Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  PlutoniumBoss : (25 June 2019 - 10:12 PM)

It's like drawing someone in the "superhero landing" pose. It's just part of the cultural vocabulary at this point.

@  Arazyr : (25 June 2019 - 07:14 PM)

I can hear that post... *shudder*

@  B-Fox : (25 June 2019 - 06:09 PM)

So why does Cyberverse sound like . . . *that*?

@  Nevermore : (25 June 2019 - 04:05 PM)

Also, the theoretical new image would be a new compostion, it would just be individual bodies, or even just body parts, that are based on existing references by other creators, with the major caveat that there is more than one example for each reference so it's basically more like "following an established trend" than "copying someone's original creation".

@  Nevermore : (25 June 2019 - 04:03 PM)

Well, an homage is usually marked by a signature along the lines of "artist X after artist Y". I wasn't thinking about recreating something particularly memorable, just looking for reference images (just of a pose/perspective/layout) that looks like what I want, then finding more examples that just happen to look very similar, and it cannot be determined which version came "first".

@  ZakuConvoy : (25 June 2019 - 03:09 PM)

What you're describing is more an "homage" than plagiarism, really. I'm assuming you would be using different characters. It's basically like all the comic covers that homage the death of Supergirl cover from Crisis on Infinite Earths...but with different characters. It's not plagiarism, it's a reference. But if several artists have a memorable layout and are all using it, chances are it actually is referencing something memorably original.

@  Nevermore : (25 June 2019 - 01:56 PM)

Would that still qualify as plagiarism? After all, it could be argued that what I've recreated isn't that original to begin with since several other people have supposedly had the same general idependently from each other.

@  Nevermore : (25 June 2019 - 01:54 PM)

And I were then to create a new image, not traced but maybe "swiped", except I wouldn't copy a specific source image, but merely recreate the basic pose and perspective shared between all of them...

@  Nevermore : (25 June 2019 - 01:52 PM)

*deleted*

@  Nevermore : (25 June 2019 - 01:49 PM)

And out of sheer coincidence, they all feature very similar ideas, concepts, poses and/or perspectives, supposedly with none of the original creators having copied from one of the others...

@  Nevermore : (25 June 2019 - 01:47 PM)

Assuming I were to find not one but two, three, four or even more source images, all of them by different artists, or by different photographers depicting different models...

@  Nevermore : (25 June 2019 - 01:45 PM)

Just out of curiosity, a question regarding the concept of plagiarism:

@  Benbot : (25 June 2019 - 08:58 AM)

That game needs a remake

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (25 June 2019 - 08:57 AM)

I am Error.

@  TheMightyMol... : (25 June 2019 - 08:17 AM)

There is no error. There is only Zuul.

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (25 June 2019 - 07:51 AM)

The unicron singularity fixes all continuity errors.. including Power Rangers related ones now!

@  MEDdMI : (25 June 2019 - 07:06 AM)

I reject your canon and substitute my own

@  unluckiness : (25 June 2019 - 12:32 AM)

Answer: It doesn't matter because even if there was one, it was never relevant in S1 and it got blown up with his original body

@  PlutoniumBoss : (24 June 2019 - 10:55 PM)

Most people think Transformers canon is a series of discrete parallel lines, really it's more like a big ball of canony-wanony... stuff.

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (24 June 2019 - 06:31 PM)

Hate to say this, but the simple answer is that you are thinking too hard and realistically, it does not matter.

@  TheMightyMol... : (24 June 2019 - 04:57 PM)

Don't tell me what to do.

@  Paladin : (24 June 2019 - 04:16 PM)

don't cross the streams.

@  tffan01 : (24 June 2019 - 03:03 PM)

Or is this what AVP meant when he said that condradictory streams formed the JG1 timeline?

@  tffan01 : (24 June 2019 - 02:25 PM)

I don't like that idea.

@  tffan01 : (24 June 2019 - 02:24 PM)

In Ask Vector Prime, it was mentioned that in the Beast Wars 2 universe, Convoys all have Energon Matrices and that when Optimus Primal from the Japanese Beast Wars stream was transported to the Beast Wars 2 stream, his history was subtly altered that he too possessed an Energon Matrix. What does this mean? That Beast Wars 2 is actually not canon to the Japanese Beast Wars?

@  MEDdMI : (24 June 2019 - 08:54 AM)

yeah, I've got a few others that I need to check out/get removed. The nose one is small but annoying since I hit it every time I blow my nose.

@  unluckiness : (24 June 2019 - 08:46 AM)

Try to get a histopath examination if it isn't too expensive over there. It's probably just a mole but I'd think certainty would be better.

@  MEDdMI : (24 June 2019 - 07:59 AM)

@unluckiness I know, plan to get it removed but gotta get an appt first

@  Gizmoboy : (24 June 2019 - 07:50 AM)

oops... typed that in the wrong field. :)

@  Gizmoboy : (24 June 2019 - 07:50 AM)

gizmoboy

@  unluckiness : (24 June 2019 - 03:18 AM)

That is not a good thing, especially in the long term

@  MEDdMI : (23 June 2019 - 10:17 PM)

So who wants to hear about this mole on my nose that I keep scratching open

@  NotVeryKnightly : (23 June 2019 - 09:24 PM)

Yeah, it's kind of defeating the purpose of making political discussions more restricted if you're just gonna go at it elsewhere on this site.

@  Telly : (23 June 2019 - 07:06 PM)

that would probly fit better in the p & r thread. its there for things just like this

@  Nevermore : (23 June 2019 - 03:29 PM)

The citizens resisted by buying up all the town's beer reserves so the Nazis would have to stay sober the entire time.

@  Nevermore : (23 June 2019 - 03:28 PM)

Meanwhile, congratulations civil resistance, part 2: So a group of Nazis were holding one of their Good Old Times Reenactment festivals in a small East German town.

@  Nevermore : (23 June 2019 - 03:26 PM)

It's basically like an anti-Trump candidate winning Texas.

@  Nevermore : (23 June 2019 - 03:25 PM)

The mayoral elections of Istanbul are considered to be a key indicator for the political climate in the entire country.

@  Nevermore : (23 June 2019 - 03:24 PM)

This time, it was a landslide victory for the opposition's candidate.

@  Nevermore : (23 June 2019 - 03:23 PM)

After president Erdogan had a court revoke the results of the mayoral election of Istanbul after the opposition party's candidate had won by a small margin, the election was repeated today.

@  Nevermore : (23 June 2019 - 03:21 PM)

Congratulations, democracy part 1: Today is a historic day for Turkey.

@  PlutoniumBoss : (23 June 2019 - 02:31 PM)

Convert, does he timeout?

@  unluckiness : (23 June 2019 - 09:12 AM)

Did he form the feet and legs or the arms and body?

@  Patch : (22 June 2019 - 06:11 PM)

Nah, he was one of the Lions

@  MEDdMI : (22 June 2019 - 04:45 PM)

Is he a Shellformer

@  Nevermore : (22 June 2019 - 12:38 PM)

Supposedly it's about that football player Calvin Johnson.

@  Pennpenn : (22 June 2019 - 07:03 AM)

I'm vaguely confused why there is a Nicki Minaj song in my youtube reccomendations, but even more confused as to why that song (which appears to be from an official account) is called "MEGATRON".

@  Liege : (21 June 2019 - 10:03 PM)

Alpha Q all night long.

@  PlutoniumBoss : (21 June 2019 - 10:44 AM)

Only if you ask nicely, Silv.

@  RichardT1977 : (21 June 2019 - 09:42 AM)

1998 Zilla is the Gaijin era.

Photo
- - - - -

The GIJOE Thread;

9674 replies to this topic

#5621 Dusty

Dusty
  • Citizen
  • 5850 posts

Posted 05 February 2015 - 09:08 PM

Actually, from everything I've seen, the movie didn't change at all. They didn't "retool and reshoot" anything, just converted to 3D and keep it out of the backwash of Avengers. With that, the delay was only nine months, and paramount likely didn't spend extra on marketing when they really didn't have much going before the first release date

At minimum, they shot more scenes with Channing Tatum and Dwayne Johnson, because they realized they were killing off a newly minted Hollywood star in Tatum and wanted to milk him for all he was worth on the way out the door.

I think the new scene was the one of Duke and Roadblock gaming at home, because test audiences apparently liked the chemistry between Tatum and Johnson.

I mean if Tatum's star was that precious they would've rewritten him to be in a coma instead.

Duke not being dead would have been a stretch, even for that stupid ass movie. "Let's avenge Duke" is one of the major plot points. Plus I imagine Channing Tatum was more than happy to move on.

#5622 Dake

Dake

Resident resident

• Supporter
  • 18797 posts

Posted 05 February 2015 - 09:43 PM

Actually, from everything I've seen, the movie didn't change at all. They didn't "retool and reshoot" anything, just converted to 3D and keep it out of the backwash of Avengers. With that, the delay was only nine months, and paramount likely didn't spend extra on marketing when they really didn't have much going before the first release date

At minimum, they shot more scenes with Channing Tatum and Dwayne Johnson, because they realized they were killing off a newly minted Hollywood star in Tatum and wanted to milk him for all he was worth on the way out the door.

I think the new scene was the one of Duke and Roadblock gaming at home, because test audiences apparently liked the chemistry between Tatum and Johnson.

I mean if Tatum's star was that precious they would've rewritten him to be in a coma instead.

Duke not being dead would have been a stretch, even for that stupid ass movie. "Let's avenge Duke" is one of the major plot points. Plus I imagine Channing Tatum was more than happy to move on.

I could've sworn when all was said and done Tatum said he didn't come back for any extra shooting.

As for marketing - there was a ton of it before the date got pushed back including iirc a Superbowl spot.

8ZSy6aw.jpg

#5623 Detour

Detour

STR10 DEX7 CON12 INT10 WIS8 CHA1

• Supporter
  • 20573 posts
  • Faction::Maximal

Posted 05 February 2015 - 11:02 PM

I still think he should be resurrected. Logic be damned.

Roadblock: "Duke, how are you alive?"

Duke: "Nanomites!"

Roadblock: "Do...do you think that you just explained--?"

Duke: "Yo Joe!"

Why the hell not?
I welcome more unexplained zaniness in my GI Joe.

You're far too young to be this bitter and angry at the world....

I'm reading that with Roy's voice. Heck, I read everything you post in a laconic Irish accent.

#5624 Luke

Luke
  • Retired Staff
  • 15021 posts
  • Faction::Cannonball's Pirate Crew

Posted 06 February 2015 - 09:07 AM

Also, the Con theme this week... Man, talk about missing the boat. You're having your con in a town called Springfield and instead of playing up that fact with the theme... it's Tiger Force vs Iron Grenadiers.

Cobra's not even involved! And it's Springfield!

When does each element get decided though? Are the toys first or the location? I'd wager it's the toys, which when the location came up left them unable to really take advantage of it. Even in a story sense, there's not really a decent body of water for the Undertows to splash around in if you had them invade the "real" Springfield.

#5625 Detour

Detour

• Supporter
  • 20573 posts

Posted 06 February 2015 - 10:50 AM

I dunno, considering how in-advance some of these venues need to be booked....

But really it'd have been a golden opportunity. What self-respecting overbudgeted Joe fan wouldn't go bonkers for an "Undercover Freds" 3-pack made from Professor X'es with 25th Anniversary Fred heads? Toss in three different briefcases for each Fred (one with the cash, one with the computer and submachine gun and one with the disassembled rifle) and splammo, really.

I'm reading that with Roy's voice. Heck, I read everything you post in a laconic Irish accent.

#5626 Sean Whitmore

Sean Whitmore
  • Citizen
  • 7930 posts

Posted 06 February 2015 - 11:27 AM

I'm excited for half this set, because I really like the idea of the Iron Grenadiers being an army to match Cobra, and a couple more name baddies and some element-specific soldiers help sell that idea.

Though I can already envision a DiC-accurate Metal-Head in the next FSS, so here's hoping I can sell whichever one I like less for what it costs.

The Joe half is less exciting, though I guess I'll finally get a version of that Dialtone. And I can take some solace from the likelihood that one of the too-expensive-for-me-to-ever-get at-show exclusives will be Tiger Force Jinx, who I could care less about.

PSN: SeanWhitmore

Switch: SW-7452-6932-0513

3DS: 0490-6399-8582

I did a new video thing:
https://www.allspark.com/forums/topic/159447-whos-the-right-arm/

#5627 Luke

Luke
  • Retired Staff
  • 15021 posts

Posted 06 February 2015 - 12:24 PM

But really it'd have been a golden opportunity. What self-respecting overbudgeted Joe fan wouldn't go bonkers for an "Undercover Freds" 3-pack made from Professor X'es with 25th Anniversary Fred heads? Toss in three different briefcases for each Fred (one with the cash, one with the computer and submachine gun and one with the disassembled rifle) and splammo, really.

Honestly? I wouldn't pay Club prices for that. That's all stuff I have in my fodder bin right now. 

With as over-produced as the Fred CGs were, the ease that the Prof X/Destro body can be had now, and not requiring a single bit of painting, the only sticking point MIGHT be the briefcases. Any "self-respecting overbudgeted Joe fan" can whip those up in five minutes for less than the Club would charge. I simply can't fathom that there would be enough actual draw to make that worth production.

#5628 Detour

Detour

• Supporter
  • 20573 posts

Posted 06 February 2015 - 05:07 PM

Honestly? I wouldn't pay Club prices for that. That's all stuff I have in my fodder bin right now. 

With as over-produced as the Fred CGs were, the ease that the Prof X/Destro body can be had now, and not requiring a single bit of painting, the only sticking point MIGHT be the briefcases. Any "self-respecting overbudgeted Joe fan" can whip those up in five minutes for less than the Club would charge. I simply can't fathom that there would be enough actual draw to make that worth production.

Well if they're that easy to get... Hook a brother up with a pair?
(Ebay dealers are still charging $40+ for em)

Also, Dial-Tone.

http://www.gijoecon....F15preview2.cfm

That Buzzer torso again... Made worse now by the fact that his new legs are from the "shorter legs longer torsos" era which make him look really stubby.

Edited by Detour, 06 February 2015 - 05:09 PM.

#5629 Steevy Maximus

Steevy Maximus

Snarky Siegie

• Citizen
  • 4461 posts
  • Faction::Unicron's Spawn

Posted 06 February 2015 - 05:30 PM

Guess that's confirmation that the club is going to mitigate the "wacky-ness" of the 03 and International TF figures, just like they did with Eco Force.

#5630 Dake

Dake

Resident resident

• Supporter
  • 18797 posts

Posted 06 February 2015 - 05:52 PM

What a relief - I know everyone was clamoring for the chance to own yet another Buzzer torso'd figure. :p

8ZSy6aw.jpg

#5631 Luke

Luke
  • Retired Staff
  • 15021 posts

Posted 06 February 2015 - 07:13 PM

If I didn't already have the membership Dial-Tone, I'd be happy to get this one. But I do, and I'll pass.

I honestly never understood the complaints about his construction, and this one looks even better. If I liked the deco just a little more, I'd sell the old one and consider this one a trade-up.

#5632 Sean Whitmore

Sean Whitmore
  • Citizen
  • 7930 posts

Posted 06 February 2015 - 07:31 PM

I'd still take the membership one, if only because I don't plan on keeping most of the Tiger Force Joes, so DT's gonna look a little odd-man-out.

PSN: SeanWhitmore

Switch: SW-7452-6932-0513

3DS: 0490-6399-8582

I did a new video thing:
https://www.allspark.com/forums/topic/159447-whos-the-right-arm/

#5633 Detour

Detour

• Supporter
  • 20573 posts

Posted 06 February 2015 - 07:32 PM

I still think the Missions Brazil Dial-Tone was the best modern Dial-Tone.

#5634 MrBlud

MrBlud

Goes down smooth...

• Retired Staff
  • 51698 posts
  • Faction::RIBFIR

Posted 06 February 2015 - 08:22 PM

I like the colors on the Club one more but the "Smithers vacation" look kills it; leaving Mission Brazil the winner by default.

Edited by MrBlud, 06 February 2015 - 08:22 PM.

card-strongarm.jpg

#5635 Detour

Detour

• Supporter
  • 20573 posts

Posted 07 February 2015 - 12:09 AM

....."Smithers vacation"?

#5636 LBD "Nytetrayn"

LBD "Nytetrayn"

Quyzbuk

• Supporter
  • 18585 posts
  • Faction::Autobot

Posted 07 February 2015 - 07:18 AM

2631896160a2686524857b544621924ml.jpg

--LBD "Nytetrayn"

qjWUWdm.gif1edr1cF.gif0g9jaoG.gifuWt4fLV.gif

#5637 Detour

Detour

• Supporter
  • 20573 posts

Posted 07 February 2015 - 07:44 AM

You know, I wanna address this again. In your eyes, could a Fred in suit only work in the colors Charles Xavier sports?
Because I was thinking of a suit in a deep crimson, like what Fred wore when he debuted.

crimson-guard-introduction1.jpg

attachicon.gif2631896160a2686524857b544621924ml.jpg

--LBD "Nytetrayn"

...still don't get it.

Edited by Detour, 07 February 2015 - 07:47 AM.

#5638 MrBlud

MrBlud

Goes down smooth...

• Retired Staff
  • 51698 posts
  • Faction::RIBFIR

Posted 07 February 2015 - 01:03 PM

In Smither's first appearance he was colored very, very, very :ahem: "dark". The explanation given was he had just gotten back from vacation and was very "tan".

Club Dial-Tone's skin tone is similarly much too dark IMO.

card-strongarm.jpg

#5639 Dake

Dake

Resident resident

• Supporter
  • 18797 posts

Posted 07 February 2015 - 02:20 PM

Wow that's... quite the stretch.

8ZSy6aw.jpg

#5640 Detour

Detour

• Supporter
  • 20573 posts

Posted 07 February 2015 - 06:23 PM

Man I hope if they do a Hit&Run for the con they don't mess with his Euro Tiger Force deco one bit. That thing is way too glorious to be changed in any way, shape or form.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users