Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  -LittleAutob... : (02 June 2020 - 09:30 PM)

I can just HEAR his screechy G1 voice saying that....

@  -LittleAutob... : (02 June 2020 - 09:30 PM)

*Dies laughing* XDDDDDD

@  TheMightyMol... : (02 June 2020 - 07:01 PM)

Megatron's coupon has failed! Now I, Starscream, shall speak to your manager!

@  -LittleAutob... : (02 June 2020 - 06:39 PM)

(i just want to make jokes excuse my doing)

@  -LittleAutob... : (02 June 2020 - 06:38 PM)

ITS STARSCREAM.... AND HIS CLONES

@  Steevy Maximus : (02 June 2020 - 06:31 PM)

And there was no one there when I started!

@  Steevy Maximus : (02 June 2020 - 06:31 PM)

I swear, I'm in line to use a coupon, there is something wrong with said coupon, and suddenly I'm holding up a line of 3 or 4 people

@  -LittleAutob... : (01 June 2020 - 12:15 PM)

Ha! Talk about getting away with something!

@  Maximus Ambus : (01 June 2020 - 09:08 AM)

Carnivac was still an evil Decepticon at heart, and no one shot him in the back for it.

@  -LittleAutob... : (30 May 2020 - 06:52 PM)

*stares at the light switch* .... I see what you did there

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (30 May 2020 - 01:40 PM)

*hands llittleautobot1218 a light switch* There you go.

@  -LittleAutob... : (30 May 2020 - 10:53 AM)

I feel a need to lighten up the mood.... ;)

@  -LittleAutob... : (30 May 2020 - 10:38 AM)

:p

@  Maximus Ambus : (30 May 2020 - 02:14 AM)

Shockwave did it.

@  NotVeryKnightly : (30 May 2020 - 12:21 AM)

I'm not in the US and at least some of the episodes seem to work for me. I don't know the actual list of places it's available, though.

@  Shockwave 75 : (29 May 2020 - 10:37 PM)

Unfortunately It seems Cyberverse is only available in the US on YouTube.

@  -LittleAutob... : (29 May 2020 - 09:19 AM)

Yes, and its ongoing.

@  NotVeryKnightly : (29 May 2020 - 01:05 AM)

Cyberverse is already officially uploaded to YouTube.

@  fourteenwings : (29 May 2020 - 12:36 AM)

Spin Master is abridging current episodes of Bakugan Armored Alliance and posting the result on YouTube. Maybe Hasbro does that someday too.

@  -LittleAutob... : (28 May 2020 - 10:59 PM)

I see... :/

@  wonko the sane? : (28 May 2020 - 08:14 PM)

Within the US anyway. Those channels aren't easy or cheap to access in other countries, and their website often region lock content. Tubi is the only good thing on that list: largely identical (but not perfectly so. Damnit. I wanna watch COPS.) country to country and free.

@  Steevy Maximus : (28 May 2020 - 07:24 PM)

So yeah, Hasbro is using plenty of venues to spread exposure of their brands

@  Steevy Maximus : (28 May 2020 - 07:23 PM)

Starz currently licenses Transformers G1 and the GI Joe movie (as well as MLP specials). Netflix has more current series available.

@  Nevermore : (28 May 2020 - 07:21 PM)

Study shows: Holders of the title "world's oldest person" have a severely increased risk of dying.

@  Steevy Maximus : (28 May 2020 - 07:18 PM)

Tubi TV and Youtube both host various Hasbro cartoons. Both are freely accessed and ad supported. Any basic TV package (barring straight antenna) includes channels like USA Network, SyFy and FX, all of which regularly air the films from Transformers and GI Joe.

@  wonko the sane? : (28 May 2020 - 06:18 PM)

I dunno what to tell you, media might be changing slowly, but at least it's still accessible. Even the folks that DON'T get one of the streaming services can watch it on the company website. It's a vehicle for the toy line after all, they need to make an effort to make it as consumable as possible.

@  -LittleAutob... : (28 May 2020 - 05:41 PM)

Well. Thats said, then.... I guess... :doh

@  wonko the sane? : (28 May 2020 - 04:13 PM)

As long as the the cartoons are profitable, then they'll make more. The media it's shown on is completely irrelevant. I say that as a guy whose earliest surviving memory is a big red truck turning into a big red robot.

@  ZakuConvoy : (28 May 2020 - 03:06 PM)

Might be the end of an era. With the rise of streaming, who knows if Transformers will ever be on broadcast TV again.

@  -LittleAutob... : (28 May 2020 - 11:46 AM)

3 seasons on a show is usually enough... but yeah ;-;

@  Roddie Luver : (27 May 2020 - 09:37 PM)

I’m also sad Cyberverse has no season four.

@  Paladin : (26 May 2020 - 08:10 PM)

it's too hugging hot today.

@  -LittleAutob... : (25 May 2020 - 03:39 PM)

I'll agree with you on that.

*Figured -_-

I fugured

@  Steevy Maximus : (25 May 2020 - 01:37 PM)

I'm actually sad Cyberverse won't get another season. 2 and 3 (of what I've seen) have REALLY nailed it in being fun little actions shows, like the Sunbow series.

@  Rycochet : (25 May 2020 - 01:00 PM)

Yes.

@  Maximus Ambus : (25 May 2020 - 12:52 PM)

I'm waiting for Animated season 4. Am I insane?

@  wonko the sane? : (25 May 2020 - 11:22 AM)

I'm waiting for the next season to show up on netflix.

@  Sabrblade : (25 May 2020 - 10:59 AM)

Many of us have already watched the rest of the Cyberverse episodes since the whole third season aired in the UK last September.

@  -LittleAutob... : (25 May 2020 - 10:18 AM)

*9th

@  -LittleAutob... : (25 May 2020 - 10:17 AM)

I just saw the 8th episode... omg

@  Bass X0 : (25 May 2020 - 01:28 AM)

Already seen it online.

@  -LittleAutob... : (24 May 2020 - 09:42 PM)

Who's excited for tomorrow? The only thing that makes Monday worth it is the Cyberverse episodes .-.

@  wonko the sane? : (24 May 2020 - 12:30 PM)

Welcome. I just came into that trick myself recently, so happy to share.

@  Nevermore : (24 May 2020 - 12:05 PM)

Thanks, wonko the sane? for the tip with the cloning. That helped a lot!

@  -LittleAutob... : (24 May 2020 - 12:02 PM)

Heheh.... yes... I don't think a sniper would be very good at making a vaccine... 0.0

@  Nevermore : (24 May 2020 - 11:48 AM)

All right! Cloning my old HHD to an SSD and then swapping out the drive was successful, it would appear. Finally.

@  Bass X0 : (24 May 2020 - 11:30 AM)

Scientist Perceptor is. Sniper Perceptor less so.

@  -LittleAutob... : (24 May 2020 - 10:51 AM)

Perceptor would be more responsible.

Photo
* * * * * 3 votes

Lego Thread 3.0 - and off-brand bricks too

Best Answer Wheelimus, 31 July 2018 - 05:59 PM

Hey everyone we've got something exciting to announce - now when you're going to buy LEGO anyway you can simultaneously support The Allspark! Here's some links for ya!

General link (note the free shipping on orders over $35)

Sale items link

Thanks for reading and thanks for supporting the community!

Travis

Go to the full post

5798 replies to this topic

#81 Dvandom

Dvandom

Purveyor of Ponies. And Physics.

• Supporter
  • 17298 posts
  • Faction::Autobot

Posted 16 December 2011 - 02:17 PM

There's blindbag Mega Blok Hello Kitty out now. I picked one up on a lark...it comes with a half-balloon that looks like a giant ladle with a wavy handle, and HK can't even hold it properly (it was originally part of the scenery of one of the small sets, and designed to rest against a wall). Lego probably looked at the HK Bloks and thought, "Damn, we really should be able to capitalize on the pink girly crap."

---Dave
DAVE'S WEBPAGES
-- www.eyrie.org/~dvandom/BW --
NEWS, REVIEWS and SIGHTINGS
-- www.dvandom.com --
ARTWORK and IMAGES

Pssst...if you
can't see my images,
try my deviantArt!

#82 Ashley

Ashley

The nerd formerly known as Waspinator

• Citizen
  • 23928 posts
  • Faction::Equestrian

Posted 16 December 2011 - 03:41 PM

I've been doing the SW calendar too and yeah, that X-Wing is cool. I like the lightsaber handles for guns. The mouse droid and black R2 unit are also nice.
If you can read this, you don't need glasses.

#83 Nanite

Nanite

Imminently Ignorable

• Supporter
  • 5066 posts

Posted 16 December 2011 - 03:57 PM

QUOTE(Dissever @ Dec 16 2011, 10:28 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I've been keeping up with my advent calendar, DVD. X-wing and Imperial shuttle are still my faves. icon-hotrod.gif

Also, I will continue to dearly hold onto my sentiments of LEGO for GIRLS is DUMB, they were /already/ for girls. *foot stomping* >:[ >:[ >:[ Belville can go die in a fire.

Blasphemy! Paradisa was awesome. My Blacktron needed a place to go on vacation. icon-fire.gif

And the Superhero sets are obnoxiously overpriced at TRU. I can wait.

Still none of the Bandits + Booze + Bears sets. I know it says Robbers Hideout, but those are Moonshiners... Or meth cookers.

Edited by Nanite, 16 December 2011 - 04:03 PM.

On them twitters

#84 Ashley

Ashley

• Citizen
  • 23928 posts

Posted 16 December 2011 - 04:00 PM

Never buy Lego at full price at TRU, they mark it up and have periodic sales that will let you grab it for a much better price.

#85 NightViper

NightViper

Ehhhhh...

• Retired Staff
  • 42535 posts
  • Faction::RIBFIR

Posted 16 December 2011 - 04:04 PM

QUOTE(Waspinator @ Dec 16 2011, 04:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Never buy Lego at full price at TRU, they mark it up and have periodic sales that will let you grab it for a much better price.

The DC sets in particular. They have the Batman/Catwoman set and the Superman/Wonder Woman/Lex Luther set (as well as some of the Hero Builder sets, but I didn't price those). The Batman set was $18.99 and the Superman set $25.99. I checked online to see how much they're "supposed" to be... $12.99 and $19.99. Yeah, no. I'm not paying $6 more just because TRU got them in first. I'll wait.

#86 Ashley

Ashley

• Citizen
  • 23928 posts

Posted 16 December 2011 - 04:28 PM

And as I said, they often do sales. I've seen "buy one Lego set, get one 50% off" several times at TRU. It makes sense to wait for those.

Man, 2012 is going to be an awesome year for fantasy and building block fans. We're getting Lord of the Rings Lego and Warcraft Mega Bloks. Time for Thrall vs Legolas?

#87 NightViper

NightViper

Ehhhhh...

• Retired Staff
  • 42535 posts

Posted 16 December 2011 - 05:04 PM

QUOTE(Waspinator @ Dec 16 2011, 04:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
And as I said, they often do sales. I've seen "buy one Lego set, get one 50% off" several times at TRU. It makes sense to wait for those.

That still wouldn't have helped :/

Half of $18.99 is $9.49.
But since both sets are priced $6 more than they should be, that means you're still paying more than you would somewhere else.

#88 MightyMegs

MightyMegs
  • Citizen
  • 4247 posts
  • Faction::Decepticon

Posted 16 December 2011 - 05:05 PM

QUOTE(NightViper @ Dec 16 2011, 04:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE(Waspinator @ Dec 16 2011, 04:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The DC sets in particular. They have the Batman/Catwoman set and the Superman/Wonder Woman/Lex Luther set (as well as some of the Hero Builder sets, but I didn't price those). The Batman set was $18.99 and the Superman set $25.99. I checked online to see how much they're "supposed" to be... $12.99 and $19.99. Yeah, no. I'm not paying $6 more just because TRU got them in first. I'll wait.

I bought them at TRU. I'm saving the receipt so that when Walmart gets them in cheaper, I'll buy them there, then return them to TRU. That'll learn em.

#89 Donocropolis

Donocropolis

Broom broom!

• Citizen
  • 3234 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 17 December 2011 - 09:16 AM

QUOTE(NightViper @ Dec 16 2011, 12:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE(Dissever @ Dec 16 2011, 01:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Also, I will continue to dearly hold onto my sentiments of LEGO for GIRLS is DUMB, they were /already/ for girls. *foot stomping* >:[ >:[ >:[ Belville can go die in a fire.

Didn't you know? It's not for girls unless it's in three shades of pink!

I think this is more of a problem with the purchaser than the end user. I was always trying to keep my little sister OUT of my Lego, and all of my nieces have like to play with my old bucket-o-bricks. The problem is that when Christmas and birthdays come around, its the parents (and aunts, uncles, etc.) that don't buy them for little girls because in their minds Lego are "boys' toys."

#90 Ashley

Ashley

• Citizen
  • 23928 posts

Posted 18 December 2011 - 09:17 PM

This is a cruddy phone picture, but I thought the X-Wing on a stand was cool enough to share. It's the one of the current Advent calendar plugged into a Bandai Tamashii stage.

And for the record, my mother is a Lego fan and has been since she was a kid so they've never really been boy-only toys outside of the minds of idiot parents.

#91 Luke

Luke
  • Retired Staff
  • 15021 posts
  • Faction::Cannonball's Pirate Crew

Posted 19 December 2011 - 01:05 AM

QUOTE(Dvandom @ Dec 16 2011, 02:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
There's blindbag Mega Blok Hello Kitty out now. I picked one up on a lark...it comes with a half-balloon that looks like a giant ladle with a wavy handle, and HK can't even hold it properly (it was originally part of the scenery of one of the small sets, and designed to rest against a wall). Lego probably looked at the HK Bloks and thought, "Damn, we really should be able to capitalize on the pink girly crap."

---Dave

Lego is doing it FAR batter, IMO. I was kind of hoping the Hello KittyBloks would get my girlfriend into Legos so I'd have a more equal partner-in-crime, but they're the building-block equivalent of a gingerbread house and accessory kit... 10% of the pieces that a "boys" set has for about the same price.

Still, I wanted to get her a HK minifig for Xmas. Target had the blindpacks for $3... and right down the aisle are the same figures with the same accessories, non-blindpacked, in little "scenery" packs, for $5 ($4.23 due to a sale!). A few of the minifigs have different paint, but not nearly to the extent that would justify it. I'm not sure who they're marketing to at this point... the girls getting the sets will already HAVE a ton of the same HK minifigs, so changing the bow color means very little. The women who like HK are likely to notice the better deal/prefer the backdrop and the lack of guessing games.

#92 wonko the sane?

wonko the sane?

Oh dear lord I am bored...

• Citizen
  • 43332 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 19 December 2011 - 09:19 AM

Okay, I want to know: Are the blind packed mega blocks marvel hero figs any good? I keep seeing them in more places than the blindpacked lego ones and they run about a buck cheaper. I'm also kinda interested in knowing if their compatible with lego studs. The damn things look pretty good, better detailing and articulation than lego figs and I seem to be all about the heroes right now.
Per Nick Nemesis's Suggestion: I hate everything.

#93 (Deactivated) BB Shockwave

(Deactivated) BB Shockwave
  • Guests

Posted 19 December 2011 - 09:25 AM

There are great deals on Lego in Hungary in some places (like, buy sets over 30$ and you get a free Lego SW keychain-figure - and if you buy over 50$, you get a chance to win a Death Star) - but sets still cost about double the money they cost in the USA. Stupid customs laws.

The old Ninjago sets are all priced to go, which is probably because (I hope) King Hiss and his sssnakemen are coming. icon-hotrod.gif I just wish they were cheaper. 12$ for a single figure with a spinner I have no use of...

QUOTE(Nanite @ Dec 16 2011, 09:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE(Dissever @ Dec 16 2011, 10:28 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I've been keeping up with my advent calendar, DVD. X-wing and Imperial shuttle are still my faves. icon-hotrod.gif

Blasphemy! Paradisa was awesome. My Blacktron needed a place to go on vacation. icon-fire.gif

And the Superhero sets are obnoxiously overpriced at TRU. I can wait.

Still none of the Bandits + Booze + Bears sets. I know it says Robbers Hideout, but those are Moonshiners... Or meth cookers.

Oh yeah, my sis had the big Paradisa hotel. That was awesome, though I often swiped the windows for my spaceships. icon-hotrod.gif
The Belleville or whatnot nonesense that followed was much less awesome, especially the figures. They looked creepy.

I do wish they brought back Fabulon, though. Loved those super-deformed cartoony cars and planes, and animals.

Edited by BB Shockwave, 19 December 2011 - 09:28 AM.

#94 Dvandom

Dvandom

Purveyor of Ponies. And Physics.

• Supporter
  • 17298 posts
  • Faction::Autobot

Posted 19 December 2011 - 11:10 AM

Yes, the blind-packed Mega figures are good. I prefer them over Lego minifigs in a lot of ways.

---Dave
DAVE'S WEBPAGES
-- www.eyrie.org/~dvandom/BW --
NEWS, REVIEWS and SIGHTINGS
-- www.dvandom.com --
ARTWORK and IMAGES

Pssst...if you
can't see my images,
try my deviantArt!

#95 Fortress Ironhold

Fortress Ironhold

Blasphemer

• Banned
  • 20567 posts

Posted 19 December 2011 - 11:14 AM

QUOTE(wonko the sane? @ Dec 19 2011, 08:19 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Okay, I want to know: Are the blind packed mega blocks marvel hero figs any good? I keep seeing them in more places than the blindpacked lego ones and they run about a buck cheaper. I'm also kinda interested in knowing if their compatible with lego studs. The damn things look pretty good, better detailing and articulation than lego figs and I seem to be all about the heroes right now.

Pros:

*Excellent articulation: knees, hips, waist, shoulders, elbows, wrists, neck

*Come with a 4 * 2 brick that serves as a stand

*Large feet enable some of the more balanced figures to stand on their own on a flat surface

Cons:

*Head and limbs must be popped on, which can be tricky.

*Large feet means that figures must stand on edges of bricks and templates if you wish to stick them on pegs.

#96 NightViper

NightViper

Ehhhhh...

• Retired Staff
  • 42535 posts

Posted 19 December 2011 - 11:16 AM

QUOTE(Dvandom @ Dec 19 2011, 11:10 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yes, the blind-packed Mega figures are good. I prefer them over Lego minifigs in a lot of ways.

---Dave

I very much like the Halo ones, despite never playing the video games. They are just fun little sci-fi dudes.

The Marvel ones are ok, as long as you get the masked ones. The ones with human faces are...off-putting. They're too small for the eyes they put on them, so they look pretty bad, in my opinion.

#97 Ashley

Ashley

• Citizen
  • 23928 posts

Posted 19 December 2011 - 11:42 AM

I like the Halo and Marvel Mega Bloks figures. They're like tiny action figures. Don't really fit in very well next to normal Lego figures, though. They look too different. Much less cartoon-y.

#98 Fortress Ironhold

Fortress Ironhold

Blasphemer

• Banned
  • 20567 posts

Posted 19 December 2011 - 12:26 PM

Guess who made the front page of this week's Business Week?

I literally just now got it in my hands, and so haven't been able to read the article for myself yet.

#99 (Deactivated) Smitty

(Deactivated) Smitty
  • Guests

Posted 19 December 2011 - 02:14 PM

QUOTE(Waspinator @ Dec 15 2011, 09:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yeah, I need this. A pretty nice set of vehicles, a cabin, and a BEAR. Awesome:

http://shop.lego.com...rs-Hideout-4438

You forgot the campaign caps.

Also I made this.

#100 Cabooceratops

Cabooceratops

Former Staff~

• Citizen
  • 22949 posts
  • Faction::Dinobot

Posted 19 December 2011 - 02:31 PM

Hero Factory! High five, Smitty! icon-hotrod.gif

Edited by Cabooceratops, 19 December 2011 - 02:34 PM.

Like my art? I do commissions!! -> https://www.allspark...

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users