Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  TheMightyMol... : (06 June 2020 - 11:46 AM)

The toys had some good parts. They also had Side Swipe.

@  wonko the sane? : (06 June 2020 - 10:55 AM)

I mean, still addicted to minicons...

@  -LittleAutob... : (06 June 2020 - 10:46 AM)

Energon and Cybertron WERE boring... and Starscream was just messed up in those shows....

@  Cyoti : (06 June 2020 - 10:01 AM)

a toyline searching for a story

@  TheMightyMol... : (05 June 2020 - 07:47 PM)

Eh. It had a few ideas that could've been interesting. They just never went anywhere because it was easier to have Megatron brainwash everyone.

@  Nevermore : (05 June 2020 - 07:41 PM)

Energon's biggest problem is that it was made.

@  Paladin : (05 June 2020 - 05:15 PM)

remember when Energon had to switch animation styles because their CGI models were completely incapable of expressing emotions ?

@  Thundercrack... : (05 June 2020 - 04:42 PM)

And what was done to Demolisher to a lesser extent.

@  Thundercrack... : (05 June 2020 - 04:34 PM)

Energon's biggest problem is what it did to Starscream.

@  TheMightyMol... : (05 June 2020 - 04:00 PM)

I mean, they took all of that and the series is still dull enough to use as a sleep aid, so....

@  wonko the sane? : (05 June 2020 - 02:46 PM)

It's a food source, a weapon and so unstable that looking at it funny makes it explode. If energon is boring, blame the writers not the element.

@  TheMightyMol... : (05 June 2020 - 02:17 PM)

Energon's big problem is that it's boring.

@  Maximus Ambus : (05 June 2020 - 01:48 PM)

Double post ignore.

@  Maximus Ambus : (05 June 2020 - 01:44 PM)

Energon was the worst of the lot.

@  Bass X0 : (05 June 2020 - 05:39 AM)

"I know I can't catch you.... but I can... trap you...!"

@  Maximus Ambus : (04 June 2020 - 11:51 PM)

They dubbed reaction shots and running scenes in the first two UT shows with "huh?" and grunts. very annoying.

@  Sabrblade : (04 June 2020 - 06:10 PM)

Watch it in Japanese with English subs. Karyuudo did all that work for us so that we could. ;)

@  wonko the sane? : (04 June 2020 - 06:08 PM)

I tried... but it just wasn't that good. The comics were better.

@  PlutoniumBoss : (04 June 2020 - 04:07 PM)

I didn't even watch Armada when it originally aired.

@  -LittleAutob... : (04 June 2020 - 01:52 PM)

Anyone watch Armada anymore ._.

@  JRSBill : (03 June 2020 - 01:06 PM)

bain

@  Maximus Ambus : (03 June 2020 - 04:14 AM)

UBI is coming.

@  -LittleAutob... : (02 June 2020 - 09:30 PM)

I can just HEAR his screechy G1 voice saying that....

@  -LittleAutob... : (02 June 2020 - 09:30 PM)

*Dies laughing* XDDDDDD

@  TheMightyMol... : (02 June 2020 - 07:01 PM)

Megatron's coupon has failed! Now I, Starscream, shall speak to your manager!

@  -LittleAutob... : (02 June 2020 - 06:39 PM)

(i just want to make jokes excuse my doing)

@  -LittleAutob... : (02 June 2020 - 06:38 PM)

ITS STARSCREAM.... AND HIS CLONES

@  Steevy Maximus : (02 June 2020 - 06:31 PM)

And there was no one there when I started!

@  Steevy Maximus : (02 June 2020 - 06:31 PM)

I swear, I'm in line to use a coupon, there is something wrong with said coupon, and suddenly I'm holding up a line of 3 or 4 people

@  -LittleAutob... : (01 June 2020 - 12:15 PM)

Ha! Talk about getting away with something!

@  Maximus Ambus : (01 June 2020 - 09:08 AM)

Carnivac was still an evil Decepticon at heart, and no one shot him in the back for it.

@  -LittleAutob... : (30 May 2020 - 06:52 PM)

*stares at the light switch* .... I see what you did there

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (30 May 2020 - 01:40 PM)

*hands llittleautobot1218 a light switch* There you go.

@  -LittleAutob... : (30 May 2020 - 10:53 AM)

I feel a need to lighten up the mood.... ;)

@  -LittleAutob... : (30 May 2020 - 10:38 AM)

:p

@  Maximus Ambus : (30 May 2020 - 02:14 AM)

Shockwave did it.

@  NotVeryKnightly : (30 May 2020 - 12:21 AM)

I'm not in the US and at least some of the episodes seem to work for me. I don't know the actual list of places it's available, though.

@  Shockwave 75 : (29 May 2020 - 10:37 PM)

Unfortunately It seems Cyberverse is only available in the US on YouTube.

@  -LittleAutob... : (29 May 2020 - 09:19 AM)

Yes, and its ongoing.

@  NotVeryKnightly : (29 May 2020 - 01:05 AM)

Cyberverse is already officially uploaded to YouTube.

@  fourteenwings : (29 May 2020 - 12:36 AM)

Spin Master is abridging current episodes of Bakugan Armored Alliance and posting the result on YouTube. Maybe Hasbro does that someday too.

@  -LittleAutob... : (28 May 2020 - 10:59 PM)

I see... :/

@  wonko the sane? : (28 May 2020 - 08:14 PM)

Within the US anyway. Those channels aren't easy or cheap to access in other countries, and their website often region lock content. Tubi is the only good thing on that list: largely identical (but not perfectly so. Damnit. I wanna watch COPS.) country to country and free.

@  Steevy Maximus : (28 May 2020 - 07:24 PM)

So yeah, Hasbro is using plenty of venues to spread exposure of their brands

@  Steevy Maximus : (28 May 2020 - 07:23 PM)

Starz currently licenses Transformers G1 and the GI Joe movie (as well as MLP specials). Netflix has more current series available.

@  Nevermore : (28 May 2020 - 07:21 PM)

Study shows: Holders of the title "world's oldest person" have a severely increased risk of dying.

@  Steevy Maximus : (28 May 2020 - 07:18 PM)

Tubi TV and Youtube both host various Hasbro cartoons. Both are freely accessed and ad supported. Any basic TV package (barring straight antenna) includes channels like USA Network, SyFy and FX, all of which regularly air the films from Transformers and GI Joe.

@  wonko the sane? : (28 May 2020 - 06:18 PM)

I dunno what to tell you, media might be changing slowly, but at least it's still accessible. Even the folks that DON'T get one of the streaming services can watch it on the company website. It's a vehicle for the toy line after all, they need to make an effort to make it as consumable as possible.

@  -LittleAutob... : (28 May 2020 - 05:41 PM)

Well. Thats said, then.... I guess... :doh

@  wonko the sane? : (28 May 2020 - 04:13 PM)

As long as the the cartoons are profitable, then they'll make more. The media it's shown on is completely irrelevant. I say that as a guy whose earliest surviving memory is a big red truck turning into a big red robot.

Photo
* * * * * 5 votes

Gallifrey Central: The Doctor Who Thread

Day Of The Doctor

9062 replies to this topic

#9021 AgentOrange

AgentOrange
  • Citizen
  • 1358 posts
  • Faction::Maximal

Posted 27 March 2020 - 09:42 PM

Suggestion:
The Doctor realizes that her timeline has been contaminated by some force that will lead to (insert disaster bad thing). The only way to avoid it is to destroy centuries of her life, going back to before she was infected. To do that, she prevents the Master's wife from contaminating his resurrection, thus changing the outcome of the Specials years. She then thwarts the idiotic plot of the PM and whatnot that brought the Master back. Before she fades away, she warns The Master about his plan falling apart, and hands him the key to the TARDIS and a 2 minute head start. The Master flees.
The Doctor Fades away slowly.
10th Doctor arrives on Earth, finds the situation sorted, and goes on to more adventures. All of the 11th, 12th, and 13th's timelines are completely erased.
Scrapped, tossed, and redone.

Ideally, David Tenant returns for several seasons, or just one season, or at least one special so he can go out on a GOOD story. Invite Matt Smith and Capaldi back in turn, but give them actually good, well written stories.

A similar story was implied in Big Finish's story Colditz, in which 7th realizes he was set up by his future self after a disaster that would have lead to Ace's death and Nazi Germany winning WWII.

I'd give it five minutes and turn it off
You may be a lover but you ain't no dancer

#9022 CORVUS

CORVUS

Holy crap!

• Supporter
  • 33408 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 28 March 2020 - 11:34 AM

Suggestion:

The Doctor realizes that her timeline has been contaminated by some force that will lead to (insert disaster bad thing). The only way to avoid it is to destroy centuries of her life, going back to before she was infected. To do that, she prevents the Master's wife from contaminating his resurrection, thus changing the outcome of the Specials years. She then thwarts the idiotic plot of the PM and whatnot that brought the Master back. Before she fades away, she warns The Master about his plan falling apart, and hands him the key to the TARDIS and a 2 minute head start. The Master flees.

The Doctor Fades away slowly.

10th Doctor arrives on Earth, finds the situation sorted, and goes on to more adventures. All of the 11th, 12th, and 13th's timelines are completely erased.

Scrapped, tossed, and redone.

Ideally, David Tenant returns for several seasons, or just one season, or at least one special so he can go out on a GOOD story. Invite Matt Smith and Capaldi back in turn, but give them actually good, well written stories.

A similar story was implied in Big Finish's story Colditz, in which 7th realizes he was set up by his future self after a disaster that would have lead to Ace's death and Nazi Germany winning WWII.

How-Bout-No.gif

"Too much of a good thing is an awesome thing. But too much of an awesome thing is…umm…really, really dumb and bad. " - Strong Bad

#9023 Maximus Ambus

Maximus Ambus
  • Citizen
  • 6441 posts

Posted 29 March 2020 - 02:15 AM

https://www.radiotim...bius-jo-martin/

“Imagine how people felt back in 1969, when it was suddenly revealed that the Doctor was a Time Lord, and that he’d run away, and he’d stolen the TARDIS and now they’d put him on trial… and what was it, 1977, The Deadly Assassin, the whole thing about the Time Lords?” Briggs said.

“People went bonkers about that, famously the head of the Doctor Who fan-club at the time, Keith Miller, arch-rival to Peter Capaldi. He closed the fan club down because he was so appalled by this!”

Wow.

14424580661_11292a86a0_n.jpg

#9024 Echowarrior

Echowarrior

I write stuff...just not as much as I used to.

• Citizen
  • 10768 posts

Posted 30 March 2020 - 08:31 PM

...that just seems terribly cruel.

To whom?

AgentOrange, If you weren't interested within 5 minutes, you probably wouldn't be any later.

To everyone who worked on Matt Smith, Peter Capaldi and Jodie Whittaker's tenures. We go with your plan, it'd effectively be saying "Everything you did, all the hard work you put in, all that time and effort and money, doesn't matter one damn bit because it's been retconned away." Regardless of the quality of their work, the fact remains that the work was done, and I'd rather work with what's been established and move forward rather than invalidate everything that came previously.

And before anyone brings up how this could apply to a certain line from the TV movie, there's a tiny difference between ignoring or retconning one line of dialogue and ignoring several years of stories and storytelling just because you don't like what one person did. 

William Rendfeld
That Echowarrior guy...
Author of "Transformers: Armada (Revisited)"- Allspark Fic of the Month for December 2005. Archive here.
"In matters of style, swim with the current. In matters of principle, stand like a rock." - Credited to Thomas Jefferson.
"You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life." - Credited to Winston Churchill.

#9025 ZakuConvoy

ZakuConvoy
  • Citizen
  • 632 posts

Posted 30 March 2020 - 09:16 PM

Actually, instead of that, I'd kind of like them to do the opposite.

Sure, let's bring back the old Doctors, maybe get the old showrunners and companions back if they're able...for one episode each, where each classic Doctor teams up with a new never-before-seen pre-Hartnell Doctor.

I mean, if they're really committed to doing this, and it isn't just a Master plot or some alternate-dimension thing...might as well go all the way with it.  

Plus, these specials could help take the sting out of Doctor Who basically being a one-season every two years thing, nowadays.  We could get one of these new specials quarterly, maybe.  I mean, that's pretty unlikely, the BBC probably doesn't have the budget for that, but a guy can dream, right?

#9026 Kalidor

Kalidor

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Owner
  • 60145 posts
  • Faction::Cannonball's Pirate Crew

Posted 30 March 2020 - 09:22 PM

The best solution would just be to consider all of season 12 a mindhug that the Master just used to drive the Doctor bonkers. You can invalidate the canon without erasing it... I mean *gestures to season 12*

#9027 CORVUS

CORVUS

Holy crap!

• Supporter
  • 33408 posts

Posted 30 March 2020 - 11:15 PM

We get it. You hated Moffat's run. But what you are suggesting is absurd, unnecessary, and it will never happen.

A lot of people became fans during the period you seem so intent upon invalidating, and greatly enjoyed the stories. Whether you or I or anyone else thinks otherwise, that period of the show happened, and the chances of that changing are minuscule.

As for the money being wasted. That's not a fact, as you seem to want it to be. It is simply your opinion, and that's all.

"Too much of a good thing is an awesome thing. But too much of an awesome thing is…umm…really, really dumb and bad. " - Strong Bad

#9028 Cradok

Cradok
  • Citizen
  • 851 posts

Posted 31 March 2020 - 07:19 AM

lxaMlx8.gif

#9029 electricidad

electricidad
  • Citizen
  • 572 posts

Posted 31 March 2020 - 08:20 AM

With the right writer, an episode of Dr Who featuring both Jodie Whittaker and Jo Martin--as co-doctors--could be a lot of fun. No companions, just two equal doctors getting into shenanigans.

With the right writer.

#9030 CORVUS

CORVUS

Holy crap!

• Supporter
  • 33408 posts

Posted 31 March 2020 - 10:14 AM

Um, it's not just my opinion: If it was just me, I'd shut up and disappear.
I don't know anyone who actually knows anyone (in person) that likes the show anymore.

Oh FFS. I didn't expect to have to explain something like this at length, but here we are.

I'm aware that you're not alone, and that your opinions are not unique. I'm also aware that your opinion is a minority one.

"Just your opinion" is not a phrase that means that the opinion is 100% unique to the person who uttered it. It means that what you have said is not objective, and often flies in the face of more empirical data.

As for you not knowing anyone who knows anyone who likes the show, that is YOUR experience and it is subjective. It is not indicative of the larger whole.

#9031 Rust

Rust

Slightly Off

• Supporter
  • 47683 posts
  • Faction::Autobot

Posted 31 March 2020 - 01:00 PM

There has been nothing since Waters of Mars that was anywhere near the quality of where the show (at its worst) was that came before.

The God Complex remains my absolute FAVORITE adventure in all of Who. Matt Smith is my favorite Doctor.

Get your filthy hands off MY Doctor Who.

#9032 Telly

Telly

Kelp of discontent

• Retired Staff
  • 8580 posts

Posted 31 March 2020 - 01:23 PM

i think the lodger and closing time are my favorites of smiths run. i like james cordon

When I die I will surely go to Heaven for i spent my life in Hell

#9033 NotVeryKnightly

NotVeryKnightly
  • Staff
  • 23632 posts

Posted 31 March 2020 - 01:33 PM

Um, it's not just my opinion: If it was just me, I'd shut up and disappear.
I don't know anyone who actually knows anyone (in person) that likes the show anymore.

So, your own interactions (which will always be limited by where you can personally be) leads you to believe that everybody thinks the solution would be to make over 2/3 of the revival era completely unhappen?

There's at least two forms of flawed assumption here:

That the people you meet in person is reflective of a majority

That "we don't like it" means "all this should be made to never happen".

Edited by NotVeryKnightly, 31 March 2020 - 01:36 PM.

#9034 Dekafox

Dekafox

Foxy Dragon

• Citizen
  • 1789 posts

Posted 31 March 2020 - 05:59 PM

Actually, there's another option.  One they've already dipped their toes in thanks to lost footage: animation.

Why not animate some Big Finnish stories, or animate some new stories in that vein and call in the original doctors to voice them?  If they can do it for audio plays, there's no reason they can't do it for an animated show.  The hard part would be finding the right studio and animation style so you don't get Doctor Who Go.

#9035 Shadewing

Shadewing

Artichoke of Misery

• Supporter
  • 36707 posts

Posted 31 March 2020 - 06:07 PM

I mean, they already kinda answered that:

3DS Friend Code: 0387-9040-3532

Twitch Channel

Youtube Replays

VOTE for what I play on 8/30!

Friday: Sonic Generations - Sunday: Transformers WFC - Tuesday: Little Inferno

#9036 HellCat

HellCat

Opinionated idiot

• Citizen
  • 29103 posts

Posted 01 April 2020 - 03:08 AM

i think the lodger and closing time are my favorites of smiths run. i like james cordon

...I'm going to punch you.

#9037 Telly

Telly

Kelp of discontent

• Retired Staff
  • 8580 posts

Posted 01 April 2020 - 01:37 PM

:p

When I die I will surely go to Heaven for i spent my life in Hell

#9038 Daith

Daith

My Nyah brings all the girls to the yard

• Supporter
  • 9447 posts

Posted 01 April 2020 - 02:22 PM

Both were decent episodes to me.

Switch code: SW-6538-7795-1972

#9039 Monique

Monique

Chaotic Neutral

• Retired Staff
  • 8565 posts
  • Faction::Lesbian Ninja

Posted 01 April 2020 - 06:26 PM

I mean yeah they weren't "the best" but both were solid episodes.

#9040 The Predaking

The Predaking

Finally! A new Predaking is here!

• Staff
  • 39933 posts
  • Faction::Predacon

Posted 03 April 2020 - 12:12 PM

I liked them. I thought that James did a great job in both of his appearances. 

Restoring an Old Arcade Machine!

http://www.allspark....ade-game/page-2

Reply to this topic

1 user(s) are reading this topic

1 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users