Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  wonko the sane? : (13 September 2019 - 01:54 PM)

Why do you feel a need to label yourself for doing something harmless?

@  Telly : (13 September 2019 - 11:10 AM)

thats more than i look at on reddit

@  Benbot : (13 September 2019 - 10:49 AM)

am I a basic bitch for only browsing the front page of Reddit?

@  Shrug : (12 September 2019 - 12:26 PM)

I managed to find about 2/3s of my goal Sega Genesis collection before the last price bump

@  Anonymous X : (12 September 2019 - 11:11 AM)

So relieved that I picked up most of my NTSC GameCube collection in 2010/11 before prices on the secondary market went bezerk...

@  unluckiness : (12 September 2019 - 12:54 AM)

I have fond memories of it since it was the last console Mario Kart that didn't have the ridiculous pre-race cart assembly

@  TM2-Megatron : (11 September 2019 - 10:26 PM)

Like many Gamecube games, underrated

@  unluckiness : (11 September 2019 - 09:24 AM)

Double Dash is great. Just watch out for blue shells

@  Bass X0 : (11 September 2019 - 07:43 AM)

I used a double dash on my mobile. The chat didn’t like it.

@  TheMightyMol... : (11 September 2019 - 04:17 AM)

The mobile version of the site chokes on certain characters, I think.

@  NotVeryKnightly : (11 September 2019 - 04:10 AM)

what's with that punctuation anyway

@  Nevermore : (11 September 2019 - 03:20 AM)

Now where did that come from, Bass X0?

@  Bass X0 : (11 September 2019 - 01:52 AM)

Politics and Religion — tools of foul play!

@  TM2-Megatron : (10 September 2019 - 11:10 PM)

If you owe, you're expected to actually pay it at the time you file, before they even process your return

@  TM2-Megatron : (10 September 2019 - 11:10 PM)

If you file electronically, I find you usually get your refund within a couple weeks

@  Nevermore : (10 September 2019 - 06:22 PM)

Well, lucky it took less than two months for me. For a little over 200 Euros.

@  wonko the sane? : (10 September 2019 - 06:11 PM)

Pretty much, yeah. Canada revenue will be all up your ass if you earn less than 200K and owe tax, but your refund is basically "duke nukem forever".

@  Nevermore : (10 September 2019 - 05:34 PM)

Whereas if you overpaid and they have to refund you, they will take their sweet time to let you know.

@  Nevermore : (10 September 2019 - 05:34 PM)

Like, here in Germany, if the tax authority responds to your tax report quickly, you can rest assured they want more money.

@  Nevermore : (10 September 2019 - 05:33 PM)

Do tax authorities in other countries base their time to respond to filed tax reports on whether they owe or are owed as well?

@  wonko the sane? : (10 September 2019 - 11:13 AM)

Check what the requirements are for your cad program, and try to beat them by about 20%, and understand that software requirements have been stable for a few years: not really keeping up with the advancements in hardware. Unless you're doing something SPECIFIC which requires ludicrous amounts of power, just give your self a cushion on hardware and don't bother going whole hog.

@  Benbot : (10 September 2019 - 10:16 AM)

What I'm currently using is an i5 2018 Surface Laptop. My current desktop is all but dead. I think in the end affordability will win out over specs. I need to use CAD programs, but I'm a student, not a professional.

@  wonko the sane? : (10 September 2019 - 10:06 AM)

Okay. Whats the specs on the I7 and what are you currently using?

@  Benbot : (10 September 2019 - 09:23 AM)

fun and games

@  wonko the sane? : (09 September 2019 - 04:43 PM)

Depends entirely on what you use the computer for.

@  Steevy Maximus : (09 September 2019 - 11:52 AM)

Probably not

@  Benbot : (09 September 2019 - 09:39 AM)

Do I need an i7 on my new computer?

@  Nevermore : (08 September 2019 - 12:08 PM)

https://imgur.com/fkyjpza

@  Nevermore : (08 September 2019 - 12:07 PM)

Today's convention haul:

@  wonko the sane? : (08 September 2019 - 08:54 AM)

But it was Huuunnngrrrryyyy. What was I supposed to do?

@  MEDdMI : (08 September 2019 - 08:23 AM)

But did you feed any small fuzzy creatures after midnight?

@  wonko the sane? : (08 September 2019 - 06:32 AM)

Shouldn't be. I literally just built it. Not even three weeks ago even.

@  TM2-Megatron : (07 September 2019 - 10:13 PM)

Sounds like your computer's on its last lags, Wonko

@  wonko the sane? : (07 September 2019 - 07:37 PM)

Dunno, crucial says it's fine, gonna need a second opinion.

@  Pennpenn : (07 September 2019 - 06:52 PM)

Good luck! (or break a leg if it's like theater luck...)

@  wonko the sane? : (07 September 2019 - 06:46 PM)

Alright. The damages now seem to include my primary SSD. Thankfully, the gaming drive (I have now lost all my games and mods entirely.) Let me wipe it and install there. Once the crucial utility is installed again, will verify the drive.

@  wonko the sane? : (07 September 2019 - 03:32 PM)

Three more crashes since I pulled the ram. Verifying the OS now... tonight might be a reinstalling kinda night.

@  wonko the sane? : (07 September 2019 - 11:46 AM)

And thankfully it wasn't totally dead, so it was working on occassion. If the problem is actually solved, I just need to wait and see if the program/system crashes are over.

@  wonko the sane? : (07 September 2019 - 11:45 AM)

Got it. I wound up running the memtest four more times, because of course it's always the last dimm. But I got the culprit. I lost 8 gig, but I'm still at three times the "recommended" amount.

@  Hg Dragon : (07 September 2019 - 11:09 AM)

DL and run MemTest86. It'll help weed out issues. Run 1 stick at a time. Then run a stick that passed in each slot. Will help you find out if it's the RAM or the slot/motherboard

@  Patch : (07 September 2019 - 10:45 AM)

How many RAM sticks do you have total?

@  wonko the sane? : (07 September 2019 - 09:57 AM)

Great, two weeks of random BSODs, and I manage to finally work out some ram has gone bad. Just need to work out which one(s) and then I can go from there.

@  wonko the sane? : (07 September 2019 - 06:25 AM)

*just stares*

@  unluckiness : (07 September 2019 - 04:27 AM)

My french is rusty but I'd guess Italienne-americain pain du sauce

@  Nevermore : (07 September 2019 - 02:58 AM)

What do they want "pizza" to be called? Crpes superior?

@  unluckiness : (07 September 2019 - 01:11 AM)

Are they still suing Italian restaurants for having food that's insufficiently French?

@  PlutoniumBoss : (06 September 2019 - 10:31 PM)

Not even Quebec likes Quebec?

@  TM2-Megatron : (06 September 2019 - 08:51 PM)

Quebec's a special case; they just have an insatiable lust for hate

@  Ashley : (06 September 2019 - 07:48 PM)

Those weird language laws are basically anti-everyone. Who does it help to stop certain toys from being sold there?

@  TM2-Megatron : (06 September 2019 - 04:56 PM)

Canada is one of those rare countries that's paradoxically both anti-business (except for the chosen few) and anti-consumer

Photo
- - - - -

Gundam Discussion: The Wings of A Boy Who Killed Adolescence

Gundam Anime Gunpla

12605 replies to this topic

#12461 chiasaur11

chiasaur11
  • Citizen
  • 3049 posts
  • Faction::Autobot

Posted 13 February 2019 - 03:40 AM

This is probably why I don't Gundam: looking at that stack, the ones jumping out at me are the lady with the round shields on her shoulders, and that gray Guntank looking guy that looks more like an Armored Core. X]

It looks like a Guntank for the very logical reason that it is a Guntank.

As much as I appreciate the usual parade of GMs and monoeyes, I'd like more designs like it and the Origins Mobile Worker. You know, more of a grounded, clunky look than the humanoid proportions of even the first Zakus.

#12462 HomelessOne

HomelessOne

Veda Terminal

• Citizen
  • 4708 posts
  • Faction::Decepticon

Posted 13 February 2019 - 12:04 PM

Not exactly what you're looking for, but you may want to give VOTOMS a look. The Armored Troopers have a generally humanoid appearance, but they're much clunkier in action and far more disposable than Mobile Suits. Chirico goes through a good dozen or so machines over the course of just the original anime, and really only gets a "custom" in the final act.

Meanwhile, P-Bandai is going into AoZ overdrive for some reason:

https://www.gundamki...9a-g-parts.html

https://www.gundamki...g-parts_12.html

https://www.gundamki...-hazel-and.html

https://www.gundamki...custom-and.html

https://www.gundamki...undam-tr-6.html

https://www.gundamki...-rahs-full.html

"The most courageous act is still to think for yourself. Aloud." ~Coco Chanel

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." ~Dr. Seuss

#12463 chiasaur11

chiasaur11
  • Citizen
  • 3049 posts

Posted 13 February 2019 - 07:47 PM

Not exactly what you're looking for, but you may want to give VOTOMS a look. The Armored Troopers have a generally humanoid appearance, but they're much clunkier in action and far more disposable than Mobile Suits. Chirico goes through a good dozen or so machines over the course of just the original anime, and really only gets a "custom" in the final act.

Meanwhile, P-Bandai is going into AoZ overdrive for some reason:

https://www.gundamki...9a-g-parts.html

https://www.gundamki...g-parts_12.html

https://www.gundamki...-hazel-and.html

https://www.gundamki...custom-and.html

https://www.gundamki...undam-tr-6.html

https://www.gundamki...-rahs-full.html

I know about VOTOMs, but I was thinking more for kits than for shows. 

Scopedogs are basically humanoid anyway. They're cool, but they don't move things that far away from the standard Gundam variations, not to the degree of a lot of the more oddball Turn A designs, even.

#12464 HomelessOne

HomelessOne

Veda Terminal

• Citizen
  • 4708 posts

Posted 14 February 2019 - 12:24 PM

https://www.gundamki...lex-ver-20.html

https://www.gundamki...-announced.html

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." ~Dr. Seuss

#12465 Maruten

Maruten
  • Staff
  • 7158 posts

Posted 15 February 2019 - 01:14 AM

I have been trying to figure out if there's a technique for panel lining that I'm competent and coordinated enough to... not make a huge ugly hugging mess with. I thought I was witnessing actual witchcraft when I saw a video of a dude using Tamiya Panel Line Accent, but no - that shit is real?! I'm incredibly happy with the little testing I've done so far. It does take a fair bit of cleanup, but the absolute magic of the paint travelling through the panel lines like it's bloody alive is just genuinely amazing.

Am I looking at a 100% chance that it will eat right through my plastic? :)

WsuGTl1.jpg

#12466 Steevy Maximus

Steevy Maximus

Snarky Siegie

• Citizen
  • 4545 posts
  • Faction::Unicron's Spawn

Posted 15 February 2019 - 10:47 PM

Tamashii Nations is at Toy Fair, and they got a couple of new reveals!

The 3rd wave of Gundam Universe was shown, featuring the Strike Gundam, Sandrock (ANOTHER Wing entry!) and the Ez8 from 08th MS Team.

#12467 Demovere Xeno

Demovere Xeno

Chariot of the Big Sister

• Citizen
  • 3737 posts

Posted 16 February 2019 - 12:00 AM

They sure are going all-in on Gundam Universe, huh? Three revealed waves right out of the gate.

#12468 Steevy Maximus

Steevy Maximus

Snarky Siegie

• Citizen
  • 4545 posts
  • Faction::Unicron's Spawn

Posted 19 February 2019 - 01:30 PM

They sure are going all-in on Gundam Universe, huh? Three revealed waves right out of the gate.

I still get the feeling that this is part of a bigger play to establish a stronger presence for Gundam in the west.  The kits do...okay here, but that really isn't something many collectors gravitate to.  Not to mention that the kit selection is varied and maybe doesn't play to the series that average Western fans may prefer.

Again, the first 3 waves are VERY western centric in character selection, which supports my supposition.  Heck, we're due for a new dub for SEED, which supports the release of the Strike in wave 3 since it should be hitting about the time the series starts to air on Toonami.

Also, here's a look at a mock up of the packaging from Gundam Planet, who attended Toy Fair:

https://scontent-dfw...99e&oe=5CE9DE94

#12469 Demovere Xeno

Demovere Xeno

• Citizen
  • 3737 posts

Posted 19 February 2019 - 11:57 PM

I still get the feeling that this is part of a bigger play to establish a stronger presence for Gundam in the west.  The kits do...okay here, but that really isn't something many collectors gravitate to.  Not to mention that the kit selection is varied and maybe doesn't play to the series that average Western fans may prefer.

Again, the first 3 waves are VERY western centric in character selection, which supports my supposition.  Heck, we're due for a new dub for SEED, which supports the release of the Strike in wave 3 since it should be hitting about the time the series starts to air on Toonami.

Also, here's a look at a mock up of the packaging from Gundam Planet, who attended Toy Fair:

The package design is definitely very 'collector's 6-inch' in looks and shape. I do wonder how they'll fit some of the larger backpacks though, like the Aile Striker Pack.

#12470 Daith

Daith

My Nyah brings all the girls to the yard

• Supporter
  • 9071 posts
  • Faction::Maximal

Posted 20 February 2019 - 02:08 AM

Watched NT tonight with my brother. Not bad, Kinda felt much more digestible than most of the UC I've seen despite being later in the timeline.

One question though.

Spoiler

#12471 Demovere Xeno

Demovere Xeno

• Citizen
  • 3737 posts

Posted 21 February 2019 - 06:01 AM

The package design is definitely very 'collector's 6-inch' in looks and shape. I do wonder how they'll fit some of the larger backpacks though, like the Aile Striker Pack.

The renewed attempt to appeal to the western audience may as well be official given this article. They name-drop MSiA, specifically citing being able to just pull them out of the box and start playing with them, and there's a big emphasis on the Universe figures being durable and 'stress-free'.

The RX-78-2 and Unicorn both look like they come with a decent number of accessories - on par with your typical Marvel Legends figure. They didn't have a good shot of the Wing's inner tray when they took it out in the video, though.

#12472 HellCat

HellCat

Opinionated idiot

• Citizen
  • 28546 posts

Posted 22 February 2019 - 02:27 AM

Built HGAC Leo. Did the Divers version last year but haven't painted it yet.

It's interesting we're getting all these grunt suits with customisation in mind. Seems to have started with the surprise success of the Grimoire. Bandai wanted it to be the High Mock but fans never took to that. Since then we've had a bunch of HG grunts as custom fodder.

#12473 Cybersnark

Cybersnark

Sorry I'm late. Had to get my powersuit.

• Citizen
  • 11244 posts
  • Faction::Equestrian

Posted 22 February 2019 - 11:20 AM

Grunt suits have always had the more interesting designs, IMHO. They don't all have to look "iconic."

Plus (for those who care about in-universe canon) it's easier to imagine someone souping up a surplus mass-production machine versus being able to tinker with a one-of-a-kind prototype in their garage.

#12474 HomelessOne

HomelessOne

Veda Terminal

• Citizen
  • 4708 posts

Posted 22 February 2019 - 12:32 PM

RE/100 Zaku II Kai

RE/100 Vigna Ghina II

RG Crossbone X-1 details

lol

#12475 Autobot Bubbs

Autobot Bubbs

Professional procrastinator

• Citizen
  • 5415 posts

Posted 23 February 2019 - 09:23 PM

Aren't the reborn 100's not QUITE as good as master grades?

spoilers are a stabbing weight upon my soul.... crushing it into a dark existential nothingness

#12476 chiasaur11

chiasaur11
  • Citizen
  • 3049 posts

Posted 24 February 2019 - 06:26 AM

Aren't the reborn 100's not QUITE as good as master grades?

Not really.

There's a pretty notable gap. Reborns have no inner frame, often have less detail, are more likely to have trouble with joint stability, that kind of thing. Basically, they're just bigger HGs, where MGs are more their own thing.

#12477 HellCat

HellCat

Opinionated idiot

• Citizen
  • 28546 posts

Posted 24 February 2019 - 07:02 AM

So the second Zeromaru manual confirms at least the concept of Ayame using an F91 previously is canon. Even says near exact "Maybe if everyone wishes hard enough, someday she'll tell that story herself."

Bandai know they bet on the cat girl when they should have bet on the ninja.

#12478 HomelessOne

HomelessOne

Veda Terminal

• Citizen
  • 4708 posts

Posted 24 February 2019 - 10:04 PM

#12479 HellCat

HellCat

Opinionated idiot

• Citizen
  • 28546 posts

Posted 27 February 2019 - 05:09 AM

Uni tutors got me into the habit of using car body paint for colours standard brands of spray paint don't cover. Been trying for a while now to find a match for the green Zakus and Zaku proxies use and tested it on the Leo.

Think it's a good match but sadly Halfords paint reacts poorly with enamel primer. The first coat always congeals, meaning I have to sand it down and start over. This is the third coat which reveals the other problem. If you're conservative with it it results in a patchy, powdery finish that is satin in some parts. Apply it a little more heavily and you end up with a too thick glossy finish, even if you aren't drowning the pieces.

Gonna have to try some other techniques to remove that sheen.
e6NfPPF.jpg

#12480 Demovere Xeno

Demovere Xeno

• Citizen
  • 3737 posts

Posted 27 February 2019 - 11:35 PM

SDCS Silhouette Booster

I'm a bit annoyed by this add-on. Yes, it has parts to convert an RX-78-2 into a GM... but that means in order to make a GM you'll need to buy this, the RX-78-2, and the CS Frame. :wtf Even then you'll have leftover Gundam parts and you'll have to paint most of the GM's upper torso parts to make it color-accurate. :doh

Also, have you guys seen this upcoming line from Bandai called 30 Minutes Missions? Generic non-Gundam-franchise mech designs that are designed to be wholly modular. They're even releasing the initial kits in different colors for out-of-the-box customization. The sales blurbs mention them being 1/144 too, so it would be even cooler if they're compatible with HG Gundam parts. :)

Edited by Demovere Xeno, 27 February 2019 - 11:40 PM.

Reply to this topic

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Gundam, Anime, Gunpla

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users