Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  Benbot : (26 June 2019 - 03:27 PM)

new episodes are up?

@  Boomhauer : (26 June 2019 - 01:30 PM)

The voice acting bothers me less than the weird-as-hell timing on the action. Entire show feels like its paced like a internet cartoon.

@  PlutoniumBoss : (25 June 2019 - 10:12 PM)

It's like drawing someone in the "superhero landing" pose. It's just part of the cultural vocabulary at this point.

@  Arazyr : (25 June 2019 - 07:14 PM)

I can hear that post... *shudder*

@  B-Fox : (25 June 2019 - 06:09 PM)

So why does Cyberverse sound like . . . *that*?

@  Nevermore : (25 June 2019 - 04:05 PM)

Also, the theoretical new image would be a new compostion, it would just be individual bodies, or even just body parts, that are based on existing references by other creators, with the major caveat that there is more than one example for each reference so it's basically more like "following an established trend" than "copying someone's original creation".

@  Nevermore : (25 June 2019 - 04:03 PM)

Well, an homage is usually marked by a signature along the lines of "artist X after artist Y". I wasn't thinking about recreating something particularly memorable, just looking for reference images (just of a pose/perspective/layout) that looks like what I want, then finding more examples that just happen to look very similar, and it cannot be determined which version came "first".

@  ZakuConvoy : (25 June 2019 - 03:09 PM)

What you're describing is more an "homage" than plagiarism, really. I'm assuming you would be using different characters. It's basically like all the comic covers that homage the death of Supergirl cover from Crisis on Infinite Earths...but with different characters. It's not plagiarism, it's a reference. But if several artists have a memorable layout and are all using it, chances are it actually is referencing something memorably original.

@  Nevermore : (25 June 2019 - 01:56 PM)

Would that still qualify as plagiarism? After all, it could be argued that what I've recreated isn't that original to begin with since several other people have supposedly had the same general idependently from each other.

@  Nevermore : (25 June 2019 - 01:54 PM)

And I were then to create a new image, not traced but maybe "swiped", except I wouldn't copy a specific source image, but merely recreate the basic pose and perspective shared between all of them...

@  Nevermore : (25 June 2019 - 01:52 PM)

*deleted*

@  Nevermore : (25 June 2019 - 01:49 PM)

And out of sheer coincidence, they all feature very similar ideas, concepts, poses and/or perspectives, supposedly with none of the original creators having copied from one of the others...

@  Nevermore : (25 June 2019 - 01:47 PM)

Assuming I were to find not one but two, three, four or even more source images, all of them by different artists, or by different photographers depicting different models...

@  Nevermore : (25 June 2019 - 01:45 PM)

Just out of curiosity, a question regarding the concept of plagiarism:

@  Benbot : (25 June 2019 - 08:58 AM)

That game needs a remake

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (25 June 2019 - 08:57 AM)

I am Error.

@  TheMightyMol... : (25 June 2019 - 08:17 AM)

There is no error. There is only Zuul.

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (25 June 2019 - 07:51 AM)

The unicron singularity fixes all continuity errors.. including Power Rangers related ones now!

@  MEDdMI : (25 June 2019 - 07:06 AM)

I reject your canon and substitute my own

@  unluckiness : (25 June 2019 - 12:32 AM)

Answer: It doesn't matter because even if there was one, it was never relevant in S1 and it got blown up with his original body

@  PlutoniumBoss : (24 June 2019 - 10:55 PM)

Most people think Transformers canon is a series of discrete parallel lines, really it's more like a big ball of canony-wanony... stuff.

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (24 June 2019 - 06:31 PM)

Hate to say this, but the simple answer is that you are thinking too hard and realistically, it does not matter.

@  TheMightyMol... : (24 June 2019 - 04:57 PM)

Don't tell me what to do.

@  Paladin : (24 June 2019 - 04:16 PM)

don't cross the streams.

@  tffan01 : (24 June 2019 - 03:03 PM)

Or is this what AVP meant when he said that condradictory streams formed the JG1 timeline?

@  tffan01 : (24 June 2019 - 02:25 PM)

I don't like that idea.

@  tffan01 : (24 June 2019 - 02:24 PM)

In Ask Vector Prime, it was mentioned that in the Beast Wars 2 universe, Convoys all have Energon Matrices and that when Optimus Primal from the Japanese Beast Wars stream was transported to the Beast Wars 2 stream, his history was subtly altered that he too possessed an Energon Matrix. What does this mean? That Beast Wars 2 is actually not canon to the Japanese Beast Wars?

@  MEDdMI : (24 June 2019 - 08:54 AM)

yeah, I've got a few others that I need to check out/get removed. The nose one is small but annoying since I hit it every time I blow my nose.

@  unluckiness : (24 June 2019 - 08:46 AM)

Try to get a histopath examination if it isn't too expensive over there. It's probably just a mole but I'd think certainty would be better.

@  MEDdMI : (24 June 2019 - 07:59 AM)

@unluckiness I know, plan to get it removed but gotta get an appt first

@  Gizmoboy : (24 June 2019 - 07:50 AM)

oops... typed that in the wrong field. :)

@  Gizmoboy : (24 June 2019 - 07:50 AM)

gizmoboy

@  unluckiness : (24 June 2019 - 03:18 AM)

That is not a good thing, especially in the long term

@  MEDdMI : (23 June 2019 - 10:17 PM)

So who wants to hear about this mole on my nose that I keep scratching open

@  NotVeryKnightly : (23 June 2019 - 09:24 PM)

Yeah, it's kind of defeating the purpose of making political discussions more restricted if you're just gonna go at it elsewhere on this site.

@  Telly : (23 June 2019 - 07:06 PM)

that would probly fit better in the p & r thread. its there for things just like this

@  Nevermore : (23 June 2019 - 03:29 PM)

The citizens resisted by buying up all the town's beer reserves so the Nazis would have to stay sober the entire time.

@  Nevermore : (23 June 2019 - 03:28 PM)

Meanwhile, congratulations civil resistance, part 2: So a group of Nazis were holding one of their Good Old Times Reenactment festivals in a small East German town.

@  Nevermore : (23 June 2019 - 03:26 PM)

It's basically like an anti-Trump candidate winning Texas.

@  Nevermore : (23 June 2019 - 03:25 PM)

The mayoral elections of Istanbul are considered to be a key indicator for the political climate in the entire country.

@  Nevermore : (23 June 2019 - 03:24 PM)

This time, it was a landslide victory for the opposition's candidate.

@  Nevermore : (23 June 2019 - 03:23 PM)

After president Erdogan had a court revoke the results of the mayoral election of Istanbul after the opposition party's candidate had won by a small margin, the election was repeated today.

@  Nevermore : (23 June 2019 - 03:21 PM)

Congratulations, democracy part 1: Today is a historic day for Turkey.

@  PlutoniumBoss : (23 June 2019 - 02:31 PM)

Convert, does he timeout?

@  unluckiness : (23 June 2019 - 09:12 AM)

Did he form the feet and legs or the arms and body?

@  Patch : (22 June 2019 - 06:11 PM)

Nah, he was one of the Lions

@  MEDdMI : (22 June 2019 - 04:45 PM)

Is he a Shellformer

@  Nevermore : (22 June 2019 - 12:38 PM)

Supposedly it's about that football player Calvin Johnson.

@  Pennpenn : (22 June 2019 - 07:03 AM)

I'm vaguely confused why there is a Nicki Minaj song in my youtube reccomendations, but even more confused as to why that song (which appears to be from an official account) is called "MEGATRON".

@  Liege : (21 June 2019 - 10:03 PM)

Alpha Q all night long.

Photo

The Marvel Toy Thread

3583 replies to this topic

#2281 Eneon

Eneon
  • Citizen
  • 6166 posts
  • Faction::Maximal

Posted 17 April 2015 - 03:39 PM

It was easier for me since I didn't start collecting until they switched to the movie-focused Infinite format, although I have picked up some older stuff, and SDCC exclusives are too much of a pain for me to bother with.

Also, I wouldn't be surprised if we saw another release of this Gamora down the line, but in her GotG uniform colors.

Edited by Silent_Magnus, 17 April 2015 - 03:41 PM.

#2282 Tien85

Tien85

Viva la X-Warlock!

• Citizen
  • 3163 posts

Posted 18 April 2015 - 12:16 AM

Saddness is going to TRU this morning and seeing a Agents of SHIELD special set (Coulson, Fury, Hill) as well as all the pieces to Thanos (with Hellcat instead of Spider Woman) and not having the money for all of it. At least picked up the new AoU Cap figure as he's my fav though i kinda wished I had picked up Hulk as well. No luck with finding an Agent Venom (at least one in a less then decimated box) but was able to find an Anti-Venom so at least happy bout that. It also saddens me going to Target (and apparently Meijrs as well) and seeing a Infinite Legends figure for $19.99 but a 3.75" figure is $12.99 WTH? I know gas cost and other factors apply but man, that is nuts.

Still trying to decide if I wanna open my other SWitch Legend or return it. Managed to find (slightly off topic) the Avengers Forever issues I needed at Half Price Books (already have #1 & 2) as well as a copy of the new Rage of Ultron OGN for half price :D, even grabbed a AoU Quicksilver and Nick Fury Heroclix from Target. I won't really need the BAF part that comes with Anti-Venom so if anyone needs it, give a holler. That War Machine is simple yet it works well IMO. Sadly was never much a fan of Iron Patriot-Machine so going back to WMachine makes me happy. The GotG Legends set looks nice too but as much as I loved DnAs run in the comics I've transitioned to the movie style characters now.

Big Show: That is an awesome Mimic mod u r doing. He was always one of my favorite characters in Exiles and his ending always saddend me. Kinda hoping with Secret Wars getting ready to start we might somehow see the original team pop up like only they can do. :)

In memory of Joelle Lawson: 1986-2004 A great friend to all. Rest in peace my friend.
In memory of Roscoe Brown: a loving grandfather who always tried to give his best for his family.

#2283 Eneon

Eneon
  • Citizen
  • 6166 posts

Posted 24 April 2015 - 12:46 PM

The Guardians sets is an Entertainment Earth exclusive.

Coupon code: MARVEL20

Oh god, what is that thing on Gamora?

Edited by Silent_Magnus, 24 April 2015 - 12:48 PM.

#2284 Sean Whitmore

Sean Whitmore
  • Citizen
  • 7931 posts

Posted 24 April 2015 - 03:11 PM

Thanks for the link! Preordered.

Weird how they seem to have changed Drax's deco. And removable hands too; presumably so he can hold his knives better?

PSN: SeanWhitmore

Switch: SW-7452-6932-0513

3DS: 0490-6399-8582

I did a new video thing:
https://www.allspark.com/forums/topic/159447-whos-the-right-arm/

#2285 Eneon

Eneon
  • Citizen
  • 6166 posts

Posted 24 April 2015 - 03:14 PM

Well, he's apparently a combination of Radioactive Man and movie Drax, so it's a completely new deco.

The only character there that's completely the same mold as a previous version of themselves is Star-Lord, but even he has differently colored boots.

Edited by Silent_Magnus, 24 April 2015 - 03:17 PM.

#2286 Sean Whitmore

Sean Whitmore
  • Citizen
  • 7931 posts

Posted 24 April 2015 - 03:17 PM

Ah, I thought he looked a little beefier. Probably a better choice than that old Steve Rogers body.

PSN: SeanWhitmore

Switch: SW-7452-6932-0513

3DS: 0490-6399-8582

I did a new video thing:
https://www.allspark.com/forums/topic/159447-whos-the-right-arm/

#2287 Fortress Ironhold

Fortress Ironhold

Blasphemer

• Banned
  • 20567 posts

Posted 24 April 2015 - 05:27 PM

Walgreens sale next week

BOGO free on all Marvel masks & action figures

#2288 Blacknife

Blacknife

Never heard of it; never will

• Citizen
  • 5748 posts

Posted 24 April 2015 - 05:57 PM

For anyone getting the 2.5, the cycle that is in Captain Americas tower set is not compatible with the Quinjet (I initially thought it was a reapint but its a retool or new mold)...despite the fact they have the same kind of launch mechanism. I didnt really find anything to say either way to be honest.

Edited by Blacknife, 24 April 2015 - 05:59 PM.

#2289 Robogeek1973

Robogeek1973
  • Retired Staff
  • 15445 posts

Posted 25 April 2015 - 07:44 AM

Preordered that GOTG boxset for now.

Hopefully I'll have the funds when it gets released.

#2290 Esser-Z

Esser-Z

I'm never going down at the hands of the likes of you

• Citizen
  • 32946 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 25 April 2015 - 07:58 AM

I'm happy with my Movie versions.

#2291 Big Show

Big Show

Had about enough of your crap, Mario.

• Supporter
  • 7862 posts
  • Faction::Decepticon

Posted 25 April 2015 - 01:22 PM

The Cavalry has arrived!

IMG_3931.JPG IMG_3936.JPG

Her skin tone is a bit off, but my order from Hobbylink should be arriving this week. :)

QUOTE(David Willis)
There's a distinct difference between buying something and SUPERbuying.
And SUPERbuying is not quite as extreme as buying the HUG outta something.
There's a hierarchy.

#2292 Detour

Detour

STR10 DEX7 CON12 INT10 WIS8 CHA1

• Supporter
  • 20573 posts

Posted 26 April 2015 - 01:24 PM

Shamelessly plugging a Kickstarter I hope succeeds here, but if anyone wants to add female SHIELD and Hydra figures to their MU lines, the Legion XIV Kickstarter for a 1:18-compatible military female base figure is now featuring SHIELD and Hydra decos being offered as stretch goals:

https://www.kickstar...18-scale-figure

You're far too young to be this bitter and angry at the world....

I'm reading that with Roy's voice. Heck, I read everything you post in a laconic Irish accent.

#2293 Ursa Magnus

Ursa Magnus

Yoinks!!

• Retired Staff
  • 9250 posts
  • Faction::RIRFIB

Posted 11 May 2015 - 05:31 PM

A productive run to Target today. I'm aware the figures are pure shit, but they do make good army builders/minions/chronies.

C2ECB3FD-2CA6-4E4B-B5D7-02B84D69253F_zps

Two movie Ultrons to flank my proper MU one, the start of an Iron legion, Loki because Loki, and Scarlet Witch because...

...um...

...yeah. Just because.

#2294 Betty Nor

Betty Nor
  • Citizen
  • 7697 posts

Posted 12 May 2015 - 12:14 AM

Wow, those look like Happy Meal toys.  I saw that TRU has some exclusive repaints of Fury/Ironman and Widow/Cap.  The Widow one looks pretty good with the blue highlights, but since I already have that mould from the last time it was released, it was an easy pass.

#2295 Ursa Magnus

Ursa Magnus

Yoinks!!

• Retired Staff
  • 9250 posts

Posted 12 May 2015 - 07:12 PM

I agree that they're far, FAR from ideal but those two Ultrons look great as drones flanking the proper MU one.

#2296 Onyx Minor

Onyx Minor

Teporocho

• Staff
  • 11014 posts
  • Faction::Predacon

Posted 13 May 2015 - 02:19 PM

Just got the Marvel Select Age of Ultron Hulk.  Wow!  This is my default movie Hulk now:

H01.jpg

H02.jpg

H03.jpg

H04.jpg

Any idea on when that Amazon set is coming so I can round out the ranks?

#2297 Ursa Magnus

Ursa Magnus

Yoinks!!

• Retired Staff
  • 9250 posts

Posted 14 May 2015 - 07:26 PM

Outstanding. I just watched a review on him and he does look fantastic, if just slightly too big. But it's nothing I couldn't live with.

#2298 Onyx Minor

Onyx Minor

Teporocho

• Staff
  • 11014 posts

Posted 15 May 2015 - 08:37 AM

I'm not sure if you are saying he is slightly too big based on just being a big toy, or based on appearances in the movie.  From what I can tell, the ML figures is undersized.  Based on some screenshots I am looking at, this figure is just about the right height.  The other team members should come up to Hulk's abdomen area when everyone is standing up straight (ish).

age-of-ultron.jpg

#2299 Ursa Magnus

Ursa Magnus

Yoinks!!

• Retired Staff
  • 9250 posts

Posted 15 May 2015 - 11:31 PM

Looking at the comparison pics in the review I watched, he seemed big even for the cinematic Hulk. That's most likely just my tastes. I am the guy who has a 5-inch movie Hulk standing among my Marvel Universe display after all. :D

#2300 Onyx Minor

Onyx Minor

Teporocho

• Staff
  • 11014 posts

Posted 16 May 2015 - 06:26 AM

Looking at the comparison pics in the review I watched, he seemed big even for the cinematic Hulk. That's most likely just my tastes. I am the guy who has a 5-inch movie Hulk standing among my Marvel Universe display after all. :D

:thumbsup

They don't make it easy to get a good bead on his height compared to the others.  Hulk is almost always in the background of any group shot, understandably.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users