Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  unluckiness : (16 June 2019 - 01:20 AM)

And for hug's sake, I hope that the new Fire Emblem's PC isn't one of the DLC

@  Sean Whitmore : (15 June 2019 - 04:11 PM)

Smash Bros could never touch a new franchise again, and I'd still have laundry lists of side characters and villains I'd love to see included.

@  unluckiness : (15 June 2019 - 09:36 AM)

DINNER

@  SG Roadbuster : (15 June 2019 - 09:36 AM)

cuz i wanna fight a boat

@  SG Roadbuster : (15 June 2019 - 09:35 AM)

if we must have another zelda character, id want the king of red lion

@  MEDdMI : (14 June 2019 - 10:38 PM)

I would unironically love Tingle in Smash.

@  Paladin : (14 June 2019 - 02:06 PM)

they HAVE to put Travis Touchdown in at some point now, right???

@  TheMightyMol... : (14 June 2019 - 01:24 PM)

Right after Shaq.

@  Locoman : (14 June 2019 - 12:36 PM)

When will we get Bluster Kong in Smash?

@  unluckiness : (14 June 2019 - 08:20 AM)

The last three DLC characters are Tingle, Charles Barkley and L Tetris block with Reverse L Tetris block as an Echo fighter.

@  MEDdMI : (14 June 2019 - 08:09 AM)

Pipe dream Smash entry: The Prince from the Katamari series. :D

@  MEDdMI : (14 June 2019 - 06:35 AM)

The space/time around them gets frozen too! ....or something.

@  unluckiness : (14 June 2019 - 06:01 AM)

I still want to find out how freezing people suspends them in midair

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (14 June 2019 - 02:45 AM)

We really need Subzero or Scorpion in Smash. Violence aside, they are pretty big gaming icons as well.

@  Steevy Maximus : (13 June 2019 - 08:18 PM)

Given Nintendo's relationship with Tecmo, I'm still waiting for Ryu Hyabusa

@  TheMightyMol... : (13 June 2019 - 07:19 PM)

I'm still waiting for Doomguy.

@  Steevy Maximus : (13 June 2019 - 06:47 PM)

I just started watching High School DxD (don't judge me...) and I caught on the Nintendo Treehouse some request Rias for Smash lol

@  ▲ndrusi : (13 June 2019 - 11:25 AM)

I have having to watch a video to find out why someone wanted me to watch the video

@  Nevermore : (11 June 2019 - 04:58 PM)

I remember when the TPB for The Dark Age 2 was delayed for an entire year...

@  Trpodeca : (11 June 2019 - 03:55 AM)

I just wish they'd release the Astro City paperback trades.

@  Nevermore : (10 June 2019 - 05:31 AM)

As an open-minded heterosexual, I wouldn't mind seeing more of that.

@  Nevermore : (10 June 2019 - 05:29 AM)

Currently in the process of re-reading Kurt Busiek's Astro City. Big props for the issue featuring the "Dancing Master" and its portrayal of non-stereotypical gay characters.

@  TM2-Megatron : (10 June 2019 - 05:25 AM)

Don't phone charges often contain special rapid charge circuitry, though? The voltage might be higher too, given the selfie stick probably has a very basic battery.

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (09 June 2019 - 11:28 PM)

Glad to be of assistance!

@  Telly : (09 June 2019 - 10:32 PM)

*checks selfie stick and phone charger* huh. perfect fit. thanks!

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (09 June 2019 - 09:58 PM)

I would use the USB-to-AC adapter that came with my iPhone, though I gather you must have a different brand of cell phone.

@  TM2-Megatron : (09 June 2019 - 05:42 PM)

In that case a generic adapter is probably your best bet, then. Keep in mind a lot of hotels now have plain USB outlets in rooms too, though; but I guess that's not guaranteed

@  Telly : (09 June 2019 - 05:31 PM)

yeah, i just need something small to plug into the wall. im not sure im taking my laptop on my trip later this year and i want a way to charge my stuff

@  TM2-Megatron : (09 June 2019 - 05:04 PM)

They also have wall outlets with built-in USB in addition to the two regular plugs; I installed those around my place so I have USB ports everywhere

@  TM2-Megatron : (09 June 2019 - 05:02 PM)

You might be able to get a generic adapter to use with it at Radio Shack if you know the appropriate voltages or whatever

@  TM2-Megatron : (09 June 2019 - 05:01 PM)

It came with a USB cable with no AC adapter? A lot of lower priced electronics do that, presumably assuming that USB is pretty ubiquitous

@  TM2-Megatron : (09 June 2019 - 05:00 PM)

Yeah, must be, I guess.

@  Telly : (09 June 2019 - 04:59 PM)

maybe having bluetooth has something to do with it?

@  Telly : (09 June 2019 - 04:58 PM)

the one i got has an on/off button, and came with a usb to attach to my laptop to charge it. its this one https://www.walmart....ility/432985497

@  TM2-Megatron : (09 June 2019 - 04:51 PM)

Selfie sticks have power? I thought they were to just hold the phone away from you

@  Telly : (09 June 2019 - 04:44 PM)

need some technical help.how do i charge my selfie stick without using my laptop? is there some kind of portable charger? i know it sounds like a dumb question, but i dont know very much about this stuff

@  MEDdMI : (08 June 2019 - 06:58 PM)

Different songs or overdosing don't work for me. My brain can play multiple songs at once. Best to do something else to distract me.

@  Xellos : (08 June 2019 - 05:36 PM)

Still, the worst is having the last song I hear before going into work being stuck in my head all day.

@  TheMightyMol... : (08 June 2019 - 05:00 PM)

Get a different song stuck in your head too. Let them battle for supremacy. Only the strong survive.

@  Nevermore : (08 June 2019 - 03:53 PM)

Keep listening to it over and over until you got the lyrics memorized. By that point, it will start to fade out of your system.

@  Nevermore : (08 June 2019 - 02:48 PM)

I've discovered the easiest cure for having a song stuck in your head is overdosing to the point of fatigue.

@  Steevy Maximus : (08 June 2019 - 12:27 PM)

Jedi Fallen Order sure does look a LOT like a Souls style game with Star Wars flavoring

@  Kalidor : (07 June 2019 - 06:18 PM)

I have a hard time believing that you speaking at length and with great detail is something you wouldn't be good at. Glad you had fun.

@  Nevermore : (07 June 2019 - 02:51 PM)

Funny thing is I wasn't nervous at all. Might have helped that I was able to speak freely due to having assembled my speech from a lot of smaller segments I had previously told to my colleagues on the shopfloor, with a few punchlines added.

@  Nevermore : (07 June 2019 - 02:49 PM)

Allegedly I did well. Lots of applause, and was told I was leagues beyond the guy who spoke before me (though that wasn't difficult, that guy was dry as a river on Mars).

@  Nevermore : (07 June 2019 - 02:48 PM)

So I volunteered to hold a small speech at our strike assembly today (lots of Amazon employees, plus some people from IKEA, Smyths toys and some other local retailers).

@  Maximus Ambus : (07 June 2019 - 01:17 PM)

Today Dolly the Sheep and Super Salmon, tomorrow Neo Sapiens. We're through the looking glass people.

@  Kalidor : (07 June 2019 - 12:55 PM)

Happy birthday @Pinkcolliebot

@  Pinkcolliebot : (07 June 2019 - 12:03 PM)

Today's My Birthday!!!

@  TheMightyMol... : (07 June 2019 - 03:16 AM)

Think how many copies of Optimus Prime's brain could fit on that.

Photo
- - - - -

The GIJOE Thread;

9668 replies to this topic

#661 Esser-Z

Esser-Z

I'm never going down at the hands of the likes of you

• Citizen
  • 32946 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 11 April 2012 - 07:26 PM

That's nifty, but I like the Retaliation body more for the Baroness than the RoC one. It's more leader-like. icon-fire.gif

#662 Detour

Detour

STR10 DEX7 CON12 INT10 WIS8 CHA1

• Supporter
  • 20566 posts
  • Faction::Maximal

Posted 11 April 2012 - 08:05 PM

I think you mean Resolute. icon-waspy.gif

Personally I really like the Paris Pursuit Baroness, although the 2nd 5-pack Baroness (whose body was reused, IIRC, for the Resolute figure) comes in at close second.

You're far too young to be this bitter and angry at the world....

I'm reading that with Roy's voice. Heck, I read everything you post in a laconic Irish accent.

#663 Spark

Spark
  • Citizen
  • 38593 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 08:32 PM

Wait, isn't Knox's trademark thing showing off her cleavage?
Fall of Cybertron will blow your mind. That is all.

#664 Esser-Z

Esser-Z

• Citizen
  • 32946 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 08:46 PM

QUOTE(Detour @ Apr 11 2012, 09:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think you mean Resolute. icon-waspy.gif

That I do! icon-fire.gif

I'm also very tempted to pick up some additional weapons from Marauder Inc. They've got some great looking stuff. Would love to have my Joes toting around the P90, for example (entirely thanks to Stargate).

Edited by Esser-Z, 12 April 2012 - 11:58 AM.

#665 Luke

Luke
  • Retired Staff
  • 15021 posts
  • Faction::Cannonball's Pirate Crew

Posted 12 April 2012 - 04:00 PM

QUOTE(Spark @ Apr 11 2012, 09:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

In her single Marvel appearance she showed a lot of chest. In all of her DDP appearances though, no.

And even in Marvel it had nothing to do with her character, so I'd greatly hesitate to call it her "thing", trademark or otherwise.

#666 MightyMegs

MightyMegs
  • Citizen
  • 4234 posts
  • Faction::Decepticon

Posted 13 April 2012 - 08:33 AM

Two reports of Retaliation figures hitting. Both at Mejer (sp?)...

#667 NightViper

NightViper

Ehhhhh...

• Retired Staff
  • 42175 posts
  • Faction::RIBFIR

Posted 13 April 2012 - 09:22 AM

QUOTE(MightyMegs @ Apr 13 2012, 09:33 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Two reports of Retaliation figures hitting. Both at Mejer (sp?)...

Meijer.

I'd be curious to know what their price tag said. Back in March I stopped at a Meijer in western Ohio and as surprised to see that their Joes were only $6.99. If the Retaliation figures are similarly $2 (or more) less than what Walmart, TRU and Target charge... I envy those with a local Meijer even more icon-fire.gif

#668 Dake

Dake

Resident resident

• Supporter
  • 18795 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 01:00 PM

Huh, that's early for sure. I wish BBTS would get their preorders up. I'm not worried about the first three waves, just all the ones after.

According to the receipt, the Joes are 6.97 which is fantastic.

Also, looks like the Joe trooper still has a blue mask and cape. I wonder if we have our first variant of the line in the making?

Edited by Dake, 13 April 2012 - 01:05 PM.

8ZSy6aw.jpg

#669 Steevy Maximus

Steevy Maximus

Snarky Siegie

• Citizen
  • 4457 posts
  • Faction::Unicron's Spawn

Posted 13 April 2012 - 04:22 PM

QUOTE(Dake @ Apr 13 2012, 01:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Huh, that's early for sure. I wish BBTS would get their preorders up. I'm not worried about the first three waves, just all the ones after.

Also, looks like the Joe trooper still has a blue mask and cape. I wonder if we have our first variant of the line in the making?

Rumor I've heard is the online guys aren't supposed to have listing up until the end of April

Not sure I'd trust the price though, at least the line staying there. What does Meijer run Avengers figures? May have been "underpriced" because of the old tags.

And people have found a black Cobra Commander on Ebay. Wave 1 mold, not sure yet if it is a pre-production item, a running change, or some exclusive multipack at the moment.

#670 MightyMegs

MightyMegs
  • Citizen
  • 4234 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 04:25 PM

QUOTE(Steevy Maximus @ Apr 13 2012, 05:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE(Dake @ Apr 13 2012, 01:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Rumor I've heard is the online guys aren't supposed to have listing up until the end of April

Not sure I'd trust the price though, at least the line staying there. What does Meijer run Avengers figures? May have been "underpriced" because of the old tags.

And people have found a black Cobra Commander on Ebay. Wave 1 mold, not sure yet if it is a pre-production item, a running change, or some exclusive multipack at the moment.

I'm betting the black Commander is from the multi-pack that was listed on Amazon right after toyfair...

#671 Steevy Maximus

Steevy Maximus

Snarky Siegie

• Citizen
  • 4457 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 05:10 PM

QUOTE(MightyMegs @ Apr 13 2012, 04:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm betting the black Commander is from the multi-pack that was listed on Amazon right after toyfair...

You mean the "preview" pack that isn't looking like it will hit before the rest of the line? icon-waspy.gif

I still think it was a premature posting on Amazon's part, and got scrapped due to disinterest (what with more than a few retailers STILL having the last preview set for sale at 1/3 its original price)

#672 Betty Nor

Betty Nor
  • Citizen
  • 7695 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 05:25 PM

Well, to be fair, I can't imagine a lot of non-adult collectors being excited about that MARS 3-pack. Heck, I didn't even buy it at full price (though I did get 2 sets at a discounted price later on). Not sure who conceptualised/green-lit that idea or what their train of thought was at the time.

I checked my local Meijer - no Retaliation Joes, but the price is still like $6.97.
Avengers figures are just shy of $8 a pop.

Edited by Betty Nor, 13 April 2012 - 05:26 PM.

#673 Steevy Maximus

Steevy Maximus

Snarky Siegie

• Citizen
  • 4457 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 06:25 PM

Used UPCs from the HIsstank thread about finding the toys to do some info digging at Walmart. That particular stored did not have any at the time, but they were in system with a price of $8.96, the same as they are running Star Wars and Avengers.

Good thing they dropped the "Always Low Prices" bit, 'cause they sure aren't the lowest anymore!

#674 Dake

Dake

Resident resident

• Supporter
  • 18795 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 06:27 PM

Walmart matches sale prices - I wonder if they'll match regular prices?

8ZSy6aw.jpg

#675 Detour

Detour

STR10 DEX7 CON12 INT10 WIS8 CHA1

• Supporter
  • 20566 posts
  • Faction::Maximal

Posted 14 April 2012 - 06:53 PM

Don't you need to bring a print ad for a price match, though?

You're far too young to be this bitter and angry at the world....

I'm reading that with Roy's voice. Heck, I read everything you post in a laconic Irish accent.

#676 Spark

Spark
  • Citizen
  • 38593 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 11:02 PM

Yep. And they usually don't accept internet print-outs.
Fall of Cybertron will blow your mind. That is all.

#677 Esser-Z

Esser-Z

• Citizen
  • 32946 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 11:06 AM

Welp. I ended up ordering a ton of stuff. Probably shouldn't have spent nearly so much, but ah well. In addition to what I got before, I've got the following coming my way:

$25 of Marauder Inc. weapons to expand one of my favorite parts of play--equipping dudes!
Both BBTS Resolute 7-packs.
Renegades Scarlett
Renegades Ripcord
Renegades Tunnel Rat
Renegades Firefly
PoC Jungle Viper
2x 30th Steel Brigade
Black Dragon Vehicle
Two more sets of MARS troopers to be more basic enemies.

I also have a Crimson PoC HISS preordered at Entertainment Earth.

You may notice I'll have some duplicate characters. Gonna do some repurposing. Resolute Scarlett is Commander Adrian Shepard, a near-future expy of my Mass Effect player character. She's second in command after General Hawk. Her code-name is just Shepard, because Shepard. icon-fire.gif

Resolute Firefly will be given a Marauder, Inc. heavy machine gun as a generic Cobra Support Trooper. I prefer the look of Renegades Firefly for the named character. Resolute Storm Shadow (minus that goofy good) will be a generic Cobra Assassin. Resolute Duke will, thanks to my sister's NCIS fangirlism, be Agent Gibbs, a sniper and investigator recently brought on to the team.

Also planning to pick up Captain America's Goliath Assault Tank next time I'm at a store to repurpose into the GI Joe Avenger rapid-response armored vehicle.

I sure got bit by a Joe fever. icon-fire.gif

#678 Monzo

Monzo

The Weirdest Fan Experience

• Citizen
  • 2201 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 11:28 AM

QUOTE(Spark @ Apr 11 2012, 09:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

DrKnox03.jpg

Somehow she managed to cover up a lot more in The Art of War. http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Knox

#679 MightyMegs

MightyMegs
  • Citizen
  • 4234 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 03:07 PM

My HELLFIRE HISS Squad. I have one more to make...

#680 Steevy Maximus

Steevy Maximus

Snarky Siegie

• Citizen
  • 4457 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 05:56 PM

Well, old Gyre Viper found an interesting batch of figures:
http://www.hisstank....vie-toys-11235/

He posted an additional cardback image later on, basically pointing these as some sort of discounter release (Big Lots, Dollar General, Family Dollar, etc) and I hypothesized as much earlier on in the thread.

He was told they were "cancelled", but who knows?

GREAT set (except for Cobra Commander), and I would be shocked if we learn Hasbro actualy canceled the assortment, especially given how far they are.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users