Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  Ashley : (17 August 2019 - 02:30 AM)

They MIGHT have done it for Star Trek Online ships, but even if they have that'd be a fairly specific category.

@  Tieria Prime : (17 August 2019 - 02:11 AM)

Hi friends

@  Nevermore : (17 August 2019 - 02:05 AM)

So only if Viacom/Paramount has actively trademarked the term "multi-vector assault mode", offered goods or services under that name and has been offering those goods and services in recent years, Hasbro cannot offer goods or services under that name in the same category.

@  Nevermore : (17 August 2019 - 02:04 AM)

And they need to be consistently used on top of that.

@  Nevermore : (17 August 2019 - 02:03 AM)

Even if they are trademarked.

@  Nevermore : (17 August 2019 - 02:02 AM)

Words and terms used in dialogue shouldn't be affected.

@  Nevermore : (17 August 2019 - 02:02 AM)

Also, the trademarks only apply in commerce. You use them to identify goods and services.

@  Ashley : (16 August 2019 - 11:55 PM)

Yeah, you also need to apply for it. They might've never bothered to trademark that.

@  NotVeryKnightly : (16 August 2019 - 08:37 PM)

Trademark affects titles and product names, not every word in writing. For example, DC called their character "Captain Marvel" as recently as 2014.

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (16 August 2019 - 08:30 PM)

You missed my point. I was addressing the usage of the phrase in dialogue. Hence the quotation marks.

@  Pennpenn : (16 August 2019 - 08:00 PM)

Well, they can anyway, they might just not be able to call it that...

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (16 August 2019 - 06:54 PM)

It would be awesome for Transformers to have the likes of Overlord and Sky Lynx "engage multi-vector assault mode!"

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (16 August 2019 - 06:53 PM)

It is a shame that "multi-vector assault mode" is probably trademarked for Star Trek.

@  unluckiness : (15 August 2019 - 10:54 PM)

Only if they manage to boomer-proof it

@  RichardT1977 : (15 August 2019 - 08:16 PM)

(and would that really be a bad thing?)

@  RichardT1977 : (15 August 2019 - 08:16 PM)

Wouldn't a cybernetic singularity actually remove one or more of the top levels of Maslow's hierarchy?

@  Steevy Maximus : (15 August 2019 - 07:40 PM)

Tomy made some strange selections on their first wave of Tomica releases for the US

@  TheMightyMol... : (15 August 2019 - 06:26 PM)

Resistance is futile.

@  wonko the sane? : (15 August 2019 - 06:20 PM)

I would be down for a nice cybernetic singularity if it meant we could actually reach the top of maslow's hierarchy.

@  Ashley : (15 August 2019 - 05:44 PM)

I'm pretty sure the origin of the villains in GaoGaiGar was a computer being told to reduce the stress of the population and it's answer was to assimilate everyone.

@  Maximus Ambus : (15 August 2019 - 01:53 PM)

Executions then followed by nano reanimation then cryonic suspension until everyone you know is deactivated for good so you can build happiness in a future society.

@  wonko the sane? : (15 August 2019 - 01:47 PM)

As opposed to the ones that lie already? As a civilization: we're emotional and socially broken. Might as well have the society that at least wants us to be "happy".

@  RichardT1977 : (15 August 2019 - 11:48 AM)

Or you'd have a lot of people lying about their emotional state to avoid being executed.

@  wonko the sane? : (15 August 2019 - 11:18 AM)

That would actually be a massive step up: since there's a LOT of stuff needed to quantify happiness, and it could only be an improvement over the existing governments which actually don't care if you live or die, never mind if you're "happy".

@  RichardT1977 : (15 August 2019 - 10:02 AM)

Happiness is mandatory, citizen. Failure to be happy is treason. Have a nice daycycle!

@  unluckiness : (15 August 2019 - 01:46 AM)

Maslow's hierarchy of needs

@  MrBlud : (14 August 2019 - 09:46 PM)

Humanity is pretty forgiving if you take care of its basic needs. "Freedom" and "Privacy" don't have much hold when you can't afford food, shelter, or medicine.

@  TheMightyMol... : (14 August 2019 - 03:29 PM)

Something something peace through tyranny.

@  Maximus Ambus : (14 August 2019 - 02:43 PM)

You probably will have a house, AI overseers will crack down on stress, poverty, homelessness and human administration.

@  Rycochet : (14 August 2019 - 02:36 PM)

The bad news is they'll probab;y be made and operated by Amazon so will record every single thing you do and transmit it to their datacenters so theycan have human operators sift through it and laugh at footage of you dancing in your socks or having intercourse.

@  NotVeryKnightly : (14 August 2019 - 02:32 PM)

What if I don't have a house by then?

@  wonko the sane? : (14 August 2019 - 02:32 PM)

If the robot will do the cleaning, I don't care if it's mandatory. I'm sick of moping floors.

@  Maximus Ambus : (14 August 2019 - 02:05 PM)

humanoid service robots, one for every house in the west. ETA: 2050. household robots will be mandatory.

@  Rycochet : (14 August 2019 - 02:03 PM)

All I know is it'd be tragic if those evil robots win. I know she can beat them.

@  TheMightyMol... : (14 August 2019 - 01:53 PM)

Big ones? Small ones? Ones as big as your head?

@  Rycochet : (14 August 2019 - 12:22 PM)

The robots are pink. Someone call Yoshimi!

@  wonko the sane? : (14 August 2019 - 11:11 AM)

Yeah, could you maybe be more specific? Are they good robots? Bad ones? Do they just want to take our jobs? We need more information to work out how we feel about them.

@  Benbot : (14 August 2019 - 11:03 AM)

which ones?

@  Maximus Ambus : (13 August 2019 - 11:24 AM)

Robots are coming....

@  wonko the sane? : (12 August 2019 - 07:14 PM)

my nephew showed me the cuphead rap, and now it's stuck in my head...

@  Hg Dragon : (12 August 2019 - 07:07 PM)

Hershey squirts. AKA diarrhea

@  Maximus Ambus : (12 August 2019 - 11:10 AM)

Scioli Cybertron has a paradox machine courtesy of Lord Umbra, a defence against Unicronus.

@  Pennpenn : (12 August 2019 - 09:16 AM)

Hershey Squirts? Is this going to be one of those questions it turns out I don't want to know the answer to?

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (12 August 2019 - 01:16 AM)

Breaking news from ALTernity Today: planet-monster found dead of OD

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (12 August 2019 - 01:15 AM)

Someone should tell multiversal Unicron to consume the reality of Scioli Transformers vs. G.I. Joe.

@  PlutoniumBoss : (12 August 2019 - 12:58 AM)

Lithone got its revenge. It gave the Chaos Bringer the Hershey Squirts.

@  Steevy Maximus : (11 August 2019 - 08:08 PM)

I guess the upcoming film "Don't Let Go" is a remake of Frequency but with cell phones instead of HAM radios?

@  Maximus Ambus : (11 August 2019 - 03:58 PM)

Lithone took a nibble first.

@  unluckiness : (11 August 2019 - 04:05 AM)

The time has come. Execute Patch 6.6

@  TheMightyMol... : (11 August 2019 - 02:57 AM)

This is why the Jedi had to be so brutally nerfed.

Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

The GIJOE Thread;

9739 replies to this topic

#6541 Fortress Ironhold

Fortress Ironhold

Blasphemer

• Banned
  • 20567 posts

Posted 24 October 2015 - 10:46 AM

Those would make great alternative outfits for Tomax & Xamot - but then perhaps some of the First Order Star Wars "Imperials" would too with little needed extra effort.

[EDIT] Additional :

I just had a thought - dreaming for a moment that Gi Joe will ever be a thing of significance again (yeah I know it's a dream short of a Gi Joe Movie being so amazing it bootstraps the whole brand I don't think it super likely we will be seeing great things in great amounts any time soon).

That said and living in the realm of fantasy for a moment ; I was wondering what vehicles were there in the past that "almost" worked but had some annoying features like weapon placement or types of the method of propulsion - tracks or wheels.

I can think of a few 1990's vehicles that had issue like that the main weapon was ugly or the wheels were to small so the body would drag or it had an open top when it needed a cover over it - that sort of thing.

Another idea to consider is take an existing vehicle and swap tracks for wheels or vice versa or add an extra piece to "Enhance" it's function, or swap out the weapons for something else. or make the same vehicle as before but change the accessory. for example imagine a HAVOC with a boat inside instead of a hover-vehicle. or other Destro vehicles that were be able to dock with the others that had that feature already.

I realise many of those moulds have gone to meet the great toymaker in the sky - but again "I'm just dreaming here"

For the HAVOC, I've re-imagined a version in which the driver & navigator are seated inside an armored front command area, and the gunner is seated in an enclosed bay on an actual turret.

For the Armadillo, I've re-imagined that as a hovertank.

#6542 Detour

Detour

STR10 DEX7 CON12 INT10 WIS8 CHA1

• Supporter
  • 20598 posts
  • Faction::Maximal

Posted 24 October 2015 - 12:52 PM

12049601_10206828061556645_4366954762991

*sigh*
Another great suited base figure I'll likely never find.

I didn't know these were "out" yet. It is nice to see the 25th heads seem to fit this body better than the Prof X one.

No mods needed but the neck balls are a bit wider than the neck socket so it'll stretch em out. If you're okay with that...

You're far too young to be this bitter and angry at the world....

I'm reading that with Roy's voice. Heck, I read everything you post in a laconic Irish accent.

#6543 Dake

Dake

Resident resident

• Supporter
  • 19013 posts

Posted 24 October 2015 - 01:11 PM

Yeah, MU have always had larger sockets than Joe. I'm not really interested since I already made my set of Twins with the Prof X body and Loki heads. But it's a good current option for folks.

ZFdFeQr.jpg

8ZSy6aw.jpg

#6544 Fortress Ironhold

Fortress Ironhold

Blasphemer

• Banned
  • 20567 posts

Posted 24 October 2015 - 06:37 PM

Picked up a loose, no accessories 2008 Ace figure today.

As you can see in the image, his jumpsuit is supposed to be a clean, clear white.

However, mine isn't.

S7300118.JPG

My camera's kind of cruddy, but you should be able to see that his arms and legs have a reddish tint to them. To me, it seems as if someone botched a customization job, at which point they sold him to the vendor I got him from to try and make some of their money back. Could that have possibly been the case here?

Thanks.

He's also got a loose hip joint, but I'm thinking that's something a little bit of clear coat will take care of.

#6545 Blacknife

Blacknife

Never heard of it; never will

• Citizen
  • 5755 posts

Posted 24 October 2015 - 08:25 PM

Gi Joe needs a Netflix series done like MCU. Also, I find myself getting Joes again oddly because of the Lanards releases

Edited by Blacknife, 24 October 2015 - 08:28 PM.

#6546 Fortress Ironhold

Fortress Ironhold

Blasphemer

• Banned
  • 20567 posts

Posted 24 October 2015 - 09:26 PM

Been thinking.

If you could propose one new PSA, what would you have happen?

#6547 Detour

Detour

STR10 DEX7 CON12 INT10 WIS8 CHA1

• Supporter
  • 20598 posts
  • Faction::Maximal

Posted 25 October 2015 - 12:41 AM

Gi Joe needs a Netflix series done like MCU. Also, I find myself getting Joes again oddly because of the Lanards releases

Best they'll probably get is a Crackle original series.

You're far too young to be this bitter and angry at the world....

I'm reading that with Roy's voice. Heck, I read everything you post in a laconic Irish accent.

#6548 Cat

Cat
  • Retired Staff
  • 11612 posts
  • Faction::Autobot

Posted 25 October 2015 - 09:14 AM

Been thinking.If you could propose one new PSA, what would you have happen?

While current Prostate Specific Antigen tests are a tad controversial, I don't think any of us are quite prepared to fully unveil our new testing protocols.

But, playing along, I imagine what'd happen would be a finger up the arse. Maybe two if you ask your doctor nicely.

Edited by Cat, 25 October 2015 - 09:15 AM.

#6549 Dake

Dake

Resident resident

• Supporter
  • 19013 posts

Posted 25 October 2015 - 10:56 AM

Best they'll probably get is a Crackle original series.

That wouldn't be a bad thing at all - as long as the word got out. Comedians in Cars is fantastic!

8ZSy6aw.jpg

#6550 StarSaber

StarSaber
  • Validating
  • 2882 posts

Posted 25 October 2015 - 06:10 PM

Been thinking.

Something about the dangers of social media with Mainframe or Dial-Tone.

-SS (although that would also make a good Jem PSA.)

#6551 ZacWilliam1

ZacWilliam1
  • Citizen
  • 17135 posts
  • Faction::RIRFIB

Posted 25 October 2015 - 06:33 PM

Been thinking.

Something about the dangers of social media with Mainframe or Dial-Tone.

-SS (although that would also make a good Jem PSA.)

"Making your Come Back Movie based on social media instead of wacky Sci-Fi Glam-Pop adventure is never a good idea!"
"Thanks JEM, now Hasbro knows."

-ZacWilliam, "and that makes them a superstar!"

Edited by ZacWilliam1, 25 October 2015 - 06:35 PM.

Ever wonder about the speed of Turbofoxes?
Or the proverbial ailerons of Titanium Moosebots?

*Visit the one and only Cybertronic Bestiary.
For a mechazoologic tour of the mechanimals of Cybertron.

#6552 Fortress Ironhold

Fortress Ironhold

Blasphemer

• Banned
  • 20567 posts

Posted 30 October 2015 - 05:22 AM

Got to wondering -

Could Sonic Fighter-style light & sound backpacks / "transforming accessories" be a viable item in today's market? I can imagine the figure / backpack combo being treated like the Target packs, but then again the 1991 Super Sonic Fighters assortment had gear that could "transform" into things like battle stations or drone vehicles.

#6553 Powered Convoy

Powered Convoy

Skywarp Connoisseur

• Retired Staff
  • 65371 posts
  • Faction::RIRFIB

Posted 30 October 2015 - 06:55 AM

No.  None of those gimmicks from the line years ago would work today.  Nothing about G.I. Joe appeals to kids these days.  There is nothing fun about the current line and those things that were gimmicky in the 1980's barely worked then they're definitely not going to work today.  Kids just aren't interested in the same things and G.I. Joe isn't fun like it was back then.

Randy

ACItEK8.png

#6554 Autobot Bubbs

Autobot Bubbs

Professional procrastinator

• Citizen
  • 5405 posts

Posted 30 October 2015 - 07:47 AM

Besides, Parents NEVER buy the kids the obnoxious electronic toys.  It's always the Aunts/Uncles, Friends, or Grandparents.  Y'know... the people who can get the kids wound up and send them home to go crazy.

spoilers are a stabbing weight upon my soul.... crushing it into a dark existential nothingness

#6555 Luke

Luke
  • Retired Staff
  • 15021 posts
  • Faction::Cannonball's Pirate Crew

Posted 30 October 2015 - 09:25 AM

I'm all for "gear that does other stuff". As a kid I loved the SSF figures more for that additional gimmick than the sounds. We do still get that on occasion, but not as a whole subset.

Frankly though, I'm okay with that, as I'd rather see GI Joe establish a main line before worrying about subline gimmicks. Also, the new Star Wars figures kinda-sorta are pulling that gimmick, and most of the time it's pretty awful. Wow, the accessory that doesn't look like much of anything combines with these other two indeterminate accessories to be... something. Collect 'em all, kids!

#6556 Autobot Bubbs

Autobot Bubbs

Professional procrastinator

• Citizen
  • 5405 posts

Posted 01 November 2015 - 08:12 AM

I'm all for "gear that does other stuff". As a kid I loved the SSF figures more for that additional gimmick than the sounds. We do still get that on occasion, but not as a whole subset.

Frankly though, I'm okay with that, as I'd rather see GI Joe establish a main line before worrying about subline gimmicks. Also, the new Star Wars figures kinda-sorta are pulling that gimmick, and most of the time it's pretty awful. Wow, the accessory that doesn't look like much of anything combines with these other two indeterminate accessories to be... something. Collect 'em all, kids!

"Build a Droid" was cooler.

spoilers are a stabbing weight upon my soul.... crushing it into a dark existential nothingness

#6557 Dr Syn

Dr Syn

C-Cobra Commander Senpai...

• Citizen
  • 2796 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 02 November 2015 - 05:32 PM

Two pics showing some Marauderization of my Cobra and Joe Troopers. 

All the heads and head gear while some have Raginspoon cast Retaliation Web gear and a spare Shocktrooper vest, the rest have the Black vest outfitted identically. 

COBRA_TROOPERS_zpsjcoaz0ne.jpg

Just the 2 vests and body armor, all with various pouches (or just a knife sheath on the lower back for the body armor).

JOE_TROOPERS_zps4rsqccvg.jpg

Photobucket blows chunks

#6558 NightViper

NightViper

Ehhhhh...

• Retired Staff
  • 42296 posts
  • Faction::RIBFIR

Posted 02 November 2015 - 06:11 PM

So... This:

http://pulse.hasbro....fan_vote_survey

It's pretty cool to see this for the Joe brand, quite honestly. Having not delved into the Kindle Worlds stories, I don't really have a connection to any of these characters...But there's one that I'd put heavy favorites on winning.

#6559 Dake

Dake

Resident resident

• Supporter
  • 19013 posts

Posted 02 November 2015 - 08:47 PM

"We are giving fans the chance to vote... by selecting from four characters we (based upon the pictures) clearly already have all the parts for."

I'm being cynical - it is kind of neat.

8ZSy6aw.jpg

#6560 Dr Syn

Dr Syn

C-Cobra Commander Senpai...

• Citizen
  • 2796 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 03 November 2015 - 03:38 AM

"We are giving fans the chance to vote... by selecting from four characters we (based upon the pictures) clearly already have all the parts for."

I'm being cynical - it is kind of neat.

Ideally I'd like all 4 to be made.

Photobucket blows chunks

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users