Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  TheMightyMol... : (22 August 2019 - 07:13 PM)

AK AK AKAKAK

@  RichardT1977 : (22 August 2019 - 07:08 PM)

He's a MARTIAN!

@  Maximus Ambus : (22 August 2019 - 02:35 AM)

No changes with me. To life immortal.

@  PlutoniumBoss : (21 August 2019 - 01:13 PM)

A French version named Eht Reht. Oh wait...

@  wonko the sane? : (21 August 2019 - 11:07 AM)

The most dangerous words in the english language: "I have money..."...

@  TheMightyMol... : (21 August 2019 - 04:43 AM)

Zombie version, Hot Rot.

@  PlutoniumBoss : (21 August 2019 - 01:58 AM)

A chef version named Hot Pot.

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (21 August 2019 - 01:57 AM)

Does that hold true for the accent of any British Allsparkers here?

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (21 August 2019 - 01:56 AM)

I was reading some GoBots + Transformers discussion on Twitter and saw a British user point out that "BuggyMan" can sound like "boogeyman".

@  Otaku : (20 August 2019 - 11:28 PM)

@Sabrblade Part of me wishes I had purchased the coffee cup with that comic when it was for sale.  The rest of me knows I didn't have the money for it. XD

@  Sabrblade : (20 August 2019 - 07:59 PM)

That's the Superdeformers version. He uses the MacGuffix to warm up his coffee.

@  TheMightyMol... : (20 August 2019 - 07:56 PM)

A bodybuilder version named Hot Bod.

@  unluckiness : (20 August 2019 - 07:43 PM)

A psychedelic-colored repaint named Pot Rod

@  Sean Whitmore : (20 August 2019 - 07:42 PM)

Runner-up dumb idea: A Bizarro-like clone of Hot Rod named Not Rod.

@  RichardT1977 : (20 August 2019 - 06:25 PM)

One of the dumbest TF ideas I ever had: Hot Rod (by whatever means) produces a son, who is named "Go-Cart".

@  TM2-Megatron : (20 August 2019 - 06:06 PM)

In its current form, DS9 is eventually going to fade from the public consciousness. Even on modern top-of-the-line displays, those old SD masters look like trash, and there's only so long younger generations will be able to stomach them. I can only imagine how they'll look when everyone has ultra-short throw projectors casting 120" images on their walls

@  TM2-Megatron : (20 August 2019 - 06:05 PM)

It's definitely offputting, but Trek is one property I'd be willing to hold my nose and open my wallet for. I care far more about DS9 being available in the long-term, and for future generations, than my distaste for corporate greed

@  Rycochet : (20 August 2019 - 05:39 PM)

'Pay up now and fund this remaster we'll be able to profit from for decades, as this will be your only chance to get that show you like on BluRay... Until the superdeluxe re-release with even more stuff and a metal box.'

@  Rycochet : (20 August 2019 - 05:14 PM)

Stuff they're intending to remaster anyway for their streaming service would become crowdfunding projects.

@  Rycochet : (20 August 2019 - 05:09 PM)

I love DS9, but there is something offputting about giving money direct to Viacom for a project like this, probably because it would set a bad precedent. Given how moneygrubbing they are, it would quickly become their go-to solution for any old show they want remastered rather than dipping their hands in their own deep pockets.

@  TM2-Megatron : (20 August 2019 - 02:48 PM)

A crowdfunding probably wouldn't be that outrageous. The DS9 Documentary "What We Left Behind" that was recently released on blu-ray managed to raise nearly $650,000 on IndieGoGo. Imagine how much fans might contribute if it were guaranteed the remaster would happen provided the goal was reached.

@  TheMightyMol... : (20 August 2019 - 04:10 AM)

Let me call on my friend Dr Rockso, the Rock 'n Roll Clown. (He does cocaine.)

@  Nutjob R/T : (20 August 2019 - 12:48 AM)

New crowdfunding project: We need to get enough nose candy for the Paramount execs to keep 'em up long enough to get DS9 squeezed out

@  TM2-Megatron : (19 August 2019 - 04:36 PM)

They're hideously cheap. I'm just glad some decision maker in the upper echelons stayed high as a kite for long enough for us to get TOS, TNG and TAS on blu-ray

@  Rycochet : (19 August 2019 - 04:16 PM)

Paramount are kinda cheap and Ds9 isn't popular enough for them to go all out on a remaster.

@  TM2-Megatron : (19 August 2019 - 03:37 PM)

Or hell, they could just shorten a season of Discovery by 2-3 episodes and that'd pay for the DS9 remaster in full (assuming the 8 to 8.5 million per episode for Discovery that was reported a while back is accurate)

@  TM2-Megatron : (19 August 2019 - 03:32 PM)

Redoing some of the more simple effects like phasers and transporters and whatnot (basically what they've already had practice doing for TNG)

@  TM2-Megatron : (19 August 2019 - 03:30 PM)

They could scan and rebuild the film elements, and then upscale the original CGI only (provided it still exists as separate footage)

@  Dekafox : (19 August 2019 - 02:33 PM)

Basically its in the same situation as DS9 IIRC with loss of models and how the CGI was applied to the existing footage.

@  Dekafox : (19 August 2019 - 02:32 PM)

Not gonna happen unless they recreate all the CGI from scratch, unfortunately. Or just upscale the broadcast masters, which would be basically pointless.

@  Maximus Ambus : (19 August 2019 - 02:16 PM)

Babylon 5 must come to Blu Ray.

@  MEDdMI : (19 August 2019 - 07:28 AM)

Even in the winter, he has to clear the roads of snow.

@  TheMightyMol... : (19 August 2019 - 03:46 AM)

His work is never done.

@  Pennpenn : (19 August 2019 - 03:06 AM)

Everyone quickly gets sick of flubbing the name and collectively agree to just call the combiner "Roadworks"

@  Sabrblade : (18 August 2019 - 09:34 PM)

For some reason, I've always wanted to see a "Menastator", all five Stunticons and all six Constructicons in an 11-piece combiner.

@  Maximus Ambus : (18 August 2019 - 01:35 PM)

Dunno what we'd call a Megatron combiner, we almost got a Megastator in IDW but nothing in Combiner Wars.

@  Paladin : (18 August 2019 - 01:30 PM)

somehow read that as "Megachronic." wonder if Decepticons get the munchies...

@  TheMightyMol... : (18 August 2019 - 11:30 AM)

Skywarp can barely form a coherent sentence half the time.

@  Maximus Ambus : (18 August 2019 - 11:24 AM)

If Cyclonus combines into Galvatronus, does Skywarp form Megatronic?

@  Pennpenn : (18 August 2019 - 09:12 AM)

There's something weird about starting to type Good Omens into a media store's search bar and having it come up with Queen's greatest hits compliations.

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (18 August 2019 - 12:07 AM)

Well then they need to re-release Vector Prime. :D Of course I would accept Vector Prime Headmaster with Alpha Trion as the head.

@  unluckiness : (18 August 2019 - 12:05 AM)

That said, the bendy sword is ridiculous.

@  unluckiness : (18 August 2019 - 12:05 AM)

I dunno, the old one is still pretty good by modern standards and the clunkiness is somewhat in-character.

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (17 August 2019 - 08:37 PM)

We need a new vector prime

@  Paladin : (17 August 2019 - 03:59 PM)

just don't leave Cybertron Vector Prime out in the sun or his wings will melt.

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (17 August 2019 - 03:17 PM)

@Nevermore Duly noted.

@  Rycochet : (17 August 2019 - 02:12 PM)

I have three Cybertron Vector Primes, wouldn't throw them around though. I love that design too much,

@  TheMightyMol... : (17 August 2019 - 02:03 PM)

I'm just picturing someone throwing a pile of Vector Prime toys around. I don't know why.

@  Rycochet : (17 August 2019 - 01:42 PM)

Multi Vector Assault mode is what they go into when they think anyone's even slightly infringing on their IP.

@  Ashley : (17 August 2019 - 02:30 AM)

They MIGHT have done it for Star Trek Online ships, but even if they have that'd be a fairly specific category.

Photo
* * * * * 2 votes

Di. Di. Di. Digimon General. Digimon General.

2967 replies to this topic

#61 Tyranno

Tyranno

Let's not lose our heads

• Citizen
  • 35111 posts

Posted 03 September 2011 - 11:41 AM

QUOTE(Mugen no Ken @ Sep 3 2011, 04:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
One thing I'll note on the first Digimon World DS is that its really easy after a point. Once I was able to get RizeGreymon on my Agumon I pretty much walked through everything in the game.

Did you finish it? I remember a significant difficulty spike.

"Disabled people donít have special needs. We have very reasonable human needs. Our needs include freedom from abuse, violence, and mistreatment, the right to autonomy and self-direction, the right to represent ourselves, equal opportunity for education and employment, the right to accommodation, and societal inclusion and acceptance.

The need for accommodation isnít a ďspecial needĒ. Itís a basic human right. Itís a leveling of the playing field that allows us the same opportunities and chances as non-disabled people."

- Amethyst Schaber, http://neurowonderful.tumblr.com/

#62 Mugen no Ken

Mugen no Ken

ROCKET DRILL SPACE KIIIIIIICK!

• Citizen
  • 1477 posts
  • Faction::Cannonball's Pirate Crew

Posted 03 September 2011 - 11:51 AM

QUOTE(Razorsaw @ Sep 3 2011, 12:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE(Mugen no Ken @ Sep 3 2011, 04:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
One thing I'll note on the first Digimon World DS is that its really easy after a point. Once I was able to get RizeGreymon on my Agumon I pretty much walked through everything in the game.

Did you finish it? I remember a significant difficulty spike.

"walked through everything in the game" pretty distinctly indicates EVERYTHING. icon-waspy.gif

I don't think I'd have been saying something like that had I not?

Edited by Mugen no Ken, 03 September 2011 - 11:51 AM.

*Twitter
*City of Heroes Global Name: @MugenNoKen
*AIM Username: Infinity Greymon
*Xbox Live Gamertag: kenkabanchou

#63 Tyranno

Tyranno

Let's not lose our heads

• Citizen
  • 35111 posts

Posted 03 September 2011 - 11:52 AM

Really? Even Chronomon?

Man. Maybe I just suck.

"Disabled people donít have special needs. We have very reasonable human needs. Our needs include freedom from abuse, violence, and mistreatment, the right to autonomy and self-direction, the right to represent ourselves, equal opportunity for education and employment, the right to accommodation, and societal inclusion and acceptance.

The need for accommodation isnít a ďspecial needĒ. Itís a basic human right. Itís a leveling of the playing field that allows us the same opportunities and chances as non-disabled people."

#64 Mugen no Ken

Mugen no Ken

• Citizen
  • 1477 posts

Posted 03 September 2011 - 11:53 AM

"Everything" = Everything.

Chronomon was easy.
*Twitter

#65 Tyranno

Tyranno

Let's not lose our heads

• Citizen
  • 35111 posts

Posted 03 September 2011 - 11:53 AM

Maybe I'm remembering the wrong game.

#66 1stStageMidboss

1stStageMidboss
  • Citizen
  • 3268 posts

Posted 03 September 2011 - 11:55 AM

Aren't the DS games full of grinding? Having that impression and having to go through the minor effort of importing (why did they never come here?) is why I've not got one of them.

Edited by Amadeus Windfall, 03 September 2011 - 11:58 AM.

Twitter       Tumblr
Steam: Midboss
PSN: AWindfall

#67 Tyranno

Tyranno

Let's not lose our heads

• Citizen
  • 35111 posts

Posted 03 September 2011 - 11:59 AM

They have lots of grinding, yes.

#68 Mugen no Ken

Mugen no Ken

• Citizen
  • 1477 posts

Posted 03 September 2011 - 11:59 AM

Digimon World Data Squad had a bit of a better difficulty spike. Still not overbearingly hard (really, it was just a matter of powering up Masaru's RizeGreymon/ShineGreymon to ungodly levels and laying waste to everything in any given battle while Lilamon/Rosemon healed), or really that hard at ALL, but at least Lucemon Satan Mode wasn't a COMPLETE pushover.

Mind you, I only took the time to get the basic Ultimate forms of the main three (ShineGreymon, MirageGaogamon, and Rosemon) and never any of the extra Ultimates. Had I taken the time to power them up significantly more, even Lucemon SM would have probably fell pretty easy.
*Twitter

#69 TM2-Megatron

TM2-Megatron
  • Supporter
  • 10640 posts
  • Faction::Equestrian

Posted 03 September 2011 - 12:24 PM

The GBA Digimon games were Wonderswan ports. It's a shame they didn't also port the earlier ones. I have a Wonderswan and the games, but it would've been nice to have them in English.

#70 Liege

Liege

Deathsaurus Rising

• Supporter
  • 4840 posts
  • Location:Providence RI (Formerly Pittsburgh PA &amp; Wales UK)

Posted 03 September 2011 - 02:42 PM

I had Digimon Dusk on the DS for a while. I liked it for the most part, although I was annoyed that I couldn't get certain creatures like Imperialdramon without the Dawn version.
QUOTE(NightViper @ Aug 3 2013, 02:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE(Escargon @ Aug 1 2013, 10:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
And Liege, you're words really have had an effect on me. It made me relise I've shouldn't care about what others think of me, I should only care about what I think of myself.

Liege is a small dude with a lot of wisdom.

Well one of those descriptive words is accurate I suppose!

3ds friend code: kyle 4141 2965 5460 pm me yours to add.

#71 Eneon

Eneon
  • Citizen
  • 6166 posts
  • Faction::Maximal

Posted 03 September 2011 - 05:56 PM

QUOTE(Liege @ Sep 3 2011, 03:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I had Digimon Dusk on the DS for a while. I liked it for the most part, although I was annoyed that I couldn't get certain creatures like Imperialdramon without the Dawn version.

Heh, I was a good way into Super Xros Wars Blue before I found out my favorite Digimon(Ulforce V-Dramon) was exclusive to the other version.
I'm not too upset. There are enough "Victory Dragons" in the game to satisfy me, and it gives me a reason to buy Red in English if it ever comes out here.

Still, splitting the Royal Knights up is a jerk move.

#72 Liege

Liege

Deathsaurus Rising

• Supporter
  • 4840 posts
  • Location:Providence RI (Formerly Pittsburgh PA &amp; Wales UK)

Posted 03 September 2011 - 06:44 PM

I also wasn't impressed with the graphics in the DS games, I was hoping for something akin to the PS2 games not the GBA games.
QUOTE(NightViper @ Aug 3 2013, 02:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE(Escargon @ Aug 1 2013, 10:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
And Liege, you're words really have had an effect on me. It made me relise I've shouldn't care about what others think of me, I should only care about what I think of myself.

Liege is a small dude with a lot of wisdom.

Well one of those descriptive words is accurate I suppose!

3ds friend code: kyle 4141 2965 5460 pm me yours to add.

#73 Tyranno

Tyranno

Let's not lose our heads

• Citizen
  • 35111 posts

Posted 04 September 2011 - 09:57 AM

This week's new fan-made digimon winner: Footmon

#74 Eneon

Eneon
  • Citizen
  • 6166 posts

Posted 04 September 2011 - 10:46 AM

Why did they give him 'Bub's head?

I sometimes wonder how the kids feel about the slight redesigns they do.

#75 Paladin

Paladin

Have Zord, Will Travel

• Citizen
  • 12065 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 04 September 2011 - 10:55 AM

Is there any particular reason why most Digimon merchandise is incredibly overpriced nowadays?

I know a lot of the stuff is hard to find (particularly the Japanese versions everyone considers superior) but I don't think any other franchise has a markup rate like Digimon toys.
Stuff for sale; every little bit helps. :) https://www.allspark.com/forums/topic/143212-for-sale-3p-mp-potp-super-sentai-stuff TWITTER: Paladin4221

#76 Tyranno

Tyranno

Let's not lose our heads

• Citizen
  • 35111 posts

Posted 04 September 2011 - 11:00 AM

Today's Digimon Corner continues our look at Armor Evolution. Today we'll be focusing on the Digimental of Friendship, the second Digimental to be used by Daisuke and V-mon in Digimon Adventure 02.

The Digimental of Friendship of course shares the same name as the crest attributed to Yamato Ishida (Matt) from the first series. As for the theme of this Digimental, well... erm, read on.

Lighdramon, the Storm of Friendship!

Lighdramon first appeared in the middle of Adventure 02's Digimon Kaiser arc, helping to stop Taichi's MetalGreymon, who was under the control of the aforementioned villain. Lighdramon is called Raidramon in the dub (erroneously pronounced "Ray-dramon"), and that is actually an acceptable romanization of his Japanese name as well. His attacks are "Blue Thunder," "Electric Bite", and "Lightning Blade."

Lighdramon's profile states that those who equip the Digimental of Friendship gain the "thunder" attribute and quick movement. Well, so far so good on that front, we can see how it clearly applies here. Let's continue to those who weren't shown in the anime...

Rinkmon

Rinkmon, the Armor Evolved form of Hawkmon with this Digimental. Rinkmon is a Cyborg Digimon who can move at 98 % the speed of light, making him one of the fastest digimon in the Digital World. His attacks are "Spinning Cutter" and "Quadruple Storm." Rinkmon's name is actually one of those "clever" Japanese puns... due to the usual "L" and "R" issues, it's both a reference to a skating rink and to Jet Link of Cyborg 009 fame, whom Rinkmon is obviously visually based on. Sadly, Rinkmon has never appeared in anything outside the card game.

Okay, so far so good. Rinkmon's fast, he has an attack with the name "storm" in it... let's see what Wormmon's Friendship Armor Evolution is like.

Togemogumon

What.

No, I mean, seriously, what? I love Togemogumon, it's one of my favorite digimon, but it's where the digimon for the Friendship Digimental start to go off the rails. As you can see, it's a porcupine based digimon, with ice crystals for quills. Its attacks are "Crystal Guard" and "Hail Machine Gun", the latter of which involves firing its crystal quills like missiles. Togemugomon has appeared in Digimon Xros Wars and sadly not much else.

A rather cool and cute digimon to be sure, but not quite what you'd expect. Maybe Armadimon's evolution will be closer to what we might expect.

Sepikmon

... Huh.

Sepikmon is named after the Sepik river in Papua New Guinea, where Aboriginal people live. He wears a mask that allows him to converse with the souls of the deceased, and wields a boomerang that's guided by a mystical power. Sepikmon appeared in the first Digimon Tamers movie, Digimon Frontier, and Digimon Savers. He's also appeared in Digimon World 3.

Next up is Patamon. Maybe it can give us some sense of cohesion for this group...

Stegomon

ARGH.

You know, despite the fact that Stegomon continues to throw this "theme" into absolute disarray, it really feels like Stegomon and Sepikmon should be switched around in regards to which digimon they evolve from.

Nevertheless, Stegomon is, as you can see, a Dinosaur digimon. The blades on his back provide him with a wide defense, and he can launch them from his back as part of his "Shell Needle Rain" attack. He can also spin around like Sonic the Hedgehog, cutting enemies with his blades ("Guillotine Wheel"). Stegomon's most notable appearance has been as BioStegomon in Digimon Savers, where he served as the digimon form of Kurata's minion, Ivan, a Bio Hybrid who had the ability to transform into a digimon.

Bitmon

Bitmon is Tailmon's evolution with the Digimental of Friendship. Her American name is Rabbitmon. Bitmon's armor is formed from hardened minerals, and she has the nickname of "the Fossil Collector", as she spends her time digging for fossils and relics. Her attacks are Ear Lancer and Carrot Bomb. Bitmon has appeared in the Frontier movie and Xros Wars in minor roles.

Now, just as they did with Courage, new Friendship Armor Evolutions were added after 02 was ended. Let's take a look...

Thunderbirmon

Okay, now this is more like it. That's a bit more like Lighdramon, isn't it? Thunderbirmon's profile states that he evolves from Gotsumon or Impmon. A bit random, but not like a cat evolving into a rabbit isn't, right? Thunderbirmon can summon clouds by roaring, and his "Thunder Storm" attack creates a wave of wind and electricity with the flapping of his wings. Thunderbirmon appeared as the digimon form of Kouki, one of Kurata's Bio-Hybrids, in Digimon Savers and made a minor appearance in Digimon Xros Wars.

Yeah, I feel pretty good about this! Let's look at the next one, let's see if he keeps up the trend!

Kenkimon

I give up.

Kenkimon is stated to be the Armor evolved form of Solarmon, a Hagurumon recolor, in his profile. One of his arms is a forklift, and the other a bulldozer. Kenkimon charges himself up with the electric plug on his tail, and can be used for construction, mining, paving or demolitions. Kenkimon also appeared in all three Digimon World DS games.

So there you have it. The Digimental of Friendship and the digimon that evolve using it. They may not have much conceptual unity, but all of them are rather cool to be sure. And in the end, isn't that what really matters?

Edited by Razorsaw, 07 September 2011 - 11:59 AM.

#77 Lizard King

Lizard King

I burned out my eyes, I cut off my tounge.

• Citizen
  • 9610 posts

Posted 04 September 2011 - 11:16 AM

So, if I LOVED season three of Digimon as a child, are there any seasons after that that are worth watching?

#78 Eneon

Eneon
  • Citizen
  • 6166 posts

Posted 04 September 2011 - 12:20 PM

Always preferred Lighdramon to Fladramon. Before Qinglongmon/Azulongmon was introduced in the show I thought he might be some weird evolution of Lighdramon.

QUOTE(Lizard King @ Sep 4 2011, 12:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
So, if I LOVED season three of Digimon as a child, are there any seasons after that that are worth watching?

Not sure what to say. All of the non-sequal seasons have their own feel to them.
I would say Savers/Data Squad is the closest to Tamers/Season 3 due to the secret organization thing, and spending the front end of the series in the real world, but it's still pretty different.

It's kind of Sentai-ish. Specifically Dekaranger/SPD-ish

Edited by Silent_Magnus, 04 September 2011 - 12:22 PM.

#79 Copper Bezel

Copper Bezel

Accessorized.

• Supporter
  • 49778 posts
  • Faction::Equestrian

Posted 04 September 2011 - 12:56 PM

I might need to look into Savers then. I loved Tamers, but I can't get into any of the other stuff. Even the first season was dry and a bit more kiddy than I'd prefer. (Y'know, digivolving in the first season was forming Voltron from the get-go. The first time a main character digivolves in Tamers, it's a bad thing.)

QUOTE(Silent_Magnus @ Sep 4 2011, 10:46 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Why did they give him 'Bub's head?

I sometimes wonder how the kids feel about the slight redesigns they do.

Probably just to give a sense of cohesion. It's a neat design - probably another Impmon form?
Shouldn't gravity be doing something?

Of course there's a figure of Rodimus as some kind of animal girl. Why would I be surprised by this?

#80 Tyranno

Tyranno

Let's not lose our heads

• Citizen
  • 35111 posts

Posted 04 September 2011 - 12:58 PM

Well, keep in mind a kid invented it.

But lots of Digimon share visual traits for no reason. I like how Footmon has dreadlocks, though.

Edited by Razorsaw, 04 September 2011 - 01:54 PM.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users