Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  Pennpenn : (17 June 2019 - 02:55 AM)

You'd figure Fire Emblem would have enough characters in Smash. Kinda feels like there's more FE characters than Mario characters.

@  unluckiness : (16 June 2019 - 01:20 AM)

And for hug's sake, I hope that the new Fire Emblem's PC isn't one of the DLC

@  Sean Whitmore : (15 June 2019 - 04:11 PM)

Smash Bros could never touch a new franchise again, and I'd still have laundry lists of side characters and villains I'd love to see included.

@  unluckiness : (15 June 2019 - 09:36 AM)

DINNER

@  SG Roadbuster : (15 June 2019 - 09:36 AM)

cuz i wanna fight a boat

@  SG Roadbuster : (15 June 2019 - 09:35 AM)

if we must have another zelda character, id want the king of red lion

@  MEDdMI : (14 June 2019 - 10:38 PM)

I would unironically love Tingle in Smash.

@  Paladin : (14 June 2019 - 02:06 PM)

they HAVE to put Travis Touchdown in at some point now, right???

@  TheMightyMol... : (14 June 2019 - 01:24 PM)

Right after Shaq.

@  Locoman : (14 June 2019 - 12:36 PM)

When will we get Bluster Kong in Smash?

@  unluckiness : (14 June 2019 - 08:20 AM)

The last three DLC characters are Tingle, Charles Barkley and L Tetris block with Reverse L Tetris block as an Echo fighter.

@  MEDdMI : (14 June 2019 - 08:09 AM)

Pipe dream Smash entry: The Prince from the Katamari series. :D

@  MEDdMI : (14 June 2019 - 06:35 AM)

The space/time around them gets frozen too! ....or something.

@  unluckiness : (14 June 2019 - 06:01 AM)

I still want to find out how freezing people suspends them in midair

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (14 June 2019 - 02:45 AM)

We really need Subzero or Scorpion in Smash. Violence aside, they are pretty big gaming icons as well.

@  Steevy Maximus : (13 June 2019 - 08:18 PM)

Given Nintendo's relationship with Tecmo, I'm still waiting for Ryu Hyabusa

@  TheMightyMol... : (13 June 2019 - 07:19 PM)

I'm still waiting for Doomguy.

@  Steevy Maximus : (13 June 2019 - 06:47 PM)

I just started watching High School DxD (don't judge me...) and I caught on the Nintendo Treehouse some request Rias for Smash lol

@  ▲ndrusi : (13 June 2019 - 11:25 AM)

I have having to watch a video to find out why someone wanted me to watch the video

@  Nevermore : (11 June 2019 - 04:58 PM)

I remember when the TPB for The Dark Age 2 was delayed for an entire year...

@  Trpodeca : (11 June 2019 - 03:55 AM)

I just wish they'd release the Astro City paperback trades.

@  Nevermore : (10 June 2019 - 05:31 AM)

As an open-minded heterosexual, I wouldn't mind seeing more of that.

@  Nevermore : (10 June 2019 - 05:29 AM)

Currently in the process of re-reading Kurt Busiek's Astro City. Big props for the issue featuring the "Dancing Master" and its portrayal of non-stereotypical gay characters.

@  TM2-Megatron : (10 June 2019 - 05:25 AM)

Don't phone charges often contain special rapid charge circuitry, though? The voltage might be higher too, given the selfie stick probably has a very basic battery.

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (09 June 2019 - 11:28 PM)

Glad to be of assistance!

@  Telly : (09 June 2019 - 10:32 PM)

*checks selfie stick and phone charger* huh. perfect fit. thanks!

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (09 June 2019 - 09:58 PM)

I would use the USB-to-AC adapter that came with my iPhone, though I gather you must have a different brand of cell phone.

@  TM2-Megatron : (09 June 2019 - 05:42 PM)

In that case a generic adapter is probably your best bet, then. Keep in mind a lot of hotels now have plain USB outlets in rooms too, though; but I guess that's not guaranteed

@  Telly : (09 June 2019 - 05:31 PM)

yeah, i just need something small to plug into the wall. im not sure im taking my laptop on my trip later this year and i want a way to charge my stuff

@  TM2-Megatron : (09 June 2019 - 05:04 PM)

They also have wall outlets with built-in USB in addition to the two regular plugs; I installed those around my place so I have USB ports everywhere

@  TM2-Megatron : (09 June 2019 - 05:02 PM)

You might be able to get a generic adapter to use with it at Radio Shack if you know the appropriate voltages or whatever

@  TM2-Megatron : (09 June 2019 - 05:01 PM)

It came with a USB cable with no AC adapter? A lot of lower priced electronics do that, presumably assuming that USB is pretty ubiquitous

@  TM2-Megatron : (09 June 2019 - 05:00 PM)

Yeah, must be, I guess.

@  Telly : (09 June 2019 - 04:59 PM)

maybe having bluetooth has something to do with it?

@  Telly : (09 June 2019 - 04:58 PM)

the one i got has an on/off button, and came with a usb to attach to my laptop to charge it. its this one https://www.walmart....ility/432985497

@  TM2-Megatron : (09 June 2019 - 04:51 PM)

Selfie sticks have power? I thought they were to just hold the phone away from you

@  Telly : (09 June 2019 - 04:44 PM)

need some technical help.how do i charge my selfie stick without using my laptop? is there some kind of portable charger? i know it sounds like a dumb question, but i dont know very much about this stuff

@  MEDdMI : (08 June 2019 - 06:58 PM)

Different songs or overdosing don't work for me. My brain can play multiple songs at once. Best to do something else to distract me.

@  Xellos : (08 June 2019 - 05:36 PM)

Still, the worst is having the last song I hear before going into work being stuck in my head all day.

@  TheMightyMol... : (08 June 2019 - 05:00 PM)

Get a different song stuck in your head too. Let them battle for supremacy. Only the strong survive.

@  Nevermore : (08 June 2019 - 03:53 PM)

Keep listening to it over and over until you got the lyrics memorized. By that point, it will start to fade out of your system.

@  Nevermore : (08 June 2019 - 02:48 PM)

I've discovered the easiest cure for having a song stuck in your head is overdosing to the point of fatigue.

@  Steevy Maximus : (08 June 2019 - 12:27 PM)

Jedi Fallen Order sure does look a LOT like a Souls style game with Star Wars flavoring

@  Kalidor : (07 June 2019 - 06:18 PM)

I have a hard time believing that you speaking at length and with great detail is something you wouldn't be good at. Glad you had fun.

@  Nevermore : (07 June 2019 - 02:51 PM)

Funny thing is I wasn't nervous at all. Might have helped that I was able to speak freely due to having assembled my speech from a lot of smaller segments I had previously told to my colleagues on the shopfloor, with a few punchlines added.

@  Nevermore : (07 June 2019 - 02:49 PM)

Allegedly I did well. Lots of applause, and was told I was leagues beyond the guy who spoke before me (though that wasn't difficult, that guy was dry as a river on Mars).

@  Nevermore : (07 June 2019 - 02:48 PM)

So I volunteered to hold a small speech at our strike assembly today (lots of Amazon employees, plus some people from IKEA, Smyths toys and some other local retailers).

@  Maximus Ambus : (07 June 2019 - 01:17 PM)

Today Dolly the Sheep and Super Salmon, tomorrow Neo Sapiens. We're through the looking glass people.

@  Kalidor : (07 June 2019 - 12:55 PM)

Happy birthday @Pinkcolliebot

@  Pinkcolliebot : (07 June 2019 - 12:03 PM)

Today's My Birthday!!!

Photo
- - - - -

The GIJOE Thread;

9668 replies to this topic

#3921 Betty Nor

Betty Nor
  • Citizen
  • 7695 posts

Posted 10 February 2014 - 03:28 PM

Both Target and Walmart have small sections in or around the LEGO aisle.  I think the initial Transformers wave put a damper on retailer's desire to stock them as the majority of them ended up clearancing out excess inventory.  Hell, I think I saw an Optimus Prime for $20 at a Meijer *still* clogging shelves this holiday shopping season.

#3922 Fortress Ironhold

Fortress Ironhold

Blasphemer

• Banned
  • 20567 posts

Posted 10 February 2014 - 03:31 PM

AAFES has had a fairly consistent stock, at least at the PX on Ft. Hood.

But then again, this is the same PX that has traditionally been a home for shelf-warming toys.

#3923 Luke

Luke
  • Retired Staff
  • 15021 posts
  • Faction::Cannonball's Pirate Crew

Posted 10 February 2014 - 04:05 PM

I think it was just Hasbro making a desperate attempt at the blind-bag trend. It feels like someone at Hasbro assumed they must be leaving money on the table by not hitching onto this craze, but forgot that they're the #2 toy company in the world and didn't really need the piddly cash that it might have brought in.

The bigger problem is that they already HAD something they could use for that (Kreons) and there's just virtually no appeal from any market. Most kids won't care about most of these characters who aren't even in what little fiction they've seen, and most adult fans don't want their characters as little chibis.

This is where marketing comes in.

I feel you're misreading my post. I'm saying that Micro Force didn't have a market. The best ads in the world could have only staved that reality off for so long. Everything else you're saying is irrelevant to that topic.

#3924 Fortress Ironhold

Fortress Ironhold

Blasphemer

• Banned
  • 20567 posts

Posted 10 February 2014 - 07:00 PM

I think it was just Hasbro making a desperate attempt at the blind-bag trend. It feels like someone at Hasbro assumed they must be leaving money on the table by not hitching onto this craze, but forgot that they're the #2 toy company in the world and didn't really need the piddly cash that it might have brought in.

The bigger problem is that they already HAD something they could use for that (Kreons) and there's just virtually no appeal from any market. Most kids won't care about most of these characters who aren't even in what little fiction they've seen, and most adult fans don't want their characters as little chibis.

I feel you're misreading my post. I'm saying that Micro Force didn't have a market. The best ads in the world could have only staved that reality off for so long. Everything else you're saying is irrelevant to that topic.

Remember that marketing is my minor.

You get yourself a good enough marketing person in place, and they can create a market where none existed before.

#3925 Detour

Detour

STR10 DEX7 CON12 INT10 WIS8 CHA1

• Supporter
  • 20566 posts
  • Faction::Maximal

Posted 10 February 2014 - 07:11 PM

Meanwhile, Ozonebeard!

http://www.gijoecon..../con14ozone.cfm

Edited by Detour, 10 February 2014 - 07:11 PM.

You're far too young to be this bitter and angry at the world....

I'm reading that with Roy's voice. Heck, I read everything you post in a laconic Irish accent.

#3926 MrBlud

MrBlud

Goes down smooth...

• Retired Staff
  • 51680 posts
  • Faction::RIBFIR

Posted 10 February 2014 - 07:24 PM

You get yourself a good enough marketing person in place, and they can create a market where none existed before.

And for Micro Force, you'd need this man

Attached Thumbnails

• Q-in-Far-Point.jpg

Edited by MrBlud, 10 February 2014 - 07:25 PM.

card-strongarm.jpg

#3927 Tyranno

Tyranno

Let's not lose our heads

• Citizen
  • 35039 posts

Posted 10 February 2014 - 08:51 PM

I sometimes get the feeling that Renegades was something that was pushed on the Joe team instead of something that came from them, so they kind of just decided to take their toys and go home IE ignore the show until it was basically gone.

That doesn't really give me much faith in the Joe team not being a collective of figurative dinosaurs, tbh.

"Disabled people donít have special needs. We have very reasonable human needs. Our needs include freedom from abuse, violence, and mistreatment, the right to autonomy and self-direction, the right to represent ourselves, equal opportunity for education and employment, the right to accommodation, and societal inclusion and acceptance.

The need for accommodation isnít a ďspecial needĒ. Itís a basic human right. Itís a leveling of the playing field that allows us the same opportunities and chances as non-disabled people."

- Amethyst Schaber, http://neurowonderful.tumblr.com/

#3928 Spark

Spark
  • Citizen
  • 38593 posts

Posted 10 February 2014 - 08:57 PM

I sometimes get the feeling that Renegades was something that was pushed on the Joe team instead of something that came from them, so they kind of just decided to take their toys and go home IE ignore the show until it was basically gone.

That doesn't really give me much faith in the Joe team not being a collective of figurative dinosaurs, tbh.

It's just the feeling I get some-no-a lot of the time.

Fall of Cybertron will blow your mind. That is all.

#3929 MrBlud

MrBlud

Goes down smooth...

• Retired Staff
  • 51680 posts

Posted 10 February 2014 - 09:03 PM

12" flocked Dinosaurs.

card-strongarm.jpg

#3930 Tyranno

Tyranno

Let's not lose our heads

• Citizen
  • 35039 posts

Posted 10 February 2014 - 09:18 PM

This just supports what I'm saying. To save GI Joe, the old way of thinking needs to go. They need new blood. They need new concepts.

They need to stop thinking in terms of RAH, and even in terms of Larry Hama. Joe has chased the legacy of his writing more than Transformers has Simon Furman.

The sharpest, smartest Joe fiction in YEARS took less from his work, and more from the A-Team. That's pretty telling.

Edited by Razorsaw, 10 February 2014 - 09:18 PM.

"Disabled people donít have special needs. We have very reasonable human needs. Our needs include freedom from abuse, violence, and mistreatment, the right to autonomy and self-direction, the right to represent ourselves, equal opportunity for education and employment, the right to accommodation, and societal inclusion and acceptance.

The need for accommodation isnít a ďspecial needĒ. Itís a basic human right. Itís a leveling of the playing field that allows us the same opportunities and chances as non-disabled people."

- Amethyst Schaber, http://neurowonderful.tumblr.com/

#3931 Echowarrior

Echowarrior

I write stuff...just not as much as I used to.

• Citizen
  • 10221 posts

Posted 10 February 2014 - 09:22 PM

So, yeah, moving elsewhere...I opened up the box for my Eaglehawk a few minutes back, just to check and make sure everything was in there that was supposed to be in there. Folks on hisstank.com mentioned having parts missing and the like, and I figured it would be a smart idea to check for anything missing. Nothing's missing, so no trouble there, but now, I find myself back with the other conundrum with these - do I assemble then apply stickers, or apply stickers then assemble?

I'd assume the former is easier.

Assemble, then apply the stickers. My daughters helped me do this while we watched an old MST3K over Christmas break.

It briefly felt like my life was perfect.

*shrug* Okay. I'd think the former was the smarter option, but obviously I'm new to all of this.

William Rendfeld
That Echowarrior guy...
Author of "Transformers: Armada (Revisited)"- Allspark Fic of the Month for December 2005. Archive here.
"In matters of style, swim with the current. In matters of principle, stand like a rock." - Credited to Thomas Jefferson.
"You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life." - Credited to Winston Churchill.

#3932 Detour

Detour

• Supporter
  • 20566 posts

Posted 10 February 2014 - 09:23 PM

I think a lot of it has sadly to do with what's-his-face in charge.

Anybody remember his name? I'm drawing a total blank.

I'm reading that with Roy's voice. Heck, I read everything you post in a laconic Irish accent.

#3933 MrBlud

MrBlud

Goes down smooth...

• Retired Staff
  • 51680 posts

Posted 10 February 2014 - 09:35 PM

Derryl DePriest?

card-strongarm.jpg

#3934 Dake

Dake

Resident resident

• Supporter
  • 18795 posts

Posted 10 February 2014 - 10:02 PM

I just think we need something new because we keep having this exact same discussion every four pages. :p

8ZSy6aw.jpg

#3935 Luke

Luke
  • Retired Staff
  • 15021 posts
  • Faction::Cannonball's Pirate Crew

Posted 10 February 2014 - 11:22 PM

Dude. Seriously. Read before you reply.

Ask yourself important questions like "Has this been covered already? Is there any benefit to my being contrary here? Am I actually contributing to the conversation or trying to show everyone how much I think I know?"

#3936 Betty Nor

Betty Nor
  • Citizen
  • 7695 posts

Posted 10 February 2014 - 11:32 PM

Oh goddamnit.  What's the point of having someone on ignore if you guys are just going to keep quoting him?

fdafjda;lfja

#3937 Spark

Spark
  • Citizen
  • 38593 posts

Posted 11 February 2014 - 12:15 AM

Also, you know it's getting pretty thin on news when HISSTank is starting to cover just whatever 3 3/4" figures they can find.

Fall of Cybertron will blow your mind. That is all.

#3938 Detour

Detour

• Supporter
  • 20566 posts

Posted 11 February 2014 - 02:17 AM

Derryl DePriest?

Yes! Thank you, DePriest.

Yeah, that dude. He obviously loves Joe and is passionate about it but part of me feels he's too afraid of rebranding it to work in the modern market.

That being said, consequences out of his control haven't made things much easier for him (ie Retaliation's pushback, Hasbro's decision to scrap Renegades to "wait and see" what happens after the movie...)

I still feel they should've gone as planned for the Renegades toyline instead of caving in to fanbitchdom and just shuffling a token effort into the 30th Anniversary line.

#3939 Steevy Maximus

Steevy Maximus

Snarky Siegie

• Citizen
  • 4457 posts
  • Faction::Unicron's Spawn

Posted 11 February 2014 - 01:34 PM

According to the guys over at Boss Fight Studios (former Hasbro designers who worked on the Club stuff this year), Hasbro isn't even supporting a dedicated GI Joe brand team at the moment (or at least fairly recently).

Darryl DePriest is VP of Global Brand Management and has been for many years.  I kind of wonder if at least SOME of the reason Joe has stuck around as long as it has was a result of his position and influence.   Which, to me, puts Joe into that same little creative black hole Masters of the Universe finds itself with one guy in charge with the line being a secondary concern to other needs.

#3940 StarSaber

StarSaber
  • Validating
  • 2882 posts
  • Faction::Autobot

Posted 11 February 2014 - 02:21 PM

12" flocked Dinosaurs.

The flocking of dinosaurs shows they're open to at least *some* modern ideas! ;)

-SS (so long as they don't claim dinos had Kung-Fu grip)

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users