Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  Verno : (11 July 2020 - 11:20 PM)

2021: :idea :rolleyes :p :D

@  -LittleAutob... : (11 July 2020 - 06:20 PM)

Perfection. :thumbsup

@  Patch : (11 July 2020 - 06:17 PM)

My plans:  :hmm  2020:  :)

@  -LittleAutob... : (11 July 2020 - 06:02 PM)

Our plans for 2020 were as amazing as Optimus Prime. But then 2020 came like Hot Rod.

@  -LittleAutob... : (11 July 2020 - 05:50 PM)

Indeed....

@  Bass X0 : (11 July 2020 - 05:40 PM)

"He who dies with the most toys wins."

@  Rycochet : (11 July 2020 - 01:11 PM)

Hey you, get moving, it's not too far, you're looking good so come as you are. Hey you, you never know what you'll see, when it's through that door with the 73.

@  Rycochet : (11 July 2020 - 01:10 PM)

Hey you, get ready, get on your feet. Get into gear and hit the street.

@  Maximus Ambus : (11 July 2020 - 12:46 PM)

I recall number 73 (old british show) discussing the Transformers movie and had the presenters trying to transform a few figures, one argued his deflated beach ball was a Transformer too.

@  PlutoniumBoss : (11 July 2020 - 08:03 AM)

And he's a big ball, but he's not the biggest ball of them all. (That'll be Pulse Unicron.)

@  Maximus Ambus : (11 July 2020 - 07:37 AM)

Trypticon so scared my Primus figure he turned into a ball.

@  ▲ndrusi : (09 July 2020 - 09:56 PM)

King Nine, however, will not return.

@  Bass X0 : (09 July 2020 - 05:05 PM)

Bass_X0 will return after these messages ^^^

@  TheMightyMol... : (09 July 2020 - 03:37 PM)

WHATAMIFIGHTINGFOOOOOOOOARRGH

@  -LittleAutob... : (09 July 2020 - 02:06 PM)

Okay?

@  Otaku : (09 July 2020 - 07:47 AM)

@TheMightyMollusk Ah, but the series itself has pronounced "Bass" both ways. ;)  Oh, 90s English Capcom video game voice acting...

@  Maximus Ambus : (09 July 2020 - 03:14 AM)

Looking at my Titan Returns collection I can see they realised they didn't have to paint the Titan Masters after wave one, lazy bums.

@  Maruten : (08 July 2020 - 09:13 PM)

No, I'm going with "fish".

@  TheMightyMol... : (08 July 2020 - 04:19 PM)

He stated that it's in reference to the Mega Man character, so it follows the series' tradition of music names.

@  Cybersnark : (08 July 2020 - 03:59 PM)

The real question is if it's "bass" as in music or "bass" as in the fish.

@  Otaku : (08 July 2020 - 01:27 PM)

Well, at least now I know how to pronounce @Bass X0 's screen name. ^^'  Rather, I think I'd just forgotten.  In my defense, it really does look like an emoticon or maybe just "decoration", which is what a lot of folks add to their screen names online.  Usually because someone has the name they really want. XD

@  ▲ndrusi : (08 July 2020 - 01:27 PM)

Extremely unimpressed with your idea that someone making a negative observation you don't like means they "got triggered."

@  NotVeryKnightly : (08 July 2020 - 11:16 AM)

You know somebody asked "And this would be in relation to... what exactly?"

@  Bass X0 : (08 July 2020 - 11:15 AM)

Its because someone got triggered over my random musings instead of just ignoring them. If I read one of your comments that is of no relevance or interest to me, I don't feel the need to say so.

@  -LittleAutob... : (08 July 2020 - 10:56 AM)

All this over someone's username lol

@  ▲ndrusi : (08 July 2020 - 08:34 AM)

Bazro.

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (08 July 2020 - 06:34 AM)

It could be Bass 10-0

@  Nevermore : (08 July 2020 - 06:11 AM)

How do you pronounce yourself? "Bass Ex-O" or "Bass Ex-Zero"?

@  Bass X0 : (08 July 2020 - 03:23 AM)

I did almost go with Vile Bass X0, because Vile is cool too.

@  PlutoniumBoss : (07 July 2020 - 08:34 PM)

Bossk Saw

@  ▲ndrusi : (07 July 2020 - 04:16 PM)

Bass XD

@  Bass X0 : (07 July 2020 - 03:43 PM)

And its not Bass XO, its Bass X0, as in Bass, X and Zero from the Mega Man series.

@  -LittleAutob... : (07 July 2020 - 02:33 PM)

@Trpodeca :( :(

@  -LittleAutob... : (07 July 2020 - 02:32 PM)

Thats what a gray rock is? Then I'm not one.

@  Trpodeca : (07 July 2020 - 02:12 PM)

Man I just learnt about what seemed like a really cool show, only to realize it was a dream and it dosen't really exist.

@  Bass X0 : (07 July 2020 - 01:02 PM)

Just something I read that I wanted to share. I heard "gray rock" mentioned in a video, so I looked it up and that was the definition.

@  TheMightyMol... : (07 July 2020 - 12:20 PM)

It's a fancy way of saying "Ignore annoying people".

@  NotVeryKnightly : (07 July 2020 - 12:15 PM)

Bass XO has a habit of pasting random drivel here as if doing so were profound.

@  wonko the sane? : (07 July 2020 - 11:30 AM)

And this would be in relation to... what exactly?

@  Bass X0 : (07 July 2020 - 11:25 AM)

"One strategy for dealing with a narcissist or sociopath is to act like a "gray rock," meaning that you become uninteresting and unresponsive. You don't feed their needs for drama or attention. You don't show emotion, say anything interesting, or disclose any personal information"

@  Nevermore : (06 July 2020 - 07:23 PM)

Oh wow. Studio Series Offroad Bumblebee is awesome. His articulation is amazing.

@  -LittleAutob... : (06 July 2020 - 11:18 AM)

Oof-

@  Maximus Ambus : (05 July 2020 - 01:10 AM)

I got Studio Series 39 Cogman yesterday and woke up to find he'd decapitated my titans returns figures.

@  wonko the sane? : (04 July 2020 - 10:19 PM)

If I had a sarcasm powered mouth.. ooohh waaaiiittt...

@  -LittleAutob... : (04 July 2020 - 05:01 PM)

Heh

@  Bass X0 : (04 July 2020 - 02:56 PM)

"If I had sarcasm-powered legs, I'd do a happy dance...!"

@  TheMightyMol... : (04 July 2020 - 02:39 PM)

The real clones were the friends we made along the way.

@  Maximus Ambus : (04 July 2020 - 01:47 PM)

So the Emperor in episodes 1 through 6 was a clone?

@  ▲ndrusi : (04 July 2020 - 10:47 AM)

(And the 0th anniversary of the last time I couldn't do math.)

@  ▲ndrusi : (04 July 2020 - 10:46 AM)

Today is the 24th anniversary of the day we fought off an alien invasion with the help of Will Smith.

Photo

The Marvel Toy Thread

3784 replies to this topic

#3741 Betty Nor

Betty Nor
  • Citizen
  • 7827 posts

Posted 05 May 2020 - 06:12 PM

If I thought discontinuing the BAF process would lower the price of ML figures, I would be for it.  I'd rather buy BAF whole as deluxe figures than feel compelled to buy another Spidey variant or D-list character.

But since that's not likely going to happen, I guess I'll just keep getting both.  P.O.'ed Kingpin because I want him on the vintage card, even though the deco isn't 90s Spider-Man.

And also since I ended up using my BAF Kingpin for Farouk's body, I may be compelled to open him some day.  Until then, I'll keep my Face Off Kingpin from ToyBiz in my Spider-Villain shelf.

#3742 Daith

Daith

My Nyah brings all the girls to the yard

• Supporter
  • 9513 posts
  • Faction::Maximal

Posted 06 May 2020 - 01:32 AM

OMG How did I never think of using the Kingpin Body for the Shadow Kings head. :doh

But I do only have a Leg of Kingpin so I guess it never was kind of a thing I was going for anyways. But with all the Spiders I've gotten recently I do need to offset it with some good villains..... The downside is I really have no love for many of Spidey's Villains classic appearances. I'd like a classic Green Goblin or Hobgoblin, Sandman, and maybe Scorpion, but others like Doc Ock, Rhino, Chameleon and more just do nothing for me. Though Sandman may be me wanting to have him with Sable and a Wildpack army builder figure. Currently the only three Spider villains I've got have been the Demogoblin BaF which I grabbed mostly off eBay, Doppelganger, and Superior Octopus. But If they did a 90's toon Ock and Vulture I'd be down for that.

As it is, without rereleases of some of them I'll settle for the new releases of Kingpin and Venom. Still have a few Spider's I need yet to collect too, including a normal Pete :D  And either Classic or the White suit for 2099.

Switch code: SW-6538-7795-1972

#3743 mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon

Hello, world

• Supporter
  • 19425 posts

Posted 07 May 2020 - 05:28 AM

OMG How did I never think of using the Kingpin Body for the Shadow Kings head. :doh

That is the intended purpose of the head, even if it's not officially documented anywhere.  It was one of those "bonus" accessories, in the same vein as the previous Onslaught head inclusion with Rogue, or the Apocalypse claw weapon inclusion with Deluxe Archangel.

Even more of a secret "hack" though, is commandeering the BAF Monster Venom's hands to complete the Shadow King look.

Edited by mx-01 archon, 07 May 2020 - 05:29 AM.

#3744 Daith

Daith

• Supporter
  • 9513 posts

Posted 22 May 2020 - 06:22 PM

Pre orders for the Retro Spidey wave, AoA Apocalypse, and War Machine went live at online retailers today it seems

#3745 Betty Nor

Betty Nor
  • Citizen
  • 7827 posts

Posted 23 May 2020 - 05:53 AM

Yep.  PO'ed all except Daredevil, whom I still want but am going to wait for a possible sale later.

#3746 Daith

Daith

• Supporter
  • 9513 posts

Posted 23 May 2020 - 09:21 AM

I went after Spidey, Gwen, and Goblin. That Pete doesnt do it for me. If the glasses are removable on the normal head maybe, but on that card Id want to see a Pete based on the 90s cartoon with the polo going on :D

I should get classic Electro, but like classic Ock, I just am not fond of the excessive lightning mask and would rather see a modern version of Max with the bolt patterns etched on his face. DD is kinda tempting as I always was a sucker for heroes with over the top armored suits in the era. If I saw an affordable Knightfall AzBatman that was comparable to a ML figure Id be all over it.

But AoA Apocalypse is purchased no buts about it. Besides being an AoA fanboy, I could definitely use the extra head to finally complete the BaF version somewhat. But admittedly the Shadow Kings head does look interesting on it for now.

War Machine is tempting mainly for the effects parts. Classic WM is cool on itself but Im not trying to start an Iron Man Armory. I almost went down that rabbit hole with Endgame Rescue.

Im actually more curious as to when the Strong Guy wave is now. I really hope its late in the year now. There is way too much going on in September right now.

#3747 Betty Nor

Betty Nor
  • Citizen
  • 7827 posts

Posted 23 May 2020 - 10:13 AM

I initially passed on Peter, myself as even though I know the glasses are the classic comic book design, I feel like it makes the figure look like he'd be hanging outside kiddie parks in a van.

Then I had the thought that I might be able to use my Peter head from the MJ two-pack and that was enough to sell me on it.  If the head doesn't fit, then I guess that will be that.

For the retro series, I'm only planning to open Peter and Gwen.  Maybe a second Spider-Man, but I've already got Gobby and Electro so they'll be staying MOC on the wall with my retro-X-men.  Basically, if the figure was an original release, it stays MOC.  If it's just a figure on a retro card, then it gets opened.

It's why I have Cyclops, Iceman, Storm, Silver Samurai, and Deadpool all still on their cards, but I opened Dazzler and Wolverine with no hesitation.  I did go back and get doubles of Silver Samurai, Storm, and Iceman, though.

Edited by Betty Nor, 23 May 2020 - 05:13 PM.

#3748 ZacWilliam1

ZacWilliam1
  • Citizen
  • 17827 posts
  • Faction::RIRFIB

Posted 23 May 2020 - 01:54 PM

I only ordered the Pete. Why? Because I'm trying to limit my ML figure buying to mostly Avengers/Hulk characters and when I saw that Pete I thought it'd be a great base for 90's leather jacketed Avengers. Figure I'll put a Black Knight head on it and see what I think.

-ZacWilliam, I would have bought Moon Knight probably if the release had made that possible.
Ever wonder about the speed of Turbofoxes?
Or the proverbial ailerons of Titanium Moosebots?

*Visit the one and only Cybertronic Bestiary.
For a mechazoologic tour of the mechanimals of Cybertron.

#3749 Powered Convoy

Powered Convoy

Skywarp Connoisseur

• Retired Staff
  • 67291 posts

Posted 23 May 2020 - 06:21 PM

Just AoA Apocalypse here.

I'm an X-Men guy.

ACItEK8.png

#3750 Daith

Daith

• Supporter
  • 9513 posts

Posted 01 June 2020 - 02:27 PM

Preorders for the Deadpool wave came up online. Mostly sold out already on Pulse though. So confirmed wave is now Deadpool in Blue X-men Uniform, Pirate Deadpool, Shiklah (Deadpools Vampire Queen Wife I believe?) with a Landshark(?!), Black Tom Cassidy, Sunspot, Warpath, and Maverick. BaF is 90's X-Factor Strong Guy.

I know most of that was pretty much known but Shiklah and Landshark was an interesting choice. I'm buying the full wave mainly to get Strong Guy but I'll admit I'm actually wanting the majority of this one. Blue Pool and Shiklah are probably the only two I'm really thinking of reselling later. Maverick squeaks by just by looking cool. But I will take the Landshark! Most of the others I still need for the various X-teams and Pirate Deadpool is just yes.If I'm to actually own a Deadpool Legends figure it might as well be Pirate Pool

#3751 ZacWilliam1

ZacWilliam1
  • Citizen
  • 17827 posts

Posted 01 June 2020 - 04:25 PM

His name is Jeff.

-ZacWilliam, and he's been Marvel's super cute sidekick pet in a couple books recently.
Ever wonder about the speed of Turbofoxes?
Or the proverbial ailerons of Titanium Moosebots?

*Visit the one and only Cybertronic Bestiary.
For a mechazoologic tour of the mechanimals of Cybertron.

#3752 Betty Nor

Betty Nor
  • Citizen
  • 7827 posts

Posted 01 June 2020 - 06:28 PM

Somehow I need another AoA shelf.

IMG_6837.jpg

It's a good problem to have.

#3753 Powered Convoy

Powered Convoy

Skywarp Connoisseur

• Retired Staff
  • 67291 posts

Posted 01 June 2020 - 07:41 PM

I don't want the Deadpools, but do want Guido.

ACItEK8.png

#3754 Daith

Daith

• Supporter
  • 9513 posts

Posted 01 June 2020 - 09:47 PM

Shiklah could almost be a M:tG characters sister the way she looks. Or one redco and slight retool away from a classic Storm. Has Hasbro done Storms 1st appearance look before?

#3755 Betty Nor

Betty Nor
  • Citizen
  • 7827 posts

Posted 01 June 2020 - 10:02 PM

I PO'ed everyone except the Deadpools and Shiklah.  I've got a shelf that's split largely between Wolverine variant and Deadpool variant overflow so the Pirate Deadpool will eventually have a home.  I already have the previous release of blue Deadpool, but I guess he can be replaced.

No idea where I'd put Shiklah.  She doesn't really qualify as an X-baddy.  More like Marvel Monsters, of which I have no interest.

If anything gets me to buy her it will be the Guido piece and the Gwenpool shark.  If I were to find her on sale, that would be the trifecta.

Maybe since the moulding is largely there, we can get a deluxe release of AoA Guido with the cybernetic arm.  Cuz I mean, what else can you remould out of him?

#3756 Blacknife

Blacknife

Never heard of it; never will

• Citizen
  • 5892 posts

Posted 07 June 2020 - 05:05 PM

I had preordered the AoA line through Targets deal, then Target pulled some weird deal with the order and I ended up only getting AoA Sunfire.    Got the rest at Walmart. 

I also got the Deluxe Black Widow and used the stand for a discounted Cannonball (the blast effects give a "just took off" look).    90's Sunfire and Warpath will help my X-Force line-up. 

I'm tempted on getting AoA Apoc....I think that's one of his better costume iterations. 

#3757 PlutoniumBoss

PlutoniumBoss

In whatever heinous realm that it squats...

• Citizen
  • 7026 posts
  • Faction::Unicron's Spawn

Posted 17 June 2020 - 01:04 AM

I am completely unable to even right now. 

https://hasbropulse....nteractive-head

In need of BW Bonecrusher's missile, PM me if you have a spare.

#3758 Daith

Daith

• Supporter
  • 9513 posts

Posted 17 June 2020 - 01:14 AM

Ya I saw the video about it while I was randomly checking Pulse earlier. I think it's cool that it exists for those that crazy about Deadpool. But that is one weird Furby wannabe to make.

#3759 Betty Nor

Betty Nor
  • Citizen
  • 7827 posts

Posted 17 June 2020 - 11:03 PM

I understand why they had to bleep the wirty dords, but it does kind of take away from it's appeal.

Easy pass for me anyway.

#3760 PlutoniumBoss

PlutoniumBoss

In whatever heinous realm that it squats...

• Citizen
  • 7026 posts
  • Faction::Unicron's Spawn

Posted 17 June 2020 - 11:53 PM

They should have put in a way to uncensor it on the app.

In need of BW Bonecrusher's missile, PM me if you have a spare.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users