Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  Nevermore : (15 December 2019 - 04:05 PM)

The music, if you'd even call it that, adds to the creepy atmosphere. Apparently it was recorded using sounds created in a real nuclear power plant of the same type as Chernobyl.

@  Nevermore : (15 December 2019 - 04:04 PM)

In case you haven't seen it yet, I highly recommend the HBO mini-series "Chernobyl", which is about, well, you know. It's very intense and not for the faint-heartet. I'd say it's more scary than any horror flick, because (despite some artistic liberties taken with the behavior of some of the characters, and the timeline for some events), it's eerily real.

@  Sabrblade : (15 December 2019 - 10:51 AM)

Hey, at least you baked a cake in the bathroom. Not many can attest to that. :p

@  wonko the sane? : (14 December 2019 - 05:51 PM)

Nope. Forgot entirely, had to make another trip.

@  TheMightyMol... : (14 December 2019 - 04:04 PM)

Well, did you get water?

@  wonko the sane? : (14 December 2019 - 01:56 PM)

Went to the bathroom, shaved, baked a cake... wait, I only got up to get some water...

@  unluckiness : (14 December 2019 - 09:01 AM)

That's a common misconception. You see compared to the first run, it's a new mold.

@  PlutoniumBoss : (14 December 2019 - 03:27 AM)

Wouldn't that just add packaging authenticity? :D

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (14 December 2019 - 01:44 AM)

I read a anecdote of someone recently receiving a Glacialord with mold because apparently online stores' warehouses have been sitting on Fansproject products like that for years.

@  Rycochet : (13 December 2019 - 11:56 AM)

Unlike many of his peers, Morton diesn't seem to have gone out of his way to try and take every drug going so he's aged remarkably well.

@  Donocropolis : (13 December 2019 - 11:39 AM)

Doesn't seem to have been a market for it, which is too bad, because it perfectly does what it sets out to do.

@  Donocropolis : (13 December 2019 - 11:38 AM)

Just opened it and suddenly I'm 9 years old again.

@  Donocropolis : (13 December 2019 - 11:38 AM)

Bought myself Fansproject Glacialord for my birthday during their Black Friday sale.

@  Nevermore : (12 December 2019 - 07:45 PM)

Morten Harket of A-ha might have aged 35 years on the outside, but his voice is still pretty much the same as it was in 1984. That's some great training and exercise for you.

@  wonko the sane? : (12 December 2019 - 06:59 PM)

Depends entirely on how badly you cooked them. What?

@  TheMightyMol... : (12 December 2019 - 05:33 PM)

Can it raise the dead?

@  RichardT1977 : (12 December 2019 - 05:33 PM)

Cheddar can do just about anything.

@  RichardT1977 : (12 December 2019 - 05:32 PM)

Cream cheese has to be on a bagel or crackers.

@  RichardT1977 : (12 December 2019 - 05:31 PM)

(for example: I like Swiss cheese on sandwiches, but find it merely tolerable by itself)

@  RichardT1977 : (12 December 2019 - 05:30 PM)

I mean are you eating it by itself? With crackers? On a sandwich?

@  TheMightyMol... : (12 December 2019 - 04:48 PM)

I would ask, but I'd rather not know.

@  PlutoniumBoss : (12 December 2019 - 03:38 PM)

With my mouth, usually.

@  RichardT1977 : (12 December 2019 - 08:48 AM)

Depends on how you're eating it.

@  PlutoniumBoss : (12 December 2019 - 01:40 AM)

Havarti, without a doubt.

@  Greebtron : (12 December 2019 - 01:28 AM)

Not Don, thanks. I'd like a writer who actually cares enough to do the job properly

@  Benbot : (11 December 2019 - 09:34 PM)

What's your favorite cheese? I'm not sure, but it's hard to beat muenster.

@  Maximus Ambus : (11 December 2019 - 05:10 PM)

Man I wish IDW could do a season 2.5 with a few writers like Michael Charles Hill or Donald F Glut or Paul Davids involved.

@  TheMightyMol... : (11 December 2019 - 04:33 PM)

They were looking for Skids, but the animators forgot he existed again.

@  Maximus Ambus : (11 December 2019 - 02:58 PM)

He regrouped with Omega Supreme, the Dinobots, Skyfire and the Protectobots.

@  Benbot : (11 December 2019 - 08:20 AM)

Did he get infected with the rest of the Autobots or did he smartly remain off-planet?

@  TheMightyMol... : (11 December 2019 - 05:38 AM)

He really just went to the beach for a couple of days, then called it in. Who's gonna follow up on it?

@  Maximus Ambus : (11 December 2019 - 05:05 AM)

Anyone really believe Cosmos searched far enough for more ingredient for Corrostop?

@  Nevermore : (11 December 2019 - 03:48 AM)

Oh, we are pretty good at "forgetting" about that. Insisting on sending people home on their overtime, THEN suddenly rushing to do the "backlog" stuff when it's really overdue.

@  wonko the sane? : (10 December 2019 - 05:43 PM)

I've yet to find an organization which didn't have a backlog of "stuff" that needs to be done, but isn't important enough to put on the schedule proper.

@  TM2-Megatron : (10 December 2019 - 05:01 PM)

I'm sure most good/bad (depending on your POV) bosses would be able to find something for the worker to do, in most cases, even if it's spending 8 hours pretending to push a broom around

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (10 December 2019 - 04:39 PM)

Still better than American jobs. x.x;

@  NotVeryKnightly : (10 December 2019 - 11:10 AM)

I'm pretty sure you've already mentioned this before. Especially that last one.

@  Nevermore : (10 December 2019 - 11:05 AM)

That can be fun if you're strong-willed enough. "Hey, you want to go home? Overtime reduction, there's nothing to do..." - "Nah, not today. I want to work."

@  Nevermore : (10 December 2019 - 11:04 AM)

This applies to the field of work as well. Meaning, your boss orders you to show up for a full shift, you show up on time and are absolutely willing to work, and then your boss realizes he has no work for you, your boss has to pay you for a full shift even if you don't work at all.

@  Nevermore : (10 December 2019 - 11:03 AM)

Fun fact: German law has a concept named "default in acceptance", which postulates that if there is a "service for payment" contract, the party that should provide the service correctly offers their due service, and the party that should pay fails to accept the service within due time, the second party still has to pay the first party even if there was no service delivered.

@  wonko the sane? : (08 December 2019 - 10:54 PM)

If it's seasonal affective disorder, check with your doc about vitamin D supplements.

@  Maximus Ambus : (08 December 2019 - 12:46 PM)

That's what I was thinking too, It's the christmas rush and if that's not stressful enough the cold weather can also impact mental health.

@  wonko the sane? : (08 December 2019 - 12:41 PM)

Might be a stupid question given the comment, BUT: have you done anything outside the ordinary lately? Might just be a stress reaction.

@  Maximus Ambus : (08 December 2019 - 12:29 PM)

I've experienced sleep paralysis with ghostly images and similar things in the past and can snap out of it through moving my fingers. I've definitely hallucinated before and members of both sides of the family have had similar experience, some suffered forms of mental instability in two cases schizophrenia.

@  wonko the sane? : (08 December 2019 - 10:47 AM)

So... either a hallucination or night terrors. Are you prone to this kind of thing?

@  Maximus Ambus : (07 December 2019 - 11:55 PM)

It kept repeating until I sat up.

@  Maximus Ambus : (07 December 2019 - 11:54 PM)

I've been up since three and when sheepish I was hallucinating something knocking twice against my bedroom door.

@  TheMightyMol... : (07 December 2019 - 06:58 PM)

Then repaint Apeface and Snapdragon as Transmetal Optimus Primal and Megatron. It's crazy enough to work.

@  PlutoniumBoss : (07 December 2019 - 05:32 PM)

Moral imperative.

@  Nevermore : (07 December 2019 - 05:13 PM)

Wishful thinking, rumor or leak?

Photo
- - - - -

Gundam Discussion: The Wings of A Boy Who Killed Adolescence

Gundam Anime Gunpla

12688 replies to this topic

#21 Weremole

Weremole

Ah, what the heck. What is in a name?

• Citizen
  • 5852 posts
  • Faction::Autobot

Posted 06 November 2011 - 08:39 AM

QUOTE(HellCat @ Nov 5 2011, 04:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
If they know it all, what's the point of hiring creative teams to make the shows? Some ideas only develop once the episode is in the can. I highly doubt every single idea for AGE is set in stone right now.

The show was first planned as a video game but Bandai/Sunrise liked it so much that they did it as a proper show. The whole AGE Systems very existence is so Level 5 wouldn't have to add more than one Gundam to the show.

Since Bandai, much like Hasbro would want to have lead time with producing toys to match the airing of the show they would want to have an idea what to expect. Bandai is also evil. They can very well get people to buy variations on the same design with newer features and accessories.

So in the end they probably win anyway.

Buy yeah. I could imagine waiting a few months until the power and speed variation limbs appeared and made a variable MG. Buying the same expensive items with new limbs feels a bit...

#22 DeadPigmon

DeadPigmon
  • Supporter
  • 12338 posts

Posted 06 November 2011 - 09:06 AM

Really like Desil.
Emily annoys the hell out of me.

#23 Eva Sigma

Eva Sigma

Back to my old demonic ways

• Citizen
  • 29961 posts
  • Faction::Lesbian Ninja

Posted 06 November 2011 - 06:18 PM

Well now, I think this is the first Gundam series where instead of jacking his Gundam from someone else, the hero's Gundam gets jacked instead. icon-waspy.gif
QUOTE(Contrary Mary @ Jul 10 2010, 09:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
boobs count as accessories.

QUOTE(Dvandom @ Oct 26 2010, 05:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Unless you are kaiju-sized, a shinkansen is not a sex toy.

---Dave
3DS Friend Code: 4613 9837 2957 (It's new! Re-add me! Give me your Friend Codes!)

#24 mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon

Hello, world

• Supporter
  • 19338 posts

Posted 06 November 2011 - 06:28 PM

Well, there was that punk kid who tried to jack the Shining Gundam from Domon. Ended badly for him, though.

#25 Eva Sigma

Eva Sigma

• Citizen
  • 29961 posts

Posted 06 November 2011 - 06:52 PM

QUOTE(mx-01 archon @ Nov 6 2011, 06:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well, there was that punk kid who tried to jack the Shining Gundam from Domon. Ended badly for him, though.

Well yeah.

Decil is a fun character so far, and I'm looking forward to the next episode.

---Dave
3DS Friend Code: 4613 9837 2957 (It's new! Re-add me! Give me your Friend Codes!)

#26 Mugen no Ken

Mugen no Ken

ROCKET DRILL SPACE KIIIIIIICK!

• Citizen
  • 1477 posts
  • Faction::Cannonball's Pirate Crew

Posted 07 November 2011 - 01:16 AM

So I'm pretty much guessing at this point that HIGHLIGHT to view:
Yurin, Decil, and Flit himself are all tied to the UE. In fact, much like the Innovators, they all have ... VERY brightly colored hair, don't they? Each one kind of sticks out like a sore thumb amongst the rest of the cast.

Decil's interesting, more interesting than I expected for a character his age. Given just HOW young he is, though, I kind of wonder if that isn't setting him up to be even more significant in the second act or so of the show.

I am loving Grodek, just all around. This has all gotta come back and bite him in the butt at some point, but for now he's really impressing me.

I think Emily's reactions are entirely understandable, given she's a young girl herself and merely concerned with Flit not dying a horrible, burning death. Especially given that he's sort of been just scraping by so far, up to the point he even got HIGHLIGHT to view:
Gundamjacked this week.
*Twitter
*City of Heroes Global Name: @MugenNoKen
*AIM Username: Infinity Greymon
*Xbox Live Gamertag: kenkabanchou

#27 mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon

Hello, world

• Supporter
  • 19338 posts

Posted 07 November 2011 - 02:18 AM

Should we maybe have a separate thread for AGE discussion, like we had going for 00?

Eventually, somebody's going to slip up and post something that nobody wanted to see. I'm doing my best to skim past AGE discussion myself, but I'm a fast reader...

#28 2019

Merciless.

• Citizen
  • 42884 posts

Posted 07 November 2011 - 02:26 AM

It's spoiler-tagged though.

PM me if you're bored!

#29 1stStageMidboss

1stStageMidboss
  • Citizen
  • 3276 posts

Posted 07 November 2011 - 05:08 AM

I'm sure we'll be fine with spoiler-tagging discussion of the latest AGE episode; the toku thread does this with several shows and doesn't end up accidentally spoiling things.
Twitter       Tumblr
Steam: Midboss
PSN: AWindfall

#30 Pennpenn

Pennpenn
  • Citizen
  • 12182 posts

Posted 07 November 2011 - 05:22 AM

I was under the impression that Gundams tended to get stolen by other members of the crew at least once in any given series. It pretty much always ends badly- presuming they can get it out of the door it ends up getting trashed by Enemy of the Week.

#31 HellCat

HellCat

Opinionated idiot

• Citizen
  • 28753 posts

Posted 07 November 2011 - 09:18 AM

QUOTE(Weremole @ Nov 6 2011, 08:39 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE(HellCat @ Nov 5 2011, 04:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
If they know it all, what's the point of hiring creative teams to make the shows? Some ideas only develop once the episode is in the can. I highly doubt every single idea for AGE is set in stone right now.

The show was first planned as a video game but Bandai/Sunrise liked it so much that they did it as a proper show. The whole AGE Systems very existence is so Level 5 wouldn't have to add more than one Gundam to the show.

Since Bandai, much like Hasbro would want to have lead time with producing toys to match the airing of the show they would want to have an idea what to expect. Bandai is also evil. They can very well get people to buy variations on the same design with newer features and accessories.

So in the end they probably win anyway.

Buy yeah. I could imagine waiting a few months until the power and speed variation limbs appeared and made a variable MG. Buying the same expensive items with new limbs feels a bit...

I'm aware of all that. However, we know fully well that things can change between even initial announcements mid-run. Perfect example- Anew in 00 was announced with character art which made her look shifty, since she was going to openly be a spy competing with Lyle. Then the sponsors insisted on a doomed romance plot, so this got shifted into her being an unwitting pawn for Ribbons. Even more importantly for mecha, things can change based on viewer response. Buster ain't selling? Let's stick Dearka on Archangel.

Whilst a vast majority of AGE concept is likely already pencilled in, there are always things that will change and new fun ideas that will only be hit upon whilst getting close to that episode. To give a direct example- which would you rather have? The clunky 1994 Master Gundam with barely any articulation or gimmicks or the 2011 HG with the cloak, Foonie and even a cloth wielding Master Asia? That's the kind of iconic nature I'd expect to see. Sometimes you need some breathing room to truley grasp what are the strengths of something.

#32 Weremole

Weremole

Ah, what the heck. What is in a name?

• Citizen
  • 5852 posts

Posted 07 November 2011 - 10:42 AM

To all honesty the closest I have ever been to a Gundam toy has been holding a standard Seed kit packaging a few years ago at a fair.

But I completely understand what you are talking about. Even I think its weird to pump out high priced collectors goods when the show is barely five episodes out the gate and the two upgrade variants hasn't even been featured beyond the toyline.

Even on a corporate trixter level that is a bit unsure since it will more than not seem like bulljive in hindsight. The "revive of original" or whatever that silly tagline was just reeks of it. Trying to sell your premium brand item based on your new IP with how close it is to the original just seems silly to me. It's not like hobby shelves will be out of original series Gundams any time soon.

Edited by Weremole, 07 November 2011 - 10:46 AM.

#33 Cat

Cat
  • Retired Staff
  • 11612 posts

Posted 07 November 2011 - 10:59 AM

I still don't feel I have enough MG's from 00.

I really think they should still be doing at least one or two new MG's from 00, and that they were a bit quick to basically abandon it completely (for now).

#34 HellCat

HellCat

Opinionated idiot

• Citizen
  • 28753 posts

Posted 07 November 2011 - 11:07 AM

There have been some indications we might someday see a Reborns MG. However, the big issue now is that MGs just aren't profitable for a range of reasons and this is why they hit upon RGs. It's more economic for Bandai to make an involved 1/144 then an involved 1/100. It may also be part of the reason we're starting to see nostalgia products aimed at the 90s and 2000s fans.

#35 Eva Sigma

Eva Sigma

• Citizen
  • 29961 posts

Posted 07 November 2011 - 11:30 AM

It would have been nice if Bandai hadn't just completely canceled the MG GN-XIV without telling anyone.

---Dave

#36 HellCat

HellCat

Opinionated idiot

• Citizen
  • 28753 posts

Posted 07 November 2011 - 01:45 PM

Something of a scoop, HLJ have put up some AG kits for Jan 2012. These include Gundam AGE-2 Normal and Genoace II.

#37 Eva Sigma

Eva Sigma

• Citizen
  • 29961 posts

Posted 07 November 2011 - 01:46 PM

QUOTE(HellCat @ Nov 7 2011, 01:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Something of a scoop, HLJ have put up some AG kits for Jan 2012. These include Gundam AGE-2 Normal and Genoace II.

Bandai is trying way too hard to make good on their goal of out-plamoing their 00 line...

We're going to get tons of kits of variants and recolors and stuff, even more than 00 had.

---Dave

#38 mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon

Hello, world

• Supporter
  • 19338 posts

Posted 07 November 2011 - 01:56 PM

As far as I'm concerned, we don't have enough 00 variants.

We're still missing Marute-mode Harute and Full Armor Zabanya, a transformable Seravee II, Dynames Repair, the GNX-IVs, and heck, it'd even be nice to get the Hellions. I'm less excited for the Gagas, but for completion's sake...

We also haven't gotten a Trans-Am Qan[T] yet, which is kind of a hole in my collection...

Edited by mx-01 archon, 07 November 2011 - 01:57 PM.

#39 Eva Sigma

Eva Sigma

• Citizen
  • 29961 posts

Posted 07 November 2011 - 02:16 PM

QUOTE(mx-01 archon @ Nov 7 2011, 01:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
As far as I'm concerned, we don't have enough 00 variants.

We're still missing Marute-mode Harute and Full Armor Zabanya, a transformable Seravee II, Dynames Repair, the GNX-IVs, and heck, it'd even be nice to get the Hellions. I'm less excited for the Gagas, but for completion's sake...

We also haven't gotten a Trans-Am Qan[T] yet, which is kind of a hole in my collection...

GN-XIV is inexcusable, Bandai should have given us more than a B-Club conversion kit and a Tamashii Web exclusive Robot Damashii.

---Dave

#40 mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon

Hello, world

• Supporter
  • 19338 posts

Posted 07 November 2011 - 02:17 PM

We're also missing Setsuna's Flag icon-fire.gif.

Reply to this topic

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Gundam, Anime, Gunpla

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users