Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  unluckiness : (16 June 2019 - 01:20 AM)

And for hug's sake, I hope that the new Fire Emblem's PC isn't one of the DLC

@  Sean Whitmore : (15 June 2019 - 04:11 PM)

Smash Bros could never touch a new franchise again, and I'd still have laundry lists of side characters and villains I'd love to see included.

@  unluckiness : (15 June 2019 - 09:36 AM)

DINNER

@  SG Roadbuster : (15 June 2019 - 09:36 AM)

cuz i wanna fight a boat

@  SG Roadbuster : (15 June 2019 - 09:35 AM)

if we must have another zelda character, id want the king of red lion

@  MEDdMI : (14 June 2019 - 10:38 PM)

I would unironically love Tingle in Smash.

@  Paladin : (14 June 2019 - 02:06 PM)

they HAVE to put Travis Touchdown in at some point now, right???

@  TheMightyMol... : (14 June 2019 - 01:24 PM)

Right after Shaq.

@  Locoman : (14 June 2019 - 12:36 PM)

When will we get Bluster Kong in Smash?

@  unluckiness : (14 June 2019 - 08:20 AM)

The last three DLC characters are Tingle, Charles Barkley and L Tetris block with Reverse L Tetris block as an Echo fighter.

@  MEDdMI : (14 June 2019 - 08:09 AM)

Pipe dream Smash entry: The Prince from the Katamari series. :D

@  MEDdMI : (14 June 2019 - 06:35 AM)

The space/time around them gets frozen too! ....or something.

@  unluckiness : (14 June 2019 - 06:01 AM)

I still want to find out how freezing people suspends them in midair

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (14 June 2019 - 02:45 AM)

We really need Subzero or Scorpion in Smash. Violence aside, they are pretty big gaming icons as well.

@  Steevy Maximus : (13 June 2019 - 08:18 PM)

Given Nintendo's relationship with Tecmo, I'm still waiting for Ryu Hyabusa

@  TheMightyMol... : (13 June 2019 - 07:19 PM)

I'm still waiting for Doomguy.

@  Steevy Maximus : (13 June 2019 - 06:47 PM)

I just started watching High School DxD (don't judge me...) and I caught on the Nintendo Treehouse some request Rias for Smash lol

@  ▲ndrusi : (13 June 2019 - 11:25 AM)

I have having to watch a video to find out why someone wanted me to watch the video

@  Nevermore : (11 June 2019 - 04:58 PM)

I remember when the TPB for The Dark Age 2 was delayed for an entire year...

@  Trpodeca : (11 June 2019 - 03:55 AM)

I just wish they'd release the Astro City paperback trades.

@  Nevermore : (10 June 2019 - 05:31 AM)

As an open-minded heterosexual, I wouldn't mind seeing more of that.

@  Nevermore : (10 June 2019 - 05:29 AM)

Currently in the process of re-reading Kurt Busiek's Astro City. Big props for the issue featuring the "Dancing Master" and its portrayal of non-stereotypical gay characters.

@  TM2-Megatron : (10 June 2019 - 05:25 AM)

Don't phone charges often contain special rapid charge circuitry, though? The voltage might be higher too, given the selfie stick probably has a very basic battery.

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (09 June 2019 - 11:28 PM)

Glad to be of assistance!

@  Telly : (09 June 2019 - 10:32 PM)

*checks selfie stick and phone charger* huh. perfect fit. thanks!

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (09 June 2019 - 09:58 PM)

I would use the USB-to-AC adapter that came with my iPhone, though I gather you must have a different brand of cell phone.

@  TM2-Megatron : (09 June 2019 - 05:42 PM)

In that case a generic adapter is probably your best bet, then. Keep in mind a lot of hotels now have plain USB outlets in rooms too, though; but I guess that's not guaranteed

@  Telly : (09 June 2019 - 05:31 PM)

yeah, i just need something small to plug into the wall. im not sure im taking my laptop on my trip later this year and i want a way to charge my stuff

@  TM2-Megatron : (09 June 2019 - 05:04 PM)

They also have wall outlets with built-in USB in addition to the two regular plugs; I installed those around my place so I have USB ports everywhere

@  TM2-Megatron : (09 June 2019 - 05:02 PM)

You might be able to get a generic adapter to use with it at Radio Shack if you know the appropriate voltages or whatever

@  TM2-Megatron : (09 June 2019 - 05:01 PM)

It came with a USB cable with no AC adapter? A lot of lower priced electronics do that, presumably assuming that USB is pretty ubiquitous

@  TM2-Megatron : (09 June 2019 - 05:00 PM)

Yeah, must be, I guess.

@  Telly : (09 June 2019 - 04:59 PM)

maybe having bluetooth has something to do with it?

@  Telly : (09 June 2019 - 04:58 PM)

the one i got has an on/off button, and came with a usb to attach to my laptop to charge it. its this one https://www.walmart....ility/432985497

@  TM2-Megatron : (09 June 2019 - 04:51 PM)

Selfie sticks have power? I thought they were to just hold the phone away from you

@  Telly : (09 June 2019 - 04:44 PM)

need some technical help.how do i charge my selfie stick without using my laptop? is there some kind of portable charger? i know it sounds like a dumb question, but i dont know very much about this stuff

@  MEDdMI : (08 June 2019 - 06:58 PM)

Different songs or overdosing don't work for me. My brain can play multiple songs at once. Best to do something else to distract me.

@  Xellos : (08 June 2019 - 05:36 PM)

Still, the worst is having the last song I hear before going into work being stuck in my head all day.

@  TheMightyMol... : (08 June 2019 - 05:00 PM)

Get a different song stuck in your head too. Let them battle for supremacy. Only the strong survive.

@  Nevermore : (08 June 2019 - 03:53 PM)

Keep listening to it over and over until you got the lyrics memorized. By that point, it will start to fade out of your system.

@  Nevermore : (08 June 2019 - 02:48 PM)

I've discovered the easiest cure for having a song stuck in your head is overdosing to the point of fatigue.

@  Steevy Maximus : (08 June 2019 - 12:27 PM)

Jedi Fallen Order sure does look a LOT like a Souls style game with Star Wars flavoring

@  Kalidor : (07 June 2019 - 06:18 PM)

I have a hard time believing that you speaking at length and with great detail is something you wouldn't be good at. Glad you had fun.

@  Nevermore : (07 June 2019 - 02:51 PM)

Funny thing is I wasn't nervous at all. Might have helped that I was able to speak freely due to having assembled my speech from a lot of smaller segments I had previously told to my colleagues on the shopfloor, with a few punchlines added.

@  Nevermore : (07 June 2019 - 02:49 PM)

Allegedly I did well. Lots of applause, and was told I was leagues beyond the guy who spoke before me (though that wasn't difficult, that guy was dry as a river on Mars).

@  Nevermore : (07 June 2019 - 02:48 PM)

So I volunteered to hold a small speech at our strike assembly today (lots of Amazon employees, plus some people from IKEA, Smyths toys and some other local retailers).

@  Maximus Ambus : (07 June 2019 - 01:17 PM)

Today Dolly the Sheep and Super Salmon, tomorrow Neo Sapiens. We're through the looking glass people.

@  Kalidor : (07 June 2019 - 12:55 PM)

Happy birthday @Pinkcolliebot

@  Pinkcolliebot : (07 June 2019 - 12:03 PM)

Today's My Birthday!!!

@  TheMightyMol... : (07 June 2019 - 03:16 AM)

Think how many copies of Optimus Prime's brain could fit on that.

Photo
- - - - -

The GIJOE Thread;

9668 replies to this topic

#6081 Betty Nor

Betty Nor
  • Citizen
  • 7695 posts

Posted 24 June 2015 - 01:18 AM

Yeah, that was an awesome Destro.  I think I only have it because I was buying solid waves from BBTS back then.

#6082 Spark

Spark
  • Citizen
  • 38593 posts

Posted 24 June 2015 - 10:04 AM

That'd be about the only way to see it, considering, well, Arctic Destro crowded out the two or so waves afterward.

...Hate that thing.

Fall of Cybertron will blow your mind. That is all.

#6083 Betty Nor

Betty Nor
  • Citizen
  • 7695 posts

Posted 24 June 2015 - 09:20 PM

So Marauder Task Force figures are beginning to arrive.  I'm not nearly as excited about them 15 months later as I was during the KS campaign.

That being said, I think once I have them in-hand, they might rekindle my interest in Joes.

Plus, I have some of those Big Lots! licensed military vics just waiting to be used.  They might make for some really neat display pieces.

#6084 Dake

Dake

Resident resident

• Supporter
  • 18795 posts

Posted 25 June 2015 - 09:01 AM

I look forward to pics.

8ZSy6aw.jpg

#6085 Fortress Ironhold

Fortress Ironhold

Blasphemer

• Banned
  • 20567 posts

Posted 25 June 2015 - 11:06 AM

I've not seen anything either way to officially confirm or deny that Recondo was picked to replace Wild Bill as the Tiger Fly pilot because of how similarly they looked. 

As such, this is how I'm tentatively looking to word my piece:

But why Recondo as the helicopter pilot?

Depending upon how you look at things, Palitoy seemingly answered that question when they claimed that Recondo was Wild Bill on the packaging http://www.yojoe.com...ldbill_uk.shtml -  the two characters simply resembled each other.

Sound about right?

Thanks. 

edit - 

Don't know why the link isn't working, but here it is again: http://www.yojoe.com...ldbill_uk.shtml

Edited by Fortress Ironhold, 25 June 2015 - 11:09 AM.

#6086 Kalidor

Kalidor

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Owner
  • 59890 posts
  • Faction::Cannonball's Pirate Crew

Posted 25 June 2015 - 01:00 PM

SDCC Kre-Os

#6087 electricidad

electricidad
  • Citizen
  • 478 posts
  • Faction::Maximal

Posted 25 June 2015 - 01:12 PM

FROM THE PRESS RELEASE ON HISS TANK:

Toys”R”Us® Unveils Its Lineup Of Exclusive 2015 Comic Convention Toys

WAYNE, N.J., June 25, 2015 /PRNewswire/ — Building on its tradition of offering an unbeatable assortment of toys for collectors of all ages, Toys”R”Us today revealed its lineup of exclusive figures and playthings that will be available at the highly anticipated Comic Convention in San Diego next month. Conventioneers and online shoppers will find must-have merchandise based on several fan-favorite entertainment brands, including BATMAN™, MY LITTLE PONY, POWER RANGERS™, Star Wars™, TRANSFORMERS and more at the Entertainment Earth booth (#2343) and online at Toysrus.com/ComicConvention from Thursday, July 9 through Sunday, July 12.*

INCLUDING ONLINE. Which means that the morning of Thursday, July 9, you should be able to snap whatever exclusive you're looking for off of Toysrus.com.

#6088 NICK NEMESIS

NICK NEMESIS

Www.scatterville.com

• Supporter
  • 16848 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 25 June 2015 - 02:48 PM

This sounds too good to be true.
Http://www.scatterville.com

#6089 Betty Nor

Betty Nor
  • Citizen
  • 7695 posts

Posted 25 June 2015 - 09:12 PM

Well, my Marauder Task Force figures arrived today.  It's a bit overwhelming with all the different bits and pieces for the various figures that I ordered so I'll get some pictures up once I've had a chance to mess around with them.

Sadly, my order was missing the Enriqueta stretch goal (tan armour pieces et al), and my black armour vest was defective (which sucks because that was the one that I wanted the most).  I e-mailed MTF so hopefully they'll be able to make it right.  UPDATE:  They are sending me my missing pieces and replacing my defective one!

A few initial impressions:

1.  When they recommend gluing pieces in once you find the configuration you want, I totally get it.  They all fit, but the fit is not nearly snug enough to survive regular handling.  I don't think I'll glue any pieces in, though.  It kind of the defeats the purpose of being able to play around with the configurations - something akin to gluing a LEGO set together.

2.  There's a small little plug for the hole on the front of some of the helmets (likely because MTF will be releasing rhino mounts for NVGs or other similar add-ons).  That piece likes to pop out a lot, too.  It's veeeeeery small so be careful.

3.  The red suited guys are great for Crimson Guard additions.  

4.  Black, Red, and Blue are easily my favourites.

5.  The tons o' guns that got added to my order as a bonus are really nice additions.  I can't imagine having all of these guys standing around without any weapons.

6.  L and R holsters for pistols was a great call.  Awesome.

7.  The shoulder bits of the armour vest do not peg into the arms very well.  It's kind of frustrating since the armoured look is easily my favourite.  I don't want to glue those in, either.

EDIT:

8.  The figure stands are probably my favourite part.  They're clear, interlocking with other stands, and if it weren't for the ARAH sized peg that juts from the stand as well, they'd be perfect.

Edited by Betty Nor, 25 June 2015 - 11:16 PM.

#6090 Betty Nor

Betty Nor
  • Citizen
  • 7695 posts

Posted 25 June 2015 - 10:29 PM

Here's a quick few that I cobbled together:

IMG_5885.jpg

1.  Black Ops Commander

2.  Crimson Fodder

3.  Blue Mercenary

4.  Wannabe Imperial

I'm really not liking that they went with green highlights on the bodies of the Arctic soldiers but used blue highlights on the arctic gear.  Should have been either/or instead of mismatching them.

The blue troopers make some pretty neat SWAT commandos when use the other heads.  I need to get out my Movie RHINO and start putting together the team.

Wannabe Imperial was just a fun experiment I tried.  Apparently, you can boil/pop and switch out body parts.  If the Arctic soldiers hadn't used that stoopid green camou, there could have been some serious Stormtrooper-esque customisation going on.

The Grey troopers look like they're begging to join the Alley Viper team (non-Orange/Blue team, anyway), and the Green soldiers ended up more woodland and jungle.  Not sure if I like that, to be honest.

Like I said, with all the options, it's still pretty overwhelming.  Also, being that I've kind of gotten away from collecting Joes, I'm not nearly so enthused about tinkering around with them.  However, I fully expect that guys like Detour here that thrive on continually trying to customise their collections would thoroughly enjoy buying a dozen or so and having at it.  So recommended for those of you who are still enthusiastic about the hobby.

Edited by Betty Nor, 25 June 2015 - 10:52 PM.

#6091 Betty Nor

Betty Nor
  • Citizen
  • 7695 posts

Posted 26 June 2015 - 01:39 AM

One more before going to bed:

IMG_5890.jpg

Night Ops Team

I would have added the fourth member, but I'm actually digging Wannabe Imperial a lot more than I thought I would.

#6092 ZacWilliam1

ZacWilliam1
  • Citizen
  • 16960 posts
  • Faction::RIRFIB

Posted 26 June 2015 - 07:36 PM

I appreciate the design quality, sculpting, variety and customization facets of the Marauders. But I dislike the theme: Mostly realistic modern army. I always preferred the more unique, weird, or Sci Fi Joes and the Cobra guys that were more like weird supervillians than soldiers. Basically these all seem much too "Millitary" and much too little "80s Cartoon" for me. Which makes me sad because I WANT to like them a lot. Hey just need a 60% increase in weirdness, pulp and goofy fun.

ZacWilliam, on the upside there's HACKS... They're just taking soooooo long....
Ever wonder about the speed of Turbofoxes?
Or the proverbial ailerons of Titanium Moosebots?

*Visit the one and only Cybertronic Bestiary.
For a mechazoologic tour of the mechanimals of Cybertron.

#6093 Ya Kid K MK VII

Ya Kid K MK VII

Mic check onetwo onetwo

• Supporter
  • 4133 posts

Posted 26 June 2015 - 08:52 PM

Not to rain on the parade or be cynical, but I'm not seeing "full" articulation on the guys. Looks like the same JvC-style stuff they've had for the last 10 years or so. Three of the four packs have a pre-posed guy with even less articulation than that... probably less than 5 POA. I can't tell how much articulation the females have, but I doubt it's actually at the level a lot of Joe fans want these days.

That said, good on them for actually offering product. I'll be keeping an eye out for it. :)

Yeah, I run a vintage Corps! website and I was super excited when I saw that comment about full articulation. So sad these are still t-crotch guys. Ugh. 

(corps.og13.com if anyone like o-ring Corps stuff)

#6094 Dake

Dake

Resident resident

• Supporter
  • 18795 posts

Posted 27 June 2015 - 04:12 PM

Had a good comic book store find today: an 85% complete Cobra Condor for only 25 bucks! It's missing a few missiles and bombs, the tail gun and the pilot. But it's clean and solid with decent stickers. This is one of those weird things I didn't pay attention to when it came out but since come to find it interesting. Of course Ebay prices tend to be pretty high so I never really worried about pursuing it.

The only down side to getting such a great deal is it'd cost my twice the purchase price to complete it. It's a good thing I don't care about that as much. :)

Now to dig through the parts bin and cobble together a new Aero-Viper.

8ZSy6aw.jpg

#6095 Ya Kid K MK VII

Ya Kid K MK VII

Mic check onetwo onetwo

• Supporter
  • 4133 posts

Posted 28 June 2015 - 08:17 PM

Love my Condor. I got a great deal and snagged a near-complete one for that same price about 7 years ago. Had to track down the tail gun, but it wasn't terribly hard. It's a liiiiittle dirty around the stickers, but I can't complain. At least it's white.

Uh, point being, you should complete it. It's a really cool plane. 

#6096 Detour

Detour

STR10 DEX7 CON12 INT10 WIS8 CHA1

• Supporter
  • 20566 posts
  • Faction::Maximal

Posted 28 June 2015 - 11:04 PM

Condor looks great but depressingly, I can't spare room for large vehicles like that. :(

Making due for my modern-era Aero-Viper with that Jedi Starfighter that splits in two. Wish I could find some sort of cockpit/bubble/thing to cover the droidhole because it can sit a proper figure.

You're far too young to be this bitter and angry at the world....

I'm reading that with Roy's voice. Heck, I read everything you post in a laconic Irish accent.

#6097 Dake

Dake

Resident resident

• Supporter
  • 18795 posts

Posted 29 June 2015 - 10:02 AM

Could one of the droid-shaped plugs from the earlier starfighter releases work? You could paint it to look less R2-unit-like and more like a cockpit bubble (though finding one might be tricky - and I guess it still might not be enough room to cram another figure in there).

8ZSy6aw.jpg

#6098 Spark

Spark
  • Citizen
  • 38593 posts

Posted 29 June 2015 - 10:31 AM

Condor looks great but depressingly, I can't spare room for large vehicles like that. :(

I could probably spare the room, but I've never been able to justify big Joe vehicles.  Although I get damn close to buying the Phantom X-19 every time I see it.

YoJoe posted about a new ARAH book that looks pretty tempting (http://www.334inchjoe.com/) and needs 350 preorders to publish (at 315 right now).  I'd buy in right now since concept art is always awesome except it's 85 damn dollars and, wow, is it not the season to be competing for my cash between Botcon and SDCC.

Edited by Spark, 29 June 2015 - 10:35 AM.

Fall of Cybertron will blow your mind. That is all.

#6099 Dake

Dake

Resident resident

• Supporter
  • 18795 posts

Posted 29 June 2015 - 11:58 AM

Hmm, neat idea but I don't know if it's 85 dollars neat. Also, there's not a lot of information on their site. I'm assuming it's hardcover (it better be for that price), which is not something I'm personally interested in - a good paperback version like Bellamo's books is fine. How many pages does it have? What is included in the "much, much more"?

8ZSy6aw.jpg

#6100 MightyMegs

MightyMegs
  • Citizen
  • 4234 posts
  • Faction::Decepticon

Posted 29 June 2015 - 12:14 PM

Yeah, for that kind of $ I need more information

Reply to this topic

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users