Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  ▲ndrusi : (29 September 2020 - 04:20 PM)

I want Dr. Smoov to RUN

@  Bass X0 : (29 September 2020 - 03:15 PM)

I want Dr. Smoov or the Jaboody Show guys to dub over WFC with voices and personalities more in line with the 80s cartoon. That means no more jerk Bumblebee.

@  Maximus Ambus : (29 September 2020 - 01:35 AM)

Ever notice Kath SOucie's Janine in the later episodes of Real Ghostbusters sounds like Tara Strong's Sari Sumdac?

@  Maximus Ambus : (28 September 2020 - 02:10 PM)

I wish they were more universal like Beast Wars, Animated or Prime and as professionally done,

@  Maximus Ambus : (28 September 2020 - 02:06 PM)

The Netflix shows are done for adults, the Generation toyline is for adults who grew up with G1.

@  Sabrblade : (28 September 2020 - 12:53 PM)

Who said it ever was?

@  -LittleAutob... : (28 September 2020 - 12:43 PM)

Whatever happened to WFC Earthrise being a kids show X'D

@  wonko the sane? : (28 September 2020 - 11:43 AM)

Cool, my last tablet couldn't run it, and I stopped caring by the time I got the new one. So thanks!

@  Otaku : (28 September 2020 - 11:27 AM)

There are crossover characters, but the amount and distribution... Marvel Vs Capcom this ain't.  If @wonko the sane? my bad!

@  Otaku : (28 September 2020 - 11:21 AM)

I've been playing for *checks account* 1002 days, 23 hours.  So, by 2021, it will have been three years.  I think it takes place in its own continuity, largely inspired by G1 but borrowing from other places.

@  Otaku : (28 September 2020 - 11:19 AM)

@wonko the sane? Can only speak for Earth Wars, but so few they're easy to forget.

@  wonko the sane? : (28 September 2020 - 07:39 AM)

Didn't they already do the across universes thing in that tablet game?

@  Demovere Xeno : (28 September 2020 - 05:30 AM)

Also, make the setting an amalgamation of different Transformers series, rather than based on a specific one. Bring in things like 'Sentinel Major' as the primo Autobot jerk, and sleek car mode Vehicons as the Decepticons' basic grunt.

@  Demovere Xeno : (28 September 2020 - 05:27 AM)

KT just needs to incorporate the vehicle modes into the combat system, like Platinum did for Devastation, so they're for more than just wheeling it across the battlefield. =P

@  Demovere Xeno : (28 September 2020 - 05:25 AM)

Transformers: Warriors of Cybertron! =D

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (28 September 2020 - 05:15 AM)

I want a Power Rangers Mosu. I would also take a Transformers Mosu. :D

@  TheMightyMol... : (28 September 2020 - 04:50 AM)

It even ended on a sequel hook.

@  Demovere Xeno : (28 September 2020 - 04:40 AM)

Man, I just want another Devastation game... =(

@  NotVeryKnightly : (28 September 2020 - 01:53 AM)

Aren't TFs way more varied than Joes, as far as they'd work in gameplay? Like, Omega Supreme is vastly different from Bumblebee.

@  unluckiness : (27 September 2020 - 10:16 PM)

Hell, ripoff Super Robot Wars withTFs

@  unluckiness : (27 September 2020 - 10:16 PM)

IDK they could make something like FF tactics or Fire Emblem ripoff with Robots and i'd buy it

@  Steevy Maximus : (27 September 2020 - 09:43 PM)

See, I feel GI Joe (with it's varied cast) is a better fit for a strategy game, where as Transformers feels more suited for a shooter.

@  Maruten : (27 September 2020 - 08:28 PM)

I might give them points for making a strategy game if it's actually a good strategy game.

@  wonko the sane? : (27 September 2020 - 07:48 PM)

I mean, points for making a strategy game instead of third person shooter, but: urrrrgggg. Cyberverse.

@  wonko the sane? : (27 September 2020 - 07:47 PM)

A transformers game for the switch? *checks* Urrrggg... cyberverse...

@  Steevy Maximus : (27 September 2020 - 06:28 PM)

October will be a big month for Hasbro fans: Zoids, GI Joe AND Transformers all have brand new console games. All on the Switch at that!

@  wonko the sane? : (27 September 2020 - 09:04 AM)

At least in animated he was more driven than just "loyal bootlick".

@  unluckiness : (27 September 2020 - 08:29 AM)

Oof, That's a huge downgrade

@  Maximus Ambus : (27 September 2020 - 02:35 AM)

After rewatching Animated Sound and Fury, in my head canon Titans Return Soundwave is that Soundwave.

@  wonko the sane? : (26 September 2020 - 04:09 PM)

On an unrelated note: I just got the BBTS email about kingdom pre-orders... and even the stuff I don't want I'm perfectly willing to get if it means I can have the rest of it.

@  wonko the sane? : (26 September 2020 - 04:08 PM)

It's digimon. So first one, then the other.

@  TheMightyMol... : (26 September 2020 - 12:53 PM)

50/50 odds, it's either a helicopter with limbs, or a scantily-clad human with heli blades on their back. If female, 90% odds on the second one.

@  NotVeryKnightly : (26 September 2020 - 12:39 PM)

I read that as "Helicoptermon" and wondered what kind of Digimon that was.

@  Bass X0 : (26 September 2020 - 12:35 PM)

Helicopter-mom, transform!

@  Maximus Ambus : (25 September 2020 - 11:58 PM)

Aw I scratched the hood of my 35th anniversary Bluestreak. Fortunately he's in robot mode a lot.

@  Sabrblade : (25 September 2020 - 07:24 PM)

No decoration could improve the wall more than Knockout himself

@  TheMightyMol... : (25 September 2020 - 05:04 PM)

The wall could use some decorating, though. Maybe a nice shelf or a portrait.

@  -LittleAutob... : (25 September 2020 - 04:32 PM)

I'm laughing so hard XDDD

@  ▲ndrusi : (25 September 2020 - 02:31 PM)

He doesn't even mind this time. You know what? It's comfortable here.

@  -LittleAutob... : (25 September 2020 - 02:23 PM)

AND THEN KNOCKOUT WAS IN THE WALL AGAIN XDDD

@  Bass X0 : (25 September 2020 - 01:11 PM)

is an annoying stage in Super Mario World.

@  wonko the sane? : (24 September 2020 - 02:15 PM)

Gnarly.

@  PlutoniumBoss : (24 September 2020 - 01:05 PM)

Beast Era, a blonde rat called Sunsqueaker.

@  TheMightyMol... : (24 September 2020 - 01:00 PM)

And then Knockout was in the wall again.

@  Sabrblade : (24 September 2020 - 12:53 PM)

Knockout: "Ooh, sorry, Lord Megatron. The correct word was... 'Decepticon'."

@  -LittleAutob... : (24 September 2020 - 11:15 AM)

Knockout: *while doing a crossword puzzle* Lord Megatron, whats a ten letter word for disappointment? | Megatron: ...... Starscream.

@  Maximus Ambus : (23 September 2020 - 01:20 PM)

@Bass X0 Shockwave did it.

@  TheMightyMol... : (23 September 2020 - 11:56 AM)

At least it's not Suntwerker.

@  wonko the sane? : (23 September 2020 - 11:19 AM)

I read that name as "suntweaker" the first time, and was terrified for a moment...

@  Bass X0 : (23 September 2020 - 03:41 AM)

Prowl did nothing wrong.

Photo

Personal Canon Theater

1776 replies to this topic

#61 Bass X0

Bass X0
  • Citizen
  • 44320 posts
  • Faction::Decepticon

Posted 11 January 2013 - 02:59 PM

Was going to create a new topic for this but then I found this one.

G1 Grimlock is not a dinosaur before he gets to Earth. He was always his The War Within / 6" Titanium tank mode until then. However, I will be using his new Fall of Cybertron toy as his earth mode body. He would upgrade from or to his original 1985 toy.

War For Cybertron and Fall of Cybertron toys are also G1 toys for the characters who get new toys.

Anybody got their own personal canon preferences / interpretations of recent toys and developments?

Just because you can't win doesn't mean you stop working.

#62 BlackMax

BlackMax

Turbonerd

• Citizen
  • 3022 posts
  • Faction::Autobot

Posted 11 January 2013 - 05:52 PM

I actually have a story in development (very slow development) centering on the couple of AM Vehicons I have, giving them names and backstories and adventures to go on, during which they occasionally cross paths with continuity-wandering other characters (a perticular Bumblebee who is the Shadow Strike toy for example) and things straight out of Lovecraft. It's boggling levels of complex and even more patently ridiculous at the moment but I adore thinking about it.

I also like the idea that toys like GDO Megatron and RotF Bludgeon are actually alt-cont versions of each other, which would blow the minds of their selves who are rivals for Decepticon leadership.

I probably think way too much about dimension-hopping.
"Nobody is hugging me into feeling like church." -Destron

#63 Cabooceratops

Cabooceratops

Former Staff~

• Citizen
  • 23083 posts
  • Faction::Dinobot

Posted 11 January 2013 - 08:19 PM

Grimlock and the Dinobots were and always will be built on earth, and no, Grimlock is not some badass military genius, he's just a big dumb brute who believes in using his strength to protect the weak.

The rest of the original Dinobots are idiot savants. Just ask Paddles about nautical navigation, I assure you will be both fascinated and bored out of your skull by the deep understanding of the subject he possesses.

Grimstone took direct inspiration from Grimlock's philosophy and adopted a dinosaur mode of his own, and had his Power Core drones fashioned to resemble the look.

The Dinobots are color coded. Gold for Grimlock, Red for Slug, Green for Sludge, so on and so forth.

Wheeljack and/or Ratchet (Or other bots depending on continuity.) are working on more Dinobots as a pet project, but are continuously distracted by other, more important duties.

Edited by Cabooceratops, 11 January 2013 - 08:20 PM.

Like my art? I do commissions!! -> https://www.allspark...

#64 Bass X0

Bass X0
  • Citizen
  • 44320 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 09:36 PM

Oh, I have the Dinobot Mini-Cons as the ones created on Earth. Different characters but fulfill the same role as the Dinobots in the cartoon, at least for their origin episode.

Comic Ratbat and cartoon Ratbat exist simultaneously. Cartoon Ratbat is now named and colored as Wingthing but is otherwise identical. Comic personality Ratbat is rarely a cassette, instead being one of his humanoid toys - the repaint Cybertron Sideways before Earth, and the classics Scourge repaint as his body on Earth.

#65 Zodberg

Zodberg

The doctor is in.

• Citizen
  • 15562 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 12 January 2013 - 05:57 AM

-Most combiner teams are destined to end up as singular entities.
Woooo!

#66 TheTurnipKing

TheTurnipKing
  • Citizen
  • 2042 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 06:49 AM

QUOTE(Tindalos @ Nov 26 2011, 12:46 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I've always thought of the Allspark/Vector Sigma/Underbase/Compu-Core/Omega-Lock as variations on a theme. An ancient computer/artifact which is used to grant new life

I like to think of the "computer" as being the alt-mode of one of the Thirteen, though others have said that they consider Primus to be Vector Sigma.

Personally I prefer the creation of Cybertronian life to be something performed at a slight remove from Primus himself.

#67 Cybersnark

Cybersnark

Sorry I'm late. Had to get my powersuit.

• Citizen
  • 11836 posts
  • Faction::Equestrian

Posted 12 January 2013 - 01:19 PM

After the Decepticons/Autobots vacuumed up all the pre-war factions on Cybertron, Cybertronian society has ended up fractioning again.

The Junkions were originally a group of mixed Constructicon, Diaclone, and Microchanger servitors (probably with a few Malignus slipped in), purchased by a consortium to run/protect the Planet of Junk --a dumping/reclamation facility for a hundred worlds. After being abandoned, the Junkions held to their simple programming, eventually using their own bodies as raw materials for reconstruction (which would've blurred/obliterated the factional divides, as each ended up incorporating each other's parts and/or software). As new arrivals (both Cybertronian and otherwise) settled on the planet, they descended into tribalism.

During the Golden Age, a Diaclone colonial starship crashed on Velocitron (after bombing the local sapients back into the stone age). Forced to adapt, the Diaclones turned to local technologies to begin constructing new bodies, and budding to replenish their sparks. Because of the substandard materials used in their construction (and the impure fuel they're forced to live on), Velocitronians have a much shorter lifespan than normal TFs --measured in decades (and thus, comparable to humans). In the millions of years since the crash, thousands of generations have passed, and their original Cybertronian heritage is long forgotten.

G1 ended with Galvatron and a handful of Decepticons trapped on Earth (held there by the Autobots), while Decepticon splinter factions were strewn about the galaxy (led by Shockwave, Soundwave, Bludgeon, Thunderwing, Megaplex, Starscream, Scourge, and Cyclonus).

The Sweeps, headed by Scourge, withdrew into interstellar space, adopting a policy of isolationism. None of the Decepticon factions were powerful enough to force them into line, and the Autobots were more focused on reconstructing Cybertron. Sweeps are highly conformist, and all Sweeps wear one of three body-types: the DX-01 (the classic Sweep body), the DX-03 (the "Strike Sweep," designed for close-range combat, smaller and lighter than a normal Sweep), or the newly-devised DXM-05b (the "Super Sweep," designed for heavy combat, and wearing an arm-mounted fusion cannon in mockery of the once-great Megatron). Of all Transformers, Sweeps are most likely to treat their bodies as mecha shells, containing an interchangeable spark.

Scourge departed to sue for peace with the Autobots, heading to Earth to confront Optimus Prime directly (where he ended up getting brainwashed by Megatron and reformatting into a twisted and bloodthirsty reflection of Optimus). While he himself no longer leads the Sweeps, their leader still carries the title of "Scourge," because he is the one tasked with maintaining discipline within the ranks.

On Earth, Galvatron located the remains of Terrorsaur and Scorponok (from the Beast Wars), and used their "alien" technology to reformat himself and his followers, creating the Predacons. One of these Decepticons was Thundercracker, who became Skybyte. In my continuity, Skybyte is no clown, but a skilled warrior-poet --Thundercracker's latent compassion developed into Skybyte's philosophical bent, and his eventual fondness for humans. The RiD campaign ended with Skybyte and his Predacons betraying Galvatron in exchange for political amnesty.

(Galvatron fled Earth for parts unknown.)

Skybyte's Predacons relocated to a planet called Animatros, and soon grew in numbers as refugees from both Cybertronian factions settled and were reformatted into Predacons (no Autobots, no Decepticons). Grimlock and his (surviving) team visited and were reformatted, but didn't stick around (they were fugitives at the time).

The Minicons are not truly Cybertronian, but were created as a "next generation" by the Quintessons --as a ploy to infiltrate and retake Cybertron. They're basically walking, talking ZedPMs, and cause a mild narcotic effect whenever they Powerlink. In sufficient numbers, multiple Minicons can coordinate to assume direct control of a Bulk. Thanks to human and Autobot intervention, this plot was foiled, and the Minicons gained their independence, setting up on Micronia (and forging an alliance with the neighbouring Autobot colony on Gigantia).

(It was during the Armada campaign that Cyclonus [after mind-raping a Minicon] learned of the Quintesson factory worlds --of which Cybertron was only one among many. Somehow he learned the location of at least one other factory world.)

Cyclonus (self-styled High Priest of Chaos) landed on Animatros, and took the name "Scourge" (because everyone already knew who Cyclonus was). As a Predacon, he eventually staged a coup, forcing Skybyte and his government into exile (while he searched the planet's ancient temples for anything that would let him destroy Cybertron in his Master's name). When the Autobots Trailbreaker and Brawn arrived (during the Cybertron campaign), Scourge manipulated them into uncovering the Beast Matrix --which reformatted Trailbreaker into Leobreaker.

Meanwhile, the resistance against Scourge's reign of terror was trying desperately to assemble. Carnivac sacrificed himself to hold off Scourge's forces, while Skybyte forged the splinter groups into an alliance --one backed by the newly-arriving Autobots. The resistance adopted Carnivac's face as their symbol, becoming the Maximals, currently commanded by LeoBreaker.

"Scourge," meanwhile, abandoned Animatros as soon as his quest (to create a new Matrix --and the chaos that would inevitably flow from it) was complete. He was found/captured by the Sweeps, who fell for his act and assumed that he was their long-lost leader. He used Predacon technology to help them develop the Super-Sweep body (unleashing a prototype on Earth as a proof-of-concept test).

(That prototype was the "Megatron" of the first TF movie --malfunctioning after a brush with the Underbase Cube and thinking itself the real Megatron.)

After gaining a new body (which he'd specifically designed just for this purpose), "Scourge" abandoned the Sweeps and renamed himself yet again, taking the name "Megatron" to unite the fractured Decepticon splinter groups. (This is Animated Megatron.)

(Meanwhile, Prime-Megatron is actually Galvatron.)

The current Cybertronian Republic includes Autobots, Junkions, Minicons, Velocitronians, and Maximals.

The Predacons we're about to see in Beast Hunters are signs of a deepening Decepticon/Predacon alliance.

(Meanwhile on Earth, NEST includes Humans, Autobots, Minicons, and even a few Junkions (who do not turn into motorcycles because they're huge).

#68 (Deactivated) Smitty

(Deactivated) Smitty
  • Guests

Posted 12 January 2013 - 05:33 PM

After season three of Animated, Megatron breaks out of jail and builds a vehicon army. The Autobots build up the Autotroopers to fight back. After years of war the Autotroopers and Vehicons unite and revolt against the Autobots and Decepticons.

#69 Fear or Courage

Fear or Courage

Do I compel you?

• Citizen
  • 2138 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 10:59 PM

Dave Van Domelen did a fanfic about this yeeeearrssss ago, and the basic idea stuck with me, because it makes a good deal of sense: In the Beast Wars continuity, the reason records about the Great War were sealed off by the High Council, the reason Depth Charge was unaware of Earth's significance, and the reason it's marked as a restricted place is because of Transwarp technology, and its ability to time travel.

The genie's out of the bottle, and now both factions have to deal with the fact that anyone with a Transwarp drive could theoretically travel back to Earth during the Ark's four million year stasis, and seriously muck up an important part of Transformer history, like Beast Megatron eventually tries to. So their stopgap solution is to attempt to bury the fact that the Ark was ever there, hide Earth's location and significance, and restrict travel to the area, in an attempt to block this from happening. We all know how that turned out.

As an addendum, the Golden Disc was a valuable relic not just for the message from the original Megatron, but because it imparted this previously censored knowledge.

#70 ZacWilliam1

ZacWilliam1
  • Citizen
  • 18188 posts
  • Faction::RIRFIB

Posted 19 January 2013 - 09:46 AM

Got Kreon Quickslinger yest. because I know I'll want the Aerialbots box eventually.

Now QS is the new name for Slingshot and all, but with the white helmet and such he also has a bit of a different look. Add to this that I have never liked G1 Slingshot for being an annoying @$$ who got way too much spotlight in the G1 toon and some fannon was born:

At some point Slingshot was badly damaged in battle. It looked like he was permanently offline. Unable to handle the loss of Superion in combat the Autobots responded by calling up a bot from the bush leagues to take his place. A young jet named Airrazor (Hasbro's first attempt to replace Slingshot a few years back) was altered to combine with the surviving team.

Meanwhile Slingshot's Arabian Prince friend from the G1 cartoon found out about his condition and arranged to take care of his remains. Little did anyone Know, he wasn't thinking memorial, but rebirth. Under the Prince's guidance Slingshot was rebuilt nearly completely and reborn, faster than ever before as the futuristic, supersonic Quickslinger.

Humbled and changed by the experience, few would recognize the boasting braggart of old. Quiet, determined and serious Quickslinger now works apart from his old teammates and attempts to find his way back to the easy confidence he once had.

-ZacWilliam, now if only Hasbro would follow up Bruticus with a new combining set of Aerialbots. icon-hotrod.gif

Edited by ZacWilliam1, 19 January 2013 - 09:48 AM.

Ever wonder about the speed of Turbofoxes?
Or the proverbial ailerons of Titanium Moosebots?

*Visit the one and only Cybertronic Bestiary.
For a mechazoologic tour of the mechanimals of Cybertron.

#71 Fear or Courage

Fear or Courage

Do I compel you?

• Citizen
  • 2138 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 08:34 AM

The Autobot scientist from Dark of the Moon was always named Que. The Wheeljack from Foundation and Rising Storm is a different character, who still wasn't online after his damage in those comics during the DOTM film.

Had either been released here, the standard DOTM Deluxe figure would have represented Que, and the Trilogy version with the new head would have represented Wheeljack rebuilt, since it had his head, after all. This allows me to work around the movie wasting a classic character.

As an aside, if the makers of a future TF film wanted to do Wheeljack right, they could always use the name swap as an excuse to use him.

#72 Pennpenn

Pennpenn
  • Citizen
  • 12182 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 08:59 AM

QUOTE(Fear or Courage @ Jan 28 2013, 08:34 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
As an aside, if the makers of a future TF film wanted to do Wheeljack right, they could always use the name swap as an excuse to use him.

As if the movie makers need even that kind of justification. I mean, had I not known that Que was meant to be Wheeljack kinda sorta, I never would have picked him as that since I'm not even entirely sure he was addressed by name in DotM.

#73 Fear or Courage

Fear or Courage

Do I compel you?

• Citizen
  • 2138 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 09:40 AM

Yeah, in his first scene he actually says "Me name's Que."

#74 (Deactivated) Smitty

(Deactivated) Smitty
  • Guests

Posted 28 January 2013 - 10:04 AM

QUOTE(Fear or Courage @ Jan 28 2013, 09:40 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yeah, in his first scene he actually says "Me name's Que."

I thought he said "they call me Que"?

#75 Hydra

Hydra

I'm in your Burger Bot eating burgers with your Isenburg!

• Citizen
  • 2384 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 10:28 AM

I am secretly Henry Masterson.

-Hydra
SELL ME THESE ITEMS!
Botcon 1997 Dinner Decoys: $300 ea.
Unreleased Ultra Magnus Street Speed Team: $1000
Lucky Draw Orange Hazard Team: $500/member
Bagged BotCon 2006 Box Set figures

#76 Fear or Courage

Fear or Courage

Do I compel you?

• Citizen
  • 2138 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 10:37 AM

All G1 characters 1986 and later that have "futuristic" altmodes (Hot Rod, Arcee, Springer, etc.) are actually still in their Cybertronian forms. The idea that this was what 2005-and-beyond Earth vehicles were supposed to look like doesn't hold up when there were still plenty of characters with present-day looking vehicle modes appearing (the Battlechargers, the Duocons, most of the Masterforce Autobots, etc.)

Instead, I submit that due to the Transformers being common knowledge by 2005, disguises weren't mandatory, and so a lot of characters didn't bother getting Earth modes, or only got them if their assignments specifically required disguise. As for why they used wheels instead of hovering like the vehicles in MTMTE did, four million years of energy shortages during the timeskip in that episode meant that most Transformers replaced their hover drives with wheels to save fuel.

Edited by Fear or Courage, 28 January 2013 - 10:37 AM.

#77 Cybersnark

Cybersnark

Sorry I'm late. Had to get my powersuit.

• Citizen
  • 11836 posts
  • Faction::Equestrian

Posted 28 January 2013 - 12:01 PM

The Vok (and their energon-seeding) drew the Quintessons' attention to Earth in prehistoric times. Thousands of years after the end of the Beast Wars, the Quintessons and the Vok fought a proxy war (Atlantis vs Lemuria) for control of Earth and its energon resources. The loss of Earth (thanks to the intervention of the Vok in the form of their emissaries) would prove instrumental to the collapse of the Quintesson Empire --energy and resources mined from Earth had been used in the construction of the Quintesson factory worlds.

The Quintesson-produced Underbase network held Earth's coordinates (along with those of every world the Quints interacted with).

When The Fallen was banished, he and his followers used that database to seek out new worlds to conquer.

When a young Starscream and Skyfire left Cybertron, they too were using that database, intending to visit those "unexplored" worlds. Their mission encountered the Fallen, who placed a subconscious "post-programming" geass on Starscream, sending him back to Cybertron --ostensibly to bring a "rescue" force for Skyfire, all of whom would be further enslaved. This rescue ended up never materializing, as Starscream was captured and further brainwashed by Megatron immediately upon returning.

Early in the War, Optimus Prime ejected the Underbase cube from Cybertron to keep it out of Megatron's hands. That the Underbase ended up on Earth is the only real "coincidence" in any of this --a mere happenstance that forever changed the histories of both worlds.

(An unknown series of events broke the Fallen's hold on Earth and forced him into stasis.)

When the Ark left seeking energon, they used the same target list that Skyfire's mission had used. Starscream thought there was something "familiar" about this planet, but was too distracted by the ongoing battle to notice details.

(Archibald Witwicky encountered not Megatron, but the Cybertronian Underbase, which engraved its homing frequency on his glasses, ensuring its eventual discovery [and destruction].)

The Ark and Nemesis crews awoke in 1985, and eventually re-established contact with Cybertron. Earth became a flashpoint of the Autobot/Decepticon war.

The Quintessons are driven into extinction, leaving a single survivor; Alpha-Q. Alpha-Q sought to use Unicron's technology to re-make Quintessa. Thanks to the intervention of humans, his plan instead lead to the rebirth of Quintessa as it existed millennia before --when the ancestors of the Quintessons were only beginning to develop civilization.

(Starscream's geass eventually reasserted itself, and the Fallen was awoken --only to be destroyed by Optimus Prime, thus eliminating the last of the Thirteen.)

Hundreds of years after the Great War, a band of Predacon criminals set out, deliberately seeking out Earth (where they knew they would find the Ark), and ending up millions of years in the past.

Trillions of years hence, the reborn Quintessons, having evolved into the Vok, traveled back in time to seed the young Earth with raw energon, thus ensuring the Quintessons' interest in Earth, and thus their own Ascendance.

Edited by Cybersnark, 28 January 2013 - 12:05 PM.

#78 Fear or Courage

Fear or Courage

Do I compel you?

• Citizen
  • 2138 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 03:25 PM

Anyone in the Japanese Master Trilogy (Headmasters, Masterforce, Victory) who's appearance is identical to an American character, and who's still a Transformer, and not a human piloting a Transtector, is the same character as the American counterpart, getting their G1 Cartoon appearance. The different names are just what that character is called in Japanese fiction.

For example, I regard King Poseidon as being the same character as Piranacon. This is just what Piranacon was up to in the G1 animated continuity. The names "King Poseidon" and "Piranacon" work the same way as "Convoy" and "Optimus Prime." The exception would be characters like the human Wilder, who is not the same as the Decepticon Fangry, the difference being one is human and the other is a robot.

The Shout Factory subs *almost* do this, mostly using American names, but they aren't totally consistent, and still name some of the humans after their robot counterparts.

If it were up to me, I'd merge some wiki articles that are currently split. But I'm outvoted on this, so I'll just keep it as personal canon.

#79 Jalaguy

Jalaguy

won't hold Six Shot upside-down.

• Citizen
  • 9628 posts
  • Faction::RIRFIB

Posted 28 January 2013 - 03:29 PM

Skywarp became Cyclonus and the Insecticons became the Sweeps. Because it makes sense, goddammit! icon-waspy.gif The purple Earth jet guy becomes the purple space jet guy, and the guys who can clone themselves become the guys who there's a lot of! *neurotic twitch*

#80 Bass X0

Bass X0
  • Citizen
  • 44320 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 06:01 PM

Skywarp was killed during Target: 2006 which changed Galvatron's timeline. Upon returning to 2006, Cyclonus would inquire "My Armada, it's gone! But where?"

Reply to this topic

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users