Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  PlutoniumBoss : (28 March 2020 - 11:08 PM)

Oh yeah, that was Fort Max. My bad.

@  LBD "Nyt... : (28 March 2020 - 09:12 PM)

https://tfwiki.net/wiki/Peritus_Maximus

@  LBD "Nyt... : (28 March 2020 - 09:11 PM)

Christmas Maximus?

@  Maximus Ambus : (28 March 2020 - 01:13 PM)

At least the ozone layer is healing. unless this is a 0.0000000001% thing it's sounds like good news.

@  ▲ndrusi : (28 March 2020 - 09:27 AM)

(But only pretty sure, not 100% sure.)

@  ▲ndrusi : (28 March 2020 - 09:26 AM)

Pretty sure y'all were thinking of Fortress Maximus yesterday.

@  Bass X0 : (28 March 2020 - 12:38 AM)

Dare! Dare to believe you can survive 2020!

@  Steevy Maximus : (27 March 2020 - 08:18 PM)

Baja Blast is back at retail!

@  TheMightyMol... : (27 March 2020 - 03:47 PM)

Shame he wasn't around more. He seemed like such a jolly, happy soul.

@  PlutoniumBoss : (27 March 2020 - 02:16 PM)

No, he was definitely Metroplex. You could tell because he was in Metroplex's distinctive red and green coloration.

@  Paladin : (27 March 2020 - 02:11 PM)

that was Leader-1. or possibly Jolt. maybe Grindor...

@  PlutoniumBoss : (27 March 2020 - 01:57 PM)

Metroplex was in Armada, in a flashback. He was the same size as everybody else. I thought that was the joke.

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (27 March 2020 - 12:39 PM)

@Rodimus Supreme: Gah! You are right! How'd I get that mixed up? x.x;

@  TheMightyMol... : (27 March 2020 - 12:14 PM)

There is no Metroplex. Only Zuul.

@  Rodimus Supreme : (27 March 2020 - 11:13 AM)

@Tm_Silverclaw: There is no Armada Metroplex, he was in Cybertron.

@  Rodimus Supreme : (27 March 2020 - 11:12 AM)

And they'd be better off just retooling Metroplex and Fortress Maximus to be somewhat more accurate and changing/adding parts for interaction with later play gimmicks.

@  Rodimus Supreme : (27 March 2020 - 11:11 AM)

I honestly would prefer that for scale purposes.

@  Cyoti : (27 March 2020 - 11:07 AM)

They can redo all the CW combiners as Titan Class figures like Predaking/Devastator.

@  Dekafox : (27 March 2020 - 07:52 AM)

They could just redo Metroplex again too. Especially if it's going to be S3 based. They could also do another Primus to go with the coming Unicron.

@  OverDrive73 : (26 March 2020 - 10:56 PM)

If anyone is bored, or interested... I just added the last chapter to my fanfic comic in Allspark Pictures

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (26 March 2020 - 10:54 PM)

And no.. We could always get Titan Class Superion.

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (26 March 2020 - 10:53 PM)

We need Titan Class Transformers Armada Metroplex.

@  Telly : (26 March 2020 - 08:39 PM)

ill be surprised if scorpy isnt the last titan

@  PlutoniumBoss : (26 March 2020 - 05:57 PM)

Too bad a new character titan class figure is pretty much an impossibility.

@  PlutoniumBoss : (26 March 2020 - 05:56 PM)

I want a titan class, really good looking bucket wheel excavator. Like Cybertron Metroplex was supposed to be but didn't quite pull off.

@  wonko the sane? : (26 March 2020 - 03:32 PM)

I just taped up a shower curtain and took my first shower in three weeks. It was heavenly.

@  Rodimus Supreme : (26 March 2020 - 11:48 AM)

I would buy that...

@  Maximus Ambus : (24 March 2020 - 02:03 PM)

Studio Series 100 Titan Class Driller.

@  Sabrblade : (23 March 2020 - 09:05 PM)

I'll give ya 25 cents, a pack of gum, and some peanuts.

@  TheMightyMol... : (23 March 2020 - 07:35 PM)

I can give ya twenty bucks for it.

@  Paladin : (23 March 2020 - 04:28 PM)

hoarder? I hardly know 'er?

@  Dekafox : (23 March 2020 - 01:52 PM)

FOR THE HORDE!

@  repowers : (23 March 2020 - 01:48 PM)

* hordes shrubberies *

@  Telly : (23 March 2020 - 01:46 PM)

YET...

@  PlutoniumBoss : (23 March 2020 - 01:22 PM)

At least we haven't resorted to shouting "NI" at old ladies.

@  CORVUS : (23 March 2020 - 11:04 AM)

Keep it out, and I won't reply to it.

@  RichardT1977 : (23 March 2020 - 08:50 AM)

It's a sad world where we can't discuss our health and safety without it descending into political arguments...

@  fourteenwings : (22 March 2020 - 11:46 PM)

woah I have no idea what's going on here but it's certainly breaking the "keep P&R out of the shoutbox" rules (which really should be enforced like... at all)

@  CORVUS : (22 March 2020 - 11:13 PM)

Ugh, Chinese. Typo-city.

@  CORVUS : (22 March 2020 - 11:11 PM)

Rodimus, you're just flat-out wrong. Trump eliminated the Pandemic Response Team. Trump was advised in January that this could be serious, and he didn't listen. Trump spent weeks downplaying COVID-19 by implying it was a hoax, and then that it was just a type of flu. He was late to close down travel from China, and by the time he closed down air-travel to the EU, that was also too late. He has refused to take responsibility for removing the pandemic response team, even though he basically bragged about it some months before. He's also prematurely talked up treatments using chlorquinine that have not been properly vetted as yet, and he keeps calling COVID-19 the "Chinense virus" because he can't help but be a jerk. Face facts: Trump is an incompetent bungler. Period. Full-stop.

@  repowers : (22 March 2020 - 03:49 PM)

That's totally super biased!

@  Nevermore : (22 March 2020 - 03:00 PM)

I'm not. I'm listening to his own contradictory statements.

@  TheMightyMol... : (22 March 2020 - 02:06 PM)

Most people don't, but it's still making enough ratings to continue, apparently.

@  Bass X0 : (22 March 2020 - 11:45 AM)

I’m not finding modern episodes of The Simpson’s at all funny.

@  Rodimus Supreme : (22 March 2020 - 11:44 AM)

Trump HAS been working on this, stop listening to those idiot "news" outlets that just spin everything against him out of bias.

@  TheMightyMol... : (22 March 2020 - 08:52 AM)

At the least, they could keep it off of Twitter.

@  wonko the sane? : (22 March 2020 - 08:10 AM)

I'm pretty sure the capuchin from "outbreak" would have done a better job than trump.

@  Nevermore : (22 March 2020 - 05:13 AM)

Isn't it sad that President Schwarzenegger would have been the better alternative in retrospect?

@  NotVeryKnightly : (22 March 2020 - 03:38 AM)

It was President Schwarzenegger, not Wolfcastle.

@  Maximus Ambus : (22 March 2020 - 02:51 AM)

He put that in a speech in Springfields 'Do as we say' festival in 2005 too.

Photo

The Marvel Toy Thread

3733 replies to this topic

#1741 Cat

Cat
  • Retired Staff
  • 11612 posts
  • Faction::Autobot

Posted 01 August 2014 - 10:41 PM

I was going through my 4" Marvel collection today (goddamn I need to get a Hall o' Armour shelf already... soooo many Iron Men), and I came across this little gem.

I'm not sure why, but this is arguably my favourite 4" toy after Archangel.

attachicon.gifIMG_4470.jpg

I can't explain it.  It just makes me smile.

What is that, and what line?

It does look really cool. 'I want it' cool.

I'd forgot about the Ronan BAF. He's in a cabinet somewhere, and being blue he should stand out. Actually, no. The whole MU is blue.

#1742 Nanite

Nanite

Imminently Ignorable

• Supporter
  • 5066 posts

Posted 02 August 2014 - 01:07 AM

Any recommendations on an Armor to repaint into Superior Iron Man?  I'm thinking ML Extremis, but the paint on my Movie Mk 42 is awful, so it becomes a candidate.

This is a horribly shameless plug, but I thought that perhaps there might be some interest here in the fact that I'm getting ready to sell off the majority of my Marvel Legends collection.

So if there's something that anyone here might be looking for, shoot me a PM.  I've got stuff from Toybiz through Hasbro, including the later stuff like Ronan, Nemesis, Movie Spider-Man (about to be on eBay in a day or two), and Fin-Fang-Foom wave releases.

On topic:  That site you posted, Silent_Magnus, is amazing.  Bookmarked.

If you have a Man-Thing, I'd be interested.  I mean, I'd like to purchase your Man-Thing.  

... This sounds all wrong.  

• Cat likes this
On them twitters

#1743 Cat

Cat
  • Retired Staff
  • 11612 posts

Posted 02 August 2014 - 01:31 AM

I think the Extremis is a better match. It even has hip pods, and matches the shape of the armour better than the MK 42, IMO. I should add I hate the MK42, too. Horrible look.

#1744 Betty Nor

Betty Nor
  • Citizen
  • 7805 posts

Posted 02 August 2014 - 01:49 AM

I was going through my 4" Marvel collection today (goddamn I need to get a Hall o' Armour shelf already... soooo many Iron Men), and I came across this little gem.

I'm not sure why, but this is arguably my favourite 4" toy after Archangel.

attachicon.gifIMG_4470.jpg

I can't explain it.  It just makes me smile.

What is that, and what line?

It does look really cool. 'I want it' cool.

I'd forgot about the Ronan BAF. He's in a cabinet somewhere, and being blue he should stand out. Actually, no. The whole MU is blue.

He's a Captain America toy from the First Avenger movie line.  Can't remember what his exact title was, just that he was a deluxe release.  He also has a spring-loaded bazooka thing, but yeah... binned.

Best of all?  His armour pieces are removable so you could feasibly slap them on another similarly proportioned figure.

#1745 Cat

Cat
  • Retired Staff
  • 11612 posts

Posted 02 August 2014 - 04:30 AM

Thanks. I'll be ordering one of those this week. It looks insanely fun, so it'll look great on my desk.

I can definitely see what you mean about the weird love for it. It does have that appeal. Just stupid, but embracing the ridiculous to the point it just goes to 'oh hell yeah'.

Edited by Cat, 02 August 2014 - 04:30 AM.

#1746 Sean Whitmore

Sean Whitmore
  • Citizen
  • 8108 posts

Posted 02 August 2014 - 05:35 AM

I remember that as the Captain America deluxe pack I was forced to buy to get US Agent's shield.

PSN: SeanWhitmore

Switch: SW-7452-6932-0513

3DS: 0490-6399-8582

I did a new video thing:
https://www.allspark.com/forums/topic/159447-whos-the-right-arm/

#1747 Cat

Cat
  • Retired Staff
  • 11612 posts

Posted 02 August 2014 - 06:49 AM

I watched a part of a bad video review, and the guy (sorry if he's here, I'm not big on them, and the audio quality was poor) swapped shields with the US Agent from the regular Cap line. They both looked great with the others'.

#1748 Betty Nor

Betty Nor
  • Citizen
  • 7805 posts

Posted 02 August 2014 - 10:27 AM

Ooo, yeah I hadn't thought of that.  I kind of liked Agent's odd shield, but I may just have to do the switch after all.

And Strafe, Ronan BAF has been batting between $120-150, and those prices were before the GotG nostalgia/popularity bump.

#1749 Dake

Dake

Resident resident

• Supporter
  • 19454 posts

Posted 03 August 2014 - 09:26 AM

After seeing the movie I'm really bummed that they didn't do 3 3/4" figures for this line.  My choices seem to be:
- 6" figures that are expensive and hard to find, with no Ronan or Nebula
- 2" figures that don't look very good, with ships that just seem kind of uninspired (anybody got them?)
- those pre-posed 5" figures with action features and limited character selection
- Titan Hero type things and whatever else, the less said the better
- Lego

That's actually a fair amount of merchandise (not that you'd know it from my local store which seems to have gotten precisely none of it) but it still seems underwhelming. I know the golden age of movie toys is over, but I would have loved to see a real Star Wars-style 3 3/4" push for this movie.

The GotG toy line is an interesting study in watching Hasbro try to figure things out. Obviously they've watched every Marvel movie toy line languish so I guess they're trying something new with the two inch scale.

The ships are neat, but not enough to pay full price. It seems they wanted to do the ships and offer compatibility so they sized the figures accordingly. I'll pick them up on sale at some point because I'm a fan of sci-fi ships in general.

Thing is, they've done this once before with GIJoe Sigma 6 and it didn't do great either.

8ZSy6aw.jpg

#1750 Betty Nor

Betty Nor
  • Citizen
  • 7805 posts

Posted 03 August 2014 - 11:33 AM

Oh man, I just found all my 2.5" Sigma Six toys the other day.  Those were really awesome.  Mind you, the "action posed" figures were crap, but the vehicles were glorious.  The Fire Bat Jet alone has reasserted itself to a place of honour on my bedroom closet shelf (a spot limited only to MP TFs and that Captain America figure I posted earlier).

I like the 2.5" scale; I just don't give a damn about GotG.

#1751 Fortress Ironhold

Fortress Ironhold

Blasphemer

• Banned
  • 20567 posts

Posted 03 August 2014 - 05:22 PM

From what I got from my fellow Joe collectors back in the day, more TF fans were buying the figures for use in Alternators figures than actual Joe fans were.

#1752 Ursa Magnus

Ursa Magnus

Yoinks!!

• Retired Staff
  • 9250 posts
  • Faction::RIRFIB

Posted 04 August 2014 - 09:10 PM

I remember that as the Captain America deluxe pack I was forced to buy to get US Agent's shield.

Likewise. I wasn't at all interested in the figure itself, just the shield. John needed a semi-proper shield of his own and that was where to get it.

In hindsight I wish I would have bought a few of these guys when they were pegwarming. Turns out that take away the shields and leave all that red armor on they make remarkably nice elite Soviet soldiers to stand beside your Winter Guard.

Edited by Ursa Magnus, 04 August 2014 - 09:12 PM.

#1753 Eneon

Eneon
  • Citizen
  • 6166 posts
  • Faction::Maximal

Posted 06 August 2014 - 08:10 PM

Why are people acting like the "special bonus" that comes with Hot Toys Rocket and Groot is spoiler.

I've yet to see the movie but seeing what it was didn't shock or surprise me. That's how Groot works.

It happened multiple times in the comics and at least once in a cartoon.

Edited by Silent_Magnus, 06 August 2014 - 08:11 PM.

#1754 Gryllid

Gryllid

Not a Real Fan

• Supporter
  • 1817 posts

Posted 07 August 2014 - 06:35 AM

Why are people acting like the "special bonus" that comes with Hot Toys Rocket and Groot is spoiler.

It's arguably a spoiler because...

Spoiler

And not all of the millions of people who see the movie have read the comic or seen the cartoon, although admittedly, most of them aren't the target audience for Hot Toys.

#1755 Eneon

Eneon
  • Citizen
  • 6166 posts
  • Faction::Maximal

Posted 07 August 2014 - 08:30 AM

It's arguably a spoiler because...

Spoiler

And not all of the millions of people who see the movie have read the comic or seen the cartoon, although admittedly, most of them aren't the target audience for Hot Toys.

If someone hasn't consumed ANY fiction with Groot in it yet then I doubt that they would see the significance of it. Telling them it's a spoiler is probably more of a spoiler than just showing them a picture of it.

#1756 Onyx Minor

Onyx Minor

Teporocho

• Staff
  • 11026 posts
  • Faction::Predacon

Posted 08 August 2014 - 07:37 AM

For those of you wanting the Jubilee wave, get to your local TRU now.  After getting the email yesterday from BBTS that I might not get my pre-order, I saw postings at the Fwoosh that they had hit the US in several places.  I went to check at my TRU and found the whole wave.  We also got more Captain America in (Black Widow) and 2 full sets of the Guardians wave.

10574374_10202642465922481_4589356610506

#1757 Wildwade

Wildwade

No, no. Finish sounding dumb, I'll wait.

• Citizen
  • 2750 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 08 August 2014 - 11:50 AM

Has anyone found any good substitute guns for Universe Death's Head to use yet?  His hands kind of make the choices limited...

Maybe some customizer will come up with something.

#1758 Ursa Magnus

Ursa Magnus

Yoinks!!

• Retired Staff
  • 9250 posts
  • Faction::RIRFIB

Posted 08 August 2014 - 12:53 PM

I like using the obnoxious over-sized gimmick guns that came with G.I. Joe figures. They seem a perfect fit for Death's Head.

#1759 Betty Nor

Betty Nor
  • Citizen
  • 7805 posts

Posted 08 August 2014 - 04:03 PM

Thanks for the heads up, Onyx.  My second TRU hit pay dirt.  Stryfe is a little disappointing because he totally needs his unmasked Cable-clone head.  Still, I've always had a soft spot for Stryfe so no regrets there.

And I know that I'm currently liquidating my ML collection, but these guys are sticking around indefinitely.  

IMG_4495.jpg

Why?  Because I'll always have a soft spot for the Blue/Gold days.

And these guys?  

IMG_4496.jpg

Also sticking around.  (WHERE'S MY DAMN AVALANCHE, HASBRO?!? - also a new Toad would be great, too)

I wasn't sure if new Magneto was going to displace my old Toybiz one.  Toybiz has that great removable helmet going for it, but Hasbro's has more paint details and is less floppy.

Anyone want dibs on Cyclops and Storm before I send them off to eBay?

Edited by Betty Nor, 08 August 2014 - 04:04 PM.

#1760 Wildwade

Wildwade

No, no. Finish sounding dumb, I'll wait.

• Citizen
  • 2750 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 08 August 2014 - 06:27 PM

I like using the obnoxious over-sized gimmick guns that came with G.I. Joe figures. They seem a perfect fit for Death's Head.

Any specific suggestions?

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users