Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  -Wildstrike- : (24 May 2020 - 09:42 PM)

Who's excited for tomorrow? The only thing that makes Monday worth it is the Cyberverse episodes .-.

@  wonko the sane? : (24 May 2020 - 12:30 PM)

Welcome. I just came into that trick myself recently, so happy to share.

@  Nevermore : (24 May 2020 - 12:05 PM)

Thanks, wonko the sane? for the tip with the cloning. That helped a lot!

@  -Wildstrike- : (24 May 2020 - 12:02 PM)

Heheh.... yes... I don't think a sniper would be very good at making a vaccine... 0.0

@  Nevermore : (24 May 2020 - 11:48 AM)

All right! Cloning my old HHD to an SSD and then swapping out the drive was successful, it would appear. Finally.

@  Bass X0 : (24 May 2020 - 11:30 AM)

Scientist Perceptor is. Sniper Perceptor less so.

@  -Wildstrike- : (24 May 2020 - 10:51 AM)

Perceptor would be more responsible.

@  -Wildstrike- : (24 May 2020 - 10:48 AM)

Oof x~x

@  TheMightyMol... : (24 May 2020 - 10:45 AM)

He'd cure the virus, but he'd probably commit at least two crimes against nature and weaponize a third in the process.

@  -Wildstrike- : (24 May 2020 - 09:39 AM)

'Horrible consequences' would most likely happen with Brainstorm...

@  -Wildstrike- : (24 May 2020 - 08:16 AM)

Totally. And Percy's not even human. XD

@  TheMightyMol... : (24 May 2020 - 06:50 AM)

Can't do much worse than our current government, I say go for it.

@  Sabrblade : (23 May 2020 - 10:13 PM)

Little do we realize that the Perceptor in question is the Mini-Con combiner. :p

@  -Wildstrike- : (23 May 2020 - 10:11 PM)

He would!!!

@  -Wildstrike- : (23 May 2020 - 10:11 PM)

Horrible consequences? I... Doubt that would happen.

@  wonko the sane? : (23 May 2020 - 09:55 PM)

Even if he would come up with the answer by tomorrow.

@  wonko the sane? : (23 May 2020 - 09:54 PM)

I'd rather not deal with the horrible but unintended consequences of that.

@  -Wildstrike- : (23 May 2020 - 09:52 PM)

Lets let Perceptor make a vaccine for COVID-19. Who agrees with me :)

@  -Wildstrike- : (23 May 2020 - 08:43 PM)

I'll take your word for it. =D

@  TM2-Megatron : (23 May 2020 - 08:42 PM)

Although the TV edits of Robocop do contain some hilarity

@  TM2-Megatron : (23 May 2020 - 08:41 PM)

I can't think of any instance where sanitizing a film is a good thing.

@  -Wildstrike- : (23 May 2020 - 06:42 PM)

.... and thats a good thing? :doh

@  Steevy Maximus : (23 May 2020 - 06:39 PM)

I'm watching Predator on Starz! That means it has all the language and gore uncensored!

@  Sabrblade : (23 May 2020 - 04:23 PM)

*grabs popcorn*

@  -Wildstrike- : (23 May 2020 - 12:49 PM)

*watching everyone argue* O^O

@  fourteenwings : (23 May 2020 - 10:22 AM)

By that logic we might as well just get rid of the Shoutbox wholesale! I'd rather have like 3 or 4 things stuck for a week or so than one person dominating the whole thing (no offense Nevermore).

@  PlutoniumBoss : (23 May 2020 - 03:30 AM)

I would argue that "full of something one doesn't read" and "devoid of reading material" are functionally identical at the end-user level. :D

@  NotVeryKnightly : (22 May 2020 - 07:58 PM)

If it emptied, it would become empty.

@  PlutoniumBoss : (22 May 2020 - 07:53 PM)

It would be the same effect as if the shoutbox simply emptied once or twice a week.

@  NotVeryKnightly : (22 May 2020 - 07:27 PM)

I don't see how having walls of the same guy on top whenever I go to any page on this site is "refreshing".

@  PlutoniumBoss : (22 May 2020 - 06:10 PM)

I don't know, I find the occasional flushing of the box to be refreshing.

@  Telly : (22 May 2020 - 04:20 PM)

but its gets annoying seeing a wall of text from him that takes up most of the shoutbox

@  PlutoniumBoss : (22 May 2020 - 03:53 PM)

Eh, that's just Nevermore.

@  fourteenwings : (22 May 2020 - 12:11 AM)

@Nevermore: Good rule of thumb is if you feel like you need not just multiple statements but also multiple shouts to make a point, best just make a thread.

@  NotVeryKnightly : (21 May 2020 - 05:36 PM)

Dude, do you just, not know when to stop?

@  Nevermore : (21 May 2020 - 03:35 PM)

Instead of "I have only ten hours to get all my stuff from place A to place B", it's more like "I temporarily stored 90% of my stuff in easily accessible place C in my spare time, so now I have ten hours to get the remaining 10% of my stuff over to the new place before permanently saying goodbye to the old place".

@  NotVeryKnightly : (21 May 2020 - 03:33 PM)

At these point you two are just repeating what you already said.

@  Nevermore : (21 May 2020 - 03:32 PM)

Again using my "moving apartments" analogy. If you can store the stuff you don't immediately need for everyday life somewhere else, it reduces the critical time of permanently switching your primary base of residence over to the new place because there's less stuff to move when the time comes.

@  Nevermore : (21 May 2020 - 03:30 PM)

Well, my main point is that it will speed up the system migration so I have A) less system downtime because there are fewer files to transfer before the new system can be up and running and B) it reduces the risk of something going wrong during the system migration.

@  wonko the sane? : (21 May 2020 - 06:19 AM)

If your primary is getting cleaned up anyway cause you were backing stuff up, then yeah, no reason not to. But largely, it's not a necessary step.

@  Nevermore : (21 May 2020 - 03:33 AM)

It's like you find out that there's a fire going to break out in the house you live in soon, so you find a new place, get your entire Transformers collection into safe storage, and now all that's left are the empty cabinets which you intend to move over to your new place soon. If the fire breaks out before then, sure, you'd need to get new cabinets, but your toys are already out of the danger zone.

@  Nevermore : (21 May 2020 - 03:27 AM)

At this point, I'm in a "if the old system crashed before the new drive arrives, it will be slightly annoying, not a complete disaster" mood.

@  Nevermore : (21 May 2020 - 03:26 AM)

I've mostly just backed up my personal files and stuff on the external hard drive. The existing Windows installment is supposed to be directly cloned to the new drive once it arrives.

@  Hg Dragon : (21 May 2020 - 01:44 AM)

Who else has ever been so out of it that you've gotten into the shower with your glasses on?

@  Echowarrior : (20 May 2020 - 11:08 PM)

Nope. We've been forced to go with Eclipse. It sucks, and I will continue to call the people in charge of the website fascists until they give me reason to do otherwise.

@  CORVUS : (20 May 2020 - 10:20 PM)

Yeah, I'm not a fan of the new layout either. Fortunately you can stay with the old one though.

@  Liege : (20 May 2020 - 08:57 PM)

So now it matches 90% of the content.

@  Trpodeca : (20 May 2020 - 05:18 PM)

Wow the new Deviantart layout is terrible.

@  wonko the sane? : (20 May 2020 - 10:39 AM)

Are you referring to cloning your drive to install into your computer as the replacement, or are you creating an image to restore from should something unforseen occur?

@  Nevermore : (20 May 2020 - 06:36 AM)

Backing up the data not necessary for running Windows on an external drive for safekeeping, trimming down the old drive to a bare minimum, then migrating the old drive to the new one.

Photo

The DC Toy Thread

1167 replies to this topic

#1161 Steevy Maximus

Steevy Maximus

Snarky Siegie

• Citizen
  • 4825 posts
  • Faction::Unicron's Spawn

Posted 22 February 2020 - 10:08 AM

I have a MIGHTY NEED for that Mezco 1:12 Batman 89

#1162 AgentOrange

AgentOrange
  • Citizen
  • 1344 posts
  • Faction::Maximal

Posted 23 February 2020 - 02:31 AM

Best of luck on the wait list if you didn't preorder

LOOKDOWN.png

#1163 Sean Whitmore

Sean Whitmore
  • Citizen
  • 8123 posts

Posted 23 February 2020 - 03:03 AM

Speaking of, they're supposedly doing a Superman 78. Can't wait for that nerve-wracking preorder morning.

PSN: SeanWhitmore

Switch: SW-7452-6932-0513

3DS: 0490-6399-8582

I did a new video thing:
https://www.allspark.com/forums/topic/159447-whos-the-right-arm/

#1164 Telly

Telly

god of kingdom come

• Retired Staff
  • 8569 posts
  • Faction::Autobot

Posted 23 February 2020 - 10:58 AM

*looks it up*

8248b97e-c584-48aa-94a0-e5b7be7b49c3.jpg

holy shit! i thought that was a movie still at first!

Speaking of, they're supposedly doing a Superman 78. Can't wait for that nerve-wracking preorder morning.

im not much for these kinds of figures, but if its anything like this batman i may have to get it if i can

Edited by Telly, 23 February 2020 - 10:58 AM.

When I die I will surely go to Heaven for i spent my life in Hell

#1165 Sean Whitmore

Sean Whitmore
  • Citizen
  • 8123 posts

Posted 25 February 2020 - 04:58 AM

Pixel Dan did an interview with McFarlane about his DC toys (and some other stuff), and it's pretty great. Todd sounds really enthusiastic, and I like where his head's at with some of his decisions.

PSN: SeanWhitmore

Switch: SW-7452-6932-0513

3DS: 0490-6399-8582

I did a new video thing:
https://www.allspark.com/forums/topic/159447-whos-the-right-arm/

#1166 AgentOrange

AgentOrange
  • Citizen
  • 1344 posts
  • Faction::Maximal

Posted 25 February 2020 - 04:55 PM

Pixel Dan did an interview with McFarlane about his DC toys (and some other stuff), and it's pretty great. Todd sounds really enthusiastic, and I like where his head's at with some of his decisions.

I'm personally super stoked about the White Knight stuff.  DC's put the nail in the coffin of my fandom awhile back, but Murphy's been killing it with those minis.

LOOKDOWN.png

#1167 Blacknife

Blacknife

Never heard of it; never will

• Citizen
  • 5867 posts

Posted 09 April 2020 - 08:59 PM

That is a freaking good Azrael. I think the main issue with the McF BTAS figures is that the design doesn't mesh well with the hulking plastic motif and they come off as sized up KOs.

#1168 Dake

Dake

Resident resident

• Supporter
  • 19557 posts

Posted Yesterday, 12:21 PM

Snagged the new McFarlane Armored Wonder Woman the other day for kicks. It's pretty decent over all with one weird part I didn't expect.

Her face sculpt is good as is the paint, but I admit painted faces are tough in a world of digital printed faces for likeness. Unlike the new digitally printed faces, I think her face photographs better than it looks to the naked eye. The wings obviously make her back heavy, but I can get her to stand on her own without having to be hunched over, but only just. It could be easier but her shin armor really limits her ankle articulation. Her ankle articulation is the double-socket ball (like some older Marvel Universe hip joints) that allows you to rotate the ankle separate of both the foot and the shin. You really need to be able to pose the foot about 1 degree more but can't because it hits the bottom of her greaves. Of course, they gave her a stand for this reason, but the way the stand is constructed means she can only be displayed in a flying/hovering position of some sort.

XYAZhZU.jpg

All of this I somewhat expected because the wings and armor were always going to complicate things.  I wasn't expecting Spider-man levels of articulation here. That being said, I almost think she's a victim of too much articulation. Because of the armor and weight limitations, she has stuff that she doesn't need which then allows for the issue below.

The odd part: I doubt anyone is surprised that her abdomen armor is rubber to allow some movement. Handy, but it tends to ride up under the chest piece a bit. What surprised me though is her crotch piece under the armor is also rubber. I suppose it helps with articulation, but what it means for me is her right "butt cheek" got pinched and trapped under the top of her thigh in the package. I used a pair of tweezers to pull it out, but now there's a permanent pinch in the rubber.

1Hs56hF.jpg

E0TdPZT.jpg

It also means her hip rides over the front of her "bikini" more or less reinforcing the deformation of the part.

kOYAcLI.jpg

Well here's the culprit (obligatory "hur hur crotch shot")

5Zv2UA1.jpg

Somehow during packaging or even assembling maybe? This little strip of bikini got moved off-center, which then meant the right leg was able to trap the bikini edge underneath the top of the hip, leading to the deformation. That strip looks like it was supposed to have been glued down, but that let go/was torn. I think part of the reason that happened is because her torso is actually three parts. You have the upper part that ends at the boob crunch. You have the waist/crotch area. And then there's a third abdomen section in between. All of this combines to make it tricky to get her to stand symmetrically, and may have also allowed the weird issue with her rubber bikini part as stuff shifted at some point and allowed it to separate.

Anyway. All in all not bad, and was going to suffer due to the nature of the figure being armored. But it's a bit of a bummer that all the bits conspired to cause the strange issue. I'm not sure there's anyway to tell if this has happened while still sealed in package. But once you get her bikini back to where it should be, you can at least get everything else pretty close.

And let's be honest:  as my first McFarlane-made figure since the nineties - the fact that it's still in one piece after all my manipulating and mucking about is something to celebrate!

Also. I don't know why I thought these were 6" scale, but she's definitely not. Which is a bit of a bummer since she can't fit in my WW shrine... er shelf collection. :D

kKkljlZ.jpg

Edited by Dake, Yesterday, 12:42 PM.

8ZSy6aw.jpg

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users