Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  Pennpenn : (19 September 2018 - 09:07 AM)

It's an annoying thing to have happen in any game. I'm hoping they actually finish releasing all the story mode parts before 3 comes out.

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (19 September 2018 - 06:24 AM)

Ahh. Hadn't played that in a long time.. Since before the PVP I think.

@  Pennpenn : (19 September 2018 - 04:33 AM)

Kingdom Hearts Union Cross. Specifically the PVP fights.

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (19 September 2018 - 04:31 AM)

What game PennPenn

@  Pennpenn : (19 September 2018 - 03:13 AM)

Man, I love it when you've got limited attempts at something in a game, said game crashes at the end of the thing, so you lose the attempt but don't get any credit.

@  wonko the sane? : (18 September 2018 - 08:44 PM)

I know. I'm back to the classic purple for the first time since the comic theme was introduced.

@  Fenix Twilight : (18 September 2018 - 08:32 PM)

Alright thanks, gonna be weird without the speech bubble boxes but I'll manage.

@  wonko the sane? : (18 September 2018 - 07:59 PM)

Nope, ongoing problem for a bunch of us. The mods know, so... just hunker down and wait. In the mean time: changing themes will sort it out for a bit. Only the comic theme is affected.

@  Fenix Twilight : (18 September 2018 - 05:36 PM)

Is something going on? I'm missing the buttons to go to the newest post and there's no banner for the forum list, it just says "logo" in the corner.

@  TheMightyMol... : (18 September 2018 - 06:03 AM)

Leader-1!

@  Whirl Maximus : (18 September 2018 - 02:25 AM)

"huh?" 'chuckle' in every reaction shot. That's all I remember of Armada.

@  Paladin : (16 September 2018 - 07:36 PM)

if youre looking for sympathy its in the dictionary between shit & syphilis.

@  TheMightyMol... : (15 September 2018 - 03:10 PM)

Uuuhhhhhh.......

@  Rycochet : (15 September 2018 - 11:56 AM)

Due to it's concentrated lousiness, even small doses of Energon will age you, yes.

@  Lazy Garou : (15 September 2018 - 10:32 AM)

unicron trilogy video was great, but made me feel a hundred years old.

@  wonko the sane? : (12 September 2018 - 07:32 AM)

Awesome. Good job man.

@  Lazy Garou : (11 September 2018 - 09:30 PM)

cleaning up, mostly.but the little plastic piece where the power cable hooked up was broken. That I managed to put back together.

@  Patch : (11 September 2018 - 04:48 PM)

So he also has White Castle-like qualities?

@  TheMightyMol... : (11 September 2018 - 02:23 PM)

Just keep him away from the plumbing, he's really hard on the pipes.

@  RichardT1977 : (11 September 2018 - 01:22 PM)

Overlord has some castle-like qualities to him

@  wonko the sane? : (11 September 2018 - 12:15 PM)

Fix it, like, found a working power adaptor, or fix it like: there was saudering involved.

@  Lazy Garou : (11 September 2018 - 11:58 AM)

that feeling when you fix something and works like a dream. we now have a working snes in my house and I have tested 10 games on it and they all work.

@  Arazyr : (11 September 2018 - 10:44 AM)

...Now I want a Transformer that turns into a castle.

@  wonko the sane? : (11 September 2018 - 09:37 AM)

You should be careful man, lots of allsparkers life in castle law states. It's a good way to get shot you know.

@  ▲ndrusi : (11 September 2018 - 09:35 AM)

Which house? Mine? Dammit I thought I locked my door!

@  GrungeWerX : (11 September 2018 - 01:20 AM)

GrungeWerX in tha HOUSE!!! WOOT!!

@  TM2-Megatron : (10 September 2018 - 11:54 PM)

There's been consistently good sc-fi flicks; most just fly under the radar as lower-budget or indie pictures

@  Steevy Maximus : (10 September 2018 - 09:28 PM)

If you can forget about that garbage Ghost in the Shell feature...

@  Steevy Maximus : (10 September 2018 - 09:27 PM)

Upgrade is a GREAT dark sci fi throwback film. Kind of feels like the genre has been nailing some good stuff after a LONG time of drek

@  Sabrblade : (10 September 2018 - 06:34 PM)

Hey, Steve is a Vehicon!

@  abates : (10 September 2018 - 04:44 PM)

I thought it was spelled "Stege".

@  Arazyr : (10 September 2018 - 02:10 PM)

So, "I before E, except after Siege"? :D

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (10 September 2018 - 01:59 PM)

Memorandum to all: the word "siege" is spelled with the "i" before the "e".

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (08 September 2018 - 12:55 PM)

Happy birthday to Star Trek and Star Trek: The Animated Series!

@  MEDdMI : (08 September 2018 - 07:55 AM)

*smacks TMM upside the head*

@  TheMightyMol... : (08 September 2018 - 02:51 AM)

& Knuckles.

@  Pennpenn : (07 September 2018 - 11:01 PM)

Re: Coded?

@  Waspinator : (07 September 2018 - 09:14 PM)

Final Fantasy: The Movie: The Game: Pocket Edition HD Boogaloo

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (07 September 2018 - 01:03 AM)

Funny thing is, I think the pocket edition graphics give the game more personality.

@  MEDdMI : (06 September 2018 - 11:10 PM)

Final Finception

@  Waspinator : (06 September 2018 - 10:29 PM)

They've made a PS4 version of Final Fantasy 15 Pocket Edition. For those keeping score, it's the PS4 version of a smartphone version of a PS4 game.

@  wonko the sane? : (05 September 2018 - 09:20 PM)

Ah HA! turns out the trick to installing the rift software was to run it as an admin. Stupid windows 10.

@  wonko the sane? : (05 September 2018 - 04:58 PM)

Awright! I got the display port working! Which means I can now connect my occulus rift!

@  MEDdMI : (04 September 2018 - 10:38 PM)

*just stares*

@  Noideaforaname : (04 September 2018 - 09:36 PM)

Hello there

@  wonko the sane? : (04 September 2018 - 09:06 PM)

Howdy.

@  RichardT1977 : (03 September 2018 - 07:11 PM)

Or just a set of arms and shoulder cannons that combined Legends Godbomber with CW Optimus.

@  RichardT1977 : (03 September 2018 - 07:10 PM)

I still wish someone would make an upgrade kit for Combiner Wars Optimus that transformed from a trailer to a set of limbs with Powermaster shoulder cannons...

@  NotVeryKnightly : (03 September 2018 - 09:48 AM)

I read that as "Basilisky" for some reason.

@  Anonymous X : (03 September 2018 - 03:45 AM)

Basicslly

Photo
* * * * * 2 votes

Di. Di. Di. Digimon General. Digimon General.

2934 replies to this topic

#1 Tyranno

Tyranno

Let's not lose our heads

• Citizen
  • 34535 posts

Posted 02 September 2011 - 02:12 AM

Hey, if Toku, Gundam, Doctor Who, and other stuff can have general threads, why not? Plus, the old "Digimon Around" thread is super old.

So, yeah, to start us off, Digimon has quite a few stuff coming down the pipeline. First up is the upcoming continuation of Digimon Xros Wars, which is called "Digimon Xros Wars: The Young Hunters Who Leapt Through Time."

Xros Wars main characters Taiko Kudo and Shoutmon are joined by new main goggleboy Tagiru Akashi and his partner Gumdramon (center), Yuu Amano and Damemon, who are now older (next right), Ren Tobari and Dracumon (far right), and Ryouma Mogami and Airu Suzaki with Psychemon and Opossumon. Beyond that, no other details are known at this time.

Also in the pipeline is a new video game for the PSP, called "Digimon World Re: Digitize", which is said to follow in the footsteps of the original "Digimon World" for the Playstation. Beyond the involvement of Suzhuhito Yasuda, a designer for Shin Megami Tensei, as character designer, not much is known about it. Players will have access to both the real and Digital Worlds, and the first confirmed partner digimon is Agumon.

Next, the third booster for Digimon Jintrix, the current card game, was recently released. Included in it are new digimon based off of Journey to the West, Gokuwmon, Cho*Hakkaimon, Sagomon, Sanzomon, and Shakamon. You can see scans of the new booster here:

http://wikimon.net/D...n_Jintrix_Set_3

Since release, Gokuwmon and Cho*Hakkaimon have had their profiles added to the online Digimon Dictionary.

Gokuwmon
Gokuwmon was born from magma that boiled in a boot volcano and, as a result of extracting data from many databases while searching for more strength, he took on this form and became a rare Battle type Digimon whose combative instincts awakened quickly. He took a trip to the Digital World in order to challenge a powerful enemy due to the earnest desire embedded in the depths of his heart, but he will offer to battle any opponent he meets that he judges to be strong through his contemptuousness. However, Gokuwmon can go too far, which will make the "Jǐngū?r", installed on his head by Sanzomon when he was born, react so greatly that it will tighten his head and make him faint in agony by its curse, so he unwillingly follows courtesy. Gokuwmon excels in many martial arts and types of magic, and the "Nyoikin Tagabō" he wields in his hand is flexible enough to attack remote enemies and, in addition, can be used as an all-around weapon in that he can divide it into a two-barreled handgun that can fire lightning bullets or combine it into a gun that fires lightning bolts. Gokuwmon's "Higi Yumeutsutsu Kage" lightly wields the "Nyoikin Tagabō" and annoys the enemy with his seemingly acrobatic movements, attacking it with dreamy shadows. His "Shippūjinrai Attack" stabs the "Nyoikin Tagabō" into the ground and extends it into a thundercloud within the sky, storing thunder energy within himself before hurling himself at the enemy like a thunderbolt. His "Chōtaiden Raikō-hō" amplifies energy within the "Nyoikin Tagabō" before hitting the enemy with it. In addition, he can move in the sky at high speeds like magic with "D?u Y?n", allowing him to fly in the sky by walking on clouds.

- Gokuwmon's attacks translate as "Secret Move - Trance Shadow", "Lightning Speed Attack", "Super-electrified Lightning Cannon", and "Somersault Cloud."

Cho*Hakkaimon
A woman-shaped Digimon wearing a pig costume. She was once a Digimon of the Angel species, but she incurred the wrath of Ophanimon by commiting evil deeds, which saw her expelled from the heavens and transformed into the form she's in today. She usually has a very bright personality and is so optimistic that she doesn't seem to care about her new body, but she will begin to get irritable if her stomach starts feeling empty, and she'll soon acquire a ferocious personality as time passes. She will go completely berserk when she becomes hungry. Her weapon is the "Ro Suguru-tō Kugi", a booster whose power increases greatly when combined with the Herculean strength of Cho-Hakkaimon. Her "Kyōshin-hō Mai Ran" fully swings the booster and blows away the enemy far into the distance with her accelerating force. Although the "Dadada Miinchi", where she rapidly and continuously attacks with the "Ro Suguru-tō Kugi" looks horrible, she actually flattens the enemy with it. In addition, she can roast the opponent's body crispy brown when she embraces the opponent and flares up her own body in anger with "Buta no Maruyaki". She has gone on a journey in order to stop her personality becoming ferocious and also to seek redemption.

- Cho*Hakkaimon's attacks translate as "Hard Swinging Homerun", "Multi-Hitting Demon Blood Drinker", and "Whole Pig Roast."

Both translations were done by Wildermon of WithTheWill.net.

Finally, last but not least, Digimon Xros Wars has been showing off the winners of Bandai's new "create a digimon" contest in the series' eyecatches. The first winner to be shown off is Ekakimon.

That's all for now.

Edited by Razorsaw, 02 September 2011 - 03:01 PM.

"Disabled people donít have special needs. We have very reasonable human needs. Our needs include freedom from abuse, violence, and mistreatment, the right to autonomy and self-direction, the right to represent ourselves, equal opportunity for education and employment, the right to accommodation, and societal inclusion and acceptance.

The need for accommodation isnít a ďspecial needĒ. Itís a basic human right. Itís a leveling of the playing field that allows us the same opportunities and chances as non-disabled people."

- Amethyst Schaber, http://neurowonderful.tumblr.com/

#2 1stStageMidboss

1stStageMidboss
  • Citizen
  • 3244 posts

Posted 02 September 2011 - 02:17 AM

I'm really looking forward to Re:Digitize, I love the original Digimon World (even if I haven't ever actually beaten it or raised an Ultimate icon-wildride.gif) so a game that's more of a sequel than past Digimon Worlds is something I'm looking forward to.

And I still haven't got around to catching up on Xros Wars... Well, I've got 2 episodes down, that's only what, 47 to go?
Twitter       Tumblr
Steam: Midboss
PSN: AWindfall

#3 DeadPigmon

DeadPigmon
  • Supporter
  • 12338 posts

Posted 02 September 2011 - 02:18 AM

Speaking of which Madman Australia is releasing all the old series on DVD

http://www.madman.co...ction-1-eps-127
http://www.madman.co...tion-2-eps-2854

hopefully they sell so I can get every series

#4 Tyranno

Tyranno

Let's not lose our heads

• Citizen
  • 34535 posts

Posted 02 September 2011 - 02:20 AM

QUOTE(Amadeus Windfall @ Sep 2 2011, 07:17 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm really looking forward to Re:Digitize, I love the original Digimon World (even if I haven't ever actually beaten it or raised an Ultimate icon-wildride.gif) so a game that's more of a sequel than past Digimon Worlds is something I'm looking forward to.

And I still haven't got around to catching up on Xros Wars... Well, I've got 2 episodes down, that's only what, 47 to go?

We're on episode 50.

Personally, I hope they streamline Re:Digitize a bit. I don't mind the V-Pet aspects of it and Championship for the DS, but it could get rather tedious and confusing from time to time.

I mean, the Digimon World games for the DS had a lot of grinding, but at the least it was easier to get some of the digimon you wanted.

Oh, and this is neat; the next Xros Wars DVD cover:

Poor Dorulumon.

Edited by Razorsaw, 02 September 2011 - 02:23 AM.

"Disabled people donít have special needs. We have very reasonable human needs. Our needs include freedom from abuse, violence, and mistreatment, the right to autonomy and self-direction, the right to represent ourselves, equal opportunity for education and employment, the right to accommodation, and societal inclusion and acceptance.

The need for accommodation isnít a ďspecial needĒ. Itís a basic human right. Itís a leveling of the playing field that allows us the same opportunities and chances as non-disabled people."

#5 2018

Merciless.

• Citizen
  • 42884 posts

Posted 02 September 2011 - 03:34 AM

Xros Wars is my favourite hands-down. I'm looking forward to the next series.

PM me if you're bored!

#6 Chris McFeely

Chris McFeely

That was then, this is now.

• Citizen
  • 9108 posts

Posted 02 September 2011 - 04:01 AM

QUOTE(Goblez @ Sep 2 2011, 08:18 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Speaking of which Madman Australia is releasing all the old series on DVD

http://www.madman.co...ction-1-eps-127
http://www.madman.co...tion-2-eps-2854

hopefully they sell so I can get every series

OH SHI--

Must acquire.

QUOTE(Razorsaw @ Sep 2 2011, 08:20 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Oh, and this is neat; the next Xros Wars DVD cover:

Man, I've said it before, but Mervamon has literally the most ridiculous set of knockers I've ever seen in an anime. It's so... not-Digimonny.

#7 2018

Merciless.

• Citizen
  • 42884 posts

Posted 02 September 2011 - 04:27 AM

Imagine them trying to edit them out.

G-Cutemon is the coolest thing ever though.

PM me if you're bored!

#8 Paladin

Paladin

Have Zord, Will Travel

• Citizen
  • 10336 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 02 September 2011 - 06:45 AM

Now I have an official place to ask this:

Am I the only one who actually LIKED Digimon Frontier?
SUPERHERO TIME!!!! Ruining Jokes For Everyone! TWITTER: Paladin4221

#9 DeadPigmon

DeadPigmon
  • Supporter
  • 12338 posts

Posted 02 September 2011 - 07:06 AM

QUOTE(Paladin @ Sep 2 2011, 07:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Now I have an official place to ask this:

Am I the only one who actually LIKED Digimon Frontier?

I only caught it here and there on TV when it aired but I liked what I saw.

#10 Chris McFeely

Chris McFeely

That was then, this is now.

• Citizen
  • 9108 posts

Posted 02 September 2011 - 07:48 AM

QUOTE(Unfair Fight @ Sep 2 2011, 10:27 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I knooooOOoooOOOW. There's no graceful way to get around them in editing. It'll be hacked to ribbons if its dubbed at all.

And yeah, I liked Digimon Frontier quite a bit too. I didn't get to see it until some time after it had aired, as it wasn't on TV in the UK, and I didn't have broadband at the time, and after all I'd heard I didn't EXPECT to enjoy it as much as I did, but it was a lot better than many people were making it sound.

#11 Mugen no Ken

Mugen no Ken

ROCKET DRILL SPACE KIIIIIIICK!

• Citizen
  • 1477 posts
  • Faction::Cannonball's Pirate Crew

Posted 02 September 2011 - 07:53 AM

I like Frontier fine enough; I would personally end up ranking it above 02 and Xros Wars (though I'd rank Xros Wars WELL above 02, for the record)

Frontier's problems lay in the Royal Knights arc, which is nearly 10 episodes straight of Takuya & Kouji getting their asses kicked, and the mishandling of parts of the cast. Izumi getting shorted as much as she did was almost like there was some sort of backlash for Ruki being so self-sufficient and powerful.

However, Takuya's development as a character, and Kouji & Kouichi's characters are all pretty strong. Every one of the cast does undergo some good character development by the end. Plus, Frontier probably has some of THE best fight direction and animation of the first four series.

Lucemon is one of my favorite end bosses, though. He's only there for a few episodes, but comes across SO well in it. (My favorite villain overall is Kurata, however.)

Edited by Mugen no Ken, 02 September 2011 - 07:54 AM.

*Twitter
*City of Heroes Global Name: @MugenNoKen
*AIM Username: Infinity Greymon
*Xbox Live Gamertag: kenkabanchou

#12 Tyranno

Tyranno

Let's not lose our heads

• Citizen
  • 34535 posts

Posted 02 September 2011 - 08:13 AM

More Digimon Dictionary profiles, continuing the "Journey to the West" group.

Sagomon
A Demon Man Digimon that was banished from the heavens of the Digital World and fell into the confines of a bridge-filled island of the North. He usually has a cheerful personality whose jokes are often criticised, but when he touches a skull that is bound around his waist, he'll get angry like enraged fire. The reason for this is because he will transform into a terrible Digimon when he touches the 9 skulls bound around his waist, and he will even lack his own identity afterwards. He wields the super heavyweight-classed "Ji?ng Yāo Bǎo Zh?ng" staff that unleashes a terrible amount of power, and uses it to either create a tornado of water by spinning it lightly with "Ji?ng Yāo Bǎo Zh?ng: Kamon no Jin" or fire torrents of water from the cracks in the earth he creates by flinging his staff onto it with "Ji?ng Yāo Bǎo Zh?ng: Taki no Jin". In addition, he can stab the crescent moon-shaped blade into the enemy in close combat with "Yu?y? Zhǎn". He has gone on a journey in order to find an answer to his dilemma of "What is my true identity?"

- Sagomon's attacks translate to "Demon Quelling Treasure Staff: Waterfall Formation", "Demon Quelling Treasure Staff: Whirpool Formation", and "Moon Fang Slash."

Sanzomon
A Priest Digimon that has gone on a journey across the Digital World in order to seek realization. She has imposed penance on her body over many hard trials, and practices Shugendo day and night. Sanzomon completely lacks weaponry, so instead she performs a variety of attacks by chanting sutras. With "Mori-ku Haru", she notes that she is eternally grateful and revives both the dissipated heart and conscious of other Digimon. With "Kochō Yume Kei", Sanzomon realizes all the ordeals she has suffered. With "Mugen Danmaku-shin Kei", she gives off a hallucination from the beads she holds that endlessly attacks the enemy from all sides and dampens its heart. Sanzomon accumulates a necessary amount of pure and innocent energy from Digimon that allows her to attain realization, and it's said that once she is free from every injury and intractable disease that she suffers throughout her everlasting life, she will be overcome with desire and follow the Digimon she truly loves. However, it's not just enemies that are drawn to Sanzomon, as those Digimon plagued with worry concerning various dilemmas will come to her too. Sanzomon loves finding the answers and the reasons behind them to those troubles, and it's said that she will accompany those Digimon on their journeys.

- I have no idea what the hell any of her attacks translate to.

Once again, translation credit goes to Wildermon.

I'm rather disappointed with Sagomon. He's basically just a rewrite of Shawujingmon, right down to having identical attacks.

Edited by Razorsaw, 02 September 2011 - 08:14 AM.

#13 Tyranno

Tyranno

Let's not lose our heads

• Citizen
  • 34535 posts

Posted 02 September 2011 - 08:36 AM

Trailer for Re: Digitize. Doesn't show much, beyond confirming RizeGreymon and MetalGarurumon for the game.

#14 Eneon

Eneon
  • Citizen
  • 6166 posts
  • Faction::Maximal

Posted 02 September 2011 - 08:46 AM

QUOTE(Razorsaw @ Sep 2 2011, 09:13 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm rather disappointed with Sagomon. He's basically just a rewrite of Shawujingmon, right down to having identical attacks.

Eh, they kind of had to do it, right?
The other four use the Japanese versions of the names.

#15 Tyranno

Tyranno

Let's not lose our heads

• Citizen
  • 34535 posts

Posted 02 September 2011 - 08:49 AM

That's no excuse to make his attacks and profile nearly identical to Shawujingmon's, though. He just seems superfluous now.

I would have preferred it if they made him the "terrible digimon" Shawujingmon would become if he had his prayer beads removed.

#16 Tyranno

Tyranno

Let's not lose our heads

• Citizen
  • 34535 posts

Posted 02 September 2011 - 01:29 PM

Olegmon is the best Death General.

Also, Xros Wars episodes 48, 49, and 50 are subbed.

#17 Jetstream C-18

Jetstream C-18

Doggo of Ulster

• Citizen
  • 24354 posts

Posted 02 September 2011 - 03:00 PM

Razorsaw, that's Dracmon!

My favorite seasons are Adventure and Tamers. I liked what I saw of Savers despite the dub not being of the same caliber as the previous four, I'm okay with Zero Two despite the ending, and... I'm not fond of Frontier. Like, at all. Xros Wars looks promising, but I'm of the opinion that there'll never be a season up to Tamers snuff.

I would have agree with Sagomon just feeling like an un-needed rehash of Shawujingmon, but then I looked at their designs side by side and discovered they aren't just hueswaps.

Edited by Spinner, 02 September 2011 - 03:28 PM.

#18 Tyranno

Tyranno

Let's not lose our heads

• Citizen
  • 34535 posts

Posted 02 September 2011 - 03:02 PM

... >_> You saw nothing.

I'd recommend watching all of Savers. The series is pretty strong, IMHO, even if it does step outside of some of Digimon's standard comfort zones.

#19 Waspinator

Waspinator

Waspinator has a headache in his whole body

• Citizen
  • 23166 posts
  • Faction::Predacon

Posted 02 September 2011 - 03:11 PM

Tamers was great stuff. Surprisingly dark for a kids show, what with the giant monster powered by a suicidally depressed little girl.

#20 Jetstream C-18

Jetstream C-18

Doggo of Ulster

• Citizen
  • 24354 posts

Posted 02 September 2011 - 03:13 PM

The guy who directed tamers, Chiaki J. Konaka, is a huge Eva fan, which would explain things like why Ruki was kind of like Asuka, why Hypnos was almost sorta like NERV if ya squint, and why the agents of the D-Reaper were so friggin' weird like Angels.

Also, Beelzemon was and is awesome.

Edited by Spinner, 02 September 2011 - 03:14 PM.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users