Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  TheMightyMol... : (20 August 2019 - 04:10 AM)

Let me call on my friend Dr Rockso, the Rock 'n Roll Clown. (He does cocaine.)

@  Nutjob R/T : (20 August 2019 - 12:48 AM)

New crowdfunding project: We need to get enough nose candy for the Paramount execs to keep 'em up long enough to get DS9 squeezed out

@  TM2-Megatron : (19 August 2019 - 04:36 PM)

They're hideously cheap. I'm just glad some decision maker in the upper echelons stayed high as a kite for long enough for us to get TOS, TNG and TAS on blu-ray

@  Rycochet : (19 August 2019 - 04:16 PM)

Paramount are kinda cheap and Ds9 isn't popular enough for them to go all out on a remaster.

@  TM2-Megatron : (19 August 2019 - 03:37 PM)

Or hell, they could just shorten a season of Discovery by 2-3 episodes and that'd pay for the DS9 remaster in full (assuming the 8 to 8.5 million per episode for Discovery that was reported a while back is accurate)

@  TM2-Megatron : (19 August 2019 - 03:32 PM)

Redoing some of the more simple effects like phasers and transporters and whatnot (basically what they've already had practice doing for TNG)

@  TM2-Megatron : (19 August 2019 - 03:30 PM)

They could scan and rebuild the film elements, and then upscale the original CGI only (provided it still exists as separate footage)

@  Dekafox : (19 August 2019 - 02:33 PM)

Basically its in the same situation as DS9 IIRC with loss of models and how the CGI was applied to the existing footage.

@  Dekafox : (19 August 2019 - 02:32 PM)

Not gonna happen unless they recreate all the CGI from scratch, unfortunately. Or just upscale the broadcast masters, which would be basically pointless.

@  Maximus Ambus : (19 August 2019 - 02:16 PM)

Babylon 5 must come to Blu Ray.

@  MEDdMI : (19 August 2019 - 07:28 AM)

Even in the winter, he has to clear the roads of snow.

@  TheMightyMol... : (19 August 2019 - 03:46 AM)

His work is never done.

@  Pennpenn : (19 August 2019 - 03:06 AM)

Everyone quickly gets sick of flubbing the name and collectively agree to just call the combiner "Roadworks"

@  Sabrblade : (18 August 2019 - 09:34 PM)

For some reason, I've always wanted to see a "Menastator", all five Stunticons and all six Constructicons in an 11-piece combiner.

@  Maximus Ambus : (18 August 2019 - 01:35 PM)

Dunno what we'd call a Megatron combiner, we almost got a Megastator in IDW but nothing in Combiner Wars.

@  Paladin : (18 August 2019 - 01:30 PM)

somehow read that as "Megachronic." wonder if Decepticons get the munchies...

@  TheMightyMol... : (18 August 2019 - 11:30 AM)

Skywarp can barely form a coherent sentence half the time.

@  Maximus Ambus : (18 August 2019 - 11:24 AM)

If Cyclonus combines into Galvatronus, does Skywarp form Megatronic?

@  Pennpenn : (18 August 2019 - 09:12 AM)

There's something weird about starting to type Good Omens into a media store's search bar and having it come up with Queen's greatest hits compliations.

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (18 August 2019 - 12:07 AM)

Well then they need to re-release Vector Prime. :D Of course I would accept Vector Prime Headmaster with Alpha Trion as the head.

@  unluckiness : (18 August 2019 - 12:05 AM)

That said, the bendy sword is ridiculous.

@  unluckiness : (18 August 2019 - 12:05 AM)

I dunno, the old one is still pretty good by modern standards and the clunkiness is somewhat in-character.

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (17 August 2019 - 08:37 PM)

We need a new vector prime

@  Paladin : (17 August 2019 - 03:59 PM)

just don't leave Cybertron Vector Prime out in the sun or his wings will melt.

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (17 August 2019 - 03:17 PM)

@Nevermore Duly noted.

@  Rycochet : (17 August 2019 - 02:12 PM)

I have three Cybertron Vector Primes, wouldn't throw them around though. I love that design too much,

@  TheMightyMol... : (17 August 2019 - 02:03 PM)

I'm just picturing someone throwing a pile of Vector Prime toys around. I don't know why.

@  Rycochet : (17 August 2019 - 01:42 PM)

Multi Vector Assault mode is what they go into when they think anyone's even slightly infringing on their IP.

@  Ashley : (17 August 2019 - 02:30 AM)

They MIGHT have done it for Star Trek Online ships, but even if they have that'd be a fairly specific category.

@  Tieria Prime : (17 August 2019 - 02:11 AM)

Hi friends

@  Nevermore : (17 August 2019 - 02:05 AM)

So only if Viacom/Paramount has actively trademarked the term "multi-vector assault mode", offered goods or services under that name and has been offering those goods and services in recent years, Hasbro cannot offer goods or services under that name in the same category.

@  Nevermore : (17 August 2019 - 02:04 AM)

And they need to be consistently used on top of that.

@  Nevermore : (17 August 2019 - 02:03 AM)

Even if they are trademarked.

@  Nevermore : (17 August 2019 - 02:02 AM)

Words and terms used in dialogue shouldn't be affected.

@  Nevermore : (17 August 2019 - 02:02 AM)

Also, the trademarks only apply in commerce. You use them to identify goods and services.

@  Ashley : (16 August 2019 - 11:55 PM)

Yeah, you also need to apply for it. They might've never bothered to trademark that.

@  NotVeryKnightly : (16 August 2019 - 08:37 PM)

Trademark affects titles and product names, not every word in writing. For example, DC called their character "Captain Marvel" as recently as 2014.

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (16 August 2019 - 08:30 PM)

You missed my point. I was addressing the usage of the phrase in dialogue. Hence the quotation marks.

@  Pennpenn : (16 August 2019 - 08:00 PM)

Well, they can anyway, they might just not be able to call it that...

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (16 August 2019 - 06:54 PM)

It would be awesome for Transformers to have the likes of Overlord and Sky Lynx "engage multi-vector assault mode!"

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (16 August 2019 - 06:53 PM)

It is a shame that "multi-vector assault mode" is probably trademarked for Star Trek.

@  unluckiness : (15 August 2019 - 10:54 PM)

Only if they manage to boomer-proof it

@  RichardT1977 : (15 August 2019 - 08:16 PM)

(and would that really be a bad thing?)

@  RichardT1977 : (15 August 2019 - 08:16 PM)

Wouldn't a cybernetic singularity actually remove one or more of the top levels of Maslow's hierarchy?

@  Steevy Maximus : (15 August 2019 - 07:40 PM)

Tomy made some strange selections on their first wave of Tomica releases for the US

@  TheMightyMol... : (15 August 2019 - 06:26 PM)

Resistance is futile.

@  wonko the sane? : (15 August 2019 - 06:20 PM)

I would be down for a nice cybernetic singularity if it meant we could actually reach the top of maslow's hierarchy.

@  Ashley : (15 August 2019 - 05:44 PM)

I'm pretty sure the origin of the villains in GaoGaiGar was a computer being told to reduce the stress of the population and it's answer was to assimilate everyone.

@  Maximus Ambus : (15 August 2019 - 01:53 PM)

Executions then followed by nano reanimation then cryonic suspension until everyone you know is deactivated for good so you can build happiness in a future society.

@  wonko the sane? : (15 August 2019 - 01:47 PM)

As opposed to the ones that lie already? As a civilization: we're emotional and socially broken. Might as well have the society that at least wants us to be "happy".

Photo
* * * * * 2 votes

Di. Di. Di. Digimon General. Digimon General.

2967 replies to this topic

#121 DeadPigmon

DeadPigmon
  • Supporter
  • 12338 posts

Posted 05 September 2011 - 10:17 PM

Managed to get Digimon world DS in the end. quite fun but yeah I can see how it can be grindy. I'm just about to go beat up BlackAgumon but I'm running around in circles trying get a lvl 13 Betamon and get a Seadramon.

#122 Tyranno

Tyranno

Let's not lose our heads

• Citizen
  • 35107 posts

Posted 06 September 2011 - 09:53 AM

Just wanted to ask, of the remaining Digimentals, which ones would you guys prefer the next Digimon Corner focuses on?

"Disabled people donít have special needs. We have very reasonable human needs. Our needs include freedom from abuse, violence, and mistreatment, the right to autonomy and self-direction, the right to represent ourselves, equal opportunity for education and employment, the right to accommodation, and societal inclusion and acceptance.

The need for accommodation isnít a ďspecial needĒ. Itís a basic human right. Itís a leveling of the playing field that allows us the same opportunities and chances as non-disabled people."

- Amethyst Schaber, http://neurowonderful.tumblr.com/

#123 Liege

Liege

Deathsaurus Rising

• Supporter
  • 4840 posts
  • Faction::Cannonball's Pirate Crew

Posted 06 September 2011 - 10:07 AM

The golden digimentals (Fate/Miracles).
QUOTE(NightViper @ Aug 3 2013, 02:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE(Escargon @ Aug 1 2013, 10:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
And Liege, you're words really have had an effect on me. It made me relise I've shouldn't care about what others think of me, I should only care about what I think of myself.

Liege is a small dude with a lot of wisdom.

Well one of those descriptive words is accurate I suppose!

3ds friend code: kyle 4141 2965 5460 pm me yours to add.

#124 Tyranno

Tyranno

Let's not lose our heads

• Citizen
  • 35107 posts

Posted 06 September 2011 - 10:09 AM

Eh.

Those are best saved for last.

"Disabled people donít have special needs. We have very reasonable human needs. Our needs include freedom from abuse, violence, and mistreatment, the right to autonomy and self-direction, the right to represent ourselves, equal opportunity for education and employment, the right to accommodation, and societal inclusion and acceptance.

The need for accommodation isnít a ďspecial needĒ. Itís a basic human right. Itís a leveling of the playing field that allows us the same opportunities and chances as non-disabled people."

#125 Eneon

Eneon
  • Citizen
  • 6166 posts
  • Faction::Maximal

Posted 06 September 2011 - 10:15 AM

QUOTE(Razorsaw @ Sep 6 2011, 10:53 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Just wanted to ask, of the remaining Digimentals, which ones would you guys prefer the next Digimon Corner focuses on?

I'm fine with going in order, so love next I guess?

Unless you want to move Kindness up.

#126 1stStageMidboss

1stStageMidboss
  • Citizen
  • 3268 posts

Posted 06 September 2011 - 10:19 AM

I think Knowledge, it does pretty well on holding a theme for most of the Digimon that come from it.
Twitter       Tumblr
Steam: Midboss
PSN: AWindfall

#127 Lancer

Lancer

I don't care

• Citizen
  • 24778 posts
  • Faction::Autobot

Posted 06 September 2011 - 10:21 AM

Knowledge or Purity, personally. (I'm only referring to it as Purity because Sincerity was the name of Joe's Crest in the original.)

Edited by Spinner, 06 September 2011 - 10:22 AM.

#128 Tyranno

Tyranno

Let's not lose our heads

• Citizen
  • 35107 posts

Posted 06 September 2011 - 10:34 AM

Actually, Jyou's crest can be translated at least five different ways.

Reliability is a valid one, as is Faith and Sincerity.

#129 Lancer

Lancer

I don't care

• Citizen
  • 24778 posts
  • Faction::Autobot

Posted 06 September 2011 - 10:51 AM

What are the other two ones?

#130 Tyranno

Tyranno

Let's not lose our heads

• Citizen
  • 35107 posts

Posted 06 September 2011 - 11:06 AM

I was embelishing. It's just those three.

#131 NovaSaber

NovaSaber

Soundwave is colorblind

• Citizen
  • 5765 posts
  • Faction::RIBFIR

Posted 06 September 2011 - 12:38 PM

QUOTE(Razorsaw @ Sep 4 2011, 11:00 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Stegomon

ARGH.

You know, despite the fact that Stegomon continues to throw this "theme" into absolute disarray, it really feels like Stegomon and Sepikmon should be switched around in regards to which digimon they evolve from.

Especially considering Armadillomon's natural Champion is Ankylomon.

QUOTE(Razorsaw @ Sep 6 2011, 10:34 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Actually, Jyou's crest can be translated at least five different ways.

Reliability is a valid one, as is Faith and Sincerity.

Reliability is probably the best out of those three, actually.

Sincerity is a valid direct translation of the word itself, but probably not the word any English speaker would use to describe the concept. (Which is pretty well demonstrated by Sincerity being the dub name for Mimi's crest. And by the episode where Cody had to lie to get the Digimental of Reliability.)

Technically the Japanese crest names are adjectives rather than nouns, but every translator, official or otherwise, consistently goes with nouns because "Crest of Friendship" sounds a lot better in English than "Friendly Crest". So, the name of Jyou's crest can be translated as Reliable, Faithful, or Sincere, and then turned into the appropriate noun, and my point is this: a fair number of people think it's Faith because that's what Megchan started calling it when she decided to avoid the confusion of calling it Sincerity (but it just caused more confusion because it made people think it had something to do with "faith" as in "belief"), but she actually made a mistake; the appropriate noun for "Faithful" here would be "Faithfulness", not "Faith".

#132 (Deactivated) BB Shockwave

(Deactivated) BB Shockwave
  • Guests

Posted 06 September 2011 - 12:50 PM

The "transforming" Digimon toy are awesome, I have seen youtube reviews of most of them. Sadly, they are darn rare... and expensive. I have seen one at a flea market, but horribly mutilated. Maybe it's for the best, because this is another toyline I could collect to no end...

Speaking of which, was there ever a "miniature" toyline from Digimon? You know, like the "blindpack" Pokemon toys I see everywhere in Europe.

#133 Eneon

Eneon
  • Citizen
  • 6166 posts

Posted 06 September 2011 - 01:06 PM

QUOTE(BB Shockwave @ Sep 6 2011, 01:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Speaking of which, was there ever a "miniature" toyline from Digimon? You know, like the "blindpack" Pokemon toys I see everywhere in Europe.

There was one for the Bandai of America lines at least.
I'm not totally clear on the situation, but I think they were kind of a mix of stuff from Japan.

I have dozens of them, and I used to trade them with friends.

If there was a GOOD modern version of them I'd buy them all up. It is a good way to have physical versions of digimon that are likely never going to have fully featured figures.

Edited by Silent_Magnus, 06 September 2011 - 01:06 PM.

#134 Tyranno

Tyranno

Let's not lose our heads

• Citizen
  • 35107 posts

Posted 06 September 2011 - 01:08 PM

All five seasons released miniature figures. Plus Frontier had a 3.75 scale line of figures of past and season 4 digimon as well.

And I see, Nova. Thanks. I'm gonna call it the Crest of Reliability from now on then.

EDIT: I never get tired of this bit.

(Xros Wars spoilers)

Edited by Razorsaw, 06 September 2011 - 01:14 PM.

#135 Liege

Liege

Deathsaurus Rising

• Supporter
  • 4840 posts
  • Location:Providence RI (Formerly Pittsburgh PA &amp; Wales UK)
  • Faction::Cannonball's Pirate Crew

Posted 06 September 2011 - 01:29 PM

The transforming Digimon toys really aren't that great; my brother and I had quite a number of them when we were younger and they had a lot of problems ranging from a lot of kibble, loose joints and some really awkward proportions on some.

From memory we had (along with a mini review of each, keep in mind it's been a while since I handled them):
Greymon to Metalgreymon: really kinda dumpy and fat in both modes and Metalgreymon mode was pretty half-assed.
Garurumon to Weregarurumon: Not bad but not great.
Birdramon to Garudamon: Birdramon mode was terrible and there were a lot of loose parts too.
Kabuterimon to MegaKabuterimon: Great looking in MegaKabuterimon mode but poor articulation and Kabuterimon mode was awful due to the fact you could see all of the other mode on it's back.
Patamon to Angemon: very good as long as you don't mind the giant patamon eyes on the back of the angel wings. The joints were also very tight on mine and didn't allow much arm movement.
Agumon to Wargreymon: Very nice looking toy but so much kibble restricting the articulation. Also very loose, which wasn't a problem with the Blackwargreymon I had strangely enough.
Flamedramon: UGH. Really hollow and fragile, it broke a day after we opened it.
Raidramon: DOUBLE UGH. The armor pieces were not very solid.
Shurimon:The armor digimon really didn't transfer to toy form well incase you haven't guessed by now.
Halsemon: Umm, it's digimental form was pretty screen accurate?
Magnamon: An armor digimon toy that didn't suck! Hooray! A very nice toy, almost perfect except for it's GINORMOUS shoulder pads that blocked arm movement, but with that design there really wasn't much they could do with that.
XVmon/Stingmon to Paildramon: Oh dear. So much kibble and really unconvincing in its two champion/adult forms, I could also never get the chest compartment to fully close in XVmon mode. Paildramon mode was ok but so much kibble that was loose and easy to lose kind of ruined it.
Imperialdramon DM/FM: The best Digimon toy I had, great in both modes. No complaints.
QUOTE(NightViper @ Aug 3 2013, 02:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE(Escargon @ Aug 1 2013, 10:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
And Liege, you're words really have had an effect on me. It made me relise I've shouldn't care about what others think of me, I should only care about what I think of myself.

Liege is a small dude with a lot of wisdom.

Well one of those descriptive words is accurate I suppose!

3ds friend code: kyle 4141 2965 5460 pm me yours to add.

#136 Eneon

Eneon
  • Citizen
  • 6166 posts

Posted 06 September 2011 - 01:39 PM

Out of the ones I had Agumon/War Greymon, Imperialdramon DM/FM, and Guardromon/Andromon were my favorite.

I had most of the Adventure ones besides Patamon, most of the armor ones from the second season besides V-mon's, and for Tamers I had the previously mentioned Guardromon and a Guilmon/"Gallantmon".

edit: I'd really like to see some galleries or reviews of the Japanese Zero Two Digimental guys.
The way they work is basically how I wanted the American ones to work.

Edited by Silent_Magnus, 06 September 2011 - 01:41 PM.

#137 1stStageMidboss

1stStageMidboss
  • Citizen
  • 3268 posts

Posted 06 September 2011 - 01:40 PM

I remember liking the Gatomon/Aquilamon/Sylphymon toy as a kid, but I have no idea why because it was so bad. I know the original Japanese Armour toys were much better - were the Japanese molds used for the DNA Digivolving toys too, or were they also new creations?
Twitter       Tumblr
Steam: Midboss
PSN: AWindfall

#138 Eneon

Eneon
  • Citizen
  • 6166 posts

Posted 06 September 2011 - 01:44 PM

QUOTE(Amadeus Windfall @ Sep 6 2011, 02:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I remember liking the Gatomon/Aquilamon/Sylphymon toy as a kid, but I have no idea why because it was so bad. I know the original Japanese Armour toys were much better - were the Japanese molds used for the DNA Digivolving toys too, or were they also new creations?

I know the Japanese Paildramon toy was a combiner.

edit: Oh found some youtube reviews for the Japanese armor toys. They weren't there last time I checked.

Edited by Silent_Magnus, 06 September 2011 - 01:48 PM.

#139 AnkhChalice

AnkhChalice
  • Citizen
  • 1565 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 06 September 2011 - 01:54 PM

I had a few Digimon toys as a kid, I wish I still had them. My Digimon favorite toy was the D3 Digivice, mine was in Yolei's colors.

#140 Tyranno

Tyranno

Let's not lose our heads

• Citizen
  • 35107 posts

Posted 06 September 2011 - 02:04 PM

By popular vote, the next Digimental to be covered in Digimon Corner is the Digimental of Knowledge, based on Koushirou Izumi's (Izzy) Crest of Knowledge. After the hurricane of confusion that was the Digimental of Friendship, this one has a really nice, consistent theme to it.

Much like Tentomon and Kabuterimon, digimon who use this Digimental gain the attribute of Earth and become Insect digimon.

"Digmon, the Drill of Knowledge!"/"Digmon, Steel Knowledge!"

He used to say the Drill of Power, but this made him seem smarter.

Digmon is the Armor Evolved form of Armadimon with the Digimental of Knowledge, and was used for much of Digimon Adventure 02. His series may not be my favorite one, but Digmon definitely ranks as one of my favorite digimon. His appearance is based off of that of a boll weevil merged with excavation equipment. Digmon is said to have absolute control over the Earth, and fires his drills like missiles as part of his "Gold Rush" technique. He can also create a large chasm with "Big Crack", and has a third attack called "Titan Drill" which has never been used in anything.

Outside of Adventure 02, Digmon had a notable appearance in a miniature arc of Digimon Savers where he was recast as a Perfect digimon and evolved from Drimogemon. Interestingly enough, Drimogemon and Digmon are stated to be rivals in Digmon's Bandai profile. Digmon also makes a NPC appearance in Digimon World 3.

Honeybeemon

HoneyBeemon, the Knowledge Armor Evolved form of V-mon. He's small and his attack power is low, but his speed is quite high, making it possible for him to quickly maneuver around sting his opponents with his needle, which causes paralysis ("Paralyze Stinger"). He can also lease poisonous powder from his wings ("Poison Powder"). Several HoneyBeemon made appearances in Digimon Frontier as Ranamon, and later Izumi (Zoe's), personal fan club. They later show up again as Zamielmon's subordinates in Digimon Xros Wars.

Searchmon

Searchmon, who evolves from Wormmon. Searchmon was at the top of my list of digimon I wanted to see in the anime, and after his minor appearance in Xros Wars, he's at the top of my list of digimon I want to show up and actually do something. Aside from that, Searchmon is a digimon who gathers data, and can track enemies with the radar on his back. His "Jamming Hertz" technique allows him to disorient the enemy with electromagnetic waves.

FlyBeemon

FlyBeemon evolves from Hawkmon. FlyBeemon is a vicious digimon that appears when large amounts of Kunemon gather together. Its movements are incredibly fast, and it is skilled at quick assassinations. His stinger is poisonous ("Poison Stinger") and can be fired off like a bullet. Furthermore, he can also release electricity from his tail ("Fly Spark"). FlyBeemon appeared in Digimon Tamers, where three of them served as adversaries for Renamon, and then as Zamielmon's underlings in Digimon Xros Wars.

Mothmon

Mothmon, who evolves from Patamon. Like most of Patamon's evolved forms, don't let its cute appearance fool you. He appears when other Insect digimon gather, and his temperament is rather rough and he is highly aggressive. His wings release a phosphorous powder as part of his "Gauss Powder" technique, which endangers all who come into contact with it. That same power is released from his "Morphon Gattling", the gun mounted on his tail. It can release 100 bullets per second, according to his profile. Sadly, for something so cool (MOTHMON IS A MOTH WITH A GUN ON HIS BUTT. DAMMIT TOEI. ANIMATE THIS.), Morphmon hasn't appeared in much outside of the card game.

Butterflymon

Last but not least, we come to Butterflymon, Tailmon's evolution with the Digimental of Knowledge. Just as with Pegasmon (Pegasusmon) and Nefertimon, Patamon and Tailmon's evolutions are Spear Counterparts to one another. However, unlike Mothmon, Butterflymon is (surprisingly, with those claws) a digimon who hates to fight. Butterflymon also appears with other Insect digimon, and frequents flower gardens with moderate climates. Because she'd rather make friends than fight, she uses her "Sweet Pheremone" technique to disorient and spellbind the enemy into not attacking. Like Mothmon, Butterflymon has not appeared outside of the card game.

There you have it, the Digimental of Knowledge and everyone connected to it. Insect digimon are some of my favorite digimon, so I'm a big fan of all of these guys. Next time, we'll be looking at those who fly on the Wings of Love... and a demonic pig dragon thing, for some reason.

Edited by Razorsaw, 07 September 2011 - 12:04 PM.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users