Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  -LittleAutob... : (01 June 2020 - 12:15 PM)

Ha! Talk about getting away with something!

@  Maximus Ambus : (01 June 2020 - 09:08 AM)

Carnivac was still an evil Decepticon at heart, and no one shot him in the back for it.

@  -LittleAutob... : (30 May 2020 - 06:52 PM)

*stares at the light switch* .... I see what you did there

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (30 May 2020 - 01:40 PM)

*hands llittleautobot1218 a light switch* There you go.

@  -LittleAutob... : (30 May 2020 - 10:53 AM)

I feel a need to lighten up the mood.... ;)

@  -LittleAutob... : (30 May 2020 - 10:38 AM)

:p

@  Maximus Ambus : (30 May 2020 - 02:14 AM)

Shockwave did it.

@  NotVeryKnightly : (30 May 2020 - 12:21 AM)

I'm not in the US and at least some of the episodes seem to work for me. I don't know the actual list of places it's available, though.

@  Shockwave 75 : (29 May 2020 - 10:37 PM)

Unfortunately It seems Cyberverse is only available in the US on YouTube.

@  -LittleAutob... : (29 May 2020 - 09:19 AM)

Yes, and its ongoing.

@  NotVeryKnightly : (29 May 2020 - 01:05 AM)

Cyberverse is already officially uploaded to YouTube.

@  fourteenwings : (29 May 2020 - 12:36 AM)

Spin Master is abridging current episodes of Bakugan Armored Alliance and posting the result on YouTube. Maybe Hasbro does that someday too.

@  -LittleAutob... : (28 May 2020 - 10:59 PM)

I see... :/

@  wonko the sane? : (28 May 2020 - 08:14 PM)

Within the US anyway. Those channels aren't easy or cheap to access in other countries, and their website often region lock content. Tubi is the only good thing on that list: largely identical (but not perfectly so. Damnit. I wanna watch COPS.) country to country and free.

@  Steevy Maximus : (28 May 2020 - 07:24 PM)

So yeah, Hasbro is using plenty of venues to spread exposure of their brands

@  Steevy Maximus : (28 May 2020 - 07:23 PM)

Starz currently licenses Transformers G1 and the GI Joe movie (as well as MLP specials). Netflix has more current series available.

@  Nevermore : (28 May 2020 - 07:21 PM)

Study shows: Holders of the title "world's oldest person" have a severely increased risk of dying.

@  Steevy Maximus : (28 May 2020 - 07:18 PM)

Tubi TV and Youtube both host various Hasbro cartoons. Both are freely accessed and ad supported. Any basic TV package (barring straight antenna) includes channels like USA Network, SyFy and FX, all of which regularly air the films from Transformers and GI Joe.

@  wonko the sane? : (28 May 2020 - 06:18 PM)

I dunno what to tell you, media might be changing slowly, but at least it's still accessible. Even the folks that DON'T get one of the streaming services can watch it on the company website. It's a vehicle for the toy line after all, they need to make an effort to make it as consumable as possible.

@  -LittleAutob... : (28 May 2020 - 05:41 PM)

Well. Thats said, then.... I guess... :doh

@  wonko the sane? : (28 May 2020 - 04:13 PM)

As long as the the cartoons are profitable, then they'll make more. The media it's shown on is completely irrelevant. I say that as a guy whose earliest surviving memory is a big red truck turning into a big red robot.

@  ZakuConvoy : (28 May 2020 - 03:06 PM)

Might be the end of an era. With the rise of streaming, who knows if Transformers will ever be on broadcast TV again.

@  -LittleAutob... : (28 May 2020 - 11:46 AM)

3 seasons on a show is usually enough... but yeah ;-;

@  Roddie Luver : (27 May 2020 - 09:37 PM)

I’m also sad Cyberverse has no season four.

@  Paladin : (26 May 2020 - 08:10 PM)

it's too hugging hot today.

@  -LittleAutob... : (25 May 2020 - 03:39 PM)

I'll agree with you on that.

*Figured -_-

I fugured

@  Steevy Maximus : (25 May 2020 - 01:37 PM)

I'm actually sad Cyberverse won't get another season. 2 and 3 (of what I've seen) have REALLY nailed it in being fun little actions shows, like the Sunbow series.

@  Rycochet : (25 May 2020 - 01:00 PM)

Yes.

@  Maximus Ambus : (25 May 2020 - 12:52 PM)

I'm waiting for Animated season 4. Am I insane?

@  wonko the sane? : (25 May 2020 - 11:22 AM)

I'm waiting for the next season to show up on netflix.

@  Sabrblade : (25 May 2020 - 10:59 AM)

Many of us have already watched the rest of the Cyberverse episodes since the whole third season aired in the UK last September.

@  -LittleAutob... : (25 May 2020 - 10:18 AM)

*9th

@  -LittleAutob... : (25 May 2020 - 10:17 AM)

I just saw the 8th episode... omg

@  Bass X0 : (25 May 2020 - 01:28 AM)

Already seen it online.

@  -LittleAutob... : (24 May 2020 - 09:42 PM)

Who's excited for tomorrow? The only thing that makes Monday worth it is the Cyberverse episodes .-.

@  wonko the sane? : (24 May 2020 - 12:30 PM)

Welcome. I just came into that trick myself recently, so happy to share.

@  Nevermore : (24 May 2020 - 12:05 PM)

Thanks, wonko the sane? for the tip with the cloning. That helped a lot!

@  -LittleAutob... : (24 May 2020 - 12:02 PM)

Heheh.... yes... I don't think a sniper would be very good at making a vaccine... 0.0

@  Nevermore : (24 May 2020 - 11:48 AM)

All right! Cloning my old HHD to an SSD and then swapping out the drive was successful, it would appear. Finally.

@  Bass X0 : (24 May 2020 - 11:30 AM)

Scientist Perceptor is. Sniper Perceptor less so.

@  -LittleAutob... : (24 May 2020 - 10:51 AM)

Perceptor would be more responsible.

@  -LittleAutob... : (24 May 2020 - 10:48 AM)

Oof x~x

@  TheMightyMol... : (24 May 2020 - 10:45 AM)

He'd cure the virus, but he'd probably commit at least two crimes against nature and weaponize a third in the process.

@  -LittleAutob... : (24 May 2020 - 09:39 AM)

'Horrible consequences' would most likely happen with Brainstorm...

@  -LittleAutob... : (24 May 2020 - 08:16 AM)

Totally. And Percy's not even human. XD

@  TheMightyMol... : (24 May 2020 - 06:50 AM)

Can't do much worse than our current government, I say go for it.

@  Sabrblade : (23 May 2020 - 10:13 PM)

Little do we realize that the Perceptor in question is the Mini-Con combiner. :p

@  -LittleAutob... : (23 May 2020 - 10:11 PM)

He would!!!

Photo
* * * * * 2 votes

Suggest a Classic/Universe/Generations/etc. repaint!

11091 replies to this topic

#61 Luke

Luke
  • Retired Staff
  • 15021 posts
  • Faction::Cannonball's Pirate Crew

Posted 17 November 2011 - 02:08 AM

QUOTE(Phlis @ Nov 16 2011, 09:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Inferno as Super Fire Convoy

I think you need more than "fire truck" to make that one work. Especially since the original version is in red. Even a new head is going to leave it pretty far from the original figure.
Ironhide as X-Brawn

Why would you wish that on yourself?
Hound as Rollbar

Just like Inferno, you're dealing with a base mold that is already primarily the color you want. You'd be adding some black to the arms and head and some orange to... I dunno, the grill?

I think the Skid-z and Mega-Octane ideas are both sweet. Would happily pick those up. The jets sound fun too; Skyfire out of Jetfire sounds amusing. Dark Skyfire is similar in a few ways, but it can be easily played up enough to make each unique.

#62 NotVeryKnightly

NotVeryKnightly
  • Staff
  • 23614 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 19 November 2011 - 06:45 AM

QUOTE(Phlis @ Nov 17 2011, 10:38 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
With all the talk of G2 Optimus as Scourge/Nemesis Prime, I thought I'd throw this out there, if someone could digibash it that'd be great.

RiD Autobots:
Inferno as Super Fire Convoy
Ironhide as X-Brawn
Ratchet as Prowl
Mirage as Skid-Z
Grapple as Wrecker-Hook

RiD Decepticons
Onslaught as Mega-Octane
Hound as Rollbar
Starscream as Windsheer
Jetfire as Skyfire for kicks

heh, that would be a nice Botcon set with exclusive two packs.

I don't think Inferno as Super Fire Convoy would work. The mold looks too un-leader-like.

Also, what about Generations Kup as RiD Ironhide?

QUOTE(Vestras @ Nov 17 2011, 02:25 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
CHALLENGE MODE!
Ideas for repaints of CHUG HotShot, Cybertron Menasor, and DotM Skyhammer. GO

Hot Shot can be RiD WARS. Menasor can be used as Guardian Robot. But really, I imagine they'd have a hard time marketing anything from that mold. They'd be like, "look kids, it turns into a... thing on treads with... two arms sticking out".

#63 Destron D-69

Destron D-69

Corrected an Ancient oversight

• Supporter
  • 63061 posts
  • Faction::Lesbian Ninja

Posted 19 November 2011 - 10:07 PM

Everyone knows I want this... hasbro just needs to help me with their end of it ... I can't find any more Primes so I can't make my own repaint ... HELP ME HASBRO

#64 Pyre

Pyre

Atomic batteries to power, turbines to speed!

• Citizen
  • 5158 posts

Posted 19 November 2011 - 11:05 PM

Do you live in the US? If so, check your local Marshals/TJMax.

#65 NotVeryKnightly

NotVeryKnightly
  • Staff
  • 23614 posts

Posted 21 November 2011 - 01:02 AM

Honestly, there's soooooo much untapped potential for retools and redecos that it's not even funny. Hasbro should do a new redeco toyline like the old Universe line.

QUOTE(windsweeper @ Nov 17 2011, 06:08 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Might I suggest Beastbox from the Real Gear X Box controller as the bot mode was definitely reminiscent of a gorilla.

Cool idea, but, what size class could the Real Gear guys be sold as, anyway?

QUOTE(windsweeper @ Nov 17 2011, 06:08 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Regarding Hun-gurrr from Cybertron Scourge, I'd like all the Legends Classics repaints applied to their larger counterparts, especially Blades.

They did make a larger Blades, although with a different color scheme than the Legends one. Also, I don't think making all those Legends as bigger toys is a good idea. We'd have Scattershot made from Vector Prime, looking like an old guy with a sword, for one thing.

Edited by Item42, 21 November 2011 - 01:17 AM.

#66 Luke

Luke
  • Retired Staff
  • 15021 posts

Posted 22 November 2011 - 02:15 AM

I was looking at WFC Prime today and wondering what kind of different-character repaint could be made from him. Maybe an Action Master? I pulled up Krok and was not impressed, but then...

Am I the only one that sees almost the EXACT same torso on Banzai-Tron and WFC Prime? The shapes on the pecs, the ab vents, even the shoulder-circles...

I'll grant that not a lot of Banzai-Tron is in the limbs though. Also I don't think we really NEED another Banzai, what with the recent Botcon figure and Bludgeon repaint from Hasbro. Still, kind of cool. I'd probably buy it if it hit the shelves.

#67 Liege

Liege

Deathsaurus Rising

• Supporter
  • 4901 posts
  • Location:Providence RI (Formerly Pittsburgh PA &amp; Wales UK)

Posted 22 November 2011 - 01:25 PM

I still think Movie Sideswipe would make an awesome Banzai-Tron. Similar head and physique, sword arms and his ROTF toys even had a crab-like battle mode to homage Razor-Sharp (don't think the DOTM mold can do that though icon-screamer.gif)
QUOTE(NightViper @ Aug 3 2013, 02:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE(Escargon @ Aug 1 2013, 10:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
And Liege, you're words really have had an effect on me. It made me relise I've shouldn't care about what others think of me, I should only care about what I think of myself.

Liege is a small dude with a lot of wisdom.

Well one of those descriptive words is accurate I suppose!

3ds friend code: kyle 4141 2965 5460 pm me yours to add.

#68 MrBlud

MrBlud

Goes down smooth...

• Retired Staff
  • 52477 posts
  • Faction::RIBFIR

Posted 22 November 2011 - 01:28 PM

QUOTE(Lukeblast @ Nov 22 2011, 02:15 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I was looking at WFC Prime today and wondering what kind of different-character repaint could be made from him. Maybe an Action Master? I pulled up Krok and was not impressed, but then...

Am I the only one that sees almost the EXACT same torso on Banzai-Tron and WFC Prime? The shapes on the pecs, the ab vents, even the shoulder-circles...

I'll grant that not a lot of Banzai-Tron is in the limbs though. Also I don't think we really NEED another Banzai, what with the recent Botcon figure and Bludgeon repaint from Hasbro. Still, kind of cool. I'd probably buy it if it hit the shelves.

I hate the WFC Prime mold but would still probably replace the Botcon one with that repaint.

It *would* work.

card-strongarm.jpg

#69 NICK NEMESIS

NICK NEMESIS
  • Supporter
  • 17635 posts

Posted 22 November 2011 - 02:24 PM

I'm all about the idea of an RID set, but instead of Grapple as Wrecker-Hook, I'd use Movie Long-Arm, if viable. I mean, he IS a genuine tow-truck.

AAAnd...who wouldn't want a movie Wrecker or Bumblebee repainted as WARS? I don't care if they have to call him Raceway Bumblebee or Tokyo Drift Roadbuster, those molds are begging for it.

I'd also be down with a Armorhide repaint of Warpath, or even Skullgrin. Sure Skullgrin would need a new head, but for a Botcon set, that's doable.

Movie Skyhammer could make a sweet Rotor. I'd be able to live with it.

Edited by NICKSTART, 22 November 2011 - 05:03 PM.

Http://www.scatterville.com

#70 NotVeryKnightly

NotVeryKnightly
  • Staff
  • 23614 posts

Posted 22 November 2011 - 04:54 PM

And they can easily just use Universe Onslaught for Mega-Octane. Yeah, RiD set does sound feasible, at least.

Edited by Item42, 22 November 2011 - 04:55 PM.

#71 (Deactivated) Skullgrin2014

(Deactivated) Skullgrin2014
  • Guests

Posted 22 November 2011 - 05:56 PM

I wouldn't mind WFC Optimus redone and Cybertronian Optimus Primal.

WFC Megatron unfourtunately has a far too G1ish head to be Beast Wars Megatron.

So he'll need to be repainted as Pre-earth Megastorm.

#72 Luke

Luke
  • Retired Staff
  • 15021 posts

Posted 22 November 2011 - 06:57 PM

I want Breacher in G2 Onslaught colors. I don't need him to BE the guy, just... yellow and purple.

Actually, now that I think about it, I think I'd accept Breacher in just about any Onslaught/Mega-Octane deco... or AM Rollout. Or...

You know what? I think I just want a swarm of Breacher repaints. icon-wildride.gif

#73 (Deactivated) Skullgrin2014

(Deactivated) Skullgrin2014
  • Guests

Posted 22 November 2011 - 07:24 PM

I'd be okay with Breacher being repainted as a Modern Ruckus. Why wouldn't Ruckus Upgrade himself from a dune buggy to an armored car?

Of course he'd also make a great action Master Rollout. But he looks just enough like Ruckus to pull it off. Not completly like him but close. And, I'd be fine with purple camo as a G2 nod. On a toy thats colored to be a character meant to be Yellow and Purple anyways.

That said...Theres a lot of characters the mold could work as. Really wish they'd repaint him a few more times.

Still want Skystalker as Bomburst.

#74 ssg4life

ssg4life
  • Supporter
  • 2372 posts
  • Faction::Decepticon

Posted 22 November 2011 - 11:23 PM

if wfc megatron gets redone as anyone, it should be as autobot flame

#75 NotVeryKnightly

NotVeryKnightly
  • Staff
  • 23614 posts

Posted 23 November 2011 - 12:00 AM

They could totally do the Deluxe 10th anniversary Optimus Primal as Primal Prime. Or that gorilla cassette, maybe. In similar fashion to Universe Overkill.

Honestly, there's just soooo much potential that Hasbro really, really should do something like the old Universe line. There's easily enough potential redecos/retools for 3-4 years. Possibly more.

#76 ▲ndrusi

▲ndrusi

Praise be to Stakeout.

• Supporter
  • 27201 posts
  • Faction::Autobot

Posted 23 November 2011 - 09:11 AM

QUOTE(Lukeblast @ Nov 22 2011, 06:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I want Breacher in G2 Onslaught colors. I don't need him to BE the guy, just... yellow and purple.

Actually, now that I think about it, I think I'd accept Breacher in just about any Onslaught/Mega-Octane deco... or AM Rollout. Or...

You know what? I think I just want a swarm of Breacher repaints. icon-wildride.gif

In Mega Man X weapon color schemes!

#77 Bass X0

Bass X0
  • Citizen
  • 44098 posts
  • Faction::Decepticon

Posted 23 November 2011 - 01:44 PM

QUOTE(Lukeblast @ Nov 22 2011, 11:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I'd prefer Ultra Onslaught in his G2 colors and a Mega-Octane (or Mega-Tankor if they have to rename him).

I also want Scout Windcharger repainted as Decepticharge.

Edited by Bass X0, 24 November 2011 - 05:43 AM.

Just because you can't win doesn't mean you stop working.

#78 Phlis

Phlis
  • Citizen
  • 403 posts

Posted 23 November 2011 - 10:24 PM

QUOTE(Lukeblast @ Nov 22 2011, 06:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Switching gears abruptly, you know what makes no sense? Why is Breakdown the only G2 Stunticon we've ever gotten as an exclusive? We've all seem the prototypes, why not make a full on G2 Stunticon set? Jazz works as Deadend, Voyager Optimus would work fine as Motormaster, or hell why haven't we gotten any G2 Protectobots? Inferno would be a great Hotspot, Prowl as Streetwise, etc. The molds are all there, we know what the colors should be, it should happen.

#79 Luke

Luke
  • Retired Staff
  • 15021 posts

Posted 23 November 2011 - 10:51 PM

QUOTE(Phlis @ Nov 23 2011, 10:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
hell why haven't we gotten any G2 Protectobots? Inferno would be a great Hotspot, Prowl as Streetwise, etc. The molds are all there, we know what the colors should be, it should happen.

We DO have the latter... and I will fight you on the former.

*assembles hill to die on*

#80 Kalidor

Kalidor

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Owner
  • 60141 posts

Posted 23 November 2011 - 10:54 PM

Having a BrainFart Moment, but which Classics Soundwave has expensive electronics in it? I have a sealed Classics/Reissue and am using Cybertron Soundwave as my stand in because I like it.. but I don't know which one has electronics that you might be talking about.

Reply to this topic

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users