Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  Nevermore : (21 September 2018 - 03:23 AM)

Wiigii! Titans Return Grotusque for only 60 Euros (actually 70 but I somehow had an eBay gift card for reasons that escape me) with free shipping from within my own country!

@  Whirl Maximus : (21 September 2018 - 03:02 AM)

That was the plan for Predators too with the Super Predators.

@  Waspinator : (21 September 2018 - 01:46 AM)

So, apparently in the new Predator movie, the Predators don't hunt us for honor or the challenge or anything like that, but because they're stealing human DNA to modify themselves. Congrats Hollywood, on making a monster far less cool and scary.

@  Pennpenn : (20 September 2018 - 08:46 AM)

I only started playing it recently so I don't know what it was like before. Actually surprised they haven't finished the story yet. Then again, unless they introduce another world it's pretty much just Maleficent and whatever the Foretellers are playing at left.

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (20 September 2018 - 08:30 AM)

Geeze.. I reloaded up Kingdom Hearts X for the first time in a long time. That game has massivily inflated from when I played it when it first launced in the US.

@  Pennpenn : (19 September 2018 - 09:07 AM)

It's an annoying thing to have happen in any game. I'm hoping they actually finish releasing all the story mode parts before 3 comes out.

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (19 September 2018 - 06:24 AM)

Ahh. Hadn't played that in a long time.. Since before the PVP I think.

@  Pennpenn : (19 September 2018 - 04:33 AM)

Kingdom Hearts Union Cross. Specifically the PVP fights.

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (19 September 2018 - 04:31 AM)

What game PennPenn

@  Pennpenn : (19 September 2018 - 03:13 AM)

Man, I love it when you've got limited attempts at something in a game, said game crashes at the end of the thing, so you lose the attempt but don't get any credit.

@  wonko the sane? : (18 September 2018 - 08:44 PM)

I know. I'm back to the classic purple for the first time since the comic theme was introduced.

@  Fenix Twilight : (18 September 2018 - 08:32 PM)

Alright thanks, gonna be weird without the speech bubble boxes but I'll manage.

@  wonko the sane? : (18 September 2018 - 07:59 PM)

Nope, ongoing problem for a bunch of us. The mods know, so... just hunker down and wait. In the mean time: changing themes will sort it out for a bit. Only the comic theme is affected.

@  Fenix Twilight : (18 September 2018 - 05:36 PM)

Is something going on? I'm missing the buttons to go to the newest post and there's no banner for the forum list, it just says "logo" in the corner.

@  TheMightyMol... : (18 September 2018 - 06:03 AM)

Leader-1!

@  Whirl Maximus : (18 September 2018 - 02:25 AM)

"huh?" 'chuckle' in every reaction shot. That's all I remember of Armada.

@  Paladin : (16 September 2018 - 07:36 PM)

if youre looking for sympathy its in the dictionary between shit & syphilis.

@  TheMightyMol... : (15 September 2018 - 03:10 PM)

Uuuhhhhhh.......

@  Rycochet : (15 September 2018 - 11:56 AM)

Due to it's concentrated lousiness, even small doses of Energon will age you, yes.

@  Lazy Garou : (15 September 2018 - 10:32 AM)

unicron trilogy video was great, but made me feel a hundred years old.

@  wonko the sane? : (12 September 2018 - 07:32 AM)

Awesome. Good job man.

@  Lazy Garou : (11 September 2018 - 09:30 PM)

cleaning up, mostly.but the little plastic piece where the power cable hooked up was broken. That I managed to put back together.

@  Patch : (11 September 2018 - 04:48 PM)

So he also has White Castle-like qualities?

@  TheMightyMol... : (11 September 2018 - 02:23 PM)

Just keep him away from the plumbing, he's really hard on the pipes.

@  RichardT1977 : (11 September 2018 - 01:22 PM)

Overlord has some castle-like qualities to him

@  wonko the sane? : (11 September 2018 - 12:15 PM)

Fix it, like, found a working power adaptor, or fix it like: there was saudering involved.

@  Lazy Garou : (11 September 2018 - 11:58 AM)

that feeling when you fix something and works like a dream. we now have a working snes in my house and I have tested 10 games on it and they all work.

@  Arazyr : (11 September 2018 - 10:44 AM)

...Now I want a Transformer that turns into a castle.

@  wonko the sane? : (11 September 2018 - 09:37 AM)

You should be careful man, lots of allsparkers life in castle law states. It's a good way to get shot you know.

@  ▲ndrusi : (11 September 2018 - 09:35 AM)

Which house? Mine? Dammit I thought I locked my door!

@  GrungeWerX : (11 September 2018 - 01:20 AM)

GrungeWerX in tha HOUSE!!! WOOT!!

@  TM2-Megatron : (10 September 2018 - 11:54 PM)

There's been consistently good sc-fi flicks; most just fly under the radar as lower-budget or indie pictures

@  Steevy Maximus : (10 September 2018 - 09:28 PM)

If you can forget about that garbage Ghost in the Shell feature...

@  Steevy Maximus : (10 September 2018 - 09:27 PM)

Upgrade is a GREAT dark sci fi throwback film. Kind of feels like the genre has been nailing some good stuff after a LONG time of drek

@  Sabrblade : (10 September 2018 - 06:34 PM)

Hey, Steve is a Vehicon!

@  abates : (10 September 2018 - 04:44 PM)

I thought it was spelled "Stege".

@  Arazyr : (10 September 2018 - 02:10 PM)

So, "I before E, except after Siege"? :D

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (10 September 2018 - 01:59 PM)

Memorandum to all: the word "siege" is spelled with the "i" before the "e".

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (08 September 2018 - 12:55 PM)

Happy birthday to Star Trek and Star Trek: The Animated Series!

@  MEDdMI : (08 September 2018 - 07:55 AM)

*smacks TMM upside the head*

@  TheMightyMol... : (08 September 2018 - 02:51 AM)

& Knuckles.

@  Pennpenn : (07 September 2018 - 11:01 PM)

Re: Coded?

@  Waspinator : (07 September 2018 - 09:14 PM)

Final Fantasy: The Movie: The Game: Pocket Edition HD Boogaloo

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (07 September 2018 - 01:03 AM)

Funny thing is, I think the pocket edition graphics give the game more personality.

@  MEDdMI : (06 September 2018 - 11:10 PM)

Final Finception

@  Waspinator : (06 September 2018 - 10:29 PM)

They've made a PS4 version of Final Fantasy 15 Pocket Edition. For those keeping score, it's the PS4 version of a smartphone version of a PS4 game.

@  wonko the sane? : (05 September 2018 - 09:20 PM)

Ah HA! turns out the trick to installing the rift software was to run it as an admin. Stupid windows 10.

@  wonko the sane? : (05 September 2018 - 04:58 PM)

Awright! I got the display port working! Which means I can now connect my occulus rift!

@  MEDdMI : (04 September 2018 - 10:38 PM)

*just stares*

@  Noideaforaname : (04 September 2018 - 09:36 PM)

Hello there

Photo

Personal Canon Theater

1749 replies to this topic

#1741 SHIELD Agent 47

SHIELD Agent 47

Skull Leader

• Staff
  • 7622 posts
  • Faction::Autobot

Posted 03 August 2018 - 02:56 AM

The Studio Series Thundercracker figure (with a The Last Knight Nitro-style head), represents Nitro Zeus's sibling, Thunder Jupiter.

reduced-image_14648_106.jpg

遊び終わ。- ブレラ・スターン少佐西暦2059年

Visit the Transformers Wiki and the IDW Hasbro Wiki!

#1742 RichardT1977

RichardT1977
  • Citizen
  • 412 posts

Posted 07 August 2018 - 11:40 AM

A secret cult is proliferating among the Sharkticons, that worships Piranacon. The Quintessons have tried to discourage this challenge to their absolute control over the Sharkticons, to no avail.

As for Piranacon... well, he ignores the Sharkticons, unless he's hungry. Or he decides to direct them against his enemies. Or that one time the Quintessons tried to eliminate him in order to wipe out the cult (the surviving Quintesson participant had to be sent to Torkulon for long-term care).

#1743 Tindalos

Tindalos
  • Citizen
  • 1745 posts

Posted 07 August 2018 - 03:35 PM

Skywarp's not quite as dumb as he looks.

He's plenty dumb in most areas, but when it comes to transwarp physics and space bridge theory he's a bit of an idiot savant.

While most assume his teleportation ability is the result of an outlier talent, some quirk of construction; it's actually an augmentation he developed, and uses to great effect. Every time he wants to warp somewhere, he performs all the calculations to open up a ground bridge from his present location to his destination. And then he uses it to push people down stairs.

Because he may have a talent for higher dimensional science, but really, he just wants to enjoy life.

#1744 Broadside

Broadside

Now I'm a beeliever

• Staff
  • 10489 posts
  • Faction::Cannonball's Pirate Crew

Posted 07 August 2018 - 06:06 PM

In the Aligned continuity, one of the earliest established civilizations was among members of the Predacon race, led by the philosopher, poet and warrior Sky-Byte. While Predaking and his followers were content to hunt and prey on other Cybertronians, Sky-Byte believed in a higher purpose, and built a society around his ethos and beliefs.

His followers mostly consisted of aquatic Predacons, matching their leader's megalocon alt-mode; three who figured prominently in his life were the hard-shelled Snapper, the puffer-fish-like Gasshark, and the air-gliding Darkstream. Though none of the three were particularly bright or capable of appreciating their leader's philosophy, they were all fierce and loyal warriors, and their names have been remembered throughout history; millions of years later, the Alchemor prisoner Slapstick would claim descent from the warrior lineage of Snapper.

Sky-Byte's civilization was eventually destroyed by Maraudicons shortly before the Great Cataclysm, and its leader's fate is unknown. Only fragments of Sky-Byte's writings still remain, and all are priceless artifacts; Sky-Byte is considered one of the greatest Cybertronian thinkers of all time. Megatron is even rumoured to have had a page of Sky-Byte's Ichthyes Texts mounted on the wall of his chamber in the Nemesis.

e: edited with pun names for his followers, courtesy of Tyranno

Edited by Broadside, 05 September 2018 - 08:00 PM.

#1745 RichardT1977

RichardT1977
  • Citizen
  • 412 posts

Posted 09 August 2018 - 10:49 PM

Razorclaw's favorite Game of Thrones character is, to absolutely no one's surprise, Tywin Lannister. He also plays "The Rains of Castamere" whenever a subordinate (temporary or permanent, but usually temporary because the other Predacons know their roles) gets too uppity.

#1746 Octavius Prime

Octavius Prime

Do it, FP

• Citizen
  • 10255 posts
  • Faction::Decepticon

Posted 18 August 2018 - 09:13 PM

Anyone have any thoughts about what they are doing with SDCC Primal? I kind of want to ignore the Eukaris background because it's hard not to think of this toy as the Primal from the show (as in his personality). I currently am considering having him still be for the future, but since I'm working him into my collection canon that includes POTP, it would not be the same future as the beast wars show. In my canon the Prime Masters are a recent invention of Starscream (as ruler of cybertron, not a decepticon, a la IDW), so I figure that Primal finds the Crown, Sceptre and Throne/Halo that are by his time ancient artifacts. Perhaps his faction is the Maximals since Optimus was defeated during POTP and Fort Max had to assume leadership, and the Autobots become the Maximals on his watch. I am definitely going to make the 13th Prime Master the true Matrix; Primal's red matrix will probably still be the spark of Optimus Prime as in the TV show. I guess POTP Optimus Prime's matrix core can be the true matrix before it is converted into a Prime Master.

I dunno.

#1747 RichardT1977

RichardT1977
  • Citizen
  • 412 posts

Posted 28 August 2018 - 09:38 PM

My version of Metalhawk was a contributor to the development of Pretender technology, until he was critically injured in battle. He was rebuilt as a smaller form and reconfigured to serve as a Headmaster for a transtector body with a jet-based altmode. His smaller body has a Pretender shell (with no need for size-shifting), which he uses to maintain the civilian identity of Masayo Hawkins.

#1748 Onyxstrike

Onyxstrike
  • Citizen
  • 176 posts

Posted 07 September 2018 - 06:32 PM

Shattered Glass Megatronia, and her components, are Kamen Riders.

#1749 unitremover

unitremover
  • Staff
  • 1133 posts
  • Faction::RIBFIR

Posted 16 September 2018 - 01:12 PM

There's a heroic counterpart to Grand Scourge, known as the Arch Force, who travels time and space seeking out Megatrons and other Emperors of Destruction from the worlds attacked by Grand Scourge and helping to set them down the path of angels in hopes of correcting the great imbalance created by the destruction of that universe's Matrix.

#1750 RichardT1977

RichardT1977
  • Citizen
  • 412 posts

Posted 19 September 2018 - 10:32 AM

Zarak, having been deposed and forced to flee Nebulos, has been granted control over Chaar, which he has begun to terraform. Giga, Mega, and Overlord have taken rulership of a terraformed centaur planetoid (think Nessus from Destiny 2) in a neighboring system. Both have started to become populated by organic refugees from other worlds within the Empire.

In fact, worlds in the Decepticon Empire with organic governors/viceroys (or, more commonly, Decepticon governors with organic binary partners) have a higher average standard of living for organic subjects than the ones governed solely by Cybertronians. This is not too surprising. Decepticons care primarily about energy production. Therefore, they're more likely to turn a world into a giant power plant, or a mining world if the planet has useful mineral content. They produce enough organic food, clothing, etc. to keep the population alive and working, but it can be rather bleak. Many Decepticon-occupied worlds resemble Warhammer 40k's hive worlds.

Organic leaders, on the other hand, value the same creature comforts as their subjects. Their worlds have an ambiance more pleasing to the masses simply because the rulers want to live someplace nice, and there's only so much you can bar from the masses while maintaining cost-effectiveness. EXAMPLE: Suppose you order your serfs to build and maintain an elaborate outdoor garden for your benefit; the gardeners get to spend time in a pleasant garden rather than a polluted factory that the owners have little interest in cleaning because they don't have lungs to be burned.

In fact, Overlord's world has one of the highest-quality educational systems in the empire (and rivaling some outside of it). Granted, the social studies curriculum is blatant propaganda conditioning the students to venerate the Decepticons and the viceregal couple; but their STEM education is top-notch and their aptitude-focused education produces high-quality workers in every field.

This is not to say that organic-led Decepticon worlds are paradises (except for the rulers), or that inorganic-led worlds are endless torture for fleshlings. Giga and Mega, and Zarak, still rule their worlds with an iron fist. And only the most foolish Decepticons trample their subjects (metaphorically or literally) until they're dead or driven to revolt. It's just that organic dictators have personal wants more like their subjects, and fulfilling those wants gives the peasant class at least a minimal access to them. Furthermore, wise Decepticons, prejudiced as they may be against organics, still recognize talent when they see it and are willing to provide incentives to make the best use of those subjects willing to collaborate. As long as everyone knows their place and the quotas are met, the Decepticons will only crack the whip every once in a while to remind everyone where they stand.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users