Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (19 August 2018 - 08:40 PM)

I saw him on The Trek BBS some months before he hit the Allspark.

@  Nevermore : (19 August 2018 - 05:47 PM)

He was considered an annoying pest even back then.

@  Nevermore : (19 August 2018 - 05:47 PM)

I finally managed to dig up some of Jason Irelan's earliest posts, at the Alvaro Comicboards Transformers forum. Dating back to 2003.

@  Nevermore : (19 August 2018 - 12:43 PM)

The best thing is that repeatedly buying the same cabinet means an increasing routine in assembling the things.

@  wonko the sane? : (19 August 2018 - 10:39 AM)

Welp, beats me. I got four shelves.

@  Nevermore : (19 August 2018 - 08:38 AM)

Finally I can showcase my collection in an appropriate manner.

@  Nevermore : (19 August 2018 - 08:38 AM)

I bought thirteen display cabinets for my new apartment from Ikea.

@  RichardT1977 : (19 August 2018 - 12:42 AM)

*groan*...

@  PlutoniumBoss : (18 August 2018 - 11:43 PM)

Well don't hang up on us, tel us abaud it!

@  Cybersnark : (18 August 2018 - 04:25 PM)

I'm back with a new modem!

@  wonko the sane? : (18 August 2018 - 03:58 PM)

And I just managed to clean out my bed drawers, so I can move on to the next step when I'm ready.

@  wonko the sane? : (18 August 2018 - 03:45 PM)

I doubt I set any records, but now my cat can't jump on my PC and hit the power button or reset button, so... improvement.

@  RichardT1977 : (18 August 2018 - 02:28 PM)

Back in St. Olaf they used to have IKEA building contests...

@  Paladin : (18 August 2018 - 11:44 AM)

enjoy yur affordable Svedish crap.

@  wonko the sane? : (18 August 2018 - 11:33 AM)

Ikea is dangerous. I bought a new desk and a bed frame...

@  ▲ndrusi : (18 August 2018 - 11:19 AM)

Var.

@  Nevermore : (18 August 2018 - 06:19 AM)

Oh, and there's also a few percent extra wage for every overtime hour on top of that.

@  Nevermore : (18 August 2018 - 06:19 AM)

Some people just work an hour extra every day and then request a day off when they have collected enough hours.

@  Nevermore : (18 August 2018 - 06:18 AM)

Come in on your day off? Work an hour extra on a normal working day? Counts. What you do with your overtime doesn't matter just as long as you worked overtime in the first place.

@  Nevermore : (18 August 2018 - 06:18 AM)

Anything goes - filing a request for financial compensation for your overtime, getting them compensated by spare time either in full "stay at home" days or "go home early" days (always with permission by your superior), it doesn't matter. What matters is that you worked longer than your contract and your official shift plan require you on any given day.

@  Nevermore : (18 August 2018 - 06:16 AM)

Now the important thing here is that overtime is clocked daily, so if you work an hour extra (all overtime prior to the Christmas peak season is voluntary) and then immediately work an hour less on the following day (assuming you got your superior's permission), you may have a net zero on your overtime account but still scored one hour for the premium regardless.

@  Nevermore : (18 August 2018 - 06:14 AM)

In other news, I unlocked an achievement at work: There is an agreement between the works council and the employer which states that anyone who works 55 overtime hours this year between January and the end of September gets a premium in October.

@  Nevermore : (18 August 2018 - 06:12 AM)

Of course, the idiots keep bringing up the fact that DC used it "first", despite us telling them over and over again that who was "first" is completely irrelevant in trademarks.

@  Nevermore : (18 August 2018 - 06:10 AM)

Actually they just settled.

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (18 August 2018 - 05:03 AM)

Sounds like Hasbro should win it easily.. They'be been using it constantly for years, so even if DC did have it, they haven't been using and defending their trademark.

@  Nevermore : (18 August 2018 - 04:54 AM)

Well, haven't in a long time, that is.

And there haven't been any toys based on DC's Teen Titans Bumblebee character until recently.

Because Hasbro is selling toys.

The trademark dispute was specifically about toys.

@  Pennpenn : (18 August 2018 - 04:50 AM)

Thought to be fair I didn't even know Hasbro and DC were having a trademark dispute. I thought that was something that would have been settled years ago (and DC wouldn't be doing much with their Bumblebee at the moment given Marvel's using Wasp at the moment)

@  Pennpenn : (18 August 2018 - 04:37 AM)

It sounds like the kind of person isn't going to be deflected by petty concerns like "reason" or "facts".

@  Nevermore : (18 August 2018 - 04:18 AM)

I told him repeatedly that the insects are completely irrelevant because THEY ARE NOT IN THE BUSINESS OF SELLING TOYS (or ANY business at all, for that matter).

@  Pennpenn : (18 August 2018 - 04:08 AM)

Even if he meant that the word "bumblebee" has been used to describe a particular type of insect (which is a much more coherent statement) it's still wrong.

@  Nevermore : (18 August 2018 - 03:40 AM)

Claiming that Hasbro's trademark has always been for "Autobot Bumblebee" (a quick look at any toy packaging in the past 12 years proves this wrong), Apple the computer company has never held a trademark for "Apple", only for "Apple Computers" (the USPTO database proves this wrong), you cannot trademark common words (the USPTO database proves this wrong), the insects have been using the name "Bumblebee" for thousands of years (insects don't speak English), and ARGHHHH.

@  Nevermore : (18 August 2018 - 03:38 AM)

Jesus, there's this moron at TFW2005 who has a history of exceptionally outrageous bulls*** claims who is making all sorts of provably false statements in the thread about the Hasbro/DC "Bumblebee" trademark dispute.

@  TM2-Megatron : (18 August 2018 - 12:06 AM)

If you stop for gas/directions shortly before getting there and the attendant is unusually creepy and/or inbred, turn back

@  Noideaforaname : (17 August 2018 - 09:49 PM)

Booked a cheap cabin in the stormy mountains filled with alcohol. This is either a great find or the start of a horror film.

@  RichardT1977 : (17 August 2018 - 06:55 PM)

I loved those commercials...

@  Patch : (17 August 2018 - 06:14 PM)

Paladin drank Bud Ice once in the 90s, and the penguins have been after him ever since.

@  TheMightyMol... : (17 August 2018 - 01:44 PM)

You weren't using it anyway.

@  Paladin : (17 August 2018 - 12:11 PM)

one by one the penguins steal my sanity...

@  Donocropolis : (17 August 2018 - 06:30 AM)

New band name: The Sabre Worf Hypothesis

@  wonko the sane? : (16 August 2018 - 06:36 AM)

That never goes away. I still have little panic attacks when I see water where it's not supposed to be. I've lived through enough leaking roofs, broken pipes and floods to know it could be a very bad sign.

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (15 August 2018 - 09:20 PM)

Despite my parents explaining that to me when I was a kid, I still half-panic every time I see condensation dripping.

@  Shrug : (15 August 2018 - 08:23 PM)

Yup. If the water happens to be on the left or right of the vehicle, make sure to remember that. That way it's real easy to tell if it's something else dripping.

@  Nevermore : (15 August 2018 - 05:15 PM)

So I checked online and it appears... it's totally normal, that's apparently condensed water from the air conditioning.

@  Nevermore : (15 August 2018 - 05:14 PM)

Phew!" For a moment I thought I was in real trouble because when I arrived at home and drove my car into the garage, there was a trail of large wet spots.

@  wonko the sane? : (15 August 2018 - 08:01 AM)

The showerhead exploded off the pipe this morning. So yeah... think it's going to be a "great" day.

@  Donocropolis : (13 August 2018 - 09:44 PM)

Luckily, it was "Wheel Horse Lawnmower"

@  Donocropolis : (13 August 2018 - 09:44 PM)

I knew that my father was getting old when he finally posted a facebook status that was clearly a search term.

Photo
- - - - -

Walking Dead Season 2

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
328 replies to this topic

#21 ultra magnus13

ultra magnus13

Razzaroo

• Citizen
  • 6497 posts

Posted 17 October 2011 - 10:59 PM

QUOTE(C16 @ Oct 17 2011, 09:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE(ultra magnus13 @ Oct 17 2011, 06:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE(Nebucron @ Oct 17 2011, 06:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Ok...I absolutely loved the first season....didn't even know it was a comic until well into the first season...read all 89 issues last month in the way of catchup...and to be honest, I found the season opener to be fairly boring.

Sure there were some attempts at character development, especially with Andrea and Rick, and less so with some of the others although still present, and I realize that character interaction is a huge part of this show, but for a season opener, especially one 90 minutes long, I expected more...
To be honest, it fell more to me like a way of intentionally trying to throw comic fans off...

Without spoilers: It seemed like they were putting situations in that were similar enough to some comic scenes that you expected certain things to happen...and then nothing did.

I still liked it but I was really hoping to see a certain HIGHLIGHT to view:
sword wielding, zombie leashing character show up...or maybe see them stumble upon a prison.

I know the show is different from the comic, which is a good thing, but if they make it TOO different it becomes a bad thing. Not talking about the last scene here...more thinking of scenes with Shane and Rick, and the church...

Oh, yeah, and what IS the deal with the bodies in the cars, anyway?...if there isn't some explanation there, that just makes no sense at all based on what we know so far...

I really REALLY hope they stay far FAR away from the later stuff in the comic. Keep that anime/(manga?) trash out of my zombie apocalypse please.

What anime stuff? Sword does not automatically equal anime.

And lol and calling a group of 30-40 zombies a herd. I'll wait for them to CG a group of hundreds.

This

has no place in something that is supposed to be grounded in reality.

I finally got rid of that big white box.

#22 Destron D-69

Destron D-69

Frustratingly Endearing

• Supporter
  • 59242 posts

Posted 18 October 2011 - 01:29 AM

people used swords long before anime was a term for Animation created in a Japanese style.

and hell if a sword works... and its what you can get your hands on... USE THE SWORD.. its not like it has limited ammo

besides on the show we've got a guy with a crossbow using the same bolt over and over... how is that different?

melee works for zombies

#23 Ironbite

Ironbite

I might be a touch....angry

• Supporter
  • 25913 posts

Posted 18 October 2011 - 02:11 AM

Lets not add you're in a show where ZOMBIES ARE TREATED AS REAL!

Ironbite-yeah...using a sword just makes sense.

xC9l3eY.gif

#24 Evil Zoe

Evil Zoe

Social Security is a promise that we cannot and must not break.

• Citizen
  • 12441 posts

Posted 18 October 2011 - 03:39 AM

Needs more cowbell

♬·¯·♩¸¸♪·¯·♫ Thinking is the best way to travel ♬·¯·♩¸¸♪·¯·♫

#25 skankerzero

skankerzero

Back in DFW!

• Citizen
  • 7459 posts

Posted 18 October 2011 - 09:14 AM

QUOTE(Ironbite @ Oct 18 2011, 02:11 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Guys, he's talking about the pink skirt...
-----------
jesse sosa
owner / creative director
Dinosaur Games

#26 Nebucron

Nebucron

I like swords.

• Citizen
  • 2671 posts

Posted 19 October 2011 - 03:39 PM

I guess these are spoliers for non-comic readers so...

HIGHLIGHT to view:

I'm pretty sure Michonne will show up at some point. She seems to be one of Kirkman's favorite characters, and is a favorite of a lot of fans as well.
That said, I'm sure they'll make some changes to her character for the show, and I'm okay with that. The leashed zombie thing is really relatively minor in the comic so they could ditch that without any major issues...but having a sword in a post apocalyptic world where gunshots draw large numbers of zombies just makes sense. If anything it's actually more unrealistic, IMHO that they're not all fashioning more melee weapons, as well as crossbows and bows...in this world these kind of weapons have proven to be MORE practical than guns in many cases.

Back to the opener...I'm guessing they're on their way to Hershel's farm now...but I think that could have gotten there in the opener, and Carl getting shot right before a commercial break still would have had impact...they could have gotten to the farm and still had a decent ending...but I'm willing to watch the next few episodes to see where they're going.

Personally, I still want to see Shane go nuts and Carl kill him, but I get the feeling they're keeping Shane around for awhile...

Edited by Nebucron, 19 October 2011 - 03:40 PM.

#27 ultra magnus13

ultra magnus13

Razzaroo

• Citizen
  • 6497 posts

Posted 23 October 2011 - 10:11 PM

QUOTE(skankerzero @ Oct 18 2011, 01:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE(Ironbite @ Oct 18 2011, 02:11 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Guys, he's talking about the pink skirt...

For the most part, the majority of the characters especially earlier in the comic, feel like real people. Later you get stuff Like Michone, and the Gov, who seem like comic book characters. One of the things that made the early Walking Dead stuff great (and is what makes most Zombie fiction great) is that it is played straight. You have believable realistic characters behaving logically for there character. This is why IMO the original Night of the Living Dead, and 28 Days later are so great. They don't try to throw in bad ass characters, or unrealistic "cool" death scenes like 28 weeks later terrible helicopter scene.

That said, blades are terrible anti zombie weapons. Chopping into a skull is going to be very difficult and will quickly dull a blade. There is also a good chance if you do chop into it, that the blade is going to get stuck. Taking a head clean off at the neck would also require a very sharp blade, and a well placed swing, and you again have the risk of blade getting lodged in the zombie. The crossbow is a pretty good choice, as it is fairly quite, capable of making a kill and has semi reusable ammo. I understand the place for melee weapons, but a quick easy to handle weapon to take them off there feet like a baseball bat is going to make far more sense than a sword. A long pitchfork would also probably be pretty handy.

Tonight's episode: Again better than all but last seasons pilot. Lighter on action and suspense than this seasons opener, but we got introduced to some new guys, and got some good character stuff from about everybody.

#28 Whirl Maximus

Whirl Maximus
  • Citizen
  • 5994 posts

Posted 24 October 2011 - 03:10 AM

The only time that blade became realistic was when the Governor killed Tyreese, he has to keep hacking away to decapitate him.
I don't think anyone picked up Thomas machete in the prison story arc and I was left wondering where he got it from.
Last nights episode was great and why is it Andrea always gets attacked by the best zombies?

Edited by Tornadron, 24 October 2011 - 03:48 AM.

Barney: Hey, Homer, you're late for English!
Homer: Pffft, English. Who needs that. I'm never going to England. 

#29 CT-5555

CT-5555

Please, call me Fives

• Supporter
  • 1955 posts

Posted 24 October 2011 - 01:26 PM

Watched the first episode and really enjoyed it. Hope they can keep it up for another 6 episodes. Because they sure as hell didn't manage to during season 1.
QUOTE(Xaaron @ Nov 21 2011, 04:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
TF Fans draw so many lines, it looks like a frackin' zebra.

#30 Nebucron

Nebucron

I like swords.

• Citizen
  • 2671 posts

Posted 24 October 2011 - 02:07 PM

Actually..I concede the point that actually trying to hack into a skull with a blade is a bad idea...but I think that Kirkman was actually trying to make a differentiation between the living and the dead with the Tyrese thing, and one of the reasons a blade would get stuck in bone is that living bone swells...not sure what dead bone does, not an expert, there...and I also agree that baseball bats, especially metal ones, would make the best logical weapon, but there's reality, and then there's entertainment, so I'm pretty sure we'll still see bladed weapons, and have to assume they are continually sharpening and honing them.

Ok, this isn't comic discussion, so onto ep 2...

Pretty well done here. I like what they did with Hershel, actually, and although I did think the Veterinarian becoming the only doctor we have in a bad situation shtick has been played out, it makes sense on a farm setting to have a skilled vet as well, and everything was close enough to the comic arc to satisfy comic fans and show fans alike. Waiting to see whether they'll do anything with the barn, though...

I like the new characters overall, but they haven't had much time to develop. Personally i hope they don't draw out the Carl being shot drama much more, and we need to move on on Sophia as well, even if it's a they don't find her at all resolution, that plot point needs to move forward as well. They;re doing a good job developing rick, but Andrea needs to either get her gun back or just get killed...her being the one person to get attacked by a zombie each week is going to get old fast. I like what they did with Shane and Otis, but I get the feeling they'll find a way out and we'll get back to the Status Quo, but I'd like to be wrong on that.

Those are just my gut reactions, I may have to watch it again to get a better feel for things.

Thought that Talking Dead was pretty useless again, and Kirkman's comments that the bodies in the cars would have suffered brain trauma didn't fly with me, as mostly it looked like people were just stuck in traffic and chose so sit in their cars and die...didn't look like accidents or suicides, or that they'd been eaten, so that one still seems off, but I guess I'll go with it.

Edited by Nebucron, 24 October 2011 - 02:10 PM.

#31 ultra magnus13

ultra magnus13

Razzaroo

• Citizen
  • 6497 posts

Posted 24 October 2011 - 02:21 PM

QUOTE(Nebucron @ Oct 24 2011, 06:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Actually..I concede the point that actually trying to hack into a skull with a blade is a bad idea...but I think that Kirkman was actually trying to make a differentiation between the living and the dead with the Tyrese thing, and one of the reasons a blade would get stuck in bone is that living bone swells...not sure what dead bone does, not an expert, there...and I also agree that baseball bats, especially metal ones, would make the best logical weapon, but there's reality, and then there's entertainment, so I'm pretty sure we'll still see bladed weapons, and have to assume they are continually sharpening and honing them.

Ok, this isn't comic discussion, so onto ep 2...

Pretty well done here. I like what they did with Hershel, actually, and although I did think the Veterinarian becoming the only doctor we have in a bad situation shtick has been played out, it makes sense on a farm setting to have a skilled vet as well, and everything was close enough to the comic arc to satisfy comic fans and show fans alike. Waiting to see whether they'll do anything with the barn, though...

I like the new characters overall, but they haven't had much time to develop. Personally i hope they don't draw out the Carl being shot drama much more, and we need to move on on Sophia as well, even if it's a they don't find her at all resolution, that plot point needs to move forward as well. They;re doing a good job developing rick, but Andrea needs to either get her gun back or just get killed...her being the one person to get attacked by a zombie each week is going to get old fast. I like what they did with Shane and Otis, but I get the feeling they'll find a way out and we'll get back to the Status Quo, but I'd like to be wrong on that.

Those are just my gut reactions, I may have to watch it again to get a better feel for things.

Thought that Talking Dead was pretty useless again, and Kirkman's comments that the bodies in the cars would have suffered brain trauma didn't fly with me, as mostly it looked like people were just stuck in traffic and chose so sit in their cars and die...didn't look like accidents or suicides, or that they'd been eaten, so that one still seems off, but I guess I'll go with it.

I'm hoping it's going to end up that not everyone turns, and that was just a cover to not spoil it for later. I've never been a huge fan of 100% death/infection rate. It makes the drama they often insert around killing someone that has been bitten/infected seem kinda silly. It's fine early on, when they are "discovering" this. Dawn of the Dead remake did a pretty good job with this.

#32 Whirl Maximus

Whirl Maximus
  • Citizen
  • 5994 posts

Posted 31 October 2011 - 04:34 AM

Okay who didn't see the ending to last nights episode coming a mile off?

#33 Quantumhawk

Quantumhawk

Fight the Future

• Retired Staff
  • 18489 posts

Posted 31 October 2011 - 07:21 AM

QUOTE(Tornadron @ Oct 31 2011, 04:34 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Okay who didn't see the ending to last nights episode coming a mile off?

Me, apparently. I didn't like Shane before but I didn't think he was capable of that.

#34 The Predaking

The Predaking

Finally! A new Predaking is here!

• Staff
  • 38253 posts

Posted 31 October 2011 - 08:19 AM

HIGHLIGHT to view:
Well, I saw that coming. As soon as I saw it was just him, I knew he left the guy behind. I must say that it was quite cold shooting him in the leg and not in the head. I mean would it have made any difference to the walkers that he was alive? I mean this episode showed that they will eat fresh dead meat, the guy hanging in the tree for example. Still, the whole scene was fairly well done, and I can totally see Shane doing that to save not just himself, but Carl too. Remember, he was willing to stay back himself a few minutes earlier. And realistically Otis should never be able to survive that trip anyways. No offense, but the dude was way too big to be able to out run the walkers.

Glenn and the chick seem destined to hook up. That should make things interesting when they eventually get kicked off the farm.

Still no word on Sophia. I am getting a bit worn out on that story thread. Either have her show up, alive or undead, or have them rescue her from whomever's holding her. On the positive side, I like the direction of the Darrel and Andrea dynamic in the late night woods search.

Overall, the episode was great, and definitely my favorite of the season so far.

Restoring an Old Arcade Machine!

http://www.allspark....ade-game/page-2

#35 Lizard King

Lizard King

I burned out my eyes, I cut off my tounge.

• Citizen
  • 9600 posts

Posted 31 October 2011 - 08:43 AM

hug Shane

#36 Whirl Maximus

Whirl Maximus
  • Citizen
  • 5994 posts

Posted 31 October 2011 - 09:16 AM

I think Carl is Shane's son, if this is the case it would explain a lot, I bet that's what Jenner told Rick and this will lead to Shane going off the deep end onl for Carl to kill him.
Also Hershel's farm arc is going to end with a Night of the Living Dead homage.

#37 theEvergreen

theEvergreen

cursed with the bad luck chromosome.

• Citizen
  • 1061 posts

Posted 31 October 2011 - 09:26 AM

QUOTE(Tornadron @ Oct 31 2011, 10:16 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think Carl is Shane's son, if this is the case it would explain a lot, I bet that's what Jenner told Rick and this will lead to Shane going off the deep end onl for Carl to kill him.
Also Hershel's farm arc is going to end with a Night of the Living Dead homage.

How would he know that Carl is Shane's son to tell Rick in the first place? And why wouldn't Rick flip out immediately after?

#38 Whirl Maximus

Whirl Maximus
  • Citizen
  • 5994 posts

Posted 31 October 2011 - 09:40 AM

Jenner took blood samples from everyone but that said Rick is donating blood to Carl and unless their both the same type or he has double O negative it shouldn't work.
Rick may want to keep the status quo and be oblivious to Lori and Shane screwing around.

#39 The Predaking

The Predaking

Finally! A new Predaking is here!

• Staff
  • 38253 posts

Posted 31 October 2011 - 11:01 AM

I seriously doubt that Shane is Carl's father. Lori, while crazy, didn't hook up with Shane until after they thought that Rick was dead. Also, just the way that Lori was acting towards Carl in the flashback after Rick was shot, just makes me think that Carl is Rick's son.

Restoring an Old Arcade Machine!

http://www.allspark....ade-game/page-2

#40 Galenraff

Galenraff

Sarcasm: unappreciated.

• Administrator
  • 33609 posts

Posted 31 October 2011 - 11:07 AM

The writing isn't the best, but the atmosphere and general sense of realism and constant danger is pretty awesome in this show. It feels suitably large-scaled enough for a zombie show to be believable. I just watched season 1 in the past week or so, and just caught up to season 2 with last night's episode.

I'm getting tired of the girl missing in the woods. Find her or don't, but let's move on. I'm tired of waiting for Morgan and his son, also Merle, and I'm also guessing that we'll see Otis come back as a zombie and give away to everyone what Shane did. Yes, that was an obvious plot point, but it was carried out well. Basically, there's just a few too many loose ends for my liking right now.

As soon as they saw the traffic snarl and called it a graveyard, I was expecting way more than just one herd passing through in the few days they've (stupidly) stayed there. In World War Z, they (accurately, IMO) made the case that traffic jams were just full of dead, and were to be avoided at all costs. Especially with Rick telling Morgan, "stay off the roads," before himself going on a road, I thought this idea would carry over. I'm annoyed it hasn't.

I'm also annoyed that the farmhouse is lit up like a hugging christmas tree at night. We've established that a road flare will distract a whole mob for minutes at a time. These lights would bring 'em for miles! So this and the traffic thing are really bugging me, because they're somewhat breaking the reality they've been building up.

Fortunately, the character stuff has been good enough to make up for it so far. But even that's wavering a little with Darryl as he's turning into a Sawyer-type "misunderstood bad boy" rather than just an ignorant hick that's making himself useful. It's one thing to get to know him better, another to totally change him.

Still, it's a good show, one of the better ones I've seen on TV in a while and seems to be living up to the hype. I'm looking forward to where the rest of this season goes for sure!

ALERT: Everything is fine.