Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  ThunderWear : (27 January 2020 - 08:56 PM)

Think of it positively, maybe your face just has optional no-slip surfaces

@  Maximus Ambus : (27 January 2020 - 05:38 PM)

I have dyspraxia so use a electric trimmer, it's never smooth. NEVER!

@  Benbot : (27 January 2020 - 12:52 PM)

don't you hate it when you shave but miss a whisker and it bugs you all day long and you try to yank it out but you can't because it's too short to get a hold of but your hand keeps finding it whenever you touch your face?

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (25 January 2020 - 11:17 PM)

Twitter's revamp is so dumb. Nowadays, even when I am logged out of my account, right-clicking an image on Google Chrome won't let me access a URL to easily get the image's full size. That functionality was so useful!

@  Steevy Maximus : (25 January 2020 - 10:01 PM)

But when was the last time you saw a major retailer (since TRU) actually allot shelf space for a Transformers Titan? Or the Vintage Collection Poe X-Wing? There's clearly some sort of disparity between "girls" and "boys" toys that give companies justification to create $100+ items in the girls segment in FAR greater frequency than in boys.

@  fourteenwings : (25 January 2020 - 12:56 AM)

"how expensive they were" Tell that to L.O.L. O.M.G. and the $129 Amazing Surprise (I mean I guess when it comes to the toy aisle Power Rangers isn't a juggernaut like L.O.L.)

@  Steevy Maximus : (24 January 2020 - 09:18 PM)

I think the big reason we didn't see the actual combining Zords at retail was because of how expensive they were. It would cost $100 to get enough of them to make a Megazord, $160+ if you want the Ultrazord. Or parents could just get the dang Ultrazord for $40 even if it didn't combine.

@  Steevy Maximus : (24 January 2020 - 09:11 PM)

Because they are "kids toys" not "collector toys"

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (24 January 2020 - 03:27 PM)

1) I don't have Target. 2) can't go into my walmart. I'm surprised Hasbro won't sell the toys on Pulse

@  Bass X0 : (24 January 2020 - 02:43 PM)

I dreamt my phone was ringing and woke up to answer it.

@  Sabrblade : (24 January 2020 - 02:05 PM)

The Lightning Collection figures, the smaller normal-sized Beast Morphers Ranger/enemy/Beast-Bot figures, the role-play morpher and weapon toys, and the simplistic non-combining megazord toys have all been very easy to find at various Targets and Walmarts. It's only been the actual combining Beast Morphers zord toys (which are bizarrely being sold individually this time) that have been hard to find in stores.

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (24 January 2020 - 01:49 PM)

Thought I do question Hasbro's almost reluctance to have the toys available anywhere.

@  Paladin : (24 January 2020 - 01:44 PM)

i've been trying to sell mine for weeks...

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (24 January 2020 - 01:37 PM)

I hadn't opened mine yet, but from what I've seen, the general agreement is that the Beast Morpher zords are much better than Bandais.

@  ThunderWear : (24 January 2020 - 11:16 AM)

I'm guessing if they're going to do anything on the level of Legacy Zords, it's being discussed behind NDAs at Toy Fair

@  Rodimus Supreme : (24 January 2020 - 10:38 AM)

Lightning Collection is good, and they're taking their sweet time on making Zords that are better than Bandai's Zords.

@  ThunderWear : (24 January 2020 - 10:34 AM)

So, what's the general PR fandom consensus of the Hasbro run of PR so far? I pretty much stepped out of the community after I got the Bandai Legacy zords I wanted.

@  Paladin : (24 January 2020 - 08:46 AM)

that would require someone to BUY Hasbro PR toys...

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (24 January 2020 - 07:17 AM)

Well hopefully see some cool PR stuff. Wish BBTS sold Hasbro PR toys.

@  fourteenwings : (24 January 2020 - 07:01 AM)

February 22nd through 25th, I feel like it was earlier last year...

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (24 January 2020 - 06:32 AM)

When is NY TF?

@  fourteenwings : (23 January 2020 - 11:43 PM)

I don't know about Hasbro's general policy but I know everybody was on lockdown for Frozen II, which included both LEGO and Hasbro. Plus, I'm guessing everybody is holding off PR for NY Toy Fair? Overall, it's best to remember that Toy Fairs are for buyers, not fans.

@  fourteenwings : (23 January 2020 - 11:41 PM)

LEGO has been doing this for ages, including sending cease and desists when outlets get leaked images.

@  ThunderWear : (23 January 2020 - 10:42 PM)

And then they ended up selling off the brand, so I guess I wasn't the only one.

@  ThunderWear : (23 January 2020 - 10:41 PM)

Last time a toy brand I followed tightened down on toy fair and all the invited guests posted glowing reviews of what they saw, I ended up being disappointed as heck.

@  Steevy Maximus : (23 January 2020 - 10:34 PM)

JediNews UK basically said they got a walkthrough of Lego's showcase...but were legally bound to NOT talk about anything, much less take pics.

@  ThunderWear : (23 January 2020 - 10:24 PM)

I wondered why I had seen basically nothing newsworthy from the event

@  Steevy Maximus : (23 January 2020 - 10:14 PM)

Word is that Hasbro and Lego have their UK Toy Fair stuff on MAJOR lockdown. Full NDAs and everything.

@  ThunderWear : (23 January 2020 - 09:28 PM)

Seeing people say the $0.99 + $20 shipping item is cheaper than the $19.99 + free shipping item and getting tons of likes for it... I just don't know anymore.

@  Telly : (23 January 2020 - 09:11 PM)

if you havent already, y'all check your walmarts clearance aisle. i found siege six shot for $5. course, it could just be my walmart, but never hurts to look

@  Vexwing : (23 January 2020 - 07:20 PM)

Candlejack is going to need more ro

@  Patch : (23 January 2020 - 06:30 PM)

I thought you had to type out Candlejack's full name bef

@  Maximus Ambus : (23 January 2020 - 02:46 PM)

I typed in the wrong tab.

@  Paladin : (23 January 2020 - 02:32 PM)

must've been the works of Candleja

@  Telly : (23 January 2020 - 02:06 PM)

looks like maximus wiped himself out mid-sentence

@  Maximus Ambus : (23 January 2020 - 08:42 AM)

Disregard this.

@  TheMightyMol... : (22 January 2020 - 06:58 PM)

Bold of you all to assume we won't wipe ourselves out in 50 years.

@  Benbot : (22 January 2020 - 04:27 PM)

There will be no UBI, people will just live in a ditch while they celebrate owning the libs.

@  Rycochet : (22 January 2020 - 03:24 PM)

In 50 years, retail will be dead because all stores are staffless fully automated operations controlled by Amazon. The UBI will be less than a fifth of what it actually costs to live after two decades of cuts and.a steadfast refusal to match inflation.

@  Maximus Ambus : (22 January 2020 - 02:55 PM)

In fifty years retail will be a thing of the past through robots, printers and Universal Basic Income.

@  Rodimus Supreme : (21 January 2020 - 11:16 AM)

Big retailers just don't want money anymore, so let's not give them any,

@  TheMightyMol... : (20 January 2020 - 04:12 PM)

This place is a madhouse, feels like being cloned.

@  Maximus Ambus : (20 January 2020 - 03:38 PM)

I took one step beyond the outer limits to the twilight zone.

@  TheMightyMol... : (20 January 2020 - 10:19 AM)

All retail is basically the same.

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (20 January 2020 - 10:00 AM)

Walmart just needs to go bankrupt already.

@  ThunderWear : (20 January 2020 - 07:19 AM)

They didn't put the 35th anniversary stuff back out until after new year. I'm no retail expert, but I feel like having stock on the shelf is better than the back. Especially toys at christmas time.

@  ThunderWear : (20 January 2020 - 07:18 AM)

Yeah, my local walmart took away the 35th anniversary endcap weeks before Christmas and left the Transformer section empty well past Christmas.

@  TheMightyMol... : (20 January 2020 - 04:44 AM)

Mine only has the 35th Anniversary Voyagers. A whole lot of them.

@  Telly : (19 January 2020 - 11:35 PM)

just be happy your walmart even stocks voyagers. mine doesnt

@  Steevy Maximus : (19 January 2020 - 08:53 PM)

Figures that Walmart finally restocks Studio Voyagers...with Wave ONE

Photo

The Marvel Toy Thread

3680 replies to this topic

#1801 Ursa Magnus

Ursa Magnus

Yoinks!!

• Retired Staff
  • 9250 posts
  • Faction::RIRFIB

Posted 31 August 2014 - 12:07 PM

71A2D8E9-400F-4D18-8A10-165589188E2A_zps

#1802 Ursa Magnus

Ursa Magnus

Yoinks!!

• Retired Staff
  • 9250 posts

Posted 31 August 2014 - 10:55 PM

Battle of the Bautistas...

28EC7687-8BEA-422D-8CA1-4FC2AA10D1B9_zps

#1803 Liege

Liege

Deathsaurus Rising

• Supporter
  • 4867 posts
  • Faction::Cannonball's Pirate Crew

Posted 01 September 2014 - 08:01 AM

Got my hands on a Nova, Drax and Gamora yesterday: found Nova at FYE (a pop culture store chain) and Gamora and Drax at Target. I have the Iron Man and Starlord on preorder at bbts and I've had to resort to eBay for Rocket.

Edit: also, why is no one talking about how great the Drax figure is? He's got a fantastic head and body sculpt and he just looks fantastic in any pose. Plus: HIS BOOTS HE CAN STORE HIS KNIVES IN THEM! We all need to recognise the awesomeness of Drax and his boots.

Also spent the morning looking for Agent Venom. No luck so far. The manager of one store tried to insist that one spider-man toy was as good as any other and tried to get me to buy a titan hero spider-man. I politely declined.

Edited by Liege, 01 September 2014 - 08:11 AM.

QUOTE(NightViper @ Aug 3 2013, 02:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE(Escargon @ Aug 1 2013, 10:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
And Liege, you're words really have had an effect on me. It made me relise I've shouldn't care about what others think of me, I should only care about what I think of myself.

Liege is a small dude with a lot of wisdom.

Well one of those descriptive words is accurate I suppose!

3ds friend code: kyle 4141 2965 5460 pm me yours to add.

#1804 Cat

Cat
  • Retired Staff
  • 11612 posts
  • Faction::Autobot

Posted 01 September 2014 - 08:10 AM

Battle of the Bautistas...

28EC7687-8BEA-422D-8CA1-4FC2AA10D1B9_zps

That is a HUGE head on the right one.

'Hey baby, you got a jawbone that just don't stop'.

Edited by Cat, 01 September 2014 - 08:11 AM.

#1805 Big Show

Big Show

Had about enough of your crap, Mario.

• Supporter
  • 7862 posts
  • Faction::Decepticon

Posted 01 September 2014 - 08:42 AM

Got my hands on a Nova, Drax and Gamora yesterday: found Nova at FYE (a pop culture store chain) and Gamora and Drax at Target. I have the Iron Man and Starlord on preorder at bbts and I've had to resort to eBay for Rocket.

Edit: also, why is no one talking about how great the Drax figure is? He's got a fantastic head and body sculpt and he just looks fantastic in any pose. Plus: HIS BOOTS HE CAN STORE HIS KNIVES IN THEM! We all need to recognise the awesomeness of Drax and his boots.

Also spent the morning looking for Agent Venom. No luck so far. The manager of one store tried to insist that one spider-man toy was as good as any other and tried to get me to buy a titan hero spider-man. I politely declined.

Well, first of all, I think my brain broke just a bit when you said you still have FYE's where you are. Just a bit jelly here, to be honest.

I also echo the lament of the fruitless Venom search. There are three around me, and only when one said they had the UPC in their system did I even have a glimmer of hope of finding one. It wasn't as dire when it was just me wanting one, but then my 15-year old had to go and be excited about it after seeing it on my screen (nothing excites 15 year old boys if it doesn't involve body parts or bodily functions). I'll be damned if I don't find a Venom for that kid.

QUOTE(David Willis)
There's a distinct difference between buying something and SUPERbuying.
And SUPERbuying is not quite as extreme as buying the HUG outta something.
There's a hierarchy.

#1806 Liege

Liege

Deathsaurus Rising

• Supporter
  • 4867 posts
  • Location:Providence RI (Formerly Pittsburgh PA &amp; Wales UK)

Posted 01 September 2014 - 09:07 AM

Well, first of all, I think my brain broke just a bit when you said you still have FYE's where you are. Just a bit jelly here, to be honest.

I also echo the lament of the fruitless Venom search. There are three around me, and only when one said they had the UPC in their system did I even have a glimmer of hope of finding one. It wasn't as dire when it was just me wanting one, but then my 15-year old had to go and be excited about it after seeing it on my screen (nothing excites 15 year old boys if it doesn't involve body parts or bodily functions). I'll be damned if I don't find a Venom for that kid.

Do you happen to still know the UPC? I couldn't find it online.

Yeah, it sucks that he's going to be a bitch to find, especially as you want him for your kid too. He's already in the 40-60 range on eBay. I really want him too, if only for dorkier than usual reasons. Aside from his awesome look, he totally reminds me of a fan character I made up as a kid amongst my many toybiz spider-man figures: a black ops military trained spider-clone with a venom symbiote, Stealth Spider/ Spider Soldier (I was nine don't judge me).

Although apparently Ultimate Spider-Man (tv show) did something similar, not sure how I feel about that.

If I come across an extra one in my search I'll sell it to you for cost plus shipping :).
And Liege, you're words really have had an effect on me. It made me relise I've shouldn't care about what others think of me, I should only care about what I think of myself.

#1807 Zamuel

Zamuel

Dream Valley Survivor

• Supporter
  • 18047 posts
  • Faction::Equestrian

Posted 01 September 2014 - 09:54 AM

The manager of one store tried to insist that one spider-man toy was as good as any other and tried to get me to buy a titan hero spider-man.

*sigh* That was not the best sales tactic.
Spoiler

#1808 Liege

Liege

Deathsaurus Rising

• Supporter
  • 4867 posts
  • Location:Providence RI (Formerly Pittsburgh PA &amp; Wales UK)

Posted 01 September 2014 - 10:02 AM

HOLY JIVE THE WALGREENS I WAS AT THIS MORNING FOUND THEM AT THE BACK AND CALLED ME! I literally squeed when I hung up.

I got two, one for me and one for Big Show if he's still interested.

#1809 Big Show

Big Show

Had about enough of your crap, Mario.

• Supporter
  • 7862 posts
  • Faction::Decepticon

Posted 01 September 2014 - 10:52 AM

PM sent! Much appreciated!

QUOTE(David Willis)
There's a distinct difference between buying something and SUPERbuying.
And SUPERbuying is not quite as extreme as buying the HUG outta something.
There's a hierarchy.

#1810 Detour

Detour

Too lazy to change the avatar but Graham Linehan is a sack of sh

• Supporter
  • 20687 posts
  • Faction::Maximal

Posted 02 September 2014 - 02:08 PM

I don't buy that much Marvel product but at one point I bought that 5POA Thor at clearance prices because I needed to use the grocery store it was at to withdraw some cash to pay for pizza at work (no ATM nearby).

The figure is crap, primarily because of the posing, so I bought an Ultimates Thor dirt cheap on ebay because the proportions worked, and then I merged the two.

ThorLBC.jpg

You're far too young to be this bitter and angry at the world....

I'm reading that with Roy's voice. Heck, I read everything you post in a laconic Irish accent.

#1811 Ursa Magnus

Ursa Magnus

Yoinks!!

• Retired Staff
  • 9250 posts

Posted 02 September 2014 - 06:11 PM

That works quite nicely as a Marvel NOW! Thor. :thumbsup

#1812 Ursa Magnus

Ursa Magnus

Yoinks!!

• Retired Staff
  • 9250 posts

Posted 02 September 2014 - 10:07 PM

My small but well-loved Gladiator collection...
F855AA38-B42D-40A9-8451-E2072B646065_zps

I wish ever so much that I could afford to snag the Bowen statue as well as the Hard Hero statue. :(

EDIT: just realized I forgot to stand my MU Gladiator in this shot.

Edited by Ursa Magnus, 02 September 2014 - 10:55 PM.

#1813 Cat

Cat
  • Retired Staff
  • 11612 posts

Posted 02 September 2014 - 11:00 PM

Nice little focus there. It's only seeing them all together that I notice just how different the colours of the face are on each.

#1814 Ursa Magnus

Ursa Magnus

Yoinks!!

• Retired Staff
  • 9250 posts

Posted 02 September 2014 - 11:10 PM

Yeah. Personally, I've always preferred a deeper purple like the big Marvel Legends figure there.

#1815 Cat

Cat
  • Retired Staff
  • 11612 posts

Posted 02 September 2014 - 11:12 PM

Yeah. Personally, I've always preferred a deeper purple like the big Marvel Legends figure there.

Agreed. I don't like the ashy grey look on the Bowen. It looks okay on its own, but next to the others, it really shows itself. Shame that it was made at the time when their factory was weird. The rest of it is also so nice that it makes up for that odd colour choice. My Archangel one has the same sort of issue, IIRC.

I'm a bit late here, but was there really 2 variants of the Toy Biz ML wave 8 Modern Armour Iron Man? A yellow or unpainted red torso?

Edited by Cat, 03 September 2014 - 09:51 AM.

#1816 Eneon

Eneon
  • Citizen
  • 6166 posts

Posted 04 September 2014 - 05:43 PM

I went to 2 out of the 3 Walgreens in my town and didn't find an Agent Venom, but I did see a Strafe and Cyclops at TRU. Didn't pick them up though since they were the only two there.

#1817 Ursa Magnus

Ursa Magnus

Yoinks!!

• Retired Staff
  • 9250 posts

Posted 04 September 2014 - 10:23 PM

My Guardians and Annihilators again. Just at more... dramatic angles...

18B8ADA2-5FD9-4CE3-9335-567294E976F9_zps

ad3bdd97-973b-4d78-8157-f30bbdb5f656_zps

#1818 Detour

Detour

Too lazy to change the avatar but Graham Linehan is a sack of sh

• Supporter
  • 20687 posts

Posted 04 September 2014 - 10:31 PM

Question.

Does the Starlord there have a Chris Pratt head?

You're far too young to be this bitter and angry at the world....

I'm reading that with Roy's voice. Heck, I read everything you post in a laconic Irish accent.

#1819 Ursa Magnus

Ursa Magnus

Yoinks!!

• Retired Staff
  • 9250 posts

Posted 04 September 2014 - 11:01 PM

He does, yes.

#1820 Betty Nor

Betty Nor
  • Citizen
  • 7790 posts

Posted 04 September 2014 - 11:09 PM

But whether it's a "good" Chris Pratt head... well, your mileage may vary.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users