Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  Benbot : (26 June 2019 - 03:27 PM)

new episodes are up?

@  Boomhauer : (26 June 2019 - 01:30 PM)

The voice acting bothers me less than the weird-as-hell timing on the action. Entire show feels like its paced like a internet cartoon.

@  PlutoniumBoss : (25 June 2019 - 10:12 PM)

It's like drawing someone in the "superhero landing" pose. It's just part of the cultural vocabulary at this point.

@  Arazyr : (25 June 2019 - 07:14 PM)

I can hear that post... *shudder*

@  B-Fox : (25 June 2019 - 06:09 PM)

So why does Cyberverse sound like . . . *that*?

@  Nevermore : (25 June 2019 - 04:05 PM)

Also, the theoretical new image would be a new compostion, it would just be individual bodies, or even just body parts, that are based on existing references by other creators, with the major caveat that there is more than one example for each reference so it's basically more like "following an established trend" than "copying someone's original creation".

@  Nevermore : (25 June 2019 - 04:03 PM)

Well, an homage is usually marked by a signature along the lines of "artist X after artist Y". I wasn't thinking about recreating something particularly memorable, just looking for reference images (just of a pose/perspective/layout) that looks like what I want, then finding more examples that just happen to look very similar, and it cannot be determined which version came "first".

@  ZakuConvoy : (25 June 2019 - 03:09 PM)

What you're describing is more an "homage" than plagiarism, really. I'm assuming you would be using different characters. It's basically like all the comic covers that homage the death of Supergirl cover from Crisis on Infinite Earths...but with different characters. It's not plagiarism, it's a reference. But if several artists have a memorable layout and are all using it, chances are it actually is referencing something memorably original.

@  Nevermore : (25 June 2019 - 01:56 PM)

Would that still qualify as plagiarism? After all, it could be argued that what I've recreated isn't that original to begin with since several other people have supposedly had the same general idependently from each other.

@  Nevermore : (25 June 2019 - 01:54 PM)

And I were then to create a new image, not traced but maybe "swiped", except I wouldn't copy a specific source image, but merely recreate the basic pose and perspective shared between all of them...

@  Nevermore : (25 June 2019 - 01:52 PM)

*deleted*

@  Nevermore : (25 June 2019 - 01:49 PM)

And out of sheer coincidence, they all feature very similar ideas, concepts, poses and/or perspectives, supposedly with none of the original creators having copied from one of the others...

@  Nevermore : (25 June 2019 - 01:47 PM)

Assuming I were to find not one but two, three, four or even more source images, all of them by different artists, or by different photographers depicting different models...

@  Nevermore : (25 June 2019 - 01:45 PM)

Just out of curiosity, a question regarding the concept of plagiarism:

@  Benbot : (25 June 2019 - 08:58 AM)

That game needs a remake

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (25 June 2019 - 08:57 AM)

I am Error.

@  TheMightyMol... : (25 June 2019 - 08:17 AM)

There is no error. There is only Zuul.

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (25 June 2019 - 07:51 AM)

The unicron singularity fixes all continuity errors.. including Power Rangers related ones now!

@  MEDdMI : (25 June 2019 - 07:06 AM)

I reject your canon and substitute my own

@  unluckiness : (25 June 2019 - 12:32 AM)

Answer: It doesn't matter because even if there was one, it was never relevant in S1 and it got blown up with his original body

@  PlutoniumBoss : (24 June 2019 - 10:55 PM)

Most people think Transformers canon is a series of discrete parallel lines, really it's more like a big ball of canony-wanony... stuff.

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (24 June 2019 - 06:31 PM)

Hate to say this, but the simple answer is that you are thinking too hard and realistically, it does not matter.

@  TheMightyMol... : (24 June 2019 - 04:57 PM)

Don't tell me what to do.

@  Paladin : (24 June 2019 - 04:16 PM)

don't cross the streams.

@  tffan01 : (24 June 2019 - 03:03 PM)

Or is this what AVP meant when he said that condradictory streams formed the JG1 timeline?

@  tffan01 : (24 June 2019 - 02:25 PM)

I don't like that idea.

@  tffan01 : (24 June 2019 - 02:24 PM)

In Ask Vector Prime, it was mentioned that in the Beast Wars 2 universe, Convoys all have Energon Matrices and that when Optimus Primal from the Japanese Beast Wars stream was transported to the Beast Wars 2 stream, his history was subtly altered that he too possessed an Energon Matrix. What does this mean? That Beast Wars 2 is actually not canon to the Japanese Beast Wars?

@  MEDdMI : (24 June 2019 - 08:54 AM)

yeah, I've got a few others that I need to check out/get removed. The nose one is small but annoying since I hit it every time I blow my nose.

@  unluckiness : (24 June 2019 - 08:46 AM)

Try to get a histopath examination if it isn't too expensive over there. It's probably just a mole but I'd think certainty would be better.

@  MEDdMI : (24 June 2019 - 07:59 AM)

@unluckiness I know, plan to get it removed but gotta get an appt first

@  Gizmoboy : (24 June 2019 - 07:50 AM)

oops... typed that in the wrong field. :)

@  Gizmoboy : (24 June 2019 - 07:50 AM)

gizmoboy

@  unluckiness : (24 June 2019 - 03:18 AM)

That is not a good thing, especially in the long term

@  MEDdMI : (23 June 2019 - 10:17 PM)

So who wants to hear about this mole on my nose that I keep scratching open

@  NotVeryKnightly : (23 June 2019 - 09:24 PM)

Yeah, it's kind of defeating the purpose of making political discussions more restricted if you're just gonna go at it elsewhere on this site.

@  Telly : (23 June 2019 - 07:06 PM)

that would probly fit better in the p & r thread. its there for things just like this

@  Nevermore : (23 June 2019 - 03:29 PM)

The citizens resisted by buying up all the town's beer reserves so the Nazis would have to stay sober the entire time.

@  Nevermore : (23 June 2019 - 03:28 PM)

Meanwhile, congratulations civil resistance, part 2: So a group of Nazis were holding one of their Good Old Times Reenactment festivals in a small East German town.

@  Nevermore : (23 June 2019 - 03:26 PM)

It's basically like an anti-Trump candidate winning Texas.

@  Nevermore : (23 June 2019 - 03:25 PM)

The mayoral elections of Istanbul are considered to be a key indicator for the political climate in the entire country.

@  Nevermore : (23 June 2019 - 03:24 PM)

This time, it was a landslide victory for the opposition's candidate.

@  Nevermore : (23 June 2019 - 03:23 PM)

After president Erdogan had a court revoke the results of the mayoral election of Istanbul after the opposition party's candidate had won by a small margin, the election was repeated today.

@  Nevermore : (23 June 2019 - 03:21 PM)

Congratulations, democracy part 1: Today is a historic day for Turkey.

@  PlutoniumBoss : (23 June 2019 - 02:31 PM)

Convert, does he timeout?

@  unluckiness : (23 June 2019 - 09:12 AM)

Did he form the feet and legs or the arms and body?

@  Patch : (22 June 2019 - 06:11 PM)

Nah, he was one of the Lions

@  MEDdMI : (22 June 2019 - 04:45 PM)

Is he a Shellformer

@  Nevermore : (22 June 2019 - 12:38 PM)

Supposedly it's about that football player Calvin Johnson.

@  Pennpenn : (22 June 2019 - 07:03 AM)

I'm vaguely confused why there is a Nicki Minaj song in my youtube reccomendations, but even more confused as to why that song (which appears to be from an official account) is called "MEGATRON".

@  Liege : (21 June 2019 - 10:03 PM)

Alpha Q all night long.

Photo

The Marvel Toy Thread

3583 replies to this topic

#661 Onyx Minor

Onyx Minor

Teporocho

• Staff
  • 11014 posts
  • Faction::Predacon

Posted 05 March 2013 - 10:55 PM

Here is a pic of what was left tonight:

NEWMU.JPG

Jubilee looked particularly bad. Butterface. icon-kicker.gif At least the toy has the potential to look good, if the paint is done right.

#662 Ursa Magnus

Ursa Magnus

Yoinks!!

• Retired Staff
  • 9250 posts
  • Faction::RIRFIB

Posted 05 March 2013 - 11:00 PM

*le sigh*

I guarantee you that these damn things are probably hanging on the pegs at one or both of the Wal-Marts that are just far enough away from me to be a pain in the ass to attempt to justify a trip to.

The one I can get to easily?

Jack.

Friggin'.

Squat.

icon-megs.gif

icon-screamer.gif

#663 Onyx Minor

Onyx Minor

Teporocho

• Staff
  • 11014 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 11:02 PM

QUOTE(Ursa Magnus @ Mar 5 2013, 10:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
*le sigh*

I guarantee you that these damn things are probably hanging on the pegs at one or both of the Wal-Marts that are just far enough away from me to be a pain in the ass to attempt to justify a trip to.

The one I can get to easily?

Jack.

Friggin'.

Squat.

icon-megs.gif

icon-screamer.gif

BTW, I have your list of wanted figures on my phone. I'll be looking this weekend, as we head to Houston and possibly Dallas. I can't promise anything, but I bet I find something. icon-ironhide.gif

#664 Ursa Magnus

Ursa Magnus

Yoinks!!

• Retired Staff
  • 9250 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 08:28 AM

Most appreciated as always, sir.

My trip yesterday wasn't a total waste, however. I finally got around to buying the Ultimate Hawkeye from the Avengers line. He's decent enough, but I wish he came with an actual bow instead of just a crossbow and two guns. And that giant waste of plastic gimmick thing.

I also grabbed the Skrull warrior from the same line. He's surprisingly quite nice. Granted, he lacks ankle, wrist, and a torso joint, but other than that he's got full motion. I'm more than pleased with him. And since I just have the one, he works nicely as Paibok the Power-Skrull since his costume has blue on it. Plus, he's a bit bigger than the normal Skrulls from the MU line. icon-ironhide.gif

I also bought some Star Wars guy (I forget his name) for his head. I was never pleased with the Zartan head I chose for my custom Jarvis, so I thought this one with his hair painted works better...

And for the heck of it, my Iron Man Armory...

Apologies for the crappy cell phone pics. Our actual camera died, so it's all I've got to work with for the nonce.

Edited by Ursa Magnus, 06 March 2013 - 08:29 AM.

#665 Nanite

Nanite

Imminently Ignorable

• Supporter
  • 5066 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 01:25 PM

Nice collection pics!

I'm going to have to go to Walmart on my lunch brake now, aren't I?
On them twitters

#666 Darkstream

Darkstream

The original darkstream since 2003!

• Supporter
  • 20494 posts
  • Faction::Minicon

Posted 06 March 2013 - 02:07 PM

i need a nova!

#667 Internet Jesus

Internet Jesus

And this is the way the world ends.

• Citizen
  • 22326 posts
  • Faction::Lesbian Ninja

Posted 06 March 2013 - 02:07 PM

Where'd that Norman head come from?

But in the current, digitized world, trivial information is accumulating every second, preserved in all its triteness. Never fading, always accessible. Rumors about petty issues, misinterpretations, slander... All this junk data preserved in an unfiltered state, growing at an alarming rate. It will only slow down social progress, reduce the rate of evolution. You seem to think that our plan is one of censorship. What we propose to do is not to control content, but to create context.

#668 Ursa Magnus

Ursa Magnus

Yoinks!!

• Retired Staff
  • 9250 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 02:09 PM

QUOTE(Internet Jesus @ Mar 6 2013, 02:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It was the variant figure for Iron Patriot.

Edited by Ursa Magnus, 06 March 2013 - 02:10 PM.

#669 Nanite

Nanite

Imminently Ignorable

• Supporter
  • 5066 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 07:42 PM

Of COURSE Walmart wouldn't have anything but Ultimate Spider Man and lingering Avengers toys.

And not a transformer in sight. It's like they started clearing shelves for the reset, and then got really sleepy.
On them twitters

#670 Detour

Detour

STR10 DEX7 CON12 INT10 WIS8 CHA1

• Supporter
  • 20573 posts
  • Faction::Maximal

Posted 06 March 2013 - 08:01 PM

QUOTE(Ursa Magnus @ Mar 6 2013, 08:28 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I finally got around to buying the Ultimate Hawkeye from the Avengers line. He's decent enough, but I wish he came with an actual bow instead of just a crossbow and two guns. And that giant waste of plastic gimmick thing.

So my knowledge of Ultimate stuff is incredibly barebones, but I was always under the impression that Ultimates Hawkeye used crossbows and pistols in favor of bows.
But, if you ever get movie Hawkeye (IMO a much superior figure), he's got two bows, so you can always give one to UltiHawkie.

You're far too young to be this bitter and angry at the world....

I'm reading that with Roy's voice. Heck, I read everything you post in a laconic Irish accent.

#671 Onyx Minor

Onyx Minor

Teporocho

• Staff
  • 11014 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 09:21 PM

Picked up Puck, Night Hawk, Nova and Hercules for Ursa tonight. He lucked out and got them on sale. Also saw a Wolverine from the ML line, and the MU Hawkeye/Moonstone/War Machine 3-pack.

#672 Ursa Magnus

Ursa Magnus

Yoinks!!

• Retired Staff
  • 9250 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 09:23 PM

*does the happy dance*

#673 Internet Jesus

Internet Jesus

And this is the way the world ends.

• Citizen
  • 22326 posts
  • Faction::Lesbian Ninja

Posted 07 March 2013 - 02:01 AM

QUOTE(Ursa Magnus @ Mar 6 2013, 11:09 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE(Internet Jesus @ Mar 6 2013, 02:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It was the variant figure for Iron Patriot.

Silly me, I thought they were Legends.

Hulk and Thorbusters threw me off.

But in the current, digitized world, trivial information is accumulating every second, preserved in all its triteness. Never fading, always accessible. Rumors about petty issues, misinterpretations, slander... All this junk data preserved in an unfiltered state, growing at an alarming rate. It will only slow down social progress, reduce the rate of evolution. You seem to think that our plan is one of censorship. What we propose to do is not to control content, but to create context.

#674 Nightwing

Nightwing
  • Citizen
  • 960 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 04:21 AM

QUOTE(Detour @ Mar 7 2013, 01:01 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE(Ursa Magnus @ Mar 6 2013, 08:28 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I finally got around to buying the Ultimate Hawkeye from the Avengers line. He's decent enough, but I wish he came with an actual bow instead of just a crossbow and two guns. And that giant waste of plastic gimmick thing.

So my knowledge of Ultimate stuff is incredibly barebones, but I was always under the impression that Ultimates Hawkeye used crossbows and pistols in favor of bows.
But, if you ever get movie Hawkeye (IMO a much superior figure), he's got two bows, so you can always give one to UltiHawkie.

He did mainly use guns when wearing that purple masked suit, still mourning his late family (although I believe that suit just reappeared in the comics for some reason). He mainly used bows when wearing his maskless costume, which is nearly identical to the version from the Avengers movie.
Ninpo Ikkan Magakoro Ni Masari

Shikin Haramitsu Daikomyo

#675 Ursa Magnus

Ursa Magnus

Yoinks!!

• Retired Staff
  • 9250 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 08:47 AM

QUOTE(Internet Jesus @ Mar 7 2013, 02:01 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Silly me, I thought they were Legends.

Hulk and Thorbusters threw me off.

Understandable. I pose those figures with the smaller guys because I like the idea of Tony having these MASSIVE suits to deal with the Hulk and Thor.

QUOTE(Detour @ Mar 7 2013, 01:01 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Good to know. I may seek him out since I've got some movie Avengers (Just the Big Three actually) on another shelf as well.

QUOTE(Nightwing @ Mar 7 2013, 04:21 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
He did mainly use guns when wearing that purple masked suit, still mourning his late family (although I believe that suit just reappeared in the comics for some reason). He mainly used bows when wearing his maskless costume, which is nearly identical to the version from the Avengers movie.

I was unaware. I shied away from the Ultimate Universe around the time Loeb/Maduriera took over. Thanks!

#676 Ursa Magnus

Ursa Magnus

Yoinks!!

• Retired Staff
  • 9250 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 11:08 AM

And the West Coast Avengers pack is mine! Woot! I'm looking forward to adding Mockingbird (and possibly replacing the current Hawkeye and War Machine) to my Avengers display. icon-ironhide.gif

#677 Cat

Cat
  • Retired Staff
  • 11612 posts
  • Faction::Autobot

Posted 07 March 2013 - 11:08 AM

How did that Nova see release? The head is mind-boggling. Imagine his eyes with the helmet off.

It seems so odd with all the other realistically-styled MU figs.

#678 Ursa Magnus

Ursa Magnus

Yoinks!!

• Retired Staff
  • 9250 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 11:41 AM

While they're not toys, they are Marvel items. My Eaglemoss Asgardians have been increased by one as once and future Valkyrie Dani Moonstar joins the gathered host...

#679 Nanite

Nanite

Imminently Ignorable

• Supporter
  • 5066 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 01:15 PM

QUOTE(Onyx Minor @ Mar 6 2013, 06:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Picked up Puck, Night Hawk, Nova and Hercules for Ursa tonight. He lucked out and got them on sale. Also saw a Wolverine from the ML line, and the MU Hawkeye/Moonstone/War Machine 3-pack.

Man, I forgot that wave even existed! Serious distribution black hole here.

Love the Asgard display Ursa.

Edited by Nanite, 07 March 2013 - 01:15 PM.

On them twitters

#680 Onyx Minor

Onyx Minor

Teporocho

• Staff
  • 11014 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 08:40 PM

And now I know I have missed the Prof twice. They had 2 Blastaars, one regular (which had no paint issues this time) and one variant. I want Prof. X and Jubilee... icon-megs.gif

And a frickin' Miles Morales... icon-megs.gif icon-megs.gif icon-megs.gif

QUOTE(Nanite @ Mar 7 2013, 12:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE(Onyx Minor @ Mar 6 2013, 06:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Man, I forgot that wave even existed! Serious distribution black hole here.

Love the Asgard display Ursa.

Let me know if you want me to try and get them for you. icon-ironhide.gif

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users