Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  TriBlurr : (25 February 2020 - 12:41 AM)

I think the only other Titan class character that would interest me after Scoponok would be Tidal Wave

@  TheMightyMol... : (24 February 2020 - 07:34 PM)

A Titan would have more room for other toys to hang out, assuming one has the table space for it.

@  Darth Gonzo : (24 February 2020 - 03:32 PM)

Play wise which would be better a Commander Class Aircraft Carrier Mode Broadside or a Titan Class Aircraft Carrier Mode Broadside?

@  PlutoniumBoss : (24 February 2020 - 01:53 PM)

I'd be interested in a deluxe or voyager Fort Max in Armada flashback red-and-green.

@  TheMightyMol... : (24 February 2020 - 10:49 AM)

I'd honestly be more interested in Commander-class Scorponok and Fort Max. I don't have the space for Titans.

@  Maximus Ambus : (24 February 2020 - 10:44 AM)

Make Commander class city bots to annoy collectors too

@  TheMightyMol... : (24 February 2020 - 10:43 AM)

Make two Broadsides. One Voyager-sized that only turns into a jet, and one Titan-sized that only turns into an aircraft carrier. Piss off everyone on both sides of the scale.

@  Rodimus Supreme : (24 February 2020 - 10:41 AM)

Since they seem to also go by the oh-so holy cartoon scale thing, he'd probably be a Commander Class figure.

@  wonko the sane? : (24 February 2020 - 10:34 AM)

Broadside is an aircraft carrier. He should probably be metroplex sized.

@  Rodimus Supreme : (24 February 2020 - 10:21 AM)

Broadside's more of a Commander Class.

@  Darth Gonzo : (24 February 2020 - 04:47 AM)

I think Broadside should be the next Titan Class figure.

@  wonko the sane? : (23 February 2020 - 09:38 PM)

I tan nicely! But also have a family history of cancer... so... yeah, pasty for me it is.

@  Otaku : (23 February 2020 - 04:22 PM)

I really do begin to get sunburned after about 5 minutes of direct exposure, nowadays.  Side effect of already being pasty then going on a particular medication.  Yay?

@  TheMightyMol... : (23 February 2020 - 01:36 PM)

It makes me burn. Accursed daystar.

@  Maximus Ambus : (23 February 2020 - 01:33 PM)

Sunshine on my shoulders makes me happy....

@  Vexwing : (22 February 2020 - 03:26 AM)

I watched L.I.L.Y.Cat on there a while back, it was surprisingly good.

@  Steevy Maximus : (21 February 2020 - 08:47 PM)

@Dekafox, no DTP, but they DO have LILY Cat ;)

@  CORVUS : (21 February 2020 - 08:46 PM)

For me, it's "chocolate therapy".

@  wonko the sane? : (21 February 2020 - 08:32 PM)

Tonight dough owns my soul.

@  CORVUS : (21 February 2020 - 07:28 PM)

Stupid, delicious Ben & Jerry's.

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (21 February 2020 - 06:42 PM)

Ahh. I remember watching Bubblegum Crisis 2020 or whatever.

@  Dekafox : (21 February 2020 - 06:25 PM)

Next you'll say they have Dominion Tank Police and L.I.L.Y.Cat

@  NotVeryKnightly : (21 February 2020 - 06:06 PM)

Bubblegum Crisis, going by several shouts down.

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (21 February 2020 - 05:38 PM)

BGC?

@  Bass X0 : (21 February 2020 - 02:33 PM)

Enjoy the fudgy icing of this Hostess Cup Cake!

@  Telly : (21 February 2020 - 02:31 PM)

harlock is on tubi as well. not dubbed though :(

@  Rhinox42 : (21 February 2020 - 01:19 PM)

Blugh, the english dub of BGC is atrocious.

@  wonko the sane? : (21 February 2020 - 07:02 AM)

I might need to update my software, or they face regional limitations, cause I found no evidence of either.

@  Steevy Maximus : (20 February 2020 - 10:31 PM)

DUDE! Starcom and COPS are on Tubi too!

@  Steevy Maximus : (20 February 2020 - 09:29 PM)

Spiffy! The english dub of Bubblegum Crisis on Tubi. It's gotten so hard to find these oldies on modern streaming services.

@  Nevermore : (20 February 2020 - 08:44 PM)

And now I know and now I know and now I know that you can hear me, know that you can hear me, know that you can hear me.

@  Nevermore : (20 February 2020 - 08:31 PM)

Oh, oh, people can you hear me? People can you hear me? People can you hear me?

@  Echowarrior : (20 February 2020 - 06:39 PM)

Let me go-o-o-o!

@  Telly : (20 February 2020 - 05:41 PM)

Galileo Galileo!

@  PlutoniumBoss : (20 February 2020 - 05:36 PM)

Very very fright-ning me!

@  Sabrblade : (20 February 2020 - 04:02 PM)

*thunder and lightning*

@  ▲ndrusi : (20 February 2020 - 03:46 PM)

Ah, ah, ah!

@  PlutoniumBoss : (20 February 2020 - 03:33 PM)

Already did. It didn't take long.

@  Dekafox : (19 February 2020 - 06:14 PM)

Count Zero?

@  TheMightyMol... : (19 February 2020 - 03:53 PM)

Oh boy, here we go.

@  ▲ndrusi : (19 February 2020 - 02:34 PM)

Or do Japan's cultural values vary depending on exactly who you're trying to shut down?

@  ▲ndrusi : (19 February 2020 - 02:33 PM)

Could it be that, perhaps, these different cultural values might lead to a different approach seeming appropriate?

@  ▲ndrusi : (19 February 2020 - 02:32 PM)

Hm. Back when we were arguing about the Legends comic, I seem to recall being repeatedly told that Japan had different cultural values than the US (and therefore anyone who had a problem with anything at all was wrong to voice that opinion ever).

@  fourteenwings : (19 February 2020 - 07:23 AM)

Plus, as much as I hate to admit it, every single anime character is built to suit the audience's tastes so they buy more merch/do other things that allow $$$ to flow in the production committees direction, so the authenticity is certainly not for representation's sake.

@  fourteenwings : (19 February 2020 - 07:18 AM)

Both those anime air at midnight and are aimed at a very specific audience in a whole other media landscape. Major projects have press releases about almost everything, and there are groups just waiting to pat anybody on the back for doing what they want (GLAAD, HRC, etc)

@  B-Fox : (19 February 2020 - 03:16 AM)

It's funny that a friggin' anime about zombie idols and an anime about a school of anthropomorphic animals can have really positive trans characters WITHOUT a press release about their inclusion in the series prior to the episodes airing or having the creators announcing it on social media and patting themselves on the back for doing a thing.

@  TriBlurr : (18 February 2020 - 10:26 PM)

Vegan meat needs bacon

@  Paladin : (18 February 2020 - 08:43 PM)

vegan meat must taste delicious. they're grass-fed and regularly exercised....

@  wonko the sane? : (18 February 2020 - 06:57 PM)

Vegans are better than kids if you don't talk to them. They'll keep the lawn trimmed anyway.

@  TheMightyMol... : (18 February 2020 - 06:02 PM)

Do you want vegans? Because that's how you get vegans.

Photo

The Marvel Toy Thread

3726 replies to this topic

#3041 Broadside

Broadside

#HaulOfFame

• Citizen
  • 11067 posts
  • Faction::Cannonball's Pirate Crew

Posted 13 December 2016 - 08:21 AM

Tabitha's also an X-Force member! I mean, if it's Nextwave themed she wouldn't have her 90's outfit, but I figure they'd likely include a more classic alternate head.

unknown.png

#3042 Betty Nor

Betty Nor
  • Citizen
  • 7798 posts

Posted 01 January 2017 - 10:53 PM

I finally found Nick Fury (at the grocery store of all places).  He is great.

IMG_6325.jpg

#3043 NotVeryKnightly

NotVeryKnightly
  • Staff
  • 23303 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 06 January 2017 - 12:06 PM

http://marveltoynews...on-figure-pack/

Seems good for anyone who didn't get to finish the Build-A-Figure from the previous movie.

#3044 000

• Citizen
  • 2803 posts
  • Faction::Maximal

Posted 06 January 2017 - 12:47 PM

I have the one from the first movie, but I'll have to track that one down too.

Wave 1 is also available to preorder on Amazon:
http://bit.ly/MarvelLegendsGOTG2017

#3045 Strafe

Strafe

Secretary of Balloon Doggies

• Validating
  • 11525 posts

Posted 06 January 2017 - 01:38 PM

Everybody who wants a Groot should have the opportunity without needing to buy an entire wave, I'm all for it.

The only difference I'm seeing between it and the Groot I have is the head sculpt, looks like? Really wish they'd have given us someone more interesting than Titus to build this time around.

#3046 Dake

Dake

Resident resident

• Supporter
  • 19405 posts

Posted 07 January 2017 - 01:11 AM

This is a pretty cool deal. I think it's historic too - Hasbro has never rereleased a BAF that I'm aware of.

Of course,  I fully expect to find one returned missing the young Groots and one other random part, or with the old head swapped in for the new.

8ZSy6aw.jpg

#3047 MrBlud

MrBlud

Goes down smooth...

• Retired Staff
  • 52254 posts
  • Faction::RIBFIR

Posted 07 January 2017 - 01:16 AM

Certainly wouldn't hurt them to start.

Give it a 4-5 year cooldown and release away.

card-strongarm.jpg

#3048 Internet Jesus

Internet Jesus

And this is the way the world ends.

• Citizen
  • 22355 posts
  • Faction::Lesbian Ninja

Posted 07 January 2017 - 01:52 AM

This is a pretty cool deal. I think it's historic too - Hasbro has never rereleased a BAF that I'm aware of.

Well, not technically. Dormammu was the reverse of this, as he was an exclusive broken up into individual parts.

The EE-exclusive Guardians set also had the BAF Groot but with a Comic head.

A weird one was Move Hulk. He was released by himself in an Avengers Movie wave, broken up with new parts as Ultimate Green Goblin, then sold individually again as AoU Hulk.

As for the newly revealed stuff...I don't much care for the Warlock BAF but I really want Cyclops, Colossus and Sunfire, Shatterstar and Old Man Logan are maybes.

There's also a leaked Sue Storm with Herbie that I want so much.

I haven't been able to collect much ML these days. My Target has not been stocked at all. I haven't seen anything since Doctor Strange leftovers so I'm a ways behind.

But in the current, digitized world, trivial information is accumulating every second, preserved in all its triteness. Never fading, always accessible. Rumors about petty issues, misinterpretations, slander... All this junk data preserved in an unfiltered state, growing at an alarming rate. It will only slow down social progress, reduce the rate of evolution. You seem to think that our plan is one of censorship. What we propose to do is not to control content, but to create context.

#3049 Dake

Dake

Resident resident

• Supporter
  • 19405 posts

Posted 07 January 2017 - 10:36 AM

I figured there had to be some exceptions out there! ;) I guess they are working to get more out of their molds. Now if only they could find an excuse to go waaay back for some of the Toybiz BAFs we'd be in business - I never did complete an Apocalypse.

That Sue Storm seems somewhat out of left field, but she looks good.

8ZSy6aw.jpg

#3050 MrBlud

MrBlud

Goes down smooth...

• Retired Staff
  • 52254 posts
  • Faction::RIBFIR

Posted 07 January 2017 - 06:05 PM

The Toy Biz ones are legitimately huge and they likely don't have the molds as they're Toy Biz and not Hasbro.

card-strongarm.jpg

#3051 Internet Jesus

Internet Jesus

And this is the way the world ends.

• Citizen
  • 22355 posts
  • Faction::Lesbian Ninja

Posted 07 January 2017 - 07:09 PM

They still have access to those molds. The most recent example I can think of is the Bullseye body for the white Iron Fist costume in the Odin wave.

But in the current, digitized world, trivial information is accumulating every second, preserved in all its triteness. Never fading, always accessible. Rumors about petty issues, misinterpretations, slander... All this junk data preserved in an unfiltered state, growing at an alarming rate. It will only slow down social progress, reduce the rate of evolution. You seem to think that our plan is one of censorship. What we propose to do is not to control content, but to create context.

#3052 Big Show

Big Show

Had about enough of your crap, Mario.

• Supporter
  • 7862 posts
  • Faction::Decepticon

Posted 07 January 2017 - 08:33 PM

If anyone wants the Angela fig from the upcoming GotG wave, I highly recommend pre-ordering her on Amazon (where she is available now). Not only was she the top-selling action fig on there as resently as a couple days ago, I have a feeling she is going to be impossible to find.

QUOTE(David Willis)
There's a distinct difference between buying something and SUPERbuying.
And SUPERbuying is not quite as extreme as buying the HUG outta something.
There's a hierarchy.

#3053 mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon

Hello, world

• Supporter
  • 19343 posts

Posted 08 January 2017 - 04:52 AM

They still have access to those molds. The most recent example I can think of is the Bullseye body for the white Iron Fist costume in the Odin wave.

Agent Venom was more recent, I'm pretty sure, and he's built upon the Face-Off Punisher body.

The Piledriver and Wrecker were built from Hulkling, IIRC.

But unless one of those old molds somehow suits their needs, I'm pretty sure they've retired the older ToyBiz toolings at this point.  They've built themselves a solid repertoire of new bucks to suit almost any purpose, and IMO, they're all superior to any of the ToyBiz toolings.

#3054 Dake

Dake

Resident resident

• Supporter
  • 19405 posts

Posted 08 January 2017 - 11:39 AM

I wouldn't be surprised if the tooling came with the deal, but in reference specifically to the BAFS (not the regular figures) I know it's unlikely. It would be nice to have shots at complete Apocalypse, Galactus, and Sentinals at a decent price. They seem to go for an average of 90 bucks shipped (with the Sentinels even higher).

8ZSy6aw.jpg

#3055 Confuzor

Confuzor

They put em in Smash Bros!!!!

• Supporter
  • 8123 posts

Posted 08 January 2017 - 06:38 PM

BAF Sentinel was frigging huge!
Apocalypse needs to just be redone. The ToyBiz one had such wonky proportions.

#3056 Cat

Cat
  • Retired Staff
  • 11612 posts
  • Faction::Autobot

Posted 08 January 2017 - 10:35 PM

Well, not technically. Dormammu was the reverse of this, as he was an exclusive broken up into individual parts.

The EE-exclusive Guardians set also had the BAF Groot but with a Comic head.

A weird one was Move Hulk. He was released by himself in an Avengers Movie wave, broken up with new parts as Ultimate Green Goblin, then sold individually again as AoU Hulk.

As for the newly revealed stuff...I don't much care for the Warlock BAF but I really want Cyclops, Colossus and Sunfire, Shatterstar and Old Man Logan are maybes.

There's also a leaked Sue Storm with Herbie that I want so much.

I haven't been able to collect much ML these days. My Target has not been stocked at all. I haven't seen anything since Doctor Strange leftovers so I'm a ways behind.

BAF Red Hulk got a 2pack release, with his originally designed head (IIRC?) and in green, so there's another for the list of BAF's that got a rerelease of sorts.

#3057 Onyx Minor

Onyx Minor

Teporocho

• Staff
  • 11026 posts
  • Faction::Predacon

Posted 18 January 2017 - 09:04 PM

If anyone wants the Angela fig from the upcoming GotG wave, I highly recommend pre-ordering her on Amazon (where she is available now). Not only was she the top-selling action fig on there as resently as a couple days ago, I have a feeling she is going to be impossible to find.

Thanks for posting this!  I was able to get a pre-order just now.  Was afraid I would have to hunt after I missed the single at BBTS.

As for the BAF stuff, did anyone mention Abomination?  We got the SDCC Raft one, and a true BAF version later in the Captain America wave.

#3058 Big Show

Big Show

Had about enough of your crap, Mario.

• Supporter
  • 7862 posts
  • Faction::Decepticon

Posted 19 January 2017 - 07:24 AM

Glad to help!

I actually just finished Abomination recently (since the individual figs were all around $10 on Amazon). He's pretty great. Nice and hefty, good articulation and sculpt. I'm very pleased with him.

And after finishing the Sandman BAF and picking up Enchantress at retail, I only had to boom up for Purple man from that SDCC set. I'm very pleased about that!

QUOTE(David Willis)
There's a distinct difference between buying something and SUPERbuying.
And SUPERbuying is not quite as extreme as buying the HUG outta something.
There's a hierarchy.

#3059 Onyx Minor

Onyx Minor

Teporocho

• Staff
  • 11026 posts
  • Faction::Predacon

Posted 19 January 2017 - 09:43 AM

I loved the Purple Man figure.  Kinda sad about my BAF Sandman, though.  The thin peg on the left leg did not go in all the way when I attached it.  I rotated the leg and it tore.  :/  Now I need another Ms. Marvel, just to complete the BAF.

#3060 Ursa Magnus

Ursa Magnus

Yoinks!!

• Retired Staff
  • 9250 posts
  • Faction::RIRFIB

Posted 23 January 2017 - 01:01 PM

I hear that's a common issue actually. You're not the first person from whom I've heard that had an issue with that leg on the BaF.

Edited by Ursa Magnus, 23 January 2017 - 01:02 PM.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users