Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  Shockwave 75 : (29 May 2020 - 10:37 PM)

Unfortunately It seems Cyberverse is only available in the US on YouTube.

@  -LittleAutob... : (29 May 2020 - 09:19 AM)

Yes, and its ongoing.

@  NotVeryKnightly : (29 May 2020 - 01:05 AM)

Cyberverse is already officially uploaded to YouTube.

@  fourteenwings : (29 May 2020 - 12:36 AM)

Spin Master is abridging current episodes of Bakugan Armored Alliance and posting the result on YouTube. Maybe Hasbro does that someday too.

@  -LittleAutob... : (28 May 2020 - 10:59 PM)

I see... :/

@  wonko the sane? : (28 May 2020 - 08:14 PM)

Within the US anyway. Those channels aren't easy or cheap to access in other countries, and their website often region lock content. Tubi is the only good thing on that list: largely identical (but not perfectly so. Damnit. I wanna watch COPS.) country to country and free.

@  Steevy Maximus : (28 May 2020 - 07:24 PM)

So yeah, Hasbro is using plenty of venues to spread exposure of their brands

@  Steevy Maximus : (28 May 2020 - 07:23 PM)

Starz currently licenses Transformers G1 and the GI Joe movie (as well as MLP specials). Netflix has more current series available.

@  Nevermore : (28 May 2020 - 07:21 PM)

Study shows: Holders of the title "world's oldest person" have a severely increased risk of dying.

@  Steevy Maximus : (28 May 2020 - 07:18 PM)

Tubi TV and Youtube both host various Hasbro cartoons. Both are freely accessed and ad supported. Any basic TV package (barring straight antenna) includes channels like USA Network, SyFy and FX, all of which regularly air the films from Transformers and GI Joe.

@  wonko the sane? : (28 May 2020 - 06:18 PM)

I dunno what to tell you, media might be changing slowly, but at least it's still accessible. Even the folks that DON'T get one of the streaming services can watch it on the company website. It's a vehicle for the toy line after all, they need to make an effort to make it as consumable as possible.

@  -LittleAutob... : (28 May 2020 - 05:41 PM)

Well. Thats said, then.... I guess... :doh

@  wonko the sane? : (28 May 2020 - 04:13 PM)

As long as the the cartoons are profitable, then they'll make more. The media it's shown on is completely irrelevant. I say that as a guy whose earliest surviving memory is a big red truck turning into a big red robot.

@  ZakuConvoy : (28 May 2020 - 03:06 PM)

Might be the end of an era. With the rise of streaming, who knows if Transformers will ever be on broadcast TV again.

@  -LittleAutob... : (28 May 2020 - 11:46 AM)

3 seasons on a show is usually enough... but yeah ;-;

@  Roddie Luver : (27 May 2020 - 09:37 PM)

I’m also sad Cyberverse has no season four.

@  Paladin : (26 May 2020 - 08:10 PM)

it's too hugging hot today.

@  -LittleAutob... : (25 May 2020 - 03:39 PM)

I'll agree with you on that.

*Figured -_-

I fugured

@  Steevy Maximus : (25 May 2020 - 01:37 PM)

I'm actually sad Cyberverse won't get another season. 2 and 3 (of what I've seen) have REALLY nailed it in being fun little actions shows, like the Sunbow series.

@  Rycochet : (25 May 2020 - 01:00 PM)

Yes.

@  Maximus Ambus : (25 May 2020 - 12:52 PM)

I'm waiting for Animated season 4. Am I insane?

@  wonko the sane? : (25 May 2020 - 11:22 AM)

I'm waiting for the next season to show up on netflix.

@  Sabrblade : (25 May 2020 - 10:59 AM)

Many of us have already watched the rest of the Cyberverse episodes since the whole third season aired in the UK last September.

@  -LittleAutob... : (25 May 2020 - 10:18 AM)

*9th

@  -LittleAutob... : (25 May 2020 - 10:17 AM)

I just saw the 8th episode... omg

@  Bass X0 : (25 May 2020 - 01:28 AM)

Already seen it online.

@  -LittleAutob... : (24 May 2020 - 09:42 PM)

Who's excited for tomorrow? The only thing that makes Monday worth it is the Cyberverse episodes .-.

@  wonko the sane? : (24 May 2020 - 12:30 PM)

Welcome. I just came into that trick myself recently, so happy to share.

@  Nevermore : (24 May 2020 - 12:05 PM)

Thanks, wonko the sane? for the tip with the cloning. That helped a lot!

@  -LittleAutob... : (24 May 2020 - 12:02 PM)

Heheh.... yes... I don't think a sniper would be very good at making a vaccine... 0.0

@  Nevermore : (24 May 2020 - 11:48 AM)

All right! Cloning my old HHD to an SSD and then swapping out the drive was successful, it would appear. Finally.

@  Bass X0 : (24 May 2020 - 11:30 AM)

Scientist Perceptor is. Sniper Perceptor less so.

@  -LittleAutob... : (24 May 2020 - 10:51 AM)

Perceptor would be more responsible.

@  -LittleAutob... : (24 May 2020 - 10:48 AM)

Oof x~x

@  TheMightyMol... : (24 May 2020 - 10:45 AM)

He'd cure the virus, but he'd probably commit at least two crimes against nature and weaponize a third in the process.

@  -LittleAutob... : (24 May 2020 - 09:39 AM)

'Horrible consequences' would most likely happen with Brainstorm...

@  -LittleAutob... : (24 May 2020 - 08:16 AM)

Totally. And Percy's not even human. XD

@  TheMightyMol... : (24 May 2020 - 06:50 AM)

Can't do much worse than our current government, I say go for it.

@  Sabrblade : (23 May 2020 - 10:13 PM)

Little do we realize that the Perceptor in question is the Mini-Con combiner. :p

@  -LittleAutob... : (23 May 2020 - 10:11 PM)

He would!!!

@  -LittleAutob... : (23 May 2020 - 10:11 PM)

Horrible consequences? I... Doubt that would happen.

@  wonko the sane? : (23 May 2020 - 09:55 PM)

Even if he would come up with the answer by tomorrow.

@  wonko the sane? : (23 May 2020 - 09:54 PM)

I'd rather not deal with the horrible but unintended consequences of that.

@  -LittleAutob... : (23 May 2020 - 09:52 PM)

Lets let Perceptor make a vaccine for COVID-19. Who agrees with me :)

@  -LittleAutob... : (23 May 2020 - 08:43 PM)

I'll take your word for it. =D

@  TM2-Megatron : (23 May 2020 - 08:42 PM)

Although the TV edits of Robocop do contain some hilarity

@  TM2-Megatron : (23 May 2020 - 08:41 PM)

I can't think of any instance where sanitizing a film is a good thing.

@  -LittleAutob... : (23 May 2020 - 06:42 PM)

.... and thats a good thing? :doh

Photo
* * * * * 3 votes

Lego Thread 3.0 - and off-brand bricks too

Best Answer Wheelimus, 31 July 2018 - 05:59 PM

Hey everyone we've got something exciting to announce - now when you're going to buy LEGO anyway you can simultaneously support The Allspark! Here's some links for ya!

General link (note the free shipping on orders over $35)

Sale items link

Thanks for reading and thanks for supporting the community!

Travis

Go to the full post

5798 replies to this topic

#221 DeadPigmon

DeadPigmon
  • Supporter
  • 12338 posts

Posted 24 January 2012 - 07:31 PM

my TRU has moved them all either in front of the cashiers or behind them to prevent people fondling or opening them.

I like the gamble of not knowing what I'm getting anyway icon-fire.gif

EDIT:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/bigospedros/6757055543/

UK Toyfair pics. shows off all the LOTR minifigs on a poster

Edited by Goblez, 24 January 2012 - 10:33 PM.

#222 (Deactivated) Smitty

(Deactivated) Smitty
  • Guests

Posted 27 January 2012 - 06:04 AM

So when I do find Lego mini figs series 7 how can I tell witch one the "Highland Battler" is in?

#223 (Deactivated) BB Shockwave

(Deactivated) BB Shockwave
  • Guests

Posted 27 January 2012 - 07:21 AM

You mean 6? The Highlander/scotsman can be found easily from feeling for the sword, or his hair-piece which is very long.

Lego Jurassic Park, erm, DINO is out in Hungary. Man, those sets are quite forgettable regarding everything else but the dinosaurs, but those are amazing. The raptor/deinonychus actually looks spot-on even in stature/pose to the old Dino Riders deinos. I have a friend who trades in Lego by buying in bulk from Germany, and already asked him to try and get the dinos for me.

QUOTE(ChessPieceFace @ Jan 25 2012, 12:33 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE(LoomX @ Jan 17 2012, 03:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I prefer bag feelers to those that just blatantly rip open the bags to see what's inside, and then put the open bags back if they don't find what they want. I've come across a few stores where I've found open bags in the display boxes.

If I ever saw a case of the minifigs on a shelf, you can bet I'd fondle those sacks with impunity to find the ones I wanted. As it is, I've only ever seen them behind the customer service counter at Toys R Us, never where they could be easily perused, so to date I own zero (0) blind-packed minifigs.

Can't you ask for them? Cashiers don't seem to mind in my country. In fact, when Wave 1-2 was around, some were nice enough (or had enough spare time) to decode them and write the name of the figure inside on the package, at least in some places. icon-hotrod.gif

Edited by BB Shockwave, 27 January 2012 - 07:31 AM.

#224 (Deactivated) Smitty

(Deactivated) Smitty
  • Guests

Posted 27 January 2012 - 08:16 AM

I've tried bag feeling but I had no clue what I was feeling when I did that. I'd like to know the codas that people are saying is on the bag just to make it easier for me...

#225 Betty Nor

Betty Nor
  • Citizen
  • 7817 posts

Posted 28 January 2012 - 02:04 AM

So I took my 8 year old niece to the Lego Store in the mall. She's a Lego kid, but she hadn't yet seen the new Friends line.
Erm yeah, she totally dug the "build your own Minifigure" kiosk/thingy (hell, I came away with a "Simple Jack" looking one that my brother cobbled together while waiting for her to finish her 3 - it's awesome) and liked all the displays and stuff.

And when it came to the Friends section, she was like, "meh, I want the log cabin and the Spinjitzu arena thing."
Seriously.
I'm just glad that I didn't pick her up any Friends sets beforehand because she had absolutely no interest in them.
...which is weird since it has all those things that she loves: pink, puppies, girls, etc...

Anyone else try introducing the "Friends" line to their daughters/nieces? What was their reactions?

Maybe it's what my brother said: little kids, no matter what gender or age, cannot resist anything that spins and/or fights. Makes sense: Beyblade, Pokemon, Bakugan, these all follow a similar trend of battling, gimmickry, and trading cards. I'm still astonished that she prefers Spinjitzu to Olivia's Tree House. Hell, I'd rather buy a Friends set than that doofy Spinzitsu arena.

Weirdness.

#226 Dvandom

Dvandom

Purveyor of Ponies. And Physics.

• Supporter
  • 17293 posts
  • Faction::Autobot

Posted 28 January 2012 - 09:58 AM

In today's episode of Lego Friends, Olivia learns the ancient art of Spinjitsu!

---Dave
DAVE'S WEBPAGES
-- www.eyrie.org/~dvandom/BW --
NEWS, REVIEWS and SIGHTINGS
-- www.dvandom.com --
ARTWORK and IMAGES

Pssst...if you
can't see my images,
try my deviantArt!

#227 Fortress Ironhold

Fortress Ironhold

Blasphemer

• Banned
  • 20567 posts

Posted 28 January 2012 - 06:37 PM

QUOTE(Dvandom @ Jan 28 2012, 08:58 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
In today's episode of Lego Friends, Olivia learns the ancient art of Spinjitsu!

---Dave

In today's episode of Lego Friends, Olivia's attempt to "Friend" the Spinjitsu class ends in disaster.

#228 Luke

Luke
  • Retired Staff
  • 15021 posts
  • Faction::Cannonball's Pirate Crew

Posted 29 January 2012 - 04:13 PM

The new Lego Friends theme and the Character Building brand share fairly similar minifig proportions.

This prompted Olivia's Inventor's Workshop to become Olivia's Zombie Lab. icon-fire.gif

As for feeling out my Lego blindpacks... I don't have the money to be blindly buying up a bunch of extras that, as I don't know any other Lego fans locally, I'm unable to trade without going online and paying more in shipping. I seem to have a knack for it, easily feeling out all the figures that I desire and leaving plenty for others.

Speaking only for myself and recognizing that some people are not courteous, I don't "cordon off the area" and prevent others from getting to the figures so I can get mine first. Quite the contrary. I know there's plenty of product out there and I'll find what I want eventually (like I said, I have a knack for feeling them out; I have yet to be wrong about a single one), so I'm helpful and courteous to others who look for them. Several times I've helped kids find the characters they were looking for and gotten smiling thank yous from parents who just moments before were saying things like "this is the last time you can try to get the mad scientist; I'm tired of seeing you end up with painters".

So I don't mean to sound like a jerk, but I honestly can't say that I feel any remorse for it. For me it's just been a tool that I use in my collecting, just like the guy who goes to Target with a DCPI number and case breakdown. Like any other collector looking for any other product, some people are genuine jerks, but it's using very broad strokes to say they're all bad guys.

...except Hot Wheels collectors. They're all scum, every last one. icon-arcee.gif

Edited by Lukeblast, 29 January 2012 - 05:24 PM.

#229 (Deactivated) BB Shockwave

(Deactivated) BB Shockwave
  • Guests

Posted 30 January 2012 - 05:41 AM

Not Lego, but Kre-O: Kre-O Battleship from, well, Hasbro's Battleship. The alien oddly looks a lot like the robots from that weird anime/mech Lego line which's name escapes me at the moment.

QUOTE(Smitty @ Jan 27 2012, 02:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I've tried bag feeling but I had no clue what I was feeling when I did that. I'd like to know the codas that people are saying is on the bag just to make it easier for me...

See, it's simple. Check what pieces a figure has, and think about some defining features.

For example - both Lady Liberty and Salsa Dancer have the large 'skirt legs' piece, which is very easy to feel for. Now all you have to do is feel for Lady Liberty's spiked hair-piece.

Another case - the 'laser fire' translucent rods are in both the Space Heroine and Grey Alien. If you wiggle the bag, these light pieces usually fall to the bottom of it where you can feel for them. Now all you have to do is check wich pack has a regular Lego head - the Alien has no such piece.

And the legs. If you are looking for the Dwarf, Leprechaun or the Genie, you can easily decide which pack ISN'T them by checking for the legs... As the others have none-bendable legs.

From 6, the easiest to find is the minotaur, the whole head/neck piece is huge, the bag is usually wider then usual and easy to feel for.

#230 HellCat

HellCat

Opinionated idiot

• Citizen
  • 29091 posts

Posted 30 January 2012 - 08:14 AM

I'm probably late on this one but with the new Spinjitsu stuff did they tell the designers to channel their memories of the old MOTU Snakemen? It's not a bad thing but they feel fairly MOTU inspired to me.

#231 ZacWilliam1

ZacWilliam1
  • Citizen
  • 17699 posts
  • Faction::RIRFIB

Posted 30 January 2012 - 08:35 AM

QUOTE(HellCat @ Jan 30 2012, 08:14 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm probably late on this one but with the new Spinjitsu stuff did they tell the designers to channel their memories of the old MOTU Snakemen? It's not a bad thing but they feel fairly MOTU inspired to me.

Well, to be fair an ancient race of evil Snake-men is a decently common fantasy motif. Conan did it before MotU, which I'm pretty sure is where MotU got it from. DnD has done it as well. And elsewhere.

That all said, as a child of the 80s the MotU Snake Men were the first think I thought of on seeing them as well.

-ZacWilliam, wishes Lego would get the actuall DnD liscense (although LotR is close enough) but KREO would be more likely.
Ever wonder about the speed of Turbofoxes?
Or the proverbial ailerons of Titanium Moosebots?

*Visit the one and only Cybertronic Bestiary.
For a mechazoologic tour of the mechanimals of Cybertron.

#232 NightViper

NightViper

Ehhhhh...

• Retired Staff
  • 42531 posts
  • Faction::RIBFIR

Posted 30 January 2012 - 08:38 AM

QUOTE(Lukeblast @ Jan 29 2012, 04:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The new Lego Friends theme and the Character Building brand share fairly similar minifig proportions.

This prompted Olivia's Inventor's Workshop to become Olivia's Zombie Lab. icon-fire.gif

Yeah that settles it. I need to get that set.

But... Here's hoping for a sale icon-fire.gif (The set still looks a little sparse for $10-12.)

#233 wonko the sane?

wonko the sane?

Oh dear lord I am bored...

• Citizen
  • 43308 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 30 January 2012 - 11:43 AM

I had a morning to kill, and I figured I would make good use of the sorted lego I spent all that time on a while ago. So here's covenant forces attacking a UNSC bunker. Given its defended by four spartans and a turret, I think its an even shot against the covenant forces.

Attached Thumbnails

• 100_0951.JPG

Per Nick Nemesis's Suggestion: I hate everything.

#234 wonko the sane?

wonko the sane?

• Citizen
  • 43308 posts

Posted 30 January 2012 - 11:45 AM

Close up of the marines and inside of the bunker itself. I had me some fun working out a weapon rack. Other: a pic of a marine on a cot, and the ladder to the roof.

Attached Thumbnails

• 100_0953.JPG
  • 100_0954.JPG

Edited by wonko the sane?, 30 January 2012 - 11:45 AM.

#235 wonko the sane?

wonko the sane?

• Citizen
  • 43308 posts

Posted 30 January 2012 - 11:48 AM

A shot of an orange spartan using the marine's flame thrower. Dude's passed out so he doesn't mind. Second is the stripped down warthog the orange and red spartan are using for cover and vantage point. Yup, orange is sniping through the cockpit.

Not used in this diorama because their current inhabiting my brothers queen annes revenge. Copper brute, copper grunt, Green Spartan, orange spartan, cyan spartan, being spartan, artic UNSC pilot and pink hayabusa.

Attached Thumbnails

• 100_0955.JPG
  • 100_0956.JPG

#236 DeadPigmon

DeadPigmon
  • Supporter
  • 12338 posts

Posted 31 January 2012 - 01:42 AM

annnd Lego universe is dead icon-screamer.gif

I'd be more sadder if it ever came out here!

#237 Redjack Ryan

Redjack Ryan

Hellcat "Ravage"

• Supporter
  • 1903 posts
  • Faction::Decepticon

Posted 31 January 2012 - 09:27 AM

QUOTE(wonko the sane? @ Jan 30 2012, 11:48 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
A shot of an orange spartan using the marine's flame thrower. Dude's passed out so he doesn't mind. Second is the stripped down warthog the orange and red spartan are using for cover and vantage point. Yup, orange is sniping through the cockpit.

Not used in this diorama because their current inhabiting my brothers queen annes revenge. Copper brute, copper grunt, Green Spartan, orange spartan, cyan spartan, being spartan, artic UNSC pilot and pink hayabusa.

Nice choice on using that black-tron baseplate! icon-hotrod.gif

#238 Redjack Ryan

Redjack Ryan

Hellcat "Ravage"

• Supporter
  • 1903 posts
  • Faction::Decepticon

Posted 31 January 2012 - 09:27 AM

ditto...

Edited by Redjack Ryan, 31 January 2012 - 11:07 AM.

#239 Vestras

Vestras

Stone by Day, Friendship by Night

• Supporter
  • 8459 posts
  • Faction::Vehicon

Posted 31 January 2012 - 10:04 AM

Scored the SW Advent Calendar last night for a mere 18 on clearance at Walmart. I gotta say, this is an awesome thing. It's blind packs meet mini awesome in one. I still haven't opened all of them, but these mini-ships and minifigs are a ton of fun.

Still no sign of Series 6 in my area except at TRU (which was sold out, just an empty rack).

I too ZacWilliam's wish for DND minifigs. It would solve so very many issues at my table...
Clearing out some old TFs and Mugenbine in my BST Thread. You know you want some of these.

#240 wonko the sane?

wonko the sane?

• Citizen
  • 43308 posts

Posted 31 January 2012 - 10:42 AM

QUOTE(Redjack Ryan @ Jan 31 2012, 10:27 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Nice choice on using that black-tron baseplate! icon-hotrod.gif

So great you had to say it twice. icon-fire.gif

Well, no real choice in it. I have exactly three base plates. One blacktron, the street the covenant are running on, and a half sized green one I don't ever remember buying or receiving as a gift but is too small to use in this case.

Still, it worked perfectly, love it.

Reply to this topic

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Google (1)