Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  Noideaforaname : (23 May 2017 - 03:26 PM)

@MEDdMI - Me and my teacher both had box turtles. The teach did animal rescue work, so two of her turtles were actually deformed and couldn't be released (one's shell was too large and the other's too small), so they ended up being class pets.

@  LBD "Nyt... : (23 May 2017 - 02:12 PM)

They had regular flat, cereal bowl-type molding at the bottom, so it wasn't much an issue that I can recall.

@  OrionPax44 : (23 May 2017 - 02:10 PM)

How tough is it to clean out those bowls. I'd imagine the nooks and crannies from their spines are tough areas.

@  LBD "Nyt... : (23 May 2017 - 01:47 PM)

I had two of those bowls, Michelangelo and Donatello

@  MEDdMI : (23 May 2017 - 01:46 PM)

Nice. What kind of turtles?

@  Noideaforaname : (23 May 2017 - 01:10 PM)

I had that turtle bowl too. Never did the obvious 'pretend to be Shredder and dine on turtle soup'... but that's because I had a bunch of pet turtles plus I frequently pet-sat a teacher's trio.

@  TheMightyMol... : (23 May 2017 - 12:36 PM)

You ate out of a Ninja Turtle? Kinky.

@  NightViper : (23 May 2017 - 12:33 PM)

My bowl didn't just have a picture of a Ninja Turtle, it WAS a Ninja Turtle. And came with a box of Cookie Crisp that I didn't eat.

@  Foffy : (23 May 2017 - 12:31 PM)

My favorite dish is this bowl I had as a kid that had a picture of a Ninja Turtle on it.

@  Robowang : (23 May 2017 - 10:32 AM)

mmm. That's my favorite dish.

@  Bass X0 : (23 May 2017 - 10:06 AM)

like.... Fractured But Whole?

@  MEDdMI : (23 May 2017 - 06:51 AM)

everything sounds dirty

@  NotVeryKnightly : (23 May 2017 - 06:49 AM)

why does this sound dirty

@  Bass X0 : (23 May 2017 - 06:05 AM)

Psh. I'm still waiting for Ranma Whole.

@  unluckiness : (23 May 2017 - 05:08 AM)

I'll wait for the sequel series Dragon Whole.

@  Maruten : (23 May 2017 - 04:26 AM)

Can't believe the Dragon Half manga is finally being translated this year.

@  Bass X0 : (23 May 2017 - 03:22 AM)

DRAGON HALF!

@  MEDdMI : (22 May 2017 - 09:00 PM)

Xellos...? *looks at avatar pic* speaking of old anime... DRAGON SLAVE!!!

@  Xellos : (22 May 2017 - 08:56 PM)

Yeah, Tylor is awesome. One of the few series (Tylor and Escaflowne) I watched multiple times subtitled. On VHS even. Own two sets of each on DVD (or BD in 2nd Escaflowne's case). Original Tylor DVD and the remastered DVD, and both sets of dubs for Escaflowne (not counting the aborted Saturday morning edit, though I did tape that as it aired).

@  Steevy Maximus : (22 May 2017 - 08:28 PM)

Man, I'm so sad I missed so much of the mid-90s anime. The Irresponsible Captain Tylor is SO MUCH FUN!

@  Paladin : (22 May 2017 - 11:43 AM)

where's GALVATRON in MP form dammit?! he didn't even get in for the anniversary year...

@  TheMightyMol... : (22 May 2017 - 11:35 AM)

I'm still waiting on the rest of the Dinobots.

@  Robowang : (22 May 2017 - 11:24 AM)

The Decepticon MP cassettes are probably my favorite MP figures so far. Fantastic little dudes.

@  Bass X0 : (22 May 2017 - 11:23 AM)

I want a Masterpiece Blaster if only because I'm fond of the Masterpiece cassettes and want Takara to make more. They should also do Slugfest and Overkill since they were in the cartoon too, even if it was only very briefly.

@  Robowang : (22 May 2017 - 11:21 AM)

I just want the Chip figure. The only Autobot cars I have or want are G2 Sideswipe and Hot Rod.

@  Paladin : (22 May 2017 - 11:14 AM)

another Autobot car. "yaaaaaay."

@  Benbot : (22 May 2017 - 11:02 AM)

I haven't been this excited about a new MP since the Datsuns! He looks amazing

@  Robowang : (22 May 2017 - 11:01 AM)

I love the little human figures with the MP line. Is it just young Spike, Future Spike, and Daniel so far?

@  Robowang : (22 May 2017 - 11:00 AM)

And it comes with Chip Chase! I will order just for that! Holy crap!

@  Bass X0 : (22 May 2017 - 10:55 AM)

Whoo! Masterpiece Sunstreaker!

@  Anonymous X : (22 May 2017 - 10:40 AM)

Less said about the Sinclair Microdrive, the better...

@  Anonymous X : (22 May 2017 - 10:23 AM)

I had two ZX Spectrum games on cartridge. Played 'em loads as it beat having to wait ten minutes for unreliable tape loading...

@  Rycochet : (22 May 2017 - 09:25 AM)

Super Bootspork!

@  Bass X0 : (22 May 2017 - 08:45 AM)

I remember doing the same for my ZX Spectrum.

@  DeltaSeeker : (22 May 2017 - 08:40 AM)

I remember loading games on my Vic20 from an audio tape.

@  Paladin : (22 May 2017 - 08:37 AM)

anyone remember "Chex Quest?"

@  Robowang : (22 May 2017 - 07:13 AM)

I never played those. I had, like, two-color bootleg files of Donkey Kong and stuff like that with 50 games on a disk.

@  MEDdMI : (22 May 2017 - 07:11 AM)

not pure text games, but you still had to use text input to do stuff. "PICK UP flask", etc

@  MEDdMI : (22 May 2017 - 07:05 AM)

I think those were the old King's Quest/Space Quest ones

@  Robowang : (22 May 2017 - 07:02 AM)

I remember floppy disk games! Never gamed enough to own one that was more than a disk, though.

@  MEDdMI : (22 May 2017 - 07:01 AM)

I remember booting things from DOS, and games that were like 10 floppy disks big.

@  Robowang : (22 May 2017 - 06:57 AM)

*dies*

@  Robowang : (22 May 2017 - 06:57 AM)

Oh man, the days of Realplayer and AIM and man, I can't believe how long ago that was.

@  TM2-Megatron : (22 May 2017 - 01:00 AM)

ugh, RealMedia was pretty awful. RealPlayer was so bloated and buggy, I tried to avoid it

@  siccoyote : (22 May 2017 - 12:17 AM)

I remember downloading Realmedia episodes of Beast Wars Season 3, days after they were shown in Americ, but the quality was terrible and the guy who did it wasted half of a stereo audio track because he recorded it in mono. Took many hours to download

@  TM2-Megatron : (21 May 2017 - 09:55 PM)

Yeah, I remember those days. I had a bunch of Quicktime clips from Beasties/Beast Wars and Reboot, most of which I had to leave the computer on overnight to get, lol

@  Steevy Maximus : (21 May 2017 - 09:49 PM)

I remember when it took 3 hours to download a 240p, 2.5 minute movie trailer

@  MEDdMI : (21 May 2017 - 09:02 PM)

and there weren't any rocks yet, they were all space dust

@  MEDdMI : (21 May 2017 - 09:02 PM)

I remember when there was no internet

@  Telly : (21 May 2017 - 08:55 PM)

dont remember what it was called, but i had an internet answering machine software back in the day. turn it on when i was online and i wouldnt miss a call. would leave it off if i didnt want to be bothered though lol

Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

My Little Sympony Orchestra

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
46 replies to this topic

#1 LoomX

LoomX

Go on, have a jump!

• Supporter
  • 478 posts

Posted 11 August 2011 - 03:30 AM

One of the things I love about the show is the musical numbers, from Pinkie's random songs to the grandness of At The Gala. So let's discuss the wonderful songs that the series has brought us.

Also, Daniel Ingram has posted a demo to Hop Skip Jump from Dragonshy. Enjoy icon-hotrod.gif

Hop Skip Jump demo

Edited by LoomX, 11 August 2011 - 09:56 AM.

#2 Scavgraphics

Scavgraphics

Sometimes bad ponies make the best good ponies!

• Supporter
  • 6382 posts

Posted 11 August 2011 - 08:56 AM

Good timing for a thread (but no alliterative title?)

Anywho.... So, I was thinking...in Winter Wrap-Up, the Southern Bird Verse. Who's singing it?
There's 2 different singers, and Flutter Shy seems to be the second singer ("We wake up all the sleepy-heads"). So who sings first?

#3 LoomX

LoomX

Go on, have a jump!

• Supporter
  • 478 posts

Posted 11 August 2011 - 10:15 AM

It was a bit boring the title wasn't it? I've given it a more pony based theme now icon-hotrod.gif

As for who's singing that verse, it puzzles me too. I think it's Rarity since she doesn't sing any other parts.

#4 Sailor Unicron

Sailor Unicron
  • Citizen
  • 3551 posts

Posted 11 August 2011 - 10:32 AM

So far, I have Winter Wrap Up, Art of the Dress, and At the Gala on my MP3 player. I still need to add Giggle at the Ghostly and Equestria Girls.

Winter Wrap Up is really fun, but the counterpoint makes it a bit difficult to sing.
You are more than flesh and bone / Can't you see, you're something beautiful...you gotta believe that you are / Someone worth dying for

God's not dead!

In 1996: "TRUKK NOT MUNKEY!"; In 2013: "PONEE NOT HUGHMAN!"; in 2014: "TREE NOT CASSUL"; Regardless of the fandom, it all boils down to one thing: "RUINED FOREVA!"

DA account

I got my counter at Jellyneo.net! NaNoWriMo is GO!

#5 Scavgraphics

Scavgraphics

Sometimes bad ponies make the best good ponies!

• Supporter
  • 6382 posts

Posted 11 August 2011 - 11:00 AM

^There's a link to a soundtrack album in my signature.
Though, I'll be doing a better version in the next bunch of days.

#6 TM2-Megatron

TM2-Megatron
  • Supporter
  • 10069 posts

Posted 11 August 2011 - 01:48 PM

Here's a link to the soundtrack files I made for myself; I uploaded them a while back for someone else, but I figure it doesn't hurt to link here as well. Everything from season 1, in the order it was heard, plus the opening and closing themes on either end; and Equestria Girls as the final track. 256kbps AAC, and volume normalized as much as possible.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=DYIH8J2D

Edited by TM2-Megatron, 11 August 2011 - 03:13 PM.

#7 Robot Viking

Robot Viking

Loot, pillage, burn, watch TV

• Supporter
  • 679 posts

Posted 11 August 2011 - 03:11 PM

QUOTE(TM2-Megatron @ Aug 11 2011, 01:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Here's a link to the soundtrack files I made for myself

I was in the process of making one for myself, but yours is very nice. Thank you for sharing (and saving me some headaches.)

#8 MrBlud

MrBlud

Goes down smooth...

• Staff
  • 50422 posts

Posted 11 August 2011 - 04:51 PM

Wasn't there an alternate opening/ending theme or something with Pinkie's singing VA?

Anypony have that one?

card-strongarm.jpg

#9 TM2-Megatron

TM2-Megatron
  • Supporter
  • 10069 posts

Posted 11 August 2011 - 04:52 PM

Yeah, the quality is surprisingly adequate for songs that've been pulled from lossy sources. However, we may not have to make do with those forever. According to a post on Equestria Daily earlier today, Daniel Ingram indicated that there is in fact an extended version of the main theme, but that it won't be released until the soundtrack is put out (he doesn't know when that might be, but apparently he's under the impression it's going to be done). I was always hoping there'd be a proper CD release.

http://www.equestria...606018586674405

#10 Robot Viking

Robot Viking

• Supporter
  • 679 posts

Posted 11 August 2011 - 04:59 PM

QUOTE(TM2-Megatron @ Aug 11 2011, 04:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I was always hoping there'd be a proper CD release.

They would be fools not to; I want that thing.
Yesterday.

#11 TM2-Megatron

TM2-Megatron
  • Supporter
  • 10069 posts

Posted 11 August 2011 - 05:14 PM

Such often seems to be the case with full versions of songs which have been truncated for television; maybe we just get too accustomed to the more familiar version. Either way, it'd be fun to hear. I hope they include some background music and maybe alternate cues, if any exist. In a way, I wish Hasbro would simply give the material to a company like La-La-Land Records or Film Score Monthly; now they do excellent soundtrack work, with extensive liner notes and as much content as is possible to squeeze onto optical disc(s). La-La-Land in particular has done several albums for animated properties from DC, I believe.

Edited by TM2-Megatron, 11 August 2011 - 05:16 PM.

#12 pao

pao

Life is a struggle.

• Supporter
  • 858 posts

Posted 11 August 2011 - 06:36 PM

A Ponychan contributor occasionally (~weekly) updates this everything Everything EVERYTHING in pony music compilation. I suspect, but cannot confirm, that the sound quality of the official music is probably not quite up to the level of the collections above. On the other hoof, Waka's compilation includes pretty much Every Fan Music Ever. While production quality varies, it is the quickest way to get everything out there for your perusal.

For the record, I happen to like RainbowCrash88's straightforward 8-bit interpretations of Ingram's songs, as well as UnanimousDelivers' crazy samplefests, which are just too much fun. In the latter case it's helped by not overusing the "Louder!"/"yay" samples, which I feel is a crutch too many people are relying on.

#13 TM2-Megatron

TM2-Megatron
  • Supporter
  • 10069 posts

Posted 11 August 2011 - 06:52 PM

I've compiled a great deal of the fan-made remixes, 8-bit versions, and also Eurobeat Brony's compositions; almost all in lossless FLAC, sometimes requesting FLAC versions when the original upload was lossy. However, since I didn't create them and don't have permission to redistribute (especially in the case of Eurobeat Brony, whose songs you can download in lossless quality in a name-your-price kind of deal), I only include those versions of the official songs that I made myself in the collection I linked to above.

#14 Robot Viking

Robot Viking

• Supporter
  • 679 posts

Posted 14 August 2011 - 10:38 AM

I was rather impressed by this rescore of the bit from "Party of One."

Edited by RoboViking, 14 August 2011 - 12:20 PM.

#15 Matenshi

Matenshi
  • Citizen
  • 288 posts

Posted 16 August 2011 - 08:22 PM

QUOTE(TM2-Megatron @ Aug 11 2011, 11:48 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Here's a link to the soundtrack files I made for myself; I uploaded them a while back for someone else, but I figure it doesn't hurt to link here as well. Everything from season 1, in the order it was heard, plus the opening and closing themes on either end; and Equestria Girls as the final track. 256kbps AAC, and volume normalized as much as possible.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=DYIH8J2D

Thank you so much for these!

The only thing I can think of that's "missing" is Sweetie Belle singing the CMC theme (although I can't remember if that might have been too short to be worth bothering?) and the version of the opening that was sung by Pinkie's singing VA. Has no one been able to save a copy of the latter?

#16 TM2-Megatron

TM2-Megatron
  • Supporter
  • 10069 posts

Posted 16 August 2011 - 08:39 PM

QUOTE(Matenshi @ Aug 16 2011, 09:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The only thing I can think of that's "missing" is Sweetie Belle singing the CMC theme (although I can't remember if that might have been too short to be worth bothering?) and the version of the opening that was sung by Pinkie's singing VA. Has no one been able to save a copy of the latter?

Yeah, I felt Sweetie's line or two of the CMC theme she'd come up with was a little too short. Tbh, I'd hoped that a more complete rendition of her version of the theme would show up at some point in the future, which is why I added the "(Rock Ballad Version)" to the title of the one they performed at the talent show.

I hadn't heard that Pinkie's singing VA had a version of the theme out there; it'd be interesting to hear.

Edited by TM2-Megatron, 16 August 2011 - 08:39 PM.

#17 Matenshi

Matenshi
  • Citizen
  • 288 posts

Posted 16 August 2011 - 08:47 PM

http://soundcloud.co...mo-shan/s-VaBGI

It's cool both for the fact it's her singing it, and that it gives us a version where someone's just plain singing the theme and not as their characters.

#18 TM2-Megatron

TM2-Megatron
  • Supporter
  • 10069 posts

Posted 16 August 2011 - 08:59 PM

Cute; she has a pretty voice.

heh, the icon/avatar Mr. Ingram chose for that song is the edit I did of an Apple Bloom vector long ago, to make it look like Pinkie (before we knew what she really looked like as a filly).

#19 TM2 Dinobot

TM2 Dinobot

Wha?

• Citizen
  • 4639 posts

Posted 16 August 2011 - 10:58 PM

I think that Winter Wrap Up is the best done and most addictive, but I will admit that a recut of the CMC theme with proper vocals would knock my socks off.

I need a soundtrack. Yesterday.
I had a better signature... then it ran away. MLP card trade list. MLP blind bag trade list.

#20 Matenshi

Matenshi
  • Citizen
  • 288 posts

Posted 20 August 2011 - 06:10 PM

QUOTE(TM2-Megatron @ Aug 16 2011, 06:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
heh, the icon/avatar Mr. Ingram chose for that song is the edit I did of an Apple Bloom vector long ago, to make it look like Pinkie (before we knew what she really looked like as a filly).

I saw someone in the comments asking if it was an early design for her. lol