Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  wonko the sane? : (14 December 2019 - 05:51 PM)

Nope. Forgot entirely, had to make another trip.

@  TheMightyMol... : (14 December 2019 - 04:04 PM)

Well, did you get water?

@  wonko the sane? : (14 December 2019 - 01:56 PM)

Went to the bathroom, shaved, baked a cake... wait, I only got up to get some water...

@  unluckiness : (14 December 2019 - 09:01 AM)

That's a common misconception. You see compared to the first run, it's a new mold.

@  PlutoniumBoss : (14 December 2019 - 03:27 AM)

Wouldn't that just add packaging authenticity? :D

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (14 December 2019 - 01:44 AM)

I read a anecdote of someone recently receiving a Glacialord with mold because apparently online stores' warehouses have been sitting on Fansproject products like that for years.

@  Rycochet : (13 December 2019 - 11:56 AM)

Unlike many of his peers, Morton diesn't seem to have gone out of his way to try and take every drug going so he's aged remarkably well.

@  Donocropolis : (13 December 2019 - 11:39 AM)

Doesn't seem to have been a market for it, which is too bad, because it perfectly does what it sets out to do.

@  Donocropolis : (13 December 2019 - 11:38 AM)

Just opened it and suddenly I'm 9 years old again.

@  Donocropolis : (13 December 2019 - 11:38 AM)

Bought myself Fansproject Glacialord for my birthday during their Black Friday sale.

@  Nevermore : (12 December 2019 - 07:45 PM)

Morten Harket of A-ha might have aged 35 years on the outside, but his voice is still pretty much the same as it was in 1984. That's some great training and exercise for you.

@  wonko the sane? : (12 December 2019 - 06:59 PM)

Depends entirely on how badly you cooked them. What?

@  TheMightyMol... : (12 December 2019 - 05:33 PM)

Can it raise the dead?

@  RichardT1977 : (12 December 2019 - 05:33 PM)

Cheddar can do just about anything.

@  RichardT1977 : (12 December 2019 - 05:32 PM)

Cream cheese has to be on a bagel or crackers.

@  RichardT1977 : (12 December 2019 - 05:31 PM)

(for example: I like Swiss cheese on sandwiches, but find it merely tolerable by itself)

@  RichardT1977 : (12 December 2019 - 05:30 PM)

I mean are you eating it by itself? With crackers? On a sandwich?

@  TheMightyMol... : (12 December 2019 - 04:48 PM)

I would ask, but I'd rather not know.

@  PlutoniumBoss : (12 December 2019 - 03:38 PM)

With my mouth, usually.

@  RichardT1977 : (12 December 2019 - 08:48 AM)

Depends on how you're eating it.

@  PlutoniumBoss : (12 December 2019 - 01:40 AM)

Havarti, without a doubt.

@  Greebtron : (12 December 2019 - 01:28 AM)

Not Don, thanks. I'd like a writer who actually cares enough to do the job properly

@  Benbot : (11 December 2019 - 09:34 PM)

What's your favorite cheese? I'm not sure, but it's hard to beat muenster.

@  Maximus Ambus : (11 December 2019 - 05:10 PM)

Man I wish IDW could do a season 2.5 with a few writers like Michael Charles Hill or Donald F Glut or Paul Davids involved.

@  TheMightyMol... : (11 December 2019 - 04:33 PM)

They were looking for Skids, but the animators forgot he existed again.

@  Maximus Ambus : (11 December 2019 - 02:58 PM)

He regrouped with Omega Supreme, the Dinobots, Skyfire and the Protectobots.

@  Benbot : (11 December 2019 - 08:20 AM)

Did he get infected with the rest of the Autobots or did he smartly remain off-planet?

@  TheMightyMol... : (11 December 2019 - 05:38 AM)

He really just went to the beach for a couple of days, then called it in. Who's gonna follow up on it?

@  Maximus Ambus : (11 December 2019 - 05:05 AM)

Anyone really believe Cosmos searched far enough for more ingredient for Corrostop?

@  Nevermore : (11 December 2019 - 03:48 AM)

Oh, we are pretty good at "forgetting" about that. Insisting on sending people home on their overtime, THEN suddenly rushing to do the "backlog" stuff when it's really overdue.

@  wonko the sane? : (10 December 2019 - 05:43 PM)

I've yet to find an organization which didn't have a backlog of "stuff" that needs to be done, but isn't important enough to put on the schedule proper.

@  TM2-Megatron : (10 December 2019 - 05:01 PM)

I'm sure most good/bad (depending on your POV) bosses would be able to find something for the worker to do, in most cases, even if it's spending 8 hours pretending to push a broom around

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (10 December 2019 - 04:39 PM)

Still better than American jobs. x.x;

@  NotVeryKnightly : (10 December 2019 - 11:10 AM)

I'm pretty sure you've already mentioned this before. Especially that last one.

@  Nevermore : (10 December 2019 - 11:05 AM)

That can be fun if you're strong-willed enough. "Hey, you want to go home? Overtime reduction, there's nothing to do..." - "Nah, not today. I want to work."

@  Nevermore : (10 December 2019 - 11:04 AM)

This applies to the field of work as well. Meaning, your boss orders you to show up for a full shift, you show up on time and are absolutely willing to work, and then your boss realizes he has no work for you, your boss has to pay you for a full shift even if you don't work at all.

@  Nevermore : (10 December 2019 - 11:03 AM)

Fun fact: German law has a concept named "default in acceptance", which postulates that if there is a "service for payment" contract, the party that should provide the service correctly offers their due service, and the party that should pay fails to accept the service within due time, the second party still has to pay the first party even if there was no service delivered.

@  wonko the sane? : (08 December 2019 - 10:54 PM)

If it's seasonal affective disorder, check with your doc about vitamin D supplements.

@  Maximus Ambus : (08 December 2019 - 12:46 PM)

That's what I was thinking too, It's the christmas rush and if that's not stressful enough the cold weather can also impact mental health.

@  wonko the sane? : (08 December 2019 - 12:41 PM)

Might be a stupid question given the comment, BUT: have you done anything outside the ordinary lately? Might just be a stress reaction.

@  Maximus Ambus : (08 December 2019 - 12:29 PM)

I've experienced sleep paralysis with ghostly images and similar things in the past and can snap out of it through moving my fingers. I've definitely hallucinated before and members of both sides of the family have had similar experience, some suffered forms of mental instability in two cases schizophrenia.

@  wonko the sane? : (08 December 2019 - 10:47 AM)

So... either a hallucination or night terrors. Are you prone to this kind of thing?

@  Maximus Ambus : (07 December 2019 - 11:55 PM)

It kept repeating until I sat up.

@  Maximus Ambus : (07 December 2019 - 11:54 PM)

I've been up since three and when sheepish I was hallucinating something knocking twice against my bedroom door.

@  TheMightyMol... : (07 December 2019 - 06:58 PM)

Then repaint Apeface and Snapdragon as Transmetal Optimus Primal and Megatron. It's crazy enough to work.

@  PlutoniumBoss : (07 December 2019 - 05:32 PM)

Moral imperative.

@  Nevermore : (07 December 2019 - 05:13 PM)

Wishful thinking, rumor or leak?

@  Maximus Ambus : (07 December 2019 - 04:48 PM)

Snapdragon for Earthrise.

@  TM2-Megatron : (04 December 2019 - 10:22 PM)

Still not the weirdest thing a Nic Cage character has done in a film

@  TheMightyMol... : (04 December 2019 - 04:00 PM)

Couldn't be worse than him pissing fire as Ghost Rider.

Photo

Personal Canon Theater

1768 replies to this topic

#1761 RichardT1977

RichardT1977
  • Citizen
  • 735 posts

Posted 14 February 2019 - 04:32 PM

Roadhandler did indeed spend time as a professional wrestler. This led him to roles in a few action movies, including a franchise with an ensemble cast of 80s-thru-2010s action stars, and a franchise with a great deal of stunt driving. He even guest-hosted an episode of a popular late-night weekend sketch comedy series, to a surprising amount of success considering the challenge of incorporating a sentient alien robot into comedy sketches with otherwise human characters.

#1762 That One Guy

That One Guy

MaxCop gone rogue

• Citizen
  • 118 posts
  • Faction::RIBFIR

Posted 10 March 2019 - 07:09 AM

Brawn, upon being injured by Megatron during the Decepticon shuttle hijacking in TF:TM, was immediately sent into stasis lock due to the severity of his wound. As the Decepticons fled from the shuttle, Brawn was sent flying out of the hole Megatron had made earlier, crashing into the river surrounding Autobot city. After the battle, he was found by a search and rescue team and taken to Red Alert, who was so busy trying to fix everyone else that poor Brawn ended up being out of commission for the rest of the movie.

Though he recovered from his injuries, Brawn would only see limited action for the duration of the war, engaging only when absolutely necessary in order to avoid further damaging his old, beaten systems. Once the war ended, he retired with Mirage, Cliffjumper, Bluestreak, and Gears. They spend their free time hunting turbofoxes, enjoying copious amounts of wealth, sipping Energon wine, and bitching about Prowl. Being Mirage's friend has benefits, is what I'm saying.

Edited by That ONE Guy, 10 March 2019 - 07:11 AM.

#1763 unluckiness

unluckiness

curry on rice

• Citizen
  • 19834 posts
  • Faction::Minicon

Posted 09 May 2019 - 08:39 AM

I think I've expressed dissatisfaction at the Seacon bios before because they seem like they were more or less copied from previous characters. So according to my shelf canon, these are their bios. Also shelf canon names.

Ironshell is the oldest known Decepticon on record. A naval commander from a time when the Sea of Rust was an actual sea, work dried up when Cybertron's core shut down, causing widespread ecological changes. Decepticon high command decided that having a naval presence was unnecessary on a planet with no water and he was placed under stasis. Millions of years later, upon the expansion of the war to neighboring planets, the Decepticons were at a major disadvantage at sea after Tidal Wave was sunk. It was decided that Ironshell was to be reactivated to turn the tide. Ironshell is a crusty old geezer who sees the new recruits as unskilled and foolish and is keen to show off how things were done back in the good old days. Ever patient, he waits for the perfect opportunity to act. In beast mode, his shell is for all practical purposes indestructible, however, its paintjob is not. As a man of the sea, this veteran sees his shell as not only a badge of honor but also a talisman of luck (as he has not lost a single battle since he put it on) and thus, spends most of his off-duty time waxing and buffing it. Aside from his dismal speed, his biggest weakness is his poor hearing. (sounds like English dub Beerus)

Prior to enlisting in the Decepticon army, Coelagon was a pirate renowned not only for his skill but also his inebriation. It is said that he was hammered from the day he was forged. After a legendary heist of the galactic federation's homeworld, Coelagon's crew, particularly intoxicated, crashed their ship into the center of Decepticon headquarters. Megatron, unhappy to say the least, conscripted the survivors into the Decepticon ranks and outfitted the seadogs with sobriety inducer chips. The former captain works in exchange for chip inhibitors, just happy to be able to get buzzed. Unfortunately, even when sober, he has the hygiene of a drunk. (The Flying Dutchman)

Seawing was once a member of the Seekers. Unfortunately, the unit was downsized and Starscream decided that they already had a fan guy, a creepy guy and an almost white gray guy, so Seawing was kicked out. Reports of a winged phantom descending from the night, striking fear into even the denizens of Cybertron's darkest, seediest alleys, leaving a trail of broken jet bots in its wake caught the attention of Ironshell. After tracking the elusive Seawing down, an agreement was forged that Seawing would participate in Seacon missions as long as his opportunities for advancement were present and a generous retirement pension guaranteed. Denies enjoying the combiner team membership. Attuned to the depths of the sea, Seawing is weak to bright lights and loud noises. (Baleman scenery chewing voice)

Cyberjaw started out a thug, a mook, a henchman in the seedier parts of Kaon before saving a nest egg that let him launch his own less savory enterprises. Specializing in lending credits to less the less fortunate with reasonable payment plans, his profits grew matched only by his appetite. I mean, what's a couple bites between friends, eh? Unfortunately, the Great War thing is really bad for business so Cyberjaw decided to join up with the Deepticons 'coz he likes their style. The skillset Cyberjaw's built up over the years proved compatible with his new career and the Decepticons are glad to have someone with the stomach to do the jobs even they won't touch. Prone to indigestion. (1930's gangster see? nyah)

Tentakil, stage name Scylla (her manager thought Tentakil wouldn't appeal to a wide audience, woulda thunk) was once a lesser-known actress in Iacon, acting mostly as secondary characters just waiting for that big break to arrive, which it did when she landed a starring role alongside Scuba in a romantic comedy. Seats were reserved in advance for months, culminating in the opening night... where the theater was crushed following Omega Supreme taking a cannon blast to the face. Blinded with rage at the titan who took her career, Tentakil joined the Decepticons hoping for a shot at vengeance. While her tentacles grant impressive strength and reach, she lacks the dexterity to effectively use them in close quarters. Her most deadly weapons is deception. (whatever voice the job requires)

Nautilator sucks. Forged with a metal density four times the average, he sinks like a stone, if stones were made of metal. And had built in anchors. And gravity hated them. Compounding this problem, during his enlistment physical examination, it was found that his body structure was 90% solid, with the only hollowness found in his cranium. Basically, unlike everyone on this team, he cannot swim and trudges along the sea floor. Even in combined mode, he weighs Piranacon down and severely impedes performance. An upside to his unique anatomy is that he makes a superlative bullet sponge. Definitely not kosher. (Peter Griffin voice)

xOyvpt9.png

#1764 That One Guy

That One Guy

MaxCop gone rogue

• Citizen
  • 118 posts

Posted 31 May 2019 - 12:12 AM

This is a theory I cooked up awhile ago to help retcon Unicron and Primus's multiversal origins into fitting with the G1 cartoon's origins for Unicron involving Primacron and Primus's origins involving the Quintessons. This theory is written with the belief that the G1 cartoon, Beast Wars, Beast Machines, and all accompanying ancillary media (most prominently the 3H and Universe comic series) are in the same continuous universe. While this is a rather contentious viewpoint for some fans, it is the setting I which nearly all of my Transformers writings are based. Without further ado, I present to you the Divine Theory.

As the universe began and creation simmered after the blinding light of the Big Bang, the laws of the Multiverse took hold and began shaping yet another new reality. As with almost all other universes, the natural balance between good and evil, order and chaos began to shape reality, and with these forces their personified embodimentsPrimus and Unicron. Their consciousnesses existed at first only on the metaphysical astral plane, before creating physical extensions of themselves. Primus, existing across all realities simultaneously, dimensionally landed in this universe as a naturally occurring planet and would go on to become a thriving organic world. Unicron, meanwhile, manipulated the mind of a young scientist named Primacron, one of the first beings in existence. Using Primacron as an instrument for his destruction, Unicron had the impudent organic construct him a body like no other, a sprawling mechanical world, capable of transforming into a body resembling his old divine figure, freeing Unicron from the constraints of a purely metaphysical existence and giving his consciousness form. Drunk on power and eager to begin his malevolent machinations, Unicron failed to notice that Primacron's assistant had become influenced by the will of Primus, who used the being to construct a failsafe device capable of destroying Unicron, using some of Primus's divine power to complete the talisman. Unicron, however, sensed something was amiss in the astral plane, and realized Primus held sway over the assistant. Enraged, the Chaos Bringer sought to eliminate Primacron, his assistant, and the failsafe, though unbeknownst to him, Primacron survived and the talisman was sent hurtling into the void, where it would eventually return to Primus from across the universe. The trauma of having been manipulated by a dark god and facing a near death experience drove Primacron mad, leading to him eventually constructing other diabolical creations, such as the energy draining beast Tornedron (and, if the rumors are true, even the Quintessons, though this may be mere myth).

As time wore on, intelligent life in the universe began to develop and spread. One such group of beings were the Quintessons, a collection of semi-robotic subspecies completely dedicated to manipulation and greed. Unicron, sensing that these beings could be of use to him, made the Quintessons his servants and ordered them to locate the body of Primus so that he may annihilate him. After a time, the Quintessons did indeed find Primus's physical form, a lush organic world of great beauty and serenity. The Quintessons, however, decided that instead of informing their dark master of Primus's whereabouts, they would use the creator god for their own purposes. To that end, the greedy merchants terraformed the organic paradise into a cold, metallic factory world that they dubbed Cybertron. At the heart of this new world, they came across the physical form of Primus's consciousness, the gateway to the Allspark and the astral plane: Vector Sigma. Upon discovering the sentient core of Cybertron, the Quintessons sought to utilize the creative powers of Primus for their own means, and constructed many devices such as the Plasma Energy Chamber and the Oracle to control and isolate Primus, both of which had limited success in the long run. For the time, however, the Quintessons could maintain a fragile control over Vector Sigma by using the Oracle shell program to disconnect Primus from his creations, and thus went about creating their own forms of life, the first of which being the monstrous Trans-Organics. Frighteningly powerful, the abominations were a combination of the natural organic creatures of Cybertron with Quintesson cybernetic technology, resulting in a race of patchwork cyborgs capable of wiping out entire civilizations if left unchecked. These creatures, incapable of being controlled or destroyed, were sealed deep beneath Cybertron's surface and abandoned. The next attempts at creating life by the Quintessons were purely mechanical in nature, with the hope that machines would prove more manageable than the rebellious beasts of old. Their guesses proved correct, and, with the power of the Oracle and Plasma Energy Chamber, the Quintessons created multiple lines of robotic life forms that would become known as the Transformers. With Primus's true consciousness being suppressed by the Oracle, the slave robots were unable to develop true sentience for many eons.

The Quintessons, finally reaching their initial goals, went about selling their mechanical creations to other species, with the main product lines being those of military hardware and domestic robots. At the behest of some buyers who demanded certain "qualities" in their products, both classes of machines were given artificial gender, a factor that continues well into the modern day for Transformer society. At some unknown point in time, however, the ancient talisman Primacron had created landed on Cybertron and fell into the hands of the enslaved robots. This artifact, an extension of Primus and his power, began to instill the robots with life, evolving their artificial intelligences into true sentience. As a result, the talisman became revered by the machines, and was traditionally given to the appointed leader of the slaves, a process that continued for millennia. Now capable of thinking and feeling for themselves, the slaves began to rebel against their Quintesson masters, putting into motion events that would shape the history of the universe, nay, the Multiverse, forever.

Over eleven million years later in the year 2005 CE, Unicron finally located the body of Primus, Cybertron, and stood on the brink of victory against his arch enemy. The only thing standing in his way were Primus's children, the Transformers, who had been in the midst of an age old civil war between the military and domestic branches of their species. The ancient talisman of Primacron, now known as the Matrix of Leadership, was passed down from the leader of the Autobots, the faction of domestic robots, into the hands of a young Autobot named Hot Rod, who had dueled one of Unicron's minions, Galvatron, in the depths of the Chaos Bringer himself. Opening the Matrix and finally activating it's true purpose, and full force of Primus's powers were released within Unicron's physical form, tearing him apart and leaving the dark god once again confined to the astral plane and the severed head of his old body, the only part that survived. Centuries later into the future and the war between the two began once more. In the time before then, Primus helped convert Cybertron into a tranquil balance of organic and mechanical life, reformatting the entire world and it's people into technorganics, and had also played a role in repelling a Quintesson invasion of the newly reformatted world (as well as finally breaking free of the Oracle shell programming, regaining direct contact with his creations).

Unicron, meanwhile, had been abducting forces from across the Multiverse to serve as his minions against the lord of light, and had slowly gone about reforming his old body with the energy of his victim's sparks. Finally, a year after Primus's full return and Unicron's rise to power, the Children of Primus and the Minions of Unicron began the Universe War, a conflict that spanned the entire Multiverse and ravaged multiple realities, engulfing dimensions in ceaseless combat that rivaled the intensity of the greatest Cybertronian wars. Eventually, however, after long years of warfare and countless trillions lost, the Children prevailed and Unicron was defeated, with the Chaos Bringer and his armies vanishing due to the overwhelming power of the Unicron Singularity, a collection of black holes created by the destruction of Unicron's presence in certain universes. It is theorized that after losing too many dimensions to the Children of Primus, the Unicron Singularities all converges across the Multiverse and became too powerful for the Chaos Bringer to overcome, removing him from existence in many realities and making his consciousness on the astral plane dormant...for a time.

Regardless of the details, Unicron was defeated and the Children were left victorious in their war, saving the Multiverse from Unicron's wrath. Furthermore, the multiversal event known as the Shrouding strengthened the boundaries between universes, severing the multiversal composite consciousnesses shared by every Unicron and Primus. With the Unicron of this reality gone and with little chance of his return, it appears that the dark god may have, at least in this universe, finally been vanquished for good.

*Note: All versions of Primus and Unicron before the Shroud were connected, sharing the same gestalt consciousness. This was known as being a multiversal singularity. These singularities existed because the Multiverse operates on a balanced system of good and evil, order and chaos. A Unicron and Primus were needed in most every universe to keep the balance, although exceptions did and still do exist. Now that all universes are free to have their own gods and distinct versions of Primus and Unicron, however, it can be theorized that the deities no longer hold nearly as much cosmic significance, and individual universes can function fine without one of the two (although an unchecked Unicron isn't usually a good thing in general for a reality).
This is a theory I cooked up awhile ago to help retcon Unicron and Primus's multiversal origins into fitting with the G1 cartoon's origins for Unicron involving Primacron and Primus's origins involving the Quintessons. This theory is written with the belief that the G1 cartoon, Beast Wars, Beast Machines, and all accompanying ancillary media (most prominently the 3H and Universe comic series) are in the same continuous universe. While this is a rather contentious viewpoint for some fans, it is the setting I which nearly all of my Transformers writings are based. Without further ado, I present to you the Divine Theory.

As the universe began and creation simmered after the blinding light of the Big Bang, the laws of the Multiverse took hold and began shaping yet another new reality. As with almost all other universes, the natural balance between good and evil, order and chaos began to shape reality, and with these forces their personified embodimentsPrimus and Unicron. Their consciousnesses existed at first only on the metaphysical astral plane, before creating physical extensions of themselves. Primus, existing across all realities simultaneously, dimensionally landed in this universe as a naturally occurring planet and would go on to become a thriving organic world. Unicron, meanwhile, manipulated the mind of a young scientist named Primacron, one of the first beings in existence. Using Primacron as an instrument for his destruction, Unicron had the impudent organic construct him a body like no other, a sprawling mechanical world, capable of transforming into a body resembling his old divine figure, freeing Unicron from the constraints of a purely metaphysical existence and giving his consciousness form. Drunk on power and eager to begin his malevolent machinations, Unicron failed to notice that Primacron's assistant had become influenced by the will of Primus, who used the being to construct a failsafe device capable of destroying Unicron, using some of Primus's divine power to complete the talisman. Unicron, however, sensed something was amiss in the astral plane, and realized Primus held sway over the assistant. Enraged, the Chaos Bringer sought to eliminate Primacron, his assistant, and the failsafe, though unbeknownst to him, Primacron survived and the talisman was sent hurtling into the void, where it would eventually return to Primus from across the universe. The trauma of having been manipulated by a dark god and facing a near death experience drove Primacron mad, leading to him eventually constructing other diabolical creations, such as the energy draining beast Tornadron (and, if the rumors are true, even the Quintessons, though this may be mere myth).

As time wore on, intelligent life in the universe began to develop and spread. One such group of beings were the Quintessons, a collection of semi-robotic subspecies completely dedicated to manipulation and greed. Unicron, sensing that these beings could be of use to him, made the Quintessons his servants and ordered them to locate the body of Primus so that he may annihilate him. After a time, the Quintessons did indeed find Primus's physical form, a lush organic world of great beauty and serenity. The Quintessons, however, decided that instead of informing their dark master of Primus's whereabouts, they would use the creator god for their own purposes. To that end, the greedy merchants terraformed the organic paradise into a cold, metallic factory world that they dubbed Cybertron. At the heart of this new world, they came across the physical form of Primus's consciousness, the gateway to the Allspark and the astral plane: Vector Sigma. Upon discovering the sentient core of Cybertron, the Quintessons sought to utilize the creative powers of Primus for their own means, and constructed many devices such as the Plasma Energy Chamber and the Oracle to control and isolate Primus, both of which had limited success in the long run. For the time, however, the Quintessons could maintain a fragile control over Vector Sigma by using the Oracle shell program to disconnect Primus from his creations, and thus went about creating their own forms of life, the first of which being the monstrous Trans-Organics. Frighteningly powerful, the abominations were a combination of the natural organic creatures of Cybertron with Quintesson cybernetic technology, resulting in a race of patchwork cyborgs capable of wiping out entire civilizations if left unchecked. These creatures, incapable of being controlled or destroyed, were sealed deep beneath Cybertron's surface and abandoned. The next attempts at creating life by the Quintessons were purely mechanical in nature, with the hope that machines would prove more manageable than the rebellious beasts of old. Their guesses proved correct, and, with the power of the Oracle and Plasma Energy Chamber, the Quintessons created multiple lines of robotic life forms that would become known as the Transformers. With Primus's true consciousness being suppressed by the Oracle, the slave robots were unable to develop true sentience for many eons.

The Quintessons, finally reaching their initial goals, went about selling their mechanical creations to other species, with the main product lines being those of military hardware and domestic robots. At the behest of some buyers who demanded certain "qualities" in their products, both classes of machines were given artificial gender, a factor that continues well into the modern day for Transformer society. At some unknown point in time, however, the ancient talisman Primacron had created landed on Cybertron and fell into the hands of the enslaved robots. This artifact, an extension of Primus and his power, began to instill the robots with life, evolving their artificial intelligences into true sentience. As a result, the talisman became revered by the machines, and was traditionally given to the appointed leader of the slaves, a process that continued for millennia. Now capable of thinking and feeling for themselves, the slaves began to rebel against their Quintesson masters, putting into motion events that would shape the history of the universe, nay, the Multiverse, forever.

Over eleven million years later in the year 2005 CE, Unicron finally located the body of Primus, Cybertron, and stood on the brink of victory against his arch enemy. The only thing standing in his way were Primus's children, the Transformers, who had been in the midst of an age old civil war between the military and domestic branches of their species. The ancient talisman of Primacron, now known as the Matrix of Leadership, was passed down from the leader of the Autobots, the faction of domestic robots, into the hands of a young Autobot named Hot Rod, who had dueled one of Unicron's minions, Galvatron, in the depths of the Chaos Bringer himself. Opening the Matrix and finally activating it's true purpose, and full force of Primus's powers were released within Unicron's physical form, tearing him apart and leaving the dark god once again confined to the astral plane and the severed head of his old body, the only part that survived. Centuries later into the future and the war between the two began once more. In the time before then, Primus helped convert Cybertron into a tranquil balance of organic and mechanical life, reformatting the entire world and it's people into technorganics, and had also played a role in repelling a Quintesson invasion of the newly reformatted world (as well as finally breaking free of the Oracle shell programming, regaining direct contact with his creations).

Unicron, meanwhile, had been abducting forces from across the Multiverse to serve as his minions against the lord of light, and had slowly gone about reforming his old body with the energy of his victim's sparks. Finally, a year after Primus's full return and Unicron's rise to power, the Children of Primus and the Minions of Unicron began the Universe War, a conflict that spanned the entire Multiverse and ravaged multiple realities, engulfing dimensions in ceaseless combat that rivaled the intensity of the greatest Cybertronian wars. Eventually, however, after long years of warfare and countless trillions lost, the Children prevailed and Unicron was defeated, with the Chaos Bringer and his armies vanishing due to the overwhelming power of the Unicron Singularity, a collection of black holes created by the destruction of Unicron's presence in certain universes. It is theorized that after losing too many dimensions to the Children of Primus, the Unicron Singularities all converges across the Multiverse and became too powerful for the Chaos Bringer to overcome, removing him from existence in many realities and making his consciousness on the astral plane dormant...for a time.

Regardless of the details, Unicron was defeated and the Children were left victorious in their war, saving the Multiverse from Unicron's wrath. Furthermore, the multiversal event known as the Shrouding strengthened the boundaries between universes, severing the multiversal composite consciousnesses shared by every Unicron and Primus. With the Unicron of this reality gone and with little chance of his return, it appears that the dark god may have, at least in this universe, finally been vanquished for good.

*Note: All versions of Primus and Unicron before the Shroud were connected, sharing the same gestalt consciousness. This was known as being a multiversal singularity. These singularities existed because the Multiverse operates on a balanced system of good and evil, order and chaos. A Unicron and Primus were needed in most every universe to keep the balance, although exceptions did and still do exist. Now that all universes are free to have their own gods and distinct versions of Primus and Unicron, however, it can be theorized that the deities no longer hold nearly as much cosmic significance, and individual universes can function fine without one of the two (although an unchecked Unicron isn't usually a good thing in general for a reality).

Edited by That One Guy, 31 May 2019 - 12:42 AM.

#1765 RichardT1977

RichardT1977
  • Citizen
  • 735 posts

Posted 08 July 2019 - 04:39 PM

The central robot of Reflector (the one with the lens on his torso) is the only "real" Reflector; i.e. the one with a Spark. The rest are drones. Reflector has the ability to simultaneously telepresence through multiple drones without losing efficiency in any of them. However, after the crew and invaders of the Ark were rebuilt in 1984, he transforms by combining his actual body with two drones; never less, never more.

EDIT: For clarification, Reflector has more than just the two drones. LOTS more. It's just that he can only use two of them at a time (any two) with his core body to transform into camera mode.

Edited by RichardT1977, 12 July 2019 - 02:23 PM.

#1766 Roddie Luver

Roddie Luver
  • Citizen
  • 105 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 01 August 2019 - 11:16 PM

Wheelie, the little kids on Paradron, the dinoforce kids, Holi and his team, the Cybertronian childern in Beta group and the Lithonian childern are all built by the parents. Yes we never seen them being built. However the show always pay attention to the soliders and never or very rarely the civilians. What we're see soliders building more soliders. If we saw more Cybertronian and Lithonian civilians, we might see them building their childern. And about the kids on Paradron? Yes there they have kids. When they were landing on that moon on right is a little blue bot holding his mommy hand. There were others too, but not for sure if they were kids. The idw show us civilians, but unlike the original g1 there are no robotic childern or at least not in away that we think of.

Actually I can't call this a headcanon because the Lithone kids ( and most likely other robotic kids) are actually built. The source I got is from here https://dodermandefe...m/tag/lithones/. How do I know it's legit? I ask in the comment section and got this:

"Got all my information from 2 sources: the first, the Transformers wikia, specifically the G1 canon. My other source is a well-vetted nerd friend of mine and veritable G1 authority, who happens to own things like the Transformers 1986 movie production bible and many similar, behind-the-scenes kinds of material. I Dont claim to have the final, end all, be all version of anything, just a playable version that I thought was interesting, and which I tried my best to base on original Transformers canon."

Before reading all of that I assume that they had sex. Built? Kinda, but I mostly lean towards robo sex.

Edited by Roddie Luver, 01 August 2019 - 11:24 PM.

#1767 That One Guy

That One Guy

MaxCop gone rogue

• Citizen
  • 118 posts

Posted 03 August 2019 - 11:48 AM

Before reading all of that I assume that they had sex. Built? Kinda, but I mostly lean towards robo sex.

I mean, given the remarks Rattrap has made during Beast Wars, and the fact that the Transformers as a species in that universe have become technorganic, I suppose it's not impossible for sexual reproduction to occur. I think Stampy was stated as being a result of his parents procreating, but then again I'm pretty sure that was from Japan, so take it with a grain of salt.

#1768 Octavius Prime

Octavius Prime

Do it, FP

• Citizen
  • 10562 posts
  • Faction::Decepticon

Posted 17 October 2019 - 06:42 PM

For no good reason other than I like how they look together - Siege Hot Shot is Siege Impactor's son. Whatever than means.

#1769 RichardT1977

RichardT1977
  • Citizen
  • 735 posts

Posted 22 October 2019 - 12:40 PM

In light of the events of 2005-2006, Optimus has begun mentoring Hot Rod in the event that the latter has to become Prime again.

Whenever it's necessary for Optimus Prime to real-time communicate with the leader of a certain powerful Asian country, Hot Rod tries to sneak an image of a certain ursine literary/cartoon character into the frame on Optimus' side. Optimus knows what Hot Rod's doing and why, but tries not to acknowledge it officially for diplomatic reasons.

Stakeout's favorite cop movies are the Dirty Harry films, although he does think that the first two Beverly Hills Cop movies have some of the best soundtracks.

Stakeout has a pet cat (of the Earthling biological variety) named Callahan.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users