Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  wonko the sane? : (20 October 2018 - 11:40 AM)

Holy fish! Second life is still a thing?!?!

@  Benbot : (20 October 2018 - 08:32 AM)

What were you streaming, Silverclaw?

@  Shrug : (20 October 2018 - 05:28 AM)

Russian interference should have been fighting an uphill battle, but as far as I'm concerned we gave them a head start.

@  Shrug : (20 October 2018 - 05:23 AM)

I disagree with Hillary being a good choice to run against Trump. Plenty of mixed feelings about her long before 2016 within our own party. When the DNC has to rig it's own primaries to get their chosen candidate running, maybe you shouldn't expect an easy landslide at the actual election.

@  Pennpenn : (20 October 2018 - 05:20 AM)

It would have also helped if the US was also an actualy democracy where the candidate who gets the most votes wins, but hey.

@  Rycochet : (20 October 2018 - 04:42 AM)

You helped destroy western democracy, but hey, at least no-one can accuse you of bias... Oh wait, they did, still do, and are going to keep doing so as long as you report facts.

@  Rycochet : (20 October 2018 - 04:39 AM)

Hillary was a good choice to run against Trump, the big problem was the media crawling all over themselves to try and push the idea of fairness, and threw her under the bus to do so. Any hint of impropriety was treated as being exactly the same as actual proven criminal acts by Trump in order to avoid being seen as biased... and at the end of it all, he turned around and bit them for doing so because that's who he is.

@  Nevermore : (20 October 2018 - 03:37 AM)

Many right-wingers are using its name as part of our version of the term "libtards": "Left-green filthy".

@  Nevermore : (20 October 2018 - 03:35 AM)

It's the only of the "established" parties (it's almost 40 years old at this point) that has remained true to its principles.

@  Nevermore : (20 October 2018 - 03:34 AM)

Meanwhile, some uplifting news from Germany: While our big parties are rapidly losing voters, and our new "we're not really extreme" right-wing party is gaining voters, there is one other party that is scoring massive points, both in polls and the recent Bavarian state election: The Green Party.

@  Nevermore : (20 October 2018 - 03:33 AM)

I still think having Hillary run against Drumpf was a bad choice.

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (20 October 2018 - 03:32 AM)

Well on the bright side, we know more people voted for HIllary than the cheeto.

@  Nevermore : (20 October 2018 - 03:31 AM)

I guess many a prepper might have also voted for the person most likely to bring about the end of society they are waiting for.

@  Nevermore : (20 October 2018 - 03:28 AM)

Now let that sink in, and then think about how many people voted for Agent Orange.

@  Nevermore : (20 October 2018 - 03:27 AM)

Elected officials often represent how the voters either view themselves, or how they would like to be.

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (20 October 2018 - 12:21 AM)

Well I had 8 people watching my stream at one time tonight.. I call that a success...

@  Telly : (19 October 2018 - 11:08 PM)

my latest order from tfsource is coming from pennsylvania. all other ones have come from vegas (or thereabouts). did they move? is there a convention in pennsylvania theyre at and shipped from there?

@  MEDdMI : (19 October 2018 - 10:02 PM)

Unless it's the main cast of Persona 5.

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (19 October 2018 - 10:02 PM)

I realize there is a certain irony in my vocabulary selection there.

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (19 October 2018 - 10:01 PM)

People who admire public thieves and tricksters are.....sad.

@  Pennpenn : (19 October 2018 - 07:04 PM)

Ah damn it, need to go get some new headphones.

@  wonko the sane? : (19 October 2018 - 06:21 PM)

Power was out for most of the day, and now a boil water advisory. Been a great day so far...

@  Nevermore : (19 October 2018 - 05:31 PM)

Bottom line, he reminds them alternatively of all the con men they grew up with watching on television (i.e. televangelists) or their favorite character from the Bible (i.e. Old Testament God).

@  Nevermore : (19 October 2018 - 05:30 PM)

Bill Maher gave an excellent explanation for why the Religious Right loves Trump so much.

@  wonko the sane? : (19 October 2018 - 05:02 PM)

"NOOOO said the man in washington! It's belongs to the poor!"... oh boy was he wrong.

@  Paladin : (19 October 2018 - 04:34 PM)

see also Andrew Ryan

@  RichardT1977 : (19 October 2018 - 03:18 PM)

Also, "Big Father" has almost all the benefits of "Big Brother", but with none of the drawbacks.

@  TheMightyMol... : (19 October 2018 - 02:22 PM)

I'd go with "moron", personally.

@  Pennpenn : (19 October 2018 - 10:02 AM)

Why not both?

@  Benbot : (19 October 2018 - 09:56 AM)

I think she was a psychopath.

@  Echowarrior : (19 October 2018 - 09:50 AM)

Ayn Rand was a pretentious bitch.

@  Noideaforaname : (19 October 2018 - 09:31 AM)

But Sven makes way more sense now

@  Noideaforaname : (19 October 2018 - 09:30 AM)

Man, watching the original Voltron cartoon for the first time is so weird after having only seen the Netflix reboot.

@  D.M : (19 October 2018 - 09:09 AM)

+They don't really give a crap about God. All their religious talk is just part of the mask. They wanna look like the ideal citizen (what they consider that to be) - the most Christian of all Christians, the most patriotic of all patriots, etc.

@  Pennpenn : (19 October 2018 - 08:13 AM)

That's because she was also greedy, heartless, and despised the poor, which is something the right often loves more than God.

@  RichardT1977 : (19 October 2018 - 07:55 AM)

I find it rather amusing that the party of the Religious Right sees wisdom in a woman who hated the notion of God almost as much as she hated and feared the idea of being part of a family.

@  Nevermore : (19 October 2018 - 05:39 AM)

However, another big issue is cultural differences. We do have a sense of humor, it's just different than in other cultures because it is a product of a different culture. Simply put, what you might find incredibly funny is considered unfunny by Germans... and vice versa.

@  Nevermore : (19 October 2018 - 05:38 AM)

It's actually a multi-faceted issue. Yes, some Germans are incredibly devoid of humor, although those people exist in other countries too. I have no ideas regarding statistics, but these people exist.

@  Nevermore : (19 October 2018 - 05:37 AM)

So, about this long-standing stereotype that "Germans have no sense of humor"...

@  TheMightyMol... : (19 October 2018 - 03:49 AM)

I got enough Rand fighting my way through the Sword of Truth series. I can't imagine trying to read the original work.

@  Pennpenn : (19 October 2018 - 02:39 AM)

All the people who like Rand should go live in a big underwater city. I cannot foresee anything that could go wrong with such a scenario.

@  MidnightFox : (19 October 2018 - 01:13 AM)

Everyone needs to stop reading Rand

@  Tieria Prime : (18 October 2018 - 10:54 PM)

Gotten a new Gundam gunpla toy model kit 

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (18 October 2018 - 09:47 PM)

Ugh it's ridiculous how some people worship Rand's ideas.

@  wonko the sane? : (18 October 2018 - 09:07 PM)

That's one of the things the old cable companies got right: Only one or two options per area. The illusion of choice.

@  Paladin : (18 October 2018 - 08:48 PM)

business types need to stop reading Ayn Rand.

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (18 October 2018 - 07:29 PM)

The streaming services are starting to get too saturated and start canabilising each other.

@  Steevy Maximus : (18 October 2018 - 06:50 PM)

Good thing I never bought into VRV...Funimation is pulling out. And I got into HiDive at $4 a month.

@  Echowarrior : (18 October 2018 - 10:21 AM)

The restauraunt messes up your food, you complain to customer service. Complain to 911 when you get food poisoning from said food.

@  MEDdMI : (18 October 2018 - 07:59 AM)

Ugh. I hate people sometimes.

Photo
* * * * * 3 votes

What time is is it? Adventure Time Thread!

439 replies to this topic

#1 Liege

Liege

Deathsaurus Rising

• Supporter
  • 4833 posts
  • Faction::Cannonball's Pirate Crew

Posted 08 August 2011 - 10:11 AM

Am I the only one here who's been watching this? Are you all too hopped up on ponies?

It's a really awesome cartoon, the right mix of action and humor (most of it surreal) with some great characters and interesting world building, not to mention some mathematical tunes icon-ironhide.gif .

So, those of you who like this show should come discuss it here and those of you who haven't seen it yet should watch a few episodes, imho it beats the pants off a certain other show that shall remain nameless.
QUOTE(NightViper @ Aug 3 2013, 02:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE(Escargon @ Aug 1 2013, 10:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
And Liege, you're words really have had an effect on me. It made me relise I've shouldn't care about what others think of me, I should only care about what I think of myself.

Liege is a small dude with a lot of wisdom.

Well one of those descriptive words is accurate I suppose!

3ds friend code: kyle 4141 2965 5460 pm me yours to add.

#2 Zek

Zek

Resident Goober

• Supporter
  • 7766 posts

Posted 08 August 2011 - 10:16 AM

I love Adventure Time, yet it's never on when I'm watching CN (stupid Johnny Test and Regular show razza frazza). It's great, I absolutely love it.

#3 Kalidor

Kalidor

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Owner
  • 59734 posts

Posted 08 August 2011 - 10:17 AM

10 seconds of a 30 second commercial was about all I could stand. Maybe you can tell me why this is better than every other crappy art cartoon being churned out by CN over the past 15 years.

#4 LoomX

LoomX

Go on, have a jump!

• Supporter
  • 478 posts
  • Faction::Vehicon

Posted 08 August 2011 - 10:19 AM

Algebraic!

My mate recommended this show to me after he watched it with his son. It's one of the most random shows I've watched in a while and I love it!

#5 DeadPigmon

DeadPigmon
  • Supporter
  • 12338 posts

Posted 08 August 2011 - 10:20 AM

This is what I'm getting pumped for

#6 ZacWilliam1

ZacWilliam1
  • Citizen
  • 16424 posts
  • Faction::RIRFIB

Posted 08 August 2011 - 10:28 AM

Adventure Time is great!

Much better than CNs own slock. It was actually an award winning animated short adapted into being a series by it's creator.

I wouldn't have expected it either, but once I actually watched... I don't miss an episode now.

It's really well written, fun clever adventure stuff with good humor and enjoyable characters.. Take classic DnD, Thundar the barbarians post apocalyptic world, Johnny Quest, Kamandi the last boy, Bill Murry, and the Venture Bros (minus the "adult" stuff) and mix it with some fun surrealness and use it to create a well written, surprising cartoon that kids and geeky parents can both love and you have Adventure Time!

-ZacWilliam, seriously, one of the best cartoons on TV right now IMO.
Ever wonder about the speed of Turbofoxes?
Or the proverbial ailerons of Titanium Moosebots?

*Visit the one and only Cybertronic Bestiary.
For a mechazoologic tour of the mechanimals of Cybertron.

#7 ZacWilliam1

ZacWilliam1
  • Citizen
  • 16424 posts
  • Faction::RIRFIB

Posted 08 August 2011 - 10:33 AM

QUOTE(Goblez @ Aug 8 2011, 11:20 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
This is what I'm getting pumped for

<iframe width="560" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/O5kY1qjVI8w" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Ok, didn't follow any AT! News from Comicon. That was really coo! Is it just a one shot that switches everyone's gender to see what it'd be like?

ZacWilliam, has the strongest urge to see these guys meet the regular cast...
Ever wonder about the speed of Turbofoxes?
Or the proverbial ailerons of Titanium Moosebots?

*Visit the one and only Cybertronic Bestiary.
For a mechazoologic tour of the mechanimals of Cybertron.

#8 Robot Viking

Robot Viking

Loot, pillage, burn, watch TV

• Supporter
  • 679 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 08 August 2011 - 10:40 AM

QUOTE(LoomX @ Aug 8 2011, 10:19 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Algebraic!

That clip did nothing for me. I presume it's much funnier in context, then?

#9 Liege

Liege

Deathsaurus Rising

• Supporter
  • 4833 posts
  • Location:Providence RI (Formerly Pittsburgh PA &amp; Wales UK)

Posted 08 August 2011 - 10:48 AM

QUOTE(Kalidor @ Aug 8 2011, 11:17 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
10 seconds of a 30 second commercial was about all I could stand. Maybe you can tell me why this is better than every other crappy art cartoon being churned out by CN over the past 15 years.

Well for starters, despite it's appearances it is an action cartoon as well as a comedy. It's about Finn the human and Jake the dog in the land of Ooo, which is hinted as being a post apocalyptic wasteland after being devastated by 'The Mushroom War'. Which explains why there are no humans apart from Finn and why everyone is some kind of mutant. It's got an interesting sorta fantasy setting with some technological elements.

The episodes are mostly episodic but there is continuity and the end of last season had 'the big bad' The Lich (who was mentioned in past episodes as being defeated by Billy the Legendary Hero) being resurrected. Think of it like MLP:FiM if the rest of the show was more like the tone set in the pilot (but also much more awesome). The characters are very likeable, Finn and Jake's friendship being very sweet at times, not to mention Princess Bubblegum, Marceline the Vampire Queen or Lumpy Space Princess (OH MY GLOB).

I'll admit some of the adverts can be annoying especially as they tend to show the more surreal moments without context; for example for the newest episode that premiers this week the adverts keep focusing on one character with the most annoyingly screechy voice. If that had been my first experience with it I'm not sure I'd have wanted to watch it either, but give it a couple of episodes (they're only 10 mins long) and see if you like it. If you do, you do, if you don't, you don't.
And Liege, you're words really have had an effect on me. It made me relise I've shouldn't care about what others think of me, I should only care about what I think of myself.

#10 DeadPigmon

DeadPigmon
  • Supporter
  • 12338 posts

Posted 08 August 2011 - 10:54 AM

it also has awesome songs

#11 AnkhChalice

AnkhChalice
  • Citizen
  • 1565 posts

Posted 08 August 2011 - 11:51 AM

The song for Billy is awesome. That was a great episode.

#12 Confuzor

Confuzor

They put em in Smash Bros!!!!

• Supporter
  • 7510 posts

Posted 08 August 2011 - 12:07 PM

Adventure Time, and to a lesser extent Regular Show, make Mondays tolerable ^__^

#13 Zek

Zek

Resident Goober

• Supporter
  • 7766 posts

Posted 08 August 2011 - 02:11 PM

I simply can't stand Regular Show. Ugh. So annoying! "YEAAAUGGGHH" BLECH!

End of rant. AT is totally mathematical.

#14 Liege

Liege

Deathsaurus Rising

• Supporter
  • 4833 posts
  • Location:Providence RI (Formerly Pittsburgh PA &amp; Wales UK)

Posted 08 August 2011 - 02:31 PM

I watched RS for the first time yesterday; it wasn't bad. I liked the main two characters but the show at times feels like it's trying too hard to be surreal or absurd with the other characters (like OMG THIS GUY IS A GUMBALL MAHCINE FOR NO REASON).

#15 Lancer

Lancer

Wahrwelf of Ulster

• Citizen
  • 24389 posts
  • Faction::Maximal

Posted 08 August 2011 - 02:34 PM

QUOTE(Confuzor @ Aug 8 2011, 01:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Adventure Time, and to a lesser extent Regular Show, make Mondays tolerable ^__^

I love both of those shows, mainly 'cuz they both got a retro feel to them.

#16 Confuzor

Confuzor

They put em in Smash Bros!!!!

• Supporter
  • 7510 posts

Posted 08 August 2011 - 02:47 PM

Regular Show is definitely one that needs a few episodes "get". Also, it was apparently inspired by cocaine. EDIT: Tonight's ep is a rerun, but a really good ep to get a feeling for the show when it's firing on all cylinders.

But Adventure, Time, I've loved it since day one, and has very rarely disappointed me. But much like MLP, it can't be explained by simply showing people the funny parts out of context, one needs to watch it, see the great animation (animation itself is different from art style), listen to the funny dialogue (and what they manage to get away with!) and immerse themselves in the pure FUN to be had.

Edited by Confuzor, 08 August 2011 - 02:49 PM.

#17 Benbot

Benbot

What a nerd

• Supporter
  • 4705 posts

Posted 08 August 2011 - 02:54 PM

I keep wanting to see Adventure Time, but I've never gotten around to it. I've heard good things, though.

#18 Dez

Dez

Deszaras = BANNED

• Citizen
  • 168 posts

Posted 08 August 2011 - 03:29 PM

I love Adventure Time, Regular Show, Chowder and Flapjack. Better than most jive (like Morel Orel or 12oz Mouse) AS has been doing for years.
We got better things to do than stand about in your crap shop, lookin at you two silicon berks?

#19 Corgsopal

Corgsopal

Hanging 'round amorphous mounds

• Supporter
  • 5736 posts
  • Faction::Lesbian Ninja

Posted 08 August 2011 - 04:01 PM

I've adopted Math into my rotation of pseudo-swears. They really do get away with a ton of stuff. LSP is the best. As are Stanley and his family. I hope Fin still has that tiny computer in his throat, I've missed it.

The show has this strange Naive Darkness to it. Like Invader Zim without the bleakness. I mean, they made me laugh out loud at implicit cannibalism.
Reclaim the suffix.

#20 Corgsopal

Corgsopal

Hanging 'round amorphous mounds

• Supporter
  • 5736 posts
  • Faction::Lesbian Ninja

Posted 08 August 2011 - 05:51 PM

"If I had a penny for every time some went crazy hopped up and magical energy... I'd be Abraham Lincoln."
Reclaim the suffix.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users