Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  Sean Whitmore : (15 June 2019 - 04:11 PM)

Smash Bros could never touch a new franchise again, and I'd still have laundry lists of side characters and villains I'd love to see included.

@  unluckiness : (15 June 2019 - 09:36 AM)

DINNER

@  SG Roadbuster : (15 June 2019 - 09:36 AM)

cuz i wanna fight a boat

@  SG Roadbuster : (15 June 2019 - 09:35 AM)

if we must have another zelda character, id want the king of red lion

@  MEDdMI : (14 June 2019 - 10:38 PM)

I would unironically love Tingle in Smash.

@  Paladin : (14 June 2019 - 02:06 PM)

they HAVE to put Travis Touchdown in at some point now, right???

@  TheMightyMol... : (14 June 2019 - 01:24 PM)

Right after Shaq.

@  Locoman : (14 June 2019 - 12:36 PM)

When will we get Bluster Kong in Smash?

@  unluckiness : (14 June 2019 - 08:20 AM)

The last three DLC characters are Tingle, Charles Barkley and L Tetris block with Reverse L Tetris block as an Echo fighter.

@  MEDdMI : (14 June 2019 - 08:09 AM)

Pipe dream Smash entry: The Prince from the Katamari series. :D

@  MEDdMI : (14 June 2019 - 06:35 AM)

The space/time around them gets frozen too! ....or something.

@  unluckiness : (14 June 2019 - 06:01 AM)

I still want to find out how freezing people suspends them in midair

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (14 June 2019 - 02:45 AM)

We really need Subzero or Scorpion in Smash. Violence aside, they are pretty big gaming icons as well.

@  Steevy Maximus : (13 June 2019 - 08:18 PM)

Given Nintendo's relationship with Tecmo, I'm still waiting for Ryu Hyabusa

@  TheMightyMol... : (13 June 2019 - 07:19 PM)

I'm still waiting for Doomguy.

@  Steevy Maximus : (13 June 2019 - 06:47 PM)

I just started watching High School DxD (don't judge me...) and I caught on the Nintendo Treehouse some request Rias for Smash lol

@  ▲ndrusi : (13 June 2019 - 11:25 AM)

I have having to watch a video to find out why someone wanted me to watch the video

@  Nevermore : (11 June 2019 - 04:58 PM)

I remember when the TPB for The Dark Age 2 was delayed for an entire year...

@  Trpodeca : (11 June 2019 - 03:55 AM)

I just wish they'd release the Astro City paperback trades.

@  Nevermore : (10 June 2019 - 05:31 AM)

As an open-minded heterosexual, I wouldn't mind seeing more of that.

@  Nevermore : (10 June 2019 - 05:29 AM)

Currently in the process of re-reading Kurt Busiek's Astro City. Big props for the issue featuring the "Dancing Master" and its portrayal of non-stereotypical gay characters.

@  TM2-Megatron : (10 June 2019 - 05:25 AM)

Don't phone charges often contain special rapid charge circuitry, though? The voltage might be higher too, given the selfie stick probably has a very basic battery.

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (09 June 2019 - 11:28 PM)

Glad to be of assistance!

@  Telly : (09 June 2019 - 10:32 PM)

*checks selfie stick and phone charger* huh. perfect fit. thanks!

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (09 June 2019 - 09:58 PM)

I would use the USB-to-AC adapter that came with my iPhone, though I gather you must have a different brand of cell phone.

@  TM2-Megatron : (09 June 2019 - 05:42 PM)

In that case a generic adapter is probably your best bet, then. Keep in mind a lot of hotels now have plain USB outlets in rooms too, though; but I guess that's not guaranteed

@  Telly : (09 June 2019 - 05:31 PM)

yeah, i just need something small to plug into the wall. im not sure im taking my laptop on my trip later this year and i want a way to charge my stuff

@  TM2-Megatron : (09 June 2019 - 05:04 PM)

They also have wall outlets with built-in USB in addition to the two regular plugs; I installed those around my place so I have USB ports everywhere

@  TM2-Megatron : (09 June 2019 - 05:02 PM)

You might be able to get a generic adapter to use with it at Radio Shack if you know the appropriate voltages or whatever

@  TM2-Megatron : (09 June 2019 - 05:01 PM)

It came with a USB cable with no AC adapter? A lot of lower priced electronics do that, presumably assuming that USB is pretty ubiquitous

@  TM2-Megatron : (09 June 2019 - 05:00 PM)

Yeah, must be, I guess.

@  Telly : (09 June 2019 - 04:59 PM)

maybe having bluetooth has something to do with it?

@  Telly : (09 June 2019 - 04:58 PM)

the one i got has an on/off button, and came with a usb to attach to my laptop to charge it. its this one https://www.walmart....ility/432985497

@  TM2-Megatron : (09 June 2019 - 04:51 PM)

Selfie sticks have power? I thought they were to just hold the phone away from you

@  Telly : (09 June 2019 - 04:44 PM)

need some technical help.how do i charge my selfie stick without using my laptop? is there some kind of portable charger? i know it sounds like a dumb question, but i dont know very much about this stuff

@  MEDdMI : (08 June 2019 - 06:58 PM)

Different songs or overdosing don't work for me. My brain can play multiple songs at once. Best to do something else to distract me.

@  Xellos : (08 June 2019 - 05:36 PM)

Still, the worst is having the last song I hear before going into work being stuck in my head all day.

@  TheMightyMol... : (08 June 2019 - 05:00 PM)

Get a different song stuck in your head too. Let them battle for supremacy. Only the strong survive.

@  Nevermore : (08 June 2019 - 03:53 PM)

Keep listening to it over and over until you got the lyrics memorized. By that point, it will start to fade out of your system.

@  Nevermore : (08 June 2019 - 02:48 PM)

I've discovered the easiest cure for having a song stuck in your head is overdosing to the point of fatigue.

@  Steevy Maximus : (08 June 2019 - 12:27 PM)

Jedi Fallen Order sure does look a LOT like a Souls style game with Star Wars flavoring

@  Kalidor : (07 June 2019 - 06:18 PM)

I have a hard time believing that you speaking at length and with great detail is something you wouldn't be good at. Glad you had fun.

@  Nevermore : (07 June 2019 - 02:51 PM)

Funny thing is I wasn't nervous at all. Might have helped that I was able to speak freely due to having assembled my speech from a lot of smaller segments I had previously told to my colleagues on the shopfloor, with a few punchlines added.

@  Nevermore : (07 June 2019 - 02:49 PM)

Allegedly I did well. Lots of applause, and was told I was leagues beyond the guy who spoke before me (though that wasn't difficult, that guy was dry as a river on Mars).

@  Nevermore : (07 June 2019 - 02:48 PM)

So I volunteered to hold a small speech at our strike assembly today (lots of Amazon employees, plus some people from IKEA, Smyths toys and some other local retailers).

@  Maximus Ambus : (07 June 2019 - 01:17 PM)

Today Dolly the Sheep and Super Salmon, tomorrow Neo Sapiens. We're through the looking glass people.

@  Kalidor : (07 June 2019 - 12:55 PM)

Happy birthday @Pinkcolliebot

@  Pinkcolliebot : (07 June 2019 - 12:03 PM)

Today's My Birthday!!!

@  TheMightyMol... : (07 June 2019 - 03:16 AM)

Think how many copies of Optimus Prime's brain could fit on that.

@  TM2-Megatron : (06 June 2019 - 11:21 PM)

If only Johnny Mnemonic had had $25, he could've saved himself a big headache. 

Photo

The Marvel Toy Thread

3578 replies to this topic

#1741 Cat

Cat
  • Retired Staff
  • 11612 posts
  • Faction::Autobot

Posted 01 August 2014 - 10:41 PM

I was going through my 4" Marvel collection today (goddamn I need to get a Hall o' Armour shelf already... soooo many Iron Men), and I came across this little gem.

I'm not sure why, but this is arguably my favourite 4" toy after Archangel.

attachicon.gifIMG_4470.jpg

I can't explain it.  It just makes me smile.

What is that, and what line?

It does look really cool. 'I want it' cool.

I'd forgot about the Ronan BAF. He's in a cabinet somewhere, and being blue he should stand out. Actually, no. The whole MU is blue.

#1742 Nanite

Nanite

Imminently Ignorable

• Supporter
  • 5066 posts

Posted 02 August 2014 - 01:07 AM

Any recommendations on an Armor to repaint into Superior Iron Man?  I'm thinking ML Extremis, but the paint on my Movie Mk 42 is awful, so it becomes a candidate.

This is a horribly shameless plug, but I thought that perhaps there might be some interest here in the fact that I'm getting ready to sell off the majority of my Marvel Legends collection.

So if there's something that anyone here might be looking for, shoot me a PM.  I've got stuff from Toybiz through Hasbro, including the later stuff like Ronan, Nemesis, Movie Spider-Man (about to be on eBay in a day or two), and Fin-Fang-Foom wave releases.

On topic:  That site you posted, Silent_Magnus, is amazing.  Bookmarked.

If you have a Man-Thing, I'd be interested.  I mean, I'd like to purchase your Man-Thing.  

... This sounds all wrong.  

• Cat likes this
On them twitters

#1743 Cat

Cat
  • Retired Staff
  • 11612 posts

Posted 02 August 2014 - 01:31 AM

I think the Extremis is a better match. It even has hip pods, and matches the shape of the armour better than the MK 42, IMO. I should add I hate the MK42, too. Horrible look.

#1744 Betty Nor

Betty Nor
  • Citizen
  • 7695 posts

Posted 02 August 2014 - 01:49 AM

I was going through my 4" Marvel collection today (goddamn I need to get a Hall o' Armour shelf already... soooo many Iron Men), and I came across this little gem.

I'm not sure why, but this is arguably my favourite 4" toy after Archangel.

attachicon.gifIMG_4470.jpg

I can't explain it.  It just makes me smile.

What is that, and what line?

It does look really cool. 'I want it' cool.

I'd forgot about the Ronan BAF. He's in a cabinet somewhere, and being blue he should stand out. Actually, no. The whole MU is blue.

He's a Captain America toy from the First Avenger movie line.  Can't remember what his exact title was, just that he was a deluxe release.  He also has a spring-loaded bazooka thing, but yeah... binned.

Best of all?  His armour pieces are removable so you could feasibly slap them on another similarly proportioned figure.

#1745 Cat

Cat
  • Retired Staff
  • 11612 posts

Posted 02 August 2014 - 04:30 AM

Thanks. I'll be ordering one of those this week. It looks insanely fun, so it'll look great on my desk.

I can definitely see what you mean about the weird love for it. It does have that appeal. Just stupid, but embracing the ridiculous to the point it just goes to 'oh hell yeah'.

Edited by Cat, 02 August 2014 - 04:30 AM.

#1746 Sean Whitmore

Sean Whitmore
  • Citizen
  • 7926 posts

Posted 02 August 2014 - 05:35 AM

I remember that as the Captain America deluxe pack I was forced to buy to get US Agent's shield.

PSN: SeanWhitmore

Switch: SW-7452-6932-0513

3DS: 0490-6399-8582

I did a new video thing:
https://www.allspark.com/forums/topic/159447-whos-the-right-arm/

#1747 Cat

Cat
  • Retired Staff
  • 11612 posts

Posted 02 August 2014 - 06:49 AM

I watched a part of a bad video review, and the guy (sorry if he's here, I'm not big on them, and the audio quality was poor) swapped shields with the US Agent from the regular Cap line. They both looked great with the others'.

#1748 Betty Nor

Betty Nor
  • Citizen
  • 7695 posts

Posted 02 August 2014 - 10:27 AM

Ooo, yeah I hadn't thought of that.  I kind of liked Agent's odd shield, but I may just have to do the switch after all.

And Strafe, Ronan BAF has been batting between $120-150, and those prices were before the GotG nostalgia/popularity bump.

#1749 Dake

Dake

Resident resident

• Supporter
  • 18795 posts

Posted 03 August 2014 - 09:26 AM

After seeing the movie I'm really bummed that they didn't do 3 3/4" figures for this line.  My choices seem to be:
- 6" figures that are expensive and hard to find, with no Ronan or Nebula
- 2" figures that don't look very good, with ships that just seem kind of uninspired (anybody got them?)
- those pre-posed 5" figures with action features and limited character selection
- Titan Hero type things and whatever else, the less said the better
- Lego

That's actually a fair amount of merchandise (not that you'd know it from my local store which seems to have gotten precisely none of it) but it still seems underwhelming. I know the golden age of movie toys is over, but I would have loved to see a real Star Wars-style 3 3/4" push for this movie.

The GotG toy line is an interesting study in watching Hasbro try to figure things out. Obviously they've watched every Marvel movie toy line languish so I guess they're trying something new with the two inch scale.

The ships are neat, but not enough to pay full price. It seems they wanted to do the ships and offer compatibility so they sized the figures accordingly. I'll pick them up on sale at some point because I'm a fan of sci-fi ships in general.

Thing is, they've done this once before with GIJoe Sigma 6 and it didn't do great either.

8ZSy6aw.jpg

#1750 Betty Nor

Betty Nor
  • Citizen
  • 7695 posts

Posted 03 August 2014 - 11:33 AM

Oh man, I just found all my 2.5" Sigma Six toys the other day.  Those were really awesome.  Mind you, the "action posed" figures were crap, but the vehicles were glorious.  The Fire Bat Jet alone has reasserted itself to a place of honour on my bedroom closet shelf (a spot limited only to MP TFs and that Captain America figure I posted earlier).

I like the 2.5" scale; I just don't give a damn about GotG.

#1751 Fortress Ironhold

Fortress Ironhold

Blasphemer

• Banned
  • 20567 posts

Posted 03 August 2014 - 05:22 PM

From what I got from my fellow Joe collectors back in the day, more TF fans were buying the figures for use in Alternators figures than actual Joe fans were.

#1752 Ursa Magnus

Ursa Magnus

Yoinks!!

• Retired Staff
  • 9250 posts
  • Faction::RIRFIB

Posted 04 August 2014 - 09:10 PM

I remember that as the Captain America deluxe pack I was forced to buy to get US Agent's shield.

Likewise. I wasn't at all interested in the figure itself, just the shield. John needed a semi-proper shield of his own and that was where to get it.

In hindsight I wish I would have bought a few of these guys when they were pegwarming. Turns out that take away the shields and leave all that red armor on they make remarkably nice elite Soviet soldiers to stand beside your Winter Guard.

Edited by Ursa Magnus, 04 August 2014 - 09:12 PM.

#1753 Eneon

Eneon
  • Citizen
  • 6166 posts
  • Faction::Maximal

Posted 06 August 2014 - 08:10 PM

Why are people acting like the "special bonus" that comes with Hot Toys Rocket and Groot is spoiler.

I've yet to see the movie but seeing what it was didn't shock or surprise me. That's how Groot works.

It happened multiple times in the comics and at least once in a cartoon.

Edited by Silent_Magnus, 06 August 2014 - 08:11 PM.

#1754 Gryllid

Gryllid

Not a Real Fan

• Supporter
  • 1796 posts

Posted 07 August 2014 - 06:35 AM

Why are people acting like the "special bonus" that comes with Hot Toys Rocket and Groot is spoiler.

It's arguably a spoiler because...

Spoiler

And not all of the millions of people who see the movie have read the comic or seen the cartoon, although admittedly, most of them aren't the target audience for Hot Toys.

#1755 Eneon

Eneon
  • Citizen
  • 6166 posts
  • Faction::Maximal

Posted 07 August 2014 - 08:30 AM

It's arguably a spoiler because...

Spoiler

And not all of the millions of people who see the movie have read the comic or seen the cartoon, although admittedly, most of them aren't the target audience for Hot Toys.

If someone hasn't consumed ANY fiction with Groot in it yet then I doubt that they would see the significance of it. Telling them it's a spoiler is probably more of a spoiler than just showing them a picture of it.

#1756 Onyx Minor

Onyx Minor

Teporocho

• Staff
  • 11014 posts
  • Faction::Predacon

Posted 08 August 2014 - 07:37 AM

For those of you wanting the Jubilee wave, get to your local TRU now.  After getting the email yesterday from BBTS that I might not get my pre-order, I saw postings at the Fwoosh that they had hit the US in several places.  I went to check at my TRU and found the whole wave.  We also got more Captain America in (Black Widow) and 2 full sets of the Guardians wave.

10574374_10202642465922481_4589356610506

#1757 Wildwade

Wildwade

No, no. Finish sounding dumb, I'll wait.

• Citizen
  • 2641 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 08 August 2014 - 11:50 AM

Has anyone found any good substitute guns for Universe Death's Head to use yet?  His hands kind of make the choices limited...

Maybe some customizer will come up with something.

#1758 Ursa Magnus

Ursa Magnus

Yoinks!!

• Retired Staff
  • 9250 posts
  • Faction::RIRFIB

Posted 08 August 2014 - 12:53 PM

I like using the obnoxious over-sized gimmick guns that came with G.I. Joe figures. They seem a perfect fit for Death's Head.

#1759 Betty Nor

Betty Nor
  • Citizen
  • 7695 posts

Posted 08 August 2014 - 04:03 PM

Thanks for the heads up, Onyx.  My second TRU hit pay dirt.  Stryfe is a little disappointing because he totally needs his unmasked Cable-clone head.  Still, I've always had a soft spot for Stryfe so no regrets there.

And I know that I'm currently liquidating my ML collection, but these guys are sticking around indefinitely.  

IMG_4495.jpg

Why?  Because I'll always have a soft spot for the Blue/Gold days.

And these guys?  

IMG_4496.jpg

Also sticking around.  (WHERE'S MY DAMN AVALANCHE, HASBRO?!? - also a new Toad would be great, too)

I wasn't sure if new Magneto was going to displace my old Toybiz one.  Toybiz has that great removable helmet going for it, but Hasbro's has more paint details and is less floppy.

Anyone want dibs on Cyclops and Storm before I send them off to eBay?

Edited by Betty Nor, 08 August 2014 - 04:04 PM.

#1760 Wildwade

Wildwade

No, no. Finish sounding dumb, I'll wait.

• Citizen
  • 2641 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 08 August 2014 - 06:27 PM

I like using the obnoxious over-sized gimmick guns that came with G.I. Joe figures. They seem a perfect fit for Death's Head.

Any specific suggestions?

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users