Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  Kalidor : (21 June 2021 - 04:50 PM)

Not just any girl - your mom!

@  Steevy Maximus : (20 June 2021 - 08:19 AM)

Happy Knocked-Up-A-Girl Day!

@  Bass X0 : (20 June 2021 - 02:13 AM)

Happy father's day!

@  Hot Rod Mustang : (19 June 2021 - 07:45 PM)

what up sluts?

@  TheMightyMol... : (19 June 2021 - 07:20 PM)

Only 6? Filthy casual.

@  wonko the sane? : (19 June 2021 - 04:26 PM)

Multiplaying as in "playing with other people" or multiplaying as in "6 WoW accounts running at the same time"?

@  Steevy Maximus : (19 June 2021 - 01:45 PM)

Oh no! Darkeklaw is multiplaying! (See birthday box)

@  tigerhawk : (19 June 2021 - 11:54 AM)

In my Marvel comic canon the second wave of special teams were handpicked active robots whose experience would theoretically make more stable combiners, the Combaticons came from Cybertron, the Protectobots were imprinted from crystals explaining both Onslauhghts ancestry and First Aid's experience.

@  Dekafox : (18 June 2021 - 05:24 PM)

Spotlight: Lioconvoy?

@  Bass X0 : (18 June 2021 - 04:15 PM)

How long until IDW puts out an Optimus Pride Month comic?

@  Cyoti : (18 June 2021 - 03:32 PM)

Even with B5, it didn't follow its original 5-year plan. Summaries from the supplementary materials for the scriptbooks demonstrates that was originally planned was very different from the actual product. Sinclair's actor's departure seemingly changed the show to the point that the stuff with the Vorlons/Shadows, the Minbari and the ending were all changed. Mapping out a show years in advance is difficult because of changing bts stuff like writers/actors leaving the show or suddenly having to retool because of ratings/execs. No plan survives intact especially in a chaotic environment of television production.

@  Rycochet : (18 June 2021 - 11:27 AM)

To be like Babylon 5, you need to cram a 2 season story arc into one because you fear being cancelled, then get further seasons you have no more material for. You also need a spinoff which the network heads don't want and do everything in their power to kill it while it's on air.

@  wonko the sane? : (18 June 2021 - 10:33 AM)

The required effort is probably why we don't have babylon 6; TNG.

@  Dekafox : (18 June 2021 - 10:23 AM)

Everyone wants to be like Babylon 5 but no one wants to put in the effort

@  Nevermore : (18 June 2021 - 09:36 AM)

And then, after five years of hosting their own official podcast where they would answer fan questions and always encouraged their audience to pay attention to the mysteries, after the show had ended, they claimed the show was never really about the mysteries, it was all about the characters.

@  Nevermore : (18 June 2021 - 09:34 AM)

What really bugs me with "Lost" is that the producers had willfully negotiated a set end date with the network halfway through season 3 (the show ended with season 6, as planned) specifically so they could plan out the plot for the remainder of the show. Then... the plot wasn't resolved properly.

@  tigerhawk : (18 June 2021 - 04:17 AM)

By then I had lost interest in arc TV shows, I followed a few and got the impression they were just making them up as they went along. Seemed to be a trend starting with new Galactica and Lost though in actuality began with The X Files and has become a trope called 'The Chris Carter Effect'.

@  Nevermore : (18 June 2021 - 02:12 AM)

I think it was season 3 part 1 specifically, since they had two separate plot "arcs" for season 3.

@  Nevermore : (18 June 2021 - 02:11 AM)

They threw everything in there, with no clear story structure, no clear stakes, and characters flip-flopping wherever the episode's writer needed them to go for their half-baked plot.

@  Nevermore : (18 June 2021 - 02:10 AM)

Season 3 was the worst, with a terrible meandering random events plot.

@  tigerhawk : (17 June 2021 - 11:59 PM)

'save the cheerleader' then in season 3 he tears her skull open, scans her power and she simply heals. They didn't think any of it through.

@  Shockwave 75 : (17 June 2021 - 07:04 PM)

Well, you know Hollywood; if something's popular, run it into the ground!

@  Cybersnark : (17 June 2021 - 04:40 PM)

And then there was the Writers' Strike, which isn't the show's fault.

@  Cybersnark : (17 June 2021 - 04:40 PM)

Yeah, Sylar should've been, if not killed off, at least left to rest.

@  Nevermore : (17 June 2021 - 03:43 PM)

It never truly recovered from that.

@  Nevermore : (17 June 2021 - 03:43 PM)

Season 1 was good until the finale.

@  Paladin : (17 June 2021 - 09:37 AM)

because it sucked.

@  tigerhawk : (17 June 2021 - 08:58 AM)

Heroes was cancelled twice.

@  Nevermore : (17 June 2021 - 06:33 AM)

The song's official name is "Holding Out for a Hero".

@  PlutoniumBoss : (17 June 2021 - 12:54 AM)

That's a long time to wait for a sandwich.

@  Maruten : (16 June 2021 - 07:13 PM)

Lucky there's a hero arriving in July.

@  Steevy Maximus : (16 June 2021 - 05:38 PM)

I think I've heard "I Need a Hero" more times this past week than I have in the past several years.

@  tigerhawk : (16 June 2021 - 12:41 PM)

Thanks to Earthrise I can recreate the end of Return of Optimus Prime part 1.

@  wonko the sane? : (16 June 2021 - 11:19 AM)

I wish they would do something like that here: but then it would become obvious in which provinces you're getting gouged.

@  Nevermore : (16 June 2021 - 10:42 AM)

Here in Germany, the price you see is the price you pay, tax included.

@  Nevermore : (16 June 2021 - 10:42 AM)

I always find it weaird hearing that stores in the US don't initially already taxes in their prices.

@  Nevermore : (16 June 2021 - 04:33 AM)

You know what's kewl? Poor literacy.

@  wonko the sane? : (15 June 2021 - 04:31 PM)

Awesome, thanks for the heads up.

@  CORVUS : (15 June 2021 - 04:12 PM)

Kewl. Thanks!

@  Kalidor : (15 June 2021 - 02:08 PM)

Hey everybody! I wanted to announce that Sarahthecutevixen is our newest addition to the Allspark staff. She's primarily looking over discord stuff, but I wanted to make sure she got a welcome over here as well.

@  NovaSaber : (14 June 2021 - 11:07 AM)

Turn-Bass RPG

@  Sabrblade : (14 June 2021 - 10:21 AM)

Do not X0 quietly into the night.

@  ▲ndrusi : (14 June 2021 - 10:13 AM)

All your Bass are--

@  Donocropolis : (14 June 2021 - 05:56 AM)

*Bass X0 not available in Alaska or Hawaii.

@  Steevy Maximus : (13 June 2021 - 07:36 PM)

Get your own Big Mouth BassX0 for the low price of $19.95 (plusshippingandhandling)

@  repowers : (13 June 2021 - 12:45 PM)

Mr. Speaker, we are for the Bass X0.

@  Nevermore : (13 June 2021 - 06:04 AM)

It's all about that Bass XD.

@  tigerhawk : (13 June 2021 - 02:16 AM)

Will altering the moons orbit in any way help.

@  PlutoniumBoss : (13 June 2021 - 01:51 AM)

Now that you have seen this Bass XO, you must send it to five other Bass XOs or BassXO will come to you in a week and then you too will be BassXO.

@  Telly : (13 June 2021 - 12:08 AM)

or feed him after midnight

Photo
* * * * * 2 votes

Personal Canon Theater

1816 replies to this topic

#1801 LordGigaIce

LordGigaIce

See if you can take the power of justice!

• Retired Staff
  • 2542 posts
  • Faction::RIBFIR

Posted 11 April 2021 - 08:22 PM

I just realized...

Arcee is Rattrap's great-aunt.
Arcee is also Galvatron's sister.
Galvatron is Rattrap's grandpa.

B3v0h0W.png

#1802 Shadewing

Shadewing

Artichoke of Misery

• Supporter
  • 37426 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 11 April 2021 - 08:34 PM

On the topic of being related to Arcee; I've always felt that She and Blurr are siblings.

3DS Friend Code: 0387-9040-3532

Twitch Channel

Youtube Replays

VOTE for what I play on 8/30!

Friday: Sonic Generations - Sunday: Transformers WFC - Tuesday: Little Inferno

#1803 Sabrblade

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase

• Citizen
  • 32562 posts
  • Faction::Maximal

Posted 11 April 2021 - 08:52 PM

New headcanon, the Beast Wars: Uprising version of the Jointrons are basically the Cybertronian version of The Three Caballeros, with Tripledacus speaking with a Donald Duck voice.

"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"
QUOTE(Bass X0 @ Aug 17 2013, 08:20 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think the concept of being educated and being able to educate is something that more people need more of in their lives.

No, we don't all know everything but we should spread and share that what we do know.

If I'm consistently misspelling a word, I would want and expect people to correct me as should I imagine all decent people who know the value of good literacy.

Its just arrogant laziness to know you're spelling a word incorrectly and not correct yourself or ignore the advice when people do tell you how to spell a word correctly.

#1804 LordGigaIce

LordGigaIce

See if you can take the power of justice!

• Retired Staff
  • 2542 posts
  • Faction::RIBFIR

Posted 11 April 2021 - 08:58 PM

On the topic of being related to Arcee; I've always felt that She and Blurr are siblings.

Damn that makes too much sense.

Ok. Arcee is the oldest. Blurr is the youngest. Galvatron is the middle child. Which explains the edginess.

B3v0h0W.png

#1805 Sabrblade

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase

• Citizen
  • 32562 posts

Posted 15 April 2021 - 11:21 AM

This just hit me last night as I was working on Car Robots history on the Wiki.

I finally figured out why Fire Convoy's Cybertrons uses the old Autobot symbol instead of the Maximal symbol, while Gigatron's Destrongers use the Predacon symbol, if they're all supposed to be time travelers hailing from a future set around the time of Beast Wars Neo.

First of all, Fire Convoy and his team are supposed to be a Dimensional Patrol, apparently keeping watch over time and space to protect it from anomalies and such (guess they sure missed the Beast Wars somehow... unless it was the Beast Wars that prompted the formation of this team in the first place, but I digress). Based on how we see them operate in the cartoon, they have a lot of formalities and protocols that they follow, and as such, preserving history is likely one of them. The show takes place in the year 2000, which is when the Cybertrons native to that time are still using the old Autobot symbol. Thus, the Dimensional Patrol would want to blend into that time period as best they could, by not only adopting Earth vehicle modes (which were commonplace among Transformers stationed on Earth at the time) but also adopting the insignia of that era, that being the Autobot symbol.

Whereas the Destrongers have no such qualms about interfering with history or not wearing the old Decepticon symbol of the 2000-era Destrons. They're here to muck around with history anyway (Gigatron's whole agenda is to change his fate and that the whole Cybertronian race, even), so they not only keep their beast modes (which Beast Wars Neo established as being a common thing on Cybertron) but also their Predacon symbols.

Plus, Beast Machines hadn't come out in Japan yet, so they wouldn't have known about "the Great Upgrade from Autobot to Maximal" that was first mentioned in that series. To Takara at the time, Cybertrons are Cybertrons and Destrons are Destrons, regardless of the change in symbol. And it's not like there still weren't vehicular characters around in the future of the Japanese Beast Era. The Destrons of Beast Wars Second scanned vehicle modes at first while still using the Predacon symbol, so Fire Convoy's team probably adapted their insignia to better reflect the time period they were traveling to.

Alternatively, if one really wants to think of the Dimensional Patrol as having always been Autobots and never Maximals (as my above explanation implies), then another way to look at it would be to think of them as Autobots who simply never underwent the Great Upgrade. In the Beast Wars episode "Other Visits (Part 2)", Megatron subtly alluded to the idea that some Autobots do still exist on Cybertron when he says "In time, I will destroy them [the Vok aliens] as I will your precious Maximals, and the Autobots too!" When he said this, he was intent on returning to Cybertron immediately, with the Metal Hunter as his new vessel of conquest.

By this point in the series, he knows full well about the Ark's existence on Earth, but he's keen to leave it all behind and go back to Cybertron right away now that he has a new toy to play with. Thus, unless he was planning to make a return trip back to the past to deal with the Ark at a later point (which would be pointless since his plan was to conquer Cybertron with the Metal Hunter in the future, giving him no reason to come back to Prehistoric Earth), his line about the Autobots only makes sense if it means that there are still some of them around on Maximal era Cybertron.

With that in mind, the few Autobots still in existence could have continued their race's existence long enough in the future (following the Great Transformation at the end of Beast Machines) for Fire Convoy's Dimensional Patrol to be formed from some of these later-generation Autobots, with Vector Sigma still making them alongside the contemporaneous Maximals and Predacons of that era.

Edited by Sabrblade, 15 April 2021 - 11:23 AM.

I think the concept of being educated and being able to educate is something that more people need more of in their lives.

No, we don't all know everything but we should spread and share that what we do know.

If I'm consistently misspelling a word, I would want and expect people to correct me as should I imagine all decent people who know the value of good literacy.

Its just arrogant laziness to know you're spelling a word incorrectly and not correct yourself or ignore the advice when people do tell you how to spell a word correctly.

#1806 Superomegaprime

Superomegaprime
  • Citizen
  • 4677 posts

Posted 15 April 2021 - 05:21 PM

Something I came up with in regards to the character of Eilta 1, before the war, her alt mode was a car but during the war, she found it frustating and limiting her abiity to fight, thus under goes a upgrade with a new alt mode to a jet and she now packing some muscle in her body, yet she unknowningly taken a body that becomes the centre of a combiner until a day when in the middle of a battle, she and four other bots merge because of her emotional state of the time, wanting to protect her friends and take down the cons

36428543702_ff3b1fc457_m.jpg

#1807 Sabrblade

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase

• Citizen
  • 32562 posts

Posted 29 April 2021 - 11:36 PM

The "old realms" that Unicron ate before the present universe came into existence in the Marvel Comics looked like the fluorescent artwork for TFTM by Floro Dery.

ZedJgRA.jpg

#1808 Platypus Prime

Platypus Prime
  • Citizen
  • 3146 posts
  • Faction::Unicron's Spawn

Posted 30 April 2021 - 07:51 AM

Oh, yeah, I remember that universe.  The Beatles filmed Yellow Submarine there.  Unicron thought he was the Beast Planet for two solid days after he ate that place...kept screaming about wanting to fight the Death Star or something...

#1809 Superomegaprime

Superomegaprime
  • Citizen
  • 4677 posts

Posted 30 April 2021 - 10:52 AM

The "old realms" that Unicron ate before the present universe came into existence in the Marvel Comics looked like the fluorescent artwork for TFTM by Floro Dery.

ZedJgRA.jpg

That looks strange yet totally awesome!

I came up with a little bit of head cannon for the Scattered glass characters, yesterday, its so that they can be in my primary universe and have a desent excuse for why they are there, what I have in mind is that Unicron is pretty much evil regardless of the universe but in a bid to stop him, the Heroic Decepticons plan to scrafice one of Cybertron's colony worlds to try and blow him up from the inside out, using a powerful weapon created by Shockwave but the evil Optimus learns of this and has plans of his own, to prevent the leader of his enemies from escaping, he has the space bridge sabotage along with the Decepticons weapon, which results in a massive rift between reailties and it engulfs both ends of the Space bridge and the evil Autobots and heroic Decepticons are pulled into another universe where Optimus is good and Megatron is evil, thus the two sides are stranded in this alterative universe and contuine to fight their war but now things are far more complex because neither side knows beyond the group with them, who is on their side and who not because of the fact the factions are switched around and the rift contuines to pull bots from the other side into this alterative universe as it slowly closes

36428543702_ff3b1fc457_m.jpg

#1810 Sabrblade

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase

• Citizen
  • 32562 posts

Posted 03 May 2021 - 04:13 PM

Been going over some old toy bios from 2000 and have come to realize a new headcanon pertaining to both the Beast Machines cartoon and the 3H Wreckers comics.

About halfway through season 1 of Beast Machines, Optimus Primal is misled by one of the Oracle's visions into thinking that his mission is to restore Cybertron to its original organic state and free it from its current metallic nature. By the start of Season 2, he realizes this mistake and changes his ways to fight for a balance between the organic and the mechanical.

However, in the toy bios for the four Mutant Beast Wars toys, their goal for Cybertron given to them by the Oracle is indeed stated to be a "total organic existence", as mentioned in Razor Claw's bio. Icebird's bio even outright states that he believes his mission is "to nullify technology completely and evolve into a purely organic existence." That... is completely wrong, it's the wrong message that Optimus got from misinterpreting one of the Oracle's visions in the show. And yet, it's written in plain ink as what the Oracle tasked the Mutants with achieving.

This all brings me back to the 3H Wreckers comics, in which the Oracle is revealed to be a Quintesson creation used to lead its followers astray during the events of Beast Machines and make Cybertron weak and ripe for conquest. That in and of itself feels at odds with the cartoon's depiction of the Oracle feeling genuine and sincere. Of course, people took this as if to say the writers of the comics were bashing Beast Machines and its decision to reformat Cybertron into a technorganic world, and were using the comics to "fix" Beast Machines's bad idea. However, that's not my takeaway of it.

I see the Quintesson angle as an interesting one, and actually don't see it as trying to ruin Beast Machines, but rather as merely throwing a spanner in the works that the Wreckers themselves have to fix. In fact, when the Oracle is seen active and giving its orders to the Wreckers, Dinobots, and Mutants (later revealed to be fake orders from the Quints and Cryotek), I see that whole scene as a sign that something is very wrong with the Oracle since it happens during a time in the show when the Oracle's underground chamber has gone completely inactive due to the Oracle having secretly downloaded itself into Optimus Primal. To see it up and active at all is a sign that the Oracle seen in the comic isn't the real Oracle, but a fake one, a ploy that only works if the real one was itself a Quintesson construct in the first place.

Yet, even with the idea that the Oracle seen in that comic was a fake one, Cryotek and the Quints still treat the one from the show as though it had been theirs all along and that they did at some point previously use it to send some kind of orders to Optimus Primal.

So, to reconcile all of these discrepancies, here is what I've got:

1. The Oracle was indeed created by the Quintessons like the comic says, but after they were kicked off of Cybertron in the distant past, the Oracle came into Primus's possession
  2. All but two of the visions sent to Optimus Primal by the Oracle in the cartoon were genuinely from Primus and the Matrix. The two that weren't were the fake one sent to him by Tankor (as seen in Episode 13), and the haunting one he witnessed in Episode 9 that led to his misinterpretation of the Oracle's mission.
  3. The latter vision from Episode 9 is the one that the Quintessons sent him, as they wanted him to think that Cybertron needed to be made purely organic again. After all, this one vision is the most unlike any of the others in the show, being overtly aggressive and frightening. And if Tankor could tamper with the Oracle and use it to send Primal a bad vision, then so too could the Quints.
  4. Likewise, when the Oracle gave the Mutants their own mission (offscreen, described only in their toy bios), it too was the Quints telling them to turn Cybertron into a vegetable; the Mutants never got the real mission from the Matrix that Optimus later realized
  5. The scene of the Oracle assigning new missions to the Dinobots, Mutants, and Wreckers in The Wrecker #1 was also the Quints and Cryotek, having forcibly reactivated the Oracle in its chamber at a point when it was supposed to be inside Optimus Primal, meaning that this was a false Oracle
  6. And finally, the Great Transformation into a technorganic world was always the intended future for Cybertron that Primus wanted. He simply let the Quints interfere so as to also manipulate them along the way. The Quints thought the plant-like state would make Cybertron easy picking, but Primus ensured that the newly-technorganic Maximals would be more than a match for the invaders.

Edited by Sabrblade, 03 May 2021 - 11:09 PM.

#1811 Gizmoboy

Gizmoboy

I live to serve

• Administrator
  • 10783 posts
  • Faction::Decepticon

Posted 03 May 2021 - 08:24 PM

Wow, that is a cool explanation.  Fun! :)

#1812 lightsyder

lightsyder
  • Citizen
  • 1322 posts

Posted 03 May 2021 - 09:25 PM

I still love the post BMs era of fiction. Those stories were some of the first I tracked down once I started collecting. Great read Sabrblade!

#1813 Sabrblade

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase

• Citizen
  • 32562 posts

Posted 03 May 2021 - 11:13 PM

Wow, that is a cool explanation.  Fun! :)

I still love the post BMs era of fiction. Those stories were some of the first I tracked down once I started collecting. Great read Sabrblade!

It's nice to see that I'm not alone in appreciating these stories. IMHO, the only really bad stuff in them was making Daniel a grim-n-gritty teen who gets killed off with Wheelie, and the unlikable angry Arcee we get in Issue #1 (she thankfully lightens up in the later chapters).

#1814 lightsyder

lightsyder
  • Citizen
  • 1322 posts

Posted 04 May 2021 - 08:07 AM

Yeah, could have done without that stuff.

#1815 Sabrblade

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase

• Citizen
  • 32562 posts

Posted 05 May 2021 - 12:14 AM

Slight amendments to some of the things I wrote before:

All but two of the visions sent to Optimus Primal by the Oracle in the cartoon were genuinely from Primus and the Matrix. The two that weren't were the fake one sent to him by Tankor (as seen in Episode 13), and the haunting one he witnessed in Episode 9 that led to his misinterpretation of the Oracle's mission.

The latter vision from Episode 9 is the one that the Quintessons sent him, as they wanted him to think that Cybertron needed to be made purely organic again. After all, this one vision is the most unlike any of the others in the show, being overtly aggressive and frightening. And if Tankor could tamper with the Oracle and use it to send Primal a bad vision, then so too could the Quints.

After double-checking, the Wreckers finale prose story mentions that the Quints sent "messages" plural through the Oracle, more than one vision. So, in addition to the one Optimus got from the Oracle in Episode 9, another one he received in Episode 8 was also from the Quints, as that one was also unnerving. Which... I guess also means that every vision he received from the Oracle in the cartoon was from the Quints after all since it was only in those two episodes that he receives any and all Oracle visions that weren't created by either Tankor or Megatron (the latter of whom I just remembered had also sent Optimus a fake Oracle vision in Episode 21, adding more fuel for the idea that the Quints could indeed tamper with the Oracle).

BUT, since we know that Primus did want the Great Transformation to happen, and since the vision in Episode 8 also showed a serene glimpse at Cybertron's organic past (before it suddenly turns dark and disturbing), I'll just say that Primus also had a subtle hand in crafting that vision, unbeknownst to the Quints. And if we want, we could say the same about Episode 9's vision since it too starts out nice before suddenly going dark and foreboding.

Likewise, when the Oracle gave the Mutants their own mission (offscreen, described only in their toy bios), it too was the Quints telling them to turn Cybertron into a vegetable; the Mutants never got the real mission from the Matrix that Optimus later realized

This could go either way, with it being the Quints or Primus (or both) behind the Oracle in this case. BUT, I was wrong in thinking that the Quints wanted Cybertron turned organic; the comic and prose story do indeed show that they wanted the planet made technorganic like Primus did. So, the correction here is that the Mutants weren't told to make Cybertron purely organic but that they simply misinterpreted the meaning of the Oracle's message, just like Optimus did at first, but unlike Optimus, they never do learn the error of their ways.

#1816 Sabrblade

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase

• Citizen
  • 32562 posts

Posted 17 May 2021 - 06:20 PM

Here's a pretty crazy idea so out-there that some might consider it a crack theory.

Over the years, there have been a rather vocal amount of fans insisting that, because Hasbro acquired Tonka, the GoBots should automatically and retroactively be considered part of the Transformers brand despite the fact that they were originally the chief rival property of Transformers back in the 1980s.

My little idea is similar to this insistence, but for a completely different rival property that Hasbro/Takara has not acquired: DinoZaurs.

Created by Bandai in 1998, DinoZaurs (or DinoZone, as it was known in Japan) was a direct rival to the Beast Wars toylines, featuring toys of dinosaurs and other prehistoric animals that could transform into humanoid warrior forms.

Now, to be clear, this isn't something I genuinely think should happen. The GoBots fans analogy was just to give an illustration of what this idea is like, only minus the "GoBots IS part of Transformers!" craziness. My idea is something I've come up with just for fun.

Cutting to the chase, my idea is this: The DinoZaurs anime (or, more specifically, its Japanese-language version) could theoretically fit into the giant Japanese G1 Transformers timeline if it were to be placed during the year its toyline first came out in Japan, 1998.

This would place it during that little gap between The Battle of the Star Gate (which is set in the mid-1990s) and Car Robots (2000). The former already explains why there are no G1 Transformers on Earth anymore during Car Robots, while placing DinoZaurs ends with all of its heroes and villains, for intents and purposes, either dead or defeated for good (with any survivors departing from Earth into outer space), allowing DinoZaurs to slot in before Fire Convoy and Gigatron's teams arrive in Car Robots two years later.

Though, it's been a while since I last watched DinoZaurs, so I'm not entirely sure if its events span just one year or two. If the latter, then it can still fit since it would end in 1999, still one year before Car Robots.

What's more, the series often referenced an original battle between the Dino Knights and the Dragozaurs (or Dinosoldiers and Death Eaters in the Japanese version) that happened 65 million years ago, which in the Japanese G1 timeline would have occurred 63 million years before the Ark crash-landed on Earth 4 million years ago, and 63 million years before the Beast Wars happen 3 million years ago.

The only real caveat to this is that the Lifeforce (or Life Spirit in the Japanese version) of the Earth that the Dino Knights and Dragozaurs fought over would have to be retconned as being Gaia Energy, the sacred life energy of the Earth that was imbued with Angolmois Energy by Primus. Of course, the Lifeforce/Gaia Energy wouldn't have had the Angolmois Energy inside of it 65 million years ago since Primus didn't put it there until some point after the Beast Wars, but the Angolmois Energy would be inside of it during the present day events of the series, which would provide an explanation for the sort of magical properties that the Lifeforce had in DinoZaurs.

And, the Lifeforce's ability to be used for great good or great evil matches up with how the same was true of Angolmois Energy in Beast Wars II and with how the Selects manga recently revealed Angolmois Energy to be the energy of not just Unicron but also Primus, as there are both good and evil variants of the stuff. Thus, the energy of the Dino Daggers that the human teens Kaito, Rena, and Rick use to recharge the Dino Knights would be energized Gaia Energy filled with good Angolmois Energy.

Now, this isn't to say that I'd be making the Dino Knights and Dragozaurs Cybertronian in origin. No, I'd keep the Dino Knights' origin as Earth-born dinosaurs changed into Dino Knights by the "Power of the Ancients" (or by the "Earth Crystal" in the Japanese version), and the Dragozaurs as alien invaders from space who took on the appearance of dinosaurs, dragons, and bats. Those DinoZaurs-original concepts can remain as they are so as to not force them into being something they were never meant to be. Plus, it allows there to be more giant transforming beings in this universe besides Cybertronian Transformers. This only makes them just tangentially related, rather than directly related, by virtue of them all sharing the same universe and a common power source, but nothing else beyond that.

#1817 ▲ndrusi

▲ndrusi

Praise be to Stakeout.

• Supporter
  • 27991 posts
  • Faction::Autobot

Posted 18 May 2021 - 10:02 AM

New headcanon, the Beast Wars: Uprising version of the Jointrons are basically the Cybertronian version of The Three Caballeros, with Tripledacus speaking with a Donald Duck voice.

Tripleduckus

Over the years, there have been a rather vocal amount of fans insisting that, because Hasbro acquired Tonka, the GoBots should automatically and retroactively be considered part of the Transformers brand despite the fact that they were originally the chief rival property of Transformers back in the 1980s.

You say "despite the fact that," others say "because."

Edited by ▲ndrusi, 18 May 2021 - 10:02 AM.

Yes I know it's broken. It's an HTTPS thing and I haven't gotten around to dealing with it yet.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users