Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (26 May 2019 - 07:12 PM)

Pleasant news.

@  Nevermore : (26 May 2019 - 04:06 PM)

Also, the rising stars are the Greens, especially in Germany.

@  Nevermore : (26 May 2019 - 04:06 PM)

Also, a surprising number of voters showed up to the polls, all across the EU. Which is a good sign.

@  Nevermore : (26 May 2019 - 04:05 PM)

Soooo. Another election day is over. Less stressful than the last one, at least.

@  Nevermore : (25 May 2019 - 05:09 PM)

Oooookay, Babylon Berlin. That's gotta be Plot Convenient News Urgent Edition or something.

@  wonko the sane? : (25 May 2019 - 12:03 PM)

I had no idea the beeb was renting out the dr.who writting staff to hollywood.

@  TM2-Megatron : (25 May 2019 - 11:50 AM)

A poodle, some clouds, and a giant drop of water

@  TheMightyMol... : (25 May 2019 - 05:53 AM)

Was that the one where he fights gamma mutant poodles?

@  unluckiness : (25 May 2019 - 03:14 AM)

The CG in that movie was fantastic. Shame Donkey and Fiona were written out of the movie though.

@  TM2-Megatron : (25 May 2019 - 01:20 AM)

Don't worry, though. Ang Lee's Hulk has made it, so if physical media goes this year we can all die happy

@  TM2-Megatron : (25 May 2019 - 01:12 AM)

It's not on 4K yet. Sure would be nice, though

@  Pennpenn : (25 May 2019 - 12:56 AM)

Probably, when I remember to.

@  Telly : (24 May 2019 - 11:11 PM)

you should buy it on bluray or 4k

@  Pennpenn : (24 May 2019 - 09:56 PM)

It's still not up on netflix. Bah!

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (24 May 2019 - 03:26 PM)

We named the dog "Indiana".

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (24 May 2019 - 03:25 PM)

Happy 30 years to Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade!

@  TheMightyMol... : (24 May 2019 - 01:35 PM)

Truly they are the compleat package.

@  PlutoniumBoss : (24 May 2019 - 01:24 PM)

Made from the metallized ashes of their previous enemies.

@  MEDdMI : (24 May 2019 - 07:40 AM)

They fight you with sparkles.

@  TheMightyMol... : (24 May 2019 - 03:40 AM)

Phyrexians are the bishie-est.

@  unluckiness : (24 May 2019 - 12:29 AM)

That's why they always wear long sleeved shirts and long pants

@  fourteenwings : (23 May 2019 - 11:36 PM)

Everybody knows the most bishie thing about any bishie is his exposed sinew.

@  MEDdMI : (23 May 2019 - 10:04 PM)

*looks up the humanoid slivers* ...really? People were calling those bishies?

@  TheMightyMol... : (23 May 2019 - 12:45 PM)

Have they made a sliver planeswalker yet?

@  RichardT1977 : (23 May 2019 - 10:29 AM)

"DECOMPOSE!"

@  Paladin : (23 May 2019 - 06:29 AM)

will they next evolve into Inhumanoids?

@  Ashley : (23 May 2019 - 02:42 AM)

the original slivers were spikey monsters. then the evolved into humanoids. now they're back to spikey bug monsters.

@  MEDdMI : (22 May 2019 - 10:42 PM)

Wait. Slivers were bishies???

@  unluckiness : (22 May 2019 - 10:40 PM)

They haven't necessarily looped yet. It's possible they're stuck in "yaoi anatomy"

@  Ashley : (22 May 2019 - 10:35 PM)

I think Slivers in MTG have crossed the bishonen line and looped back around to monstrous

@  wonko the sane? : (22 May 2019 - 09:48 PM)

Maxi, provigo, loblaws.

@  RichardT1977 : (22 May 2019 - 09:42 PM)

Which store brand is it?

@  wonko the sane? : (22 May 2019 - 05:52 PM)

I need to buy more "no name" foods. This pizza is freaking awesome.

@  Bass X0 : (20 May 2019 - 11:16 AM)

SEND THE BOOKS!!

@  Cybersnark : (20 May 2019 - 08:52 AM)

So, now that Game of Thrones is over, when can we get back to The Dragon Prince?

@  unluckiness : (20 May 2019 - 12:19 AM)

Like, half of them nowadays are montages of tweet screencaps from the writer's inbox

@  unluckiness : (20 May 2019 - 12:18 AM)

lol you expected integrity from internet news

@  fourteenwings : (19 May 2019 - 11:33 PM)

I'm mostly confused how news sites went from "Analysing all the amazingness of Game of Thrones" to "Fans sure don't like this season!", like... way to prioritize clicks over a solid editorial opinion

@  fourteenwings : (19 May 2019 - 11:30 PM)

[and there's a recurring setting of a "derelict industrial site"] is this like the Toei Quarry?

@  MEDdMI : (19 May 2019 - 11:17 PM)

@Foffy and then that giant lasagna just tipped over and killed everyone, to be later known as the infamous Bad Monday event.

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (19 May 2019 - 10:59 PM)

Ahahaha!!! Go read the reactions for yourself. To say anything more here risks spoiling the finale for subscribing Allsparkers, the quality of this season notwithstanding.

@  Foffy : (19 May 2019 - 10:59 PM)

pretty wild how heathcliff was in the game of thrones finale, i was not expecting that crossover

@  TM2-Megatron : (19 May 2019 - 10:48 PM)

were they still super pissed?

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (19 May 2019 - 10:48 PM)

Well, as someone who is not into Game of Thrones, it sure was entertaining to open up social media this evening to unexpectedly see headlines about fan reactions to the finale. Lmao.

@  Nevermore : (19 May 2019 - 06:12 PM)

But it's also a SUPER-well known location in my region, so these extensive exterior shots without any post production alterations completely ruin the illusion for me.

@  Nevermore : (19 May 2019 - 06:11 PM)

I mean, I get why they did it: It's an existing location that fits the purpose, it's open for the public, and they had to shoot some scenes in my home state anyway to due a subsidizing deal.

@  Nevermore : (19 May 2019 - 06:09 PM)

Needless to say, it's not in Berlin, and even what's seen onscreen is waaaaay too modern for something that's supposed to exist in 1929 (even moreso as a derelict site in 1929). The structures seen haven't even been built until the 1960s!

@  Nevermore : (19 May 2019 - 06:07 PM)

I'm currently in the process of watching season 2 of Babylon Berlin, and there's a recurring setting of a "derelict industrial site" or whatever it's supposed to be on the show, and I easily recognize it as a place only a few minutes from where I live (it's actually a former ironworks site that's been turned into a public park).

@  Xellos : (19 May 2019 - 05:52 PM)

Ever since I went to Japan last year, I have friend who dread watching anime with me due to that...

@  Xellos : (19 May 2019 - 05:51 PM)

Not hugely, but I am the type to notice places once I have been there and say "Hey, I've been there!"

Photo
- - - - -

Gundam Discussion: The Wings of A Boy Who Killed Adolescence

Gundam Anime Gunpla

12545 replies to this topic

#12461 HellCat

HellCat

Opinionated idiot

• Citizen
  • 28228 posts

Posted 11 February 2019 - 09:05 AM

E0KbnIB.jpg

#12462 Maruten

Maruten
  • Staff
  • 6843 posts
  • Faction::Autobot

Posted 11 February 2019 - 09:31 PM

No, it isn't. Let's stay on topic here and keep Brexit talk to P&R, and being a [bleep] to nowhere. 

WsuGTl1.jpg

#12463 HellCat

HellCat

Opinionated idiot

• Citizen
  • 28228 posts

Posted 12 February 2019 - 04:56 AM

It's a surprisingly big stack. Been busy so haven't had time to work on it, which I should probably do before thinking of picking anything else up.

Thinking I might just straight build most of them which would give me some space and then go back to paint them when I have time later.

#12464 Copper Bezel

Copper Bezel

Accessorized.

• Administrator
  • 49136 posts
  • Faction::Equestrian

Posted 12 February 2019 - 05:45 AM

This is probably why I don't Gundam: looking at that stack, the ones jumping out at me are the lady with the round shields on her shoulders, and that gray Guntank looking guy that looks more like an Armored Core. X]
Shouldn't gravity be doing something?

Of course there's a figure of Rodimus as some kind of animal girl. Why would I be surprised by this?

#12465 chiasaur11

chiasaur11
  • Citizen
  • 3042 posts

Posted 13 February 2019 - 03:40 AM

This is probably why I don't Gundam: looking at that stack, the ones jumping out at me are the lady with the round shields on her shoulders, and that gray Guntank looking guy that looks more like an Armored Core. X]

It looks like a Guntank for the very logical reason that it is a Guntank.

As much as I appreciate the usual parade of GMs and monoeyes, I'd like more designs like it and the Origins Mobile Worker. You know, more of a grounded, clunky look than the humanoid proportions of even the first Zakus.

#12466 HomelessOne

HomelessOne

Veda Terminal

• Citizen
  • 4676 posts
  • Faction::Decepticon

Posted 13 February 2019 - 12:04 PM

Not exactly what you're looking for, but you may want to give VOTOMS a look. The Armored Troopers have a generally humanoid appearance, but they're much clunkier in action and far more disposable than Mobile Suits. Chirico goes through a good dozen or so machines over the course of just the original anime, and really only gets a "custom" in the final act.

Meanwhile, P-Bandai is going into AoZ overdrive for some reason:

https://www.gundamki...9a-g-parts.html

https://www.gundamki...g-parts_12.html

https://www.gundamki...-hazel-and.html

https://www.gundamki...custom-and.html

https://www.gundamki...undam-tr-6.html

https://www.gundamki...-rahs-full.html

"The most courageous act is still to think for yourself. Aloud." ~Coco Chanel

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." ~Dr. Seuss

#12467 chiasaur11

chiasaur11
  • Citizen
  • 3042 posts

Posted 13 February 2019 - 07:47 PM

Not exactly what you're looking for, but you may want to give VOTOMS a look. The Armored Troopers have a generally humanoid appearance, but they're much clunkier in action and far more disposable than Mobile Suits. Chirico goes through a good dozen or so machines over the course of just the original anime, and really only gets a "custom" in the final act.

Meanwhile, P-Bandai is going into AoZ overdrive for some reason:

https://www.gundamki...9a-g-parts.html

https://www.gundamki...g-parts_12.html

https://www.gundamki...-hazel-and.html

https://www.gundamki...custom-and.html

https://www.gundamki...undam-tr-6.html

https://www.gundamki...-rahs-full.html

I know about VOTOMs, but I was thinking more for kits than for shows. 

Scopedogs are basically humanoid anyway. They're cool, but they don't move things that far away from the standard Gundam variations, not to the degree of a lot of the more oddball Turn A designs, even.

#12468 HomelessOne

HomelessOne

Veda Terminal

• Citizen
  • 4676 posts

Posted 14 February 2019 - 12:24 PM

https://www.gundamki...lex-ver-20.html

https://www.gundamki...-announced.html

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." ~Dr. Seuss

#12469 Maruten

Maruten
  • Staff
  • 6843 posts

Posted 15 February 2019 - 01:14 AM

I have been trying to figure out if there's a technique for panel lining that I'm competent and coordinated enough to... not make a huge ugly hugging mess with. I thought I was witnessing actual witchcraft when I saw a video of a dude using Tamiya Panel Line Accent, but no - that shit is real?! I'm incredibly happy with the little testing I've done so far. It does take a fair bit of cleanup, but the absolute magic of the paint travelling through the panel lines like it's bloody alive is just genuinely amazing.

Am I looking at a 100% chance that it will eat right through my plastic? :)

WsuGTl1.jpg

#12470 Steevy Maximus

Steevy Maximus

Snarky Siegie

• Citizen
  • 4430 posts
  • Faction::Unicron's Spawn

Posted 15 February 2019 - 10:47 PM

Tamashii Nations is at Toy Fair, and they got a couple of new reveals!

The 3rd wave of Gundam Universe was shown, featuring the Strike Gundam, Sandrock (ANOTHER Wing entry!) and the Ez8 from 08th MS Team.

#12471 Demovere Xeno

Demovere Xeno

Pinky to pinky~

• Citizen
  • 3688 posts

Posted 16 February 2019 - 12:00 AM

They sure are going all-in on Gundam Universe, huh? Three revealed waves right out of the gate.

#12472 Steevy Maximus

Steevy Maximus

Snarky Siegie

• Citizen
  • 4430 posts
  • Faction::Unicron's Spawn

Posted 19 February 2019 - 01:30 PM

They sure are going all-in on Gundam Universe, huh? Three revealed waves right out of the gate.

I still get the feeling that this is part of a bigger play to establish a stronger presence for Gundam in the west.  The kits do...okay here, but that really isn't something many collectors gravitate to.  Not to mention that the kit selection is varied and maybe doesn't play to the series that average Western fans may prefer.

Again, the first 3 waves are VERY western centric in character selection, which supports my supposition.  Heck, we're due for a new dub for SEED, which supports the release of the Strike in wave 3 since it should be hitting about the time the series starts to air on Toonami.

Also, here's a look at a mock up of the packaging from Gundam Planet, who attended Toy Fair:

https://scontent-dfw...99e&oe=5CE9DE94

#12473 Demovere Xeno

Demovere Xeno

Pinky to pinky~

• Citizen
  • 3688 posts

Posted 19 February 2019 - 11:57 PM

I still get the feeling that this is part of a bigger play to establish a stronger presence for Gundam in the west.  The kits do...okay here, but that really isn't something many collectors gravitate to.  Not to mention that the kit selection is varied and maybe doesn't play to the series that average Western fans may prefer.

Again, the first 3 waves are VERY western centric in character selection, which supports my supposition.  Heck, we're due for a new dub for SEED, which supports the release of the Strike in wave 3 since it should be hitting about the time the series starts to air on Toonami.

Also, here's a look at a mock up of the packaging from Gundam Planet, who attended Toy Fair:

The package design is definitely very 'collector's 6-inch' in looks and shape. I do wonder how they'll fit some of the larger backpacks though, like the Aile Striker Pack.

#12474 Daith

Daith

My Nyah brings all the girls to the yard

• Supporter
  • 8932 posts
  • Faction::Maximal

Posted 20 February 2019 - 02:08 AM

Watched NT tonight with my brother. Not bad, Kinda felt much more digestible than most of the UC I've seen despite being later in the timeline.

One question though.

Spoiler

#12475 Demovere Xeno

Demovere Xeno

Pinky to pinky~

• Citizen
  • 3688 posts

Posted 21 February 2019 - 06:01 AM

The package design is definitely very 'collector's 6-inch' in looks and shape. I do wonder how they'll fit some of the larger backpacks though, like the Aile Striker Pack.

The renewed attempt to appeal to the western audience may as well be official given this article. They name-drop MSiA, specifically citing being able to just pull them out of the box and start playing with them, and there's a big emphasis on the Universe figures being durable and 'stress-free'.

The RX-78-2 and Unicorn both look like they come with a decent number of accessories - on par with your typical Marvel Legends figure. They didn't have a good shot of the Wing's inner tray when they took it out in the video, though.

#12476 HellCat

HellCat

Opinionated idiot

• Citizen
  • 28228 posts

Posted 22 February 2019 - 02:27 AM

Built HGAC Leo. Did the Divers version last year but haven't painted it yet.

It's interesting we're getting all these grunt suits with customisation in mind. Seems to have started with the surprise success of the Grimoire. Bandai wanted it to be the High Mock but fans never took to that. Since then we've had a bunch of HG grunts as custom fodder.

#12477 Cybersnark

Cybersnark

Sorry I'm late. Had to get my powersuit.

• Citizen
  • 11081 posts
  • Faction::Equestrian

Posted 22 February 2019 - 11:20 AM

Grunt suits have always had the more interesting designs, IMHO. They don't all have to look "iconic."

Plus (for those who care about in-universe canon) it's easier to imagine someone souping up a surplus mass-production machine versus being able to tinker with a one-of-a-kind prototype in their garage.

#12478 HomelessOne

HomelessOne

Veda Terminal

• Citizen
  • 4676 posts

Posted 22 February 2019 - 12:32 PM

RE/100 Zaku II Kai

RE/100 Vigna Ghina II

RG Crossbone X-1 details

lol

#12479 Autobot Bubbs

Autobot Bubbs

Professional procrastinator

• Citizen
  • 5381 posts

Posted 23 February 2019 - 09:23 PM

Aren't the reborn 100's not QUITE as good as master grades?

spoilers are a stabbing weight upon my soul.... crushing it into a dark existential nothingness

#12480 chiasaur11

chiasaur11
  • Citizen
  • 3042 posts

Posted 24 February 2019 - 06:26 AM

Aren't the reborn 100's not QUITE as good as master grades?

Not really.

There's a pretty notable gap. Reborns have no inner frame, often have less detail, are more likely to have trouble with joint stability, that kind of thing. Basically, they're just bigger HGs, where MGs are more their own thing.

Reply to this topic

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Gundam, Anime, Gunpla

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users