to make jokes excuse my doing)

@  -LittleAutob... : (02 June 2020 - 06:38 PM)

ITS STARSCREAM.... AND HIS CLONES

@  Steevy Maximus : (02 June 2020 - 06:31 PM)

And there was no one there when I started!

@  Steevy Maximus : (02 June 2020 - 06:31 PM)

I swear, I'm in line to use a coupon, there is something wrong with said coupon, and suddenly I'm holding up a line of 3 or 4 people

@  -LittleAutob... : (01 June 2020 - 12:15 PM)

Ha! Talk about getting away with something!

@  Maximus Ambus : (01 June 2020 - 09:08 AM)

Carnivac was still an evil Decepticon at heart, and no one shot him in the back for it.

@  -LittleAutob... : (30 May 2020 - 06:52 PM)

*stares at the light switch* .... I see what you did there

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (30 May 2020 - 01:40 PM)

*hands llittleautobot1218 a light switch* There you go.

@  -LittleAutob... : (30 May 2020 - 10:53 AM)

I feel a need to lighten up the mood.... ;)

@  -LittleAutob... : (30 May 2020 - 10:38 AM)

:p

@  Maximus Ambus : (30 May 2020 - 02:14 AM)

Shockwave did it.

@  NotVeryKnightly : (30 May 2020 - 12:21 AM)

I'm not in the US and at least some of the episodes seem to work for me. I don't know the actual list of places it's available, though.

@  Shockwave 75 : (29 May 2020 - 10:37 PM)

Unfortunately It seems Cyberverse is only available in the US on YouTube.

@  -LittleAutob... : (29 May 2020 - 09:19 AM)

Yes, and its ongoing.

@  NotVeryKnightly : (29 May 2020 - 01:05 AM)

Cyberverse is already officially uploaded to YouTube.

@  fourteenwings : (29 May 2020 - 12:36 AM)

Spin Master is abridging current episodes of Bakugan Armored Alliance and posting the result on YouTube. Maybe Hasbro does that someday too.

@  -LittleAutob... : (28 May 2020 - 10:59 PM)

I see... :/

@  wonko the sane? : (28 May 2020 - 08:14 PM)

Within the US anyway. Those channels aren't easy or cheap to access in other countries, and their website often region lock content. Tubi is the only good thing on that list: largely identical (but not perfectly so. Damnit. I wanna watch COPS.) country to country and free.

@  Steevy Maximus : (28 May 2020 - 07:24 PM)

So yeah, Hasbro is using plenty of venues to spread exposure of their brands

@  Steevy Maximus : (28 May 2020 - 07:23 PM)

Starz currently licenses Transformers G1 and the GI Joe movie (as well as MLP specials). Netflix has more current series available.

@  Nevermore : (28 May 2020 - 07:21 PM)

Study shows: Holders of the title "world's oldest person" have a severely increased risk of dying.

@  Steevy Maximus : (28 May 2020 - 07:18 PM)

Tubi TV and Youtube both host various Hasbro cartoons. Both are freely accessed and ad supported. Any basic TV package (barring straight antenna) includes channels like USA Network, SyFy and FX, all of which regularly air the films from Transformers and GI Joe.

@  wonko the sane? : (28 May 2020 - 06:18 PM)

I dunno what to tell you, media might be changing slowly, but at least it's still accessible. Even the folks that DON'T get one of the streaming services can watch it on the company website. It's a vehicle for the toy line after all, they need to make an effort to make it as consumable as possible.

@  -LittleAutob... : (28 May 2020 - 05:41 PM)

Well. Thats said, then.... I guess... :doh

@  wonko the sane? : (28 May 2020 - 04:13 PM)

As long as the the cartoons are profitable, then they'll make more. The media it's shown on is completely irrelevant. I say that as a guy whose earliest surviving memory is a big red truck turning into a big red robot.

Photo
- - - - -

The Star Wars Toy Thread

2206 replies to this topic

#421 Eneon

Eneon
  • Citizen
  • 6166 posts
  • Faction::Maximal

Posted 11 May 2015 - 05:52 PM

Re-watching The Clone Wars with a friend and I'm really getting a hankering for 6 inch Black series figures of some of these designs.

Mostly clones and droids.

Edited by Silent_Magnus, 11 May 2015 - 05:52 PM.

#422 Steevy Maximus

Steevy Maximus

Snarky Siegie

• Citizen
  • 4839 posts
  • Faction::Unicron's Spawn

Posted 11 May 2015 - 06:13 PM

http://www.rebelscum...uter_164214.asp

Toy listings from a UK TRU.

At least Hasbro is doing A Falcon for the line, though I suspect it is some sort of reduced concept, smaller or less detailed that the old BMF (which was about $200 BEFORE some of the bigger price hikes).  Also interesting that the villain is getting his own Starfighter SKU.

Despite all the fuss, I'm really not seeing anything that says to me any 2.5" stuff, though I do see a LOT of what I suspect is 12" Titan/Hero centered.

Also interesting to see some figure SKUs being "environment specific", makes me suspect that this line will follow Hasbro's recent practices of fewer waves, so they are compensating with more SKUs to begin with.

Edited by Steevy Maximus, 11 May 2015 - 06:15 PM.

#423 Dake

Dake

Resident resident

• Supporter
  • 19580 posts

Posted 11 May 2015 - 06:29 PM

At this point I imagine it will be the classic Falcon with a square radar dish swapped onto it.

As for "villain" ship - I wonder if it will be the big Imperial-shuttle-style ship from the trailer. If it's the same size as the vintage shuttle that would probably put it at that price today.

Also, we knew we were getting a black series starfighter, but that price would have to be for something larger. I'd guess a BS X-wing which would need to be at least as big as the cheapo X-wing from last Christmas.

8ZSy6aw.jpg

#424 Steevy Maximus

Steevy Maximus

Snarky Siegie

• Citizen
  • 4839 posts

Posted 11 May 2015 - 08:47 PM

As far as the Falcon, I'm leaning towards either the Hero Series Falcon with a working cockpit and a few other figure features, or a smaller one akin to the Classic Kenner, though I strongly suspect Hasbro has invested in new tooling if they are (they potentially have 3 or more movies for this thing ;) )

The $125-ish dollar listing?  That's for the Hero version, which is the same name given to the non-figure compatible X-Wing and Millenium Falcon we saw last Christmas.  If it is Kylo Ren's ship, then it won't have any figure compatibility.  That or there's another big ship we haven't seen in any of the trailers.

Which villain listing are you talking about?

Also, i'm curious about Micro Machines given we've got Micro Machines, Titanium AND Mattel's Hot Wheel based stuff coming, most are about the same size and in same price ranges likely to cover a LOT of the same stuff.  That'll be interesting to look at.

#425 Dake

Dake

Resident resident

• Supporter
  • 19580 posts

Posted 12 May 2015 - 12:52 PM

As far as the Falcon, I'm leaning towards either the Hero Series Falcon with a working cockpit and a few other figure features, or a smaller one akin to the Classic Kenner, though I strongly suspect Hasbro has invested in new tooling if they are (they potentially have 3 or more movies for this thing ;) )

The $125-ish dollar listing?  That's for the Hero version, which is the same name given to the non-figure compatible X-Wing and Millenium Falcon we saw last Christmas.  If it is Kylo Ren's ship, then it won't have any figure compatibility.  That or there's another big ship we haven't seen in any of the trailers.

Which villain listing are you talking about?

Also, i'm curious about Micro Machines given we've got Micro Machines, Titanium AND Mattel's Hot Wheel based stuff coming, most are about the same size and in same price ranges likely to cover a LOT of the same stuff.  That'll be interesting to look at.

Honestly, I don't know what to make of the listings as far as the Falcon is concerned. 120 pounds is $188 US. Even allowing for a little extra markup, anything over a hundred bucks is way too high for any version of the Kenner Falcon, even with added electronics and paint like the POTF2 rerelease.

And then that other vehicle labeled "3.75 HERO" comes in at an even $200 US which is waaaay beyond what any of what we call "Hero" series vehicles are worth unless it's a four foot long Star Destroyer or something.

Micromachines are definitely smaller than Titaniums or Hot Wheels (assuming they stick to their old format) and I could get behind some nice three packs like they used to have. My main concern about new Tis or HW are the rehashing of ships we've seen many (many) times before. At this point I'm mostly interested in stuff that hasn't been made (which we'll at least have some new movie stuff), but hopefully they'll still explore the "Legacy" EU designs. I'd really like some more capital ships.

8ZSy6aw.jpg

#426 Steevy Maximus

Steevy Maximus

Snarky Siegie

• Citizen
  • 4839 posts

Posted 12 May 2015 - 02:29 PM

Honestly, I don't know what to make of the listings as far as the Falcon is concerned. 120 pounds is $188 US. Even allowing for a little extra markup, anything over a hundred bucks is way too high for any version of the Kenner Falcon, even with added electronics and paint like the POTF2 rerelease.

And then that other vehicle labeled "3.75 HERO" comes in at an even $200 US which is waaaay beyond what any of what we call "Hero" series vehicles are worth unless it's a four foot long Star Destroyer or something.

Micromachines are definitely smaller than Titaniums or Hot Wheels (assuming they stick to their old format) and I could get behind some nice three packs like they used to have. My main concern about new Tis or HW are the rehashing of ships we've seen many (many) times before. At this point I'm mostly interested in stuff that hasn't been made (which we'll at least have some new movie stuff), but hopefully they'll still explore the "Legacy" EU designs. I'd really like some more capital ships.

Keep in mind this is the UK, where Hasbro's stuff tends to be numerically the same as the US but with different currency labels.  Plus, being TRU, there's probably a 10-15% premium added to that (see the 6" Black listing), so any direct currency conversions are pointless (I REALLY doubt 6" Black series are suddenly going to cost $34.99).   Still doesn't help on the figure listings given TRU's history of overcharging on even the "cheap" figures.  Those (what I presume) single figure listings could well be 5 POA figures that run $5-6.99 everywhere else.

That makes the potential Falcon listing closer to $99.99-109.99, which is about in line with how prices have crept up on those higher items.  So I'm still leaning towards it being something close to the old Kenner Falcon in general size, but still all new tooling better tailoring the vehicle to the new film(s)

The "3.75 Hero Starship" baffles me as well: do they mean "hero" as in the product style, or "hero" as in the "they good guys"?  Wouldn't it be a trip if it ended up being an "almost there" rendition of the old Blockade Runner? :p

Guess I don't remember Micro Machines that well, I thought they were closer to Titanium in size.  Still be interesting to see how all these old mini-ship lines do all being out at the same time.

#427 Dake

Dake

Resident resident

• Supporter
  • 19580 posts

Posted 12 May 2015 - 05:05 PM

Ah, I don't think I realized they tended to just swap currency signs on the same numbers.

Yeah, in that case I'm back to seeing that as the Kenner Falcon again too.

The Micro Machines probably averaged half to two-thirds the size of the Titaniums (and were all plastic) but yeah, it will be interesting to see all these different versions of the same handful of ships.

Wouldn't it be a trip if it ended up being an "almost there" rendition of the old Blockade Runner?

I'd love one, but would definitely be surprised.

8ZSy6aw.jpg

#428 HellCat

HellCat

Opinionated idiot

• Citizen
  • 29103 posts

Posted 20 May 2015 - 05:04 AM

20150520_090330.jpg

#429 SwiftEagle

SwiftEagle
  • Citizen
  • 6341 posts

Posted 20 May 2015 - 03:09 PM

Nice. Very atmospheric. Though yeah, that hollow-backed seat-circle does kind of stand out.

(I want to see a hamster looming in through the far doorway.)

ASM
Tomorrow's nostalgia today!

#430 HellCat

HellCat

Opinionated idiot

• Citizen
  • 29103 posts

Posted 20 May 2015 - 03:16 PM

I'm looking into getting some filler so hopefully the seat will soon be a non issue :)

Sadly, I have lost a part. Tube that goes on the hull was so thin that when I cut it off it snapped and I've been so busy I lost one half :( Apparently the publisher does a limited amount of replacement parts for subscribers so hopefully I can get this sorted fairly easily.

But yeah, the size of that one room of the ship does hit you with how big the entire thing will be.

#431 Dake

Dake

Resident resident

• Supporter
  • 19580 posts

Posted 20 May 2015 - 06:44 PM

Not sure if it's everywhere, but most of the TRUs in my area got the new 3.75 Black wave in. Picked up a Rex, Doom and Wolff.

The downside is 3 of 4 Wolffs, 2 of 3 Rexes and 1 out of 2 Dooms all had lopsided or crooked paint apps on their helmets. I got the only good ones.

8ZSy6aw.jpg

#432 TSM-in-N.Y.

TSM-in-N.Y.

Enough Blood For You?

• Citizen
  • 4956 posts

Posted 20 May 2015 - 07:40 PM

I just need to find a Wolffe and a Imperial Navy Commander that I'm happy with and I'll be done with this wave.

Your friend, TSM-in-N.Y.

"But I like my pigtails, my Uncle says they're sexy!"

KEEP THE BEATS PHRESH YO! TSM-in-N.Y.

"To paraphrase the great M. Biehn in The Terminator, I don't misspell words, you do. Don't do that again. Listen and understand, I am out here. I can't be bargained with, I can't be reasoned with. I don't feel pity, or remorse, or fear and I absolutely will not stop, ever, until you are dead!" - TSM-in-N.Y.

"I personally believe that U.S. Americans are unable to do so because, uh, some people out there in our nation don't have maps, and, uh, I believe that our education, like such as in South Africa and the Iraq, everywhere, like, such as. And I believe that they should, our education over here in the U.S. should help the U.S., er, should help South Africa, and should help the Iraq and the Asian countries, so we will be able to build up our future for our children." Lauren Caitlin Upton - Miss South Carolina Teen USA 2007, answering a question on why 20 percent of Americans surveyed are unable to locate the U.S. on a world map.

#433 SwiftEagle

SwiftEagle
  • Citizen
  • 6341 posts

Posted 20 May 2015 - 10:01 PM

I am so out of the loop on these guys. I just got Chewie, Rex, Vader and Dutch from HTS -- I had no idea there was a whole other wave to track down now.

ASM
Tomorrow's nostalgia today!

#434 ZacWilliam1

ZacWilliam1
  • Citizen
  • 17718 posts
  • Faction::RIRFIB

Posted 22 May 2015 - 09:54 AM

Found Hera at Target this morning. Ghost crew complete!

-ZacWilliam, both Hera they had had kinda iffy messy facial paint but I took the best of the two and it's passable. On the downside one of her lekku is noticably shorter from the back. Looks like not quite enough plastic made it into the mold. Still it's decent enough and I'll right it off as an old battle injury.

Attached Thumbnails

• image.jpg

Ever wonder about the speed of Turbofoxes?
Or the proverbial ailerons of Titanium Moosebots?

*Visit the one and only Cybertronic Bestiary.
For a mechazoologic tour of the mechanimals of Cybertron.

#435 TSM-in-N.Y.

TSM-in-N.Y.

Enough Blood For You?

• Citizen
  • 4956 posts

Posted 22 May 2015 - 06:26 PM

So I got the INC yesterday and a nice example of Wolffe today thinking, "Great! I'm done with this wave.".

Then I get home and realize I still need a Vander.

DAMN IT!!!11one

Your friend, TSM-in-N.Y.

"What do you hunt with a knife like this?"

"To paraphrase the great M. Biehn in The Terminator, I don't misspell words, you do. Don't do that again. Listen and understand, I am out here. I can't be bargained with, I can't be reasoned with. I don't feel pity, or remorse, or fear and I absolutely will not stop, ever, until you are dead!" - TSM-in-N.Y.

"I personally believe that U.S. Americans are unable to do so because, uh, some people out there in our nation don't have maps, and, uh, I believe that our education, like such as in South Africa and the Iraq, everywhere, like, such as. And I believe that they should, our education over here in the U.S. should help the U.S., er, should help South Africa, and should help the Iraq and the Asian countries, so we will be able to build up our future for our children." Lauren Caitlin Upton - Miss South Carolina Teen USA 2007, answering a question on why 20 percent of Americans surveyed are unable to locate the U.S. on a world map.

#436 Dake

Dake

Resident resident

• Supporter
  • 19580 posts

Posted 22 May 2015 - 06:27 PM

Even if he is a named pilot it's hard to imagine Vander being hard to come by.

8ZSy6aw.jpg

#437 TSM-in-N.Y.

TSM-in-N.Y.

Enough Blood For You?

• Citizen
  • 4956 posts

Posted 22 May 2015 - 07:05 PM

That's true but he's only 1 per case.

In my travels I haven't seen him even once and Chewbacca I only found once and since it was a nice example I bought it.

Your friend, TSM-in-N.Y.

"Tell me, have you always been Asian?"

EDIT: Spelling 

Edited by TSM-in-N.Y., 23 May 2015 - 05:49 AM.

#438 Dake

Dake

Resident resident

• Supporter
  • 19580 posts

Posted 22 May 2015 - 07:26 PM

At least he's in the next case assortment too so you'll have more chances.

8ZSy6aw.jpg

#439 Darth_Prime

Darth_Prime
  • Citizen
  • 7760 posts
  • Faction::Dinobot

Posted 22 May 2015 - 11:29 PM

What's the deal with the price jump on the 3.75 black series figures on hts? I just collect the 6" and hoping they are not going up soon too.

#440 Dake

Dake

Resident resident

• Supporter
  • 19580 posts

Posted 22 May 2015 - 11:47 PM

HTS tends to stick to the high end of MSRP on new stuff (they can't appear to undercut the big retailers). You'll notice older Black 3.75s are 9.99 still. Even then you might come out ahead if Target is on one of their weird pricing rampages (14.99 for example?).

Edited by Dake, 22 May 2015 - 11:48 PM.

8ZSy6aw.jpg

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users