Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  unluckiness : (16 June 2019 - 01:20 AM)

And for hug's sake, I hope that the new Fire Emblem's PC isn't one of the DLC

@  Sean Whitmore : (15 June 2019 - 04:11 PM)

Smash Bros could never touch a new franchise again, and I'd still have laundry lists of side characters and villains I'd love to see included.

@  unluckiness : (15 June 2019 - 09:36 AM)

DINNER

@  SG Roadbuster : (15 June 2019 - 09:36 AM)

cuz i wanna fight a boat

@  SG Roadbuster : (15 June 2019 - 09:35 AM)

if we must have another zelda character, id want the king of red lion

@  MEDdMI : (14 June 2019 - 10:38 PM)

I would unironically love Tingle in Smash.

@  Paladin : (14 June 2019 - 02:06 PM)

they HAVE to put Travis Touchdown in at some point now, right???

@  TheMightyMol... : (14 June 2019 - 01:24 PM)

Right after Shaq.

@  Locoman : (14 June 2019 - 12:36 PM)

When will we get Bluster Kong in Smash?

@  unluckiness : (14 June 2019 - 08:20 AM)

The last three DLC characters are Tingle, Charles Barkley and L Tetris block with Reverse L Tetris block as an Echo fighter.

@  MEDdMI : (14 June 2019 - 08:09 AM)

Pipe dream Smash entry: The Prince from the Katamari series. :D

@  MEDdMI : (14 June 2019 - 06:35 AM)

The space/time around them gets frozen too! ....or something.

@  unluckiness : (14 June 2019 - 06:01 AM)

I still want to find out how freezing people suspends them in midair

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (14 June 2019 - 02:45 AM)

We really need Subzero or Scorpion in Smash. Violence aside, they are pretty big gaming icons as well.

@  Steevy Maximus : (13 June 2019 - 08:18 PM)

Given Nintendo's relationship with Tecmo, I'm still waiting for Ryu Hyabusa

@  TheMightyMol... : (13 June 2019 - 07:19 PM)

I'm still waiting for Doomguy.

@  Steevy Maximus : (13 June 2019 - 06:47 PM)

I just started watching High School DxD (don't judge me...) and I caught on the Nintendo Treehouse some request Rias for Smash lol

@  ▲ndrusi : (13 June 2019 - 11:25 AM)

I have having to watch a video to find out why someone wanted me to watch the video

@  Nevermore : (11 June 2019 - 04:58 PM)

I remember when the TPB for The Dark Age 2 was delayed for an entire year...

@  Trpodeca : (11 June 2019 - 03:55 AM)

I just wish they'd release the Astro City paperback trades.

@  Nevermore : (10 June 2019 - 05:31 AM)

As an open-minded heterosexual, I wouldn't mind seeing more of that.

@  Nevermore : (10 June 2019 - 05:29 AM)

Currently in the process of re-reading Kurt Busiek's Astro City. Big props for the issue featuring the "Dancing Master" and its portrayal of non-stereotypical gay characters.

@  TM2-Megatron : (10 June 2019 - 05:25 AM)

Don't phone charges often contain special rapid charge circuitry, though? The voltage might be higher too, given the selfie stick probably has a very basic battery.

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (09 June 2019 - 11:28 PM)

Glad to be of assistance!

@  Telly : (09 June 2019 - 10:32 PM)

*checks selfie stick and phone charger* huh. perfect fit. thanks!

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (09 June 2019 - 09:58 PM)

I would use the USB-to-AC adapter that came with my iPhone, though I gather you must have a different brand of cell phone.

@  TM2-Megatron : (09 June 2019 - 05:42 PM)

In that case a generic adapter is probably your best bet, then. Keep in mind a lot of hotels now have plain USB outlets in rooms too, though; but I guess that's not guaranteed

@  Telly : (09 June 2019 - 05:31 PM)

yeah, i just need something small to plug into the wall. im not sure im taking my laptop on my trip later this year and i want a way to charge my stuff

@  TM2-Megatron : (09 June 2019 - 05:04 PM)

They also have wall outlets with built-in USB in addition to the two regular plugs; I installed those around my place so I have USB ports everywhere

@  TM2-Megatron : (09 June 2019 - 05:02 PM)

You might be able to get a generic adapter to use with it at Radio Shack if you know the appropriate voltages or whatever

@  TM2-Megatron : (09 June 2019 - 05:01 PM)

It came with a USB cable with no AC adapter? A lot of lower priced electronics do that, presumably assuming that USB is pretty ubiquitous

@  TM2-Megatron : (09 June 2019 - 05:00 PM)

Yeah, must be, I guess.

@  Telly : (09 June 2019 - 04:59 PM)

maybe having bluetooth has something to do with it?

@  Telly : (09 June 2019 - 04:58 PM)

the one i got has an on/off button, and came with a usb to attach to my laptop to charge it. its this one https://www.walmart....ility/432985497

@  TM2-Megatron : (09 June 2019 - 04:51 PM)

Selfie sticks have power? I thought they were to just hold the phone away from you

@  Telly : (09 June 2019 - 04:44 PM)

need some technical help.how do i charge my selfie stick without using my laptop? is there some kind of portable charger? i know it sounds like a dumb question, but i dont know very much about this stuff

@  MEDdMI : (08 June 2019 - 06:58 PM)

Different songs or overdosing don't work for me. My brain can play multiple songs at once. Best to do something else to distract me.

@  Xellos : (08 June 2019 - 05:36 PM)

Still, the worst is having the last song I hear before going into work being stuck in my head all day.

@  TheMightyMol... : (08 June 2019 - 05:00 PM)

Get a different song stuck in your head too. Let them battle for supremacy. Only the strong survive.

@  Nevermore : (08 June 2019 - 03:53 PM)

Keep listening to it over and over until you got the lyrics memorized. By that point, it will start to fade out of your system.

@  Nevermore : (08 June 2019 - 02:48 PM)

I've discovered the easiest cure for having a song stuck in your head is overdosing to the point of fatigue.

@  Steevy Maximus : (08 June 2019 - 12:27 PM)

Jedi Fallen Order sure does look a LOT like a Souls style game with Star Wars flavoring

@  Kalidor : (07 June 2019 - 06:18 PM)

I have a hard time believing that you speaking at length and with great detail is something you wouldn't be good at. Glad you had fun.

@  Nevermore : (07 June 2019 - 02:51 PM)

Funny thing is I wasn't nervous at all. Might have helped that I was able to speak freely due to having assembled my speech from a lot of smaller segments I had previously told to my colleagues on the shopfloor, with a few punchlines added.

@  Nevermore : (07 June 2019 - 02:49 PM)

Allegedly I did well. Lots of applause, and was told I was leagues beyond the guy who spoke before me (though that wasn't difficult, that guy was dry as a river on Mars).

@  Nevermore : (07 June 2019 - 02:48 PM)

So I volunteered to hold a small speech at our strike assembly today (lots of Amazon employees, plus some people from IKEA, Smyths toys and some other local retailers).

@  Maximus Ambus : (07 June 2019 - 01:17 PM)

Today Dolly the Sheep and Super Salmon, tomorrow Neo Sapiens. We're through the looking glass people.

@  Kalidor : (07 June 2019 - 12:55 PM)

Happy birthday @Pinkcolliebot

@  Pinkcolliebot : (07 June 2019 - 12:03 PM)

Today's My Birthday!!!

@  TheMightyMol... : (07 June 2019 - 03:16 AM)

Think how many copies of Optimus Prime's brain could fit on that.

Photo
- - - - -

The GIJOE Thread;

9668 replies to this topic

#3621 Spark

Spark
  • Citizen
  • 38593 posts

Posted 03 January 2014 - 05:31 PM

Although, I think we're actually attacking this from two different angles.  You're approaching it from the cost-cutting direction to make more money from the market that already exists, whereas I'm coming from a sales increase point of view since I'd rather see the market get less narrow.  A best approach would be some mix of both, probably.

...Without Darryl DePriest, mind you, because we don't need any more 12" failures.

Edited by Spark, 03 January 2014 - 05:33 PM.

Fall of Cybertron will blow your mind. That is all.

#3622 Dake

Dake

Resident resident

• Supporter
  • 18795 posts

Posted 03 January 2014 - 06:31 PM

Yeah. I'd be fine with original 25th articulation on figures (minus slash-wrists) but that presents another problem; at this point I wager they've moved on from that and may not even have kept the early tooling.  ARAH level is the bare minimum in my mind.

8ZSy6aw.jpg

#3623 Steevy Maximus

Steevy Maximus

Snarky Siegie

• Citizen
  • 4457 posts
  • Faction::Unicron's Spawn

Posted 03 January 2014 - 06:53 PM

Dropping articulation didn't exactly help anything since that's what Joe's known for and always has been.

In fairness though, dropping the figures back down to ARAH standards would still be fantastically articulated compared to most other lines on the market and would cut the number of parts in each figure by about half, in turn drastically reducing production costs.

They could probably drop it back down to 25th Anniversary debut standards without much problem, but going below that and we come back around to dealing with price and competition on the shelves.  A lot of what Joe competes with now are other Hasbro products like Marvel Universe and Star Wars (Black Label now, I guess), then there are figures in roughly the same range with lower prices like Ninja Turtles and Corps.  If Joe needs to do one thing, it's not look like everything else, which is why RoC figures shelfwarmed so badly as they were largely a see of black, silver, and gray on dark cards in an aisle full of the same at the time.

But even the first wave of 25th Joes were over engineered (IMO).  Collectors love the realism that ankles and double knees present in displaying a figure, but I don't feel they added much to the functionality of the figure.  IF anything, the extra joints served more to add points of weakness to a figure.

I still feel a major issue is the reliance on web gear, and other interchangeable "geebles".  Figures like Retaliation Duke show that most of these figures are designed with web gear in mind, but that is another accessory, another piece in the production process that adds to the final cost.  I also think the reliance on web gear has also robbed a LOT of figures of any real individuality.

Although, I think we're actually attacking this from two different angles.  You're approaching it from the cost-cutting direction to make more money from the market that already exists, whereas I'm coming from a sales increase point of view since I'd rather see the market get less narrow.  A best approach would be some mix of both, probably.

...Without Darryl DePriest, mind you, because we don't need any more 12" failures.

I don't view those as mutually exclusive.  A lower cost figure has a better chance of appealing to consumers than more of the same $10 figures (which literally compete with EVERY toy on the market as $10 is the new baseline it seems).

Again, I really don't see ANY option on the table that DOESN'T screw one side or the other:

A new, cheaper, figure format will piss off collectors (though, at this stage, just about ANY change will do so), maybe loosing that source of revenue (though, with the state of the brand, are the collectors even justifying the costs anymore?)

Continue the focus on collector-oriented product and either see prices continue to climb to offset the reduced market size and lack of retail support and kids continue to ignore the GI Joe brand outside of whatever bolster the movie series might provide.

#3624 Fortress Ironhold

Fortress Ironhold

Blasphemer

• Banned
  • 20567 posts

Posted 03 January 2014 - 09:00 PM

That price is a huge problem.  It needs to get back down to $5-7.  That's why most Wal-Marts still carry The Corps but you'll be extremely lucky to see any Joe product.  

Dropping articulation didn't exactly help anything since that's what Joe's known for and always has been.  Keep the scale and the articulation, cut the (frankly, in many cases ridiculous) amount of accessories and the paint applications.  No, pockets and strap buckles don't need to be painted, nor do uniforms need drybrushing and ink washes.  Stop treating everything like a superhero line where every wave needs a new Duke and Snake Eyes... which tend to just sit on the shelves.  I know retailers love the superhero model, but it kills G. I. Joe, since part of Joe's appeal was in building an army of little guys to fight another army of little guys who weren't all the same guy.  

Ignore the collectors that ask for remakes of the same figures over and over because the prior version was one shade of olive drab off or something.

Try new things.  Put the usual Joe regulars on the sidelines and make a new cast.  Set aside Cobra for a while and pull up something else threatening.  Stop banking on existing characters and make kids love the new ones by either using the fiction to make them compelling characters or just having them look very cool.

Get rid of Darryl DePriest.  If he's the only one keeping the line alive, then it needs to go on hiatus for a while till there's a project lead who can do something other than exhibit a terrible case of Running the Asylum.

Leave the collector market stuff to the Club where it belongs and innovate at the mass market level.  That idea from one of the RoC vehicle guys about vehicles interlocking or interacting with each other?  Use that.  Stop trying to be (sometimes painfully) realistic and go back to the fantastic that's part of A Real American Hero's foundation whether collectors like it or not... because it's not just for them.

Here's how I see it.

Each year would have 3 - 4 waves of figures, with each wave being 6 dudes.

Two of the six would be "big names". Two would be older characters that have followings but aren't quite so profitable. The other two would be new(er) characters.

For example -

#1: Duke, Cobra Commander, Wet-Suit, Cobra Eel, new Joe, new Cobra

#2: Snake-Eyes, Storm Shadow, Iceberg, Snow Serpent, new Joe, new Cobra

#3: Flint, Destro, Law & Order, Burn-Out, new Joe, new Cobra

#4: Scarlet, Baroness, Rock & Roll, Metal-Head, new Joe, new Cobra

The collectors will be drawn to the older, less-often seen characters. The kids will come for the legacy characters with the big names. The new figures introduced each wave mean new blood for the franchise and new creative opportunities for the folks doing the fiction.

Repaints would be confined to store exclusives, vehicle / play-set pack-ins, and Dollar General packs.

How's this sound?

#3625 NightViper

NightViper

Ehhhhh...

• Retired Staff
  • 42175 posts
  • Faction::RIBFIR

Posted 04 January 2014 - 09:45 AM

I think that despite Hasbro wanting them to be, there just aren't "well-known" Joe characters with most kids. So all those Dukes and Snake Eyes and Storm Shadows aren't really resonating the same as Spider-Man, Iron-Man, Luke Skywalker, and Darth Vader. So they need to stop treating them the same.

What they need is cheap figures with enough variety within a wave to catch a kid's interest in one of the toys. Since that kid probably isn't going to have enough interest in G.I. Joe to ask mommy and daddy to buy the full wave, you have to get tem to buy a single figure first.

Second, they need gimmickry. NOT with the individual figures, but in the vehicles. Make the vehicles actually cool again and get back to them being the main toys of the line with the action figures being cheap add-ons to the vehicles. I'm looking at those Marvel Mash-Up figures and thinking "What if they hollowed those out and made them mech-suits for the action figures?" Swappable limbs, buildable bots...That's sorta what what kids want these days - They want their toys to DO something. They're not looking for an action figure that they rip out of the package and then it just sits there. They need something that captures their attention span and draws them away from electronics. They want to build, interact, and use their creativity in ways other than just "This guy runs at that guy and they 'shoot'." Because they have video games where they can do that all day long.

They also need to actually market what the toy does. Go back to the old caption bursts if they have to. Just get away from treating the toy box like a piece of art. If I was a kid and I looked at a GI Joe vehicle box, I'd glance at it for a few second, wonder "but what does it DO?" and then lose interest. Even as an adult I look at GI Joe packaging and think the same thing. You have a marketing department, use it! Slather the front of that box with as many bullet points about why I should buy this product as you can.

Same goes for the figures. If articulation is as big of a seller of the toys as we're thinking here in this thread, why do none of the toys say "Super-Articulation!" "Over 15 (making the number up) points of articulation!" "More playability than any other military action figure!" But I look at the actual packaging and it's...blegh. It's bland, it's boring. It tells me nothing about why I want this figure. There's not even a picture of the character in a fantasy situation that makes me think "Oh crap! Look at that! I need that toy if that's what the guy does!" There's just nothing there.

Edited by NightViper, 04 January 2014 - 09:54 AM.

#3626 lastmaximal

lastmaximal

Cyber Key Power...linx!

• Staff
  • 14043 posts
  • Faction::Minicon

Posted 04 January 2014 - 10:04 AM

After the last few years, I honestly don't care about collectors' expectations [or my own, as one of them] anymore.

I have my Sci-Fi and other childhood favorites revisited, and have enough figures/parts on the secondary market and moderate painting skills to my own satisfaction that I can whip up whatever else I might want. I'm not just okay with change, I'm EAGER for it now -- forget the damn collectors and their whining and do what you have to do to make this interesting again.

It's time to Beast Wars the whole thing and give it the shot in the arm that it needs.

SO OKAY IT'S AVERAGE
Virtually every custom as good as the title suggests!
SoOkayItsAverage.2.gif

#3627 NICK NEMESIS

NICK NEMESIS

Www.scatterville.com

• Supporter
  • 16848 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 04 January 2014 - 05:53 PM

Something new would go a long way. Hell, just splinter cobra a bit and give us new groups. Robots, ninjas, zombies, and then joes who specialize in battling them. This way you know who is supposed to fight who, but because the robots and zombies aren't on the same team, they can even battle each other. Basically, just be creative and design cool toys. As much as I love the crimson guard, no kid is gonna care about lawyer soldiers, but even if they did the new crimson guard doesn't even mention that in his bio. How stupid.
Http://www.scatterville.com

#3628 Kup

Kup
  • Supporter
  • 3003 posts
  • Faction::Autobot

Posted 04 January 2014 - 06:29 PM

Just wanted to share these two pictures from the party. The kid had a blast!

Attached Thumbnails

• image.jpg
  • image.jpg

"Someone once told me that Time is a predator that stalked us all our lives, but I'd rather believe that Time is a companion who goes with us on the journey, and reminds us to cherish every moment -- because they'll never come again."

#3629 Fortress Ironhold

Fortress Ironhold

Blasphemer

• Banned
  • 20567 posts

Posted 04 January 2014 - 07:01 PM

Something new would go a long way. Hell, just splinter cobra a bit and give us new groups. Robots, ninjas, zombies, and then joes who specialize in battling them. This way you know who is supposed to fight who, but because the robots and zombies aren't on the same team, they can even battle each other. Basically, just be creative and design cool toys. As much as I love the crimson guard, no kid is gonna care about lawyer soldiers, but even if they did the new crimson guard doesn't even mention that in his bio. How stupid.

One thing might be to bring the Dreadnoks back to the fore. Instead of "generic lawyer soldiers", we have a colorful group of mentally-unbalanced criminals who hail from all over the world and are dangerous to everyone due to how unpredictable they are. 

Zartan can easily be redone using clear or even color-change plastic to simulate his various abilities. Road Pig has both his Super Sonic Fighters and (unreleased) Ninja Commandos incarnations that Hasbro can tap. And Burn-Out & Zanya were missed when Hasbro did the boxed set a bit back. That's four Dreadnoks right there, and Hasbro can easily create more.

#3630 NICK NEMESIS

NICK NEMESIS

Www.scatterville.com

• Supporter
  • 16848 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 04 January 2014 - 07:23 PM

I feel we have enough toolings made now that if you package guys like the Dollar General waves, you can get some pretty cool figures out at very minimal cost. Introduce a more expensive pricepoint later and load it up with weapons like they did the last retaliation wave and you can market it as coming with a bonus weapons pack.

Basically, give Joe a basic pricepoint and a deluxe pricepoint if the brand can sustain it. If not, that basic pricepoint should do just fine.

Edited by NICKSAUR, 04 January 2014 - 07:23 PM.

Http://www.scatterville.com

#3631 Luke

Luke
  • Retired Staff
  • 15021 posts
  • Faction::Cannonball's Pirate Crew

Posted 04 January 2014 - 09:45 PM

And Burn-Out & Zanya were missed when Hasbro did the boxed set a bit back.

No they weren't.

#3632 lastmaximal

lastmaximal

Cyber Key Power...linx!

• Staff
  • 14043 posts

Posted 04 January 2014 - 10:59 PM

Retaliation had a good take for Zartan. I'd skip the special-plastic idea and just give him two to three alternate heads [generic male heads would be fine, no Snake Eyes or Storm Shadow heads]. I don't really know that kids today are going to go ape over color-change plastic on a figure's face.

Dreadnoks in general I think are best served in small doses. For all intents and purposes, they're a biker gang, and no matter how many psychoses and whatnot you shovel in there they're only going to get so far. And come on, FI. Using this as an excuse to wring more 'classic' decos out of them, yet again, is a bit of a silly idea that IMO misses the point of what we're discussing. Although at this stage I shouldn't be surprised to keep seeing suggestions along those lines.

If GI Joe is to be re-envisioned I'd really push the comicbookyness [?] of it all and minimize or drop the traditional army angle except for one or two characters and/or part of the background structure. Like it or not, this is just not an era when soldiers and armies are things that interest kids [and I'm honestly totally okay with that]. I'm all too tired of the too-common fan handwringing about whether or not this gun is a real-life gun or whether or not this balaclava or BDU is real-life-soldier-acccurate.

Cobra should also go the same route. Definitely explore the science fiction and science fantasy of it all. Let's have some fun specialization. Less focus on lawyer/accountant soldiers and "warrant officers", like kids could give a damn about what that is anyway.

And I'm all for pushing more entertaining vehicles! I couldn't care less about whether or not vehicle x resembles a real-life plane down to the last aileron. I don't see that ever being a crucial selling point. Make it all MASK-style and you're on, man.

SO OKAY IT'S AVERAGE
SoOkayItsAverage.2.gif

#3633 Betty Nor

Betty Nor
  • Citizen
  • 7695 posts

Posted 04 January 2014 - 11:52 PM

Honestly, I think G.I. Joe has had a good run, but needs to be retired.  Hasbro ought to come out with a new line of 3 3/4" action figures that, for all intents and purposes, use the G.I. Joe figure tooling, just is not based in the G.I. Joe mythos or military/combat theme.  Pick a theme that grabs what's left of the children's toy market, whether it be similar to Dino Riders, MASK, Exo-Squad, Space Exploration, or something completely new-fangled.  It just needs to sell.

Then, as a treat to older Joe fans, release an occasional "Joe" character within the line much like Hasbro did with the Matt Trakker figure. 

I look at the Jurassic Park pack-in figures that came on G.I. Joe bucks, and those seem more appealing to me by themselves than another rendition of Snake-Eyes or Duke.

I really enjoy the new Joe style of figures, but I'm sorely burnt out on bolstering my Joe/Cobra ranks.  My collection is begging for some new blood.

Edited by Betty Nor, 04 January 2014 - 11:53 PM.

#3634 Sean Whitmore

Sean Whitmore
  • Citizen
  • 7926 posts

Posted 05 January 2014 - 12:02 AM

If GI Joe is to be re-envisioned I'd really push the comicbookyness [?] of it all and minimize or drop the traditional army angle except for one or two characters and/or part of the background structure. Like it or not, this is just not an era when soldiers and armies are things that interest kids

I dunno, if I were at Hasbro, I'd probably be going to the video game people and saying, "Those Call of Duty type games are popular among the kids, right? Can we rip them off somehow? Why aren't we ripping them off right now?"

PSN: SeanWhitmore

Switch: SW-7452-6932-0513

3DS: 0490-6399-8582

I did a new video thing:
https://www.allspark.com/forums/topic/159447-whos-the-right-arm/

#3635 lastmaximal

lastmaximal

Cyber Key Power...linx!

• Staff
  • 14043 posts

Posted 05 January 2014 - 12:16 AM

Those are popular with kids? If they are, I suspect it may have more to do with the energetic, collaborative shoot-em-up nature of the game than the fact that it has soldiers.

SO OKAY IT'S AVERAGE
SoOkayItsAverage.2.gif

#3636 Sean Whitmore

Sean Whitmore
  • Citizen
  • 7926 posts

Posted 05 January 2014 - 12:27 AM

True, but if a good, competitive video game clone could get kids talking about "Tiger Force" and "Python Patrol" the way they do about different types of Pokemon, that'd be a heckuva victory right here.

I did a new video thing:

#3637 Luke

Luke
  • Retired Staff
  • 15021 posts
  • Faction::Cannonball's Pirate Crew

Posted 05 January 2014 - 01:20 AM

As sick to death as I am of ninjas, I could see an Assassin's Creed knockoff about the Arashikage ninja clan doing pretty good, and I certainly wouldn't complain if it brought some attention and money to the brand.

And I've been saying for years that a good RPG game with GI Joes would go over pretty well. The format is already about assembling and developing the special skills of a group of characters as you go through a story felling many generic bad guys and a bunch of overwhelming bosses. It's really ready-made for GI Joe's huge assortment of characters, vehicles, and locales. Maybe even pull from the Marvel Alliance format of "action RPG", complete with skins that multiply the available characters. Get people to realize that the cast and the mythos are way bigger than they know, get them hooked on it and then remind them that comics and toys are out there.

(you could apply all that to Transformers too, but one thing at a time)

#3638 Sean Whitmore

Sean Whitmore
  • Citizen
  • 7926 posts

Posted 05 January 2014 - 02:34 AM

It almost seems like Hasbro could put out an entire line of games, just based on aping popular franchises. Military Joe as Call of Duty, Sci Fi Joe as Contra, Assassin's Creed with Arashikage, Snake Eyes solo game ala Metal Gear Solid, a Tomb Raider knockoff starring Recondo or something, GTA with the Dreadnoks...hell, even a cutesy animal game with Timber and the other pets.

I did a new video thing:

#3639 lastmaximal

lastmaximal

Cyber Key Power...linx!

• Staff
  • 14043 posts

Posted 05 January 2014 - 03:52 AM

Scratch everything else.

GI Joe as Contra.

That'll do.

SO OKAY IT'S AVERAGE
SoOkayItsAverage.2.gif

#3640 Dake

Dake

Resident resident

• Supporter
  • 18795 posts

Posted 05 January 2014 - 08:00 AM

I don't know why they couldn't work in a Skylanders type of game play (since that seems to be the big thing right now).  Something that has an interactive component that works alongside a video game.  Could you imagine how cool it would be to have not just figures that powered up while working together but also vehicles?  Put Duke in a Skystriker and you get a capable fighter; put Ace in it though and it gains extra maneuverability in combat.  Things like that.

Then we'd still get the figures but the kids would get the multi-tiered play they want.

8ZSy6aw.jpg

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users