Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  Maximus Ambus : (20 November 2019 - 01:05 PM)

On my shelf I have Ginrai donning the Star Convoy armor.

@  Liege : (19 November 2019 - 07:42 AM)

That he is.

@  Benbot : (18 November 2019 - 04:01 PM)

And a good boy

@  Liege : (18 November 2019 - 09:19 AM)

Hound is at least a very good toy.

@  ThunderWear : (18 November 2019 - 09:11 AM)

Hound is the only other one that even comes close to Chromia in my area, and he ships in two separate waves.

@  Liege : (18 November 2019 - 08:58 AM)

This might be how they finally get rid of all the Chromias. I've not seen a shelfwarmer like that in ages.

@  RichardT1977 : (17 November 2019 - 08:26 PM)

It's a good deal if you want a full set of Refraktor (and if they have them at your location)

@  TheMightyMol... : (17 November 2019 - 04:43 PM)

Here we can buy two and get one free, but at least two of them are gonna be the same toy, because lol distribution.

@  Bass X0 : (17 November 2019 - 01:01 PM)

In the U.K., it’s more like you but two, you only get one given how expensive they are.

@  RichardT1977 : (17 November 2019 - 11:38 AM)

Transformers are Buy 2 Get 1 free at Target this week.

@  Bass X0 : (17 November 2019 - 04:29 AM)

2019 has been one long South Park episode.

@  Sjogre : (16 November 2019 - 10:46 PM)

Okay, that actually sounds pretty fun.

@  Maximus Ambus : (15 November 2019 - 12:49 PM)

It was set in the forties, featured Nazi's as the villains and had Kiko fight mostly Ice Age animals and a mythical dragon that now ruled the island guarding Kongs treasure.

@  Paladin : (15 November 2019 - 11:37 AM)

and it was ALSO eleven hours long.

@  Maximus Ambus : (15 November 2019 - 10:55 AM)

In a alternate reality Peter Jackson made Son of Kong.

@  wonko the sane? : (15 November 2019 - 09:30 AM)

To be fair to boba: everyone else to go into the sarlacc was a sacrifice. Stripped almost naked and tossed, and didn't have body armor, a jetpack and a weapon.

@  TheMightyMol... : (15 November 2019 - 06:54 AM)

Nah, he just has to keep up his plot insurance payments so he can shoot his way out of the Sarlacc again.

@  PlutoniumBoss : (15 November 2019 - 02:59 AM)

Funny, but everyone knows he bounty hunts for Jabba Hutt to finance his 'Vette.

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (15 November 2019 - 02:54 AM)

Okay.. Not sure why.. but streaming is harder than jsut playing the game.. even though that's pretty much what I was doing.

@  Xellos : (14 November 2019 - 06:47 PM)

What type of vehicle does Boba Fett use for time travel? A Man-DeLorean.

@  TM2-Megatron : (14 November 2019 - 03:55 PM)

Admittedly, it's been a long time since I've been to a walk-in clinic, as I tend not to get sick (and the one time I do every 4-5 years, I prefer just riding it out at home), but the last time I went I'm pretty sure you could just show up, no appointment. It may be different in Quebec,though

@  Nevermore : (14 November 2019 - 02:36 PM)

One thing to note about health insurance in Germany is that we have a two-class system: mandatory health insurance is basically the economy class, while private health insurance is the business class.

@  Nevermore : (14 November 2019 - 02:32 PM)

My local doctor is actually a shared office with several doctors where you will get randomly assigned to one of the doctors available that day.

@  Nevermore : (14 November 2019 - 02:30 PM)

Also, employers are required by law to cover part of their employees' health insurance fees, so I only have to pay my part.

@  Nevermore : (14 November 2019 - 02:28 PM)

Basic examinations and sick notes (known as "work-inability certificates" in Germany) for the employer are covered by our health insurances by default.

@  TheMightyMol... : (14 November 2019 - 12:02 PM)

Around here, we can go to a walk-in clinic whenever, but might have to wait in the queue until there's a doctor available, which can take hours on a busy day. And then hope our insurance will cover anything.

@  wonko the sane? : (14 November 2019 - 07:38 AM)

There actually are a good number of clinics around here: but the walk ins require an appointment (what?) and are only done once a week. IF you can get an appointment, you see a doctor usually within 40 minutes, but good luck getting the appointment.

@  Nevermore : (14 November 2019 - 03:35 AM)

Depending on the day.

@  Nevermore : (14 November 2019 - 03:35 AM)

We have family doctors (called "house doctors") with regular office hours where you may need an hour or two of waiting time.

@  TM2-Megatron : (14 November 2019 - 12:50 AM)

Two weeks? That seems a little long; are there not a lot of walk-in clinics around you?

@  wonko the sane? : (13 November 2019 - 07:01 PM)

Does germany make it quick and easy to see a doctor too? Cause an emergency doctor visit can take two weeks out here, and an emergency ROOM visit can take 18-24 hours.

@  Nevermore : (13 November 2019 - 06:43 PM)

(Good thing is, under German law, if you call in sick during your vacation and see a doctor immediately, you get to keep your vacation days.)

@  Nevermore : (13 November 2019 - 06:42 PM)

Too bad. My plans wee to do two more overtime hours before having my last day of vacation for the year on Friday. Oh well.

@  Nevermore : (13 November 2019 - 06:41 PM)

So I'm currently on medical leave for a particularly stupid reason: Burned my back with a hot-water bag while sleeping last night. Though the doctor said I'm hardly the first person to have this happen to them.

@  Patch : (13 November 2019 - 06:11 PM)

Just a particularly odious example of the 90s era of depicting transgender women as either the subject of crude humor, or "Jerry Springer" material.

@  Ashley : (13 November 2019 - 04:55 PM)

I think Ace Ventura legit contributed to me spending years in self denial. I will never be ok with Jim Carrey.

@  Benbot : (13 November 2019 - 01:22 PM)

I thought he since changed his tune.

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (13 November 2019 - 12:51 PM)

Jim Carry Paladin?

@  Maximus Ambus : (13 November 2019 - 12:22 PM)

Don't doubt what he can do. Sonic the Hedgehog!

@  Paladin : (13 November 2019 - 11:51 AM)

not giving a dime to a transphobic antivaxxer.

@  wonko the sane? : (13 November 2019 - 11:25 AM)

It'll be a terrible movie if jim carrey phones it in. Otherwise it should be decent.

@  Paladin : (13 November 2019 - 10:45 AM)

sonics' still gonna be a terrible movie but at least they whined loud enough to make him look passable for a 2-minute trailer. "yay."

@  ▲ndrusi : (13 November 2019 - 10:37 AM)

But of course to annoying people there's no such thing as different decisions made for different reasons, there is only "I like it so it's right" and "I don't like it so it's wrong."

@  ▲ndrusi : (13 November 2019 - 10:35 AM)

Even if we pretend it's objective truth that they were both bad, then they were bad in very different ways.

@  ▲ndrusi : (13 November 2019 - 10:33 AM)

Sonic's previous movie design looked genuinely bad. The Transformers '07 designs just looked insufficiently like what certain loud and obnoxious parts of the fandom think Transformers are required to always look like.

@  Otaku : (13 November 2019 - 08:50 AM)

Um... Purple Monkey Dishwasher?

@  TheMightyMol... : (13 November 2019 - 08:25 AM)

Do we really need to have Every Movie Transformer Thread Ever in the Squawkbox?

@  Bass X0 : (13 November 2019 - 08:13 AM)

Sure it made money but that doesn’t mean it has appealing character designs. Lot of god awful fugly faces in the Transformers movies.

@  Otaku : (12 November 2019 - 08:25 PM)

@Liege My issue with Transformers (2007) were elements I thought were unnecessary.  I know it was supposed to just be a joke, but I didn't ever need to hear about "Sam's Happy Time". >.> Which, being in awe of the first "live action" TF-film, didn't even register until I'd already purchased and watched it on DVD a few times (after seeing it in theaters 3 times).

@  Liege : (12 November 2019 - 08:22 PM)

For all the Bayisms in the 07 movie, it was tempered by Spielberg as producer. Designs aside it was an enjoyable popcorn blockbuster about a boy and his first car who happens to be an alien from another planet. They sequels are just Bay going unchecked after he proved how much bank he could bring in.

Photo
* * * * * 3 votes

Lego Thread 3.0 - and off-brand bricks too

Best Answer Wheelimus, 31 July 2018 - 05:59 PM

Hey everyone we've got something exciting to announce - now when you're going to buy LEGO anyway you can simultaneously support The Allspark! Here's some links for ya!

General link (note the free shipping on orders over $35)

Sale items link

Thanks for reading and thanks for supporting the community!

Travis

Go to the full post

5739 replies to this topic

#5681 Superomegaprime

Superomegaprime
  • Citizen
  • 3595 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 19 February 2019 - 04:00 PM

I got the lego movie 2 emmet's dream house set, this is a pain of a set to build as just the house, it took me around about 3 hours, I not done the alterative form as a space ship, YET but its a troublesome kit to build, it seems kind of straight forward but its not, thou I would say the weakest of the house desgin is nothing to latch the two halves of the house together beyond just holding it with your hands, that is on top of the fact its bags aren't numbered, so you have to pretty much make a huge mess and start building from that, so one couldn't really finish a bag and then take a break of a few hours or a day without having to spend time tidying up. The house is two levels with windows that open up and has some small details, such as a table and a sofa but no bed as such or fridge but there is a cooker plus some outdoor structures and a tape deck to likely play "Everything is awesome!" Figure wise, you get Emmet, Lucy, Unikitty plus whoever that new bloke is (I didn't look at the box for his idenity and can't go and look now as I already recycled the box thus gone, but I don't really care at this point).

36428543702_ff3b1fc457_m.jpg

#5682 Benbot

Benbot

What a nerd

• Supporter
  • 5422 posts

Posted 20 February 2019 - 11:30 AM

I don't care about the Flintstones as it was well before my time, but I'm really tempted to pick up the set because it's such a unique and interesting build.  

#5683 Betty Nor

Betty Nor
  • Citizen
  • 7762 posts

Posted 20 February 2019 - 08:50 PM

I watched the Flintstones way back in the day.  The lack of Dino actually pushed this one into the pass column.

I may change my mind later.

#5684 Superomegaprime

Superomegaprime
  • Citizen
  • 3595 posts

Posted 21 February 2019 - 04:53 PM

I use to watch a bit of the Flinstones when I was younger but I never really got into it, I think a lot of it, just went above my head at the time, about the only thing I can seriously recall outside of the openning song was the main cast names, everyone else I had no clue of their names! As for the lego kit, I'll pass, as I said, I wasn't seriously into it and still not that serious about it, it a product of its time but holds little value to me, much like the Simpsons do not hold my interst any longer!

#5685 HellCat

HellCat

Opinionated idiot

• Citizen
  • 28707 posts

Posted 23 February 2019 - 01:54 PM

Saw LEGO Movie 2.

Rushed and underwhelming. Apparently this director did Trolls and it shows. Took the clever twist of the movie and managed to overcomplicate it whilst doing a far more generic plot. Some characters return despite having no real role. Jokes are fired way too quick.

LEGO Movie 2 is what people expected LEGO Movie to be. Ugh.

#5686 gearshift

gearshift

insanely here for buff ROM

• Citizen
  • 2346 posts

Posted 24 February 2019 - 09:36 AM

Hey y'alls! I post a lot in the Discord channel for LEGO stuff, but I'd completely forgotten this topic was a thing. I just want to post this here, since things can quickly scroll away on there:

egg_1.png

I've been working on this Sonic Mania-themed LEGO Ideas project for a while now. I've written a bit more on the campaign listing itself, but if you're not familiar with LEGO Ideas, it's a mechanism through which fans can showcase concepts that could get turned into real releases... with the caveat of requiring 10,000 votes. That's a bit of a long journey, but I feel like it's feasible.

Anyone here interested?

#5687 Boss Borot

Boss Borot
  • Citizen
  • 4567 posts
  • Faction::RIBFIR

Posted 24 February 2019 - 02:54 PM

Weird that they leave Dino out of the set, and then put him on a missing poster on the tv. Buncha smartasses :D

#5688 Benbot

Benbot

What a nerd

• Supporter
  • 5422 posts

Posted 24 February 2019 - 02:59 PM

Haha, I didn't notice that.  Pretty clever.

#5689 Superomegaprime

Superomegaprime
  • Citizen
  • 3595 posts

Posted 24 February 2019 - 03:28 PM

Any time I see a lego Sonic, I think "WTF have they done to him?" Sonic's body is meant to be round, not squared, also his legs are to short, and where are the spikes for his back? He is a hedgehog after all, just one that is blue and can run faster than the speed of sound!

#5690 Nutjob R/T

Nutjob R/T

I love this thread.

• Citizen
  • 25347 posts
  • Faction::Autobot

Posted 24 February 2019 - 05:16 PM

Increased velocity is a mandatory requirement
Earth is Kill because Santa.

#5691 PlutoniumBoss

PlutoniumBoss

In whatever heinous realm that it squats...

• Citizen
  • 6829 posts
  • Faction::Unicron's Spawn

Posted 27 February 2019 - 03:12 AM

Friend Computer says going fast is mandatory. Are you going fast, citizen?

In need of Movie Arcee's missile, PM me if you have a spare.

#5692 ZootyCutie

ZootyCutie
  • Protoform
  • 30 posts

Posted 11 March 2019 - 09:49 PM

Just managed to score a good LEGO deal on eBay recently. I'm an avid Mixels collector (helped on the wiki tons, still do, and my avatar's a Mixels character), but I made the mistake of starting right when Series 1 was starting to wane, so I missed out on a couple S1 Mixels, and since those were 2014-levels of LEGO, they rack up awful prices on lots now.

Someone sold Vulk for $3.50 with $3 shipping, only a $1.50 higher than the list price that Mixels normally were, so that's the best deal I've ever seen for a now-five year old set, and now I only have three Mixels to go. This was such a great theme, LEGO really needs something that captures this vein again.

#5693 Cabooceratops

Cabooceratops

Girl Whomst Love Girls

• Staff
  • 22575 posts
  • Faction::Dinobot

Posted 12 March 2019 - 12:54 AM

Completely agreed. Mixels were a perfect bite sized LEGO set. Full of personality, inventive builds, and cool new parts.

And those little ball joints aaaaaaaa

Edited by Cabooceratops, 12 March 2019 - 12:54 AM.

Like my art? I do commissions!! -> https://www.allspark...

#5694 Marduk

Marduk
  • Citizen
  • 1668 posts
  • Faction::Maximal

Posted 12 March 2019 - 05:49 PM

I didn't get all the Mixels, but I did love those little guys. 

I wish Lego had a similar line right now, because they were great fiddle sets.

~Marduk

#5695 fourteenwings

fourteenwings
  • Citizen
  • 1931 posts

Posted 15 March 2019 - 12:04 PM

Got some of the Fantastic Beasts (and Harry Potter) Collectible Minifigures. I got Tina Goldstein (whose name I always have to look up), Jacob Kowalski and Professor Sybil Trelawney.

To be honest, none of them were in my top 10, but I like Jacob well enough. I didn't know Professor Trelawney's cup went in her plate, so I ended up putting one of Jacob's cookies in the plate. It's a unique paint-job, compared to my LEGO Friends ones which all seem to be the exact same brand of chocolate chip.

I love Trelawney's hair, so I ended up putting it on my Friends Andrea and it looks pretty epic. It's almost like the whole boho look was made for her.. I just wish it was the Friends hair piece plastic rather than the hard plastic, I like the feel of the sort rubbery Friends plastic better. I also tried Andrea's hair on Trelawney and it really softens up her look, makes her more versatile as an older teacher/mentor/etc character.

Edited by fourteenwings, 15 March 2019 - 12:04 PM.

All that really matters is we could be friends

✰Japanimation Connoisseur✰

#5696 blueskyscribe

blueskyscribe
  • Citizen
  • 188 posts
  • Faction::Decepticon

Posted 05 April 2019 - 08:24 AM

Are there any Ahsoka Lego (or other brick) minifigures?  (From Star Wars.)  I have a friend who's a huge Ahsoka fan.

#5697 tec

tec

classic

• Supporter
  • 31302 posts
  • Faction::Lesbian Ninja

Posted 05 April 2019 - 11:40 PM

Picked up my first Lego set in what a year?

Speed Champs(So glad we got more of theses gems) McLaren Senna

And what a build it has some new parts I have never seen the build was kinda nuts and did some odd things to get the look

Pics to come

Visit my store! Vintage toys (SW/ST/TFs Collectables)

www.vintagenerdvana.com

Wait. Wait, wait, wait. Are you telling me that tec has a job? I thought his sole reasons for existence are cheesecake and horrible grammar.-Shadowman024

#5698 chiasaur11

chiasaur11
  • Citizen
  • 3051 posts

Posted 06 April 2019 - 12:24 AM

Are there any Ahsoka Lego (or other brick) minifigures?  (From Star Wars.)  I have a friend who's a huge Ahsoka fan.

Yeah, although I don't know if they've been in print for a while.

Looks like just picking up a figure wouldn't run you more than about ten bucks, though, assuming you don't want a set to go with her. 

#5699 tec

tec

classic

• Supporter
  • 31302 posts
  • Faction::Lesbian Ninja

Posted 06 April 2019 - 09:10 AM

Speed Champs man I wish Lambo could join in the fun and that I had all the non american kits

100_3737.JPG 100_3740.JPG

Visit my store! Vintage toys (SW/ST/TFs Collectables)

www.vintagenerdvana.com

Wait. Wait, wait, wait. Are you telling me that tec has a job? I thought his sole reasons for existence are cheesecake and horrible grammar.-Shadowman024

#5700 fourteenwings

fourteenwings
  • Citizen
  • 1931 posts

Posted 02 May 2019 - 12:11 AM

Preview images for the Summer LEGO Friends sets are out, and I think it's fair to say I'm mostly excited and a skosh disappointed. We got no new boys. Instead we have the Always Working Zack in yet another new job (ice cream stand operator slash pirate?), and two Ethans in the exact same outfit he was wearing in his debut last year.

However, I didn't get that Ethan, so I'm glad I have another opportunity to grab him (and in a very cool set, I should add). I'm also a bit sad there's no new set with Liam or Mason, since I've been looking to get them too, but there's always the older sets that are still available within reason (for now, because prices on these can skyrocket after a while).

As for the positives, I'm glad we're getting so many new fashion pieces/torsos as well as some favorites I didn't get the first time around too. I'm glad we're getting not one, but two alternate blonde hair-pieces since I'm not a fan of Stephanie's default piece (one is even for her!). The new Heart Boxes are great too. I was surprised at how much I enjoyed building the only one I got from the first wave, and I plan to get more from that wave too.

Though I didn't exactly want my first year of like, serious collecting to start with a beach line, I love beach lines so I'm glad this extends from "hanging out" wear to "ocean rescue" gear. I'm also glad to see at least one new girl (Kacey) in a set that reminds me of one of my favorite older (now-defunct) LEGO themes.

There are a couple of sets that are yet to be revealed though; the new Friends theme art features Olivia in a weird bathing suit and Stephanie in The Coolest Lifeguard Outfit so I can't wait to see those.

I'm hoping we get a Stephanie's Lifeguard station with Mason, so they can be a cool Brother-Sister team.

Edited by fourteenwings, 02 May 2019 - 12:12 AM.

All that really matters is we could be friends

✰Japanimation Connoisseur✰

Reply to this topic

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users