Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  Otaku : (19 May 2018 - 02:17 PM)

@TM2-Megatron Yeah, it is like @TheMightyMollusk says. The catch is that usually means they can contain beef, and I confirmed it by pushing my luck. XD So... yeah, if going to the theater was about watching the film, it might be worth potentially resting on the balls of my feet while technically sitting in the chair, but put it all together... and I just wait to watch it at home. Oh, and ticket prices, always ticket prices.

@  wonko the sane? : (19 May 2018 - 10:24 AM)

woot woot! Korean barbeque for dinner!

@  TheMightyMol... : (19 May 2018 - 05:51 AM)

It's meat scraps. Whatever's left over from cutting up the more choice cuts.

@  TM2-Megatron : (18 May 2018 - 11:26 PM)

Well, the hot dogs Cineplex has (pretty much our only big theatre chain) around here are quite good, but I have no idea of the composition, and honestly, it's probably better that way.

@  Otaku : (18 May 2018 - 10:01 PM)

@TM2-Megatron In my case, shouldn't risk the hot dogs, either. Maybe if they are guaranteed to contain NO beef (can't digest it anymore >_<).

@  Waspinator : (18 May 2018 - 08:12 PM)

Semper ubi sub ubi

@  Nevermore : (18 May 2018 - 01:18 PM)

Then classmate, I mean.

@  Nevermore : (18 May 2018 - 01:18 PM)

A classmate of mine once did one: Asked for the English term for [underpants], he replied "underground trousers".

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (18 May 2018 - 10:10 AM)

Urkomisch!

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (18 May 2018 - 10:10 AM)

@Nevermore First time I have ever heard of this, but it sounds awesome!

@  Arazyr : (18 May 2018 - 08:39 AM)

We did that amongst ourselves in German class in college. We just called it "Germish", though.

@  Shrug : (18 May 2018 - 07:01 AM)

Nevermore, you've peaked my interest and I wish to subscribe to your newsletter

@  Nevermore : (18 May 2018 - 04:04 AM)

The term itself is an example: "English for Runaways" is supposed to mean "English for advanced speakers".

@  Nevermore : (18 May 2018 - 04:03 AM)

Think of it as the German variety of Engrish, only done completely on purpose for maximum hilarity. The target audience are bilingual German native speakers who a) understand the intended meaning and b) realize the absurdness of the end result.

@  Nevermore : (18 May 2018 - 04:02 AM)

It's basically the official unofficial term for deliberate mistranslations between German and English, done for the lulz.

@  Nevermore : (18 May 2018 - 04:01 AM)

Has anyone ever heard of the term "English for Runaways"?

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (18 May 2018 - 01:13 AM)

Okay... Seriously.. The Mystic Knights need a DVD release already.. I keep seeing them pop up in the most random of places.

@  PlutoniumBoss : (18 May 2018 - 01:03 AM)

Unfortunately no Squidkids at Sea World so no splat zones. Now that would have been a good brand deal to advertise in the park, and would have made more brand sense than friggin' Mystic Knights of Tir Na Nog.

@  Paladin : (17 May 2018 - 07:52 PM)

i think that's where the orcas jump & land on the trainers in protest to their horrible treatment

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (17 May 2018 - 06:53 PM)

Splat zones? ;)

@  PlutoniumBoss : (17 May 2018 - 05:05 PM)

It was wet from gallons of salt water. Splash zones, man.

@  TheMightyMol... : (17 May 2018 - 04:46 PM)

Only if you're classy.

@  Paladin : (17 May 2018 - 04:42 PM)

do you serve orca meat with butter?

@  TM2-Megatron : (17 May 2018 - 03:57 PM)

I hope it was wet from butter

@  PlutoniumBoss : (17 May 2018 - 01:06 AM)

I used to work at Sea World in Florida, in the stroller rental warehouse, where we would regularly have to hose wet popcorn out of strollers. Popcorn hasn't really appealed to me since.

@  Steevy Maximus : (16 May 2018 - 07:36 PM)

Mine got the HP Pavilion Gaming 15" Green light laptop...and I can't find anything about it except the press release and HP's own website options.

@  Steevy Maximus : (16 May 2018 - 07:35 PM)

Always bemusing to find a new laptop series at Walmart and then can't find ANYTHING online about it except for the press releases

@  Paladin : (16 May 2018 - 06:52 PM)

still sounds preferable to "The Hobbit."

@  wonko the sane? : (16 May 2018 - 06:15 PM)

I once farted so rank the guy behind me walked out of the lord of rings movie. Told my brother someone needed to sew my ass shut on his way out.

@  TM2-Megatron : (16 May 2018 - 06:15 PM)

If I couldn't eat popcorn, I have to admit that would remove part of the appeal for my going, as well. Although the theatre chain up here still has decent hot dogs, I guess

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (16 May 2018 - 06:12 PM)

Yeah.. Stomach issues is one of the big medical reasons for me as well.

@  Otaku : (16 May 2018 - 05:55 PM)

I rarely go to movie theaters anymore: besides being too fat to sit comfortably in the seats, I have digestive health issues. No popcorn at all. >_<

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (16 May 2018 - 05:26 PM)

Medical reasons.

@  Telly : (16 May 2018 - 12:49 PM)

why?

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (15 May 2018 - 04:37 PM)

I can't even go the theater anymore really.

@  TM2-Megatron : (15 May 2018 - 03:29 PM)

Personally, I like the short wait. As much as I still enjoy going to the theatre, I also like getting movies at home as soon as possible

@  Bass X0 : (15 May 2018 - 03:12 PM)

Just found out John Mahoney (Martin Crane in Frasier) died earlier this year. That's sad.

@  wonko the sane? : (15 May 2018 - 02:59 PM)

I don't think I'm ever going to get used to the turn around time on new movies making it to home formats.

@  TM2-Megatron : (15 May 2018 - 02:37 PM)

Only for Steelbooks and whatnot, anyway

@  Telly : (15 May 2018 - 02:23 PM)

picked up black panther on bluray. walmart had little signs next to the price sticker saying theyre actually limiting copies of it to 2 per customer. ive never seen that on a movie before

@  Steevy Maximus : (14 May 2018 - 03:34 PM)

And I get to keep the vehicle with its 43,130 miles!

@  Steevy Maximus : (14 May 2018 - 03:34 PM)

Cha-CHING! My "total loss" PT Cruiser (with some hail damage from last year with a $4200 repair bill for cosmetic damage) netted me a $6000 payday with a clear title since it is over 10 years old!

@  Locoman : (14 May 2018 - 01:36 PM)

Yes. The authorities have been notified of your predilections. Remain where you are.

@  RichardT1977 : (14 May 2018 - 11:53 AM)

Is it wrong that I want to refer to PotP Inferno's combiner form as Phoenix King?

@  Paladin : (14 May 2018 - 07:33 AM)

more and more i'm starting to wish i'd become an alcoholic years ago.

@  Otaku : (14 May 2018 - 06:31 AM)

The sad thing is that I sometimes think a little social drinking by others puts us on even footing. I'm sure you're all shocked (which emoticon do i use for sarcasm again?) that I'm not good at social situations, and either I clam up or say too much, can't read the room, etc.? XP

@  Nevermore : (14 May 2018 - 12:21 AM)

I don't drink for a variety of reasons. Family alcoholism, can't stand the smell, don't like what it does to people, etc.

@  Waspinator : (13 May 2018 - 11:15 PM)

It's not always other people caring about you not drinking that makes it awkward. You can make yourself feel awkward by not doing something everyone else is doing without anyone even trying to make you do it. Peer pressure doesn't have to be intentional, the desire to fit in can make you do it to yourself.

@  Plokatron : (13 May 2018 - 10:57 PM)

@Pennpenn Same here. I just don't see a need to drink hard stuff even if it's as simple as one sip. Two reasons one I'd probably be as much a lightweight as Doc. Brown and two my uncle was killed in a car wreck due to a drunk driver and I've made a promise to my mother to never drink unless it's very special. I'm even less tolerant of Smoking or chewing Tabaco since my dad had cancer twice due to chewing learned his lesson after he survived round two. And before I get the naysayers on this the doctors specified to him that it was chewing that screwed him up. His genes did have a possible trigger in them that coulc of gone off but according to the docs it only mutated after he started chewing.

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (13 May 2018 - 08:06 PM)

I have enough problems with Diabetes messing with me.. Don't need alcohol adding to it. ;)

Photo
* * * * * 2 votes

Personal canon theater

1676 replies to this topic

#1661 Fear or Courage

Fear or Courage

Do I compel you?

• Citizen
  • 1967 posts
  • Faction::Autobot

Posted 10 April 2018 - 12:36 PM

A bunch of random bits of Movieverse canon I was gabbing about on Discord:

How in the hell could Ron and Judy Witwicky afford their house, sending Sam to college, and taking tons of vacations if they're not even college-educated? They have a metric ton of inheritance from the Order of Witwiccans. They weren't, like, Secret Members or anything, but they were descended from them indirectly, and inherited a chunk of their wealth. Ron seems the type to take the money and decide to not look into it further in the name of keeping it. The economics of their situation always bugged me, so that's an easy out.

Sadly, Sam being killed by Cemetary Wind between DOTM and AOE seems depressingly plausible, since he loves to stick his nose in stuff, wouldn't take the victimization of his Robot Friends lying down, and Cemetary Wind was shown to have no qualms about killing people and covering it up. The friendlier alternative is simply that he went off the grid once he realized the heat was on him, lives in a cabin in the woods somewhere now, and had no idea anything happened until Cybertron literally showed up in the sky.

Galvatron somehow meeting Quintessa and becoming Megatron again happened because right after he skulked away at the end of AoE, he stumbled onto the bit of Lockdown’s ship the Autobots had left in the woods, and promptly stole it, intending to track down Optimus. Somehow, he took it to Cybertron instead (probably because it was already en-route to Earth), and met Quintessa. This would also explain why the Autobots once again don’t have a ship in TLK.

Speaking of Quintessa, she wasn't really a Prime, but was a Spawn of Unicron who lied a lot. Her plan to drain Unicron and restore Cybertron would actually have given Unicron a new body, like in "Starscream's Ghost." The Guardian Knights got wise to her plan, and aside from taking her staff, also sealed her away beneath Cybertron. The planet getting broken up in DOTM was what set her loose. One knight had offered to stay behind as an eternal sentry over her, and fled to earth when she was released, taking the first (slow) ship he could find. This is the Wounded Knight from the start of TLK.

Lockdown's whole story to Optimus about the creators and life intermingling was another lie. It's what Quintessa told him when she hired him to bring her Prime and the Dinobots. She had him do so because she knew she'd need warriors for her plans. She just dropped it when both Megatron (and his Decepticons) and later Optimus landed right on her doorstep themselves.

The Fallen was actually trying to revive Unicron. In ROTF itself, he never really says what he wants to do with the Energon he harvests. It seems like he's just doing it to spite long-dead people. Megatron and Starscream are the only ones talking about revitalizing their young. This could also explain why the Fallen was somehow stronger than the other Primes. He was working for Unicron in secret, and was enhanced by him. In fact, Unicron being Earth can answer the meta-question of why all this stuff (like the Allspark) ends up on Earth: He’s using his influence to pull as much Cybertronian stuff to him as he can, hoping SOMETHING will allow him to properly re-awaken.

Edited by Fear or Courage, 11 April 2018 - 08:26 AM.

#1662 lastmaximal

lastmaximal

Cyber Key Power...linx!

• Apprentice Staff
  • 13273 posts
  • Faction::Minicon

Posted 10 April 2018 - 01:58 PM

(copy, paste, save)
Thanks! Personal Canon enriched anew.

SO OKAY IT'S AVERAGE
Virtually every custom as good as the title suggests!
SoOkayItsAverage.2.gif

#1663 Broadside

Broadside

Black hole sun/Won't you come/And swallow Cybertron

• Apprentice Staff
  • 10130 posts
  • Faction::Cannonball's Pirate Crew

Posted 12 April 2018 - 09:28 PM

Headcanons about the IDW Thirteen, before Optimus Prime #18 inevitably contradicts them:

• Vector Prime was a "philosopher king" with a masterful understanding of spacio-temporal physics, but also an "absent-minded professor" type who got so caught up in his musings that he would forget everything else that's going on.
  • Amalgamous, who managed to unlock the "true potential" of the transformation cog, had a genuine god complex; they believed themself to be the physical incarnation of Adaptus, blessed with an infinity of shapes. Amalgamous was, in fact, plotting to betray the rest of the Thirteen, other than Prima, Alpha Trion, Quintus Prime, and Megatronus, who they believed to be the incarnations of the other members of the Guiding Hand. Their tribe had a caste-based system wherein ones standing is tied to their number of alternate modes.
  • Quintus Prime, by contrast, was wholly detached and atheistic, and not above working with the likes of Liege Maximo to achieve her intentions. She was obsessed with understanding the Cybertronian spark and the nature of their existence; while the other Primes were led to belive that her greatest breakthrough was the creation of the Emberstones, miniature replicas of Vector Sigma that allowed for the creation of hot spots within the colony Titans, she did in fact have a far more significant creation - one that granted total control over life and death.

Edited by Broadside, 12 April 2018 - 09:28 PM.

#1664 RichardT1977

RichardT1977
  • Citizen
  • 301 posts

Posted 19 April 2018 - 05:56 PM

SPECIAL CROSSOVER HEADCANON: The following is separate from my regular personal canon.

Transformers/Andromeda Personal Canon:

- Transformers, while not as good at navigating slipstream jumps as biological life forms, are still significantly better than most other robotic species. Nonetheless, the superiority of biologicals in slipstream navigation prompted an increase in binary bonding (99% of whom were Targetmasters, as their bond is the least intrusive).

- The Liege Maximo had created a Decepticon Empire outside the Commonwealth, much like the G2 comic. During the Golden Age of the original Commonwealth, most Deceptions fled there. The Liege had Galvatron's mind re-stabilized and handed off the Empire to him, though he remains the power behind the throne (okay, this first item is all in my regular PC as well).

- The Autobots were scattered as the Maximals and Predacons rose to prominence. A few are still around, but most of them have faded into legend.

- The events of Beast Wars (or at least the events that didn't take place on prehistoric Earth) and Beast Machines took place during the Long Night.

- An accident with a Nucleon reactor stripped a number of Pretenders of their ability to transform and trapped them at approximately human size. As a result, they enacted a temporary truce to re-engineer their shells to transform into hover vehicles that could theoretically be wielded by larger Transformers as hand weapons.

-- Almost all of that statement is a lie. The robots claiming to be Pretenders are actually the Thirteen, who took the likenesses and identities of a number of Pretenders who became MIA under unknown circumstances. Due to their own nature, they recognized Trance Gemini for what she truly is almost immediately.

-- The Thirteen seem to know what happened to the Pretenders they're imitating, but they don't discuss it, not even to those who become secret keepers to them.

- The Abyss is Unicron. Did you think it was a coincidence that the shell of the one Prime loyal to him resembled the same terrestrial species as the Magog?

[Technically it was, IRL, but it was just too good not to run with it.]

- The Aerialbots are in the Seefra system on the other side of the Route of Ages. They obtained Pretender shells (and were not involved in the incident that destroyed/banished the "official" Pretenders) and pose as traders who secretly have a fleet of small aerospace craft (their true forms) for anyone whose need for air/space travel exceeds any technophobia they might possess.

Edited by RichardT1977, Yesterday, 08:50 PM.

#1665 Broadside

Broadside

• Apprentice Staff
  • 10130 posts

Posted 23 April 2018 - 09:10 AM

A while before Thundercracker's attempt at "Starscream: The Movie", Paramount Pictures produced a film about the Decepticon invasion, "All Hail Megatron". Spike Witwicky was intended to be the main protagonist, but when he got too demanding about conditions for the use of his name, the producers replaced him with a pair of fictional special forces soldiers, Eddie Fairchild and Matt Conroy.

#1666 Locoman

Locoman

meow

• Citizen
  • 3066 posts
  • Faction::Maximal

Posted 25 April 2018 - 10:25 AM

In IDW continuity, Megatronus's alternate mode was some kind of monstrous primate; part of the reason why beast modes became so reviled after the First Cybertronian Civil War was because of Megatronus' killing of Solus Prime.
"He learned, almost too late, that man is a feeling creature and, because of it, the greatest in the universe. He learned, too late for himself, that men have to make their own way, to make their own mistakes. There can't be any gift of perfection from outside ourselves. And, when men seek such perfection, they find there's only death, fire, loss, disillusionment, the end of everything that's gone forward. Men have always sought an end to toil and misery. It can't be given; it has to be achieved. There is hope, but it has to come from inside, from man himself."

#1667 LV!

LV!

A tendency to speak in jest

• Citizen
  • 14715 posts

Posted 25 April 2018 - 10:43 AM

His ROBOT mode is some kind of monstrous primate!

#1668 Broadside

Broadside

• Apprentice Staff
  • 10130 posts

Posted 25 April 2018 - 10:59 AM

His ROBOT mode is some kind of monstrous primate!

#1669 Lightbright

Lightbright
  • Citizen
  • 159 posts
  • Faction::RIRFIB

Posted 25 April 2018 - 06:11 PM

The recently revealed concept art version of PotP Slash is her branched-spark twin sister, named Smash :)

#1670 Arazyr

Arazyr
  • Citizen
  • 625 posts
  • Faction::Vehicon

Posted 26 April 2018 - 08:55 AM

Slash is the deep thinker of the Dinobots (relatively speaking if nothing else), earning her the affectionate nickname of "Philosoraptor" from Ratchet.

----
My Buy/Sale/Trade thread. Currently - Nothing at the moment.

Legion of Plastic, My new webcomic. WebsiteFacebook.

#1671 ▲ndrusi

▲ndrusi

Praise be to Stakeout.

• Supporter
  • 25431 posts

Posted 03 May 2018 - 10:13 AM

Stormshot is an attorney.

(I have no rational explanation for where this idea came from. It just kind of popped into my head this morning.)

QUOTE(orionpax44 @ Jun 24 2012, 01:03 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Childrens toys? whaa the boxes seriously say ages 5+ I consider myself the plus.
QUOTE(mx-01 archon @ Sep 9 2012, 01:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You're talking to ▲ndrusi. Assume everything that he posts is snark.

#1672 SoS

SoS
  • Administrator
  • 4773 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 03 May 2018 - 09:11 PM

(I have no rational explanation for where this idea came from. It just kind of popped into my head this morning.)

OBJECTION!

Now I kind of want an RiD15 Sideswipe decoed in Phoenix Wright colors.

--SoS

VOTE SIDEWAYS: BECAUSE WE CAN ALL USE A LITTLE CHAOS IN OUR LIVES

39863176735_f399ce0975_o.jpg

Spoiler

#1673 Sabrblade

Sabrblade
  • Citizen
  • 24754 posts
  • Faction::Maximal

Posted 03 May 2018 - 11:16 PM

OBJECTION!

Now I kind of want an RiD15 Sideswipe decoed in Phoenix Wright colors.

--SoS

Retool his hair so that it points backwards.

"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"
QUOTE(Bass X0 @ Aug 17 2013, 08:20 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think the concept of being educated and being able to educate is something that more people need more of in their lives.

No, we don't all know everything but we should spread and share that what we do know.

If I'm consistently misspelling a word, I would want and expect people to correct me as should I imagine all decent people who know the value of good literacy.

Its just arrogant laziness to know you're spelling a word incorrectly and not correct yourself or ignore the advice when people do tell you how to spell a word correctly.

#1674 RichardT1977

RichardT1977
  • Citizen
  • 301 posts

Posted 04 May 2018 - 10:07 PM

Slash is the deep thinker of the Dinobots (relatively speaking if nothing else), earning her the affectionate nickname of "Philosoraptor" from Ratchet.

I'm stealing this.

#1675 Tindalos

Tindalos
  • Citizen
  • 1627 posts

Posted 07 May 2018 - 03:32 PM

Inspired by discussion in "next comic continuity" threads...

The History of the EDC and GI Joe.

During the last decades of the 20th century the UN noticed how the world was changing. Drastically. Arms companies were manipulating countries into wars just for profit, strange societies were abducting diplomats for unknown reasons, there were even reports drifting in of extra-terrestrial signals being reached, indicating the galaxy was more inhabited (and more belligerent) than previously thought.

They passed a confidential resolution establishing the United Nations Earth Defense Commission, devoted to maintaining the safety of the planet against threats both terrestrial and extra-terrestrial. The (UN)EDC kept watch over global flashpoints, and established a Global Intervention action force, headed up by Joseph Colton, a former US General. Colton started recruiting members from across the globe (including not just typical joes, but the Action Force's more international membership) and started cracking down on the global terrorist forces being hired by companies such as ARBCO, MARS, and IRON. When evidence of extra-terrestrial life has been discovered, Colton has dispatched his GI Joe's (as the EDC has nicknamed them) to recover it, so that the EDC can judge any potential threats or opportunities for Earth.

#1676 SHIELD Agent 47

SHIELD Agent 47

新幹線

• Staff
  • 6511 posts

Posted 09 May 2018 - 11:04 AM

Reminded by some recent GoBots discussion:

On a similar note, I like to headcanon that in universes wherein GoBots / Robotix elements are part of Cybertron's history (à la Animated), the Decepticon flagship Nemesis is named in honor of the Terrakor leader Nemesis.

Visit the Transformers Wiki and the IDW Hasbro Wiki!

#1677 SHIELD Agent 47

SHIELD Agent 47

新幹線

• Staff
  • 6511 posts

Posted Yesterday, 03:00 PM

There is a Space Knight named Blue Ray.

Blue Ray may or may not belong to a species of batoid-style organics. I am yet undecided on that aspect.

Blue Ray may also be affiliated with Depth Charge the spacefaring Eukarian.

Edited by SHIELD Agent 47, Yesterday, 03:04 PM.

Visit the Transformers Wiki and the IDW Hasbro Wiki!

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users