Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  fourteenwings : (25 January 2020 - 12:56 AM)

"how expensive they were" Tell that to L.O.L. O.M.G. and the $129 Amazing Surprise (I mean I guess when it comes to the toy aisle Power Rangers isn't a juggernaut like L.O.L.)

@  Steevy Maximus : (24 January 2020 - 09:18 PM)

I think the big reason we didn't see the actual combining Zords at retail was because of how expensive they were. It would cost $100 to get enough of them to make a Megazord, $160+ if you want the Ultrazord. Or parents could just get the dang Ultrazord for $40 even if it didn't combine.

@  Steevy Maximus : (24 January 2020 - 09:11 PM)

Because they are "kids toys" not "collector toys"

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (24 January 2020 - 03:27 PM)

1) I don't have Target. 2) can't go into my walmart. I'm surprised Hasbro won't sell the toys on Pulse

@  Bass X0 : (24 January 2020 - 02:43 PM)

I dreamt my phone was ringing and woke up to answer it.

@  Sabrblade : (24 January 2020 - 02:05 PM)

The Lightning Collection figures, the smaller normal-sized Beast Morphers Ranger/enemy/Beast-Bot figures, the role-play morpher and weapon toys, and the simplistic non-combining megazord toys have all been very easy to find at various Targets and Walmarts. It's only been the actual combining Beast Morphers zord toys (which are bizarrely being sold individually this time) that have been hard to find in stores.

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (24 January 2020 - 01:49 PM)

Thought I do question Hasbro's almost reluctance to have the toys available anywhere.

@  Paladin : (24 January 2020 - 01:44 PM)

i've been trying to sell mine for weeks...

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (24 January 2020 - 01:37 PM)

I hadn't opened mine yet, but from what I've seen, the general agreement is that the Beast Morpher zords are much better than Bandais.

@  ThunderWear : (24 January 2020 - 11:16 AM)

I'm guessing if they're going to do anything on the level of Legacy Zords, it's being discussed behind NDAs at Toy Fair

@  Rodimus Supreme : (24 January 2020 - 10:38 AM)

Lightning Collection is good, and they're taking their sweet time on making Zords that are better than Bandai's Zords.

@  ThunderWear : (24 January 2020 - 10:34 AM)

So, what's the general PR fandom consensus of the Hasbro run of PR so far? I pretty much stepped out of the community after I got the Bandai Legacy zords I wanted.

@  Paladin : (24 January 2020 - 08:46 AM)

that would require someone to BUY Hasbro PR toys...

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (24 January 2020 - 07:17 AM)

Well hopefully see some cool PR stuff. Wish BBTS sold Hasbro PR toys.

@  fourteenwings : (24 January 2020 - 07:01 AM)

February 22nd through 25th, I feel like it was earlier last year...

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (24 January 2020 - 06:32 AM)

When is NY TF?

@  fourteenwings : (23 January 2020 - 11:43 PM)

I don't know about Hasbro's general policy but I know everybody was on lockdown for Frozen II, which included both LEGO and Hasbro. Plus, I'm guessing everybody is holding off PR for NY Toy Fair? Overall, it's best to remember that Toy Fairs are for buyers, not fans.

@  fourteenwings : (23 January 2020 - 11:41 PM)

LEGO has been doing this for ages, including sending cease and desists when outlets get leaked images.

@  ThunderWear : (23 January 2020 - 10:42 PM)

And then they ended up selling off the brand, so I guess I wasn't the only one.

@  ThunderWear : (23 January 2020 - 10:41 PM)

Last time a toy brand I followed tightened down on toy fair and all the invited guests posted glowing reviews of what they saw, I ended up being disappointed as heck.

@  Steevy Maximus : (23 January 2020 - 10:34 PM)

JediNews UK basically said they got a walkthrough of Lego's showcase...but were legally bound to NOT talk about anything, much less take pics.

@  ThunderWear : (23 January 2020 - 10:24 PM)

I wondered why I had seen basically nothing newsworthy from the event

@  Steevy Maximus : (23 January 2020 - 10:14 PM)

Word is that Hasbro and Lego have their UK Toy Fair stuff on MAJOR lockdown. Full NDAs and everything.

@  ThunderWear : (23 January 2020 - 09:28 PM)

Seeing people say the $0.99 + $20 shipping item is cheaper than the $19.99 + free shipping item and getting tons of likes for it... I just don't know anymore.

@  Telly : (23 January 2020 - 09:11 PM)

if you havent already, y'all check your walmarts clearance aisle. i found siege six shot for $5. course, it could just be my walmart, but never hurts to look

@  Vexwing : (23 January 2020 - 07:20 PM)

Candlejack is going to need more ro

@  Patch : (23 January 2020 - 06:30 PM)

I thought you had to type out Candlejack's full name bef

@  Maximus Ambus : (23 January 2020 - 02:46 PM)

I typed in the wrong tab.

@  Paladin : (23 January 2020 - 02:32 PM)

must've been the works of Candleja

@  Telly : (23 January 2020 - 02:06 PM)

looks like maximus wiped himself out mid-sentence

@  Maximus Ambus : (23 January 2020 - 08:42 AM)

Disregard this.

@  TheMightyMol... : (22 January 2020 - 06:58 PM)

Bold of you all to assume we won't wipe ourselves out in 50 years.

@  Benbot : (22 January 2020 - 04:27 PM)

There will be no UBI, people will just live in a ditch while they celebrate owning the libs.

@  Rycochet : (22 January 2020 - 03:24 PM)

In 50 years, retail will be dead because all stores are staffless fully automated operations controlled by Amazon. The UBI will be less than a fifth of what it actually costs to live after two decades of cuts and.a steadfast refusal to match inflation.

@  Maximus Ambus : (22 January 2020 - 02:55 PM)

In fifty years retail will be a thing of the past through robots, printers and Universal Basic Income.

@  Rodimus Supreme : (21 January 2020 - 11:16 AM)

Big retailers just don't want money anymore, so let's not give them any,

@  TheMightyMol... : (20 January 2020 - 04:12 PM)

This place is a madhouse, feels like being cloned.

@  Maximus Ambus : (20 January 2020 - 03:38 PM)

I took one step beyond the outer limits to the twilight zone.

@  TheMightyMol... : (20 January 2020 - 10:19 AM)

All retail is basically the same.

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (20 January 2020 - 10:00 AM)

Walmart just needs to go bankrupt already.

@  ThunderWear : (20 January 2020 - 07:19 AM)

They didn't put the 35th anniversary stuff back out until after new year. I'm no retail expert, but I feel like having stock on the shelf is better than the back. Especially toys at christmas time.

@  ThunderWear : (20 January 2020 - 07:18 AM)

Yeah, my local walmart took away the 35th anniversary endcap weeks before Christmas and left the Transformer section empty well past Christmas.

@  TheMightyMol... : (20 January 2020 - 04:44 AM)

Mine only has the 35th Anniversary Voyagers. A whole lot of them.

@  Telly : (19 January 2020 - 11:35 PM)

just be happy your walmart even stocks voyagers. mine doesnt

@  Steevy Maximus : (19 January 2020 - 08:53 PM)

Figures that Walmart finally restocks Studio Voyagers...with Wave ONE

@  ThunderWear : (19 January 2020 - 09:27 AM)

I snagged Rainmakers for half off.  They make me want jolly ranchers.

@  Trpodeca : (18 January 2020 - 04:21 PM)

I was using my account on another comptuer, and oddly it seemed to default to $US rather than converting it.

@  TM2-Megatron : (18 January 2020 - 02:02 PM)

You should be able to set eBay to display in your local currency, although personally I like to know the actual currency the item is listed in so I know if I need to account for forex fees or not

@  Trpodeca : (18 January 2020 - 06:34 AM)

I'd also like to take the opportunity to say I despise Ebay for showing the list prices in US money.

@  Trpodeca : (18 January 2020 - 06:23 AM)

Well there is an overpriced limited edition, but I don't want to pay that much money for it.

Photo
* * * * * 5 votes

Gallifrey Central: The Doctor Who Thread

Day Of The Doctor

8797 replies to this topic

#8701 Echowarrior

Echowarrior

I write stuff...just not as much as I used to.

• Citizen
  • 10598 posts
  • Faction::Maximal

Posted 06 December 2019 - 09:27 PM

Stephen Fry is just icing on the hype cake that teaser's given us.

William Rendfeld
That Echowarrior guy...
Author of "Transformers: Armada (Revisited)"- Allspark Fic of the Month for December 2005. Archive here.
"In matters of style, swim with the current. In matters of principle, stand like a rock." - Credited to Thomas Jefferson.
"You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life." - Credited to Winston Churchill.

#8702 Telly

Telly

Like a tiny sandwich...

• Retired Staff
  • 8311 posts
  • Faction::Autobot

Posted 07 December 2019 - 12:02 AM

finally watched season 11. chibnalls episodes were the least compelling, which is sad cause he wrote (or co-wrote) most of the season. and surprisingly there wasnt a single ep with a countdown that he wrote! the final ep seemed like a re-run of the pirate planet, what with the shrinking down of planets. but not as fun :p

not a terrible season, but not a great one either. merely a "that was a season of doctor who, i guess" from me

When I die I will surely go to Heaven for i spent my life in Hell

#8703 HellCat

HellCat

Opinionated idiot

• Citizen
  • 28846 posts

Posted 01 January 2020 - 03:15 PM

MAJOR spoiler for season opener.

Spoiler

#8704 Superomegaprime

Superomegaprime
  • Citizen
  • 3695 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 01 January 2020 - 03:40 PM

I tried to watch it, but then I began to doze off about 15 min into the openner, it feels like nothing has really changed since I last saw an ep of this current Doctor, the characters are still bland as hell and I found myself asking, what the hell happpened to Unit?

I'll try and rewatch it at some point, but currently, I do not have much hope for this current Doctor or the compaions, the Doctor not really coming across as the Doctor, instead more like a character you might find in Eastenders (UK Soap oppera, dull show if you ask me)

36428543702_ff3b1fc457_m.jpg

#8705 Destron D-69

Destron D-69

Springer's Mom has got it go'n on!

• Supporter
  • 62547 posts
  • Faction::Lesbian Ninja

Posted 01 January 2020 - 03:48 PM

I'm willing to give this doctor another series, but I still think what I always thought, there are too many companions - she's not getting enough screen time 

#8706 Maximus Ambus

Maximus Ambus
  • Citizen
  • 6359 posts

Posted 01 January 2020 - 03:56 PM

Unit was last shown being infiltrated by the Harmony Shoal in 'Return of Doctor Mysterio', we have had no follow up to that in the two seasons since.

14424580661_11292a86a0_n.jpg

#8707 HellCat

HellCat

Opinionated idiot

• Citizen
  • 28846 posts

Posted 01 January 2020 - 04:02 PM

UNIT were written out in last year's special. The joke behind it being they were no longer trusted/couldn't afford to stay open due to Brexit and were liquidated by the government.

#8708 LiamA

LiamA
  • Citizen
  • 3275 posts

Posted 01 January 2020 - 06:00 PM

I'm conflicted. I want to watch this but I was so bored with the last season that I can't really bring myself to watch it.

#8709 Telly

Telly

Like a tiny sandwich...

• Retired Staff
  • 8311 posts

Posted 01 January 2020 - 08:06 PM

MAJOR spoiler for season opener.

Spoiler

looks up said character on the wiki

Spoiler

BWAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA!!! oh my god that is so ridiculous! *dies laughing*

When I die I will surely go to Heaven for i spent my life in Hell

#8710 Trpodeca

Trpodeca
  • Citizen
  • 370 posts

Posted 01 January 2020 - 10:36 PM

I sure hope Chibnall has worked out how to properly balance the companions screentime. If Yazmin get's sidelined again, I'll be annoyed.

I sure wish I hadn't misspelt my username.....

#8711 Enbee

Enbee
  • Supporter
  • 2437 posts
  • Faction::Maximal

Posted 02 January 2020 - 03:29 AM

So I haven't paid too much attention to trailers and stuff since they've been pretty egregious the past sssseveral years, did THAT actually happen without being spoiled to hell and back in promos and magazines and such? I'd be amazed, but haven't heard a thing.

Spoiler

Will say I'm hoping this season will have a bit less of the Doctor being surprised by literally everything though. Like, let her be a little smug once in a while, I miss that.

Edited by Enbee, 02 January 2020 - 03:29 AM.

#8712 Trpodeca

Trpodeca
  • Citizen
  • 370 posts

Posted 02 January 2020 - 04:35 AM

Well that was fine. I really have nothing to say.

I get the feeling that Chibnall wishes that he didn't have to deal with pre-existing organizations that deal with aliens, but his scripts don't really justify getting rid of them.

Spoiler

Edited by Trpodeca, 02 January 2020 - 04:39 AM.

I sure wish I hadn't misspelt my username.....

#8713 LiamA

LiamA
  • Citizen
  • 3275 posts

Posted 02 January 2020 - 04:52 AM

No more Torchwood? Shoot. I was hoping for some sort of appearance by them since Chibnall created it.

#8714 Cradok

Cradok
  • Citizen
  • 797 posts

Posted 02 January 2020 - 06:33 AM

I guessed what would happen back when they were hyping the episode, but I spent the episode looking the wrong way, so well done on that. Other than that, felt like your average Chibnall, the feeling of nothing really having happened and none of the main characters really having achieved anything. Have to see how it does on a rewatch, though.

No more Torchwood? Shoot. I was hoping for some sort of appearance by them since Chibnall created it.

Technically, Torchwood hasn't existed as an agency since Children of Earth.

#8715 LiamA

LiamA
  • Citizen
  • 3275 posts

Posted 02 January 2020 - 10:31 AM

So pre-Missy or post-Missy? I'm hoping it's pre so they don't wipe out the character development the character was going through.

#8716 Rust

Rust

Slightly Off

• Supporter
  • 46748 posts

Posted 02 January 2020 - 10:46 AM

I'm willing to give this doctor another series, but I still think what I always thought, there are too many companions - she's not getting enough screen time 

Agreed. I'm getting the same feeling with these stories that I did with Five's run...the Doctor's relegated more to a tour guide/bus driver. I really think two Companions plus the Doctor is the sweet spot in terms of dynamic. Any more and things get crowded, any less and you fall victim to routine storytelling that will either see the Companion become The Special One or turn into nothing more than a Cheerleader.

#8717 Cybersnark

Cybersnark

Sorry I'm late. Had to get my powersuit.

• Citizen
  • 11436 posts
  • Faction::Equestrian

Posted 02 January 2020 - 11:03 AM

So pre-Missy or post-Missy? I'm hoping it's pre so they don't wipe out the character development the character was going through.

He still has his TARDIS, so that's pre-Gomez, pre-Simms, and possibly even pre-Delgado.

#8718 LiamA

LiamA
  • Citizen
  • 3275 posts

Posted 02 January 2020 - 11:07 AM

He still has his TARDIS, so that's pre-Gomez, pre-Simms, and possibly even pre-Delgado.

I'm hoping it's between Simms and Gomez.

#8719 D Immortalis

D Immortalis

I've gotta make the world know my name...

• Citizen
  • 3794 posts

Posted 02 January 2020 - 11:50 AM

i freakin loved the James Bond Theme moment, and that even when shes being "formal" shes still rockin' short pants and a long jacket...also, her bowtie was cool =]

i just found this episode to be fun as hell, and i still love her child-like whimsey, it makes me smile.

_+-=-+DAEMON IMMORTALIS+-=-+_

Day One is over, The Future's approaching
The embers are glowing, we're spreading the ash

#8720 LiamA

LiamA
  • Citizen
  • 3275 posts

Posted 02 January 2020 - 02:16 PM

I thought the long jacket was just the 12th Doctor's jacket.

Reply to this topic

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users