Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  TheMightyMol... : (24 February 2020 - 07:34 PM)

A Titan would have more room for other toys to hang out, assuming one has the table space for it.

@  Darth Gonzo : (24 February 2020 - 03:32 PM)

Play wise which would be better a Commander Class Aircraft Carrier Mode Broadside or a Titan Class Aircraft Carrier Mode Broadside?

@  PlutoniumBoss : (24 February 2020 - 01:53 PM)

I'd be interested in a deluxe or voyager Fort Max in Armada flashback red-and-green.

@  TheMightyMol... : (24 February 2020 - 10:49 AM)

I'd honestly be more interested in Commander-class Scorponok and Fort Max. I don't have the space for Titans.

@  Maximus Ambus : (24 February 2020 - 10:44 AM)

Make Commander class city bots to annoy collectors too

@  TheMightyMol... : (24 February 2020 - 10:43 AM)

Make two Broadsides. One Voyager-sized that only turns into a jet, and one Titan-sized that only turns into an aircraft carrier. Piss off everyone on both sides of the scale.

@  Rodimus Supreme : (24 February 2020 - 10:41 AM)

Since they seem to also go by the oh-so holy cartoon scale thing, he'd probably be a Commander Class figure.

@  wonko the sane? : (24 February 2020 - 10:34 AM)

Broadside is an aircraft carrier. He should probably be metroplex sized.

@  Rodimus Supreme : (24 February 2020 - 10:21 AM)

Broadside's more of a Commander Class.

@  Darth Gonzo : (24 February 2020 - 04:47 AM)

I think Broadside should be the next Titan Class figure.

@  wonko the sane? : (23 February 2020 - 09:38 PM)

I tan nicely! But also have a family history of cancer... so... yeah, pasty for me it is.

@  Otaku : (23 February 2020 - 04:22 PM)

I really do begin to get sunburned after about 5 minutes of direct exposure, nowadays.  Side effect of already being pasty then going on a particular medication.  Yay?

@  TheMightyMol... : (23 February 2020 - 01:36 PM)

It makes me burn. Accursed daystar.

@  Maximus Ambus : (23 February 2020 - 01:33 PM)

Sunshine on my shoulders makes me happy....

@  Vexwing : (22 February 2020 - 03:26 AM)

I watched L.I.L.Y.Cat on there a while back, it was surprisingly good.

@  Steevy Maximus : (21 February 2020 - 08:47 PM)

@Dekafox, no DTP, but they DO have LILY Cat ;)

@  CORVUS : (21 February 2020 - 08:46 PM)

For me, it's "chocolate therapy".

@  wonko the sane? : (21 February 2020 - 08:32 PM)

Tonight dough owns my soul.

@  CORVUS : (21 February 2020 - 07:28 PM)

Stupid, delicious Ben & Jerry's.

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (21 February 2020 - 06:42 PM)

Ahh. I remember watching Bubblegum Crisis 2020 or whatever.

@  Dekafox : (21 February 2020 - 06:25 PM)

Next you'll say they have Dominion Tank Police and L.I.L.Y.Cat

@  NotVeryKnightly : (21 February 2020 - 06:06 PM)

Bubblegum Crisis, going by several shouts down.

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (21 February 2020 - 05:38 PM)

BGC?

@  Bass X0 : (21 February 2020 - 02:33 PM)

Enjoy the fudgy icing of this Hostess Cup Cake!

@  Telly : (21 February 2020 - 02:31 PM)

harlock is on tubi as well. not dubbed though :(

@  Rhinox42 : (21 February 2020 - 01:19 PM)

Blugh, the english dub of BGC is atrocious.

@  wonko the sane? : (21 February 2020 - 07:02 AM)

I might need to update my software, or they face regional limitations, cause I found no evidence of either.

@  Steevy Maximus : (20 February 2020 - 10:31 PM)

DUDE! Starcom and COPS are on Tubi too!

@  Steevy Maximus : (20 February 2020 - 09:29 PM)

Spiffy! The english dub of Bubblegum Crisis on Tubi. It's gotten so hard to find these oldies on modern streaming services.

@  Nevermore : (20 February 2020 - 08:44 PM)

And now I know and now I know and now I know that you can hear me, know that you can hear me, know that you can hear me.

@  Nevermore : (20 February 2020 - 08:31 PM)

Oh, oh, people can you hear me? People can you hear me? People can you hear me?

@  Echowarrior : (20 February 2020 - 06:39 PM)

Let me go-o-o-o!

@  Telly : (20 February 2020 - 05:41 PM)

Galileo Galileo!

@  PlutoniumBoss : (20 February 2020 - 05:36 PM)

Very very fright-ning me!

@  Sabrblade : (20 February 2020 - 04:02 PM)

*thunder and lightning*

@  ▲ndrusi : (20 February 2020 - 03:46 PM)

Ah, ah, ah!

@  PlutoniumBoss : (20 February 2020 - 03:33 PM)

Already did. It didn't take long.

@  Dekafox : (19 February 2020 - 06:14 PM)

Count Zero?

@  TheMightyMol... : (19 February 2020 - 03:53 PM)

Oh boy, here we go.

@  ▲ndrusi : (19 February 2020 - 02:34 PM)

Or do Japan's cultural values vary depending on exactly who you're trying to shut down?

@  ▲ndrusi : (19 February 2020 - 02:33 PM)

Could it be that, perhaps, these different cultural values might lead to a different approach seeming appropriate?

@  ▲ndrusi : (19 February 2020 - 02:32 PM)

Hm. Back when we were arguing about the Legends comic, I seem to recall being repeatedly told that Japan had different cultural values than the US (and therefore anyone who had a problem with anything at all was wrong to voice that opinion ever).

@  fourteenwings : (19 February 2020 - 07:23 AM)

Plus, as much as I hate to admit it, every single anime character is built to suit the audience's tastes so they buy more merch/do other things that allow $$$ to flow in the production committees direction, so the authenticity is certainly not for representation's sake.

@  fourteenwings : (19 February 2020 - 07:18 AM)

Both those anime air at midnight and are aimed at a very specific audience in a whole other media landscape. Major projects have press releases about almost everything, and there are groups just waiting to pat anybody on the back for doing what they want (GLAAD, HRC, etc)

@  B-Fox : (19 February 2020 - 03:16 AM)

It's funny that a friggin' anime about zombie idols and an anime about a school of anthropomorphic animals can have really positive trans characters WITHOUT a press release about their inclusion in the series prior to the episodes airing or having the creators announcing it on social media and patting themselves on the back for doing a thing.

@  TriBlurr : (18 February 2020 - 10:26 PM)

Vegan meat needs bacon

@  Paladin : (18 February 2020 - 08:43 PM)

vegan meat must taste delicious. they're grass-fed and regularly exercised....

@  wonko the sane? : (18 February 2020 - 06:57 PM)

Vegans are better than kids if you don't talk to them. They'll keep the lawn trimmed anyway.

@  TheMightyMol... : (18 February 2020 - 06:02 PM)

Do you want vegans? Because that's how you get vegans.

@  CORVUS : (18 February 2020 - 04:33 PM)

Hook up your sprinkler system to a canister of healthy organic carrot-juice. The kids won't be able to get off your lawn fast enough.

Photo
- - - - -

Season 2 Episode 4 "Lunar Eclipsed" Discussion

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
247 replies to this topic

#221 Masked Toaster

Masked Toaster

maker of toast both brown and crisp

• Citizen
  • 1270 posts

Posted 02 November 2011 - 08:49 AM

QUOTE(Nayuki @ Nov 2 2011, 04:01 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Would you look at that.... It's the pretty pink Luna makeover design that never made it into the show. Enjoy.

http://www.equestria...le-creator.html

http://3.bp.blogspot...600/Capture.PNG
The pretty pink phantomous party pony pinafore?

Hmm... it's missing something... A-HA! That purple, diamond-encrusted ribbon! Now where was it? Don't tell me I lost it!
That would THE. ABSOLUTE. WORST. POSSIBLE! THING!

Oh wait, there it is! Hmmm, no. This just doesn't go at all. Oh, but there simple isn't enough pink in this dress!

There's only one solution for this! Princess! Put this other pink, frilly dress on over the first dress!
Oh! And we'll have to dye your coat pink. And Twilight, could you change her eye color, too?

After watching the video with only the music for Luna's entrance, I saw Dentist Colgate had fingered-gloves.
FINGERED GLOVES! Pinkie's starting to rub-off on other ponies! Somepony! Prepare the fifth wall!

Edited by Masked Toaster, 02 November 2011 - 10:13 AM.

#222 Cabooceratops

Cabooceratops

Girl Whomst Love Girls

• Citizen
  • 22763 posts

Posted 03 November 2011 - 01:15 AM

"You made me pink."

Like my art? I do commissions!! -> https://www.allspark...

#223 Don_East

Don_East

Stop, Collaborate, and...

• Citizen
  • 341 posts

Posted 05 November 2011 - 08:30 AM

Personally, this episode caused Pinkie Pie to drop in my rankings. When it was revealed that Pinkie Pie was intentionally being scared and in turn rile up the kids into a panic, screwing over Luna at every turn. I flat out said "What?" to my TV. A majority of the conflict happened all because Pinkie Pie wouldn't shut her yap. And even worse, she never apologzied to Luna or she's never directly called out on it. In fact, she gave Twilight the idea for the resolution. Can someone name me an artist who does commissions, I have an idea of a comic that needs to be drawn.

#224 (Deactivated) Sobana

(Deactivated) Sobana
  • Guests

Posted 05 November 2011 - 09:42 AM

QUOTE(Don_East @ Nov 5 2011, 09:30 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Can someone name me an artist who does commissions, I have an idea of a comic that needs to be drawn.

Try asking on FA, I'm sure you will get a cheap deal there. I actually know of a good artist who does comics, but the name slips my mind right now.

Edited by Sobana, 05 November 2011 - 09:43 AM.

#225 Shadewing

Shadewing

Artichoke of Misery

• Supporter
  • 36580 posts

Posted 05 November 2011 - 09:49 AM

QUOTE(Don_East @ Nov 5 2011, 07:30 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Personally, this episode caused Pinkie Pie to drop in my rankings. When it was revealed that Pinkie Pie was intentionally being scared and in turn rile up the kids into a panic, screwing over Luna at every turn. I flat out said "What?" to my TV. A majority of the conflict happened all because Pinkie Pie wouldn't shut her yap. And even worse, she never apologzied to Luna or she's never directly called out on it. In fact, she gave Twilight the idea for the resolution. Can someone name me an artist who does commissions, I have an idea of a comic that needs to be drawn.

I've disliked her ever since the season began when it seems she'd let evil happen as long as she got sweets in return. I also have a comic idea I want drawn...

3DS Friend Code: 0387-9040-3532

Twitch Channel

Youtube Replays

VOTE for what I play on 8/30!

Friday: Sonic Generations - Sunday: Transformers WFC - Tuesday: Little Inferno

#226 TM2 Dinobot

TM2 Dinobot

Wha?

• Citizen
  • 4644 posts

Posted 05 November 2011 - 10:19 AM

Pinkie Pie is not a Skrull, guys. Don't commission that.

#227 Shadewing

Shadewing

Artichoke of Misery

• Supporter
  • 36580 posts

Posted 05 November 2011 - 10:39 AM

QUOTE(TM2 Dinobot @ Nov 5 2011, 09:19 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Pinkie Pie is not a Skrull, guys. Don't commission that.

No, that's not my idea. Mine keeps her as her, within her character (not pinkamina).

3DS Friend Code: 0387-9040-3532

Twitch Channel

Youtube Replays

VOTE for what I play on 8/30!

Friday: Sonic Generations - Sunday: Transformers WFC - Tuesday: Little Inferno

#228 TM2-Megatron

TM2-Megatron
  • Supporter
  • 10713 posts

Posted 05 November 2011 - 03:05 PM

I think Pinkie was just trying to give the kids a good time for Nightmare Night, since she seemed to be the one supervising them. When you have a holiday devoted scary things, and that revolves around Nightmare Moon mythology, and when the pony who actually was Nightmare Moon shows up in town on said holiday... well... the only word for that is JACKPOT. Yeah, it might've got a bit out of hand, but part of that's on Luna as well, for taking things as seriously as she did. Celestia probably would've seen it for the joke it was meant to be. And anyway, this is Pinkie we're talking about... we're lucky the town didn't end up in shambles, lol.

Luna's a big girl; more than a thousand years old. She spent a millennium alone, and managed not to go insane thanks to an immortality-reinforced psyche. I'm pretty sure she can take care of herself in the face little ol' Pinkie Pie.

Edited by TM2-Megatron, 05 November 2011 - 03:13 PM.

#229 TM2-Megatron

TM2-Megatron
  • Supporter
  • 10713 posts

Posted 05 November 2011 - 06:04 PM

Nor Twilight and Luna less clueless in their social awkwardness.

But since they all seem like reasonable ponies, I'm sure at the end of the day they wrote it off as the misunderstanding it was and Luna went home having learned a valuable lesson about getting into the spirit of things (her little prank on Dash at the end certainly seemed to indicate that was the case).

#230 Legion Maximus

Legion Maximus
  • Citizen
  • 233 posts

Posted 05 November 2011 - 06:23 PM

I think Pinkie Pie was cheerfully oblivious to Luna's anguish. She really didn't see much of her, just brief glimpses in between shouting, "RUN, IT'S NIGHTMARE MOON!"

Yeah, she was completely tactless and, frankly, really rude (without realizing it). Pinkie was basically sabotaging Luna's attempts to make friends. But I think that lack of self-awareness and self-control is just part of Pinkie's character.

#231 Guardian Prime

Guardian Prime

Ponies & Freedom Are The Right of ALL Sentient Beings!

• Supporter
  • 5730 posts

Posted 05 November 2011 - 07:27 PM

QUOTE(Nayuki @ Nov 5 2011, 05:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE(Kein @ Nov 5 2011, 05:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Anyway, the question about Luna's model size still bothers me. I wonder if we will ever get an official answer... *rolls his eyes at someone*

Wait, what model size question? Obviously I missed something.

You're not the only one. icon-depth.gif
I don't recall seeing any such question posted here.

Edited by Guardian Prime, 05 November 2011 - 07:29 PM.

#232 Legion Maximus

Legion Maximus
  • Citizen
  • 233 posts

Posted 05 November 2011 - 07:39 PM

What question? Do you mean how Luna is bigger in "Luna Eclipsed" than in the pilot ep? I would imagine when her dark powers were "exorcised", it caused a lot of energy loss, leaving her in a small, weakened state. Now she's had some time to recover and is a little bigger, stronger, and has regained her pretty nebula hair.

I looooove that nebula hair. *__*

#233 Scavgraphics

Scavgraphics

Sometimes bad ponies make the best good ponies!

• Supporter
  • 6393 posts

Posted 05 November 2011 - 09:20 PM

QUOTE(Legion Maximus @ Nov 5 2011, 07:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yeah, she was completely tactless and, frankly, really rude (without realizing it). Pinkie was basically sabotaging Luna's attempts to make friends. But I think that lack of self-awareness and self-control is just part of Pinkie's character.

I so don't want to agree with Kein, but Pinkie's the one who doesn't prank Fluttershy because she would be upset by the prank. Granted she knows Fluttershy, but she's been shown to be more empathetic than this.

#234 TM2-Megatron

TM2-Megatron
  • Supporter
  • 10713 posts

Posted 05 November 2011 - 09:32 PM

Well, you said it yourself; she knows Fluttershy, and since she knows every pony in Ponyville, and Fluttershy has presumably lived in Ponyville since she was old enough to leave home, Pinkie's known her a while. She doesn't know Luna at all, was caught up in enthusiasm for Nightmare Night, probably on a severe sugar rush, and seemed to be charged with entertaining/keeping an eye on the kiddies (of whom she's practically on honorary member, personality-wise). Granted, I don't have children, but I have enough younger relatives to know that what that group of young ponies (along with Pinkie) were doing wasn't too out of the ordinary in terms of behaviour for Halloween. It's easy to get over-excited and carried away with oneself as a kid on a holiday like Halloween, and intentionally seek out opportunities to act scared just for the fun of it. It would've been like an adventure for them, much better than just going around collecting candy.

Not knowing Luna at all, Pinkie may've assumed she was made of tougher stuff than some of her well-wishers appear to be, lol. In fact, considering the extreme entrance Luna made, it wouldn't be unreasonable for Pinkie to have assumed she showed up on Nightmare Night specifically to take part in the festivities of the holiday that is, after all, devoted to her alter ego.

Edited by TM2-Megatron, 05 November 2011 - 09:35 PM.

#235 Masked Toaster

Masked Toaster

• Citizen
  • 1270 posts

Posted 06 November 2011 - 01:00 AM

And all of Pinkie's experience with royalty has shown Celestia to have a bit of a prank side, so she may have just assumed Luna had a bit of the same personality.

And she even said, when cornered by Twilight, "I'm a chicken." If anything, she was probably playing-up the role.

#236 Creature SH

Creature SH

Condimented

• Supporter
  • 6133 posts

Posted 06 November 2011 - 08:23 AM

Again, Pinky didn't really see her for that long, and she had no idea that Luna wasn't in on how the celebration works, as she didn't really know her personally. She just saw that Luna's in town and immediately thought "She's here to scare the kids a little, 'cause it's Nightmare Night. This is gonna be FUN!". It's very consistent with her line of thought, too - She was fully focused on the party at hand.

Edited by Creature SH, 06 November 2011 - 08:25 AM.

j1GI7Gi.gif

#237 pao

pao

Life is a struggle.

• Supporter
  • 858 posts

Posted 06 November 2011 - 09:12 AM

I still haven't rewatched this one (argh, at least I finally got to Lesson Zero a second time) but the discussion is bringing me around on it somewhat. I don't think I'm going to find myself liking the episode much more, but you are making good points about (in particular) Pinkie Pie that at least make this episode seem less out of place.

#238 TM2-Megatron

TM2-Megatron
  • Supporter
  • 10713 posts

Posted 06 November 2011 - 12:39 PM

QUOTE(Kein @ Nov 6 2011, 10:48 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE(Creature SH @ Nov 6 2011, 05:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Again, Pinky didn't really see her for that long, and she had no idea that Luna wasn't in on how the celebration works, as she didn't really know her personally. She just saw that Luna's in town and immediately thought "She's here to scare the kids a little, 'cause it's Nightmare Night. This is gonna be FUN!". It's very consistent with her line of thought, too - She was fully focused on the party at hand.

while Pinkie didn't want to see it because she was busy with herself and "fun".

No, she was busy with making sure the kids were having fun, which is pretty in line with her character since she's more concerned with others. Only Twilight really understood Luna's situation; the others only did after Twi explained it to them since they were all too intimidated by her to work it out for themselves. Pinkie actually seemed to come closer than anyone else in town (aside from Twilight) to guessing why she was there; her only mistake was assuming Luna understood the point of the holiday, which she clearly didn't until afterwards. What happened was just a misunderstanding, with responsibility split about 50/50 between them. Maybe Pinkie should've slowed down for a minute and actually told someone what she was doing, but on the flip side Luna shouldn't have taken everything so seriously, either.

Not sure where this is all really coming from, though. This is as pointless as fuming about how insensitive the rest of the mane 6 were in Party of One when none of them noticed how their actions were causing Pinkie to become increasingly depressed. Except they weren't being insensitive; they probably mistakenly assumed she was "just being Pinkie Pie". Like Nightmare Night, it was only a misunderstanding.

Edited by TM2-Megatron, 06 November 2011 - 12:40 PM.

#239 Masked Toaster

Masked Toaster

• Citizen
  • 1270 posts

Posted 06 November 2011 - 12:47 PM

QUOTE(TM2-Megatron @ Nov 6 2011, 01:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
... This is as pointless as fuming about how insensitive the rest of the mane 6 were in Party of One when none of them noticed how their actions were causing Pinkie to become increasingly depressed. Except they weren't being insensitive; they probably mistakenly assumed she was "just being Pinkie Pie". Like Nightmare Night, it was only a misunderstanding.
That's actually the same thing that led-up to Twilight snapping in Lesson Zero, so they apparently haven't learned their lessons about taking other's feelings into consideration first.

#240 Pocket

Pocket

Hraeth ela mi!

• Citizen
  • 4507 posts

Posted 06 November 2011 - 10:17 PM

I had the same sorts of problems with Pinkie Pie in "Swarm of the Century". I've come to accept it as part of her character, but I have not yet come to accept it as good writing. She seems to be getting used as a token Idiot Ball holder.

If you ever somehow become a Catholic saint, be aware that they will harvest your bones and build altars around them.