Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  Stepwise : (04 March 2021 - 09:07 PM)

Wonko - I'm really sorry - I've been in that spot where everything is falling apart at the same time.

@  wonko the sane? : (04 March 2021 - 04:49 PM)

a minivan which NOW sounds like it's on it's last legs. Christ, why is everything breaking now?!?!?

@  wonko the sane? : (04 March 2021 - 02:45 PM)

He's willing, but it's our parents minivan, and I'm half the labour.

@  TM2-Megatron : (04 March 2021 - 02:34 PM)

Like anything; if they're willing to haul it away it's theirs.

@  wonko the sane? : (04 March 2021 - 12:44 PM)

And now my brother wants the old fridge, so instead of letting the delivery folk deal with it, I need to move it.

@  NovaSaber : (04 March 2021 - 11:53 AM)

I take objection to the idea that public health is "politics" just because some politicians don't listen to the experts.

@  fourteenwings : (04 March 2021 - 10:59 AM)

I was only replying to the general sentiment of the last three posts before mine.

@  NotVeryKnightly : (04 March 2021 - 10:58 AM)

The person you replied to specifically gave the example of "limiting the amount of people in a facility".

@  NotVeryKnightly : (04 March 2021 - 10:58 AM)

This wasn't about "lock[ing] everyone in the country down".

@  fourteenwings : (04 March 2021 - 10:57 AM)

All I'm saying is there are lockdown and anti-lockdown people and hashing it out in the shoutbox on a toy forum is dumb.

@  fourteenwings : (04 March 2021 - 10:56 AM)

You don't have to lock everyone in the country down to mitigate risks in one population.

@  fourteenwings : (04 March 2021 - 10:56 AM)

Of course older people have it worse, but America is one of those countries where people ship their old people to homes far away from the action anyways.

@  NotVeryKnightly : (04 March 2021 - 10:55 AM)

What ar you even trying to say, anyway? That we shouldn't complain about others increasing the danger more than necessary?

@  fourteenwings : (04 March 2021 - 10:55 AM)

Frankly, there's a lot to say on this issue that can't be encompassed on the shoutbox and I really really don't want to have to deal with politics every single time I check the forums.

@  NotVeryKnightly : (04 March 2021 - 10:54 AM)

To claim that this is about the people in the 20-40 range is also disingenuous.

@  fourteenwings : (04 March 2021 - 10:53 AM)

Essential workers and such are pretty fit on average which is an extra boon for them.

@  fourteenwings : (04 March 2021 - 10:51 AM)

It's not really a personal choice issue, it's a risk versus well, anything you want to do issue. Literally leaving the house results in potential exposure, mask or no. Overall, most of us who hang out here are 20-40, and our survival rate is comparable with some pretty out there statistics.

@  NotVeryKnightly : (04 March 2021 - 10:39 AM)

Anybody who has to go out because of work or groceries or whatever can't just choose to avoid any potential disease-spreaders, for one thing.

@  NotVeryKnightly : (04 March 2021 - 10:38 AM)

Kind of disingenuous to frame this as just a personal choice issue.

@  fourteenwings : (04 March 2021 - 10:22 AM)

This whole "I can't handle people not me having the choice to not put on masks" thing's a bit much.

@  -LittleAutob... : (04 March 2021 - 09:14 AM)

Hey, Florida is one of the most infected states, and we won't even shut down. We may use masks, but restaurants, clubs, you name it, those are still wide open. Also, what's limiting the amount of people in a facility again? :p

@  Steevy Maximus : (03 March 2021 - 08:57 PM)

Oklahoma is right there, apparently. Dang bible belt. Nice people, but not the smartest cookies I've seen.

@  Hg Dragon : (03 March 2021 - 08:52 PM)

Don't worry! COME TO TEXAS WHERE OUR IDIOT GOVENOR DECALRED THE STATE 100% OPEN AND ENDED THE MASK MANDATE!!!

@  TM2-Megatron : (03 March 2021 - 04:21 PM)

Beyond just the not even being able to walk into most stores

@  wonko the sane? : (03 March 2021 - 04:21 PM)

No kidding, but right now: unless it's physically on the shelf in front of you: there's no clear idea when it'll be available. And that goes for just about everything.

@  TM2-Megatron : (03 March 2021 - 04:18 PM)

I've heard new appliances are hard to get, for some reason

@  wonko the sane? : (03 March 2021 - 04:13 PM)

And the new one we settled on is backlogged up to two months. Even better.

@  TM2-Megatron : (03 March 2021 - 11:59 AM)

I mean, it's not all bad. Disney's releasing Speed remastered on 4K

@  wonko the sane? : (03 March 2021 - 08:48 AM)

And now the fridge has died. So far 2021 has been WONDERFUL.

@  Hg Dragon : (01 March 2021 - 08:49 PM)

I'm upset I can't "Like" a shout...

@  TheMightyMol... : (28 February 2021 - 09:39 AM)

The US election? *rimshot*

@  Paladin : (28 February 2021 - 09:19 AM)

WHICH 2016 clown panic?

@  NotVeryKnightly : (28 February 2021 - 07:22 AM)

Didn't that come right after the 2016 clown panic? No way to make clowns not disturbing at the time, surely.

@  PlutoniumBoss : (28 February 2021 - 04:26 AM)

The clown guise is supposed to lure kids in, it's no good if it looks sus in one glance.

@  PlutoniumBoss : (28 February 2021 - 04:15 AM)

The new one tries too hard to be unsettling from the start. Curry's look is just a plain old clown, until he very much is not.

@  PlutoniumBoss : (28 February 2021 - 04:14 AM)

And Curry has a far more disturbing look at times than the newbie.

@  Sabrblade : (28 February 2021 - 02:22 AM)

And the original was a showcase of Tim Curry's delightfulness as an actor. 'Nuff said.

@  unluckiness : (27 February 2021 - 10:19 PM)

first one was a decent horror flick but the second was a mess plotwise and even the scares were worse

@  tigerhawk : (27 February 2021 - 04:57 PM)

Never understood the hype for the IT movies, too many floppy zombie chases, They're not in the least unsettling.

@  Maruten : (25 February 2021 - 06:00 PM)

It's better than the last one!

@  Steevy Maximus : (25 February 2021 - 11:30 AM)

The new Wizards of the Coast logo looks stupid

@  Steevy Maximus : (25 February 2021 - 11:29 AM)

It's really rather shocking watching the Investor Day presentation and seeing how much Hasbro actually owns now.

@  -LittleAutob... : (25 February 2021 - 10:26 AM)

If everyone had COMMON SENSE, then things would maybe go a little better-

@  repowers : (24 February 2021 - 05:33 PM)

If everyone would just have the exact same opinions as me then we wouldn't have this problem

@  Kalidor : (24 February 2021 - 01:49 PM)

It just depends on what it is. It is preferable to take it to P&R though. But sometimes current news as it's happening is less restrictive.

@  fourteenwings : (24 February 2021 - 12:18 AM)

Huh, good point (x3)

@  ▲ndrusi : (23 February 2021 - 11:46 AM)

Yeah. 1. People treat it like Twitter. 2. There's no "take it to P&R" since there's no P&R for the Shoutbox. 3. There's similarly no way to avoid either subjects or people in the Shoutbox since there's no division and it doesn't respect the ignore function, so people end up engaging when they normally wouldn't.

@  fourteenwings : (23 February 2021 - 10:56 AM)

Is there something about the Shoutbox that just means we get politics taking over the thing at least once a week?

@  wonko the sane? : (23 February 2021 - 08:26 AM)

At least your government is willing to talk about the collapsing medicare system. In quebec, their ignoring it in favour of talking about language again! Oh, and unconstitutionally denying access to eduction.

@  Shockwave 75 : (23 February 2021 - 07:52 AM)

At least here in my home province of Ontario we have a conservative gov't who doesn't want to cuz $$$$, but the argument is that they'll end up paying in medical care anyways for those sick people so why not?

Photo
- - - - -

Ponies in the Media

766 replies to this topic

#41 Pocket

Pocket

Naylte ven, naylte yen.

• Citizen
  • 5256 posts

Posted 06 October 2011 - 08:13 PM

QUOTE(Rezo @ Oct 6 2011, 09:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It's okay not to be aware of MLP's history - not a whole lot of FiM fans cared about previous generations. But when one opts to write articles on it, one should probably do a little bit of research. Sigh.

Says the guy who just referred to CR! as "the Nostalgia Critic." icon-arcee.gif

"If you can keep your head while everyone around you is losing theirs, chances are you're not paying attention." - unknown

#42 Scavgraphics

Scavgraphics

Sometimes bad ponies make the best good ponies!

• Supporter
  • 6393 posts
  • Faction::Equestrian

Posted 06 October 2011 - 08:41 PM

QUOTE(Pocket @ Oct 6 2011, 09:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It's okay not to be aware of MLP's history - not a whole lot of FiM fans cared about previous generations. But when one opts to write articles on it, one should probably do a little bit of research. Sigh.

tap tap tap
uh....that was me.

#43 Rezo

Rezo
  • Citizen
  • 345 posts

Posted 06 October 2011 - 08:50 PM

QUOTE(Pocket @ Oct 6 2011, 08:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

My Excuse: I don't usually frequent the site, and was - admittedly quite incorrectly - using it to refer to the entire site, rather than the specific creator *nods*

I also blame Scavgraphics.

#44 (Deactivated) Sobana

(Deactivated) Sobana
  • Guests

Posted 06 October 2011 - 10:58 PM

I seen a lot of articles like that before, every one jumps on the FiM review bandwagon.

Edited by Sobana, 06 October 2011 - 11:00 PM.

#45 (Deactivated) BB Shockwave

(Deactivated) BB Shockwave
  • Guests

Posted 07 October 2011 - 05:27 AM

QUOTE(TM2-Megatron @ Oct 1 2011, 05:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE(Scavgraphics @ Oct 1 2011, 07:29 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Poltergeist as kids movie?

It struck me as odd, too, the first time I caught them airing it. But over time I've gotten used to the notion, as Poltergeist is certainly pretty tame by today's standards (it was even rated PG back during its theatrical run). And apparently it's considered kid-friendly horror by more than just YTV, as well.

http://j-davis.suite...-movies-a292957
http://www.the-top-t...kids-movies.asp

I dunno. As a kid, I only saw the trailers of Gremlins (1-2) and I was deathly afraid of the things. So much that when some weird scratching noise kept coming from the top of a cupboard in my room when I was alone, I was too afraid to check, suspecting a gremlin being there...
I only saw the movies like, in 2000, and I realise they were meant to be parodies. But for a kid, they were damn right scary. Poltergeist, again, based on trailers, was quite spooky.

#46 (Deactivated) Sobana

(Deactivated) Sobana
  • Guests

Posted 08 October 2011 - 05:13 PM

QUOTE(DrSpengler @ Oct 7 2011, 12:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE(Sobana @ Oct 6 2011, 11:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I seen a lot of articles like that before, every one jumps on the FiM review bandwagon.

People writing articles about things they like is a bandwagon, now?

Yeah, that was probably a wrong choice of words. It just sounds like everyone is talking to the same stubborn unhappiest person in the world trying to convince him otherwise. Everyone loves and sings praises about the same aspects of the show they like, namely the entire show, lol.

#47 (Deactivated) BB Shockwave

• Guests

Posted 12 October 2011 - 02:25 PM

Not sure where to post this...

Today was Pony Day for me - not only have I gotten the October issue of the MLP-FiM magazine, and 2 PVC-miniponies for my friends, but - I spotted this:

E-Yup, us Hungarians got a separate DVD release of "Ticket Master", with Hungarian, Polish, Czech and Russian audio. Also, the DVD comes with an extra Twilight Sparkle mini-PVC pony.

The Hungarian voices are surprisingly good, actually - especially Rarity and Twilight, who sound just like the english actresses. The names are not translated though (maybe that's for the best, considering stuff like "Optimus the First") Though the DVD is costly, 3700 HUF (18,5$)... so I walked around a bit, discussed it with another pony fan via phone, then thought... "What the heck, I'll at least have an MLP FiM DVD on my shelf!" PLus, who can resist the power of ponies... icon-fire.gif

#48 (Deactivated) Sobana

(Deactivated) Sobana
  • Guests

Posted 12 October 2011 - 11:45 PM

No one can resist the power of ponies! I like how you had to call up a support brony like he could actually talk you out of it, lol.

#49 (Deactivated) BB Shockwave

• Guests

Posted 13 October 2011 - 04:02 AM

Nah, I called her because there were two DVDs, wondering whether she wanted one... icon-hotrod.gif

I'm glad the show is finally translated, as little kids can enjoy it now too (subtitles are kinda confusing for them).

#50 LoomX

LoomX

Go on, have a jump!

• Supporter
  • 478 posts
  • Faction::Vehicon

Posted 14 October 2011 - 02:41 PM

QUOTE(Kein @ Oct 14 2011, 08:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Haha, I guess no one was patient enough to listen till the end.
In short - official MLP-game in works. And it has villain.

Interesting... I wonder what type of game it will be and if it'll actually be any good. If it's anything like the show it could be good but if it's the usual girly tie-in game...

#51 Adam G

Adam G

Chopper Face 69

• Supporter
  • 10479 posts
  • Faction::Lesbian Ninja

Posted 14 October 2011 - 06:22 PM

QUOTE(Kein @ Oct 13 2011, 11:42 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

What am I listening to? Who is this person, and why should I believe him? Is this you? Why is this person using such a crappy website where I can't chose to move to another part of the audio file? What forum and thread is he talking about? Did you actually expect people to listen through it without an indication of what it was or why it's important? Where did you find this?

#52 pao

pao

Life is a struggle.

• Supporter
  • 858 posts

Posted 14 October 2011 - 07:19 PM

^ Most of the things Adam just said. The voice is vaguely familiar but I can't really put a finger (ear?) on it.

#53 TM2-Megatron

TM2-Megatron
  • Supporter
  • 10982 posts

Posted 14 October 2011 - 07:24 PM

I imagine someone on 4chan or another such place found it. I put it on in the background since I wasn't really doing anything important, and holy crap does that dude like to listen to himself talk! That alone lends a bit of credence to the claim that he's some kind of semi-professional VA (a totally professional VA wouldn't be like that, I'd hope, lol). But yeah, on a forum like this one, it usually takes more than a random link to make most people commit to sitting there for a few minutes and listen to something. These types of forums, unlike the "chan" boards, tend to favour more full-length discussion.

As much as I'd like to see a FiM video game, I don't hold out high hopes as to the quality of anything we do get. The Nintendo DS has about 500 different games about horses and/or ponies and/or barbie riding around on horses and/or ponies. Each and every one of them is pure garbage, like all DS shovelware. I don't see Hasbro putting much more work into a game than any of those other companies do.

Edited by TM2-Megatron, 14 October 2011 - 07:26 PM.

#54 (Deactivated) Sobana

(Deactivated) Sobana
  • Guests

Posted 14 October 2011 - 07:27 PM

A FiM game? Has Hasbro finally come to the realization of what kind of cash pony this series is? lol.

#55 Adam G

Adam G

Chopper Face 69

• Supporter
  • 10479 posts

Posted 17 October 2011 - 07:20 AM

QUOTE(Kein @ Oct 15 2011, 08:19 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
As I mentioned in another thread - many leaks regarding FiM came from 4chan. Flashinthepan visited 4han as well.
ALL was confimed.

I'm PRETTY sure this one eventually will be confirmed as well, haha. We will see.

Wow you answered zero of my questions. So you don't even know who's voice that is? Is it me in that clip? Can you even tell us it's not you?

#56 Adam G

Adam G

Chopper Face 69

• Supporter
  • 10479 posts

Posted 17 October 2011 - 01:49 PM

QUOTE(Kein @ Oct 17 2011, 02:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Anyway, there is a reason why he posted as anonymous on anonymous board. Apparently, he didn't want anyone o knwo before the time comes.

This is the first time you even mention this. Where was it even found? Honestly I have no reason to believe any of this.

#57 nuclearsuplex

nuclearsuplex
  • Supporter
  • 68 posts
  • Faction::Autobot

Posted 17 October 2011 - 04:59 PM

QUOTE(Adam @ Oct 17 2011, 02:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Anyway, there is a reason why he posted as anonymous on anonymous board. Apparently, he didn't want anyone o knwo before the time comes.

This is the first time you even mention this. Where was it even found? Honestly I have no reason to believe any of this.

I heard the game takes place five years after the show.

#58 Creature SH

Creature SH

Condimented

• Supporter
  • 6133 posts
  • Faction::Dinobot

Posted 17 October 2011 - 05:20 PM

QUOTE(nuclearsuplex @ Oct 17 2011, 11:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE(Adam @ Oct 17 2011, 02:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I heard the game takes place five years after the show.

icon-ironhide.gif

j1GI7Gi.gif

#59 Adam G

Adam G

Chopper Face 69

• Supporter
  • 10479 posts

Posted 17 October 2011 - 11:06 PM

icon-ball.gif

#60 stonecutter

stonecutter

One-trick Pony

• Citizen
  • 67 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 18 October 2011 - 01:02 PM

QUOTE(BB Shockwave @ Oct 12 2011, 02:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
E-Yup, us Hungarians got a separate DVD release of "Ticket Master", with Hungarian, Polish, Czech and Russian audio.

Hope to see how good (or not) these dubs are on youtube soon.
"I'll tell everyone about your Discord fanfic!"
*gasp* "No one must know!"

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users