Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  unluckiness : (26 March 2019 - 12:29 AM)

ALso him messing around with the wait staff is adorable.

@  unluckiness : (26 March 2019 - 12:29 AM)

That's why I prefer wasting my time on the Kitchen Nightmares channel to the Hell's Kitchen one. He actually talks about the food there rather than increasingly colorful insults.

@  fourteenwings : (26 March 2019 - 12:17 AM)

They know their audience; people looking for videos of Gordon Ramsay being censor-bleeped every five seconds.

@  unluckiness : (26 March 2019 - 12:13 AM)

Gordon Ramsay likes the food compilation - 6 minutes. Gordon Ramsay hates on the food video - 1 hour. I love whoever manages his Youtube channel.

@  Ashley : (25 March 2019 - 06:35 PM)

Yeah, motorized flywheels have changed things a lot

@  Benbot : (25 March 2019 - 06:31 PM)

I'm big into Nerf. The blasters they make today are 1000 times more advanced than anything we had when growing up. There's a thriving modding community too.

@  wonko the sane? : (25 March 2019 - 01:29 PM)

Eh... they're okay. But unless you routinely end up with people who also own/use them (like in college, or an office where the boss buggers off for hours at a time.) they usually just end up sitting around gathering dust because without someone to shoot and shoot back: they quickly get old.

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (25 March 2019 - 01:27 PM)

Hmm. I don't think I have ever owned a Nerf gun in my life despite knowing of them for my entire life and liking the TV adverts.

@  Ashley : (24 March 2019 - 11:08 PM)

a stupid discovery while looking at some nerf guns: they make toilet paper blasters. it's basically an automatic spitball launcher, with a little water tank and a reel for you to put the toilet paper on.

@  MEDdMI : (24 March 2019 - 09:10 PM)

Everyone is a little stupid in their own snowflake way

@  ▲ndrusi : (24 March 2019 - 07:57 PM)

Personally I have a much higher tolerance for anecdotes about Stupid Americans when they come from other Americans.

@  TheMightyMol... : (24 March 2019 - 06:46 PM)

Australia is British Florida.

@  Patch : (24 March 2019 - 06:11 PM)

What other country has its own Florida?

@  TheMightyMol... : (24 March 2019 - 12:23 PM)

Many of us are in fact aware that our country is ridiculous.

@  Arazyr : (24 March 2019 - 08:25 AM)

As an American, I have no problem with the amusing anecdotes he's been sharing. In fact, I've been enjoying them, and got no indication of smugness from any of them. Please continue. 8^)

@  The Doctor Who : (24 March 2019 - 06:00 AM)

Minnesota, but I think it's only mentioned in, like, a side comic or something.

@  Maximus Ambus : (24 March 2019 - 05:57 AM)

Ever wonder what state Carly was in after 'The Rebirth'.

@  fourteenwings : (24 March 2019 - 02:15 AM)

I don't think it's right to feel indignation at people telling you that Americans might also have feelings and you should consider them before squawking yet more things in the same vein.

@  NotVeryKnightly : (24 March 2019 - 01:28 AM)

Intervening? It's not like much of anything that happens in this box is prompted.

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (24 March 2019 - 01:13 AM)

I suppose I would normally feel indignation right about now, but with you I am merely unsurprised that you are intervening in a conversation to express your typical brand of disapproval.

@  Cabooceratops : (24 March 2019 - 01:06 AM)

Nitefort x ]

@  NotVeryKnightly : (24 March 2019 - 12:50 AM)

I'm not super fond of Nevermore's habit of using the Shoutbox to complain about TFW users, but those usually seem to be things he's personally witnessed and not anecdotes that he only has confirmation bias to backup, so I can believe he isn't just being smug.

@  NotVeryKnightly : (24 March 2019 - 12:47 AM)

Amusing? Don't try to pretend you aren't being selective by picking things that support a narrative you're building.

@  NotVeryKnightly : (24 March 2019 - 12:46 AM)

Shield Agent: this and the previous anecdote didn't sound like you have any reason to believe them beyond confirmation bias, so bringing up these things compulsively achieves nothing beyond making you look smug.

@  fourteenwings : (24 March 2019 - 12:23 AM)

Well I guess Fortnite sounds cool? Maybe it made more sense before the gameplay started to focus on the Battle Royale bit?

@  fourteenwings : (24 March 2019 - 12:22 AM)

To be fair this is only a few days after your very comprehensive thing about St. Patrick's Day. Oh also I guess that thing about the Estonian currency exchange so that's like three entire "Americans!" squawks this week.

@  Maruten : (24 March 2019 - 12:22 AM)

Not that Nitefort is any more sensible obviously.

@  Maruten : (24 March 2019 - 12:21 AM)

I tend to forget that it's called Fortnite because my 3yo calls it "Nitefort" so that's how my whole family refers to it.

@  Maruten : (24 March 2019 - 12:21 AM)

I assume the name is derived from the fact that one can build forts? But the nite part is a stretch.

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (24 March 2019 - 12:17 AM)

Hence I thought it would be an amusing anecdote to share as I am not a gamer, but other pop culture-invested people here probably would be, and thus perhaps they would have different relevant experience to share.

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (24 March 2019 - 12:16 AM)

In fact before now I did not feel "superior" for knowing the word "fortnight" because I was raised to believe it was a rare but standard term.

@  Copper Bezel : (23 March 2019 - 10:33 PM)

Eh, it's not a common word in the US, so ... like I sincerely hope no one's feeling superior about it but I wouldn't assume.

@  NotVeryKnightly : (23 March 2019 - 09:59 PM)

Shield Agent: What is up with your compulsion to bring up every anecdote that supports your superiority complex towards Americans?

@  wonko the sane? : (23 March 2019 - 09:22 PM)

What I don't get is: what is a game titled "two weeks" even about?

@  Trpodeca : (23 March 2019 - 09:16 PM)

What strange people

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (23 March 2019 - 09:11 PM)

Interesting. I have just been informed by several Britons and Australians that since the debut of Fortnite, they have encountered Yanks who do not believe that "fortnight" is a real word.

@  Kayla Kaon : (22 March 2019 - 09:22 PM)

https://discord.gg/jMPfJWk

@  Kayla Kaon : (22 March 2019 - 08:05 PM)

What is up sexy people! Everyone having fun tonight?

@  Rycochet : (22 March 2019 - 01:01 PM)

If they don't take it down or back off, then unfollow. At least then they'll know why people are distancing themselves.

@  Rycochet : (22 March 2019 - 12:54 PM)

Call them out because if nobody challenges them on nonsense, they'll only sink deeper into their rabbithole of stupidity.

@  Benbot : (22 March 2019 - 11:26 AM)

When someone makes a deliberately hateful and dishonest post on Facebook, do you angrily call them out on it, or just ignore or defriend them?

@  Xellos : (22 March 2019 - 11:11 AM)

Dunno, I did watch Combiner Wars...

@  TM2-Megatron : (22 March 2019 - 04:37 AM)

Also, nobody try watching last year's Stargate Origins: Catherine "webisode". My god, I've never seen anything so atrocious

@  TM2-Megatron : (22 March 2019 - 04:36 AM)

Having watched the full decade's' worth of episodes during the last 4 or so weeks, the cult leader Goa'uld was Setesh/"Seth"

@  Pennpenn : (22 March 2019 - 04:00 AM)

I missed a whole bunch of stuff in the Squawkbox. Huh. It's been a long week.

@  Pennpenn : (22 March 2019 - 03:52 AM)

That or Old Testament God with his whole nuking cities, random plagues, brutal pogroms, absurd set ups to test followers faiths, etc etc as a very not rogue Goa'uld.

@  Pennpenn : (22 March 2019 - 03:48 AM)

1) Spite. 2) I'm fairly sure at least one episode did actually have a Goa'uld who'd be hiding out on Earth since the rebellion and had been host swapping and running cults, 3) mostly yeah spiteful contrivance to see Christain groups lose their collective shit.

@  TM2-Megatron : (22 March 2019 - 02:49 AM)

If you don't take paypal, and the item isn't a local pickup (in which case Cash is acceptable), I'm pretty sure you need to have some alternative credit card processor you're able to take payment through

@  TM2-Megatron : (22 March 2019 - 02:48 AM)

Technically eBay doesn't own Paypal anymore, but even so I haven't seen an auction in years that didn't take Paypal as a form of payment.

@  NotVeryKnightly : (21 March 2019 - 11:01 PM)

I was gonna ask "aren't eBay and Paypal basically the same people" but turns out that hasn't been true for a while.

Photo
- - - - -

Gundam Discussion: The Wings of A Boy Who Killed Adolescence

Gundam Anime Gunpla

12506 replies to this topic

#12481 HellCat

HellCat

Opinionated idiot

• Citizen
  • 28069 posts

Posted 24 February 2019 - 07:02 AM

So the second Zeromaru manual confirms at least the concept of Ayame using an F91 previously is canon. Even says near exact "Maybe if everyone wishes hard enough, someday she'll tell that story herself."

Bandai know they bet on the cat girl when they should have bet on the ninja.

#12482 HomelessOne

HomelessOne

Veda Terminal

• Citizen
  • 4642 posts
  • Faction::Decepticon

Posted 24 February 2019 - 10:04 PM

"The most courageous act is still to think for yourself. Aloud." ~Coco Chanel

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." ~Dr. Seuss

#12483 HellCat

HellCat

Opinionated idiot

• Citizen
  • 28069 posts

Posted 27 February 2019 - 05:09 AM

Uni tutors got me into the habit of using car body paint for colours standard brands of spray paint don't cover. Been trying for a while now to find a match for the green Zakus and Zaku proxies use and tested it on the Leo.

Think it's a good match but sadly Halfords paint reacts poorly with enamel primer. The first coat always congeals, meaning I have to sand it down and start over. This is the third coat which reveals the other problem. If you're conservative with it it results in a patchy, powdery finish that is satin in some parts. Apply it a little more heavily and you end up with a too thick glossy finish, even if you aren't drowning the pieces.

Gonna have to try some other techniques to remove that sheen.
e6NfPPF.jpg

#12484 Demovere Xeno

Demovere Xeno

Pinky to pinky~

• Citizen
  • 3667 posts
  • Faction::Autobot

Posted 27 February 2019 - 11:35 PM

SDCS Silhouette Booster

I'm a bit annoyed by this add-on. Yes, it has parts to convert an RX-78-2 into a GM... but that means in order to make a GM you'll need to buy this, the RX-78-2, and the CS Frame. :wtf Even then you'll have leftover Gundam parts and you'll have to paint most of the GM's upper torso parts to make it color-accurate. :doh

Also, have you guys seen this upcoming line from Bandai called 30 Minutes Missions? Generic non-Gundam-franchise mech designs that are designed to be wholly modular. They're even releasing the initial kits in different colors for out-of-the-box customization. The sales blurbs mention them being 1/144 too, so it would be even cooler if they're compatible with HG Gundam parts. :)

Edited by Demovere Xeno, 27 February 2019 - 11:40 PM.

#12485 HellCat

HellCat

Opinionated idiot

• Citizen
  • 28069 posts

Posted 28 February 2019 - 05:30 AM

30 Minute Missions reminds me of Bandai doing kits of American properties to ease people into Gunpla. Between this and the Build shows, they clearly want plamo people can get into without needing tons of lore.

======

Remember the Fumina kit that was released by Figure-rise last year? It's apparently getting re released in new colours. However, in response to internal and external feedback, they have completely redesigned the runners so the connectors are mostly in areas you won't see when assembled and the few they couldn't have been made thinner. I have the original release and for something where the push was "A collector quality figurine you build!", the sprue connector layout was a mess. Given Bandai have done stuff like undergating for more expensive kits I'm surprised more care wasn't taken. But actually redoing the runners to correct it is impressive.

#12486 HellCat

HellCat

Opinionated idiot

• Citizen
  • 28069 posts

Posted 28 February 2019 - 11:28 AM

I really don't think Space and Flight Leo should have been P-Bandai. Maybe Flight, but there's enough unique parts to both that I could see them selling well. It's not like say, IBO, where it was 'Here's someone's Graze in custom colours'.with no real distinction (seriously, they didn't even give the McGillis Graze Ritter the second sword).

#12487 Demovere Xeno

Demovere Xeno

Pinky to pinky~

• Citizen
  • 3667 posts

Posted 01 March 2019 - 12:21 AM

Would the Flight and Space parts have worked as a Build Custom set?

#12488 Steevy Maximus

Steevy Maximus

Snarky Siegie

• Citizen
  • 4372 posts
  • Faction::Unicron's Spawn

Posted 01 March 2019 - 09:44 PM

Pre-orders are up for Gundam Universe wave 1 at BBTS with a release date in July.  Price is $24.99, which is quite a fair price all things considered

https://www.bigbadto...1103&Company=81

#12489 HomelessOne

HomelessOne

Veda Terminal

• Citizen
  • 4642 posts

Posted 02 March 2019 - 02:43 AM

https://www.gundamki...-ver-20_22.html

The Alex 2.0 actually has some neat new stuff, like the head armoring.

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." ~Dr. Seuss

#12490 HellCat

HellCat

Opinionated idiot

• Citizen
  • 28069 posts

Posted 02 March 2019 - 04:18 AM

Apparently there's some kind of campaign in Japan where Gundam Universe toys will come with character/MS branded exclusive Tamashii Stages for the figures. No idea if they'll replicate this outside Japan or if even buying from there will qualify for it.

#12491 chiasaur11

chiasaur11
  • Citizen
  • 3038 posts

Posted 07 March 2019 - 06:08 AM

So, the Legendary Gundam movie has a screenwriter now.

Brian K Vaughan, of Runaways, Y: The Last Man, and Saga fame.

Definitely got my attention with that pick. 

#12492 HellCat

HellCat

Opinionated idiot

• Citizen
  • 28069 posts

Posted 07 March 2019 - 10:11 AM

Really hoping the movie isn't an adaptation. A bunch of people think it'll be 0079 with Hollywood actors but I can't see that working. I think the core Gundam story (lower to middle class kid gets caught up in war) can easily work in a Hollywood movie without simply repeating an existing Gundam story completely.

Just make sure I get a cameo. I can totally scream "IT'S A GUNDAM!!"...I mean, I do every time a HLJ parcel comes.

#12493 ZakuConvoy

ZakuConvoy
  • Citizen
  • 455 posts

Posted 07 March 2019 - 01:49 PM

Huh, Brian Vaughan IS one of the best character writers in comics...I find his plotting and world building lacking, but his characters are always interesting and three-dimensional.

And, if his script DOES get made, I think we can bet on the plot being "young person is on the run from a large government/organization that would abuse something he has", since...that is the plot he writes. 

#12494 Maruten

Maruten
  • Staff
  • 6698 posts

Posted 07 March 2019 - 04:30 PM

What?

What?

BKV? Eh? What? That's insane. 

WsuGTl1.jpg

#12495 chiasaur11

chiasaur11
  • Citizen
  • 3038 posts

Posted 07 March 2019 - 07:20 PM

What?

What?

BKV? Eh? What? That's insane. 

Unexpected, certainly, but I wouldn't say insane.

He's done a decent amount of screenwriting for TV, including some pretty good episodes of Lost, and he's got a track record of experience with a lot of Gundam's themes in his past work.

There's some logic to it. It's just, you know, surprising. 

#12496 HellCat

HellCat

Opinionated idiot

• Citizen
  • 28069 posts

Posted 11 March 2019 - 07:07 AM

Micro Wars 1 is now out. Kinda disappointed, only the torsos are built and you have to assemble the limbs Gunpla-style. They're also unpainted so you get a sticker sheet.

Wave 2 has also been revealed. Gouf, GM, Gundam Ground Type, 08th MS team-style hover tank and those siege tanks Ramba's forces used.

Be interested to see how long these last.

#12497 Demovere Xeno

Demovere Xeno

Pinky to pinky~

• Citizen
  • 3667 posts

Posted 12 March 2019 - 07:29 AM

Micro Wars 1 is now out. Kinda disappointed, only the torsos are built and you have to assemble the limbs Gunpla-style. They're also unpainted so you get a sticker sheet.

Just the limbs are unpainted?

You know what would've been nice? If the torso pieces were big enough to replace SDCS torsos, so you could give these the better arms and legs.

#12498 HellCat

HellCat

Opinionated idiot

• Citizen
  • 28069 posts

Posted 12 March 2019 - 09:12 AM

#12499 HomelessOne

HomelessOne

Veda Terminal

• Citizen
  • 4642 posts

Posted 12 March 2019 - 07:49 PM

https://www.gundamki...om-release.html

#12500 HomelessOne

HomelessOne

Veda Terminal

• Citizen
  • 4642 posts

Posted 15 March 2019 - 12:57 PM

Just thought I'd post about this.

CvvjNCl.jpg

Gundam Throne Vier.

Final boss of the s1 stage play since they cut and altered a lot of stuff for time. A 4th Throne assembled by Ribbons for Ali; aside from the huge beam sabers and mention of a "Trans Am Tau", most of its functions are unknown.

Reply to this topic

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Gundam, Anime, Gunpla

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users