Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  Rycochet : (26 June 2017 - 06:50 PM)

Because people want some approximation of the look and feel of the vintage console and playing experience? It's not like the Mini-Snes is being produced instead of these games being released on the switch VC, that'll happen eventually anyway

@  RichardT1977 : (26 June 2017 - 06:39 PM)

Sega did it with some of their Genesis titles for the PS3 and XBox 360, and Midway did the same. Several times.

@  RichardT1977 : (26 June 2017 - 06:39 PM)

Instead of making classic consoles with classic games built in, why not release those games in classic sets for the Switch?

@  Rycochet : (26 June 2017 - 06:25 PM)

The fate of 2002 MOTU still makes me sad, I loved that line.

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (26 June 2017 - 05:59 PM)

Bah. There are many many toys rarer than Movieverse toys. Any character that wasn't He-Man or Skeletor for instance! :)

@  Paladin : (26 June 2017 - 05:16 PM)

Nintendo consoles are the only things rarer than new waves of Movieverse toys.

@  Telly : (26 June 2017 - 04:12 PM)

*nevermind*

@  TM2-Megatron : (26 June 2017 - 03:48 PM)

Nintendo claims they'll be producing "significantly more" units of the SNES, so maybe there's a chance. It'd be better this time if they just took pre-orders, and based their production on that

@  Dracula : (26 June 2017 - 03:46 PM)

Nobody is getting that.

@  Bass X0 : (26 June 2017 - 03:10 PM)

Anyone getting the SNES Classic with StarFox 2?

@  RichardT1977 : (26 June 2017 - 01:56 PM)

Office: Submarine!

@  Robowang : (26 June 2017 - 01:52 PM)

SUBMARINE ACTION

@  Robowang : (26 June 2017 - 01:51 PM)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/-/172749564060?ssPageName=STRK:MESE:IT

@  Arazyr : (26 June 2017 - 11:03 AM)

Preorders just got posted at BBTS...

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (26 June 2017 - 09:52 AM)

I have yet to see any TR wave 5 items at retail in my area, only in Internet reports from overseas.

@  unluckiness : (26 June 2017 - 09:28 AM)

They're clogging shelves here, which is odd. I expected the Generations toys to be somewhat cut down in favor of movie stuff.

@  Pennpenn : (26 June 2017 - 08:11 AM)

I dunno, I got a bunch of "Blitzwing and Octone cosplaying as Megatron and Optimus Prime" in my local TRU, does that help?

@  Paladin : (26 June 2017 - 07:52 AM)

so will TitanReturns Blitzwing & Octone ever actually come out or have they just vanished into neverland?

@  Dekafox : (26 June 2017 - 07:10 AM)

With explosions instead of pouches and pockets.

@  Nevermore : (26 June 2017 - 02:45 AM)

Michael Bay is the Rob Liefeld of the movie industry.

@  PlutoniumBoss : (26 June 2017 - 02:25 AM)

I took a mega-deuce once. It was quite the epic battle.

@  TheMightyMol... : (26 June 2017 - 02:01 AM)

Now if we could explode Justin Bieber, I might pay to watch it.

@  NotVeryKnightly : (25 June 2017 - 11:47 PM)

Bieber isn't nearly as over-the-top as explosions director.

@  Bass X0 : (25 June 2017 - 11:35 PM)

Michael Bay is Justin Bieber of the movie industry- everyone makes fun out of his over- the- top -style but he keeps pulling in huge amounts of money

@  Noideaforaname : (25 June 2017 - 11:03 PM)

<--- stifled laughter

@  Sean Whitmore : (25 June 2017 - 10:56 PM)

Ah crap, I typed that into the chat thing and not the search field. Disregard.

@  Sean Whitmore : (25 June 2017 - 10:55 PM)

Twin peak

@  Noideaforaname : (25 June 2017 - 07:29 PM)

Nitro Ze-us, Nitro Ze-us! Nitro Ze-us, Nitro Ze-us, ooooh Nitro Ze-us!

@  Patchouli Kn... : (25 June 2017 - 07:26 PM)

Exactly what I was going for!

@  NotVeryKnightly : (25 June 2017 - 07:25 PM)

Dr. Zaius Dr. Zaius

@  Patchouli Kn... : (25 June 2017 - 07:10 PM)

Ah.

@  Dracula : (25 June 2017 - 07:07 PM)

It's pronounced like Megadeus

@  Patchouli Kn... : (25 June 2017 - 06:59 PM)

Is the "Zeus" pronounced like "Zoose" or "Zayus?"

@  Dracula : (25 June 2017 - 05:47 PM)

sorry I saw the name and just got excited

@  Dracula : (25 June 2017 - 05:47 PM)

NITRO ZEUS

@  Paladin : (25 June 2017 - 06:57 AM)

nobody here has moved past Wave 1. maybe if they hadn't crammed it with repaints....

@  Noideaforaname : (25 June 2017 - 06:46 AM)

Nitro's gonna be a pain in the butt to find, isn't he?

@  Pennpenn : (25 June 2017 - 03:51 AM)

Actually, on the subject of TLK toys, the voyager Nitro Zues or whatver looks pretty good. If I see it cheap I might give it to the Thunderwing head.

@  Pennpenn : (24 June 2017 - 09:58 PM)

Been playing a bit of Saints Row 4 and honestly the Blast Blast is hilariously overpowered.

@  Rycochet : (24 June 2017 - 05:28 PM)

And a better headsculpt.

@  unluckiness : (24 June 2017 - 05:23 PM)

It actually has half decent gimmicks too.

@  TheMightyMol... : (24 June 2017 - 04:03 PM)

It's still crap but at least it takes up less space.

@  Rycochet : (24 June 2017 - 10:31 AM)

I'd rather have Armada Sideswipe than Alternator Sideswipe.

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (24 June 2017 - 09:50 AM)

What he's really doing is buying all the sideswipe, so that after the apocolypse.. He'll have an army to take ove the world!

@  unluckiness : (24 June 2017 - 09:00 AM)

We could be taking this the wrong way. What if this person means to sacrifice their own money to prevent Armada Sideswipes from falling into the hands of those who don't know better?

@  Rycochet : (24 June 2017 - 06:26 AM)

People say silly things online all the time, usually followed by a smilie or a wink. Take away the context and they go from being a joke to absurd hyperbole.

@  TheMightyMol... : (24 June 2017 - 06:07 AM)

But that would miss the entire point of hyperbole.

@  Pennpenn : (24 June 2017 - 06:03 AM)

Well that's a stupid attitude from someone who would waste a lot of money. I mean, they should just... not buy movie toys?

@  Bass X0 : (24 June 2017 - 04:52 AM)

Most insane thing I read of the day: "I would rather buy 100 Armada Sideswipes and PRiD Airachnids than buy any Bayformers crap"

@  Nevermore : (23 June 2017 - 06:10 PM)

His dialogue is full of allusions to his infamous lookalike, though sometimes as subversions. Oh, and sometimes he sings Karaoke. Check his rendition of "My Way", it's on Youtube.

Photo
* * * * - 1 votes

Personal canon theater

1263 replies to this topic

#941 LV!

LV!

A tendency to speak in jest

• Citizen
  • 11429 posts

Posted 12 January 2017 - 11:31 AM

Rodimus has a collection of human tongues, labeled and stored in a secret freezer.

#942 ▲ndrusi

▲ndrusi

Praise be to Stakeout.

• Apprentice Staff
  • 24523 posts
  • Faction::Autobot

Posted 12 January 2017 - 02:00 PM

Nobody's sure why he thought his copy of Rosetta Stone needed to be kept cold.

QUOTE(orionpax44 @ Jun 24 2012, 01:03 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Childrens toys? whaa the boxes seriously say ages 5+ I consider myself the plus.
QUOTE(mx-01 archon @ Sep 9 2012, 01:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You're talking to ▲ndrusi. Assume everything that he posts is snark.

#943 zephyrX9

zephyrX9
  • Citizen
  • 1292 posts
  • Location:London, a small village on Mars, just outside the capital city, Wbbl.
  • Faction::Cannonball's Pirate Crew

Posted 19 January 2017 - 03:45 PM

The Solstar Order and the Quintessons have a very Cybermen-Dalek relationship.

"You have declared war upon the Solstar Order."

"This is not a war, this is pest control!"

"We have 5 million Knights. How many are you?"

"Four."

"You would destroy the Solstar Order with four Quintessons?"

"We would destroy the Solstar Order with one Quintesson! You are superior in only one respect."

"What is that?"

"You are better at dying."

#944 zephyrX9

zephyrX9
  • Citizen
  • 1292 posts
  • Location:London, a small village on Mars, just outside the capital city, Wbbl.

Posted 24 January 2017 - 02:40 AM

Since watching Power Rangers: Lightspeed Rescue, I can only think of Hot Spot as being Carter Grayson.

So please imagine him shooting at Bruticus and Menasor with just his pistols and ramming Overlord in his truck mode.

#945 Locoman

Locoman

meow

• Citizen
  • 1768 posts
  • Faction::Maximal

Posted 26 January 2017 - 09:54 AM

Beast Wars: Uprising Thunderwing was active on Earth before the humans kicked the Transformers off-planet. When he merged with the Underbase during the Rending, the database absorbed his memories of Earth's biodiversity and used them as the template on which to pattern Cybertron's emerging mechanimal life - hence the many Earth-analogue species running around in 2384.

"He learned, almost too late, that man is a feeling creature and, because of it, the greatest in the universe. He learned, too late for himself, that men have to make their own way, to make their own mistakes. There can't be any gift of perfection from outside ourselves. And, when men seek such perfection, they find there's only death, fire, loss, disillusionment, the end of everything that's gone forward. Men have always sought an end to toil and misery. It can't be given; it has to be achieved. There is hope, but it has to come from inside, from man himself."

#946 SHIELD Agent 47

SHIELD Agent 47

Knight of Infinity

• Apprentice Staff
  • 2983 posts

Posted 26 January 2017 - 02:42 PM

Earth animals as the basis of mechanimals? Jurassic Park is real!

#947 lastmaximal

lastmaximal

Cyber Key Power...linx!

• Citizen
  • 12155 posts
  • Faction::Minicon

Posted 26 January 2017 - 09:13 PM

Nobody's sure why he thought his copy of Rosetta Stone needed to be kept cold.

Drift teased him about linguistics being uncool.

SO OKAY IT'S AVERAGE
Virtually every custom as good as the title suggests!
SoOkayItsAverage.2.gif

#948 Tindalos

Tindalos
  • Citizen
  • 1268 posts

Posted 27 January 2017 - 08:14 AM

The Titan Masters date back to the pre-historic time of gods, Primes, demons, Predacons, and other legendary beings. During this age, the colossal City-forming Titans strode about the surface of Cybertron, due to the plentiful energon of time.

The Titan Masters acted as their messengers, heralds, friends, and guides, allowing the Titans to interact with the other inhabitants of Cybertron.

Unfortunately, this age ended with the Titanomachy, a great war between the Titans and their allies, which reshaped the surface of the world, devastating civilization.

Many Titans apparently died, or went into an eternal slumber. Their brethren carried them off from Cybertron, to their eternal resting place.

In the end, only a handful of Titans remained on Cybertron, and they were near death themselves. They would often assume their city form, to rest for aeons at a time, forgotten by all others except as legends.

As for the Titan Masters, they viewed themselves as a guilty party in the Titanomachy, and left Cybertron, heading to Cybertron's moon, where they too were forgotten by Cybertron; Until aeons later during the first Golden Age, when Cybertronian explorers discovered their descendants, the Micromasters/Mini-cons.

They had lost much of their former glory, the gifts of the Titans, but they were still potent, and became an important part of Cybertronian civilization.

But there were still Titan Masters among them. Hidden, and only knowing fragments of their history, they passed on their secrets to each new one that emerged.

By the time of the Ark and the Exodus, only three Titan Masters seemed to remain on Cybertron. This trinity -- Infinitus, Sovereign, and Apex -- bestowed on the Last Prime the only gift they could grant: Metroplex.

The remaining Autobots were still too many to flee aboard the Ark, and left on Cybertron they would die to either the Decepticons, the Insecticon swarms, or the hostile environment of the dying planet itself. So the trinity raised Metroplex, the first and last Titan, long hidden beneath the Great Dome of Iacon. They bid Metroplex to assume its spacecraft mode. And thereby enabled the Autobots to escape the death of Cybertron aboard a living city, and guided by the Ark.

#949 Diecast

Diecast

Non-ferrous

• Protoform
  • 22 posts
  • Faction::Decepticon

Posted 27 January 2017 - 09:45 AM

Since watching Power Rangers: Lightspeed Rescue, I can only think of Hot Spot as being Carter Grayson.

So please imagine him shooting at Bruticus and Menasor with just his pistols and ramming Overlord in his truck mode.

Isn't that canon in G2? ;p

#950 Fear or Courage

Fear or Courage

Do I compel you?

• Citizen
  • 1593 posts

Posted 27 January 2017 - 10:20 AM

My version of the Titan Masters backstory, fusing them with other bits of personal mythos:

In ancient times, when Cybertron was a more diverse, multi-species planet, the Titan Masters were revered as being “closer to Primus” due to their ability to bond and share gifts and strength with other Transformers. Really, this religious reverence kept them safe from exploitation, since they were, of course, weaker than the other races on the planet.

After Nova Prime united the planet in a hierarchy-based structure, this also kept them safe. However, the leaders of the Titan Masters were smart enough to see strife and conflict bubbling under the surface of Nova’s new peace, and realized that one day, the mystique that kept them safe would end, and they could be pawns in a coming war. Thus, they came up with a plan.

Nova was interested in expanding Cybertron into an empire, and needed a big, visible project to eat up resources and keep the people distracted, so he had begun construction of the Titans, gigantic Transformers that were to be sent into space to create many colonies. They could do so with their special “Spark Bombs,” capable of seeding planets with Hot Spots.

The Titan Masters piggybacked onto this, partnering with Nova’s scientists to solve problems in their construction, becoming the ones controlling the Titans as their crew. Thus, when the Titans were launched into space, every Titan Master on Cybertron went with them, crewing them to spread the holy mission of the Cybertronian Empire. Nova had anticipated this, but was unable to stop them, since the public was fully behind the idea of the ones closest to Primus spreading His gift across the universe.

However, on the Titan known as Fortress Maximus, things went amiss during the mission. It turned out there were far fewer habitable planets to Spark Bomb than anticipated, but plenty of good ones teeming with Organic life. A doctrine of the mission was not to destroy pre-existing life to colonize planets, but in the face of the scarcity of galactic real-estate, members of Maximus’s command crew, Doomshot and Nucleon, believed that it was their duty to settle these planets anyway, organic life or not, and that their race should be put first, and not have to settle for less-than-ideal planets. The rest of the command crew (Emissary, Apex, Diac, Sovereign and Infinitus) disagreed. Notably, Emissary was the one that actually interfaced with Maximus to input commands, so his vote really mattered more than anyone else’s.

However, a schism formed among the crew, that finally led to a full-on mutiny and war for control of Maximus. Initially, it seemed like the heroes would win, until a sudden betrayal by Infinitus. At gunpoint, Infinitus tried to force Emissary to take control of the Titan, but Emissary managed to instead trigger a “sleep” command, causing the Titan itself, and its crew, to enter stasis, setting them adrift.

It turns out that, regrettably, a variant of this same conflict played out on every other Titan that was dispatched. Some were destroyed by the battles for their control, some also entered stasis. Metroplex, however, managed to eject his crew, marooning them on the planet Micro, where they would eventually evolve into the Minicons centuries later. He attempted to carry his mission on alone, but soon found himself unable to manage without a crew, and crash-landed on the harsh, dark world of Caminus, his Spark Bomb creating a colony that would grow up in his dormant shadow, becoming fierce warriors due to the inhospitable environment.

I’ll do the present-day bits after.

#951 LV!

LV!

A tendency to speak in jest

• Citizen
  • 11429 posts

Posted 27 January 2017 - 10:37 AM

My personal story for Titan Masters is that they have Nebulans who transform into their titans.

#952 Zodberg

Zodberg

The doctor is in.

• Citizen
  • 15034 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 27 January 2017 - 12:30 PM

Titan Masters are just Headmasters, and they pilot non-sentient robot bodies.

Really I always thought it was weird having two characters who can't be anthropomorphic at the same time.

Woooo!

#953 Shenanigans

Shenanigans

Cynic-in-residence

• Supporter
  • 6072 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 02 February 2017 - 05:59 PM

CW Legends Shockwave is IDW Shockwave who got sent to the Microverse somehow by the singularity in Dark Cybertron and that's why he's so small now.

EDIT: Oh yeah and his handle folded up "spaceship" mode is an actual Microverse-scaled spaceship.

Edited by Shenanigans, 02 February 2017 - 06:04 PM.

card-soundwave.jpg 

Shenanigans

Nonsense; mischief; often, a treacherous or deceitful trick.

#954 SHIELD Agent 47

SHIELD Agent 47

Knight of Infinity

• Apprentice Staff
  • 2983 posts

Posted 04 February 2017 - 12:27 AM

The Functionist Universe is known in Alternity / Cloud World designations as "FU World".

#955 Noprobsrobs

Noprobsrobs

STILL THE BEST 1973

• Supporter
  • 2852 posts
  • Faction::Decepticon

Posted 04 February 2017 - 04:06 AM

Megaempress and her 4 guards are an iteration of the DJD. Megaempess as Tarn and Trickdiamond is Vos who is also Agent 113. Haven't really thought which ones the others are. It's something I'll decide on later when I have the set.

#956 Verno

Verno
  • Citizen
  • 196 posts
  • Faction::Maximal

Posted 09 February 2017 - 10:13 PM

Part One (of 4) of GATHERING DARKNESS:

gathering_darkness___part_1_by_rh1n0x-da

The untold story of the Tripredacus Council.

- Beast Wars 20th Anniversary -
TRANSFORMERS: DEICIDE -- the 20th Anniversary Comic Book series that could have been...
TRANSFORMERS: UNITY -- the BotCon 2016 Comic Book that should have been...

#957 Broadside

Broadside

Aw yeah!

• Apprentice Staff
  • 7378 posts

Posted 11 February 2017 - 06:25 PM

In addition to Combatron and the colony worlds from Cybertron, the UT universe has at least a couple of other colony worlds:
  • Foundry Planet, aka Caminus. A big mechanised world dedicated to the production of machinery and hardware. Inhabited by Transformers with a steampunk-y flair; sci-fi takes on the vehicles of the early 20th century. It's led by Head Foreman Flareup (or "Forge Convoy"), and its Cyber Key symbol is a flame coming off an anvil.
  • Combiner Planet, aka Devisiun. A planet with a moon in geostationary orbit, between which structures have been built to the point that they're a single entity. Its inhabitants can split into two or more alternate modes; they're led by Fortress Maximus (?) and their Cyber Key symbol looks like a key fitting into a lock.

Also: given that Under-3 is established to be a grim, gritty war survivor, and BWU Lionhead is the headmaster of the Maximal Academy, I'm going to imagine that he's basically early Principal Skinner.

Edited by Broadside, 11 February 2017 - 07:03 PM.

card-rewind.jpg

#958 Unit Eleven

Unit Eleven

WHAT A NERD

• Citizen
  • 530 posts
  • Faction::RIRFIB

Posted 18 February 2017 - 04:42 AM

Megatron Origin Cameo Theater:

• The Chromia lookalike at the funeral is a male transformer named Chromium. He was friends with Bluster and died during the war.
  • White Orion Pax Repaint wound up becoming a bearer of the Magnus Armour.
  • Straxus-lookalike was one of a small subculture of bots who modified their bodies to resemble those lost with the Ark. They were known enough that anyone who noticed Cyclonus during his time-travel jaunt thought he was one of them.

On rare occasions, I have something to say.

#959 zephyrX9

zephyrX9
  • Citizen
  • 1292 posts

Posted 18 February 2017 - 04:58 AM

Generally, I like to name "white Orion" as Optronix, as a cute little reference to Dreamwave, and Straxus-copy as Darkmount, ala his Generations toy.

#960 LordGigaIce

LordGigaIce

(((Prime)))

• Staff
  • 1598 posts
  • Faction::RIBFIR

Posted 18 February 2017 - 07:28 PM

Galvatron is a completely distinct character from Megatron. He's a very old, skilled warrior and one of the few Cybertronians still living from the age of Nova Prime.
As such he's seen Prime after Prime rise and fall, and he's seen the Golden Age and all of its hypocracies lead to the Great War.
He doesn't care much for Megatron's egalitarian rhetoric or his vision of a Decepticon utopia. He does, however, believe that the entirety of Cybertronian society needs to be torn down violently so that it can be rebuilt. Galavatron believes that might makes right and he feels that the society the lineage of Primes has overseen has made Cybertron soft and weak.
So for these reasons he's thrown his lot in with the Decepticon movement.

Galvatron doesn't scare Megatron, but Megs recognises him as one of the few bots who can challenge him on the battlefield. The Decepticon leader has misgivings about Galvatron's lack of commitment to the Decepticon ideal but he's more than willing to tolerate that to count Galvatron among his troops in wartime.

Galvatron's might and his loyal following have even earned him the rank of City Commander. He oversees Decepticon military forces in his ancient home city of Protohex, a fortress of a settlement that overlooks the ancient Darklands.

His two most trusted lieutenants are Scourge and Cyclonus. The former is loyal to his master, and thus loyal to the Decepticon cause. The latter not so much.
Cyclonus agrees that the decadence and hypocracies of the Golden Age need to be torn down, yet Megatron's hostility towards the Primal faith and the code of honour of ages past do not sit well with him.

Still, Cyclonus believes in Galvatron. So he follows him. Until a chance encounter with the Autobot Tailgate. Cyclonus' capture by Autobot forces leads him to develop a relationship with the Autobot prison guard, and Cyclonus eventually agrees to share Decepticon military secrets and renounce his alliegences to Megatron.

Sadly Cyclonus is captured again, this time by Galvatron. Cyclonus argues that he betrayed Megatron, not Galvatron but Galvy doesn't see it that way. So long as he pledges alliegence to Megatron? Alliegence to him is the same thing.
He has Shockwave perform shadowplay on him, rendering Cyclonus a loyal soldier of Galvatron whose compassion for the bot he loves buried deep within his programming.

On top of that? Galvatron has the Decepticon scientist turn Cyclonus into the central component of a new combiner-Galvatronus. A final testament to his absolute mastery over the once wayward soldier.

B3v0h0W.png

What a relief it would be to end this all, how easy to fly the white flag and give up. But would I run today, just to die another day? Give up now, and every fight has been in vain. Stand up and fight!

Basically a Podcast Network

Reply to this topic

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users