Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  TheMightyMol... : (19 October 2019 - 06:40 AM)

What's it like to have management that's willing to listen to things they don't want to hear? I've never seen that.

@  Nevermore : (19 October 2019 - 04:41 AM)

I manage to argue within the company's own internal logic and point out the flaws, shortcomings and discrepancies between "official company policy" and "everyday company reality".

@  Nevermore : (19 October 2019 - 04:40 AM)

Many of my coworkers are scared to even talk to managers. I often discuss company matters with them I disagree with, and it isn't a rare occurrence that they say "yeah, you're right..."

@  Nevermore : (19 October 2019 - 04:38 AM)

I know how to watch my tone, and I prefer to keep things straightforward and factual, never to attack the person, always the problem itself.

@  Nevermore : (19 October 2019 - 04:37 AM)

The good thing for me is ever since a minor hiccup many years ago when I was still non-permanent, I've always managed to along just fine with my various superiors (I've been through over a dozen already). And that's despite my outspokenness, my blunt honesty and my oftentimes harsh criticism.

@  Sabrblade : (18 October 2019 - 11:04 PM)

With visuals presented by the Cybernet Space Cube

@  Dekafox : (18 October 2019 - 04:51 PM)

And don't forget to sign up for a cybersecurity seminar while you're there

@  Dekafox : (18 October 2019 - 04:47 PM)

Well you can always strap on some cyberlimbs and go into cyberspace for a cyberpunk experience

@  NotVeryKnightly : (18 October 2019 - 04:28 PM)

You know that "cyber" doesn't mean "cyborg", right?

@  Maximus Ambus : (18 October 2019 - 04:16 PM)

So where's the Cyborgs on CYBERtron?

@  The Doctor Who : (18 October 2019 - 03:47 PM)

Click here and we can send you notifications about your desire to discontinue notifications!

@  Benbot : (18 October 2019 - 10:40 AM)

Why does every damn website want to send me notifications? NO, no one wants your popups! Quit asking!

@  Echowarrior : (18 October 2019 - 09:19 AM)

Amazon in the US has pretty good benefits, though, and even the temp workers had forty hours a week to start with. Even with minimum wage, that's pretty good pay.

@  Nevermore : (18 October 2019 - 01:20 AM)

Oh, the turnover rates are high here as well.

@  TM2-Megatron : (17 October 2019 - 09:45 PM)

Amazon.com and .ca, on the other hand, can be pretty terrible. I know from your squawkbox posts that you guys have your issues with Amazon over there, although you're lucky to have stronger government regulations and a union there. I gather the warehouse workers in the USA and Canada have it pretty crappy, with very high turnover, close to minimum wage pay, and no unions

@  TM2-Megatron : (17 October 2019 - 09:38 PM)

Amazon.de doesn't really have the same issue. I've ordered from them (and UK, FR, IT and JP) several times, and their packaging is much better

@  Nevermore : (17 October 2019 - 05:22 PM)

I'm not sure how it works on the customer's end. As packers, we sometimes have items that are flagged as "overwrap", which means we absolutely have to put them into a box even if they're already in pretty sturdy manufacturer packaging.

@  TM2-Megatron : (17 October 2019 - 03:05 PM)

Yeah, I really do wish amazon had an option to upgrade packaging for an extra buck or something. I hate their bubble mailers

@  Benbot : (17 October 2019 - 07:17 AM)

That's how it works. I just hope my order from Amazon doesn't arrive crushed because they idiotically stuffed it in an envelope.

@  Telly : (16 October 2019 - 10:48 PM)

my walmart is acting true to form. as soon as mirage arrives from amazon, my walmart gets his entire wave in after months of having wave 1 clogging the pegs....

@  Nevermore : (16 October 2019 - 05:18 PM)

I stirred up some trouble at work, complained about the blatant neglect of employee safety. Was asked to take photos and write down the locations so the matter could be properly escalated. Made me feel a little better.

@  wonko the sane? : (15 October 2019 - 02:55 PM)

I got stabbed in the eyelid by a mudwasp, pulled down a tree, and then got ice cream. You know, all told: not a bad day.

@  Maximus Ambus : (15 October 2019 - 09:17 AM)

Burrunjor

@  Paladin : (15 October 2019 - 08:04 AM)

your mom.

@  Benbot : (15 October 2019 - 08:02 AM)

What's your favorite Paleolithic megafauna?

@  TM2-Megatron : (14 October 2019 - 10:06 PM)

Together with the Rhino G1 sets, probably the most expensive DVDs I ever bought

@  TM2-Megatron : (14 October 2019 - 10:01 PM)

I've still got the age-old Rhino sets

@  Telly : (14 October 2019 - 09:09 PM)

i didnt find that at any of the ones around here, so i had to settle for seasons 1 and 2 of duckman for $3

@  Steevy Maximus : (14 October 2019 - 07:45 PM)

Heck, I got the season 2/3 set for $3 (?) from a Dollar General discount bin :p

@  TM2-Megatron : (14 October 2019 - 07:29 PM)

The series is pretty cheap on DVD, too, which at least will work internet or no. The complete series set seems to be OOP, but there's a Season 1 set as well as a combined 2 & 3 set.

@  wonko the sane? : (14 October 2019 - 06:10 PM)

Woot! Beast wars!

@  Steevy Maximus : (14 October 2019 - 06:08 PM)

Yay! Tubi now has the first season of Rescue Bots and the full run of Beast Wars FINALLY available.

@  Benbot : (14 October 2019 - 02:16 PM)

Just like me in a game of Civilization. Don't have gunpowder? Time for your cities to burn.

@  Rycochet : (14 October 2019 - 01:51 PM)

He dubbed the peoples that saw him as bad news cannibals and savages before enslaving and wiping them out too.

@  wonko the sane? : (14 October 2019 - 01:40 PM)

And if they had been unfriendly: he would have simply slaughtered them with diseases they couldn't fight, and technology they couldn't match until they as a people did not exist. There's something about european backgrounds that drive us to exploit.

@  Rycochet : (14 October 2019 - 11:02 AM)

He described the peoples he encountered as some of the most friendly and giving in the world, so naturally, he ate all their food, enslaved them and put them to work looking for gold that did not exist, until they as a people did not exist.

@  Paladin : (14 October 2019 - 09:57 AM)

he landed by coincidence in front of long-term residents.

@  Sabrblade : (14 October 2019 - 09:55 AM)

He said the world was round-o! (He said the world was round-o!) He said it could be found-o! (He said it could be found-o!) That hypothetical, calculated, son-of-a-gun, Columbo! (That hypothetical, calculated, son-of-a-gun, Columbo!)

@  Benbot : (14 October 2019 - 09:22 AM)

In the year 1492, Columbus gave us the day off skoo

@  Noideaforaname : (14 October 2019 - 08:59 AM)

How often do people actually celebrate Columbus or the Pilgrims? Usually it just feels like celebrating the first break in the school year and a nice dinner with the family.

@  wonko the sane? : (14 October 2019 - 08:29 AM)

You've got like two more weeks until the american thanksgiving. Canadian thanksgiving is literally a harvest festival.

@  CVReynolds : (14 October 2019 - 08:09 AM)

Hey, everyone. Come together to enjoy this national holiday made to celebrate a mass-murderer who never set foot in the USA. What fun!

@  Benbot : (14 October 2019 - 07:25 AM)

that's perfect!

@  PlutoniumBoss : (14 October 2019 - 02:22 AM)

A school-bus combiner called Valedictorion.

@  TriBlurr : (13 October 2019 - 12:16 AM)

Honor-Roll

@  Arazyr : (11 October 2019 - 08:18 AM)

I like that one.

@  PlutoniumBoss : (09 October 2019 - 10:39 PM)

Oh, how about Dropout?

@  Pinkcolliebot : (09 October 2019 - 07:47 PM)

Hey Everyone I'm beginning to put together The TF Roll Out Short Hot Rod's Presentation!

@  PlutoniumBoss : (09 October 2019 - 02:35 PM)

Truant.

@  Maximus Ambus : (09 October 2019 - 12:26 PM)

Haslab Unicron may change the direction of Cyberverse or the netflix series.

Photo

The Marvel Toy Thread

3657 replies to this topic

#3521 Daith

Daith

My Nyah brings all the girls to the yard

• Supporter
  • 9118 posts
  • Faction::Maximal

Posted 06 May 2019 - 01:04 AM

There was a Legends version of the Red and Gold Iron Spider made at one point wasn't there? I have a version of an early Hasbro line, but I don't believe it was coined under the Legends line at the time. It was the Spider-Man Origins line

Edited by Daith, 06 May 2019 - 01:06 AM.

#3522 Benbot

Benbot

What a nerd

• Supporter
  • 5350 posts

Posted 06 May 2019 - 12:57 PM

Found all but Beast and Weapon X from the latest wave. Little bummed that Jubilee's glasses seemingly don't come off from her normal face. :/

I haven't been able to find them anywhere.  The Amazon preorder for Gambit gives a release date of 7/1.  Are they not actually supposed to be out yet?

Edited by Benbot, 06 May 2019 - 01:00 PM.

#3523 Powered Convoy

Powered Convoy

Skywarp Connoisseur

• Retired Staff
  • 65833 posts
  • Faction::RIRFIB

Posted 06 May 2019 - 02:30 PM

Found all but Beast and Weapon X from the latest wave. Little bummed that Jubilee's glasses seemingly don't come off from her normal face. :/

I haven't been able to find them anywhere.  The Amazon preorder for Gambit gives a release date of 7/1.  Are they not actually supposed to be out yet?

I've found them at 3 different Walmarts.  So they're out there.  Kind of annoyed by the Jubilee normal head thing.

ACItEK8.png

#3524 Betty Nor

Betty Nor
  • Citizen
  • 7750 posts

Posted 06 May 2019 - 05:43 PM

Amazon have sent me my Beast, but the rest are still in pre-order limbo.

#3525 Sean Whitmore

Sean Whitmore
  • Citizen
  • 8037 posts

Posted 06 May 2019 - 06:15 PM

Amazon have sent me my Beast, but the rest are still in pre-order limbo.

Same here. I got a notice that they were going to send me Jubilee too, but then decided, nope, she'll come in July with the rest of the wave.

PSN: SeanWhitmore

Switch: SW-7452-6932-0513

3DS: 0490-6399-8582

I did a new video thing:
https://www.allspark.com/forums/topic/159447-whos-the-right-arm/

#3526 000

• Citizen
  • 2803 posts

Posted 10 May 2019 - 01:00 AM

Marvel Legends Endgame Wave 2 will be up for preorder at Hasbro Pulse tomorrow at 12 PM EST.

Full wave shown here, SPOILERS for Endgame, obviously...  (The comic figures are Loki, Union Jack, Beta Ray Bill, and Rock Python.)

https://www.instagra.../p/BxRQWnzlMhB/

Spoiler

Edited by Aberration, 10 May 2019 - 01:03 AM.

#3527 CORVUS

CORVUS

Everyone has secrets.

• Supporter
  • 32870 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 10 May 2019 - 01:05 AM

Superb wave. The only figure I don't want is Loki, and that War Machine kicks all imaginable ass.

Now, we need a proper Endgame Cap, and ThiccThor.

Edited by CORVUS, 10 May 2019 - 01:05 AM.

“She went around with the attitude that she would rather be beaten to death than take any shit.” - Stieg Larsson

#3528 Sean Whitmore

Sean Whitmore
  • Citizen
  • 8037 posts

Posted 10 May 2019 - 01:19 AM

Did Cap wear a new uniform in Endgame? I am historically bad at noticing these things.

I did a new video thing:

#3529 000

• Citizen
  • 2803 posts

Posted 10 May 2019 - 02:33 AM

It's very similar to his previous uniform from Civil/Infinity War, except the chest and shoulders are covered in armored scales.  I don't blame you for not noticing.

https://marvelcinema...erica's_Uniform

#3530 ZacWilliam1

ZacWilliam1
  • Citizen
  • 17292 posts

Posted 10 May 2019 - 11:49 AM

I've traditionally stayed away from 6inch Marvel Legends toys because 1) I prefer the 3 3/4 or 4 inch scale I grew up with for action figures and 2) the bigger size means a bigger price and I already collect too many things for my wallet's comfort.

I've had the Death's Head II figure and the older Heroes for Hire Armor Black Knight but that's it. On a whim cause we got our tax return this week and my birthday is coming up my wife bought me the Infinity War wave Black Knight and Malekith. I like them a lot and that got me thinking I'd like the Black Knight's teammates from the 90s Avengers. So now I have Hercules and Vision on my Amazon Wishlist. Sadly there havn't been any Sersi and Crystal Legends. Boo. :p

And THAT got me thinking of other teams I'd like to own and looking at how spotty their Completion are. There's Citizen V and Songbird for Thunderbolts and that's all. Night Thrasher but no Speedball or Namorita or the rest. Major Victory/Vance Astro but a Charlie 27 or Martinex seems to have little chance. The inability to complete these line-ups is saving me from spending too much and jumping in whole hog.

On the other hand I just bought Wonder Man off Ebay so I can team him with the just released Beast figure. ;p

-ZacWilliam, also it seems absolutely insane to me that we've never gotten a Squirrel Girl figure by this point at any size. That's, excuse the word, nuts.

Edited by ZacWilliam1, 10 May 2019 - 11:57 AM.

Ever wonder about the speed of Turbofoxes?
Or the proverbial ailerons of Titanium Moosebots?

*Visit the one and only Cybertronic Bestiary.
For a mechazoologic tour of the mechanimals of Cybertron.

#3531 Sean Whitmore

Sean Whitmore
  • Citizen
  • 8037 posts

Posted 10 May 2019 - 08:01 PM

Night Thrasher’s technically the first indication that they’re looking to do a Warriors team, so I fully expect we’ll keep seeing new additions. (Nova came out earlier, but that was just because he’s a cosmic character)

For the Thunderbolts, my guess is we’ll get a Mach-1 (or whatever number), since he’s still active. I don’t know as I’d lay odds on Moonstone-as-Meteorite, Fixer-as-Techno, etc. But I’ve been surprised before,

The old-school GOTG, that’s a horse I wouldn’t bet on unless any of those characters make a splash in a future sequel.

I did a new video thing:

#3532 Daith

Daith

My Nyah brings all the girls to the yard

• Supporter
  • 9118 posts

Posted 11 May 2019 - 12:20 AM

Getting Blink makes me want either AoA X-Men or Exiles Members. I still have ToyBizs AoA Sabretooth and their White Sasquatch/Wendigo so the big wants are a Legends Morph and Nocturne for Exiles and maybe and AoA Rogue and Magneto

#3533 Betty Nor

Betty Nor
  • Citizen
  • 7750 posts

Posted 11 May 2019 - 02:37 AM

I'm always up for more AoA figures.  I still have my ToyBiz Sabretooth and two versions of Weapon X along with Hasbro Sunfire, BAF Holocaust/Nemesis, and the Shadow King from the original AoA Apocalypse toy from the 90s prominently displayed.

AoA Cyclops was always one of my favourite alternate versions.  I imagine getting a Dark Beast is likely since Hasbro will want to get another use out of the new Beast mould.

Edited by Betty Nor, 11 May 2019 - 02:38 AM.

#3534 Dake

Dake

Resident resident

• Supporter
  • 19192 posts

Posted 11 May 2019 - 09:33 AM

My one small hope for why we haven't gotten Squirrel Girl is because they don't have a female buck that would be right for her. Hopefully that will change once we get live-action SG.

8ZSy6aw.jpg

#3535 Powered Convoy

Powered Convoy

Skywarp Connoisseur

• Retired Staff
  • 65833 posts

Posted 12 May 2019 - 10:21 PM

X-Men Blue Team.

uuY2gIS.jpg

I decided to use brown Wolverine rather than the yellow and blue due to my preference of the first three issues of X-Men.

ACItEK8.png

#3536 Doin It To Ham

Doin It To Ham

HAMHOLE

• Supporter
  • 4294 posts

Posted 13 May 2019 - 01:25 PM

X-Men Blue Team.

uuY2gIS.jpg

I decided to use brown Wolverine rather than the yellow and blue due to my preference of the first three issues of X-Men.

That looks amazing, and your reasoning is sound. 

How close are they to having a complete Gold Team available?

#3537 Powered Convoy

Powered Convoy

Skywarp Connoisseur

• Retired Staff
  • 65833 posts

Posted 13 May 2019 - 02:31 PM

There was Iceman in the Juggernaut wave, but he doesn't look like Iceman from that era.  With the ice crystals and toed feet look.

Archangel just came out in a large set, so he's good.

Bishop was also recent in the Sauron wave.

A 1991 looking Colossus is coming in a 2 pack with Juggernaut.

There was a 1991 Jean Grey in 2013, but obviously that's been 6 years, she's expensive, and isn't as nice as the newer figures are.

1991 Storm hasn't been done since I think the Toybiz days, so hopefully she's on the to-do list, but we also got the 1980's mohawk Storm, so it might be a while.

So Archangel, Bishop, and Colossus are perfect.  It's the other three that are either old and expensive or in need of a more Jim Lee outfit update.

ACItEK8.png

#3538 ZacWilliam1

ZacWilliam1
  • Citizen
  • 17292 posts

Posted 13 May 2019 - 05:34 PM

I'm super bummed the new Beast doesn't have an alt head. It's not that there isn't plenty of art of him with that snarling face in the 90s, but a smiling, joking head or a studious head with glasses both would express his personality way better.

-ZacWilliam, the existent one is gonna look just a bit off when I put him with his bestie Wonderman.

Edited by ZacWilliam1, 13 May 2019 - 05:35 PM.

Ever wonder about the speed of Turbofoxes?
Or the proverbial ailerons of Titanium Moosebots?

*Visit the one and only Cybertronic Bestiary.
For a mechazoologic tour of the mechanimals of Cybertron.

#3539 Sean Whitmore

Sean Whitmore
  • Citizen
  • 8037 posts

Posted 13 May 2019 - 06:21 PM

An alternate head with pupils would’ve been welcome, too.

I did a new video thing:

#3540 CORVUS

CORVUS

Everyone has secrets.

• Supporter
  • 32870 posts

Posted 13 May 2019 - 11:18 PM

There was Iceman in the Juggernaut wave, but he doesn't look like Iceman from that era.  With the ice crystals and toed feet look.

I have that figure, and I hate him. The plastic he's made of is way too soft, and he's constantly falling over. Even with a peg-stand or sticky-tac.

“She went around with the attitude that she would rather be beaten to death than take any shit.” - Stieg Larsson

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users