Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  TheMightyMol... : (28 February 2021 - 09:39 AM)

The US election? *rimshot*

@  Paladin : (28 February 2021 - 09:19 AM)

WHICH 2016 clown panic?

@  NotVeryKnightly : (28 February 2021 - 07:22 AM)

Didn't that come right after the 2016 clown panic? No way to make clowns not disturbing at the time, surely.

@  PlutoniumBoss : (28 February 2021 - 04:26 AM)

The clown guise is supposed to lure kids in, it's no good if it looks sus in one glance.

@  PlutoniumBoss : (28 February 2021 - 04:15 AM)

The new one tries too hard to be unsettling from the start. Curry's look is just a plain old clown, until he very much is not.

@  PlutoniumBoss : (28 February 2021 - 04:14 AM)

And Curry has a far more disturbing look at times than the newbie.

@  Sabrblade : (28 February 2021 - 02:22 AM)

And the original was a showcase of Tim Curry's delightfulness as an actor. 'Nuff said.

@  unluckiness : (27 February 2021 - 10:19 PM)

first one was a decent horror flick but the second was a mess plotwise and even the scares were worse

@  tigerhawk : (27 February 2021 - 04:57 PM)

Never understood the hype for the IT movies, too many floppy zombie chases, They're not in the least unsettling.

@  Maruten : (25 February 2021 - 06:00 PM)

It's better than the last one!

@  Steevy Maximus : (25 February 2021 - 11:30 AM)

The new Wizards of the Coast logo looks stupid

@  Steevy Maximus : (25 February 2021 - 11:29 AM)

It's really rather shocking watching the Investor Day presentation and seeing how much Hasbro actually owns now.

@  -LittleAutob... : (25 February 2021 - 10:26 AM)

If everyone had COMMON SENSE, then things would maybe go a little better-

@  repowers : (24 February 2021 - 05:33 PM)

If everyone would just have the exact same opinions as me then we wouldn't have this problem

@  Kalidor : (24 February 2021 - 01:49 PM)

It just depends on what it is. It is preferable to take it to P&R though. But sometimes current news as it's happening is less restrictive.

@  fourteenwings : (24 February 2021 - 12:18 AM)

Huh, good point (x3)

@  ▲ndrusi : (23 February 2021 - 11:46 AM)

Yeah. 1. People treat it like Twitter. 2. There's no "take it to P&R" since there's no P&R for the Shoutbox. 3. There's similarly no way to avoid either subjects or people in the Shoutbox since there's no division and it doesn't respect the ignore function, so people end up engaging when they normally wouldn't.

@  fourteenwings : (23 February 2021 - 10:56 AM)

Is there something about the Shoutbox that just means we get politics taking over the thing at least once a week?

@  wonko the sane? : (23 February 2021 - 08:26 AM)

At least your government is willing to talk about the collapsing medicare system. In quebec, their ignoring it in favour of talking about language again! Oh, and unconstitutionally denying access to eduction.

@  Shockwave 75 : (23 February 2021 - 07:52 AM)

At least here in my home province of Ontario we have a conservative gov't who doesn't want to cuz $$$$, but the argument is that they'll end up paying in medical care anyways for those sick people so why not?

@  Shockwave 75 : (23 February 2021 - 07:51 AM)

We have paid sick leave here in Canada too, but it's not very much and not everyone has it. So we're trying to get the gov't to extend it, and give it to everyone.

@  Nevermore : (23 February 2021 - 02:23 AM)

The only reason people still go to work despite being sick is because they feel emotionally obliged to serve their employer.

@  Nevermore : (23 February 2021 - 02:20 AM)

Some people abuse the system by somehow getting sick with a different plague every five weeks.

@  Nevermore : (23 February 2021 - 02:20 AM)

Those six weeks are out of the employer's pocket by legal mandate. If you're still sick after those six weeks, the health insurance company takes over the payment.

@  Nevermore : (23 February 2021 - 02:19 AM)

That's the good thing in Germany - we have legally mandated paid sick days. Six weeks (!) for a single cause (consecutive or recurring, as long as it's the same cause; reinfections long after the fact don't count), Everytime the employee gets sick with a new cause, another six weeks start.

@  tigerhawk : (22 February 2021 - 04:48 PM)

That's how my family got sick, my brothers a teacher, he has a class for expelled students, they gave full attendance these past few lockdowns out of sheer boredom, they can turn in sick and break isolation and he nor the other staff, who also got sick, couldn't do anything about it.

@  TM2-Megatron : (22 February 2021 - 03:03 PM)

Yeah, pretty sure the only reason people don't stay home when they're sick is that the vast majority of society lives paycheque to paycheque, and they can't afford even one missed day of work.

@  -LittleAutob... : (22 February 2021 - 11:27 AM)

That's unfortunate... I know masks can be annoying, but I think not being able to breath comfortably for a while is better than actually having the virus and not being able to breath at all. bUt Oh, pEoPLe dOn'T bELiVe ThE dAmN vIrUs Is rEaL

@  wonko the sane? : (22 February 2021 - 08:28 AM)

Hahahaha! Oh, you're serious. Yeah, no one is going to do that. Far too many are in positions where they simply cannot afford the time off, and most of the rest are the kind who won't wear the mask in a global pandemic, never mind when they alone have the sniffles.

@  Shockwave 75 : (22 February 2021 - 08:20 AM)

I just hope a take-away from this will be for people to stay home when they're sick, and if they have to go out, wear a mask so as not to spread their illness.

@  TM2-Megatron : (21 February 2021 - 08:25 PM)

I think it's mostly the masking that's kept the flu season down so much, and that's unlikely to be kept up for that long. I'm sure there'll be some people who keep wearing masks for years after this, but I suspect a larger number are anticipating people able to toss them once vaccinations are complete.

@  wonko the sane? : (21 February 2021 - 05:27 PM)

Same in canada. Doctors report it to be basically non-existant. I kinda hope they keep some stuff up after everyone is vaccinated. Like hand sanitizer at store entrances, and actually cleaning the shopping carts.

@  tigerhawk : (21 February 2021 - 05:17 PM)

On the plus side cold and flu cases are down 80% this winter thanks to lockdowns, or at least that's the case in the UK.

@  Hg Dragon : (21 February 2021 - 04:37 PM)

This is quite possibly the most miserable i have ever felt.

@  Hg Dragon : (21 February 2021 - 04:37 PM)

i'll be nice and not bypass the cupcake monkey, but COVID can *bleep* itself in the *bleeping* *bleeper* with a *bleeping* cactus.

@  tigerhawk : (21 February 2021 - 02:39 AM)

He only appeared the once in the US comics and got one follow up in the UK comic. He never suffered badass decay like Omega Supreme and the combiners.

@  Rycochet : (19 February 2021 - 05:15 PM)

Trypticon's debut issues in the marvel comic were the absolute best 'To sell a toy' comics of the book.

@  tigerhawk : (19 February 2021 - 03:04 AM)

Then the audience goes "This was a stealth Transformers film wannit!"

@  tigerhawk : (19 February 2021 - 03:03 AM)

Godzilla vs Trypticon, co written by Christina Hobson and Max Borenstein.

@  Bass X0 : (19 February 2021 - 01:36 AM)

I now want G1 Grimlock to transform into Mecha Godzilla.

@  Steevy Maximus : (17 February 2021 - 04:23 PM)

I preferred Rush when Midway made it.

@  Bass X0 : (17 February 2021 - 03:13 PM)

The best Rush comes from Canada.

@  ▲ndrusi : (17 February 2021 - 02:54 PM)

In *other* wonderful and fantastic news, guess whose Kingdom Cheetor and Paleotrex FINALLY arrived today?

@  Bass X0 : (16 February 2021 - 03:07 PM)

yeah, its a good show. watch as much as you can.

@  tigerhawk : (16 February 2021 - 04:58 AM)

Goodnight Sweethearts turned out to be a gem, I only knew Nicholas Lyndhurst in Only Fools and Horses but never saw this show before.

@  Bass X0 : (15 February 2021 - 04:07 PM)

Then we got Ultra Magnus, Fortress Maximus, Dai Atlas, Megatron, Galvatron, Starscream, Thundercracker, Skywarp and Banzai-Tron in Alternity...

@  Sabrblade : (15 February 2021 - 12:04 PM)

Heh, that new Binaltech comic that Ichikawa wrote for one of the Japanese Generations books even had the other Dinobots make fun of Grimlock for his "Autobot Car" body.

@  wonko the sane? : (15 February 2021 - 12:03 PM)

They got that rescue bot grimlock that turns into a motorcycle. That's... pretty neat...

@  Otaku : (15 February 2021 - 11:35 AM)

Just to make Grimlock feel more "wrong", they even highlight how his character just seems ill-suited for a sports car alternate mode in his own backstory.  Hindsight is 20/20, so I now wish they'd made a T-rex that transformed into a sportscar.  Still probably would have been as much or more of a pain to transform, but at least it'd feel more like Grimlock. :D

@  Rycochet : (13 February 2021 - 04:39 PM)

Some Alternators were fine, then you have Grimlock/Wheeljack, with three transformers worth of fiddly and a giant buttflap.

Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

The G.I. Joe Thread

10586 replies to this topic

#10521 Dake

Dake

Resident resident

• Supporter
  • 20225 posts

Posted 14 January 2021 - 01:52 PM

An out of town friend asked for a tour of my Joe collection, and I figured some folks might enjoy it here.

Edited by Dake, 14 January 2021 - 01:52 PM.

8ZSy6aw.jpg

#10522 Dr Syn

Dr Syn

C-Cobra Commander Senpai...

• Citizen
  • 2949 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 14 January 2021 - 08:50 PM

An out of town friend asked for a tour of my Joe collection, and I figured some folks might enjoy it here.

That's some serious G.I JOE-age. 

Photobucket blows chunks

#10523 LBD "Nytetrayn"

LBD "Nytetrayn"

Quyzbuk

• Supporter
  • 19143 posts
  • Faction::Autobot

Posted 15 January 2021 - 08:33 AM

Well, Wal-mart has actually shipped my Retro collection Scarlett. Do we want to take bets on what's actually in the box before it arrives? 

Some shoes, a package of Handi-Snacks with one segment broken off, and three cans of liver-flavored cat food, with at least one torn label among them.

--LBD "Nytetrayn"

qjWUWdm.gif1edr1cF.gif0g9jaoG.gifuWt4fLV.gif

#10524 NICK NEMESIS

NICK NEMESIS
  • Supporter
  • 18342 posts

Posted 15 January 2021 - 09:22 AM

I really appreciate you sharing this. It's absolutely wonderful. Every section and every scene you created makes the entire display come to life. I also love the non Joe's you utilized, that fit right in and am particularly pumped with the amenities you included, like the cots, dojo mats, the dreadnoks garage and so much more...its awesome.

Very cool.
Http://www.scatterville.com

#10525 Betty Nor

Betty Nor
  • Citizen
  • 7936 posts

Posted 15 January 2021 - 10:01 AM

Ermahgerd - Die Hard cameo.

That video really gives me pause on purging my Joe collection.  I forget how much I like them.

Fantastic display.

The Great Purge of 2021 - eBay sales here

Current focus:  GI Joe Rise of Cobra - Latest listings 27 FEB 2021

#10526 Dake

Dake

Resident resident

• Supporter
  • 20225 posts

Posted 15 January 2021 - 10:30 AM

Well, Wal-mart has actually shipped my Retro collection Scarlett. Do we want to take bets on what's actually in the box before it arrives? 

Some shoes, a package of Handi-Snacks with one segment broken off, and three cans of liver-flavored cat food, with at least one torn label among them.

--LBD "Nytetrayn"

It actually turned out to be.... Scarlett! I was as surprised as you! :D

I really appreciate you sharing this. It's absolutely wonderful. Every section and every scene you created makes the entire display come to life. I also love the non Joe's you utilized, that fit right in and am particularly pumped with the amenities you included, like the cots, dojo mats, the dreadnoks garage and so much more...its awesome.

Very cool.

Thanks. It's been fun setting it up and adding to it in bits and pieces over the last couple of years. This is basically what I used to do as a kid with my toys, taken to its "ultimate form". 

Ermahgerd - Die Hard cameo.

That video really gives me pause on purging my Joe collection.  I forget how much I like them.

Fantastic display.

"Come out to Cobra Island... We'll get together, have a few laughs..."

Yeah. I sold nearly my entire collection back in 2004-5 with the exception of the X-19 (I just had a feeling it would be tough to find again), Tactical Battle Platform, and my hundred or so ARAH figures that weren't vehicle drivers. I mostly resisted the various lines after that up until the 25th Anniversary happened and then I was right back into it. It gets frustrating to have the collection in bins, and for the longest time at the old house, all I could have was the Terrordrome and Headquarters out on display. I eventually put that away when my wife began using the office again and I wanted her to have some more space of her own.

When we were house shopping, one of our priorities was to be able to have a toy room for me, so I know just how fortunate I am when we got this place. By the same token, I've sold vast swathes of my collection before and I know I'd do it again if I needed to because I try to remember it's supposed to be a fun hobby. All that is to say, you have to do what you need to for your own mental health. Whether it's keep or sell, it's all good.

8ZSy6aw.jpg

#10527 Dr Syn

Dr Syn

• Citizen
  • 2949 posts

Posted 17 January 2021 - 06:42 AM

Let's just say I really like the Retro Collection Scarlett's head...

50844635147_2973fa732f_b.jpg

50844635097_5806f622b3_c.jpg

And since I'm a total maniac, I modified the necks to work with the Vitruvian H.A.C.K.S female neck joints.

50844552796_4f8a814dcd_c.jpg

Photobucket blows chunks

#10528 NICK NEMESIS

NICK NEMESIS
  • Supporter
  • 18342 posts

Posted 17 January 2021 - 09:52 AM

Looking solid. That third Scarlett is pretty great.
Http://www.scatterville.com

#10529 Autobot Bubbs

Autobot Bubbs

Professional procrastinator

• Citizen
  • 5533 posts
  • Faction::Autobot

Posted 17 January 2021 - 12:09 PM

Wish I could get a Retro Scarlett. :(

spoilers are a stabbing weight upon my soul.... crushing it into a dark existential nothingness

#10530 Dake

Dake

Resident resident

• Supporter
  • 20225 posts

Posted 17 January 2021 - 02:13 PM

Let's just say I really like the Retro Collection Scarlett's head...

That's because it's the best pony-tailed Scarlett head we've had. Pilot Scarlett was good, as was Renegades', but this beats 'em all.

But yeah - I hope she eventually shows up in higher numbers for folks.

8ZSy6aw.jpg

#10531 ZacWilliam1

ZacWilliam1
  • Citizen
  • 18440 posts
  • Faction::RIRFIB

Posted 18 January 2021 - 12:37 PM

Found two Firefly's at Target in Manchester Ct this morning. Bought 1.

-ZacWilliam, no sign of any Vipers or new TFs
Ever wonder about the speed of Turbofoxes?
Or the proverbial ailerons of Titanium Moosebots?

*Visit the one and only Cybertronic Bestiary.
For a mechazoologic tour of the mechanimals of Cybertron.

#10532 Zillatron

Zillatron

Lord of the Energon Harvest

• Citizen
  • 6431 posts
  • Faction::Unicron's Spawn

Posted 18 January 2021 - 03:30 PM

Found two Firefly's at Target in Manchester Ct this morning. Bought 1.

-ZacWilliam, no sign of any Vipers or new TFs

Same thing at one of my local Targets. It's probably because the new Joe's are shipping in solid boxes of each figure and the different boxes aren't showing up at the same time.

Well, Art is Art, isn't it? Still, on the other hand, water is water. And east is east and west is west and if you take cranberries and stew them like applesauce they taste much more like prunes than rhubarb does. Now you tell me what you know.

Groucho Marx

#10533 Powered Convoy

Powered Convoy

Skywarp Connoisseur

• Retired Staff
  • 68586 posts

Posted 19 January 2021 - 11:05 PM

Flame Toys has the G.i. Joe license and is doing a Hito Kara Kuri Snake Eyes (high end figure) and Furai Models of Snake Eyes and Storm Shadow.
https://twitter.com/...6108716033?s=19
https://twitter.com/...2815408129?s=19

ACItEK8.png

#10534 electricidad

electricidad
  • Citizen
  • 782 posts
  • Faction::Maximal

Posted 26 January 2021 - 10:21 AM

Broke down and slapped a bid on a Firefly on ebay this morning. As much as I like the Fortnite Havoc, the reviews I saw won me over. I'd like to have the Classified Firefly in-hand. Even if it's double the retail price after shipping.

There is NO WAY I'm paying the scalper price for the Viper, though. $100? No. Thank you.

#10535 Steevy Maximus

Steevy Maximus

Snarky Siegie

• Citizen
  • 5320 posts

Posted 26 January 2021 - 01:42 PM

Hasbro's been doing good by me with Star Wars and Transformers and reissuing/rerunning older toys.  So I'm willing to play the long game and hope for rerun or reissue.  Might take another year, but I have no doubt we'll see these characters get a new run or reworked retail release.

#10536 ZacWilliam1

ZacWilliam1
  • Citizen
  • 18440 posts

Posted 26 January 2021 - 11:17 PM

So far I've bought :

Beachhead
Ninja Force Storm Shadow
Destro
Firefly
and I have a pre-order on Zartan

Going forward though I have a hard time being really excited about the line. Ithink my biggest problem is all the G.I. Joes I actually care about are not exactly the marquee names. I went through Yo-Joe.com's toy archive and here are the Joes I'd want to own because they were the ones I loved as a kid:

Tripwire
Recondo
Airtight
Sci-fi
Crazy Legs
Fast Draw
Mercer
Battle Force 2000
Steel Brigade
Countdown
Salvo
Airborne 2
Skystriker
General Hawk flight suit
Snake Eyes Ski suit
Robo-Joe

Not exactly house hold names. Yeah one or two of those might happen but the bulk of them don't seem likely At All, Ever.

Some of my Cobra wants are only a little more likely:

Scrap Iron
Crimson Twins
BAT
Serpentor
Alley-Viper 1
Techno viper
Cobra La Trio
Hydro-viper
Alley-Viper 2
TARGAT
Bat 2
Crimson G Immortal

-ZacWilliam, Hasbro HAS to have BATs and Serpentor up their sleave but the others are probably with the joes in the unlikely line...

Edited by ZacWilliam1, 27 January 2021 - 08:19 AM.

Ever wonder about the speed of Turbofoxes?
Or the proverbial ailerons of Titanium Moosebots?

*Visit the one and only Cybertronic Bestiary.
For a mechazoologic tour of the mechanimals of Cybertron.

#10537 electricidad

electricidad
  • Citizen
  • 782 posts

Posted 27 January 2021 - 04:53 PM

So far I've bought :

Beachhead
Ninja Force Storm Shadow
Destro
Firefly

Going forward though I have a hard time being really excited about the line. Ithink my biggest problem is all the G.I. Joes I actually care about are not exactly the marquee names. I went through Yo-Joe.com's toy archive and here are the Joes I'd want to own because they were the ones I loved as a kid:

Tripwire
Recondo
Airtight
Sci-fi
Crazy Legs
Fast Draw
Mercer
Battle Force 2000
Steel Brigade
Countdown
Salvo
Airborne 2
Skystriker
General Hawk flight suit
Snake Eyes Ski suit
Robo-Joe

Not exactly house hold names. Yeah one or two of those might happen but the bulk of them don't seem likely At All, Ever.

Scrap Iron
Crimson Twins
BAT
Serpentor
Alley-Viper 1
Techno viper
Cobra La Trio
Hydro-viper
Alley-Viper 2
TARGAT
Bat 2
Crimson G Immortal

-ZacWilliam, Hasbro HAS to have BATs and Serpentor up their sleave but the others are probably with the joes in the unlikely line...

Steel Brigade: Apparently Valaverse has the rights to a 6-inch figure called "Steel Brigade." It's on Big Bad Toy Store. I'm holding off ordering until I get that Sgt. Slaughter figure in hand.

I'd buy every single one of those other Joes.

Surprised we haven't seen a hard copy of Alley Viper. Sure, we've seen artwork, but seeing an actual figure makes it real.

#10538 Dr Syn

Dr Syn

• Citizen
  • 2949 posts

Posted 27 January 2021 - 05:38 PM

So far I've bought :

Beachhead
Ninja Force Storm Shadow
Destro
Firefly

Tripwire
Recondo
Airtight
Sci-fi
Crazy Legs
Fast Draw
Mercer
Battle Force 2000
Steel Brigade
Countdown
Salvo
Airborne 2
Skystriker
General Hawk flight suit
Snake Eyes Ski suit
Robo-Joe

Scrap Iron
Crimson Twins
BAT
Serpentor
Alley-Viper 1
Techno viper
Cobra La Trio
Hydro-viper
Alley-Viper 2
TARGAT
Bat 2
Crimson G Immortal

Steel Brigade: Apparently Valaverse has the rights to a 6-inch figure called "Steel Brigade." It's on Big Bad Toy Store. I'm holding off ordering until I get that Sgt. Slaughter figure in hand.

I'd buy every single one of those other Joes.

Surprised we haven't seen a hard copy of Alley Viper. Sure, we've seen artwork, but seeing an actual figure makes it real.

Yeah, where IS that Alley-Viper?!?!?

Doesn't the Mobile game have a 'Steel Battalion' Joe army builder, so they could use that. Sucks that they lost the rights and Valaverse can be a bit petty with things about Hasbro.

Photobucket blows chunks

#10539 Steevy Maximus

Steevy Maximus

Snarky Siegie

• Citizen
  • 5320 posts

Posted 27 January 2021 - 08:30 PM

There's some pettiness, but I think Vala might have some merit to hold that grudge :p

I did step up and get Sgt Slaughter from Action Force (as well as the weapon pack).  IF Hasbro ever gets to the good Sarge...he'd probably end up a limited exclusive of some sort.  Missing out on Slaughter and Zaranna did a LOT to cool my enthusiasm for the ME line. 

As is, the slow release slate and lack of driving direction for the brand are cooling my enthusiasm.  If given a narrative reason and a compelling hook, I will buy almost anything (as I buy ANOTHER Wheeljack in Earthrise, ANOTHER Cyclonus, ANOTHER Cheetor, ANOTHER Soundwave, ANOTHER Starscream, ANOTHER Megatron, etc), but aside from "I remember and like this or that character", there isn't much driving me in GI Joe.

Flint, Lady Jaye, Major Bludd, Serpentor, Crimson Guard, Lt. Falcon, Jinx and few select others are about all I'm game for in this format.  Maybe I'm just getting old, but just the EXISTENCE of a toy isn't enough to make me buy it without something else supporting the purchase (be it a nostalgic twinge or media tie in).  With Power Rangers, I've been more fascinated by the cheaper line of toys because the toys production process interests me.  And seeing where and how elements are added, removed, or adapted to fit the price point makes for a more interesting product to me than collector $25 figures; which generally have VERY few compromises made.

#10540 electricidad

electricidad
  • Citizen
  • 782 posts

Posted 29 January 2021 - 04:14 PM

My goodness, but Classified Firefly wants to murder you with his eyes.

Murder_Eyes_0718.jpg

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users