Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  TM2-Megatron : (19 March 2019 - 06:09 PM)

Well, if the merchant benefited from it there's no harm, I guess. Some people just aren't comfortable dealing with foreign currencies; although admittedly those usually aren't the types who'll go to a place like Estonia.

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (19 March 2019 - 05:51 PM)

I gather this was an ad hoc sale with no machine around. Or the U.S.-Americans in this story were so entitled they didn't bother getting any euros for their trip. One hears about the latter phenomenon often enough.

@  TM2-Megatron : (19 March 2019 - 05:46 PM)

Easier to just use a credit card with no foreign currency conversion fee. There are plenty to choose from in the US

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (19 March 2019 - 05:40 PM)

Joke's on them because the USD-EUR exchange rate gave him a lot more.

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (19 March 2019 - 05:39 PM)

Just read an anecdote on Facebook from an Estonian guy who once accepted U.S. dollars on par from some 'Mericans who didn't change their currency when traveling to another country.

@  TheMightyMol... : (19 March 2019 - 11:14 AM)

Try their TF/GIJoe comic. I dare you. (I'm sorry in advance.)

@  Fnu Aw : (19 March 2019 - 10:41 AM)

My first reaction reading Dreamwave was "What am I stupid or something?" It can be hard to follow what's happening at times.

@  Paladin : (19 March 2019 - 07:52 AM)

but enough about *INSERT LEAST FAVORITE WEBCOMIC HERE*

@  TheMightyMol... : (19 March 2019 - 06:15 AM)

He draws about as well as he runs a business.

@  Nevermore : (19 March 2019 - 06:01 AM)

But... but... it has artwork by Superstar Extraordinaire Paticus Funana Lee!

@  Trpodeca : (19 March 2019 - 03:36 AM)

The second one,has a lot more interesting idea (A unified post war Cybertron, people viewing Optimus differently now the wars over), but in practice it's a disjointed mess.

@  Trpodeca : (19 March 2019 - 03:34 AM)

I'd say the first volume is the most Meh Transformers comic I've ever read. Reading it I felt like I was skipping a bunch of pages.

@  Trpodeca : (19 March 2019 - 03:32 AM)

You know I've been reading Dreamwave's comics and its not very good.

@  lastmaximal : (18 March 2019 - 11:36 PM)

Basics we can afford to take for granted. So let's cool it.

@  Nevermore : (18 March 2019 - 06:07 PM)

Learning what exactly?

@  Kayla Kaon : (18 March 2019 - 03:42 PM)

Don't be mean. The kid is learning.

@  KidTDragon : (18 March 2019 - 01:59 PM)

Tucker has to have his threads approved before they'll post now? That's hilarious.

@  Kayla Kaon : (18 March 2019 - 01:19 PM)

Tucker, it is the same thread that you already posted. I am not approving that. As we have discussed you need to submit different content.

@  Kayla Kaon : (18 March 2019 - 01:18 PM)

We will look at it Tucker.

@  Pennpenn : (18 March 2019 - 08:28 AM)

[Replace adjectives as needed]

@  wonko the sane? : (18 March 2019 - 08:28 AM)

an unhealthy volume of paranoia seems to accompany most hatemongers.

@  Nevermore : (18 March 2019 - 08:12 AM)

"Them" being alien reptiloid Muslim Zionist Atheist Sanatist Communist pedophile feminazis. Or something.

@  Nevermore : (18 March 2019 - 08:11 AM)

His views are "They're coming for us!"

@  unluckiness : (18 March 2019 - 12:59 AM)

I don't think even he knows his own views, frankly. What with blaming Spyro and having the Navy Seal copypasta in his so-called manifesto

@  Pennpenn : (17 March 2019 - 09:27 PM)

Even in the general population there are those who share his views. Probably a significant crossover with the ones who blame Muslims for what happened.

@  Pennpenn : (17 March 2019 - 09:25 PM)

It wouldn't surprise (but still disgust) me if there was a part of the prison population who condone or even celebrate his actions.

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (17 March 2019 - 07:45 PM)

TFcon is returning to Washington, D.C. this North American autumn 2019.

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (17 March 2019 - 02:48 PM)

I bet he will have to be kept in solitary for the rest of his life for his own protection against other prisoners.

@  Nevermore : (17 March 2019 - 02:46 PM)

**** that asshole that killed 50 people in New Zealand.

@  ▲ndrusi : (17 March 2019 - 02:16 PM)

Happy Street Atri's Day!

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (17 March 2019 - 02:02 PM)

That works too. The burger example was just fresher in my mind from another site.

@  RichardT1977 : (17 March 2019 - 01:52 PM)

"Paddy" is short for "Patrick". But "Patty" is still short for "Patricia", right?

@  Kayla Kaon : (17 March 2019 - 01:38 PM)

My name is and I take offense to this

@  Locoman : (17 March 2019 - 01:26 PM)

MY NAME'S! NOT! RIIIIIIIIIIICK!

@  ▲ndrusi : (17 March 2019 - 10:15 AM)

Happy Saint Rick's Day!

@  MEDdMI : (17 March 2019 - 06:39 AM)

Whooo! I can get some cheap corned beef now!

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (16 March 2019 - 11:55 PM)

While I have no ties to Ireland, South or North, I have been reassured by many Irish people of the proper rendition.

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (16 March 2019 - 11:54 PM)

Paddy is the diminutive of Pádraig. Patty belongs on a burger.

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (16 March 2019 - 11:53 PM)

PSA to all: the abbreviated name is Paddy's Day or Saint Paddy's Day.

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (16 March 2019 - 11:42 PM)

Another round of U.S.-Americans throwing around Disneyfied Irish symbolism for the sake of getting smashed.

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (16 March 2019 - 11:41 PM)

Hooray, it is Lá Fhéile Pádraig / Saint Patrick's Day once again.

@  B-Fox : (16 March 2019 - 07:46 PM)

Is the furry segment in Love, Death, and Robots as furry as the furry segment in The ABCs of Death?

@  Bass X0 : (16 March 2019 - 01:52 PM)

Always honor a contract but never trust a client.

@  ▲ndrusi : (15 March 2019 - 08:55 AM)

He doesn't actually have anything to do with Necro, though...

@  Pennpenn : (15 March 2019 - 01:59 AM)

I mean, to be fair Joe, Randy, and Alan are also actual transformer names, so yeah.

@  repowers : (14 March 2019 - 07:18 PM)

There is! He's made to withstand plenty of play!

@  wonko the sane? : (14 March 2019 - 07:17 PM)

Now... which ones are humans?

@  wonko the sane? : (14 March 2019 - 07:17 PM)

Bumblebee! You, hound, and mitch go scout the decepticon base! Grimlock! You and Edward back them up. Prowl, stay here with Jessica and spike!

@  Paladin : (14 March 2019 - 06:52 PM)

is he related to Steve?

@  wonko the sane? : (14 March 2019 - 05:52 PM)

Holy crap, there's really a transformer named robert?

Photo
- - - - -

The GIJOE Thread;

9638 replies to this topic

#4641 Detour

Detour

STR10 DEX7 CON12 INT10 WIS8 CHA1

• Supporter
  • 20518 posts
  • Faction::Maximal

Posted 04 June 2014 - 01:46 PM

I kinda prefer the purple and yellow to the stripes, myself.

But why isn't the top of his head copper?

You're far too young to be this bitter and angry at the world....

I'm reading that with Roy's voice. Heck, I read everything you post in a laconic Irish accent.

#4642 Spark

Spark
  • Citizen
  • 38265 posts

Posted 04 June 2014 - 01:52 PM

I don't know, but that would really funny, since he'd have an armored yarmulke when his blindfold's off.

Fall of Cybertron will blow your mind. That is all.

#4643 Fortress Ironhold

Fortress Ironhold

Blasphemer

• Banned
  • 20567 posts

Posted 04 June 2014 - 06:02 PM

Well, crud.

When I was up at the area Tuesday Morning three weeks ago, they had a Budo and some of the bikes in stock. However, I had some bills coming up and so I said I'd get them later.

I went up there this morning, only to find that the store is closing. 90% of what they had in stock is gone, including all of their G. I. Joe stuff and everything TF save for a bootleg Constructicon set (that I already have) and an Optimus Prime coin bank. 

#4644 Luke

Luke
  • Retired Staff
  • 15020 posts
  • Faction::Cannonball's Pirate Crew

Posted 04 June 2014 - 06:07 PM

I never particularly liked NCL as a "blind ninja master" and always chose to play into the filecard ("eye-masking bandanna") and interpret his blindfold as a visor or facemask of some sort. Especially since in the comics (where he actually had the look of the action figure) he was obviously sighted and not relying on "heightened ninja senses" or something. So I'm not sure why the Club not only seemingly played into the blindfold, but then added uzis that he never, ever used.

I'm also curious what the thought process was behind using this version that has never had any fiction attached to it. If you're not going to do the cartoon look, the tiger-pants version is the one that was in the comics. As the first figure of the character, I would also think it's the one that most people have nostalgia for.

Edited by Lukeblast, 04 June 2014 - 06:09 PM.

#4645 Spark

Spark
  • Citizen
  • 38265 posts

Posted 04 June 2014 - 06:44 PM

Because it's funny to think of a blind guy firing uzis.

#4646 Betty Nor

Betty Nor
  • Citizen
  • 7668 posts

Posted 04 June 2014 - 07:55 PM

Yeah, a heightened sense of hearing comes in super useful when...

*BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRT*

Ow.

Edited by Betty Nor, 04 June 2014 - 07:56 PM.

#4647 Detour

Detour

• Supporter
  • 20518 posts

Posted 06 June 2014 - 02:07 PM

Aaaaaand Psyche Out.
http://www.gijoeclub.com

Yiiiikes. They actually painted the bare POC Duke arms to look like the vintage figure's grey sleeves.

Also, a ROC Zartan backpack for some reason.

I'm reading that with Roy's voice. Heck, I read everything you post in a laconic Irish accent.

#4648 Spark

Spark
  • Citizen
  • 38265 posts

Posted 06 June 2014 - 03:03 PM

They replaced his red parts with... black?  Are bright colors seriously not allowed this year or what?  And the backpack...  uh...  okaaay.  I really liked the solar panel thing he had last time.

#4649 Dake

Dake

Resident resident

• Supporter
  • 18651 posts

Posted 06 June 2014 - 04:43 PM

I guess the backpack is sort of similarly shaped to the original one (if you squint)? Strange that it's black too.

8ZSy6aw.jpg

#4650 Spark

Spark
  • Citizen
  • 38265 posts

Posted 06 June 2014 - 08:10 PM

COLOR IS EVIL.

Also, found the Night Viper at Five Below.  He sucks other than the helmet and kind of encompasses a lot that killed the line... lots of accessories that have no point and can't be stored (the guy that can be blinded with a flashlight and operates entirely in darkness comes with a flashlight?)... another reuse of the Shock Trooper body (mostly)... ill-fitting webgear junk...  "realism"ed up with no techie guns or backpacks, even those are kicking around from older figures...  Um, his deco is nice?

There's just nothing fun about the guy.

Edited by Spark, 06 June 2014 - 08:14 PM.

#4651 Detour

Detour

• Supporter
  • 20518 posts

Posted 06 June 2014 - 08:33 PM

Yeah, he's a bit of a disappointment, but I'm hoping I can salvage him with some custom webgear from Raginspoon...

And if I can find a spare laser rifle that came with Paris Pursuit Baroness and POC Beachhead...

(also, pretty sure flashlights are standard issue on soldiers who also sport night-vision goggles, dude. NVGs don't do it all and sometimes you have to use more natural illumination and your own eyes. S'why the visor flips up, y'see.

#4652 Dake

Dake

Resident resident

• Supporter
  • 18651 posts

Posted 06 June 2014 - 09:05 PM

And modern NVGs have a light sensor that dims it so the wearer doesn't get blinded.

8ZSy6aw.jpg

#4653 Dr Syn

Dr Syn

C-Cobra Commander Senpai...

• Citizen
  • 2785 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 06 June 2014 - 09:14 PM

COLOR IS EVIL.

Also, found the Night Viper at Five Below.  He sucks other than the helmet and kind of encompasses a lot that killed the line... lots of accessories that have no point and can't be stored (the guy that can be blinded with a flashlight and operates entirely in darkness comes with a flashlight?)... another reuse of the Shock Trooper body (mostly)... ill-fitting webgear junk...  "realism"ed up with no techie guns or backpacks, even those are kicking around from older figures...  Um, his deco is nice?

Just put them in storage or have a gun box for spare weapons, for when characters come with terrible weapons and you can share them.

I never understand people who complain about too many accessories, mix and match and have fun with them.

Locker_view_zpsac3ed946.jpg

Photobucket blows chunks

#4654 Betty Nor

Betty Nor
  • Citizen
  • 7668 posts

Posted 06 June 2014 - 10:31 PM

Plus, it could be red/blue/green lensed or even IR.  Torches have evolved by leaps and bounds.

#4655 MightyMegs

MightyMegs
  • Citizen
  • 4230 posts
  • Faction::Decepticon

Posted 07 June 2014 - 09:17 AM

Some of the shared exclusives are up for pre-order on TRU.com http://www.toysrus.c...rentPage=family

#4656 Spark

Spark
  • Citizen
  • 38265 posts

Posted 07 June 2014 - 09:55 AM

COLOR IS EVIL.

Just put them in storage or have a gun box for spare weapons, for when characters come with terrible weapons and you can share them.

I never understand people who complain about too many accessories, mix and match and have fun with them.

Because I don't have any desire to keep track of a million tiny black and silver loose parts. 

Flashlight note redacted, but I still think it's funny.  But it gets away from the bigger picture that this particular figure shows off a lot of the bad trends that killed the line.

Oh yes, and a minor note that his handgun doesn't fit the web gear holster well at all.  The two are different shapes, basically.

Edited by Spark, 07 June 2014 - 09:57 AM.

#4657 ZacWilliam1

ZacWilliam1
  • Citizen
  • 16759 posts
  • Faction::RIRFIB

Posted 07 June 2014 - 10:02 AM

Some of the shared exclusives are up for pre-order on TRU.com http://www.toysrus.c...rentPage=family

I really want a few of these (mainly Blow-My-Feet-Up-Please Viper and anything "snow" themed) but I've ordered so much TF stuff for the coming months that I can't justify it as my Joe fandom is definitely second tier to TFs.

-ZacWilliam, I'm forcing myself to adhere to an "Only if I see it in stores." policy on these...

Edited by ZacWilliam1, 07 June 2014 - 10:03 AM.

Ever wonder about the speed of Turbofoxes?
Or the proverbial ailerons of Titanium Moosebots?

*Visit the one and only Cybertronic Bestiary.
For a mechazoologic tour of the mechanimals of Cybertron.

#4658 Betty Nor

Betty Nor
  • Citizen
  • 7668 posts

Posted 07 June 2014 - 10:12 AM

COLOR IS EVIL.

Because I don't have any desire to keep track of a million tiny black and silver loose parts. 

Flashlight note redacted, but I still think it's funny.  But it gets away from the bigger picture that this particular figure shows off a lot of the bad trends that killed the line.

Oh yes, and a minor note that his handgun doesn't fit the web gear holster well at all.  The two are different shapes, basically.

Oh you won't get a lot of argument from me on Night Viper.  For the rare and elusive figure that he was, I'm really glad that I didn't pay eBay prices for him because he's really terrible in execution and certainly the reason I'm not getting the TRU exclusive 2-pack with his redeco mate.

I mean, how daft do the Joe guys at Hasbro have to be to equip a sharpshooting character with a sniper rifle that he can hardly even hold?  And like you said, give him a handgun that doesn't fit in his web-gear?  That'd be like a LEGO designer not actually putting a model together himself only to find out that he guesstimated the wrong stud-width on a critical build.

They must have a dart board of accessories they like to use to determine what's coming with whom and phone it in from there.

Edited by Betty Nor, 07 June 2014 - 10:13 AM.

#4659 Luke

Luke
  • Retired Staff
  • 15020 posts
  • Faction::Cannonball's Pirate Crew

Posted 07 June 2014 - 10:13 AM

On  a similar note, I never understand people who want accessory packs for Modern GI Joes. What would be the point? Most of them already come with at least three weapons, and a good number of them are basically accessory packs with a bonus action figure.

#4660 Echowarrior

Echowarrior

I write stuff...just not as much as I used to.

• Citizen
  • 10080 posts

Posted 07 June 2014 - 10:21 AM

Well, I've caved. Preordered the Lowlight set off TRU.com. Don't suppose anyone wants the Night Viper he comes with?

William Rendfeld
That Echowarrior guy...
Author of "Transformers: Armada (Revisited)"- Allspark Fic of the Month for December 2005. Archive here.
"In matters of style, swim with the current. In matters of principle, stand like a rock." - Credited to Thomas Jefferson.
"You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life." - Credited to Winston Churchill.

Reply to this topic

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bing (1)