Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  Maximus Ambus : (05 July 2020 - 01:10 AM)

I got Studio Series 39 Cogman yesterday and woke up to find he'd decapitated my titans returns figures.

@  wonko the sane? : (04 July 2020 - 10:19 PM)

If I had a sarcasm powered mouth.. ooohh waaaiiittt...

@  -LittleAutob... : (04 July 2020 - 05:01 PM)

Heh

@  Bass X0 : (04 July 2020 - 02:56 PM)

"If I had sarcasm-powered legs, I'd do a happy dance...!"

@  TheMightyMol... : (04 July 2020 - 02:39 PM)

The real clones were the friends we made along the way.

@  Maximus Ambus : (04 July 2020 - 01:47 PM)

So the Emperor in episodes 1 through 6 was a clone?

@  ▲ndrusi : (04 July 2020 - 10:47 AM)

(And the 0th anniversary of the last time I couldn't do math.)

@  ▲ndrusi : (04 July 2020 - 10:46 AM)

Today is the 24th anniversary of the day we fought off an alien invasion with the help of Will Smith.

@  Maximus Ambus : (04 July 2020 - 10:41 AM)

Oh the end of the Ottoman Empire of course.

@  -LittleAutob... : (04 July 2020 - 10:14 AM)

*ahem* 4th of July....

@  ▲ndrusi : (04 July 2020 - 08:14 AM)

Nothing of importance has happened before, and nothing of importance will happen again.

@  Maximus Ambus : (04 July 2020 - 08:12 AM)

Nothing of importance happened today.

@  Telly : (03 July 2020 - 09:54 PM)

i want a "i survived 'rona and all i got was this lousy t-shirt"

@  TheMightyMol... : (03 July 2020 - 03:42 PM)

Slogan for 2021: "I Lived, Bitch."

@  -LittleAutob... : (03 July 2020 - 03:23 PM)

They should make the next book in the Survivors series 'I SURVIVED CORONA VIRUS 2020'

@  -LittleAutob... : (03 July 2020 - 03:23 PM)

YEEEE I'M A SURVIVOR-

@  Nevermore : (03 July 2020 - 06:59 AM)

Probably gonna assemble Devastator after work.

@  Nevermore : (03 July 2020 - 06:58 AM)

Ooooh. Overload arrived. He's surprisingly fun.

@  Bass X0 : (02 July 2020 - 04:00 PM)

He's sweeter than the average bear.

@  Maximus Ambus : (02 July 2020 - 03:14 PM)

Convert him to Maple Syrup.

@  Bass X0 : (02 July 2020 - 03:10 PM)

what would Canada do with Yogi?

@  Cyoti : (01 July 2020 - 12:51 PM)

We can deport Yogi back to Canada now.

@  Sabrblade : (01 July 2020 - 12:50 PM)

Jellystone National Pawk. A westful wetweat.

@  Rycochet : (01 July 2020 - 12:47 PM)

Jellystone. We're going to be plunged into a decade of poor animation. Fortunately we've been led by bad cartoon characters for years so we won't notice much difference.

@  Maximus Ambus : (01 July 2020 - 06:19 AM)

what next? YELLOWSTONE?

@  Nevermore : (01 July 2020 - 05:46 AM)

Thanks, dead person.

@  Bass X0 : (01 July 2020 - 05:06 AM)

congratulations to all survivors of the first half of 2020.

@  wonko the sane? : (30 June 2020 - 10:21 PM)

21 for me, but after numerous repetitions I got it down to 17 and a half.

@  TheMightyMol... : (30 June 2020 - 06:16 PM)

I transform in six steps from human to human sitting on my ass at the computer and back again!

@  -LittleAutob... : (30 June 2020 - 05:55 PM)

x-x when in vehicle mode we can travel much F A R T H E R-

@  wonko the sane? : (30 June 2020 - 05:52 PM)

Because despite the fact that we can travel around the world in the time it takes to get a good nights sleep and a couple of meals: people rarely wander more than 25 miles away from home for the duration of their lives.

@  Otaku : (30 June 2020 - 05:49 PM)

I don't know how many days that trip takes - especially while sightseeing - but explaining they're 3936 kilometers (2445 miles) apart gives an idea, paradoxically because it is too large to easily picture.

@  Otaku : (30 June 2020 - 05:44 PM)

Aye.  When I catch lay people discussing miles and not how long the trip takes, it is in an attempt to stress how far away something is... like NYC to LA.

@  ▲ndrusi : (30 June 2020 - 01:20 PM)

But I can imagine 45 *minutes* easily.

@  ▲ndrusi : (30 June 2020 - 01:20 PM)

I can imagine a mile, it's a distance I've run. I can't really imagine 45 miles.

@  ▲ndrusi : (30 June 2020 - 01:19 PM)

I think there's also an element of the thing where things that are much bigger than us all blur together.

@  Otaku : (30 June 2020 - 11:49 AM)

If you're not, then you're more concerned with how long it takes.  Actual distance doesn't tell you that very well.  Besides traffic and road conditions, you'll need to know what kind of driving (city/interstate/rural/etc.).

@  Otaku : (30 June 2020 - 11:47 AM)

Distance matters if you're being paid by the mile.

@  TM2-Megatron : (30 June 2020 - 11:44 AM)

Canadians are the same way, for the most part. If you're driving somewhere far, especially, it helps you plan out the day more than a distance in KM would.

@  Otaku : (30 June 2020 - 11:42 AM)

We use the time it takes to get someplace because that is what is relevant to us.

@  TheMightyMol... : (30 June 2020 - 10:55 AM)

Because even we can't figure out miles half the time.

@  Paladin : (30 June 2020 - 09:54 AM)

it's a big country with a lot of empty space. between our citizens' ears.

@  Bass X0 : (30 June 2020 - 09:52 AM)

Why do most Americans measure distance by hours of driving?

@  TM2-Megatron : (29 June 2020 - 07:26 PM)

And as a result the world's lone blu-ray release of the film, an Australian disc that came out 7 years ago, now goes for hundreds of dollars on eBay. Thanks Disney.

@  TM2-Megatron : (29 June 2020 - 06:21 PM)

Well, they censored Daryl Hannah's butt in Splash :rolleyes

@  Paladin : (29 June 2020 - 05:43 PM)

maybe New Mutants is too bad even for D+.

@  Steevy Maximus : (29 June 2020 - 05:00 PM)

X-Men films are coming to Disney+ next month. But will they censor Hugh Jackman's butt?

@  -LittleAutob... : (29 June 2020 - 12:44 PM)

Pft.

@  TheMightyMol... : (29 June 2020 - 11:59 AM)

Behold! Night Strike Galvatron!

@  Bass X0 : (29 June 2020 - 09:53 AM)

I will grant you a recolored body, and recolored troops to command.

Photo
* * * * - 18 votes

The Random Image Thread!

free mayhem random image thread

33227 replies to this topic

#3541 Kalidor

Kalidor

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Owner
  • 60167 posts
  • Faction::Cannonball's Pirate Crew

Posted 20 July 2012 - 11:47 AM

QUOTE(Rinshan Kaihou @ Jul 20 2012, 11:40 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I'd wear a detention for telling a teacher who was wrong that he was indeed wrong like a badge of honor.

Never saw One Piece.. watched the intro on youtube and looks like I'd hate it.

I didn't "like" Queen's Blade, I just watched it as a novelty.

#3542 Ashley

Ashley

The nerd formerly known as Waspinator

• Citizen
  • 23928 posts
  • Faction::Equestrian

Posted 20 July 2012 - 12:38 PM

My high school chemistry teacher taught us about phlogisten on the first day and made it sound like a serious lesson. He DID admit it was a joke afterwards, though.
http://en.wikipedia....wiki/Phlogisten
If you can read this, you don't need glasses.

#3543 Donocropolis

Donocropolis

Broom broom!

• Citizen
  • 3254 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 20 July 2012 - 12:54 PM

I know now why you cry.

Edited by Donocropolis, 20 July 2012 - 12:55 PM.

#3544 Fortress Ironhold

Fortress Ironhold

Blasphemer

• Banned
  • 20567 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 03:57 PM

QUOTE(wonko the sane? @ Jul 20 2012, 11:21 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Had a teacher in cegep do the same thing. She was utterly convinced that "Courriel" (french for email.) wasn't really a word and that the correct term was "Address electronique" (french for web site address.

We even called the french language office to prove her wrong, and we did. But she remained steadfast in her assertion and failed almost the entire class when we refused to acquiesce. Thankfully, that level of education allows retribution by the students: When every student she had complained about her (3 classes X 35 students a class.) she was brought before an inquiry board and fired... eventually. Academia is slow to act.

I once had an accounting prof who wanted us to do a paper in which we looked at a company's 2010 SEC filings vs. their 2009 SEC filings and make a recommend as to whether or not to buy their stock.

Thing is, you can't do that, and anyone who tries deserves to have their license as a stockbroker revoked.

The raw numbers may tell part of the story, but you've got to dig deeper to find out the facts. For example, while "the company's inventory of merchandise is getting bigger" is usually a bad sign, Hasbro produces a good chunk of their toys 6 - 12 months in advance; in their case, a large inventory buildup can actually be a good thing because it means they're getting ready for a major roll-out.

Sadly, I never got a chance to actually argue it with him; he went down in flames for something else first.

#3545 son of unicron

son of unicron
  • Citizen
  • 15291 posts
  • Faction::Unicron's Spawn

Posted 20 July 2012 - 04:00 PM

icon-blitz.gif

Attached Thumbnails

• 1230986023191.jpg

#3546 Kalidor

Kalidor

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Owner
  • 60167 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 04:26 PM

QUOTE(Fortress Ironhold @ Jul 20 2012, 04:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE(wonko the sane? @ Jul 20 2012, 11:21 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Had a teacher in cegep do the same thing. She was utterly convinced that "Courriel" (french for email.) wasn't really a word and that the correct term was "Address electronique" (french for web site address.

We even called the french language office to prove her wrong, and we did. But she remained steadfast in her assertion and failed almost the entire class when we refused to acquiesce. Thankfully, that level of education allows retribution by the students: When every student she had complained about her (3 classes X 35 students a class.) she was brought before an inquiry board and fired... eventually. Academia is slow to act.

I once had an accounting prof who wanted us to do a paper in which we looked at a company's 2010 SEC filings vs. their 2009 SEC filings and make a recommend as to whether or not to buy their stock.

Thing is, you can't do that, and anyone who tries deserves to have their license as a stockbroker revoked.

The raw numbers may tell part of the story, but you've got to dig deeper to find out the facts. For example, while "the company's inventory of merchandise is getting bigger" is usually a bad sign, Hasbro produces a good chunk of their toys 6 - 12 months in advance; in their case, a large inventory buildup can actually be a good thing because it means they're getting ready for a major roll-out.

Sadly, I never got a chance to actually argue it with him; he went down in flames for something else first.

What did he go down in flames for?

#3547 Rust

Rust

Slightly Off

• Supporter
  • 47844 posts
  • Faction::Autobot

Posted 20 July 2012 - 04:36 PM

I once had a History teacher tell the class he expected to get respect from the class without getting any in return.

It did not go over well.

Then a few years later he got kicked off the Women's Basketball Team for lecherous behavior and not long after that, left his wife and ran off with a 20 year old.

#3548 Kalidor

Kalidor

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Owner
  • 60167 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 04:44 PM

So you're saying it all worked out in the end.

#3549 Cybersnark

Cybersnark

Sorry I'm late. Had to get my powersuit.

• Citizen
  • 11700 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 04:46 PM

Some of these are probably habitable.

#3550 Rust

Rust

Slightly Off

• Supporter
  • 47844 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 04:48 PM

I have no idea. All I know is this is the same guy who took a bunch of Nebraska kids to Washington D.C., and then proceeded to abandon them to the nation capital's tender mercies while he partook in the more adult entertainment of the city.

35 country kids in their first major metropolitan experience. It's a wonder none of us got shot.

#3551 Ashley

Ashley

• Citizen
  • 23928 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 04:52 PM

#3552 Pennpenn

Pennpenn
  • Citizen
  • 12182 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 07:08 PM

QUOTE(Rinshan Kaihou @ Jul 20 2012, 10:40 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Wow. My high school chemistry teacher was a frothing lunatic who spoke to sodium atoms through a stapler, but at least he'd admit when he was wrong about something if we could prove it.

Edit: In regard to the issue, not sure how I'd react if I was the parent, but I'd probably at least tell the kid that saying the teacher was lying was the wrong way to go about it. You say he's wrong, and prove it, not rabble rouse and accuse him of lying when he's just incompotent.

Edited by Pennpenn, 20 July 2012 - 07:10 PM.

#3553 2019

• Citizen
  • 42884 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 07:25 PM

I once got kicked out of a biology class because the substitute teacher for the day was a creationist manual arts teacher.

if you can see this, i apologize for the above tweet, i was young and stupid and had nothing of value to say. please support lgbtq rights and listen to women's voices. that's all that really matters now. the right is evil, and should be opposed. thanks.

#3554 Paladin

Paladin

Have Zord, Will Travel

• Citizen
  • 13344 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 20 July 2012 - 07:33 PM

Stuff for sale; every little bit helps. :) https://www.allspark.com/forums/topic/143212-for-sale-3p-mp-potp-super-sentai-stuff TWITTER: Paladin4221

#3555 Fortress Ironhold

Fortress Ironhold

Blasphemer

• Banned
  • 20567 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 08:28 PM

QUOTE(Kalidor @ Jul 20 2012, 04:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
What did he go down in flames for?

Texas A&M Central Texas and Tarleton State University have their business degrees - both their BS and MBA - set up in such a fashion that they're interdisciplinary; all students must take courses from across the spectrum of business fields (management, marketing, law, human resources, accounting, finance, and computers), then they pick a specialization from one of the above that serves as their minor.

This guy forgot that.

He assumed that anyone taking his class was an accounting major.

As such, he assumed that we all used accounting books from a single textbook publisher.

And that we were all familiar with the third-party online homework management environment the publisher operated.

Oh, and that we all had the money to buy brand-new textbooks for each and every last class.

The end result was that he was making students pay an additional $90 on top of tuition and books to register with an online homework management program that half of us didn't even know how to use but which he couldn't be bothered to teach us how to use.

Adding insult to injury, since I had a used book for the class, I didn't have an insert that was supposed to give me the needed codes that I was supposed to use alongside the individual class code in order to finish registration. The end result was that I wound up registering for only the "free" stuff instead of the "premium" content that represented our homework and tests... despite the company taking the $90 from my account anyway.

Said prof was just so caught up in his own little world that he literally didn't understand why I was having trouble getting registered and so refused to help me get squared away so that I could actually do the course work.

Neither the department head nor my faculty adviser were happy when I informed them about this.

I was pulled from the class and placed into a class taught by a prof who actually knew what he was doing; I'd had the guy for an undergrad finance class, so we knew each other. Tarleton also jettisoned the textbook in question like so much toxic waste; not only were they going to be going with a new textbook effective the very next semester, they were going with another publisher entirely so that the prof could never use this online environment again.

Unfortunately, because I was listed as having "withdrawn" from the class, it ruined my financial aid eligibility; I've had to pay for the year of classes and textbooks out of pocket, which has put me about $3K in the hole because I had to borrow money from family to do it. I've actually had to take yet another job (scrap metal recycling) in an effort to try and pay it all off.

#3556 ChessPieceFace

ChessPieceFace

I have approximate knowledge of many things

• Retired Staff
  • 23155 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 09:40 PM

Edited by ChessPieceFace, 20 July 2012 - 09:46 PM.

#3557 Redjack Ryan

Redjack Ryan

Hellcat "Ravage"

• Supporter
  • 1903 posts
  • Faction::Decepticon

Posted 20 July 2012 - 10:26 PM

#3558 Ashley

Ashley

• Citizen
  • 23928 posts

Posted 21 July 2012 - 01:12 AM

#3559 Omgiamonfire

Omgiamonfire

Maybe on Earth. Maybe in the Future.

• Citizen
  • 14431 posts

Posted 21 July 2012 - 08:04 PM

"Whether it's directly or not, you prey on others to live. That reality never changes. And it's the same for everyone here."

#3560 2019

• Citizen
  • 42884 posts

Posted 21 July 2012 - 09:24 PM

Edited by Rinshan Kaihou, 21 July 2012 - 09:24 PM.

if you can see this, i apologize for the above tweet, i was young and stupid and had nothing of value to say. please support lgbtq rights and listen to women's voices. that's all that really matters now. the right is evil, and should be opposed. thanks.

Reply to this topic

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: free mayhem, ☄, random image thread

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Google (1)