Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (26 May 2019 - 07:12 PM)

Pleasant news.

@  Nevermore : (26 May 2019 - 04:06 PM)

Also, the rising stars are the Greens, especially in Germany.

@  Nevermore : (26 May 2019 - 04:06 PM)

Also, a surprising number of voters showed up to the polls, all across the EU. Which is a good sign.

@  Nevermore : (26 May 2019 - 04:05 PM)

Soooo. Another election day is over. Less stressful than the last one, at least.

@  Nevermore : (25 May 2019 - 05:09 PM)

Oooookay, Babylon Berlin. That's gotta be Plot Convenient News Urgent Edition or something.

@  wonko the sane? : (25 May 2019 - 12:03 PM)

I had no idea the beeb was renting out the dr.who writting staff to hollywood.

@  TM2-Megatron : (25 May 2019 - 11:50 AM)

A poodle, some clouds, and a giant drop of water

@  TheMightyMol... : (25 May 2019 - 05:53 AM)

Was that the one where he fights gamma mutant poodles?

@  unluckiness : (25 May 2019 - 03:14 AM)

The CG in that movie was fantastic. Shame Donkey and Fiona were written out of the movie though.

@  TM2-Megatron : (25 May 2019 - 01:20 AM)

Don't worry, though. Ang Lee's Hulk has made it, so if physical media goes this year we can all die happy

@  TM2-Megatron : (25 May 2019 - 01:12 AM)

It's not on 4K yet. Sure would be nice, though

@  Pennpenn : (25 May 2019 - 12:56 AM)

Probably, when I remember to.

@  Telly : (24 May 2019 - 11:11 PM)

you should buy it on bluray or 4k

@  Pennpenn : (24 May 2019 - 09:56 PM)

It's still not up on netflix. Bah!

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (24 May 2019 - 03:26 PM)

We named the dog "Indiana".

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (24 May 2019 - 03:25 PM)

Happy 30 years to Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade!

@  TheMightyMol... : (24 May 2019 - 01:35 PM)

Truly they are the compleat package.

@  PlutoniumBoss : (24 May 2019 - 01:24 PM)

Made from the metallized ashes of their previous enemies.

@  MEDdMI : (24 May 2019 - 07:40 AM)

They fight you with sparkles.

@  TheMightyMol... : (24 May 2019 - 03:40 AM)

Phyrexians are the bishie-est.

@  unluckiness : (24 May 2019 - 12:29 AM)

That's why they always wear long sleeved shirts and long pants

@  fourteenwings : (23 May 2019 - 11:36 PM)

Everybody knows the most bishie thing about any bishie is his exposed sinew.

@  MEDdMI : (23 May 2019 - 10:04 PM)

*looks up the humanoid slivers* ...really? People were calling those bishies?

@  TheMightyMol... : (23 May 2019 - 12:45 PM)

Have they made a sliver planeswalker yet?

@  RichardT1977 : (23 May 2019 - 10:29 AM)

"DECOMPOSE!"

@  Paladin : (23 May 2019 - 06:29 AM)

will they next evolve into Inhumanoids?

@  Ashley : (23 May 2019 - 02:42 AM)

the original slivers were spikey monsters. then the evolved into humanoids. now they're back to spikey bug monsters.

@  MEDdMI : (22 May 2019 - 10:42 PM)

Wait. Slivers were bishies???

@  unluckiness : (22 May 2019 - 10:40 PM)

They haven't necessarily looped yet. It's possible they're stuck in "yaoi anatomy"

@  Ashley : (22 May 2019 - 10:35 PM)

I think Slivers in MTG have crossed the bishonen line and looped back around to monstrous

@  wonko the sane? : (22 May 2019 - 09:48 PM)

Maxi, provigo, loblaws.

@  RichardT1977 : (22 May 2019 - 09:42 PM)

Which store brand is it?

@  wonko the sane? : (22 May 2019 - 05:52 PM)

I need to buy more "no name" foods. This pizza is freaking awesome.

@  Bass X0 : (20 May 2019 - 11:16 AM)

SEND THE BOOKS!!

@  Cybersnark : (20 May 2019 - 08:52 AM)

So, now that Game of Thrones is over, when can we get back to The Dragon Prince?

@  unluckiness : (20 May 2019 - 12:19 AM)

Like, half of them nowadays are montages of tweet screencaps from the writer's inbox

@  unluckiness : (20 May 2019 - 12:18 AM)

lol you expected integrity from internet news

@  fourteenwings : (19 May 2019 - 11:33 PM)

I'm mostly confused how news sites went from "Analysing all the amazingness of Game of Thrones" to "Fans sure don't like this season!", like... way to prioritize clicks over a solid editorial opinion

@  fourteenwings : (19 May 2019 - 11:30 PM)

[and there's a recurring setting of a "derelict industrial site"] is this like the Toei Quarry?

@  MEDdMI : (19 May 2019 - 11:17 PM)

@Foffy and then that giant lasagna just tipped over and killed everyone, to be later known as the infamous Bad Monday event.

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (19 May 2019 - 10:59 PM)

Ahahaha!!! Go read the reactions for yourself. To say anything more here risks spoiling the finale for subscribing Allsparkers, the quality of this season notwithstanding.

@  Foffy : (19 May 2019 - 10:59 PM)

pretty wild how heathcliff was in the game of thrones finale, i was not expecting that crossover

@  TM2-Megatron : (19 May 2019 - 10:48 PM)

were they still super pissed?

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (19 May 2019 - 10:48 PM)

Well, as someone who is not into Game of Thrones, it sure was entertaining to open up social media this evening to unexpectedly see headlines about fan reactions to the finale. Lmao.

@  Nevermore : (19 May 2019 - 06:12 PM)

But it's also a SUPER-well known location in my region, so these extensive exterior shots without any post production alterations completely ruin the illusion for me.

@  Nevermore : (19 May 2019 - 06:11 PM)

I mean, I get why they did it: It's an existing location that fits the purpose, it's open for the public, and they had to shoot some scenes in my home state anyway to due a subsidizing deal.

@  Nevermore : (19 May 2019 - 06:09 PM)

Needless to say, it's not in Berlin, and even what's seen onscreen is waaaaay too modern for something that's supposed to exist in 1929 (even moreso as a derelict site in 1929). The structures seen haven't even been built until the 1960s!

@  Nevermore : (19 May 2019 - 06:07 PM)

I'm currently in the process of watching season 2 of Babylon Berlin, and there's a recurring setting of a "derelict industrial site" or whatever it's supposed to be on the show, and I easily recognize it as a place only a few minutes from where I live (it's actually a former ironworks site that's been turned into a public park).

@  Xellos : (19 May 2019 - 05:52 PM)

Ever since I went to Japan last year, I have friend who dread watching anime with me due to that...

@  Xellos : (19 May 2019 - 05:51 PM)

Not hugely, but I am the type to notice places once I have been there and say "Hey, I've been there!"

Photo
* * * * * 3 votes

Lego Thread 3.0 - and off-brand bricks too

Best Answer Wheelimus, 31 July 2018 - 05:59 PM

Hey everyone we've got something exciting to announce - now when you're going to buy LEGO anyway you can simultaneously support The Allspark! Here's some links for ya!

General link (note the free shipping on orders over $35)

Sale items link

Thanks for reading and thanks for supporting the community!

Travis

Go to the full post

5714 replies to this topic

#5661 K Gatzby

K Gatzby

Mew.

• Supporter
  • 4727 posts
  • Faction::Vehicon

Posted 26 January 2019 - 09:05 PM

I just saw the sneak preview of LEGO Movie 2. Its probably number 3 behind LEGO Batman and LEGO Movie 1, but it has the best songs of the three (I never bothered seeing Ninjago).
Signatures are overrated.

#5662 Benbot

Benbot

What a nerd

• Supporter
  • 5049 posts

Posted 27 January 2019 - 02:59 PM

Ninjago wasn't great.  More of a "rent it" movie.  

#5663 Superomegaprime

Superomegaprime
  • Citizen
  • 3092 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 27 January 2019 - 03:41 PM

Ninjago, I've not seen a single ep of the show let alone the movie, with the movie, all I seen is the trailer but it didn't say "WOW" to me, I put Lego Batman higher than the first Lego movie, the first one was good up until they broke the suspense of disbelief that this was a alterative world where people made of lego exist, I just didn't like seeing real humans in the film, it just derailed the plot for me and my enjoyment, while Lego Batman was a superior film, besides its Batman, what's not to like?

Anyway I've gotten two kits from the new movie line, the first is Unikitty & Warrior Lucy, (includes Emment), the other is: Battle Ready, Batman & Metalbeard. I like Batman's armour in his kit, Metalbeard is much less than before (clearly someone couldn't find all of his body parts) Unikitty is a reasonable build, of course there is the option of swapping faces, of course that kit comes with an alien creature, it has one eye, is bright green and blue but I have very little clue as to what it is beyond being an alien one eyed brick creature from SPACE!

36428543702_ff3b1fc457_m.jpg

#5664 Dvandom

Dvandom

Purveyor of Ponies. And Physics.

• Supporter
  • 16848 posts
  • Faction::Autobot

Posted 27 January 2019 - 05:47 PM

I remain amused that a lot of the kits have you build Duplo aliens out of Lego pieces.

---Dave

DAVE'S WEBPAGES
-- www.eyrie.org/~dvandom/BW --
NEWS, REVIEWS and SIGHTINGS
-- www.dvandom.com --
ARTWORK and IMAGES

Pssst...if you
can't see my images,
try my deviantArt!

#5665 Superomegaprime

Superomegaprime
  • Citizen
  • 3092 posts

Posted 28 January 2019 - 03:41 PM

I remain amused that a lot of the kits have you build Duplo aliens out of Lego pieces.

---Dave

Well kids aren't that into Duplo with the target age group, besides, where is the fun in building a alien from just Duplo when your into proper lego?

#5666 Daith

Daith

My Nyah brings all the girls to the yard

• Supporter
  • 8932 posts
  • Faction::Maximal

Posted 29 January 2019 - 03:16 AM

I believe I saw a Duplo kit with Duplo versions of Emmet and Lucy I think at Walmart

Edit: yep I sure did.

https://www.lego.com...lo-planet-10895

Edited by Daith, 29 January 2019 - 03:18 AM.

#5667 grifter

grifter

ninja squirrel attack!

• Citizen
  • 772 posts

Posted 29 January 2019 - 01:22 PM

Ninjago, I've not seen a single ep of the show let alone the movie, with the movie, all I seen is the trailer but it didn't say "WOW" to me, I put Lego Batman higher than the first Lego movie, the first one was good up until they broke the suspense of disbelief that this was a alterative world where people made of lego exist, I just didn't like seeing real humans in the film, it just derailed the plot for me and my enjoyment, while Lego Batman was a superior film, besides its Batman, what's not to like?

Anyway I've gotten two kits from the new movie line, the first is Unikitty & Warrior Lucy, (includes Emment), the other is: Battle Ready, Batman & Metalbeard. I like Batman's armour in his kit, Metalbeard is much less than before (clearly someone couldn't find all of his body parts) Unikitty is a reasonable build, of course there is the option of swapping faces, of course that kit comes with an alien creature, it has one eye, is bright green and blue but I have very little clue as to what it is beyond being an alien one eyed brick creature from SPACE!

while i very much want to see the movie, i'm not nearly as interested in the sets (at least wave 1, thus far) as i was with the first movie. both spaceships are interesting, but i haven't been able to pull the trigger on them. how is the articulation on Unikitty???

[insert witty, philosophical, controversial, and/or deep quote here]

#5668 Dvandom

Dvandom

Purveyor of Ponies. And Physics.

• Supporter
  • 16848 posts
  • Faction::Autobot

Posted 29 January 2019 - 05:50 PM

I haven't gotten giant rage Unikitty, but it does look to have ball joints in a bunch of places.  Any articulation issues would be more along the lines of spikes blocking the range.

---Dave, got a bunch of Unikitty blindbags for $1 each on clearance at Walmart the other day...about worth that.

DAVE'S WEBPAGES
-- www.eyrie.org/~dvandom/BW --
NEWS, REVIEWS and SIGHTINGS
-- www.dvandom.com --
ARTWORK and IMAGES

Pssst...if you
can't see my images,
try my deviantArt!

#5669 Boss Borot

Boss Borot
  • Citizen
  • 4530 posts
  • Faction::Dinobot

Posted 29 January 2019 - 06:38 PM

I'm not sure if I want many of the Movie 2 sets, but I really do like the Pop-Up Party Bus. Probably give the weird minifigs to my niece though.

Maybe get the Rex-Treme Offroader too (raptor quaaaaad), or the Escape Buggy.

#5670 Superomegaprime

Superomegaprime
  • Citizen
  • 3092 posts

Posted 29 January 2019 - 06:44 PM

I haven't gotten giant rage Unikitty, but it does look to have ball joints in a bunch of places.  Any articulation issues would be more along the lines of spikes blocking the range.

The spikes aren't a major problem, they are on clip joints, thus move out of the way when you bend the legs, the spikes around the side of the head move along with the head which is on a ball joint, the paws can move up and down, for the most part, its feline body movement style, the tail can move about as that's on ball joints, the shoulder connections to the body are where the ball joints are, overall its a reasonable range of movement but no human arms out poses due to desgin but that's fine with me as its meant to be a four legged creature, you can do a full 360 on each leg as the spikes at the side of the head move about to be however you want them to be! The front shoulder pads are on clip joints so their not in the way, there's two spikes on the back of the body that can move up and down and cover where Emment can stand or someone else, say for example a lego Zombie!

Well hopefully tomorow, I'll do some major repairs to my big lego castle, its gotten a bit wrecked by my six year old nephew while I've been at work, the front needs serious repair, so its a scenic ruin, currently, plus I plan to add to large base boards I bought a while back to the two already in place, hopefully that make it a bit more stable, it will take a while to sort out as I get the walls repaired and the top part of the front gate fixed! I think my nephew is curious to how cullis the gate part works that or he obessed with destorying it as apart of whatever game he was playing, this includes taking the tresure out of the chests and leaving it scattered everywhere, I'm thinking of moving the chests over to my dark fortress and say the bad guys stole the tressure (he doesn't play with that model as its elsewhere and not in the room where he its aloud to go!)

#5671 Betty Nor

Betty Nor
  • Citizen
  • 7685 posts

Posted 09 February 2019 - 12:36 AM

Saw the new film.  Fell asleep through a couple of the musical numbers.  Thought it was bland overall.

Surprisingly, my favourite things were the Party Bus and General Mayhem Spaceship designs.

It was actually worse than Ninjago - Ninjago at least got a few chuckles out of me.

#5672 Fero McPigletron

Fero McPigletron

Not a Maverick! Maybe.

• Citizen
  • 8223 posts
  • Faction::Maximal

Posted 09 February 2019 - 01:50 PM

Saw The Lego Movie 2. It's still jump cutty, colorful, explosion but I think there's way more retro/adult references than the first one (would kids know Bruce Willis from Die Hard? Or Vicki Vale?).

It follows the first movie's sensitive part. With the catchy and not-catchy songs, I did sorta, almost tear up a bit, even though I knew that's where it was going.

FWXOT0z.gif

TOY DRAMA THEATER!

1 minute of (minimal) lights, (steady) camera and...  ACTION FIGURES! (mostly Transformers) - Episode 031: Combiners and chest envy 

Episodes here

#5673 Superomegaprime

Superomegaprime
  • Citizen
  • 3092 posts

Posted 09 February 2019 - 06:01 PM

Surprisingly, my favourite things were the Party Bus and General Mayhem Spaceship designs.

You got me thinking:

Benny really needs his own mini series, exploring lego space!

#5674 Confuzor

Confuzor

They put em in Smash Bros!!!!

• Supporter
  • 7770 posts

Posted 10 February 2019 - 01:40 PM

I really enjoyed it, but it wasn't as good as the first.

I loved the time machine gag.

Queen Whatevra's animation was absolutely stunning. That must've been madness to animate!

#5675 fourteenwings

fourteenwings
  • Citizen
  • 1553 posts

Posted 15 February 2019 - 07:10 AM

I haven't really collected much LEGO lately, but I have had the Friends Tree House from last year (year 1 of the reboot) on display in my room for about 8-9 months. I needed to clear up some space so I made a few tiiiiny modifications to the build. Mostly it was to get rid of the rope ladder.

XB4h2T7.jpg

Spoiler

It was really fun to fidget around with the set for the first time in forever (though I lost two of the flowers under my bookcase already) and photographing it was a blast.

As for new sets;

1. There's a bunch of Friends stuff I want, but that's always the case
  2. I also want the Disney Princess Jasmine and Aladdin's Palace Adventures set, but it seems quite costly for something with very little build (it does take up quite a bit of space though). It's the only way to get Minidoll Aladdin, unfortunately.
  3. I want the boy minidoll from that giant spaceship party set from the second movie but there's no way I'm paying full price for a spaceship (which isn't really my sort of thing).

Edited by fourteenwings, 15 February 2019 - 07:16 AM.

All that really matters is we could be friends

✰Elon Musk's 'Biggest Fan'✰

#5676 Benbot

Benbot

What a nerd

• Supporter
  • 5049 posts

Posted 15 February 2019 - 10:50 AM

What reboot?

#5677 fourteenwings

fourteenwings
  • Citizen
  • 1553 posts

Posted 15 February 2019 - 11:25 AM

Friends underwent a significant change in 2018 to add more diversity to the mini-dolls and give everybody/thing more realistic colors.

Daniel pre vs post-reboot.

Edited by fourteenwings, 15 February 2019 - 11:27 AM.

All that really matters is we could be friends

✰Elon Musk's 'Biggest Fan'✰

#5678 Betty Nor

Betty Nor
  • Citizen
  • 7685 posts

Posted 15 February 2019 - 08:05 PM

Found the Ninjago Dragon Pit on clearance for $50, and even though I'm trying to stop buying LEGO, I decided this one was too good of a deal to pass up.

I was initially going to use it as a main gate to Apocalypseburg, but after my less than stellar impression of TLM2, I may end up passing on that one all together.

• SoS likes this

#5679 Axaday

Axaday
  • Supporter
  • 34205 posts

Posted 17 February 2019 - 06:50 PM

They pick some inredibly tangential stuff to make Lego Movie 2 sets and CMF for.

#5680 SoS

SoS
  • Administrator
  • 5141 posts

Posted 18 February 2019 - 05:06 PM

Found the Ninjago Dragon Pit on clearance for $50.

Jeez!! That's a steal! Man, I still need to get that set...I wish my stores around here had that sale.

--SoS

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users