Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  Otaku : (09 July 2020 - 07:47 AM)

@TheMightyMollusk Ah, but the series itself has pronounced "Bass" both ways. ;)  Oh, 90s English Capcom video game voice acting...

@  Maximus Ambus : (09 July 2020 - 03:14 AM)

Looking at my Titan Returns collection I can see they realised they didn't have to paint the Titan Masters after wave one, lazy bums.

@  Maruten : (08 July 2020 - 09:13 PM)

No, I'm going with "fish".

@  TheMightyMol... : (08 July 2020 - 04:19 PM)

He stated that it's in reference to the Mega Man character, so it follows the series' tradition of music names.

@  Cybersnark : (08 July 2020 - 03:59 PM)

The real question is if it's "bass" as in music or "bass" as in the fish.

@  Otaku : (08 July 2020 - 01:27 PM)

Well, at least now I know how to pronounce @Bass X0 's screen name. ^^'  Rather, I think I'd just forgotten.  In my defense, it really does look like an emoticon or maybe just "decoration", which is what a lot of folks add to their screen names online.  Usually because someone has the name they really want. XD

@  ▲ndrusi : (08 July 2020 - 01:27 PM)

Extremely unimpressed with your idea that someone making a negative observation you don't like means they "got triggered."

@  NotVeryKnightly : (08 July 2020 - 11:16 AM)

You know somebody asked "And this would be in relation to... what exactly?"

@  Bass X0 : (08 July 2020 - 11:15 AM)

Its because someone got triggered over my random musings instead of just ignoring them. If I read one of your comments that is of no relevance or interest to me, I don't feel the need to say so.

@  -LittleAutob... : (08 July 2020 - 10:56 AM)

All this over someone's username lol

@  ▲ndrusi : (08 July 2020 - 08:34 AM)

Bazro.

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (08 July 2020 - 06:34 AM)

It could be Bass 10-0

@  Nevermore : (08 July 2020 - 06:11 AM)

How do you pronounce yourself? "Bass Ex-O" or "Bass Ex-Zero"?

@  Bass X0 : (08 July 2020 - 03:23 AM)

I did almost go with Vile Bass X0, because Vile is cool too.

@  PlutoniumBoss : (07 July 2020 - 08:34 PM)

Bossk Saw

@  ▲ndrusi : (07 July 2020 - 04:16 PM)

Bass XD

@  Bass X0 : (07 July 2020 - 03:43 PM)

And its not Bass XO, its Bass X0, as in Bass, X and Zero from the Mega Man series.

@  -LittleAutob... : (07 July 2020 - 02:33 PM)

@Trpodeca :( :(

@  -LittleAutob... : (07 July 2020 - 02:32 PM)

Thats what a gray rock is? Then I'm not one.

@  Trpodeca : (07 July 2020 - 02:12 PM)

Man I just learnt about what seemed like a really cool show, only to realize it was a dream and it dosen't really exist.

@  Bass X0 : (07 July 2020 - 01:02 PM)

Just something I read that I wanted to share. I heard "gray rock" mentioned in a video, so I looked it up and that was the definition.

@  TheMightyMol... : (07 July 2020 - 12:20 PM)

It's a fancy way of saying "Ignore annoying people".

@  NotVeryKnightly : (07 July 2020 - 12:15 PM)

Bass XO has a habit of pasting random drivel here as if doing so were profound.

@  wonko the sane? : (07 July 2020 - 11:30 AM)

And this would be in relation to... what exactly?

@  Bass X0 : (07 July 2020 - 11:25 AM)

"One strategy for dealing with a narcissist or sociopath is to act like a "gray rock," meaning that you become uninteresting and unresponsive. You don't feed their needs for drama or attention. You don't show emotion, say anything interesting, or disclose any personal information"

@  Nevermore : (06 July 2020 - 07:23 PM)

Oh wow. Studio Series Offroad Bumblebee is awesome. His articulation is amazing.

@  -LittleAutob... : (06 July 2020 - 11:18 AM)

Oof-

@  Maximus Ambus : (05 July 2020 - 01:10 AM)

I got Studio Series 39 Cogman yesterday and woke up to find he'd decapitated my titans returns figures.

@  wonko the sane? : (04 July 2020 - 10:19 PM)

If I had a sarcasm powered mouth.. ooohh waaaiiittt...

@  -LittleAutob... : (04 July 2020 - 05:01 PM)

Heh

@  Bass X0 : (04 July 2020 - 02:56 PM)

"If I had sarcasm-powered legs, I'd do a happy dance...!"

@  TheMightyMol... : (04 July 2020 - 02:39 PM)

The real clones were the friends we made along the way.

@  Maximus Ambus : (04 July 2020 - 01:47 PM)

So the Emperor in episodes 1 through 6 was a clone?

@  ▲ndrusi : (04 July 2020 - 10:47 AM)

(And the 0th anniversary of the last time I couldn't do math.)

@  ▲ndrusi : (04 July 2020 - 10:46 AM)

Today is the 24th anniversary of the day we fought off an alien invasion with the help of Will Smith.

@  Maximus Ambus : (04 July 2020 - 10:41 AM)

Oh the end of the Ottoman Empire of course.

@  -LittleAutob... : (04 July 2020 - 10:14 AM)

*ahem* 4th of July....

@  ▲ndrusi : (04 July 2020 - 08:14 AM)

Nothing of importance has happened before, and nothing of importance will happen again.

@  Maximus Ambus : (04 July 2020 - 08:12 AM)

Nothing of importance happened today.

@  Telly : (03 July 2020 - 09:54 PM)

i want a "i survived 'rona and all i got was this lousy t-shirt"

@  TheMightyMol... : (03 July 2020 - 03:42 PM)

Slogan for 2021: "I Lived, Bitch."

@  -LittleAutob... : (03 July 2020 - 03:23 PM)

They should make the next book in the Survivors series 'I SURVIVED CORONA VIRUS 2020'

@  -LittleAutob... : (03 July 2020 - 03:23 PM)

YEEEE I'M A SURVIVOR-

@  Nevermore : (03 July 2020 - 06:59 AM)

Probably gonna assemble Devastator after work.

@  Nevermore : (03 July 2020 - 06:58 AM)

Ooooh. Overload arrived. He's surprisingly fun.

@  Bass X0 : (02 July 2020 - 04:00 PM)

He's sweeter than the average bear.

@  Maximus Ambus : (02 July 2020 - 03:14 PM)

Convert him to Maple Syrup.

@  Bass X0 : (02 July 2020 - 03:10 PM)

what would Canada do with Yogi?

@  Cyoti : (01 July 2020 - 12:51 PM)

We can deport Yogi back to Canada now.

@  Sabrblade : (01 July 2020 - 12:50 PM)

Jellystone National Pawk. A westful wetweat.

Photo
- - - - -

Gundam Discussion: The Wings of A Boy Who Killed Adolescence

Gundam Anime Gunpla

12830 replies to this topic

#12801 Wildwade

Wildwade

No, no. Finish sounding dumb, I'll wait.

• Citizen
  • 2766 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 29 May 2020 - 08:01 AM

Poor Luna is second at everything.

#12802 Demovere Xeno

Demovere Xeno

Not a model, perhaps

• Citizen
  • 3953 posts
  • Faction::Autobot

Posted 29 May 2020 - 11:00 AM

I remember doing pretty well with the Gunner ZAKU Warrior in OMNI vs. ZAFT 2. Maybe I should give Luna a whirl when I get Maxi Boost. :)

#12803 Wildwade

Wildwade

No, no. Finish sounding dumb, I'll wait.

• Citizen
  • 2766 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 29 May 2020 - 11:04 AM

I remember doing pretty well with the Gunner ZAKU Warrior in OMNI vs. ZAFT 2. Maybe I should give Luna a whirl when I get Maxi Boost. :)

Yeah, she's pretty solid in Full Boost if you've got a good front.  Her main weapon is absurdly good.

#12804 Ironbite

Ironbite

REJOICE! THE KING OF TIME HAS ARRIVED!

• Supporter
  • 28940 posts
  • Faction::RIBFIR

Posted 29 May 2020 - 01:13 PM

Anyone got word when Re: Rise is coming back?

xC9l3eY.gif

#12805 Steevy Maximus

Steevy Maximus

Snarky Siegie

• Citizen
  • 4911 posts
  • Faction::Unicron's Spawn

Posted 30 May 2020 - 08:16 PM

Nope.  Might be a few months until things get sorted with the virus.

Bandai is releasing a new Entry Grade Gundam.  What I find REALLY fascinating about this release is how they are FINALLY re using some of the ideas from Gundam AGE's Advanced series, with a dash of 30MM as well.  It's only a couple hundred yen cheaper than the prior Revive, but it also removes the need for nippers or stickers.  I'm curious if Bandai will offer anything besides the requisite Zakus in this style.  Has a surprising amount of articulation compared to prior Entry type products.

I'm hoping this becomes a "thing" going forward.  I think it would especially be good for many international markets, where models don't have a big presence.  Or even in light of the average Gundam kit available being $15-30, a DECENT sub-$10 offering would be compelling.   I can easily see kits like the Unicorn and Wing Zero EW as being viable with the limitations of the design.

https://www.gundamki...am-release.html

#12806 Demovere Xeno

Demovere Xeno

Not a model, perhaps

• Citizen
  • 3953 posts

Posted 30 May 2020 - 11:10 PM

If this keeps up, Bandai is eventually going to release a kit that builds itself for you. :wtf Or all HGs will just become the new MSiA. :p

Meanwhile, another Eldora suit variant is P-Bandai. Again. :burn We get multiple Origin Zaku IIs and Origin Gundams released normally with the most ridiculously subtle of differences between each, and yet the radically-different Eldoran suits only get one regular release?! :angry Also where's the normal Daughtress?

Anyways, have a battleship. :D

SEEDEternal01.jpg

My friend actually gave me this thing two years ago for my birthday; I just waffled on actually building it because of the sheer number of tiny, tiny parts that you need to paint. :wtf It's definitely closer to a 'normal' scale model kit in that regard, rather than the 'easy mode' of typical Gunpla.

SEEDEternal02.jpg

Basically, there's no grey on the runners at all - all the grey you guys can see needed to be painted. And then I messed up since the Eternal's thrusters aren't supposed to be grey on the outside. :wtf

SEEDEternal03.jpg

SEEDEternal04.jpg

The tiny METEOR models took me the longest since my eyes kept glazing over from staring at such tiny parts for so long. :wtf

SEEDEternal05.jpg

My paintwork on the bridge looks better in person, I swear. :doh

SEEDEternal06.jpg

SEEDEternal07.jpg

All that said, I'm a bit tempted now to get the Archangel too, just to complete the Three Ships Alliance. :D I just don't feel like I'm up to working on such a sheer number of tiny parts that I need to paint again - that, and there's no Kusanagi model. :p

#12807 Steevy Maximus

Steevy Maximus

Snarky Siegie

• Citizen
  • 4911 posts

Posted 02 June 2020 - 12:23 PM

Not sure if we've addressed it yet, but the next wave of Gundam Universe is up for preorder.  Only two figures this time around, possibly owing to the extra parts they seem to have.

Tallgeese.  The first villain figure in the line, and beating a Zaku for the first time in ever.  Again, seems like the result of the line's western focus.  No beam saber, unfortunately.

https://www.bigbadto...nDetails/126363

God Gundam.  This has a bunch (relative to other figures in this line) of extra parts to recreate the God fingers and hyper mode.  Might be the reason we're only getting two figures this wave.

https://www.bigbadto...nDetails/126360

#12808 Demovere Xeno

Demovere Xeno

Not a model, perhaps

• Citizen
  • 3953 posts

Posted 02 June 2020 - 12:49 PM

I'm not too familiar with the original designs for both of those, but it kind of looks like they decided to scrap the stylized look they tried going for with the first few waves.

#12809 HellCat

HellCat

Opinionated idiot

• Citizen
  • 29171 posts

Posted 05 June 2020 - 10:30 AM

n9pRIll.jpg
QF9pnUz.jpg

#12810 HellCat

HellCat

Opinionated idiot

• Citizen
  • 29171 posts

Posted 07 June 2020 - 05:01 AM

Took a look at Universe wave 4. The Tallgeese especially says they aren't dumping the aesthetic but I do think they're stumbling in response to feedback, which all seems to say "Ok, these look cool but they can't pose for shit." It feels like a massive mistake for a line they keep crowing is aimed at American/global fans. If something is sold as an action figure, people want to pose it. Looking at PVs and the like, Bandai seemed to think the market wanted Gundams that could just stand static in a cabinet. There's somewhat a market for that outside of Japan but usually people buy a figure to pose it in a unique way. It tells you a lot that my Barbatos is currently flailing to escape the claws of Siege Omega Supreme.

I think that's also why we're seeing only 2 figures this wave. Bandai do this a lot with lines as they respond to feedback a few waves in, scale back what they had in storage as they try to address the criticism.

#12811 Steevy Maximus

Steevy Maximus

Snarky Siegie

• Citizen
  • 4911 posts

Posted 08 June 2020 - 01:30 PM

So you know how I said Hobby Lobby is now carrying Gunpla?  They finally stocked and the prices are pretty much where I expected.  Something I forgot, though, was that they had a slot for the Leo.  $12.99, plus the usual 40% off coupon plus tax resulted in...$8.42.  Ooooh, that's army building prices right there.  If only the weapon pack wasn't so damned expensive...

#12812 Demovere Xeno

Demovere Xeno

Not a model, perhaps

• Citizen
  • 3953 posts

Posted 08 June 2020 - 11:51 PM

Back then, I was one of those people who were indifferent to SD. Thinking about it, that might have been because 1) I didn't have as many basic modeling skills down pat yet, and 2) SD kits tended to require more work due to less color-accurate plastic separation (despite technically being for beginners, but I digress). Now look at me: planning out a classic-style JRPG party made up of releases that use the Legend BB build. :D

SDBBWinning-Gundam01.jpg

SDBBWinning-Gundam02.jpg

SDBBWinning-Gundam03.jpg

SDBBWinning-Gundam04.jpg

My only real complaint with the Winning here is that the cockpit ends up hitting a support strut in the back of the head when folded down for robot mode, resulting in that visible gash in the metallic green. :( Also, only now did I notice that there's a tab on the cannon attachments that fit right into the slots on the arms for that mode - I've been forcing the whole arm into the hollow cavity of said cannon attachment this whole time. :doh

#12813 Monocle

Monocle

ASM Contributing Editor

• Citizen
  • 4160 posts

Posted 22 June 2020 - 09:51 AM

Since I am stuck home, I decided to watch the UC Gundam stuff in chronological order.  I had seen a lot of this before, but some things were new.

This all started cause I was watch Gundam the Origin.  Really did enjoy this, and they did a good job of having everyone act as they should.  Poor Sayla especially got to be on an upgraded trauma conga line this time.

MSG:  Seen this and actually didn't drag as much as I remembered.  There some awful episodes here, and the animation is some parts is just horrendous, but the characters do help carry it and it makes a good start to the franchise.

08th MS Team:  Always did like this one, helps that it also has one of the best duels in the franchise.

Igloo: Okay a bit all over the OYW, but decided to watch it here.   First time I ever seen these episodes. It does look dated now, especially some of the earlier episodes, and ends up being one of the bleaker entries.  Okay to watch once, but it really didn't do much for me.

Thunderbolt, December Sky:  This was another new one for me.  I wasn't really wild about it.  Most of the mech designs didn't do it for me, and I really just ended up disliking almost of the characters, which may have not been helped that I found a lot of the character designs ugly too.  Seeing the Psycommu Test Zaku at the end was neat at least I guess.

0080 War in the Pocket:  First Gundam show I ever got to watch, and is a great palate cleanser.  One of my favorites, with a great story, some really nice redesigned versions fo the MS's, and a perfect length.

Thunderbolt, Bandit Flower:  New, just like the first one.  This one was a little better then December Sky, and Io was a little more tolerable.  The new New Type ability revealed in it does seem really overpowered.  Left on a cling hanger till the final part gets made.

0083 Stardust Memory:  This has always been the great looking mech, wonky story show, but after Thunderbolt, I am more then willing to give it a better shake.  Only on episode 3 now, so got 11 more to go.

After that I continue watching the shows which I have managed to see before until I get to Victory, since Narrative does not have a home release yet.

#12814 HellCat

HellCat

Opinionated idiot

• Citizen
  • 29171 posts

Posted 23 June 2020 - 03:37 AM

This is interesting. I assumed the shirt was a meta joke about the current pandemic. Either way seems someone caught on and they changed it.

gqHkR4d.jpg
LYMt4aK.jpg
gqViCM2.jpg
Qi6gXAY.jpg

#12815 HellCat

HellCat

Opinionated idiot

• Citizen
  • 29171 posts

Posted 25 June 2020 - 08:44 AM

9th July, it's back.

https://twitter.com/...2833742848?s=19

#12816 Ironbite

Ironbite

REJOICE! THE KING OF TIME HAS ARRIVED!

• Supporter
  • 28940 posts
  • Faction::RIBFIR

Posted 25 June 2020 - 11:26 AM

Thank god.

xC9l3eY.gif

#12817 HomelessOne

HomelessOne

Veda Terminal

• Citizen
  • 4804 posts
  • Faction::Decepticon

Posted 28 June 2020 - 09:35 PM

"The most courageous act is still to think for yourself. Aloud." ~Coco Chanel

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." ~Dr. Seuss

#12818 Demovere Xeno

Demovere Xeno

Not a model, perhaps

• Citizen
  • 3953 posts

Posted 30 June 2020 - 02:14 AM

HG Daughtress

HG Gundam Airmaster Burst

Have they ever done this before - have the regular version and the Build series revamp both be P-Bandai? :doh

#12819 Steevy Maximus

Steevy Maximus

Snarky Siegie

• Citizen
  • 4911 posts

Posted 30 June 2020 - 11:16 AM

I don't know, but as a fan of Gundam X, it pisses me off.  The Airmaster Burst, I can understand.  But the Daughtress?  That hurts.

#12820 AgentOrange

AgentOrange
  • Citizen
  • 1379 posts
  • Faction::Maximal

Posted 30 June 2020 - 03:36 PM

HG Daughtress

HG Gundam Airmaster Burst

Have they ever done this before - have the regular version and the Build series revamp both be P-Bandai? :doh

When it's the only iteration in the 40 year old franchise to have its run cut short due to poor reception, you don't take the risk of mass retail

Edited by AgentOrange, 30 June 2020 - 03:36 PM.

You may be a lover but you ain't no dancer

Reply to this topic

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Gundam, Anime, Gunpla

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users