Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  WorkbenchManiac : (20 October 2017 - 07:26 PM)

If you are looking to recoup some of the costs, I mean

@  WorkbenchManiac : (20 October 2017 - 07:26 PM)

If it works, I might be willing to take it off your hands. I've been meaning to get one for customs and such.

@  Nevermore : (20 October 2017 - 12:34 PM)

If that thing works, I can use it for potential future cases like this as well.

@  Nevermore : (20 October 2017 - 12:33 PM)

Ordered a watchmaker pin remover from Amazon.

@  Nevermore : (20 October 2017 - 12:33 PM)

No, bought the set at a convention.

@  Robowang : (20 October 2017 - 08:14 AM)

That's never good. Buy it from a place that will replace it?

@  Nevermore : (20 October 2017 - 04:57 AM)

Gaaaah, Hasbro. My Transformers Tribute Optimus Prime (from the two-pack with Orion Pack) has a misassembled part that has another part connected to it via a metal pin...

@  Robowang : (19 October 2017 - 05:22 PM)

I just know they have the same ID number in the computer as deluxes, so the search feature on the website is useless.

@  Robowang : (19 October 2017 - 05:21 PM)

No idea on price.

@  Shrug : (19 October 2017 - 05:14 PM)

Oh thanks. I just assumed it was a special item. Does that mean it'll be the $18ish the normal Deluxes are or can Walgreens price them separately?

@  Robowang : (19 October 2017 - 05:11 PM)

Before you go hunting at Walgreens, know that the Clone two-pack number is identical to the regular deluxe number. An in-stock listing for the clones likely just means they have deluxes in stock.

@  Vexwing : (19 October 2017 - 04:49 PM)

I had met him at BotCon 2014, he was a vendor there. He was part of the group I hung out with at the day at Universal. Really fun guy, it's sad he's gone.

@  Vexwing : (19 October 2017 - 04:46 PM)

I'm not sure if anyone here knew James Conan Gouig, but he passed away. Suicide, sadly.

@  Locoman : (19 October 2017 - 03:49 PM)

TR Triggerhappy's shoulders are terrifying.

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (19 October 2017 - 03:18 PM)

Don't you hate when you join a Facebook group only to find that the moderator is a fool?

@  TheMightyMol... : (19 October 2017 - 03:04 PM)

CRAAAAAAAWLING IIIIIN MY BRAAAAAAAAINS

@  Paladin : (19 October 2017 - 08:34 AM)

must've been out of Kandrona.

@  Shrug : (19 October 2017 - 07:09 AM)

Least it wasn't a weird scratchy noise IN YOUR BRAIN.  Or was it.  Maybe you found it after it crawled out?

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (19 October 2017 - 02:47 AM)

Mine starved

@  Waspinator : (19 October 2017 - 02:16 AM)

Watch out for brain slugs

@  Pennpenn : (19 October 2017 - 01:34 AM)

Got replacements, so yeah. Main thing is, if you hear a weird scratchy noise in your headphones it might not be static..

@  PlutoniumBoss : (19 October 2017 - 01:28 AM)

Nuke the headphones from orbit, it's the only way to be sure.

@  Pennpenn : (18 October 2017 - 09:04 PM)

It's interesting how life gives you a good thing and then a bad thing. Like, just got my tax return and it was quite robust, and then I found an INCH LONG EARWIG IN MY HEADPHONES. AHHHHH-

@  BlackMax : (18 October 2017 - 05:50 PM)

I'm not completely sure what I missed but I think I love it.

@  TheMightyMol... : (18 October 2017 - 04:20 PM)

The S is for Sucks!

@  Waspinator : (18 October 2017 - 03:49 PM)

And the thatch-roofed cottagggggggggggges!

@  TheMightyMol... : (18 October 2017 - 03:30 PM)

BURN! BURN TO THE GRBURN! BURN TO THBURN! BURN TO THE GROUND!

@  Waspinator : (18 October 2017 - 03:06 PM)

Infinity Big Bang Storm! Burn in the everlasting hellfire of creation! Be utterly annihilated, down to the very last scrap of D N A!

@  Shrug : (18 October 2017 - 02:57 PM)

YES, MY QUEEN!

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (18 October 2017 - 02:37 PM)

BUUUUURN! FOR THE ROYALTY!

@  TheMightyMol... : (18 October 2017 - 02:25 PM)

BUUUUUUUUUUUURN, BABY BURN! DISCO INFERNO!

@  Agamus : (18 October 2017 - 01:55 PM)

LETS BERNNNN RRRRUBBER!!!!

@  Arazyr : (18 October 2017 - 01:12 PM)

No, thanks. I'll leave that to his wife. :p

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (18 October 2017 - 01:08 PM)

FEEL THE BERNNNNNN!!!!!

@  Nevermore : (18 October 2017 - 11:52 AM)

BERNIEEEEEEEE...

@  Shrug : (18 October 2017 - 10:47 AM)

I'm not saying they're the same. They're clearly not. But members of both parties do receive large sums of money from telecom companies. When it comes to net neutrality, the issue isn't solely bipartisan so much as it's Old Politicians that don't understand technology.  Republicans do seem intent on making it worse intentionally though.

@  Paladin : (18 October 2017 - 10:40 AM)

anyone who still says "they're both the same!" after the past 10 months is WILLFULLY ignorant.

@  unluckiness : (18 October 2017 - 10:22 AM)

I'm not American. Should I do something about it or just ignore it.

@  Shrug : (18 October 2017 - 08:48 AM)

I doubt we'd have a chance with Hillary either. Didn't she get like 100k from Comcast? Both parties are pretty dang corrupt. If only Bernie...

@  2017 : (17 October 2017 - 05:56 PM)

It scared me!

@  Kalidor : (17 October 2017 - 05:42 PM)

Yes - here is more information - https://www.battleforthenet.com/

@  Darth Gonzo : (17 October 2017 - 05:36 PM)

Hello?

@  Evac : (17 October 2017 - 04:39 PM)

Yeah, it's the Allspark.

@  wonko the sane? : (17 October 2017 - 04:35 PM)

Okay, so it is the allspark doing it, and not some piece of malware I need to run a system scan over, that's basically all I wanted to know.

@  Evac : (17 October 2017 - 04:34 PM)

If, say, Hillary or Bernie was president, we'd have a chance, but with the current administration... We're pretty much hugged.

@  Evac : (17 October 2017 - 04:32 PM)

I don't know why we're even bothering; there's no way in hell a GOP-controlled congress would listen to common proles like us.

@  Evac : (17 October 2017 - 04:32 PM)

Yeah, so did I.

@  wonko the sane? : (17 October 2017 - 04:19 PM)

Okay, so I just got a pop up telling me I need to call congress about the FCC killing net neutrality. Anyone else get that?

@  Dracula : (17 October 2017 - 09:45 AM)

I'd probably use a primer coat on either of them.

@  unluckiness : (17 October 2017 - 07:21 AM)

Wonder if Overboard or Crashbash would be easier to paint over. Generally dark colors are harder but then again, screaming fuschia seems like it'd be difficult to cover too.

Photo
* * * * - 7 votes

TF Wiki thread 2.0

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
3981 replies to this topic

#1 Fortress Ironhold

Fortress Ironhold

Blasphemer

• Citizen
  • 19917 posts

Posted 09 November 2011 - 12:50 PM

Since I can't find the old TF Wiki thread, here goes this one.

For the page on DOTM-themed books, I'm noting a "Dark of the Moon: Activity Book" listed.

For whoever did that entry, did you mean the "Jumbo Coloring & Activity Book" pair that Bendon did? I just picked those up and was going to add them when I saw that.
Lexicon: still up and running!

"At my last intern briefing, Craig was clearly tired. His message had changed to, "Stay out of trouble, period." It seemed that, as director of security, Livingstone was growing old fast. If he didn't watch out, he'd become one of us - a 'Mormon' or a 'straight,' which is what Clinton staffers called FBI agents, the Secret Service, and former Bush employees."

Aldrich, Gary. Unlimited Access Washington D.C.: Regency, 1996. Pg 38

Please visit my Half.com store

Deviant Art page

#2 Fear or Courage

Fear or Courage

Do I compel you?

• Citizen
  • 1724 posts

Posted 09 November 2011 - 01:11 PM

Something that bugs me. The new, official North American Headmasters DVDs refer to the leader of the Headmasters as Cerebros. Yet all the episode entries on the wiki name him "Fortress," after the japanese name. Similarly, the TF wiki entry on G1 Cerebros doesn't mention his Headmaster appearances, while Headmasters Cerebros' stuff is thrown onto the Fortress Maximus page.

Givin the Wiki's policy of using the official American names for characters whenever possible, something here ought to be altered. At the very least, a find-and-replace for the Headmasters episode summaries, swapping "Fortress" for "Cerebros."

The articles for the two characters should possibly be folded into one page, too, I think, or else otherwise divided up differently. What exactly each character represents kind of varies from continuity to continuity, but there doesn't seem to be a single one where the pair of them are definitely two fully-defined separate characters.

I mean, in the Marvel Comics, Cerebros exists only to become Fort Max's head. In the Sunbow cartoon, Fort Max is basically just a drone controlled by Cerebros and Spike, and in the Headmasters anime, Fort Max is now just a powered-up giant form of the character now officially called "Cerebros." Basically, if Cerebros is a character in that continuity, then Fort Max isn't, and vice-versa.

Like I said, they could just be merged into one page, or else put Headmasters Cerebros's stuff into the main Cerebros page, perhaps.

Edited by Fear or Courage, 09 November 2011 - 01:12 PM.

#3 Walky

Walky

You know you'll have to face it, you're addicted to Lug

• Citizen
  • 37297 posts

Posted 09 November 2011 - 01:33 PM

In Headmasters, Fortress IS Fortress Maximus. He, like Minerva or Chromedome, is a smaller dude who controls a larger unsentient robot. So of course Fortress goes on Fortress Maximus's page, same as Chromedome goes on, well, Chromedome's page. Should Headmasters Chromedome go on Stylor's page?

It can be confusing, but it's the best solution and it's consistent with how we treat everybody else with the same circumstances.

P.S. "Cerebros" isn't the only official English name the Japanese character has.

Edited by Code of Walky, 09 November 2011 - 01:35 PM.

#4 Razorsaw

Razorsaw

Let's not lose our heads

• Citizen
  • 33899 posts

Posted 09 November 2011 - 01:43 PM

wow.

The subs for Headmasters keep sounding worse and worse.

"Disabled people donít have special needs. We have very reasonable human needs. Our needs include freedom from abuse, violence, and mistreatment, the right to autonomy and self-direction, the right to represent ourselves, equal opportunity for education and employment, the right to accommodation, and societal inclusion and acceptance.

The need for accommodation isnít a ďspecial needĒ. Itís a basic human right. Itís a leveling of the playing field that allows us the same opportunities and chances as non-disabled people."

- Amethyst Schaber, http://neurowonderful.tumblr.com/

#5 Creedence

Creedence
  • Citizen
  • 8171 posts

Posted 09 November 2011 - 01:45 PM

I really, really don't care about what some badly-translated DVDs say. (Why does the Shout! release get priority over the Metrodome and Madman releases, which use "Fortress"?)

The articles are fine as they are. Fortress is consistently the same character as Fortress Maximus. Cerebros is not.

The subs for Headmasters keep sounding worse and worse.

You should read the "Foreign localization" sections of the Headmasters episodes. They're not exhaustive ("scrap" was inserted everywhere), but you'll get the idea.

Edited by Moon Captain, 09 November 2011 - 05:43 PM.

#6 abates

abates
  • Supporter
  • 4051 posts

Posted 09 November 2011 - 03:10 PM

QUOTE(Fortress Ironhold @ Nov 10 2011, 06:50 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

A lot of the longer threads got hidden because they were slowing the site down.

For the page on DOTM-themed books, I'm noting a "Dark of the Moon: Activity Book" listed.

I assume it's intended to mean this book by HarperCollins. Feel free to add the books you've got to the list!
TFWiki.net - The Transformers Wiki: Making sure people remember the Beast is a thing that happened.
Follow the Transformers Wiki on Twitter!

#7 Chris McFeely

Chris McFeely

That was then, this is now.

• Citizen
  • 8778 posts

Posted 09 November 2011 - 05:39 PM

Added a wee note about Cerebros's Headmasters iffiness to his page to hopefully clarify that point for anyone wondering.

#8 Fortress Ironhold

Fortress Ironhold

Blasphemer

• Citizen
  • 19917 posts

Posted 09 November 2011 - 11:36 PM

QUOTE(abates @ Nov 9 2011, 02:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

A lot of the longer threads got hidden because they were slowing the site down.

I assume it's intended to mean this book by HarperCollins. Feel free to add the books you've got to the list!

I've got a case study and two research papers due before Thanksgiving; it might be a bit.

"At my last intern briefing, Craig was clearly tired. His message had changed to, "Stay out of trouble, period." It seemed that, as director of security, Livingstone was growing old fast. If he didn't watch out, he'd become one of us - a 'Mormon' or a 'straight,' which is what Clinton staffers called FBI agents, the Secret Service, and former Bush employees."

Deviant Art page

#9 Fear or Courage

Fear or Courage

Do I compel you?

• Citizen
  • 1724 posts

Posted 10 November 2011 - 12:25 AM

QUOTE(Chris McFeely @ Nov 9 2011, 05:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Added a wee note about Cerebros's Headmasters iffiness to his page to hopefully clarify that point for anyone wondering.

Whoa, thanks. That works just as well as anything I might have suggested. Probably better.

#10 FortMax

FortMax

Not Cybertron Metroplex or Mudflap

• Supporter
  • 4887 posts

Posted 12 November 2011 - 10:12 PM

So, I asked the person who's translating Space Sheriff Gavan to ask the guy who took those pictures if he wouldn't mind scanning the bio (assuming he still had the card). He doesn't have a scanner or know which box the card is in, but he did have this.

In an attempt to copy the Andalite's morphing technology, the evil Visser 3 discovered a way to give his Taxxon forces the power to morph. Using an unpredictable DNA mutating process, the huge, ruthless, cannibalistic Taxxons will change into ferocious alien creatures from a distant planet. Dutiful slaves to the Yeerks who control them, the Taxxons are twice as dangerous with their mutant morphing capability.

QUOTE(Hasbro)
Paramount Home Entertainment will be releasing RANSFORMERS CYBERTRON on 9.13.05

TbtA3Ye.jpg
Buy my Mini-Pla Goseiger Candy Toy Zords!

#11 Might Gaine

Might Gaine

ARMS UP!! \(^_^)/

• Retired Staff
  • 12896 posts

Posted 13 November 2011 - 02:02 PM

I don't have anything productive to add to the thread, but this page is hilarious:

http://tfwiki.net/wi...ig_Rescue_Force

Sign up at ToyStoreUpdates.com to get email updates when new Transformers come into stock at Toys R Us, Target, Walmart, and Hasbro Toy Shop.

#12 abates

abates
  • Supporter
  • 4051 posts

Posted 13 November 2011 - 06:03 PM

So anyone know a way to find out which blacklist we're on? I tried looking for a website to look up such things, but all such services I could find were specifically for spam blocking rather than web filters.
TFWiki.net - The Transformers Wiki: Making sure people remember the Beast is a thing that happened.

#13 Somebody

Somebody
  • Citizen
  • 2183 posts

Posted 13 November 2011 - 06:23 PM

There's an extended mention/short discussion on TFWiki.net in the podcast here this week: http://www.housetoastonish.com/?p=1132

[Short version: They like it]

#14 abates

abates
  • Supporter
  • 4051 posts

Posted 15 November 2011 - 06:14 AM

We've passed 15000 articles!

#15 Nevermore

Nevermore

Unionized and proud of it.

• Supporter
  • 11658 posts

Posted 15 November 2011 - 08:17 AM

It appears the Wiki is featuring a photo of a knockoff and claims it's the real deal. The gallery linked in the article (from where the photo is taken) outright calls it a "fake". This one has molded gold plastic painted over on gold chrome (as compared to the other one, which appears to be just regular Henkei Convoy plastic colors painted over in gold chrome), and even that one's authenticity is questionable.

Edited by Nevermore, 15 November 2011 - 08:18 AM.

"'[Foreigners] at least need to be able to speak proper German.' Okay, what the hell is that supposed to be? Proper German'? Where do they speak that? Have you ever been there? Are you German? Can you engage in a conversation in a Swabian pub? Most people from Cologne already fail at asking for directions in the Eifel region."
- Volker Pispers, German comedian

#16 Cat

Cat
  • Retired Staff
  • 11612 posts

Posted 15 November 2011 - 11:49 AM

I'm pretty sure there's an error in an article, but I don't want to get into the toy-room right now to double-check against my busts (lot to move and my flatmate is asleep).

The DST Prowl bust was limited to 500. Smokescreen and Bluestreak were 250 each, but I'm pretty sure Prowl was limited to 500.

I'll doublecheck against my own tomorrow, but wanted to note it here now. I also apologise, as I don't know how to edit the wiki myself.

#17 MrBlud

MrBlud

Goes down smooth...

• Staff
  • 50774 posts

Posted 15 November 2011 - 12:30 PM

You're right Cat. The DST website confirms it.

I'm pretty sure I'm the one who made the error in the first place so icon-wildride.gif and I fixed it.

card-strongarm.jpg

#18 Nevermore

Nevermore

Unionized and proud of it.

• Supporter
  • 11658 posts

Posted 15 November 2011 - 01:16 PM

Just out of curiosity, at what point do we acknowledge the existence of these guys (besides Rumble, that is)? They're currently redlinked from the TF '10 toy page, but their articles were deleted. I know we have the "no stolen toys" rule, but that one has the "unless we can be sure these won't be coming out anytime soon" escape clause.
"'[Foreigners] at least need to be able to speak proper German.' Okay, what the hell is that supposed to be? Proper German'? Where do they speak that? Have you ever been there? Are you German? Can you engage in a conversation in a Swabian pub? Most people from Cologne already fail at asking for directions in the Eifel region."
- Volker Pispers, German comedian

#19 abates

abates
  • Supporter
  • 4051 posts

Posted 15 November 2011 - 01:59 PM

QUOTE(Nevermore @ Nov 16 2011, 07:16 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
They're currently redlinked from the TF '10 toy page, but their articles were deleted.

The articles were deleted because the person who made them put no effort into them, rather than any judgement on whether they're wiki-worthy.

#20 Fortress Ironhold

Fortress Ironhold

Blasphemer

• Citizen
  • 19917 posts

Posted 15 November 2011 - 03:14 PM

QUOTE(abates @ Nov 15 2011, 05:14 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
We've passed 15000 articles!

I should really get caught up, then.

I've got at least two articles I need to get written and perhaps a few more to edit, but every time I sit down to do it someone wants a piece of my time.

Deviant Art page