Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  Donocropolis : (23 April 2021 - 06:59 AM)

more like Saint GORGEOUS Day.

@  tigerhawk : (23 April 2021 - 04:59 AM)

Saint Georges Day.

@  Sabrblade : (21 April 2021 - 11:55 PM)

Glenn Morshower would agree. He goes to auditions with his shoes full of syrup.

@  wonko the sane? : (21 April 2021 - 04:28 PM)

Please, maple syrup can only improve alot of content.

@  Donocropolis : (21 April 2021 - 03:33 PM)

Well, not release it into Canada, no. You'd just get maple syrup all over it.

@  TM2-Megatron : (21 April 2021 - 03:21 PM)

what bothers me most about Canadian rights is that, oftentimes, the rights holders for certain content don't even seem to have any interest in releasing it

@  NotVeryKnightly : (21 April 2021 - 10:46 AM)

It'd be mostly the same even in a world with global copyright law, since even the shortest terms are very long.

@  wonko the sane? : (21 April 2021 - 10:39 AM)

You got me, I just want to watch cartoons without having to pirate them for once.

@  NotVeryKnightly : (21 April 2021 - 08:41 AM)

Also, how would copyright law standardization be enforced? I doubt any country's governments would be eager to start trade sanctions over it.

@  NotVeryKnightly : (21 April 2021 - 08:40 AM)

Even if the laws were standardized, none of the shows discussed earlier would be in public domain.

@  wonko the sane? : (21 April 2021 - 08:27 AM)

We have a global medium in which access is classified as a human right: why are we still implementing regional standards to something that completely defies borders.

@  wonko the sane? : (21 April 2021 - 08:23 AM)

Which is another problem: no standardization of rules and requirements.

@  NotVeryKnightly : (21 April 2021 - 07:54 AM)

But they're not public domain...? It's usually something like author's life + several decades to become public domain.

@  wonko the sane? : (21 April 2021 - 07:43 AM)

Which is my problem: why are they still upholding broadcast restrictions for an entirely different medium on 30 year old and older content that's fallen into public domain?

@  TM2-Megatron : (20 April 2021 - 10:29 PM)

There are a lot of titles that the distribution rights are a little wonky for in Canada, particularly from certain studios, like Lionsgate

@  TM2-Megatron : (20 April 2021 - 10:28 PM)

Unfortunately the little guys probably don't have much choice but to do what the big guys tell them to do

@  wonko the sane? : (20 April 2021 - 10:22 PM)

Tubi is pretty awesome in Canada too, but you guys keep popping up with titles we just arbitrarily don't get cause... Canada. Even though it's entirely on the internet.

@  Steevy Maximus : (20 April 2021 - 10:01 PM)

Don’t get me wrong, TM2-Megatron, there’s plenty of that too. Full Moon Pictures has a good chunk of their library on there along with Shout Factory

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (20 April 2021 - 09:52 PM)

Tubi is pretty awesome actually. Has a lot of old Hasbro Shows. Has Kamen Rider 71 and Kuuga, has a bunch of Sentai... at least in the US.

@  Telly : (20 April 2021 - 09:40 PM)

they arent all that bad. theyve got old mst3k and lots of 80s cartoons. last i checked anyway. had gi joe, vehicle voltron, cops, some transformers i think and subbed original captain harlock even

@  TM2-Megatron : (20 April 2021 - 08:56 PM)

I've seen the icon on my Roku; always assumed it was just a slightly "classier" version of those bottom-of-the-barrel trash free streaming services that offer VHS transfers of the very worst the 70s and 80s had to offer

@  TM2-Megatron : (20 April 2021 - 08:55 PM)

isn't tubitv one of those free services?

@  wonko the sane? : (20 April 2021 - 08:54 PM)

And I agree with you in principal, but tubi is neither canadian (or is it? *checks* nope.) nor an internet service provider. Don't get me wrong: rogers, telus, bell, et al. are all part of the problem, but not my current or specific problem.

@  TM2-Megatron : (20 April 2021 - 08:50 PM)

I wasn't talking about Bell or Rogers as ISPs, but as media providers. Sadly, the same companies that sell us the internet also happen to be broadcasting titans that own the distribution rights for most popular content

@  wonko the sane? : (20 April 2021 - 06:16 PM)

While I agree with you in principal: the problem here isn't the internet service providers. Though the onus of fixing it as a systemic problem is probably on them.

@  TM2-Megatron : (20 April 2021 - 03:16 PM)

then how would honest Canadian companies like Rogers or Bell be able to overcharge you for content, or not even make the content available in your region for varied and unknowable reasons?

@  wonko the sane? : (20 April 2021 - 02:33 PM)

It's on the internet, but the internet is being treated like it's regional. It doesn't matter that I'm in canada, It's the internet. Stop enforcing outdated and completely arbitrary broadcast restrictions on the global telecommunication network.

@  wonko the sane? : (20 April 2021 - 02:32 PM)

Nope, security is not my concern at all.

@  PlutoniumBoss : (20 April 2021 - 01:56 PM)

I mean, if you're not worried about security and just using it to access geolocked content, there are free vpns.

@  wonko the sane? : (20 April 2021 - 11:43 AM)

To watch cartoons on a free streaming program? Might as well write my representative if I have to fix problems other people caused.

@  PlutoniumBoss : (19 April 2021 - 04:47 PM)

Sounds like time for a vpn.

@  wonko the sane? : (19 April 2021 - 10:32 AM)

Aaannndddd no earthworm jim in canada. Thanks outdated broadcast standards.

@  TheMightyMol... : (19 April 2021 - 04:30 AM)

Truly the crossover I never knew I needed in my life.

@  Steevy Maximus : (18 April 2021 - 08:39 PM)

Dude! Tubi Tv has the Earthworm Jim cartoon! And Chuck Norris and Denver!

@  Donocropolis : (18 April 2021 - 05:51 PM)

Bianary Breakdown

@  Sabrblade : (18 April 2021 - 04:55 PM)

@  PlutoniumBoss : (18 April 2021 - 02:10 PM)

@  Telly : (18 April 2021 - 02:00 PM)

@  tigerhawk : (17 April 2021 - 03:52 PM)

0118999881999119725 3

@  TheMightyMol... : (17 April 2021 - 06:55 AM)

No, he's just old.

@  wonko the sane? : (17 April 2021 - 06:49 AM)

I think he might have had a stroke...

@  TheMightyMol... : (17 April 2021 - 04:55 AM)

Phrasing!

@  LioConvoy : (16 April 2021 - 11:05 PM)

NEED

@  LioConvoy : (16 April 2021 - 11:04 PM)

BEAST GENERAL

@  Sabrblade : (16 April 2021 - 07:04 PM)

I dunno if to call them the worst salesperson ever or the best.

@  PlutoniumBoss : (16 April 2021 - 01:33 PM)

They must not have really wanted to sell you anything.

@  Sabrblade : (16 April 2021 - 09:19 AM)

This just happened to be the first time one ever gave up and walked away immediately after ringing the bell. Like, no patience at all or something.

@  Sabrblade : (16 April 2021 - 09:17 AM)

Covid didn't stop salespeople from coming to my neighborhood. They are still a consistent annoyance.

@  wonko the sane? : (16 April 2021 - 08:16 AM)

Random like "Why does god allow terrible things?" or random like "You can see them too?!?"?

@  Echowarrior : (16 April 2021 - 07:36 AM)

And yet, I still have to deal with random idiots on the street asking me random questions.

Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

The G.I. Joe Thread

10677 replies to this topic

#10581 Maruten

Maruten
  • Staff
  • 8319 posts
  • Faction::Autobot

Posted 25 February 2021 - 06:12 PM

I saw someone on Facebook say they should be heading in a Chuckles/Last Laugh kind of direction, and that would be amazing. Not as good as a Spirit/Storm Shadow buddy thing, but still awesome. 

This Lady Jaye thing will be fine. Bring it on.

WsuGTl1.jpg

#10582 Blacknife

Blacknife

Never heard of it; never will

• Citizen
  • 6074 posts

Posted 25 February 2021 - 07:24 PM

If this Amazon series is pretty much what I'm expecting, like Joe played straight and actually done with espionage/action adventure mix that's pretty much Captain America: Winter Soldier & Alias  and Joe: Renegades vibes the whole time, I'm here for it. 

Edited by Blacknife, 25 February 2021 - 07:46 PM.

#10583 NICK NEMESIS

NICK NEMESIS
  • Supporter
  • 18449 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 25 February 2021 - 11:17 PM

Yeah, I think choosing Lady Jay for a series lead is pretty incredible. The potential is there.

Also, how many procedural shows could easily be adapted to g.i.joe? Like CBS is full of shows that could literally just be a version of g.i.joe and people love those. I shouldn't have high hopes but I do.
Http://www.scatterville.com

#10584 electricidad

electricidad
  • Citizen
  • 819 posts
  • Faction::Maximal

Posted 28 February 2021 - 09:19 PM

IMG_0789.jpg

Ah, Arctic Storm Shadow. About to slash through a Cobra Trooper. My Storm Shadow has a bit of a floppy torso, but it's not bothered me enough to try to fix it. Yet.

IMG_0790.jpg

Scarlet picked a knife fight with the trooper. She was bored, as she was waiting for the gorilla glue I put on her crossbow to dry. Got sick of the thing falling apart and falling out of her hand. And searching for it on the dark floor.

IMG_0791.jpg

And here's what I'm considering the good guys.

Damn. These are great figures, with some questionable weapon choices. Gung Ho's backpack is meant to hold his weapons, but only securely holds a third of them. Beach Head's rifle is Kia Hamster green. Roadblock's Ma Duece was replaced with a sci-fi tuning fork.

A+ on the figures overall. A lower grade on the weapons.

#10585 Blacknife

Blacknife

Never heard of it; never will

• Citizen
  • 6074 posts

Posted 28 February 2021 - 10:11 PM

Yeah, I think choosing Lady Jay for a series lead is pretty incredible. The potential is there.

Also, how many procedural shows could easily be adapted to g.i.joe? Like CBS is full of shows that could literally just be a version of g.i.joe and people love those. I shouldn't have high hopes but I do.

I'd be here for a   NCIS: Chuckles

#10586 Steevy Maximus

Steevy Maximus

Snarky Siegie

• Citizen
  • 5416 posts
  • Faction::Unicron's Spawn

Posted 28 February 2021 - 10:18 PM

attachicon.gifIMG_0789.jpg

Ah, Arctic Storm Shadow. About to slash through a Cobra Trooper. My Storm Shadow has a bit of a floppy torso, but it's not bothered me enough to try to fix it. Yet.

attachicon.gifIMG_0790.jpg

Scarlet picked a knife fight with the trooper. She was bored, as she was waiting for the gorilla glue I put on her crossbow to dry. Got sick of the thing falling apart and falling out of her hand. And searching for it on the dark floor.

attachicon.gifIMG_0791.jpg

And here's what I'm considering the good guys.

Damn. These are great figures, with some questionable weapon choices. Gung Ho's backpack is meant to hold his weapons, but only securely holds a third of them. Beach Head's rifle is Kia Hamster green. Roadblock's Ma Duece was replaced with a sci-fi tuning fork.

A+ on the figures overall. A lower grade on the weapons.

I'll agree about the secondary accessories.  It's a lost opportunity to add in some of that detail they RELISHED in shoving onto the smaller figure scale.  It's somewhat baffling to me.

I get the sci-fi angle, and while Hasbro seems to insist on calling it some sort of plasma weapon, I won't STOP calling it a big frickin' RAIL GUN.

#10587 Betty Nor

Betty Nor
  • Citizen
  • 7958 posts

Posted 01 March 2021 - 01:36 AM

First, I decided to sell all of my Joes.

Then I decided to keep my RHINO.

Then I decided to keep some of my ROC figures.

Then I decided to buy some new stuff to add to the display.

IMG_7908.jpg

Friggin' rabbit hole.

The Great Purge of 2021 - eBay sales here

Current focus:  GI Joe 2007 - 2013 - Latest listings 17 April 2021

#10588 electricidad

electricidad
  • Citizen
  • 819 posts

Posted 02 March 2021 - 09:05 AM

The Cobra Infantry figure is up on Amazon for pre-order. It's set to drop April 1.

If you missed out, grab it. It's one of the best figures of the Classified line so far, and I suspect it won't be up long before selling out.

#10589 Betty Nor

Betty Nor
  • Citizen
  • 7958 posts

Posted 02 March 2021 - 10:43 AM

Surprisingly, it's been up for nearly a whole day.

Being Amazon, and a 1 April release dates, I feel like I know how that's going to turn out for a lot of buyers.

Zartan was up as well.  I've quit the line so they're passes for me, but I hope the pre-orders go through successfully for those who tried to pick some up.

#10590 LiamA

LiamA
  • Citizen
  • 3467 posts
  • Faction::Autobot

Posted 04 March 2021 - 01:55 PM

I am reading Larry Hama's IDW run of 'A Real American Hero' and how long is it? I am currently on volume 24 of the graphic novels.

#10591 haywire

haywire

Secretly a Gobot in Disguse, don't tell anyone! :)

• Citizen
  • 1497 posts

Posted 04 March 2021 - 02:07 PM

Well, they started at issue 155-1/2 or something, and they're up to 278 or so. Its a pretty long run.

#10592 Steevy Maximus

Steevy Maximus

Snarky Siegie

• Citizen
  • 5416 posts
  • Faction::Unicron's Spawn

Posted 04 March 2021 - 02:55 PM

Hasbro actually updated the GI Joe character list on the official website!  The profiles for Gung Ho, Flint, Lady Jaye and Zartan were updated with art reflective of their new Classified figures.  Of note, Gung Ho and Zartan are sporting slightly different decos than the final figures.  Zartan has a generally brighter color range, and Gung Ho sports a blue vest that is FAR more interesting than the dull final figure.

https://gijoe.hasbro...n-us/characters

#10593 Detour

Detour

Too lazy to change the avatar but Graham Linehan is a sack of sh

• Supporter
  • 20807 posts

Posted 04 March 2021 - 06:41 PM

What a... random assortment.

The Sand Scorpions? Chuckles?

You're far too young to be this bitter and angry at the world....

I'm reading that with Roy's voice. Heck, I read everything you post in a laconic Irish accent.

#10594 Powered Convoy

Powered Convoy

Skywarp Connoisseur

• Retired Staff
  • 68850 posts
  • Faction::RIRFIB

Posted 04 March 2021 - 07:42 PM

I still really want a color changing Zartan with the same plastic as the original.

ACItEK8.png

#10595 haywire

haywire

Secretly a Gobot in Disguse, don't tell anyone! :)

• Citizen
  • 1497 posts

Posted 04 March 2021 - 09:38 PM

Can any Allsparkers help me out? I am in a debate with my brothers over the Tomahawk helicopter. It was one of the vehicles I was given new as a kid. My brothers recently have started restoring some Joe vehicles, and the Tomahawk is one of them.

So, I went to visit them recently, and saw their Tomahawk, and it looks great, but I notice that the cannon under the cockpit doesnt have a tip on the end of the barrels. When I tell them this, they reply that it didnt have one. Yojoe.com and other resources dont show any kind of tip to the cannon. However, the box art and I think the blueprints show a cannon with a pronounced band around the tip of it. And this is how I remember the one I had. Pretty sure it came off the barrel of the cannon, and looked like a bundle of dynamite, and got repurposed as such at some point, but I am almost sure mine had a cannon like in the art.

Now, my Lift-Ticket has managed to survive the years, and something odd about him, he doesnt have a hole for his microphone accessory, and I dont remember him ever having one. And while my memory isnt flawless, its pretty good for toys Ive had and their acessories. I remember a lot of things that got lost pretty quickly, but I have zero memory of a microphone for Lift-Ticket.

So, the question is, is anyone aware of a variant of the Tomahawk helicopter that has a different cannon than the commonly pictured one? Or is my memory just getting corrupted?

#10596 ZacWilliam1

ZacWilliam1
  • Citizen
  • 18548 posts
  • Faction::RIRFIB

Posted 04 March 2021 - 10:14 PM

So... Gung-Ho is a literal mutant who is genetically unable to feel fear? Is that something they just made up for these new website bios or a weird old piece of lore I somehow missed during my childhood?

-ZacWilliam, I'm fine with weird science in Joe, I prefer it, I just never expected Gung-Ho of all people to be tied into some.

Edited by ZacWilliam1, 04 March 2021 - 10:15 PM.

Ever wonder about the speed of Turbofoxes?
Or the proverbial ailerons of Titanium Moosebots?

*Visit the one and only Cybertronic Bestiary.
For a mechazoologic tour of the mechanimals of Cybertron.

#10597 Detour

Detour

Too lazy to change the avatar but Graham Linehan is a sack of sh

• Supporter
  • 20807 posts

Posted 04 March 2021 - 11:29 PM

Can any Allsparkers help me out? I am in a debate with my brothers over the Tomahawk helicopter. It was one of the vehicles I was given new as a kid. My brothers recently have started restoring some Joe vehicles, and the Tomahawk is one of them.

So, I went to visit them recently, and saw their Tomahawk, and it looks great, but I notice that the cannon under the cockpit doesnt have a tip on the end of the barrels. When I tell them this, they reply that it didnt have one. Yojoe.com and other resources dont show any kind of tip to the cannon. However, the box art and I think the blueprints show a cannon with a pronounced band around the tip of it. And this is how I remember the one I had. Pretty sure it came off the barrel of the cannon, and looked like a bundle of dynamite, and got repurposed as such at some point, but I am almost sure mine had a cannon like in the art.

Now, my Lift-Ticket has managed to survive the years, and something odd about him, he doesnt have a hole for his microphone accessory, and I dont remember him ever having one. And while my memory isnt flawless, its pretty good for toys Ive had and their acessories. I remember a lot of things that got lost pretty quickly, but I have zero memory of a microphone for Lift-Ticket.

So, the question is, is anyone aware of a variant of the Tomahawk helicopter that has a different cannon than the commonly pictured one? Or is my memory just getting corrupted?

I have never seen a Lift-Ticket with no mic-hole, and a few of them passed through my hands.

You're misremembering the gun tip. The instructions make no mention of such a separate piece.

You're far too young to be this bitter and angry at the world....

I'm reading that with Roy's voice. Heck, I read everything you post in a laconic Irish accent.

#10598 lastmaximal

lastmaximal

Cyber Key Power...linx!

• Staff
  • 15013 posts
  • Faction::Minicon

Posted 13 March 2021 - 01:13 PM

Recently tried getting back into customizing at the 3.75 scale, and thought I'd look for some of the latter 50th stuff I'd missed out on at the time. And good cripes is everything expensive now. Been a few years since I last really got into these, so this is a shame.

SO OKAY IT'S AVERAGE
Virtually every custom as good as the title suggests!
SoOkayItsAverage.2.gif

#10599 Dake

Dake

Resident resident

• Supporter
  • 20334 posts

Posted 13 March 2021 - 09:59 PM

Who are you looking for?

8ZSy6aw.jpg

#10600 Betty Nor

Betty Nor
  • Citizen
  • 7958 posts

Posted 14 March 2021 - 01:37 AM

Yeah, I've been surprised at the amount of demand for even the more recent RoC+ waves of Joes.  I haven't even gotten to my "good" classic stuff yet.

Reply to this topic

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users