Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  Maximus Ambus : (05 April 2020 - 01:11 AM)

Ah well, I'll stick to the classic British sitcoms: One Foot in the Grave, Til Death Do Us Part and They Think It's All Over.

@  TM2-Megatron : (05 April 2020 - 12:53 AM)

There's always the original, cheesy as it is

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (05 April 2020 - 12:10 AM)

Dunno... Tonight one of the major networks showed a movie with plagues.. including that listening to their leader causes the first born to die. ;P So nah.. I think the Stand could work. :D

@  TM2-Megatron : (04 April 2020 - 09:18 PM)

That's probably the last thing anyone needs to see, at the moment. Maybe when we get to the end of June/beginning of July and we can venture back out, it might be possible to find some enjoyment in The Stand.

@  Maximus Ambus : (04 April 2020 - 02:08 PM)

I suppose the CBS adaptation of Stephen Kings The Stand will be delayed.

@  Rycochet : (04 April 2020 - 11:26 AM)

We'll always be together. Together in electric dreams.

@  Rycochet : (04 April 2020 - 11:25 AM)

Please remember that in these times of social distancing, we'll always be together however far it seems.

@  wonko the sane? : (03 April 2020 - 12:41 PM)

It arrived! Yay!

@  wonko the sane? : (03 April 2020 - 11:25 AM)

Given how the virus lasts about 3-4 days on metals and plastics, it's about the only way to go about getting stuff right now. I ordered a monitor mount for my desk and the delivery has been pushed back twice already.

@  Maximus Ambus : (03 April 2020 - 11:04 AM)

He ordered it online, says it was to keep those delivery boys in business. I did the same a week ago with some Transformers Studio Series figures off Kapow. Don't know if it's wise or not considering.

@  wonko the sane? : (03 April 2020 - 09:12 AM)

You'd be the first. Everyone else has either been frustrated cause the one they wanted was sold out (like during boxing week.) or rushing to replace something broken.

@  RYNO : (03 April 2020 - 08:53 AM)

I actually walked into a store the other day and just randomly decided to buy at 32inch TV. It was just a Vizio, and grabbed a Mounting Bracket for it. No duress. Just a spur of the moment wanted a TV for my master bedroom.

@  wonko the sane? : (03 April 2020 - 07:31 AM)

Conversely: I've never met a person who wasn't buying a TV under duress... so... yeah.

@  wonko the sane? : (03 April 2020 - 07:20 AM)

I think I've met maybe two people other than myself who count cables before buying a TV.

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (03 April 2020 - 05:33 AM)

Seriously.. HDMI splitters and switches are so bloody finicky, but most tvs don't have enough inputs.

@  Maximus Ambus : (03 April 2020 - 05:09 AM)

Just spent a hour trying to get my brothers new Samsung TV to read his Playstation and Blu Ray player only to find he was using a HDMI splitter.

@  Steevy Maximus : (02 April 2020 - 11:07 AM)

I could never master oral bullshittery. But in my day I was quite adept with the written word.

@  PlutoniumBoss : (01 April 2020 - 11:32 PM)

You have mastered the art of Bulljive. You must use this power only for good, or entertainment.

@  Sabrblade : (01 April 2020 - 08:58 PM)

This morning, for one of my online classes, I had to give a positive oral presentation about a play that I hated having to watch. I went into it completely unprepared and just winged it. My professor LOVED my presentation and thought it was excellent. She believed every word I said and honestly thought that I enjoyed that miserable play. Best April Fools ever!

@  ▲ndrusi : (01 April 2020 - 10:06 AM)

Happy Everyone Thinks They're A Comedian Now Day!

@  Donocropolis : (31 March 2020 - 05:45 AM)

Who, I might add, has never been photographed together with Byteman. Just sayin'.

@  Sabrblade : (30 March 2020 - 10:27 PM)

Bruce Wayne's cyberpunk cousin?

@  PlutoniumBoss : (30 March 2020 - 09:27 PM)

Laser Wayne

@  Sabrblade : (30 March 2020 - 09:08 PM)

Luther Unum

@  PlutoniumBoss : (30 March 2020 - 07:09 PM)

Or Lee Derwon.

@  Steevy Maximus : (30 March 2020 - 06:51 PM)

Not to be confused with Leader I

@  Steevy Maximus : (30 March 2020 - 06:50 PM)

He was Leader Uno

@  Steevy Maximus : (30 March 2020 - 06:50 PM)

He was the OTHER Leader 1

@  TheMightyMol... : (30 March 2020 - 06:29 PM)

Or Sideways.

@  PlutoniumBoss : (30 March 2020 - 05:26 PM)

On the other hand, this is Armada we're talking about. It could have actually been Metroplex.

@  PlutoniumBoss : (28 March 2020 - 11:08 PM)

Oh yeah, that was Fort Max. My bad.

@  LBD "Nyt... : (28 March 2020 - 09:12 PM)

https://tfwiki.net/wiki/Peritus_Maximus

@  LBD "Nyt... : (28 March 2020 - 09:11 PM)

Christmas Maximus?

@  Maximus Ambus : (28 March 2020 - 01:13 PM)

At least the ozone layer is healing. unless this is a 0.0000000001% thing it's sounds like good news.

@  ▲ndrusi : (28 March 2020 - 09:27 AM)

(But only pretty sure, not 100% sure.)

@  ▲ndrusi : (28 March 2020 - 09:26 AM)

Pretty sure y'all were thinking of Fortress Maximus yesterday.

@  Bass X0 : (28 March 2020 - 12:38 AM)

Dare! Dare to believe you can survive 2020!

@  Steevy Maximus : (27 March 2020 - 08:18 PM)

Baja Blast is back at retail!

@  TheMightyMol... : (27 March 2020 - 03:47 PM)

Shame he wasn't around more. He seemed like such a jolly, happy soul.

@  PlutoniumBoss : (27 March 2020 - 02:16 PM)

No, he was definitely Metroplex. You could tell because he was in Metroplex's distinctive red and green coloration.

@  Paladin : (27 March 2020 - 02:11 PM)

that was Leader-1. or possibly Jolt. maybe Grindor...

@  PlutoniumBoss : (27 March 2020 - 01:57 PM)

Metroplex was in Armada, in a flashback. He was the same size as everybody else. I thought that was the joke.

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (27 March 2020 - 12:39 PM)

@Rodimus Supreme: Gah! You are right! How'd I get that mixed up? x.x;

@  TheMightyMol... : (27 March 2020 - 12:14 PM)

There is no Metroplex. Only Zuul.

@  Rodimus Supreme : (27 March 2020 - 11:13 AM)

@Tm_Silverclaw: There is no Armada Metroplex, he was in Cybertron.

@  Rodimus Supreme : (27 March 2020 - 11:12 AM)

And they'd be better off just retooling Metroplex and Fortress Maximus to be somewhat more accurate and changing/adding parts for interaction with later play gimmicks.

@  Rodimus Supreme : (27 March 2020 - 11:11 AM)

I honestly would prefer that for scale purposes.

@  Cyoti : (27 March 2020 - 11:07 AM)

They can redo all the CW combiners as Titan Class figures like Predaking/Devastator.

@  Dekafox : (27 March 2020 - 07:52 AM)

They could just redo Metroplex again too. Especially if it's going to be S3 based. They could also do another Primus to go with the coming Unicron.

@  OverDrive73 : (26 March 2020 - 10:56 PM)

If anyone is bored, or interested... I just added the last chapter to my fanfic comic in Allspark Pictures

Photo
* * * * * 5 votes

Gallifrey Central: The Doctor Who Thread

Day Of The Doctor

9041 replies to this topic

#9001 Trpodeca

Trpodeca
  • Citizen
  • 434 posts
  • Faction::Autobot

Posted 05 March 2020 - 05:14 AM

I laughed and laughed when Graham talked about how great Yasmin was.

She's been a superfluous hanger-on in pretty much every episode you wrote Chibnall. Don’t pretend she matters now.

The new mythology seems really dull.

I sure wish I hadn't misspelt my username.....

#9002 Equals Three

Equals Three
  • Citizen
  • 127 posts
  • Faction::Decepticon

Posted 05 March 2020 - 07:52 AM

I like the mythology but it was seems poorly executed or not fully explored enough. Like that episode with Rosa Parks where you have a time traveller that wants to change history but can't kill anyone. Resulting in some clever ideas to change history and inventive ways to stop him. But the problem being his whole motivation of just being a super racist and nothing deeper then that.

#9003 Shadewing

Shadewing

Artichoke of Misery

• Supporter
  • 36641 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 05 March 2020 - 07:22 PM

Finally got around to getting the last three episodes watched. Honestly, I liked it enough. Most of this is stuff that has been seeded through the entire series run, stuff various Show runners have alluded to since the 70's in some form or another. And honestly at this point, there is still more then enough wiggle room to pilot a Cyberking through for future writers to either change or expand on the whole thing. Regardless, I do feel this was a much better season then last; and we've finally started to see Jodie feel like the doctor.

3DS Friend Code: 0387-9040-3532

Twitch Channel

Youtube Replays

VOTE for what I play on 8/30!

Friday: Sonic Generations - Sunday: Transformers WFC - Tuesday: Little Inferno

#9004 Equals Three

Equals Three
  • Citizen
  • 127 posts

Posted 06 March 2020 - 05:03 PM

I'm am use to Doctor Who not sticking to any type world building. Each episode they discovery a new alien race with new technology that runs off a new type of energy. Next episode the Doctor will detect "tulocan" energy waves and the episode after that it will be "hydalan" energy waves. A lot of it is just throw away techno babble.

#9005 Rust

Rust

Slightly Off

• Supporter
  • 47250 posts

Posted 06 March 2020 - 05:56 PM

After having a bit of time to "calm down", as it were...there are places you can go with this set up. I'll admit after Gallifrey was restored the show kind of found itself in a well worn sort of rut when prior to Gallifrey's return the show got to be a bit daring at times. Plus, as I said before, the Doctor being Last of the Time Lords rather than just a Time Lord was kind of a big deal to the character.

Though I am going to be ticked off to no end if this doesn't ultimately culminate in a team-up episode with McCoy. It honestly feels like Seven needs to be part of this journey of self-discovery the Doctor finds herself on.

#9006 haywire

haywire

Secretly a Gobot in Disguse, don't tell anyone! :)

• Citizen
  • 1003 posts

Posted 06 March 2020 - 07:29 PM

Though I am going to be ticked off to no end if this doesn't ultimately culminate in a team-up episode with McCoy. It honestly feels like Seven needs to be part of this journey of self-discovery the Doctor finds herself on.

I would definitely like to see a teamup like this. Has McCoy said anything recently about whether he would guest star on the programme if asked?

#9007 Monique

Monique

Chaotic Neutral

• Retired Staff
  • 8528 posts
  • Faction::Lesbian Ninja

Posted 06 March 2020 - 07:33 PM

I really can't say I like it.

I mean really it would have made a lot more sense if The Master had been the timeless child instead. It would explain why he wanted to destroy Gallifrey. It would explain his insanity due to the experiments. It would explain why hes never actually perma died despite the many many times it should have been the last of him.

Making it the doctor is just.. boring. It also kinda cheapens earlier stories like River giving up her regenerations to save 11. It makes.. the time lords having to gift 11 more regens make zero sense.. like how did that even work there, they just remote triggered his regeneration I guess?

It doesn't really make sense. It ruins earlier moments. It also messes up canon severely just to try and fix what? some anomalous bit of information from 44 years ago? It doesn't even lead to anything of real worth or excitement either. How the BBC signed off on this is a mystery.

#9008 Telly

Telly

Needs things explained to him sometimes...

• Retired Staff
  • 8493 posts

Posted 06 March 2020 - 10:32 PM

chances are youll be ticked off. its a neat idea and therefore beyond chinballs ability to write

When I die I will surely go to Heaven for i spent my life in Hell

#9009 Maximus Ambus

Maximus Ambus
  • Citizen
  • 6418 posts

Posted 07 March 2020 - 03:01 AM

I like the idea of the Master being the timeless child but lets consider the story is called the timeless children implying more and think about how he acted in this story, it's quite possible he is the timeless child and he knows it and only did this to the Doctor to create self doubt, I don't think this story is quite done yet, Chinball has got another season.

It'd be a twist if the Rassilon and Omega were connected to the Doctor in the way the Valeyard and watcher were.

When you think about how the seventh Doctor acted, it makes you wonder if he knew. He may have picked up a few clues or he may have had all the information available for that regeneration.

I once read they planned to have the Master accuse the Doctor of being more than a time lord in Survival too

14424580661_11292a86a0_n.jpg

#9010 HellCat

HellCat

Opinionated idiot

• Citizen
  • 28983 posts

Posted 07 March 2020 - 04:03 AM

I think this is where you get with Doctor Who now being event television. RTD had it easy, he just had to slowly bring back popular baddies. Moffat had to create new stuff and do something big for the anniversary.
Chibnall?...Oof.

I'm not really a fan of The Other plotline. I think it's enough to make the Doctor a prodigy, a product of Gallifreyan society who chose a different path. Making the Doctor the mysterious starting point of all Time Lords feels like Chibnall was just way too eager to make pre 2005 fan theories canon.

#9011 Equals Three

Equals Three
  • Citizen
  • 127 posts

Posted 07 March 2020 - 04:47 PM

What if the Master was lying to the Doctor and the Master was really the Timeless Child this entire time?

#9012 Trpodeca

Trpodeca
  • Citizen
  • 434 posts

Posted 07 March 2020 - 04:58 PM

I'm not really sure how the memories show that the Doctor is the Timeless Child, or connect the two in anyway.

Sure the Master says their the same person, but what's he basing this one?

I sure wish I hadn't misspelt my username.....

#9013 CORVUS

CORVUS

Alltogether OOKY.

• Supporter
  • 33189 posts

Posted 07 March 2020 - 08:27 PM

5dQU1Hy.gif

“I love a man with integrity - I wish I knew one.” - Gomez Addams

#9014 Cradok

Cradok
  • Citizen
  • 834 posts

Posted 09 March 2020 - 08:45 AM

Yeah, there's lots of ways to retcon this shit out of all existence, but it doesn't really matter, it's done, it's what was intended, and any retcon will always get accused of 'done to placate the haters', even if it's Chibnall himself in the next episode.

#9015 Equals Three

Equals Three
  • Citizen
  • 127 posts

Posted 09 March 2020 - 09:40 AM

Retcon sound too malicious. Just give the story to writers not familiar with the deeper lore and watch these problems magically disappear.

I would like to think of it as time in a constant flux. Every time the Doctor stops an alien race from destroying the Earth he changes the time line. So nothing got retconned, it just happened in alternative time line.

#9016 Shadewing

Shadewing

Artichoke of Misery

• Supporter
  • 36641 posts

Posted 09 March 2020 - 11:28 AM

I don't see any future changes as a retcon. No matter how knowledgeable the next team is to lore. The Master is a notorious unreliable narator. We literal have a giant plot hole given to us; with that whole redacted area of the Matrix, as well as the fact there is no real proof in this episode other then 'The Master said so' and 'The Doctor is fine with it, if its true'.

As I said previously there is room enough to do anything with this episode. Explore it furter or deny it completely because there is as much evidence for it as there is against it, imo.

3DS Friend Code: 0387-9040-3532

Twitch Channel

Youtube Replays

VOTE for what I play on 8/30!

Friday: Sonic Generations - Sunday: Transformers WFC - Tuesday: Little Inferno

#9017 Cybersnark

Cybersnark

Sorry I'm late. Had to get my powersuit.

• Citizen
  • 11550 posts
  • Faction::Equestrian

Posted 26 March 2020 - 12:08 PM

Incoming transmission

#9018 NotVeryKnightly

NotVeryKnightly
  • Staff
  • 23403 posts

Posted 26 March 2020 - 03:35 PM

RTD put up an earlier draft for the end of the Time War. Allegedly prepared during the lead-up to the 50th anniversary, but ended up unused for the expected reason.

Edited by NotVeryKnightly, 26 March 2020 - 03:37 PM.

#9019 Echowarrior

Echowarrior

I write stuff...just not as much as I used to.

• Citizen
  • 10685 posts
  • Faction::Maximal

Posted 27 March 2020 - 08:11 PM

Suggestion:

The Doctor realizes that her timeline has been contaminated by some force that will lead to (insert disaster bad thing). The only way to avoid it is to destroy centuries of her life, going back to before she was infected. To do that, she prevents the Master's wife from contaminating his resurrection, thus changing the outcome of the Specials years. She then thwarts the idiotic plot of the PM and whatnot that brought the Master back. Before she fades away, she warns The Master about his plan falling apart, and hands him the key to the TARDIS and a 2 minute head start. The Master flees.

The Doctor Fades away slowly.

10th Doctor arrives on Earth, finds the situation sorted, and goes on to more adventures. All of the 11th, 12th, and 13th's timelines are completely erased.

Scrapped, tossed, and redone.

Ideally, David Tenant returns for several seasons, or just one season, or at least one special so he can go out on a GOOD story. Invite Matt Smith and Capaldi back in turn, but give them actually good, well written stories.

A similar story was implied in Big Finish's story Colditz, in which 7th realizes he was set up by his future self after a disaster that would have lead to Ace's death and Nazi Germany winning WWII.

...that just seems terribly cruel.

William Rendfeld
That Echowarrior guy...
Author of "Transformers: Armada (Revisited)"- Allspark Fic of the Month for December 2005. Archive here.
"In matters of style, swim with the current. In matters of principle, stand like a rock." - Credited to Thomas Jefferson.
"You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life." - Credited to Winston Churchill.

#9020 Rust

Rust

Slightly Off

• Supporter
  • 47250 posts

Posted 27 March 2020 - 09:11 PM

Yeah no. No erasing anything.

Reply to this topic

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users