Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  Donocropolis : (13 August 2018 - 09:44 PM)

Luckily, it was "Wheel Horse Lawnmower"

@  Donocropolis : (13 August 2018 - 09:44 PM)

I knew that my father was getting old when he finally posted a facebook status that was clearly a search term.

@  The Wadapan : (12 August 2018 - 12:18 PM)

could've been worse then :p

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (12 August 2018 - 12:03 PM)

So when he tried to pry into his daughter's love life, he ended up posting numerous search terms relating to "hot boy".

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (12 August 2018 - 12:02 PM)

I once saw this comedy episode wherein a dad mistakenly thought the status bar on Facebook was the search bar.

@  The Wadapan : (12 August 2018 - 11:41 AM)

is cool squawkbox =/= search box

@  The Wadapan : (12 August 2018 - 11:41 AM)

iron man note to self

@  Echowarrior : (12 August 2018 - 05:02 AM)

Happy Birthday to Nevermore and Angelus!

@  Waspinator : (11 August 2018 - 04:45 PM)

I like how that game had all kinds of transformation attacks. Some of them may not have made much sense, but they looked cool.

@  TheMightyMol... : (11 August 2018 - 11:33 AM)

Menasor kinda did that in the Devastation video game. He'd split into the Stunticons and run you over.

@  wonko the sane? : (11 August 2018 - 08:04 AM)

Megatron screams "decepticons attack", the constructicons form devastator, who then screams "Multi-vector assault mode" and breaks back into invdividual bots to attack seperately.

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (10 August 2018 - 11:20 PM)

Imagine: an armada battle between Omega Supreme and Tidal Wave.

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (10 August 2018 - 11:20 PM)

Some TF creator should apply it to multi-component Transformers.

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (10 August 2018 - 11:19 PM)

"Multi-vector assault mode" is such a cool term from Star Trek: Voyager.

@  TheMightyMol... : (10 August 2018 - 04:24 PM)

Most things would be pretty cold after two hundred and seventy degrees.

@  RichardT1977 : (10 August 2018 - 02:39 PM)

(Because F = (9C/5) + 32)

@  RichardT1977 : (10 August 2018 - 02:38 PM)

Oh yeah, five times thirty is TWO HUNDRED SEVENTY! My bad...

@  wonko the sane? : (10 August 2018 - 01:15 PM)

Given the weather we've been having this summer, anything under 30 is a friggen god send.

@  NotVeryKnightly : (10 August 2018 - 12:53 PM)

Surely "slightly under 30" doesn't pass for "cold" unless you live in the tropics.

@  wonko the sane? : (10 August 2018 - 12:20 PM)

... or we're finally facing the end game of global warming, but no one will care by then.

@  wonko the sane? : (10 August 2018 - 12:18 PM)

Generally speaking, if the number when referring to temperature is less than 50, you're probably not talking to an american.

@  Benbot : (10 August 2018 - 11:13 AM)

86 F

@  RichardT1977 : (10 August 2018 - 11:07 AM)

(30 C = 68 F)

@  RichardT1977 : (10 August 2018 - 11:06 AM)

And is that Fahrenheit or Celsius?

@  Benbot : (10 August 2018 - 09:13 AM)

What continent are you in?

@  wonko the sane? : (10 August 2018 - 06:41 AM)

oh wow... even with humidity today it won't break 30. It's going to be so... COLD...

@  MEDdMI : (08 August 2018 - 06:58 AM)

@Msol Make sure he shares. My bro hardly ever let me play with his TFs. I even offered to let him play with my dolls/ponies, too.

@  MEDdMI : (08 August 2018 - 06:37 AM)

:p My brother was a bigger pain as a kid. As adults, I'm the bigger pain now.

@  wonko the sane? : (08 August 2018 - 06:31 AM)

Congrats man, and good luck. My personal experience is that little girls are pains in the ass clean through 30.

@  Msol : (07 August 2018 - 10:59 PM)

Yup yup. Now my 2.5yo will need to learn to share all his TFs...

@  MEDdMI : (07 August 2018 - 09:53 PM)

@Msol Really? Congratulations! :)

@  Msol : (07 August 2018 - 08:48 PM)

Ack! We're having a girl!

@  TheMightyMol... : (07 August 2018 - 06:16 PM)

It did include a Transmetal 2 hyena with a giant sawblade in his back.

@  unluckiness : (07 August 2018 - 08:56 AM)

but does it BURN BURN BURN TO THE GROUND?

@  wonko the sane? : (07 August 2018 - 08:01 AM)

Okay, I don't buy doubles and I would have gone after a dozen of those.

@  RichardT1977 : (06 August 2018 - 10:32 PM)

I still think Beast Wars should have included a Transmetal Maximal hyena with a motorcycle-based semi-third mode, of Junkion descent, named Lafftrax

@  Pennpenn : (06 August 2018 - 03:24 AM)

Well if they did the same thing as Roadbattletrapslash (and if they didn't what's the point?) it'd be two new molds, but still.

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (05 August 2018 - 01:08 PM)

I'm surprised that Hasbro wound up scheduling Frenzy for release in the Bumblebee movie line.

@  TheMightyMol... : (05 August 2018 - 12:50 PM)

Dunno. There's been recent Rewind toys, and Eject is just a quick repaint. Flywheels would mean a whole new mold.

@  Cyoti : (05 August 2018 - 08:24 AM)

Flywheels is probably in the same queue at Hasbro as Eject.

@  TheMightyMol... : (05 August 2018 - 03:22 AM)

Energon Redux.

@  Foffy : (05 August 2018 - 03:15 AM)

Grand Slamwich

@  Pennpenn : (04 August 2018 - 07:51 PM)

So we can get proper Flywheels and maybe Grand Slam? I mean, I'm sure if they did it as a full range we'd have an Optimus in there somewhere (with Roller pants? I dunno).

@  Pennpenn : (04 August 2018 - 07:48 PM)

I'd like to see them do more duocon type toys later on. Sort of like how they did Brainstorm as a Headmaster on his own before releasing an entire range of them.

@  wonko the sane? : (04 August 2018 - 08:03 AM)

The first time I saw him, they were both on the shelf, and I passed on roadtrap cause I wasn't overtly impressed with the design. Grabbed battleslashe, read the instructions... ahhh, it's a duocon. Then didn't see the little blue git again until yesterday.

@  Shrug : (04 August 2018 - 07:40 AM)

I know! The store I go to the most got around 5 cases of Wave 2 legends in March, so I was not worried about getting the duo. After some recent hunting though, I've managed to find 3 Battleslashes in my entire city and no Roadtraps. 

@  wonko the sane? : (03 August 2018 - 09:42 PM)

Still, I'm glad I managed to find him again. I saw him once months ago and have been looking since.

@  wonko the sane? : (03 August 2018 - 08:50 PM)

No kidding roadtraps instructions are bad. I actually had to look it up.

@  unitremover : (03 August 2018 - 07:08 PM)

I'd recommend trying to find an alternate way to transform and store away Battleslash's arms in combined mode though, the perscribed method ain't great imo

@  unitremover : (03 August 2018 - 07:07 PM)

They can be at first, especially Roadtrap since his instructions are really bad, but after a few times back and forth they're not too complex.

Photo
- - - - -

The Mingled Melange of Miniatures and Miscellaneous Modifications [Née Polymer Pony Thread]

customs custom sculpture figurines miniatures

507 replies to this topic

#1 Copper Bezel

Copper Bezel
  • Administrator
  • 46776 posts
  • Faction::Equestrian

Posted 04 September 2011 - 05:20 PM

Well, TFGD has one; it's out of our hands; we must as well. So I'll start.

Finally got my arse to Target yesterday. Painting began immediately.

Group.png

WorkbenchManiac's extras, along with my own shoddy resculpt of Fluttershy's mane, some much-needed lipo on Rarity's bizarre mutant baby dinosaur cheeks that seem to have resulted from some intense laziness in Hasbro's rotation of the head, and

GroupwithMayor.png

one extra character, because I wanted somepony expendable to try painting first. The glasses, the collar, and the sea anemone that lives inside offered slightly greater irritation than I anticipated, and yes, I'm aware that the proportions are a bit off.

Party supplies? Never fear, primitive organic citizens of Ponyville! Wreck-Gar has third-party supplies for all!
WithWreck-Gar.png

My real reason for liking the PVCs so much? Yeah. They're totally in scale with the Animated Autobots.

WiththeAutobots.png

And that's awesome.

Edited by Copper Bezel, 26 March 2017 - 02:45 PM.

Shouldn't gravity be doing something?

Of course there's a figure of Rodimus as some kind of animal girl. Why would I be surprised by this?

#2 WorkbenchManiac

WorkbenchManiac

Clever Girl

• Citizen
  • 1784 posts
  • Faction::Maximal

Posted 04 September 2011 - 05:51 PM

Great stuff all around!

I?m especially fond of the Mayor, is she a completely new sculpt of yours, or "only" a mod? Anyway, the mane and tail came out great on her.

And I approve of Wreck-Gar! So much so that I had to do this:

"You Sir, care about some apples?"

Edited by WorkbenchManiac, 04 September 2011 - 06:20 PM.

#3 Copper Bezel

Copper Bezel
  • Administrator
  • 46776 posts

Posted 04 September 2011 - 06:29 PM

I'm glad you liked the Mayor! Yeah, she's from scratch. It shows up close - the proportions are off from the other PVCs, smaller hooves and a broader snout and a back height a couple mm short and such, and there are a lot of little imperfections and texture problems I'll know how to avoid next time. I did her earlier on, before getting the PVC pack and basing the sculpt off the Fluttershy I got from BB Shockwave.

That said, chipping and sanding off Fluttershy's mane in turn to leave something that looked vaguely like a head was almost as time consuming and not nearly as fun as sculpting the pony "blank" for the Mayor in the first place, so I'm going to be starting fresh for anyone else I do.

And of course I'd love to hear any critique that comes to mind.

Awesomely adorable! = D I don't think there's any other Transformer figure with the expression and hand posture to make that work. Nice.

Edited by Copper Bezel, 04 September 2011 - 06:58 PM.

Of course there's a figure of Rodimus as some kind of animal girl. Why would I be surprised by this?

#4 Robot Viking

Robot Viking

Loot, pillage, burn, watch TV

• Supporter
  • 679 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 04 September 2011 - 07:09 PM

QUOTE(WorkbenchManiac @ Sep 4 2011, 05:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Pardon me, I need to go buy insulin, because that just gave me diabetes. And I love it!

#5 Waspinator

Waspinator

Waspinator has a headache in his whole body

• Citizen
  • 23112 posts
  • Faction::Predacon

Posted 04 September 2011 - 09:39 PM

Man, I need to get some of WorkbenchManiac's stuff eventually. Looks awesome with the official figures.

#6 WorkbenchManiac

WorkbenchManiac

Clever Girl

• Citizen
  • 1784 posts

Posted 04 September 2011 - 10:07 PM

QUOTE(Copper Bezel @ Sep 4 2011, 06:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm glad you liked the Mayor! Yeah, she's from scratch. It shows up close - the proportions are off from the other PVCs, smaller hooves and a broader snout and a back height a couple mm short and such, and there are a lot of little imperfections and texture problems I'll know how to avoid next time. I did her earlier on, before getting the PVC pack and basing the sculpt off the Fluttershy I got from BB Shockwave.

I don?t think that matching the PVCs? proportions is all that desirable. Their scale is nice, but the figures themselves are a bit "meh". Your mayor has more character in her facesculpt alone than those PVCs with their strangely formed heads combined.

That said, chipping and sanding off Fluttershy's mane in turn to leave something that looked vaguely like a head was almost as time consuming and not nearly as fun as sculpting the pony "blank" for the Mayor in the first place, so I'm going to be starting fresh for anyone else I do.

For everyone else you do I expect to see a corresponding thread over at the Iacon Art Gallery. Or even better a WIP thread.

And of course I'd love to hear any critique that comes to mind.

As I said, I like the major a lot. Very characterful face and pose. Some minor nitpicks about smooth surfaces aside, the only thing to stand out is the inward curvature of the front legs. Especially the right one, it seems to bend backwards at the wrist. Other than that it?s great work and I?m looking forward to seeing more.

QUOTE(RoboViking @ Sep 4 2011, 07:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Pardon me, I need to go buy insulin, because that just gave me diabetes. And I love it!

It?s all Wreck-Gar?s inherent cuteness. He?s an adorable little alien death robot.

Edited by WorkbenchManiac, 05 September 2011 - 01:37 PM.

#7 (Deactivated) BB Shockwave

(Deactivated) BB Shockwave
  • Guests

Posted 05 September 2011 - 01:23 PM

Wow, Mare the Mayor is awesome. Could you take more pics of her?

And I didn't even realize your Applebloom was ready, Workbenchmaniac! icon-hotrod.gif Btw, is Equestriadaily posting your customs? I cannot navigate that site for the life of me, I wish they had a button to filter out tons and tons of "news" about fanfiction...

#8 Robot Viking

Robot Viking

• Supporter
  • 679 posts

Posted 05 September 2011 - 01:24 PM

QUOTE(BB Shockwave @ Sep 5 2011, 01:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I cannot navigate that site for the life of me, I wish they had a button to filter out tons and tons of "news" about fanfiction...

Like this one?

#9 (Deactivated) Sobana

(Deactivated) Sobana
  • Guests

Posted 05 September 2011 - 02:21 PM

It's funny how the fans put more stock into the toys then the actual toy makers.

#10 WorkbenchManiac

WorkbenchManiac

Clever Girl

• Citizen
  • 1784 posts

Posted 05 September 2011 - 02:31 PM

QUOTE(BB Shockwave @ Sep 5 2011, 01:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
And I didn't even realize your Applebloom was ready, Workbenchmaniac! icon-hotrod.gif Btw, is Equestriadaily posting your customs?

icon-waspy.gif

And yes, Applebloom, Gummy, Opal and AJ?s hat were posted to Equestria Daily, I?ll have to look for the link myself, though. That blog moves so friggin?fast...

#11 Copper Bezel

Copper Bezel
  • Administrator
  • 46776 posts

Posted 05 September 2011 - 03:32 PM

So ... damned ... adorable ... cannot ... ship ... fast ... enough....

QUOTE(WorkbenchManiac)
As I said, I like the major a lot. Very characterful face and pose. Some minor nitpicks about smooth surfaces aside, the only thing to stand out is the inward curvature of the front legs. Especially the right one, it seems to bend backwards at the wrist. Other than that it?s great work and I?m looking forward to seeing more.

Yeah, thanks! I didn't realize that, but I see it now that you point it out - I guess I treated the leading edge of the foreleg as one arc, and there's no indication of the hoof.

I don?t think that matching the PVCs? proportions is all that desirable. Their scale is nice, but the figures themselves are a bit "meh". Your mayor has more character in her facesculpt alone than those PVCs with their strangely formed heads combined.

Yeah, now that I have them in hand, particularly, the PVCs are fairly lifeless. They're designed to look like generic cute ponies and happen to share some design characteristics with the cartoon characters, and the "baby" aspects of the face sculpts are particularly distracting, while the only concessions to individual personalities seem to be in the number of eyelashes each gets. I wanted the Mayor to match, roughly - but I did use the cartoon eyes, anyway.

Another reason I'm looking forward to your Applebloom and Fluttershy. = )

For everyone else you do I expect to see a corresponding thread over at the Iacon Art Gallery. Or even better a WIP thread.

Will do!

QUOTE(BB Shockwave)
Wow, Mare the Mayor is awesome. Could you take more pics of her?

She's kind of jankety up close. I do like how the expression turned out, though. = )

Edited by Copper Bezel, 05 September 2011 - 03:34 PM.

#12 Robot Viking

Robot Viking

• Supporter
  • 679 posts

Posted 05 September 2011 - 03:44 PM

You did a really nice job on her, Copper Bezel.

#13 WorkbenchManiac

WorkbenchManiac

Clever Girl

• Citizen
  • 1784 posts

Posted 05 September 2011 - 04:34 PM

She's kind of jankety up close. I do like how the expression turned out, though. = )

Now that is a successul politician?s smile. Awesome!

QUOTE(Copper Bezel @ Sep 5 2011, 03:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yeah, thanks! I didn't realize that, but I see it now that you point it out - I guess I treated the leading edge of the foreleg as one arc, and there's no indication of the hoof.

The arc itself is fine.

I meant this:

At that spot, and that spot alone, the curvature seems to be a bit sharper than on the rest of the leg, making it look a bit like the leg is bend at that point.

You know your figure is awesome if the only critique is "there is a tiny bend in the curvature of the leg" icon-fire.gif.

#14 Copper Bezel

Copper Bezel
  • Administrator
  • 46776 posts

Posted 05 September 2011 - 11:35 PM

Tee-hee. Thanks. = )

And thanks for the clarification. I'll take note of that area with the next one.

#15 WorkbenchManiac

WorkbenchManiac

Clever Girl

• Citizen
  • 1784 posts

Posted 08 September 2011 - 10:34 PM

I have no clue who this guy is, so I have to assume he was sent from the future to protect Apple Bloom so she can grow up into the leader of a pony resistance group.

Found this image on a German message board and had to share it. I enjoy the juxtaposition of ponys and media that "traditionally" appeal to a male audience, like this grimdark cyberpunk whatshisface.

Seriously, who is that?

#16 Matenshi

Matenshi
  • Citizen
  • 288 posts

Posted 08 September 2011 - 10:40 PM

QUOTE(WorkbenchManiac @ Sep 8 2011, 08:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I have no clue who this guy is, so I have to assume he was sent from the future to protect Apple Bloom so she can grow up into the leader of a pony resistance group.

Found this image on a German message board and had to share it. I enjoy the juxtaposition of ponys and media that "traditionally" appeal to a male audience, like this grimdark cyberpunk whatshisface.

Seriously, who is that?

http://en.wikipedia....uman_Revolution

#17 Copper Bezel

Copper Bezel
  • Administrator
  • 46776 posts

Posted 10 September 2011 - 10:26 PM

Yeah, that's fun. I've had Prowl (Animated) posed cuddling your Opal for about a week or so. = )

Edited by Copper Bezel, 10 September 2011 - 10:27 PM.

#18 WorkbenchManiac

WorkbenchManiac

Clever Girl

• Citizen
  • 1784 posts

Posted 10 September 2011 - 11:59 PM

QUOTE(Matenshi @ Sep 8 2011, 10:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Oh, thanks.

I prefer my take on it, though icon-fire.gif

QUOTE(Copper Bezel @ Sep 10 2011, 10:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yeah, that's fun. I've had Prowl (Animated) posed cuddling your Opal for about a week or so. = )

Although Shockwave doesn?t approve of emotional affection for inconsequential equines.

#19 LoomX

LoomX

Go on, have a jump!

• Supporter
  • 478 posts
  • Faction::Vehicon

Posted 24 September 2011 - 06:23 AM

#20 WorkbenchManiac

WorkbenchManiac

Clever Girl

• Citizen
  • 1784 posts

Posted 25 September 2011 - 08:25 AM

Hehe, the only thing that would improve that picture further is a smoldering Torso of Starscream.

Reply to this topic

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: customs, custom, sculpture, figurines, miniatures

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users