Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  Verno : (11 July 2020 - 11:20 PM)

2021: :idea :rolleyes :p :D

@  -LittleAutob... : (11 July 2020 - 06:20 PM)

Perfection. :thumbsup

@  Patch : (11 July 2020 - 06:17 PM)

My plans:  :hmm  2020:  :)

@  -LittleAutob... : (11 July 2020 - 06:02 PM)

Our plans for 2020 were as amazing as Optimus Prime. But then 2020 came like Hot Rod.

@  -LittleAutob... : (11 July 2020 - 05:50 PM)

Indeed....

@  Bass X0 : (11 July 2020 - 05:40 PM)

"He who dies with the most toys wins."

@  Rycochet : (11 July 2020 - 01:11 PM)

Hey you, get moving, it's not too far, you're looking good so come as you are. Hey you, you never know what you'll see, when it's through that door with the 73.

@  Rycochet : (11 July 2020 - 01:10 PM)

Hey you, get ready, get on your feet. Get into gear and hit the street.

@  Maximus Ambus : (11 July 2020 - 12:46 PM)

I recall number 73 (old british show) discussing the Transformers movie and had the presenters trying to transform a few figures, one argued his deflated beach ball was a Transformer too.

@  PlutoniumBoss : (11 July 2020 - 08:03 AM)

And he's a big ball, but he's not the biggest ball of them all. (That'll be Pulse Unicron.)

@  Maximus Ambus : (11 July 2020 - 07:37 AM)

Trypticon so scared my Primus figure he turned into a ball.

@  ▲ndrusi : (09 July 2020 - 09:56 PM)

King Nine, however, will not return.

@  Bass X0 : (09 July 2020 - 05:05 PM)

Bass_X0 will return after these messages ^^^

@  TheMightyMol... : (09 July 2020 - 03:37 PM)

WHATAMIFIGHTINGFOOOOOOOOARRGH

@  -LittleAutob... : (09 July 2020 - 02:06 PM)

Okay?

@  Otaku : (09 July 2020 - 07:47 AM)

@TheMightyMollusk Ah, but the series itself has pronounced "Bass" both ways. ;)  Oh, 90s English Capcom video game voice acting...

@  Maximus Ambus : (09 July 2020 - 03:14 AM)

Looking at my Titan Returns collection I can see they realised they didn't have to paint the Titan Masters after wave one, lazy bums.

@  Maruten : (08 July 2020 - 09:13 PM)

No, I'm going with "fish".

@  TheMightyMol... : (08 July 2020 - 04:19 PM)

He stated that it's in reference to the Mega Man character, so it follows the series' tradition of music names.

@  Cybersnark : (08 July 2020 - 03:59 PM)

The real question is if it's "bass" as in music or "bass" as in the fish.

@  Otaku : (08 July 2020 - 01:27 PM)

Well, at least now I know how to pronounce @Bass X0 's screen name. ^^'  Rather, I think I'd just forgotten.  In my defense, it really does look like an emoticon or maybe just "decoration", which is what a lot of folks add to their screen names online.  Usually because someone has the name they really want. XD

@  ▲ndrusi : (08 July 2020 - 01:27 PM)

Extremely unimpressed with your idea that someone making a negative observation you don't like means they "got triggered."

@  NotVeryKnightly : (08 July 2020 - 11:16 AM)

You know somebody asked "And this would be in relation to... what exactly?"

@  Bass X0 : (08 July 2020 - 11:15 AM)

Its because someone got triggered over my random musings instead of just ignoring them. If I read one of your comments that is of no relevance or interest to me, I don't feel the need to say so.

@  -LittleAutob... : (08 July 2020 - 10:56 AM)

All this over someone's username lol

@  ▲ndrusi : (08 July 2020 - 08:34 AM)

Bazro.

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (08 July 2020 - 06:34 AM)

It could be Bass 10-0

@  Nevermore : (08 July 2020 - 06:11 AM)

How do you pronounce yourself? "Bass Ex-O" or "Bass Ex-Zero"?

@  Bass X0 : (08 July 2020 - 03:23 AM)

I did almost go with Vile Bass X0, because Vile is cool too.

@  PlutoniumBoss : (07 July 2020 - 08:34 PM)

Bossk Saw

@  ▲ndrusi : (07 July 2020 - 04:16 PM)

Bass XD

@  Bass X0 : (07 July 2020 - 03:43 PM)

And its not Bass XO, its Bass X0, as in Bass, X and Zero from the Mega Man series.

@  -LittleAutob... : (07 July 2020 - 02:33 PM)

@Trpodeca :( :(

@  -LittleAutob... : (07 July 2020 - 02:32 PM)

Thats what a gray rock is? Then I'm not one.

@  Trpodeca : (07 July 2020 - 02:12 PM)

Man I just learnt about what seemed like a really cool show, only to realize it was a dream and it dosen't really exist.

@  Bass X0 : (07 July 2020 - 01:02 PM)

Just something I read that I wanted to share. I heard "gray rock" mentioned in a video, so I looked it up and that was the definition.

@  TheMightyMol... : (07 July 2020 - 12:20 PM)

It's a fancy way of saying "Ignore annoying people".

@  NotVeryKnightly : (07 July 2020 - 12:15 PM)

Bass XO has a habit of pasting random drivel here as if doing so were profound.

@  wonko the sane? : (07 July 2020 - 11:30 AM)

And this would be in relation to... what exactly?

@  Bass X0 : (07 July 2020 - 11:25 AM)

"One strategy for dealing with a narcissist or sociopath is to act like a "gray rock," meaning that you become uninteresting and unresponsive. You don't feed their needs for drama or attention. You don't show emotion, say anything interesting, or disclose any personal information"

@  Nevermore : (06 July 2020 - 07:23 PM)

Oh wow. Studio Series Offroad Bumblebee is awesome. His articulation is amazing.

@  -LittleAutob... : (06 July 2020 - 11:18 AM)

Oof-

@  Maximus Ambus : (05 July 2020 - 01:10 AM)

I got Studio Series 39 Cogman yesterday and woke up to find he'd decapitated my titans returns figures.

@  wonko the sane? : (04 July 2020 - 10:19 PM)

If I had a sarcasm powered mouth.. ooohh waaaiiittt...

@  -LittleAutob... : (04 July 2020 - 05:01 PM)

Heh

@  Bass X0 : (04 July 2020 - 02:56 PM)

"If I had sarcasm-powered legs, I'd do a happy dance...!"

@  TheMightyMol... : (04 July 2020 - 02:39 PM)

The real clones were the friends we made along the way.

@  Maximus Ambus : (04 July 2020 - 01:47 PM)

So the Emperor in episodes 1 through 6 was a clone?

@  ▲ndrusi : (04 July 2020 - 10:47 AM)

(And the 0th anniversary of the last time I couldn't do math.)

@  ▲ndrusi : (04 July 2020 - 10:46 AM)

Today is the 24th anniversary of the day we fought off an alien invasion with the help of Will Smith.

Photo
- - - - -

The Star Wars Toy Thread

2210 replies to this topic

#421 Eneon

Eneon
  • Citizen
  • 6166 posts
  • Faction::Maximal

Posted 11 May 2015 - 05:52 PM

Re-watching The Clone Wars with a friend and I'm really getting a hankering for 6 inch Black series figures of some of these designs.

Mostly clones and droids.

Edited by Silent_Magnus, 11 May 2015 - 05:52 PM.

#422 Steevy Maximus

Steevy Maximus

Snarky Siegie

• Citizen
  • 4918 posts
  • Faction::Unicron's Spawn

Posted 11 May 2015 - 06:13 PM

http://www.rebelscum...uter_164214.asp

Toy listings from a UK TRU.

At least Hasbro is doing A Falcon for the line, though I suspect it is some sort of reduced concept, smaller or less detailed that the old BMF (which was about $200 BEFORE some of the bigger price hikes).  Also interesting that the villain is getting his own Starfighter SKU.

Despite all the fuss, I'm really not seeing anything that says to me any 2.5" stuff, though I do see a LOT of what I suspect is 12" Titan/Hero centered.

Also interesting to see some figure SKUs being "environment specific", makes me suspect that this line will follow Hasbro's recent practices of fewer waves, so they are compensating with more SKUs to begin with.

Edited by Steevy Maximus, 11 May 2015 - 06:15 PM.

#423 Dake

Dake

Resident resident

• Supporter
  • 19657 posts

Posted 11 May 2015 - 06:29 PM

At this point I imagine it will be the classic Falcon with a square radar dish swapped onto it.

As for "villain" ship - I wonder if it will be the big Imperial-shuttle-style ship from the trailer. If it's the same size as the vintage shuttle that would probably put it at that price today.

Also, we knew we were getting a black series starfighter, but that price would have to be for something larger. I'd guess a BS X-wing which would need to be at least as big as the cheapo X-wing from last Christmas.

8ZSy6aw.jpg

#424 Steevy Maximus

Steevy Maximus

Snarky Siegie

• Citizen
  • 4918 posts

Posted 11 May 2015 - 08:47 PM

As far as the Falcon, I'm leaning towards either the Hero Series Falcon with a working cockpit and a few other figure features, or a smaller one akin to the Classic Kenner, though I strongly suspect Hasbro has invested in new tooling if they are (they potentially have 3 or more movies for this thing ;) )

The $125-ish dollar listing?  That's for the Hero version, which is the same name given to the non-figure compatible X-Wing and Millenium Falcon we saw last Christmas.  If it is Kylo Ren's ship, then it won't have any figure compatibility.  That or there's another big ship we haven't seen in any of the trailers.

Which villain listing are you talking about?

Also, i'm curious about Micro Machines given we've got Micro Machines, Titanium AND Mattel's Hot Wheel based stuff coming, most are about the same size and in same price ranges likely to cover a LOT of the same stuff.  That'll be interesting to look at.

#425 Dake

Dake

Resident resident

• Supporter
  • 19657 posts

Posted 12 May 2015 - 12:52 PM

As far as the Falcon, I'm leaning towards either the Hero Series Falcon with a working cockpit and a few other figure features, or a smaller one akin to the Classic Kenner, though I strongly suspect Hasbro has invested in new tooling if they are (they potentially have 3 or more movies for this thing ;) )

The $125-ish dollar listing?  That's for the Hero version, which is the same name given to the non-figure compatible X-Wing and Millenium Falcon we saw last Christmas.  If it is Kylo Ren's ship, then it won't have any figure compatibility.  That or there's another big ship we haven't seen in any of the trailers.

Which villain listing are you talking about?

Also, i'm curious about Micro Machines given we've got Micro Machines, Titanium AND Mattel's Hot Wheel based stuff coming, most are about the same size and in same price ranges likely to cover a LOT of the same stuff.  That'll be interesting to look at.

Honestly, I don't know what to make of the listings as far as the Falcon is concerned. 120 pounds is $188 US. Even allowing for a little extra markup, anything over a hundred bucks is way too high for any version of the Kenner Falcon, even with added electronics and paint like the POTF2 rerelease.

And then that other vehicle labeled "3.75 HERO" comes in at an even $200 US which is waaaay beyond what any of what we call "Hero" series vehicles are worth unless it's a four foot long Star Destroyer or something.

Micromachines are definitely smaller than Titaniums or Hot Wheels (assuming they stick to their old format) and I could get behind some nice three packs like they used to have. My main concern about new Tis or HW are the rehashing of ships we've seen many (many) times before. At this point I'm mostly interested in stuff that hasn't been made (which we'll at least have some new movie stuff), but hopefully they'll still explore the "Legacy" EU designs. I'd really like some more capital ships.

8ZSy6aw.jpg

#426 Steevy Maximus

Steevy Maximus

Snarky Siegie

• Citizen
  • 4918 posts

Posted 12 May 2015 - 02:29 PM

Honestly, I don't know what to make of the listings as far as the Falcon is concerned. 120 pounds is $188 US. Even allowing for a little extra markup, anything over a hundred bucks is way too high for any version of the Kenner Falcon, even with added electronics and paint like the POTF2 rerelease.

And then that other vehicle labeled "3.75 HERO" comes in at an even $200 US which is waaaay beyond what any of what we call "Hero" series vehicles are worth unless it's a four foot long Star Destroyer or something.

Micromachines are definitely smaller than Titaniums or Hot Wheels (assuming they stick to their old format) and I could get behind some nice three packs like they used to have. My main concern about new Tis or HW are the rehashing of ships we've seen many (many) times before. At this point I'm mostly interested in stuff that hasn't been made (which we'll at least have some new movie stuff), but hopefully they'll still explore the "Legacy" EU designs. I'd really like some more capital ships.

Keep in mind this is the UK, where Hasbro's stuff tends to be numerically the same as the US but with different currency labels.  Plus, being TRU, there's probably a 10-15% premium added to that (see the 6" Black listing), so any direct currency conversions are pointless (I REALLY doubt 6" Black series are suddenly going to cost $34.99).   Still doesn't help on the figure listings given TRU's history of overcharging on even the "cheap" figures.  Those (what I presume) single figure listings could well be 5 POA figures that run $5-6.99 everywhere else.

That makes the potential Falcon listing closer to $99.99-109.99, which is about in line with how prices have crept up on those higher items.  So I'm still leaning towards it being something close to the old Kenner Falcon in general size, but still all new tooling better tailoring the vehicle to the new film(s)

The "3.75 Hero Starship" baffles me as well: do they mean "hero" as in the product style, or "hero" as in the "they good guys"?  Wouldn't it be a trip if it ended up being an "almost there" rendition of the old Blockade Runner? :p

Guess I don't remember Micro Machines that well, I thought they were closer to Titanium in size.  Still be interesting to see how all these old mini-ship lines do all being out at the same time.

#427 Dake

Dake

Resident resident

• Supporter
  • 19657 posts

Posted 12 May 2015 - 05:05 PM

Ah, I don't think I realized they tended to just swap currency signs on the same numbers.

Yeah, in that case I'm back to seeing that as the Kenner Falcon again too.

The Micro Machines probably averaged half to two-thirds the size of the Titaniums (and were all plastic) but yeah, it will be interesting to see all these different versions of the same handful of ships.

Wouldn't it be a trip if it ended up being an "almost there" rendition of the old Blockade Runner?

I'd love one, but would definitely be surprised.

8ZSy6aw.jpg

#428 HellCat

HellCat

Opinionated idiot

• Citizen
  • 29176 posts

Posted 20 May 2015 - 05:04 AM

20150520_090330.jpg

#429 SwiftEagle

SwiftEagle
  • Citizen
  • 6344 posts

Posted 20 May 2015 - 03:09 PM

Nice. Very atmospheric. Though yeah, that hollow-backed seat-circle does kind of stand out.

(I want to see a hamster looming in through the far doorway.)

ASM
Tomorrow's nostalgia today!

#430 HellCat

HellCat

Opinionated idiot

• Citizen
  • 29176 posts

Posted 20 May 2015 - 03:16 PM

I'm looking into getting some filler so hopefully the seat will soon be a non issue :)

Sadly, I have lost a part. Tube that goes on the hull was so thin that when I cut it off it snapped and I've been so busy I lost one half :( Apparently the publisher does a limited amount of replacement parts for subscribers so hopefully I can get this sorted fairly easily.

But yeah, the size of that one room of the ship does hit you with how big the entire thing will be.

#431 Dake

Dake

Resident resident

• Supporter
  • 19657 posts

Posted 20 May 2015 - 06:44 PM

Not sure if it's everywhere, but most of the TRUs in my area got the new 3.75 Black wave in. Picked up a Rex, Doom and Wolff.

The downside is 3 of 4 Wolffs, 2 of 3 Rexes and 1 out of 2 Dooms all had lopsided or crooked paint apps on their helmets. I got the only good ones.

8ZSy6aw.jpg

#432 TSM-in-N.Y.

TSM-in-N.Y.

Enough Blood For You?

• Citizen
  • 4956 posts

Posted 20 May 2015 - 07:40 PM

I just need to find a Wolffe and a Imperial Navy Commander that I'm happy with and I'll be done with this wave.

Your friend, TSM-in-N.Y.

"But I like my pigtails, my Uncle says they're sexy!"

KEEP THE BEATS PHRESH YO! TSM-in-N.Y.

"To paraphrase the great M. Biehn in The Terminator, I don't misspell words, you do. Don't do that again. Listen and understand, I am out here. I can't be bargained with, I can't be reasoned with. I don't feel pity, or remorse, or fear and I absolutely will not stop, ever, until you are dead!" - TSM-in-N.Y.

"I personally believe that U.S. Americans are unable to do so because, uh, some people out there in our nation don't have maps, and, uh, I believe that our education, like such as in South Africa and the Iraq, everywhere, like, such as. And I believe that they should, our education over here in the U.S. should help the U.S., er, should help South Africa, and should help the Iraq and the Asian countries, so we will be able to build up our future for our children." Lauren Caitlin Upton - Miss South Carolina Teen USA 2007, answering a question on why 20 percent of Americans surveyed are unable to locate the U.S. on a world map.

#433 SwiftEagle

SwiftEagle
  • Citizen
  • 6344 posts

Posted 20 May 2015 - 10:01 PM

I am so out of the loop on these guys. I just got Chewie, Rex, Vader and Dutch from HTS -- I had no idea there was a whole other wave to track down now.

ASM
Tomorrow's nostalgia today!

#434 ZacWilliam1

ZacWilliam1
  • Citizen
  • 17827 posts
  • Faction::RIRFIB

Posted 22 May 2015 - 09:54 AM

Found Hera at Target this morning. Ghost crew complete!

-ZacWilliam, both Hera they had had kinda iffy messy facial paint but I took the best of the two and it's passable. On the downside one of her lekku is noticably shorter from the back. Looks like not quite enough plastic made it into the mold. Still it's decent enough and I'll right it off as an old battle injury.

Attached Thumbnails

• image.jpg

Ever wonder about the speed of Turbofoxes?
Or the proverbial ailerons of Titanium Moosebots?

*Visit the one and only Cybertronic Bestiary.
For a mechazoologic tour of the mechanimals of Cybertron.

#435 TSM-in-N.Y.

TSM-in-N.Y.

Enough Blood For You?

• Citizen
  • 4956 posts

Posted 22 May 2015 - 06:26 PM

So I got the INC yesterday and a nice example of Wolffe today thinking, "Great! I'm done with this wave.".

Then I get home and realize I still need a Vander.

DAMN IT!!!11one

Your friend, TSM-in-N.Y.

"What do you hunt with a knife like this?"

"To paraphrase the great M. Biehn in The Terminator, I don't misspell words, you do. Don't do that again. Listen and understand, I am out here. I can't be bargained with, I can't be reasoned with. I don't feel pity, or remorse, or fear and I absolutely will not stop, ever, until you are dead!" - TSM-in-N.Y.

"I personally believe that U.S. Americans are unable to do so because, uh, some people out there in our nation don't have maps, and, uh, I believe that our education, like such as in South Africa and the Iraq, everywhere, like, such as. And I believe that they should, our education over here in the U.S. should help the U.S., er, should help South Africa, and should help the Iraq and the Asian countries, so we will be able to build up our future for our children." Lauren Caitlin Upton - Miss South Carolina Teen USA 2007, answering a question on why 20 percent of Americans surveyed are unable to locate the U.S. on a world map.

#436 Dake

Dake

Resident resident

• Supporter
  • 19657 posts

Posted 22 May 2015 - 06:27 PM

Even if he is a named pilot it's hard to imagine Vander being hard to come by.

8ZSy6aw.jpg

#437 TSM-in-N.Y.

TSM-in-N.Y.

Enough Blood For You?

• Citizen
  • 4956 posts

Posted 22 May 2015 - 07:05 PM

That's true but he's only 1 per case.

In my travels I haven't seen him even once and Chewbacca I only found once and since it was a nice example I bought it.

Your friend, TSM-in-N.Y.

"Tell me, have you always been Asian?"

EDIT: Spelling 

Edited by TSM-in-N.Y., 23 May 2015 - 05:49 AM.

#438 Dake

Dake

Resident resident

• Supporter
  • 19657 posts

Posted 22 May 2015 - 07:26 PM

At least he's in the next case assortment too so you'll have more chances.

8ZSy6aw.jpg

#439 Darth_Prime

Darth_Prime
  • Citizen
  • 7801 posts
  • Faction::Dinobot

Posted 22 May 2015 - 11:29 PM

What's the deal with the price jump on the 3.75 black series figures on hts? I just collect the 6" and hoping they are not going up soon too.

#440 Dake

Dake

Resident resident

• Supporter
  • 19657 posts

Posted 22 May 2015 - 11:47 PM

HTS tends to stick to the high end of MSRP on new stuff (they can't appear to undercut the big retailers). You'll notice older Black 3.75s are 9.99 still. Even then you might come out ahead if Target is on one of their weird pricing rampages (14.99 for example?).

Edited by Dake, 22 May 2015 - 11:48 PM.

8ZSy6aw.jpg

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users