Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  Steevy Maximus : (02 April 2020 - 11:07 AM)

I could never master oral bullshittery. But in my day I was quite adept with the written word.

@  PlutoniumBoss : (01 April 2020 - 11:32 PM)

You have mastered the art of Bulljive. You must use this power only for good, or entertainment.

@  Sabrblade : (01 April 2020 - 08:58 PM)

This morning, for one of my online classes, I had to give a positive oral presentation about a play that I hated having to watch. I went into it completely unprepared and just winged it. My professor LOVED my presentation and thought it was excellent. She believed every word I said and honestly thought that I enjoyed that miserable play. Best April Fools ever!

@  ▲ndrusi : (01 April 2020 - 10:06 AM)

Happy Everyone Thinks They're A Comedian Now Day!

@  Donocropolis : (31 March 2020 - 05:45 AM)

Who, I might add, has never been photographed together with Byteman. Just sayin'.

@  Sabrblade : (30 March 2020 - 10:27 PM)

Bruce Wayne's cyberpunk cousin?

@  PlutoniumBoss : (30 March 2020 - 09:27 PM)

Laser Wayne

@  Sabrblade : (30 March 2020 - 09:08 PM)

Luther Unum

@  PlutoniumBoss : (30 March 2020 - 07:09 PM)

Or Lee Derwon.

@  Steevy Maximus : (30 March 2020 - 06:51 PM)

Not to be confused with Leader I

@  Steevy Maximus : (30 March 2020 - 06:50 PM)

He was Leader Uno

@  Steevy Maximus : (30 March 2020 - 06:50 PM)

He was the OTHER Leader 1

@  TheMightyMol... : (30 March 2020 - 06:29 PM)

Or Sideways.

@  PlutoniumBoss : (30 March 2020 - 05:26 PM)

On the other hand, this is Armada we're talking about. It could have actually been Metroplex.

@  PlutoniumBoss : (28 March 2020 - 11:08 PM)

Oh yeah, that was Fort Max. My bad.

@  LBD "Nyt... : (28 March 2020 - 09:12 PM)

https://tfwiki.net/wiki/Peritus_Maximus

@  LBD "Nyt... : (28 March 2020 - 09:11 PM)

Christmas Maximus?

@  Maximus Ambus : (28 March 2020 - 01:13 PM)

At least the ozone layer is healing. unless this is a 0.0000000001% thing it's sounds like good news.

@  ▲ndrusi : (28 March 2020 - 09:27 AM)

(But only pretty sure, not 100% sure.)

@  ▲ndrusi : (28 March 2020 - 09:26 AM)

Pretty sure y'all were thinking of Fortress Maximus yesterday.

@  Bass X0 : (28 March 2020 - 12:38 AM)

Dare! Dare to believe you can survive 2020!

@  Steevy Maximus : (27 March 2020 - 08:18 PM)

Baja Blast is back at retail!

@  TheMightyMol... : (27 March 2020 - 03:47 PM)

Shame he wasn't around more. He seemed like such a jolly, happy soul.

@  PlutoniumBoss : (27 March 2020 - 02:16 PM)

No, he was definitely Metroplex. You could tell because he was in Metroplex's distinctive red and green coloration.

@  Paladin : (27 March 2020 - 02:11 PM)

that was Leader-1. or possibly Jolt. maybe Grindor...

@  PlutoniumBoss : (27 March 2020 - 01:57 PM)

Metroplex was in Armada, in a flashback. He was the same size as everybody else. I thought that was the joke.

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (27 March 2020 - 12:39 PM)

@Rodimus Supreme: Gah! You are right! How'd I get that mixed up? x.x;

@  TheMightyMol... : (27 March 2020 - 12:14 PM)

There is no Metroplex. Only Zuul.

@  Rodimus Supreme : (27 March 2020 - 11:13 AM)

@Tm_Silverclaw: There is no Armada Metroplex, he was in Cybertron.

@  Rodimus Supreme : (27 March 2020 - 11:12 AM)

And they'd be better off just retooling Metroplex and Fortress Maximus to be somewhat more accurate and changing/adding parts for interaction with later play gimmicks.

@  Rodimus Supreme : (27 March 2020 - 11:11 AM)

I honestly would prefer that for scale purposes.

@  Cyoti : (27 March 2020 - 11:07 AM)

They can redo all the CW combiners as Titan Class figures like Predaking/Devastator.

@  Dekafox : (27 March 2020 - 07:52 AM)

They could just redo Metroplex again too. Especially if it's going to be S3 based. They could also do another Primus to go with the coming Unicron.

@  OverDrive73 : (26 March 2020 - 10:56 PM)

If anyone is bored, or interested... I just added the last chapter to my fanfic comic in Allspark Pictures

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (26 March 2020 - 10:54 PM)

And no.. We could always get Titan Class Superion.

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (26 March 2020 - 10:53 PM)

We need Titan Class Transformers Armada Metroplex.

@  Telly : (26 March 2020 - 08:39 PM)

ill be surprised if scorpy isnt the last titan

@  PlutoniumBoss : (26 March 2020 - 05:57 PM)

Too bad a new character titan class figure is pretty much an impossibility.

@  PlutoniumBoss : (26 March 2020 - 05:56 PM)

I want a titan class, really good looking bucket wheel excavator. Like Cybertron Metroplex was supposed to be but didn't quite pull off.

@  wonko the sane? : (26 March 2020 - 03:32 PM)

I just taped up a shower curtain and took my first shower in three weeks. It was heavenly.

@  Rodimus Supreme : (26 March 2020 - 11:48 AM)

I would buy that...

@  Maximus Ambus : (24 March 2020 - 02:03 PM)

Studio Series 100 Titan Class Driller.

@  Sabrblade : (23 March 2020 - 09:05 PM)

I'll give ya 25 cents, a pack of gum, and some peanuts.

@  TheMightyMol... : (23 March 2020 - 07:35 PM)

I can give ya twenty bucks for it.

@  Paladin : (23 March 2020 - 04:28 PM)

hoarder? I hardly know 'er?

@  Dekafox : (23 March 2020 - 01:52 PM)

FOR THE HORDE!

@  repowers : (23 March 2020 - 01:48 PM)

* hordes shrubberies *

@  Telly : (23 March 2020 - 01:46 PM)

YET...

@  PlutoniumBoss : (23 March 2020 - 01:22 PM)

At least we haven't resorted to shouting "NI" at old ladies.

@  CORVUS : (23 March 2020 - 11:04 AM)

Keep it out, and I won't reply to it.

Photo

Personal Canon Theater

1768 replies to this topic

#81 Octavius Prime

Octavius Prime

Do it, FP

• Citizen
  • 10602 posts
  • Faction::Decepticon

Posted 28 January 2013 - 06:19 PM

My take on the whole DotM Wheeljaq issue is thus:

Wheeljack does his thing, as seen in both Foundation and Rising Storm. The cancelled G1-style remold of the DotM toy woudl represent his Rising Storm body - that is, before he and Mirage get the jive pounded out of them. Wheeljack gets rebuilt, choosing the same altmode, but a different, more "normal" color scheme for his alt mode, and also forgoing using a helmet (his Einstein-style face is what he looks like underneath the helmet/mask - remember, he's about as old as Sentinel, so it works). As his function on Earth has pretty much become Autobot/NEST weaponsmith, this leads to the nickname "Q"/"Que" from the human allies, which Wheeljack gladly embraces, as a certain NEST officer (surname Archer) explains to him that "Wheeljack" sounds like something a criminal would be (in Earth terms).

And dammit I still need to get his DotM toy. Him and both bigger Soundwaves. But it's gonna be expensive.

Edited by Octavius Prime, 28 January 2013 - 06:19 PM.

#82 Jet

Jet

god shits in my dinner once again

• Citizen
  • 24812 posts
  • Faction::Maximal

Posted 28 January 2013 - 06:27 PM

In my personal canon, everyone's a zap-pony, and they eat rainbows and poop robotterflies.

#83 Shadoman

Shadoman
  • Citizen
  • 2309 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 07:10 PM

I have some fanon for the Robots in disguise universe, which takes stuff from early rumors which may or may not be true, and some of my own ideas. RiD Prime and his crew are all Autobots or possibly Maximals(the difference is easier considering they're Car robots selves are just all Cybertrons) from the Beast era future. They chase the Predacons from the future back in time. they take the guise of Autobots from a point in history where almost no Transformers are active on earth. Their Car robots names are their "real" names, while their RiD names are ones they assume on Earth. Granted, this would lead to some suspicion from the Autobots and their human allies when they return to earth and find out there's reports of Optimus Prime, but he's a fire truck, fighting Megatron, who's a six-changer for some reason. But the Autobots try to remain mostly in disguise, and by removing as many traces as they can, the G1 autobot's attempts and finding out more would be chalked up to some rogue Decepticons causing havoc.

Giga/Megatron belongs to the same criminal gang Megatron does, under Cryotek. After Megatron steals the golden disk an escapes back in time, a bunch of ther Predacons follow his example. BWII Galvatron and BWN Magmatron are among these criminals, too, which leads to the events of BWII and BWN, and RiD. all these events happen before Beast Machines.

A bunch of the non-show characters are recruits active on earth. Sometime after the final episode, Megatron manages to escape with the Decepticons from the prison they end up in. Having lost his multi-changing ability, he instead opts for a new body Cryotek was designing originally intended for BW Megatron; the Megabolt body. He'd use this to attempt to take control of Fortress Maximus (yeah, having him use a body intended for BW/M Megatron is a tad goofy, but I wanted to use EVERY bit of the RiD toyline I could.) Scourge is downgraded to his Hero Optimus repaint mold,and they return to 2000 AD Earth. to continue doing damage, with a new fleet of Decepticons (Like Smokejumper, Dreadwind,Bludgeon and the rest) , the commandos(in their Wal-Mart color scheme) and Bruticus. The Autobots, and some new recruits (including the 03 Dinobots) chase them back in time. Fighting ensues, Autobots win, etc.

The reason Storm Jet and the Autobot 3-pack look like Vehicons is because they're from the future and haven't scanned Earth modes, staying in their Cybertronian forms. Those vehicles and robot modes were standard-issue on Cybertron in the Pax Cybertronia era, even before Megatron used those forms for his Vehicon drones (hence why the Maximals in Beast Machines aren't amazed by the Vehicons being so different looking) Optimus Primal's inter-dimensional ghost helps out during the final battle, and guides them back to Cybertron after the great reformatting. Then, something like the events of the Universe comic happens, etc.

__

For the Unicron Trilogy, all three series exist within the same timeline, but the Unicron singularity heavily altered history. The events of Energon still happened in some capacity, but the Autobot and human alliance was far more secretive. The reason the events of Energon were more effected by the singularity is because those were more recent, hence the singularity altered them first. Had it not been stopped, presumably time would further unravel to alter the events of Armada, too, and further on, until the whole universe was undone to the point of Unicron first appearing.

___
In the Prime verse, something very similar to the FoC/WfC games happened. Then, eventually, they make it to earth, an a secret war ensues. During this time, something similar to the events of the 07 movie occurs, and then something similar to the events of the G1 cartoon occur. during this time Autobot and Decepticon ranks were possibly larger than what we see in the show now.They also had different forms, somewhat similar to their G1 looks(like the images from the Aligned bible, somewhat) as the war went on , they continuously upgraded their bodies, hence why Soundwave went from large and bulky to his Prime incarnation.

While the Cybertron games are a definite connection, and the TF07 connection was mentioned in the past(I believe Kurzman and Orci said something like those events happened in Prime, but I forget where I heard than), the last bit is just something I like to think. Someone mentioned that you can almost take Prime as a sequel to the G1 cartoon's first two seasons(with a lot of discrepancies, of course), and I find that idea pretty cool, if totally wrong.

Edited by Shadoman, 28 January 2013 - 07:21 PM.

#84 Fear or Courage

Fear or Courage

Do I compel you?

• Citizen
  • 2138 posts
  • Faction::Autobot

Posted 28 January 2013 - 08:39 PM

See, in my head, when it came to RID, I just gave everyone their Japanese names, since they were all non-G1 names.

My version of the story is that RID is set in the year 2000, after Megatron retreats from Earth. Optimus Prime takes the fight to Cybertron, but is smart enough to leave guardians behind to protect the Earth, in the form of Fire Convoy and company.

Sure enough, Gigatron and the Predacons arrive through a Transwarp portal, fleeing a post-Beast-Machines techno-Organic Cybertron, which is why they have partially organic beast bodies. Their plan is to take the Earth for themselves, preventing Autobot City from being built, and giving Prime and company nowhere to retreat to when they lose Cybertron to the Decepticons.

Of course, Gigatron assumed that three centuries of innovation meant that whatever primitive Autobots remained on Earth would easily fall before him. He was wrong, but smart enough to have a backup plan in the form of a secret cache of Decepticon protoforms left behind by Megatron, from which he creates Black Convoy and his Decepticons.

#85 Fortress Ironhold

Fortress Ironhold

Blasphemer

• Banned
  • 20567 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 09:03 PM

QUOTE(Fear or Courage @ Jan 28 2013, 09:37 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
All G1 characters 1986 and later that have "futuristic" altmodes (Hot Rod, Arcee, Springer, etc.) are actually still in their Cybertronian forms.

That's how I've always had it, too.

It would make sense for guys like Magnus to have an Earthen alt mode (he was the commander of Autobot City and so the "face" of the Autobots for some time) and for a number of the Decepticons (who were all regarded as criminals by most of the nations on Earth) to have Earthen alternate modes, but the rest would have either been left back on Cybertron up until incidents in the timeskip forced them to flee to Earth with the others (like Kup, Pointblank, Crosshairs, Sureshot, Springer) or would have been too "young" and inexperienced to have been considered for the trip in the first place (like Hot Rod, Arcee, Blurr, Fastlane, Cloudraker).

The exception to this would be the Pretenders, as they likely figured that their human or beast disguises would have nullified the need to disguise their alt modes.

#86 A Tree

A Tree
  • Supporter
  • 28864 posts
  • Faction::Lesbian Ninja

Posted 28 January 2013 - 10:37 PM

Cyclonus is his armada.

dznwjievmaanw90kooil.png

#87 Starfield

Starfield
  • Citizen
  • 1355 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 10:50 PM

QUOTE(Fortress Ironhold @ Jan 28 2013, 09:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
All G1 characters 1986 and later that have "futuristic" altmodes (Hot Rod, Arcee, Springer, etc.) are actually still in their Cybertronian forms.

It would make sense for guys like Magnus to have an Earthen alt mode (he was the commander of Autobot City and so the "face" of the Autobots for some time) and for a number of the Decepticons (who were all regarded as criminals by most of the nations on Earth) to have Earthen alternate modes, but the rest would have either been left back on Cybertron up until incidents in the timeskip forced them to flee to Earth with the others (like Kup, Pointblank, Crosshairs, Sureshot, Springer) or would have been too "young" and inexperienced to have been considered for the trip in the first place (like Hot Rod, Arcee, Blurr, Fastlane, Cloudraker).

The exception to this would be the Pretenders, as they likely figured that their human or beast disguises would have nullified the need to disguise their alt modes.

In the cartoon, Transformers didn't do much in the way of intentionally changing their bodies. At least not on-screen. I can't think of any examples. The Ark crew was rebuilt from broken parts. The Insecticons automatically adapted for survival reasons. Is it fannon to say that the 1985 characters were always aboard the Ark but just took longer to repair, or is OK to assume that is what happened? I guess that wouldn't entirely explain the Decepticons, unless Teletraan 1 made the same mistake again.

Ultra Magnus must have intentionally took on an Earth mode at some point, but he might be the only one, ever.

#88 Fear or Courage

Fear or Courage

Do I compel you?

• Citizen
  • 2138 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 11:34 PM

QUOTE(Starfield @ Jan 28 2013, 10:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE(Fortress Ironhold @ Jan 28 2013, 09:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

In the cartoon, Transformers didn't do much in the way of intentionally changing their bodies. At least not on-screen. I can't think of any examples. The Ark crew was rebuilt from broken parts. The Insecticons automatically adapted for survival reasons. Is it fannon to say that the 1985 characters were always aboard the Ark but just took longer to repair, or is OK to assume that is what happened? I guess that wouldn't entirely explain the Decepticons, unless Teletraan 1 made the same mistake again.

Ultra Magnus must have intentionally took on an Earth mode at some point, but he might be the only one, ever.

Far as I know, there *is* no official explanation for the origins of the '85 guys with Earth modes, so your fanon is as good as mine. The only official explanation given on the series is that Omega Supreme arrived on Earth off-camera after tracking the Constructicons there.

My personal canon is that, as a transport 'bot, he brought the '85 Autobots with him when he arrived. The 'Cons just showed up after catching wind that their long lost leader had returned. In my head, that'd mean they did intentionally adopt Earth modes.

You're right, though, and I never thought of it that way; I don't think anyone on the series was ever intentionally shown on screen purposely adopting an altmode for disguise.

#89 Shadoman

Shadoman
  • Citizen
  • 2309 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 12:05 AM

QUOTE(Fear or Courage @ Jan 28 2013, 08:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
See, in my head, when it came to RID, I just gave everyone their Japanese names, since they were all non-G1 names.

My version of the story is that RID is set in the year 2000, after Megatron retreats from Earth. Optimus Prime takes the fight to Cybertron, but is smart enough to leave guardians behind to protect the Earth, in the form of Fire Convoy and company.

Sure enough, Gigatron and the Predacons arrive through a Transwarp portal, fleeing a post-Beast-Machines techno-Organic Cybertron, which is why they have partially organic beast bodies. Their plan is to take the Earth for themselves, preventing Autobot City from being built, and giving Prime and company nowhere to retreat to when they lose Cybertron to the Decepticons.

Of course, Gigatron assumed that three centuries of innovation meant that whatever primitive Autobots remained on Earth would easily fall before him. He was wrong, but smart enough to have a backup plan in the form of a secret cache of Decepticon protoforms left behind by Megatron, from which he creates Black Convoy and his Decepticons.

The Preds being post-Beast Machines is an idea I really like. Also, sidenote, did it ever bother anyone that the Autobots never tried to reach out to the commandos ;them being originally Autobot explorers? It always felt it bit cold to me that they just left them to Megatron.

Oh, here's another one: Sky Lynx's bizarre robot-mode comes from his space exploration; he found a race of odd pterodactyl-like aliens who employed lynx-like beasts for a variety of tasks. Sky lynx lived among them for a while to do research, and adopted a form to better interact with them. By the end of his time there, he ended up liking the form so much, he decided to keep it. Basically, he's the equivalent of a trust fund kiddie who went backpacking in Europe and now feels "enlightened" icon-fire.gif. Most of the other Autobots find it ridiculous, but wouldn't dare tell him that.

#90 Terrortron

Terrortron
  • Citizen
  • 390 posts
  • Faction::RIBFIR

Posted 29 January 2013 - 10:59 AM

I like to use a heavily modified JG1 timeline, it still needs a bit of tweaking, but here goes:

G1: Millions of Years ago

64 Cybertron Urban Defense Robot GADEP (pack in)
Wings of Honor
The Coming Storm/Flames of Yesterday/A Team Effort
Battlelines
Decepticon Aerospace Warrior Sunstorm (pack in)
Micromasters Miniseries (DW)

G1: Hundreds of Years Ago

Tale of the Pretenders

G1: 1981-2065

Micromaster (pack ins)
Season One
Joyride (story)
Decepticon Leader Megatron Black Ver. (pack in)
MC Axis Arcee
MC Axis Elita-1
Season 2
Redemption Center (story)
Mars Attacks the Transformers
Fight! Super Robot Lifeform Transformers (manga)
Scramble City
Full Throttle Scramble Power! (manga)
The Stargate Battles (manga)
*Robots In Disguise/Robots in Disguise (Comic)*
Battle Beneath the Ice
The Transformers (comic Madman)
Collect and Save (story)
Transformers: The Movie/Rodimus vs. Cyclonus
S3
MC Axis Hot Rod
Destron Doppleganger Black Rodimus Convoy
The Story of Super Robot Lifeforms: The Transformers (manga)
Two for the Price of One (story)
The Great Transformer War (manga)
Transformers 3-D (Comic) 1&2
Headmasters cartoon
Headmasters Manga
Great Decisive Battle of Planet Beast! (manga)
Masterforce
Victory
Zone
The Battlestars (manga)
Operation Combination/United EX
G2 (Pack-in Comics)
Robot Masters
Hybrid style Convoy Black Version (pack-in)
MP-1B Cybertron Commander/Convoy Black Ver. (pack-in)
MP-3G Destron Air Commander/ Starscream Ghost Ver. (pack-in)
Mirage's Rebirth
Starscream's Ambition
Starscream's New Body

Pax Cybertronia/Car Robots Era:

*Robots in Disguise*
Descent into Evil
Intimidation Game

Beast Era:

The Razor's Edge prologue
The Razor's Edge
Theft of the Golden Disk
Dawn of Future's Past
Beast wars S1/Beast Wars II/The Maximal Brainwashing Project
Beast Wars S2/Beast Wars Neo
Beast Wars S3
Ain't No Rat
Beast Machines S1
Prime Spark (Story)
Beast Machines S2/Singularity Ablyss (story)

Kiss Players was omitted to do away with the 5 year time discrepancy between US and JP and some other odds and ends like the DW Micromasters mini, were jammed in there where they fit.

Needed: Missile for Movie 1 Jolt

#91 Bass X0

Bass X0
  • Citizen
  • 43984 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 06:36 PM

European Rescue Force are Shattered Glass Breast Force. Same names as their Breast Force counterparts.

Just because you can't win doesn't mean you stop working.

#92 Fear or Courage

Fear or Courage

Do I compel you?

• Citizen
  • 2138 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 08:43 PM

Watching early Victory episodes for the first time, I got to thinking. Deathsaurus isn't really the new Decepticon leader. Huddling in his single starship, raiding the Earth, he's just a puffed-up warlord who happened to assemble a particularly competent group of Decepticons, and goes around proclaiming himself the new Emperor of Destruction. I imagine the rest of the scattered Decepticon ranks either don't care, or just politely smile and do their own thing.

And really, I'm imagining that at this point in JG1, the Decepticons are fragmented and scattered, thanks to a steady downward spiral in leadership. Galvatron managed to get his house together in Headmasters (as a side theory, his competence in Headmasters versus his lackluster S3 performance is due to his insanity being cured by the Matrix in the Return of Optimus Prime), but he was replaced by newcomer Scorpinock, who suffered a massive defeat on Earth. After that, glowing alien space being Devil Z takes over by brainwashing him. I imagine at this point, the Decepticons began to scatter, particularly since the weird glowing energy ball seemed preoccupied with Earth. By the time of Victory, the 'Cons have broken up into scattered little fiefdoms across the cosmos, without unity, unsure even of a combined cause. Deathsaurus and his gang are pretty much just a particularly boisterous group who think they're more important than they are.

#93 Cybersnark

Cybersnark

Sorry I'm late. Had to get my powersuit.

• Citizen
  • 11548 posts
  • Faction::Equestrian

Posted 30 January 2013 - 01:28 PM

Archibald Witwicky found the Underbase Cube, where it landed in the arctic.

William Irving Witwicky served as a mechanic in the USMC during the Korean War, earning the nickname Sparkplug.

When he came home, his marriage fell apart, and his wife (Christine) ended up with custody of their two boys, Ben (whom Sparkplug insisted on calling "Spike"), and Ronald ("Buster"). Sparkplug drifted from job to job, eventually ending up on an oil rig owned by Blackrock Petroleum.

Spike didn't really get along with his mom or with his brother, and eventually ran away, seeking out his father. Sparkplug and his ex-wife worked out a new agreement, allowing Spike to work at the oil rig (technically, he still "lived with" his mother, but he could stay on the rig as long as he was employed).

When Spike and Sparkplug got caught up in the Transformers' war, they both made the decision to keep Ron and Christine out of it to protect them. It was Spike and Sparkplug who suggested reaching out to G.B. Blackrock and trading Cybertronian tech for fuel.

Meanwhile, Sector Seven mobilized a military unit (G.I. Joe) to deal with the "alien threat." As did the Russians and pretty much every other player in the Cold War. As the Transformer threat grew, these multinational factions grudgingly banded together under the Earth Defense Command (while still secretly working against each other --effectively crippling any chance of a unified defense of Earth).

(When the USSR collapsed, Sector Seven seized all the KGB black assets they could grab, essentially becoming the Earth's primary line of defense.)

Carly was originally studying to be a marine biologist when she and Spike first met (she's always had an interest in sci-fi, and deep-sea life was the closest she could come to studying aliens). When she met the Transformers (and realized that she could be studying actual aliens), she switched majors to electronics and computers (and hired Spike as a tutor to ease the transition).

"Autobot City" was actually a Blackrock-owned industrial facility (far enough away from civilization that TFs could walk around in robot mode without being seen). Blackrock was proud of the fact that the City had better security than Area 51 (because a private company can pay more than a mere government). Blackrock hired Spike, Sparkplug, Carly, and Chip Chase, and quietly rearranged his company's holdings to accomodate his extraterrestrial partners.

Over time, Carly has become Earth's greatest authority on Cybertronian "cybiology." She's figured out things that even most Transformers themselves don't know (unlike many Cybertronians, she's perfectly willing to study "black box" tech [like T-cogs] and attempt to reproduce it).

Spike and Carly married and produced Daniel. Meanwhile, Ron married Judy and produced Sam. When Sparkplug finally passed away, Ron and Spike ended up arguing over his estate (he had willed everything to Spike, but Ron['s lawyers] insisted that at least half of it was theirs his). Ron's portion included the possessions of Archibald Witwicky, including the glasses.

(Ron never wanted anything to do with Spike or Sparkplug [and he made sure Sam felt the same way]; they were the black sheep of the family, always going on about their crazy conspiracy theories and drifting all over the country like vagabonds. Ron was the one putting down roots and supporting his family, like a real man.)

Spike, meanwhile, is currently the director of Blackrock Security Services; a private military contractor that uses state-of-the-art technology and techniques to keep peace, provide security against terrorists and criminal groups, bolster government military operations, and provide convenient deniability for any unexplained combat that may or may not involve giant robots.

After the Decepticons were forced off Earth, the Autobots staged a covert operation to destroy the Cybertronian technology held by the EDC. the EDC threatened to seize Blackrock's assets if the Autobots did not leave Earth. Officially, the Autobots left Earth by 2000, and the EDC was dissolved. Unofficially, a small unit of Autobot scouts remained behind in hiding, supported by Blackrock's front companies.

Various temporary incursions (the RiD, Armada, Energon, and Cybertron campaigns) occured between 2000 and 2006, largely unsupported by Blackrock and actively opposed/covered up by Sector Seven. During this time, Blackrock reached out to various human allies after-the-fact, recruiting the likes of Drs. Onishi, Jones, and Suzuki (and buying out Alternergy, turning it into Blackrock Environmental Alternatives).

While Rad, Carlos, and others have benefitted from Blackrock's covert help (through scholarships and internships ["At Blackrock, we are the Human Alliance, and we look after our own"]), Alexis has instead gone rogue. Her friendship with Starscream was a life-changing event for them both, and Alexis found herself unable to stand by while Decepticon culture is exterminated (the Autobots might be benevolent imperialists, but they are imperialists nonetheless).

When the Decepticons arrived seeking the Underbase (and the Autobots realized that the Witwicky family had a connection), Spike tried to reach out to his estranged brother --even as Hubcap (trying to be a hero) was making direct contact with Sam.

After the Underbase debacle (through which Alexis actively assisted the Decepticons as an infiltrator), Sector Seven was formally dissolved by Executive Order, and NEST was formed, forging a direct alliance between the Autobots and the US military. While NEST was originally American, Optimus pushed for increased international cooperation.

After Sector Seven was dissolved, many of its former members banded together with foreign allies (ex-KGB, ex-Mossad, etc) to create their own international agency; MECH (the Military Earth Command Headquarters), believing that alien technology belonged in human hands, and under the control of those willing to use it "properly."

Currently, NEST is officially headed by an Administrator appointed by the UN Security Council, though NEST and the Director are subordinate to the leaders of any NEST signatory nations (which is why they usually end up taking orders from the Americans [in the person of William Fowler] anyway).

In theory, Optimus and the Autobots are subordinate to the Director, being "guests" on Earth. Many Autobots have problems with this (as do some humans, who respect Optimus-the-soldier more than a politically-appointed Administrator). Thus, Autobots are often placed under heavy-handed restrictions (humans get twitchy about "machines" with built-in heavy weapons being given free reign to come and go as they please).

It's all but certain that there are MECH sympathizers inside NEST.

Optimus also took steps to ensure that the Diego Garcia base is staffed by a large number of (security-cleared) Chagossian volunteers. It's not a full repopulation, but at the moment, it's all Optimus can do --like Griffin Rock, Diego Garcia is a testbed community; a seed of the future where humans and Autobots can truly coexist openly.

Alexis is technically with NEST as a "consultant" --her Decepticon sympathies are publically-known, and the fact that Optimus has personally vouched for her is probably the only thing keeping her from being locked up and/or accidentally stepped-on. She serves as a liaison to Starscream's more moderate Decepticon faction (who accept Earth as neutral territory and share the desire to limit collateral damage).

#94 Bass X0

Bass X0
  • Citizen
  • 43984 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 02:25 PM

Well not personal canon, but more preferred appearance if I were an artist.

Buster, Jesse and "O" would use the character models for 90s cartoon Spiderman Peter Parker, Mary Jane and Harry Osborne. Blackrock would look identical to Tony Stark.

Just because you can't win doesn't mean you stop working.

#95 Servitor 2152

Servitor 2152

Dancing helper-bot

• Citizen
  • 1859 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 04:55 PM

I love your Grand Unified Theory of Transformers Continuity, Cybersnark. icon-hotrod.gif

Interested in getting TFSS 3.0 Carzap, Nacelle, or G2 Starscream for $50 plus shipping?  PM me if so.

#96 Fear or Courage

Fear or Courage

Do I compel you?

• Citizen
  • 2138 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 10:23 PM

The Machine Wars Botcon set reminded me of some old headcanon about that.

At the end of G2, the worst Decepticons were held in a prison on Cybertron. However, they managed a daring escape courtesy of Megaplex that involved removing their sparks from their bodies and placing them in new forms, thus allowing them temporary disguise and freedom. However, it was luck of the draw who got what, which is why we have a tiny Megatron and a gigantic Starscream, and forms that don't really resemble their old bodies. They make their escape from Cybertron, intending to settle on another world and begin building a new Decepticon empire there.

It's up to a retired Orion Pax (hence the lack of faceplate) to track them down. Cybertron is tired of war, and the new generation of Transformers wants nothing to do with the ancient conflicts, so he has to assemble meager crew of some of his Old Guard to go after them.

During the conflict, when things get hairy, Megatron winds up abandoning Soundwave. Subsequently, he's sucked through a dimensional portal to the Universe conflict, where Unicron upgrades him a little bit into the Universe 1.0 repaint of his MW mold, and makes him the new Decepticon leader after Razorclaw's defeat.

Though the Universe conflict doesn't end well, Soundwave still swears a new loyalty to Unicron, since his old master abandoned him. Subsequently, he's upgraded into his Cybertron body, and becomes a secret herald of Unicron's in something resembling the Unicron Trilogy continuity.

Edited by Fear or Courage, 06 February 2013 - 10:24 PM.

#97 Cybersnark

Cybersnark

Sorry I'm late. Had to get my powersuit.

• Citizen
  • 11548 posts
  • Faction::Equestrian

Posted 07 February 2013 - 12:00 PM

Swerve is vital.

His function as a metallurgist means that he's one of the few surviving mechs who can create Cybertonium alloy. Cybertonium is a type of memory-metal, incorporating a carefully-organized molecularly-bonded crystalline structure --in its "raw" state, it's as malleable as normal sheet-metal, but when a charge is run through it, it becomes a diamond-hard shell, capable of absorbing the kind of damage that Transformers can mete out (which is why Transformer armour tends to crack instead of dent).

It turns out that all the raw materials are available on Earth (Transformer armour is basically a copper-steel/nitinol/aluminum/resin mesh [different types for different uses; some are stronger, some are more elastic, some are more/less conductive, etc], incorporating structured carbon nanotubes as a flexible lattice "skeleton"). Unfortunately, Earth technology isn't (yet) capable of the kind of nano-scale production needed to craft it in large quantities.

This is significant, because humans seem to have accidentally stumbled curiously close; Damascus steel has the same sort of carbon nanotubes (though they aren't precision-engineered).

Most curiously, the "orgonite" used by more credulous New-Agers incorporates many of the same elements as Cybertonium, just completely unstructured (as if someone knew the raw materials needed and just threw them into a blender). Some claim that orgonite is is based on orichalcum, an Atlantean metal many times harder than diamond --suggesting Cybertronian intervention in human prehistory.

#98 lastmaximal

lastmaximal

Cyber Key Power...linx!

• Staff
  • 14319 posts
  • Faction::Minicon

Posted 07 February 2013 - 09:59 PM

I have no idea how specifically to incorporate that into my 'verse, Cybersnark, but that is awesome and the nth thing I have copied from you. icon-fire.gif

SO OKAY IT'S AVERAGE
Virtually every custom as good as the title suggests!
SoOkayItsAverage.2.gif

#99 Tindalos

Tindalos
  • Citizen
  • 1895 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 01:50 AM

Right, since this thread has been popping back up, here's some of my thoughts.

Modern Cybertronian history only starts with the end of the Age of Wrath, when cybertron was enslaved by monstrous entities. Unfortunately depictions of these entities were obliterated from all contemporary art and sculpture by the Cybertronians when they won their freedom.

Of course, most Cybertronians are sure that there was a great and noble history before that, and it's true there's the occasional ruin or artifact believed to predate the age of wrath. However, during the enslavement, there was wide scale eco-structuring of Cybertron, resulting in the destruction of any pre-existing civilization.

The modern civilization of Cybertron was eventually united under a senate system, with a senator coming from each major settlement on the planet. The leader of the senate was the Prime, the first amongst equals on Cybertron.
Of course, as time went on the Prime gained and lost power, in some eras being the single authority on Cybertron, at other times being merely a figure head.

Eventually, several thousand vorns later, the Covenant of Primus was uncovered. The Covenant being the great history of Cybertron, detailing what happened before the Age of Wrath. It's discovery helped unite various religious and social disputes that were taking place at the time, and cemented the Prime's position as the ruler of Cybertron.
Some regarded the Covenant as too convenient, a tool to grant the Primes unshakable power, and while this feeling has never truely disappeared, the Primacy has survived until the modern day.

Edited by Tindalos, 08 February 2013 - 01:50 AM.

#100 Mako Crab

Mako Crab
  • Citizen
  • 3716 posts
  • Faction::Maximal

Posted 08 February 2013 - 03:35 AM

QUOTE(Fortress Ironhold @ Nov 14 2011, 10:32 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Energon: 90% of the episodes would be tossed in favor of both a more streamlined plot and an actual explanation as to why so much of the cast was so messed up in the head.

That's cool. I would do the same. But if you dump 90% of the episodes, why not just write them properly and make them *not* messed up in the head?

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users