Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  -LittleAutob... : (30 May 2020 - 06:52 PM)

*stares at the light switch* .... I see what you did there

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (30 May 2020 - 01:40 PM)

*hands llittleautobot1218 a light switch* There you go.

@  -LittleAutob... : (30 May 2020 - 10:53 AM)

I feel a need to lighten up the mood.... ;)

@  -LittleAutob... : (30 May 2020 - 10:38 AM)

:p

@  Maximus Ambus : (30 May 2020 - 02:14 AM)

Shockwave did it.

@  NotVeryKnightly : (30 May 2020 - 12:21 AM)

I'm not in the US and at least some of the episodes seem to work for me. I don't know the actual list of places it's available, though.

@  Shockwave 75 : (29 May 2020 - 10:37 PM)

Unfortunately It seems Cyberverse is only available in the US on YouTube.

@  -LittleAutob... : (29 May 2020 - 09:19 AM)

Yes, and its ongoing.

@  NotVeryKnightly : (29 May 2020 - 01:05 AM)

Cyberverse is already officially uploaded to YouTube.

@  fourteenwings : (29 May 2020 - 12:36 AM)

Spin Master is abridging current episodes of Bakugan Armored Alliance and posting the result on YouTube. Maybe Hasbro does that someday too.

@  -LittleAutob... : (28 May 2020 - 10:59 PM)

I see... :/

@  wonko the sane? : (28 May 2020 - 08:14 PM)

Within the US anyway. Those channels aren't easy or cheap to access in other countries, and their website often region lock content. Tubi is the only good thing on that list: largely identical (but not perfectly so. Damnit. I wanna watch COPS.) country to country and free.

@  Steevy Maximus : (28 May 2020 - 07:24 PM)

So yeah, Hasbro is using plenty of venues to spread exposure of their brands

@  Steevy Maximus : (28 May 2020 - 07:23 PM)

Starz currently licenses Transformers G1 and the GI Joe movie (as well as MLP specials). Netflix has more current series available.

@  Nevermore : (28 May 2020 - 07:21 PM)

Study shows: Holders of the title "world's oldest person" have a severely increased risk of dying.

@  Steevy Maximus : (28 May 2020 - 07:18 PM)

Tubi TV and Youtube both host various Hasbro cartoons. Both are freely accessed and ad supported. Any basic TV package (barring straight antenna) includes channels like USA Network, SyFy and FX, all of which regularly air the films from Transformers and GI Joe.

@  wonko the sane? : (28 May 2020 - 06:18 PM)

I dunno what to tell you, media might be changing slowly, but at least it's still accessible. Even the folks that DON'T get one of the streaming services can watch it on the company website. It's a vehicle for the toy line after all, they need to make an effort to make it as consumable as possible.

@  -LittleAutob... : (28 May 2020 - 05:41 PM)

Well. Thats said, then.... I guess... :doh

@  wonko the sane? : (28 May 2020 - 04:13 PM)

As long as the the cartoons are profitable, then they'll make more. The media it's shown on is completely irrelevant. I say that as a guy whose earliest surviving memory is a big red truck turning into a big red robot.

@  ZakuConvoy : (28 May 2020 - 03:06 PM)

Might be the end of an era. With the rise of streaming, who knows if Transformers will ever be on broadcast TV again.

@  -LittleAutob... : (28 May 2020 - 11:46 AM)

3 seasons on a show is usually enough... but yeah ;-;

@  Roddie Luver : (27 May 2020 - 09:37 PM)

I’m also sad Cyberverse has no season four.

@  Paladin : (26 May 2020 - 08:10 PM)

it's too hugging hot today.

@  -LittleAutob... : (25 May 2020 - 03:39 PM)

I'll agree with you on that.

*Figured -_-

I fugured

@  Steevy Maximus : (25 May 2020 - 01:37 PM)

I'm actually sad Cyberverse won't get another season. 2 and 3 (of what I've seen) have REALLY nailed it in being fun little actions shows, like the Sunbow series.

@  Rycochet : (25 May 2020 - 01:00 PM)

Yes.

@  Maximus Ambus : (25 May 2020 - 12:52 PM)

I'm waiting for Animated season 4. Am I insane?

@  wonko the sane? : (25 May 2020 - 11:22 AM)

I'm waiting for the next season to show up on netflix.

@  Sabrblade : (25 May 2020 - 10:59 AM)

Many of us have already watched the rest of the Cyberverse episodes since the whole third season aired in the UK last September.

@  -LittleAutob... : (25 May 2020 - 10:18 AM)

*9th

@  -LittleAutob... : (25 May 2020 - 10:17 AM)

I just saw the 8th episode... omg

@  Bass X0 : (25 May 2020 - 01:28 AM)

Already seen it online.

@  -LittleAutob... : (24 May 2020 - 09:42 PM)

Who's excited for tomorrow? The only thing that makes Monday worth it is the Cyberverse episodes .-.

@  wonko the sane? : (24 May 2020 - 12:30 PM)

Welcome. I just came into that trick myself recently, so happy to share.

@  Nevermore : (24 May 2020 - 12:05 PM)

Thanks, wonko the sane? for the tip with the cloning. That helped a lot!

@  -LittleAutob... : (24 May 2020 - 12:02 PM)

Heheh.... yes... I don't think a sniper would be very good at making a vaccine... 0.0

@  Nevermore : (24 May 2020 - 11:48 AM)

All right! Cloning my old HHD to an SSD and then swapping out the drive was successful, it would appear. Finally.

@  Bass X0 : (24 May 2020 - 11:30 AM)

Scientist Perceptor is. Sniper Perceptor less so.

@  -LittleAutob... : (24 May 2020 - 10:51 AM)

Perceptor would be more responsible.

@  -LittleAutob... : (24 May 2020 - 10:48 AM)

Oof x~x

@  TheMightyMol... : (24 May 2020 - 10:45 AM)

He'd cure the virus, but he'd probably commit at least two crimes against nature and weaponize a third in the process.

@  -LittleAutob... : (24 May 2020 - 09:39 AM)

'Horrible consequences' would most likely happen with Brainstorm...

@  -LittleAutob... : (24 May 2020 - 08:16 AM)

Totally. And Percy's not even human. XD

@  TheMightyMol... : (24 May 2020 - 06:50 AM)

Can't do much worse than our current government, I say go for it.

@  Sabrblade : (23 May 2020 - 10:13 PM)

Little do we realize that the Perceptor in question is the Mini-Con combiner. :p

@  -LittleAutob... : (23 May 2020 - 10:11 PM)

He would!!!

@  -LittleAutob... : (23 May 2020 - 10:11 PM)

Horrible consequences? I... Doubt that would happen.

@  wonko the sane? : (23 May 2020 - 09:55 PM)

Even if he would come up with the answer by tomorrow.

Photo
* * * * * 5 votes

Gallifrey Central: The Doctor Who Thread

Day Of The Doctor

9061 replies to this topic

#61 Rust

Rust

Slightly Off

• Supporter
  • 47635 posts
  • Faction::Autobot

Posted 21 November 2011 - 04:10 PM

Yeah, if there are two ways of resolving a story, RTD almost inevitably chooses the most outlandish possible. The Season 2 Finale wasn't so bad until he went and brought the Daleks into it (RTD loooooooooooves his Daleks), but all the others have had some pretty doofy resolutions and conclusions.

At the same time, I think that's a flaw of RTD writing "Grand". In smaller, more intimate settings such as Midnight and Waters of Mars, the man makes my jaw drop.

Also, he has a tendency to kill off villains that would have been absolutely incredible as reoccurring characters. The Dalek Emperor, The Cult of Skaro (Which did manage to make it to a second appearance before they were all promptly killed off), The Family of Blood (Seriously. Why would you get rid of Time Jumping, Body Hopping Hunters?), and especially Miss Hartigan. Even removing the Cyberman element, that woman would have made a formidable opponent for the Doctor. Just free her from Cyber Control, give her a Dalek Temporal Shifter, and BOOM! You got yourself a new foe for the Doctor to deal with from time to time.

That really is the problem with NuWho...not enough reoccurring original threats. The Weeping Angels were a start, but I'd like to see more.

#62 Stilton Disco

Stilton Disco
  • Citizen
  • 3714 posts
  • Faction::Cannonball's Pirate Crew

Posted 21 November 2011 - 04:25 PM

If I remember correctly Phil Ford wrote the majority of Waters of Mars with RTD doing the end with Ood Sigma and his usual odd changes here and there.
No, I'm not 'that' TotalBiscuit.

#63 HellCat

HellCat

Opinionated idiot

• Citizen
  • 29095 posts

Posted 21 November 2011 - 04:37 PM

With 'The Next Doctor', RTD panned the ending as early as the BBC commentary released later that night. His revised idea he came up with after filming basically involved her feeling sorrow over her actions and warping the Cyber King into the time vortex to be destroyed. Certainly a hell of alot better then 'she screams, everyone randomly explodes like balloons'.

#64 -VP-

-VP-

Every time it takes my knees out

• Retired Staff
  • 8205 posts
  • Faction::RIBFIR

Posted 22 November 2011 - 02:16 PM

New mini eps from the dvd are cool, one is even a quick tear jerker...

#65 HellCat

HellCat

Opinionated idiot

• Citizen
  • 29095 posts

Posted 01 December 2011 - 09:16 AM

http://www.play.com/...urlrefer=search Oh I want this shirt now.

By the way, Doctor Who is involved in the BBC Christmas trailer. Involves a bunch of their stars having a Bing Crosby style Christmas party. The Doctor and Amy are playing Twister with a Cyberman.

#66 -VP-

-VP-

Every time it takes my knees out

• Retired Staff
  • 8205 posts
  • Faction::RIBFIR

Posted 02 December 2011 - 03:29 PM

About that new movie...yeah.....no

http://doctorwhotv.c...eboot-28713.htm

We can all breathe a sigh of relief now. Steven Moffat has decided to set the record straight on the Doctor Who movie and flat-out rubbishes everything David Yates has talked about.

Moffat said on Twitter today: ?To clarify: any Doctor Who movie would be made by the BBC team, star the current TV Doctor and certainly NOT be a Hollywood reboot.?

Moffat then added:?David Yates, great director, was speaking off the cuff, on a red carpet. You?ve seen the rubbish I talk when I?m cornered.?

Moffat elaborated: ?[Doctor Who] is a vitally important BBC brand with a huge international audience [that] not even Hollywood can start from scratch.

?There simply are no developed plans for a Doctor Who movie at the moment. If and when the movie happens it will need to star television?s Doctor Who ? and there?s only ever one of those at a time.?

?Whatever happens,? he continues, ?the BBC and BBC Worldwide will work together to ensure that we don?t just get a movie, we get the movie that everyone wants.?

So that?s the end of that, for now. Though the question remains, will David Yates have anything to do with a movie if it gets made? Or is he just delusional?

#67 Esser-Z

Esser-Z

I'm never going down at the hands of the likes of you

• Citizen
  • 32946 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 02 December 2011 - 06:17 PM

Hooray!

#68 HellCat

HellCat

Opinionated idiot

• Citizen
  • 29095 posts

Posted 03 December 2011 - 09:38 AM

Oh Moff. I talk down about you because I know when it counts you've got the goods icon-hotrod.gif

And hurray for another BBC department reporting a rumour about one of their own shows. Seriously, how does that happen? It'd be like me telling someone a rumour I heard from someone else about my own sister.

#69 Kalidor

Kalidor

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Owner
  • 60138 posts
  • Faction::Cannonball's Pirate Crew

Posted 03 December 2011 - 10:46 AM

Or maybe it's more like your sister starting a rumor about a family vacation then you have to say "No, she told dad she wanted to go to Panama and he was like "We'll see""

#70 CT-5555

CT-5555

Please, call me Fives

• Supporter
  • 1955 posts

Posted 04 December 2011 - 01:06 PM

They struggle to film a 14 episode series in the allotted time as it is. There's no way the star of the show can be loaned out to make a film without causing a disruption to TV filming.

Either it stars the current TV doctor and the series has a gap year, or they continue putting out 14 episodes a year, but cast a stranger in the film.

I hate both options, which is why I'd hate for the film to become a reality.

QUOTE(Xaaron @ Nov 21 2011, 04:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
TF Fans draw so many lines, it looks like a frackin' zebra.

#71 DarkeklawGW

DarkeklawGW

Slowly losing myself in a good way

• Citizen
  • 6203 posts

Posted 06 December 2011 - 10:41 PM

QUOTE(Proper Dave @ Dec 4 2011, 01:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
They struggle to film a 14 episode series in the allotted time as it is. There's no way the star of the show can be loaned out to make a film without causing a disruption to TV filming.

Either it stars the current TV doctor and the series has a gap year, or they continue putting out 14 episodes a year, but cast a stranger in the film.

And yet as I said before if someone offered BBC the right money for the movie rights and the BBC blinked we would get something like the Cushing movies. It's not like BBC hasn't screwed Doctor Who over before (As in killing it off, WITH PREJUDICE, in the 80's) to leasing out the Doctor to a studio to be played by Cushing...

But hey Moffat knows exactly what's going to happen because Doctor Who is HIS baby and not the property of the BBC.

For Bella Rose Fraizer-Grant Sept 8, 2011 to Nov 26th 2011... Pop-pop will always love you!!!!

#72 CT-5555

CT-5555

Please, call me Fives

• Supporter
  • 1955 posts

Posted 10 December 2011 - 09:52 AM

From the Radio Times

QUOTE(Steven Moffat)
This year, it was even madder, and I'll be honest, I almost completely lost it. There were 13 episodes of Doctor Who (well, 14, if you count the 2010 Christmas special) straight into three new Sherlock TV movies and then straight into this year's Christmas special

#73 Blueshift

Blueshift
  • Citizen
  • 2297 posts

Posted 11 December 2011 - 01:43 PM

TWO MISSING EPISODES FOUND

OH

MY

GOD

Merry Christmas indeed!!!!!!!

http://www.doctorwho...o-episodes.html

Edited by Blueshift, 11 December 2011 - 01:44 PM.

#74 Don_East

Don_East

Stop, Collaborate, and...

• Citizen
  • 341 posts
  • Faction::Equestrian

Posted 11 December 2011 - 02:30 PM

Wow, really good news. Especially the Galaxy 4 find since now that's the only episode missing from that particular serial. Feels good to know there's still hope that once was lost can be found once again.

#75 Blueshift

Blueshift
  • Citizen
  • 2297 posts

Posted 11 December 2011 - 02:40 PM

QUOTE(Don_East @ Dec 11 2011, 02:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Wow, really good news. Especially the Galaxy 4 find since now that's the only episode missing from that particular serial. Feels good to know there's still hope that once was lost can be found once again.

Actually no, only 6 mins existed from Galaxy 4 episode 1 and that was it. There was very few visual refences, only one blurry photo of the monster from it! Now we have an entire episode!

Also now we have two eps of Underwater Menace, I think the liklihood is high that the remaining ones will be animated.

While the two eps found won't have been top of everyone's lists (mine is Massacre part 4 I think, if we had to have one ep return), it's absolutely mindblowing to have two returned! There's been so few turn up (after 1992, it was only one ep in 99 and one ep in 04) that many had thought it impossible that any others would be recovered.

#76 CORVUS

CORVUS

Holy crap!

• Supporter
  • 33384 posts

Posted 11 December 2011 - 07:07 PM

This is...

news!
"Too much of a good thing is an awesome thing. But too much of an awesome thing is…umm…really, really dumb and bad. " - Strong Bad

#77 Somebody

Somebody
  • Citizen
  • 2183 posts
  • Faction::Vehicon

Posted 11 December 2011 - 10:13 PM

Ex-Missing episode clips here: http://www.bbc.co.uk...ered_Doctor_Who

"Just one small question,..." Great delivery by PT, there.

106 to go...

QUOTE(Proper Dave @ Dec 4 2011, 06:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

There is a #3, but it's not necessarily any better, which is for them to regenerate the Doctor on TV, but have the *OUTGOING* Doctor star in the movie. [There were lots of rumours about this happening with Tennant when he was leaving]

The obvious downside to this, of course, is that it would completely undercut the new guy...

Edited by Somebody, 11 December 2011 - 10:14 PM.

#78 HellCat

HellCat

Opinionated idiot

• Citizen
  • 29095 posts

Posted 12 December 2011 - 06:36 AM

I think the Beeb are much more careful with Who these days. RTD claimed the success of the revival has convinced them it's a long term brand and things like the hiatus year are designed to assure that. There may be missteps (Moffat isn't happy they axed Confidential and we've seen merchandise go up) but there are apparently plans to give it a rest and then bring it back if the majority tire of it again. I'm sure right now especially they'd love the money a movie would bring in but first you have to finance said movie anyway.

#79 Vestras

Vestras

Stone by Day, Friendship by Night

• Supporter
  • 8459 posts
  • Faction::Vehicon

Posted 12 December 2011 - 09:18 AM

@ Missing Episodes: I feel such a sense of geek pride that after nearly 40 years since these were lost, we've recovered 2 more. While not as pined for as Tenth Planet part 4, or as momentous as the recovery of Dalek's Masterplan Part 2 back in 02, this is still an amazing find! I wonder how they will handle releasing these on DVD. It's not enough for a solo release really, and repacking the Lost to Time collection wouldn't be economical. Maybe add them as a bonus disk to some other release.

@Movie: As much as the brand is soaring, I just don't see a movie happening, regardless of who the Doctor is or whether it is in continuity or not. The only story worth telling on that scale is the Time War, and anything less would be hard follow up as we return to the regular series.
Clearing out some old TFs and Mugenbine in my BST Thread. You know you want some of these.

#80 CT-5555

CT-5555

Please, call me Fives

• Supporter
  • 1955 posts

Posted 15 December 2011 - 04:47 PM

Didn't we sort of know all this already?

Steven Moffat on the future of Amy and Rory Pond

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users